UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 06-04-2022, 07:40 PM   #201
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Whimsicott Even if we have to say our goodbyes, I'll never part from your side

Lil'twick – Unperturbed by the princess's odd behavior, you simply bow back out of politeness and suggest returning to the party with a courteous smile, courting coyly by the promise of cake. The Bellossom's face falls as she looks to her handmaiden, who clasps hands consolingly and nods before the two begin to tearfully confess their woes, which Kadabra conveys with disproportionate dispassion:

"It seems now that the princess has come of age, the ball is also meant to act as a debut to potential suitors. However, the two are already involved in a clandestine love affair of their own, and were holding secret trysts here. Since neither of them sought the Sword itself, the Stonjourner allowed the pair to pass and carry out their rendezvous within the safety of the cave, where no one would dare come look for them – or so they thought."

At that moment, you hear a thunderous sound echoing throughout the cavern – and through the door suddenly bursts Pie with a roar, followed by reinforcements of the king himself and his army – ready to take down whatever threat had kidnapped their precious princess. In the rear you can even spot the Whimsicott chef as well, clearly worried about its own offspring's wellbeing after having heard the news. To your surprise, you also see Carrot being carried along – albeit still trapped inside the wooden cage. Perhaps Pie had convinced (or rather "persuaded") the plants that the Carbink was needed in order to help navigate the tunnels of its element.

Upon witnessing the poor confined rabbit, the noble lady immediately forgets her fear of father's disapproval and becomes enraged instead, launching loudly into a stern lecture before any of the confused parties can act. Uxie doesn't bother translating this time, but you can tell they're all terrified – including the king as he instantly barks commands for the captive to be released. Carrot floats thankfully over to you as the Bellossom continues to unabashedly berate her father for such foolish and rash decisions, as the browbeaten dictator demurely takes in the tirade without objection, tyranny turned against him as he wilts under her reproachful gaze. Seems he's weak to his daughter's will after all, as after some further explanation he submits completely to the "forbidden" couple's union upon realizing their devotion was true, welcoming with open arms despite the status difference. Several subjects giggle in knowing relief, most having already been aware of the (not-so) hidden relationship, and that her doting dad only wished for her happiness above all.

Meanwhile, Cottonee reunites with its own anxious parent, who listens in awe as the former proudly reports its triumph against much larger foes - and the great act of kindness you performed during the fight. With plans underway to change the party's purpose to a wedding reception, all seems well as you reach for your well-deserved weapon prize, ready to end this leg of your journey as you lift it skyward...

To your shock, electricity starts to crackle around you as a bolt of lightning shoots down from above (despite being indoors), drawn to the tip of the blade. A tear appears to form in the air, as if rending the fabric of reality itself – widening before your eyes as space seems to warp and distort – creating a violently swirling violet vortex with bright white spiderweb cracks radiating from the center. Uxie's impassive expression flickers in understanding.

"It would seem Dialga is responding to the removal of one of the regalia from its resting place... At this rate, space-time will only continue to grow more unstable. I sense the Dragon of Darkness growing restless as well. It won't be long before my sister tracks down the energy disturbance either. But, perhaps this could work to our benefit..."

With a snap of its fingers, the Kadabra conjures a small, seemingly unassuming round mirror – presumably one of the other mystic relics it apparently had in its possession all along. Before you can question the somewhat suspicious lack of transparency, it also produces a spool of shimmering scarlet string and hands both mysterious items to you.

*Obtained 1x Sword of Valor*

*Obtained 1x Mirror of Wisdom*

*Obtained 1x Destiny Knot*

"If you take the sword and mirror with you through the Gate, they will be safe from my sister's detection for the time being. This red thread will act as a conduit to stabilize the continuum and bind your presence to the current plane. When you wish to return to this point, you need only wrap it around the sword's hilt in a loop three times, then gaze at its reflection through the mirror. That should be sufficient length for me to lead my sister away from here, after which I will return to wait for you. Even if significantly more time passes on your own end, it should lead you back here within a relative short frame."

Boggled by this paradoxical proposal, you're not quite sure what to make of the situation. To your further surprise though, Cottonee comes closer – both concerned and curious as it glances back to its guardian, seeming to want to tag along on your adventure. Having gained so much knowledge and experience just being by your side for a short time, it wishes to see more of the world and broaden its horizons. Whatever lies beyond the threshold, it trusts it'll be okay so long as it's together with you – as the Whimsicott nods in acknowledgment, saddened but satisfied with its child's choice.

The portal pulses behind you, waiting patiently for you to pick your path. Dare you risk to enter the rippling rift, not knowing when or where it leads?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #202
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick Gonna start all over again // Never give in to the call of yesterday

Marion Ette-

The words of your heart ring out true, and the entirety of the battlefield becomes consumed in white. The giant red orb soon fades with it, and the Pokemon called to your side bow one by one before disappearing. The white gives away to the sound of a harp trill, and a rainbow in the sky. Beneath that rainbow, a singular golden chest drops onto the ground... The Keith Avatar has been vanquished!

All that leaves is you and Bia, you seeing the Mega Banette soon fading away into nothing. Your past is finally unburdened. Sure, this is the first step, but you could feel you had the ability to move forwards once more. Bia then gives you a quick hug before fading too. You would see her once more in the waking world. So, all that was left to claim your prize, right?

One foot forward, then another. All of your happy memories fade and melt away as your heart feels warm. This was love, fully bloomed. You still loved him, that was true. Even if you had let him go now, that doesn't mean that your love would fade so quickly. And, feeling so warm inside, you finally touch the chest to open it.

You see something that twists your gut and breaks your heart on opening the chest. Inside, something so fragile and delicate... Is a Chespin Plushie. Twisted and changed by your memories, the doll now having the same horns and wings as the man you had just fought before. But, you recognize the stitching and patchwork immediately. This was yours. This is what you gave to him.

You have obtained x1 Avatar Chespin Plushie!

---

You awaken praying before the statue of Her Grace, Ella finishing up her prayer. Your face felt hot, and you could feel the soft heaviness of the plushie within your arms. You look up to see Bia looming over you with concern. Did she remember what had happened? You could not tell, her gaze was unbreaking and unchanging. Yet, there was something that had changed.

You feel your back lighter, and look to see a small... blue orb-thingy standing under Bia's legs. The Fool who had brought you victory, and was there for you. The Wynaut, looking as happy as ever. The Pokemon reaches forwards with its arms and wipes away a tear before giving you a kooky smile. Why? Wynaut!

Congradulations! You have hatched a Lv. 5 Male Wynaut!

"Sister Minerva!" You hear Brunetta's husky voice as the larger woman heads toward you.

"Her Glory has already left, and thus I am now in charge. So, let me congratulate you... Her Grace has deemed you worthy of joining our ranks, so now you shall. And thus, we shall gift you your starting package," the stout woman states before snapping.

In a few moments, you see none other than Sister Thandiwe approach up the stairs, carrying a woven basket. The smell of bread emanated from within, but that was not everything. You are handed the basket and are given a nod to look inside.

You see freshly baked bread, along with a badge with the II insignia. You find a small baggy of wrapped candies, a pouch containing a large nugget, the holy scripture, and wooden beads, and notice that this is all wrapped within a silken scarf.

You have obtained:

x1 Traveling Sister Badge (Denotes you as a member of the Church of Saint Maglynn)

x1 Book of Saint Maglynn

x1 Prayer Beads

x1 Loaf of Sister Thandiwe's Bread (Functions as a Mysterious Gummi.)

x3 Rare Candies

x1 Big Nugget

x1 Silk Scarf

"We shall watch over Ella here, if that is what she wishes for," Sister Brunetta then states, and the small girl nods happily.

"Thank you, Sister! I believe Her Grace has both pointed our paths forwards. 'Beneath the North Star, his light shall guide.' That's what she told me in response to my prayers! Oh, and I saw a yellow star creature too!" she exclaims happily, hugging the repaired Fuzzykins tightly. She then goes up to you and hugs you tightly as well.

"Now dear, Sister Minerva has a lot to do. Remember, she walks with you now Sister. Continue your path forwards, and we shall always be here if you need us," Sister Brunetta finishes as you see Thandiwe give you a smile before taking Ella below.

"Within the book will be your missions, carry them out well. Send us status updates when necessary... Her Glory trusts you shall fulfill them well, Sister," Brunetta then leans in and whispers into your ear. "You're a Cyclops no longer, but keep that part of yourself as you travel."

With a bow, the woman then leaves to go check on the patrons of the church. What did she mean by that? Well, no matter. One secret organization to another. You could tell there was more to these women than met the eye as soon as you entered the cathedral. But, with renewed Strength and the Fool to guide, the process of healing can now truly begin. The world was your Cloyster, so go ahead Sister, and take it!

---

OOC: And that concludes your Arcane/Mystical Realm adventure. I loved writing this adventure for you Marion, and I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did. You are free to pick up your rewards in your final response. And remember, you're always welcome back!~

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 01:39 PM   #203
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick These ruined halls entomb stolen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Lil'twick – Unperturbed by the princess's odd behavior, you simply bow back out of politeness and suggest returning to the party with a courteous smile, courting coyly by the promise of cake. The Bellossom's face falls as she looks to her handmaiden, who clasps hands consolingly and nods before the two begin to tearfully confess their woes, which Kadabra conveys with disproportionate dispassion:

"It seems now that the princess has come of age, the ball is also meant to act as a debut to potential suitors. However, the two are already involved in a clandestine love affair of their own, and were holding secret trysts here. Since neither of them sought the Sword itself, the Stonjourner allowed the pair to pass and carry out their rendezvous within the safety of the cave, where no one would dare come look for them – or so they thought."

At that moment, you hear a thunderous sound echoing throughout the cavern – and through the door suddenly bursts Pie with a roar, followed by reinforcements of the king himself and his army – ready to take down whatever threat had kidnapped their precious princess. In the rear you can even spot the Whimsicott chef as well, clearly worried about its own offspring's wellbeing after having heard the news. To your surprise, you also see Carrot being carried along – albeit still trapped inside the wooden cage. Perhaps Pie had convinced (or rather "persuaded") the plants that the Carbink was needed in order to help navigate the tunnels of its element.

Upon witnessing the poor confined rabbit, the noble lady immediately forgets her fear of father's disapproval and becomes enraged instead, launching loudly into a stern lecture before any of the confused parties can act. Uxie doesn't bother translating this time, but you can tell they're all terrified – including the king as he instantly barks commands for the captive to be released. Carrot floats thankfully over to you as the Bellossom continues to unabashedly berate her father for such foolish and rash decisions, as the browbeaten dictator demurely takes in the tirade without objection, tyranny turned against him as he wilts under her reproachful gaze. Seems he's weak to his daughter's will after all, as after some further explanation he submits completely to the "forbidden" couple's union upon realizing their devotion was true, welcoming with open arms despite the status difference. Several subjects giggle in knowing relief, most having already been aware of the (not-so) hidden relationship, and that her doting dad only wished for her happiness above all.

Meanwhile, Cottonee reunites with its own anxious parent, who listens in awe as the former proudly reports its triumph against much larger foes - and the great act of kindness you performed during the fight. With plans underway to change the party's purpose to a wedding reception, all seems well as you reach for your well-deserved weapon prize, ready to end this leg of your journey as you lift it skyward...

To your shock, electricity starts to crackle around you as a bolt of lightning shoots down from above (despite being indoors), drawn to the tip of the blade. A tear appears to form in the air, as if rending the fabric of reality itself – widening before your eyes as space seems to warp and distort – creating a violently swirling violet vortex with bright white spiderweb cracks radiating from the center. Uxie's impassive expression flickers in understanding.

"It would seem Dialga is responding to the removal of one of the regalia from its resting place... At this rate, space-time will only continue to grow more unstable. I sense the Dragon of Darkness growing restless as well. It won't be long before my sister tracks down the energy disturbance either. But, perhaps this could work to our benefit..."

With a snap of its fingers, the Kadabra conjures a small, seemingly unassuming round mirror – presumably one of the other mystic relics it apparently had in its possession all along. Before you can question the somewhat suspicious lack of transparency, it also produces a spool of shimmering scarlet string and hands both mysterious items to you.

*Obtained 1x Sword of Valor*

*Obtained 1x Mirror of Wisdom*

*Obtained 1x Destiny Knot*

"If you take the sword and mirror with you through the Gate, they will be safe from my sister's detection for the time being. This red thread will act as a conduit to stabilize the continuum and bind your presence to the current plane. When you wish to return to this point, you need only wrap it around the sword's hilt in a loop three times, then gaze at its reflection through the mirror. That should be sufficient length for me to lead my sister away from here, after which I will return to wait for you. Even if significantly more time passes on your own end, it should lead you back here within a relative short frame."

Boggled by this paradoxical proposal, you're not quite sure what to make of the situation. To your further surprise though, Cottonee comes closer – both concerned and curious as it glances back to its guardian, seeming to want to tag along on your adventure. Having gained so much knowledge and experience just being by your side for a short time, it wishes to see more of the world and broaden its horizons. Whatever lies beyond the threshold, it trusts it'll be okay so long as it's together with you – as the Whimsicott nods in acknowledgment, saddened but satisfied with its child's choice.

The portal pulses behind you, waiting patiently for you to pick your path. Dare you risk to enter the rippling rift, not knowing when or where it leads?
Leo watches in awe as the entire kingdom marches in, and couldn't help but laugh at the entire situation as it unfolded. Custard joined him in doing so, and he watched happily as Pie and Carrot returned to his side. The Snorlax and Carbink were both incredibly dependably friends, so he was glad they were with him.

He then listened to Uxie's explanation as he gazed into the mirror. His mind blanked, and he could feel the primal dragon's roar. Future memories came trickling in, and he felt terrified. He was a fish out of temporal water, as soon as he had teleported away previously. So, that's why all he could remember was visiting the patisserie...

"I finally... see what's happening. Dialga's Gate. It will cause massive destruction to this land..." he muttered, looking at the Uxie. His gut screamed to put the regalia back, but he couldn't. It felt as if something was stopping him. No matter what, his body wouldn't move forwards. Instead, a moment of clarity.

"No. I know what I must do. This moment decides the entire fate of Fizzytopia. And... to protect all of my friends... I must take this sword. I must. Yet, from the look of myself, I know not of this moment. I must not know of it..." Leo states, head hanging low and sword at his side.

He looks at the Cottonee. He's not a hero, but his Pokemon might. This would explain why he saw nothing of the Pokemon with him in the future. This was why. A singular sacrifice to protect everything.

"Please, my friend..." he takes out a Pokeball. "Join me. And once you do, go through the rift with the sword and shield. In four years' time, find me at a place called Charity's Embrace," he tells of the Pokemon before looking at the Uxie.

"I can't destroy everything that will happen by going through the rift. Please, blank my memory of what has transpired here and teleport me away. I- 'll manage," he states with a deep breath. "With what I had seen reflected... I'll manage."

He then sits down, exhausted. Whatever was going on to him, he didn't understand. He was afraid but felt that by going through the portal things would only end up being worse than if he stayed. He wouldn't know how he escaped that rampaging blob monster, but perhaps he never will. Some secrets... are best left buried.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-05-2022, 02:15 PM   #204
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Stargazer - Aster tries his best to let Breaker’s outburst go unnoticed, but unfortunately for him, it’s not that easy to sneak up on a Ranger—the moment her ears catch wind of Nidoran’s paws barreling through the underbrush, the woman whips around to spot him!

It’s clear from just a moment of watching her reaction that she has experience to spare. The ranger’s arm snaps decisively to her hip, plucking a Great Ball off her belt like a ripe Tamato Berry well before Aster can even ready his. Eyes lock onto the rushing Nidoran, completely unphased by the gleam of his venomous horn barreling towards her, and she immediately takes aim to try and intercept him with the ball!

Thankfully, Aster manages to recall his Pokemon just in time to avoid him crashing against whatever the Ranger was about to send out. In fact, by the way she freezes mid-throw, she seems momentarily caught off-guard by Nidoran’s sudden disappearance—at least until she follows the beam of light back to its source, and notices the child walking towards her. Her smile is disarmingly warm, but her eyes betray just that slightest bit of lingering caution as she listens to Aster introduce herself.

“Oh! It’s nice to meet you, Aster! My name’s Fenri,” the woman replies, visibly easing up after such a tense first impression. Clipping the ball back upon her belt, she looks the Trainer over and chuckles lightheartedly, “anyway, you gave me a bit of a startle, there! Nidoran can be pretty aggressive even after they’ve been caught. I’d suggest you keep his ball in your pocket so he can’t leap out like that again.”

It’s certainly sage advice, but it seems Fenri has completely missed Aster’s offer for assistance, as she continues on after a short beat, “you definitely picked the right place to learn the ropes, kid. Pinewood Park is always teeming with Pokemon, all you gotta do is keep your eyes and ears out—and if you get into trouble, we’ll only be a holler away!”

Something about Fenri’s spiel seems a bit off, though, like she’s fumbling through what should be a pretty easy conversation. What’s more, she seems very insistent on obstructing Aster’s view of the thicket she was just standing in; if his gaze starts drifting to one side, she carefully shifts her weight to follow it.

What will Aster do?
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:00 PM   #205
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Whimsicott Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow...

Lil'twick – Past, present, future... All of it seemed to be building up to this moment. Suddenly, the gaps in your memory start to make sense, and you know what you must do. The weight of decision rests heavy in your hands as you lower the sword to your side, and turn to the true hero of this story – offering it a chance to bind your fates... before you must part ways.

Cottonee stares at you in shock and confusion, looking like it's about to cry. After everything you had been through together... And you would just abandon it all? Leave it to fight alone? You can't explain, that this is the only way to maintain the future as you know it. To ensure its very existence, the safety of everyone you hold dear.

"So, you would rather relinquish Knowledge in order to preserve the timestream, even if it means hurting Emotions... A noble sacrifice for a human. Perhaps you possess the most Willpower of all."

Kadabra coolly remarks, considering the request.

"Very well then. I did promise to send you back should you so wish. It would seem your role here is finished after all, to guide the regalia to their real bearers."

Bemused by this oddly prophetic (plural) declaration, you proceed to bestow the blade upon Cottonee, who gapes in awe as the weapon begins to glow in response - clearly marking its master in recognition of such courage in the face of greater foes. Even so, the young seedling appears reluctant to enter the rift by itself. To the side, the princess and her handmaiden glance at each other, before nodding and stepping forward to volunteer their services. The king immediately balks in protest, but the princess pleads her case. All life relied on the sun to survive, but plants especially. If the sun was truly dying, then she had a royal duty to defend her kingdom. Her loyal retainer – or rather floral fiancé – stubbornly stands by her as well, begging her liege to let them go with such fierce persistence in spite of lower status. Pledging to protect the princess – nay, her partner – with her very life.

Just then, the mirror still in your hands starts to hum, growing hot to the touch as it escapes your grip of its own accord and gravitates towards the Grass aristocrat. Witnessing this, the king relents to such wise words and display of determined will, giving his blessing for the girls to go fulfill their own obvious destinies outside the forest. The Bellossom gratefully pecks her parent's cheek, before revolving to you with an apologetic air. She approaches and hands you a small solar crystal as recompense to atone for her father’s awful behavior, a souvenir gifted to her by the Stonjourner but she had no more need for herself.

*Obtained 1x Sun Stone*

The pair then join the other brave champion, forming a trio of proven formidable forces despite their greenness. Rather than go straight through the Gate however, Cottonee continues to linger hesitantly, gazing back at you and the Ball you presented – before shaking its head. Instead, it takes a segment of the scarlet thread and wraps it a few times around your finger, before cutting the strand in half. If, in four years' time as you claim, it comes to meet you again and the vow is kept, then it will accept your proposal. Until then, your hearts will remain connected by the crimson cord. ...Even if you forget everything, it will forever remember your kindness, and strive to become strong enough to stay by your side always.

Declining its head, it then hovers over to the portal, looking back one last time as it seems to want to say something more – then changes its mind at the last minute and simply states:

"See you later."

Simultaneously, Uxie raises its hand to your temple, and as Cottonee sheds a single tear before following its friends and disappearing into the space-time distortion, so too does everything fade to black...

You blink, finding yourself standing in the center of Hanged Man's Plaza, right beneath the renowned monk's statue. A reminder to renounce all wordly ties and possessions, foregoing personal desire for the greater good. Strange, how did you get here? Last you recall, you were traveling to meet the owner of a famous pâtisserie in the Magician's Hamlet in hopes of learning his trade secrets, who subsequently sent you on an errand to fetch eggs... And then nothing. Your Pokémon beside you appear puzzled as well, and try as you might you can't seem to clear the fog blocking your brain.

Peering down at your palms, you realize a ruby ribbon has somehow been affixed to one of your digits without your notice, shimmering in the flickering sunlight refracted by an amber jewel in the other. How peculiar...

Four years later

A bell chimes overhead, signaling the arrival not of a new customer – but a package delivery to Charity's Embrace. It's the 12 dozen eggs you ordered at last. Rushing over to usher in the courier with relief, you come face to face with a surprisingly small fluffball poking its leafy limbs between the cartons, balancing precariously on flimsy foliage. It peeks up at you shyly with an expectant expression even after establishing confirmation of receipt, seeming to await a reaction of some sort. Perplexed but preoccupied, you carry on counting the inventory to ensure all the goods are accounted for; although to your bewilderment there seem to be some extra rare delicacies not included on the packing list that were somehow mixed in the bunch...

*Obtained 1x Lucky Egg*

*Obtained 1x Rainbow Egg*

The Cottonee clears its throat, and Custard comes over curiously to help interpret the stranger's speech. Seems it's heard heaps of praise for how popular your establishment has become, and dreams of becoming a baker itself someday. Thus it came seeking an apprenticeship, wishing to study under a world-class expert such as yourself. It would be a great honor if you could grant this opportunity, as it bows to proffer a present of its own: a beautiful flower bouquet of soft white, pale pink, and muted blue blooms (one blossom type of the latter shade incongruously appearing somewhat different from the rest) with a nostalgically familiar scent, bound together with red string...

*Obtained 1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby's Breath*

*Obtained 1x Forget-Me-Not*

*(Re-?)Obtained 1x Destiny Knot*

What do you say?

-

OoC - With this, your Adventure is now (technically) over. You may RP a post to pick up Lv. 25 Cottonee with EM NATURE POWER. I hope you enjoyed, even if we didn't get to finish in full. ^^;
Old 06-09-2022, 09:54 PM   #206
Lil'twick
Insanity

Whimsicott You look as good as the day I met you // I forget just why I left you, I was insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Lil'twick – Past, present, future... All of it seemed to be building up to this moment. Suddenly, the gaps in your memory start to make sense, and you know what you must do. The weight of decision rests heavy in your hands as you lower the sword to your side, and turn to the true hero of this story – offering it a chance to bind your fates... before you must part ways.

Cottonee stares at you in shock and confusion, looking like it's about to cry. After everything you had been through together... And you would just abandon it all? Leave it to fight alone? You can't explain, that this is the only way to maintain the future as you know it. To ensure its very existence, the safety of everyone you hold dear.

"So, you would rather relinquish Knowledge in order to preserve the timestream, even if it means hurting Emotions... A noble sacrifice for a human. Perhaps you possess the most Willpower of all."

Kadabra coolly remarks, considering the request.

"Very well then. I did promise to send you back should you so wish. It would seem your role here is finished after all, to guide the regalia to their real bearers."

Bemused by this oddly prophetic (plural) declaration, you proceed to bestow the blade upon Cottonee, who gapes in awe as the weapon begins to glow in response - clearly marking its master in recognition of such courage in the face of greater foes. Even so, the young seedling appears reluctant to enter the rift by itself. To the side, the princess and her handmaiden glance at each other, before nodding and stepping forward to volunteer their services. The king immediately balks in protest, but the princess pleads her case. All life relied on the sun to survive, but plants especially. If the sun was truly dying, then she had a royal duty to defend her kingdom. Her loyal retainer – or rather floral fiancé – stubbornly stands by her as well, begging her liege to let them go with such fierce persistence in spite of lower status. Pledging to protect the princess – nay, her partner – with her very life.

Just then, the mirror still in your hands starts to hum, growing hot to the touch as it escapes your grip of its own accord and gravitates towards the Grass aristocrat. Witnessing this, the king relents to such wise words and display of determined will, giving his blessing for the girls to go fulfill their own obvious destinies outside the forest. The Bellossom gratefully pecks her parent's cheek, before revolving to you with an apologetic air. She approaches and hands you a small solar crystal as recompense to atone for her father’s awful behavior, a souvenir gifted to her by the Stonjourner but she had no more need for herself.

*Obtained 1x Sun Stone*

The pair then join the other brave champion, forming a trio of proven formidable forces despite their greenness. Rather than go straight through the Gate however, Cottonee continues to linger hesitantly, gazing back at you and the Ball you presented – before shaking its head. Instead, it takes a segment of the scarlet thread and wraps it a few times around your finger, before cutting the strand in half. If, in four years' time as you claim, it comes to meet you again and the vow is kept, then it will accept your proposal. Until then, your hearts will remain connected by the crimson cord. ...Even if you forget everything, it will forever remember your kindness, and strive to become strong enough to stay by your side always.

Declining its head, it then hovers over to the portal, looking back one last time as it seems to want to say something more – then changes its mind at the last minute and simply states:

"See you later."

Simultaneously, Uxie raises its hand to your temple, and as Cottonee sheds a single tear before following its friends and disappearing into the space-time distortion, so too does everything fade to black...

You blink, finding yourself standing in the center of Hanged Man's Plaza, right beneath the renowned monk's statue. A reminder to renounce all wordly ties and possessions, foregoing personal desire for the greater good. Strange, how did you get here? Last you recall, you were traveling to meet the owner of a famous pâtisserie in the Magician's Hamlet in hopes of learning his trade secrets, who subsequently sent you on an errand to fetch eggs... And then nothing. Your Pokémon beside you appear puzzled as well, and try as you might you can't seem to clear the fog blocking your brain.

Peering down at your palms, you realize a ruby ribbon has somehow been affixed to one of your digits without your notice, shimmering in the flickering sunlight refracted by an amber jewel in the other. How peculiar...

Four years later

A bell chimes overhead, signaling the arrival not of a new customer – but a package delivery to Charity's Embrace. It's the 12 dozen eggs you ordered at last. Rushing over to usher in the courier with relief, you come face to face with a surprisingly small fluffball poking its leafy limbs between the cartons, balancing precariously on flimsy foliage. It peeks up at you shyly with an expectant expression even after establishing confirmation of receipt, seeming to await a reaction of some sort. Perplexed but preoccupied, you carry on counting the inventory to ensure all the goods are accounted for; although to your bewilderment there seem to be some extra rare delicacies not included on the packing list that were somehow mixed in the bunch...

*Obtained 1x Lucky Egg*

*Obtained 1x Rainbow Egg*

The Cottonee clears its throat, and Custard comes over curiously to help interpret the stranger's speech. Seems it's heard heaps of praise for how popular your establishment has become, and dreams of becoming a baker itself someday. Thus it came seeking an apprenticeship, wishing to study under a world-class expert such as yourself. It would be a great honor if you could grant this opportunity, as it bows to proffer a present of its own: a beautiful flower bouquet of soft white, pale pink, and muted blue blooms (one blossom type of the latter shade incongruously appearing somewhat different from the rest) with a nostalgically familiar scent, bound together with red string...

*Obtained 1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby's Breath*

*Obtained 1x Forget-Me-Not*

*(Re-?)Obtained 1x Destiny Knot*

What do you say?

-

OoC - With this, your Adventure is now (technically) over. You may RP a post to pick up Lv. 25 Cottonee with EM NATURE POWER. I hope you enjoyed, even if we didn't get to finish in full. ^^;

He could feel the tears run down his cheeks, seeing his Pokemon go away with the princess. He could feel bound by the Destiny Knot, knowing he would see the Pokemon again. This was his sacrifice, to make sure everything stayed as it would. And his plea to forget... that too must go through. He would never remember this day. WHatever the Uxie weaved, it would be stronger than anything else. Yet, he was fine with this. His team was fine with this... Because once everything was said and done, he would see his beloved apprentice once again.

"An ending, huh? Just like with Taiga..." he muttered as he disappeared.

Leo looked up at the statue before him, bewildered at the events before him. Why was he here...? Wasn't he...? No. That mattered not now. He was here, and he had a feeling that if he followed through on that ambition things would go awfully. Instead, he noticed someone put a "for sale sign" on an abandoned building.

"Hey, wait up!" he called out, red ribbon flying away.

---

Four years later. Sure, it took him two years of saving to buy what would be known as 'Charity's Embrace', and he needed a roommate to help pay shit off, but this was his. Things were certainly getting more and more lively by the day, especially with the innovations he has been able to afford as of late. Sure, his gym quieting down was a little... concerning, but he knew things would work out in the end with that.

"Oh, hello!" he shouted at the door before heading over to see it was a courier.

He looked down and felt a twinge in his heart. A Cottonnee, doing its best to get him a dozen eggs. He noticed a lucky and a rainbow egg had managed to sneak their way into the carton, but no matter. It was eggs, and boy was he happy to have more of those. They were running low, and the shipment wasn't planned until tomorrow. Hopefully, ten was enough to cover their bases for the rest of the day.

Custard then came over and started to try and interpret what was being said.

"Uh...? I think I get it," Leo cocked his head, confused. His Togetic knew he didn't really understand proper PokeSpeech.

"It wishes to become your apprentice, how sweet. Seems it's heard of this place, and how famous we are. Besides... I can tell you know this little one. " another voice piqued up, and he looked towards the Gardevoir tending to the Barista machine.

"Thank you Thyme," Leo nodded to his Gardevoir, who returned to the machine. Just a little bit of sass this time, huh...

The man then turned to the Cottonnee, who was brimming with sunshine. It presented a bouquet of flowers, tied together by a red string. A Destiny Knot...Baby's Breaths and a Forget-Me-Not. The taste of Black Forest Cake touched his tongue, and he looked at the Pokemon in shock. He did know this Pokemon... even if he had no true recollection of it. But, in his heart, he knew it.

Rummaging through his pockets, he produced a Sun Stone and offered it in kind to the Pokemon. A stone, much like the sword from four years before, to change the Pokemon's fate. With a little bit of hesitation, the Pokemon flew up and touched the stone. The room shimmered in bright light before the Pokemon looked up at him, forme changed.

"Forest, thank you," he states to the Pokemon. "I know not what may have occurred since we last met for you, but I am sure you know what has happened... So, let's begin a new chapter together, okay?" he smiled, tears in his eyes as he once again held out a Poke Ball. The Whimsicott happily touched it, and after a short minute joined the crew.

"Fate has bound us... Now, we have a long day ahead of us!" he shouted as he wiped his tears away. "Sandy has a new blend for us and he'll be here later! We have a dinner party reservation tonight as well, so let's do our best!" he shouted, sending the Whimsicott out of his Pokeball. He got reassurance from the rest of his staff, and team, on the day's plan.

"And for you, let's start today off by learning how to make a Black Forest Cake, okay?" told the Whimsicott, who gave him a nod in return. Four long years, to make the first dish they made together. The first of many to come.

OOC: Thank you so much Yuki for helping bring this adventure to an end! I really enjoyed it, especially the heartwrenching ending qwq. Claiming all of the items above, and using the Sun Stone to evolve my new Cottonee Forest into a Whimsicott!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #207
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Human, monster, sea, sky... A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Yuki-

With all of this said and done, the duo prays that all within may find happiness. They watch as their daughter soon stirs, and jumps back onto her feet from her father's back. Despite all that has happened to her, she rises looking stronger. Her worth had been proven, and the rest of the family had away. Kanna and Keif watch in awe as a golden glow leaves them, and is absorbed into the Zigzagoon they watched over.

Congradulations! Yuffie has gained 5 levels as a reward for her family's valiant efforts.

Though, the parents quickly try and stop their daughter as she bolts forward, grabbing the box. After all, this must be their reward right? The building begins to crumble as the Claydol begins to revive. Its eyes glow a sharp red as a loud, booming voice fills the entirety of the building.

"INTRUDER ALERT. ALARM SYSTEM ACTIVATED. PREVENT THE INTRUDER'S ESCAPE! ORDERS TO EXPLODE GRANTED. T-MINUS 25 UNTIL EXPLOSION."

The entire family looks at each other in horror as they hear the words. Without thinking, the parents place their daughter onto her father's back once more, and they rush through the entrance to the chamber. They race back through Keith's trial. The Sigilyph rises once more to stop them, only to be crushed by falling brick and knocked out.

"20"

They reach the chamber with the rock once more and watch as the box opens up. The soul flies forth, possessing the chunk of dead coral. Blinking a minute, the now reawakened monk takes the visage of a Galarian Corsola. She looks at the group and begins to speak.

"Thank you, valiant champions. I could feel the forces of evil rising once again, threatening to take over the world. The threat of Primal Dialga, and the demons and angels they have arrived in that wake. Now, please, take your rewards," she states with a smile.

"15"

Kanna has obtained a Bouquet of Purple Roses!

Keif has obtained a Choice Scarf!

Yuffie has obtained a pair of Ghostly Shoes!

"10"

They give the Galarian Corsola a look of worry, while happy they got their items they didn't want to die a horrible death. The Pokemon gives them all a nod and uses her Nature Power to manipulate the surroundings. A small, green Baltoy shimmers as it spins towards its master, a hidden chamber revealed from the move.

"My most faithful servant, you now may achieve eternal rest. Please, send us out of here," she speaks to the Shiny Baltoy, and gets a nod in return.

The group then sees their surroundings shift, and find themselves on the docks of a port city. They see the island out in the distance before a giant explosion happens. Then multiple other explosions. Then the island disappeared beneath the waves, and a giant whale creature jumped out of the water, bringing pouring rain...

---

It had been what felt like years since you had last seen Keif, Kanna, and Yuffie. They were meant to go on vacation to Incognito Island, which has long since been abandoned. Even if your adventuring days have long been over, you had searched high and low for them. At last, you found a lead, receiving news of a group of Linoone, Furret, and Zigzagoon teleporting onto the port of the City of Pentacles. One of them was wearing a "Team Pocket" hat, and you knew they were yours.

You find yourself in a police station, looking at your Pokemon through a cell. With them, floating in the air, was a Galarian Corsola. It looked like the Pokemon was complicit in their actions, and the police force believes they were responsible for the destruction of the Island of Temperance. Though, with no solid evidence, they were free to go. Yet, the ghostly coral seemed to not want to leave their sides.

What do you do?
As the furry duo fervently prayed for deliverance from this place, Kief suddenly felt Yufi rouse from his back, appearing to make a full recovery. A radiance enveloped both of them, before being drawn into their daughter's body, leaving her looking healthier and stronger than ever.

Before they could even react or celebrate though, Yufi's eyes lit up upon spying the prominently positioned box, which surely must be their prize for passing all the trials. As soon as she bounded forward to touch the trophy in triumph though, the walls began to grind and groan, collapsing into dust as Claydol rose again behind them, eyes piercing red. A thunderous voice boomed overhead:

"INTRUDER ALERT. ALARM SYSTEM ACTIVATED. PREVENT THE INTRUDER'S ESCAPE! ORDERS TO EXPLODE GRANTED. T-MINUS 25 UNTIL EXPLOSION."

The trio looked at each other in panic as Kanna snatched Yufi (who managed of course to keep hold of the treasure anyway), hoisting her onto Kief's back again before they took off running for dear life down the winding corridors. The Sigilyph awakened again to try and stop them - but was instantly clobbered by a falling brick, pinning its comatose body to the floor.

As the seconds continued to count down, the group managed to make it back to the chamber where the ghostly rock rested. The box in Yufi's paws shook, abruptly bursting open as the monk's spirit flew out, entering the stone. Fluttering half-lidded eyes open, she spoke with a a gentle smile despite the gloominess of her gaze.

"Thank you, valiant champions. I could feel the forces of evil rising once again, threatening to take over the world. The threat of Primal Dialga, and the demons and angels they have arrived in that wake. Now, please, take your rewards."

Three objects materialized before them: For Kanna a big bouquet of royal orchids, a blue striped scarf for Kief to boost his speed, and a pair of sneaky spectral shoes for Yufi. Again they hadn't much chance to admire the awards as time was almost running out, and the Corsola regarded them with sympathy, recognizing that they did not wish to be trapped here as well haunting for eternity. Summoning the forces of nature to rotate the room around her, an emerald Baltoy emerged from a hidden alcove, bowing before heeding its master's request to transport them all far away from this forsaken fortress...

-

It had been ages since Jess had last seen Kief, Kanna, and Yufi after they departed for their trip to Incognito Isle. What was supposed to be a short, relaxing vacation turned into a weeks-long whirlwind of worry for the woman over her teammates' whereabouts after they mysteriously vanished without a trace. Her last lead was that they had been reported over a "boatnapping" incident, and since then she'd been scouring the surrounding ocean with all her Water and Flying-Types in desperate hopes of spotting the disappeared dinghy - and hopefully her friends still onboard and alive - if not diving beneath the waves as well to search the seafloor for wreckage...

At one point, she was SURFing with Tessie while Haruki kept an eye below the surface - an anxious Minchi by her side as well, concern for her closest companions outweighing her distaste for water - when all of a sudden they heard explosions in the distance. They all stared in awe as an island began to sink into the depths, submerging completely as a giant whale leapt out and soared through the sky amidst a torrent of rain. Like a fleeting trance, a nostalgic scene from a dream she saw once long ago...

After the storm died down and they approached to investigate the area, there was no evidence left of the isle's existence, as if an ethereal mirage all along. Still, something in Jess's gut told her the missing three had been there, and she feared they may have faded along with the fantasy. Upon returning to shore though, it wasn't long before they learned a gang of "troublemakers" had been apprehended under suspicion for destroying the Island of Temperance. Hearing the culprits' descriptions, she realized their identities immediately and raced to the station.

When they arrived, she witnessed a mortified Kanna and unabashed Yufi sitting behind bars (the latter looking considerably less miserable than the former)... and two unfamiliar faces. The Linoone, she swiftly surmised, must be Kief - given the telltale insignia on the cap above his head. As for the other... She appeared almost like a mirror reflection of the Corsola beside her, but body pale as the moon with dark maria patches, and translucent horns and limbs. Somehow Jess felt the eerie entity could easily phase out of the cell if she wanted to, but for some reason chose to stay by the family's side. Glancing down at Haruki, she noticed he seemed spellbound by the supernatural creature's sad but stunning beauty as well, and smirked to herself as she went to post bail for the poor prisoners - all four of them.

As Minchi ran to hug Kanna and congratulate Kief on his development - especially in the love department as Yufi eagerly caught her aunt up on their grand adventure (making sure to include all the mushy details, much to her mom's embarrasment) - Jess turned to see Haruki hesitantly approaching the odd orb out, shuffling nervously. Receiving the possessions that were apparently confiscated from the convicts, Jess paused to consider one item among them; logically guessing who had gathered which as she caught Kanna's eye, who nodded to grant permission.

Minchi quickly detected what was going on as well, her keen romance radar senses activating as she gleamed and grabbed the blossoms without further warning, slyly slipping to Haruki and giving the blue coral an encouraging shove. He stumbled forward, nearly passing through the tenuous presence himself as he awkwardly presented the peace offering (unaware the recipient had gifted the boon of blooms in the first place), practically pressing the flowers against her blank face. Jess chuckled as she retrieved a wraithlike sphere from her pocket to proffer the Pokémon as well.

"I'm not sure where you come from or how you came to be this way... But if you've no one to pick you up and no place else to go, how would you like to come home with us?"

She asked, hopefully holding out 1x Ghost Ball.

OoC - Picking up:

1x Bouquet of Purple Roses Orchids (confirmed per Updater)
1x Choice Scarf
1x Pair of Ghostly Shoes

(Pre-emptively) using 1x Bouquet of Purple Orchids on Galarian Corsola.

Using 1x Pair of Ghostly Shoes on Zigzagoon to teach her PHANTOM STEP, and raising her from Lv. 42 to Lv. 47.

Thank you!

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 06-13-2022 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #208
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Please take me away from here // Is anyone there?

Yuki-

Like a bygone dream, everything had led to this moment. All of that time searching, and the giant whale leading the way... Was that the Kyogre of your dreams? Who knows, especially not you, yet, this was journies end... For you, and for them.

With bouquet and ball in hand, you offer them to the Galarian Corsola. The Pokemon ponders for a second before floating over and booping the ball. It doesn't take long before the ball clicks, and all of this is over. Turns out what was meant to be a family vacation for the rodents ended up expanding your own.

Congratulations! You have caught a Level 20 Female Galarian Corsola with EM Nature Power!

The Pokemon then comes out and gladfully partakes in the flowers she had given to Kanna earlier. Her levels raise by three, and she learns TM Swagger! With that out of the way, you can see looks interested in your little blue Corsola boy. Unbeknownst to you, years of having your soul trap had made her incredibly lonely. Perhaps she and Haruki could go on a little escapade somewhere, such as Kanna and her family did?

Regardless, the police soon try and shuffle you and your Pokemon out. After all, you were free to go and they definitely needed the cell for other... less savory types. Whatever the case may be, this story was at its end, and a new one is surely soon to begin.

---

OOC: Hope you enjoyed this Yuki! Sorry if this felt rushed, I just kinda realized there was not much else to add. But finally, your little boo Corsola and your little blue one together :3

akwillbe-

You ask your Porygon if this planet was their homeworld. The Pokemon buzzes for a second before you get a nod in response. Soon, they are replaced with a stream of binary code as data analysis pops up on the screen. From the looks of it, a rundown of the world you had landed on.

[Planet Name: PokeEarth
Continental Region Name: Fizzytopia
Regional Area: Mystical Realm, formally known as Arcane Realm.
Regional Sub-area: Desert of Stars; Starshard Fields.
Dialect Spoken: Common Modern Unown Dialect
Population Makeup: 40% Human, 40% Pokemon, 20% Sub-species
Alpha Species: Human
Air Quality: 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases; Breathable]

With the data in mind, it was obvious to admit that this place was easily suitable to explore without breathing apparatuses. Though, while you and your ship spent time looking into the local area, you hear a knock on the door. Cameras soon fire up, and you see a humanoid figure standing there and shouting at the doors.

"Hello!? Travelers? May we beseech you?" they shout, and you see a Pokemon at their side... From the looks of it, a Clefairy.

"Ugh, hope this isn't another ship full of Elgyem and Beheeyem. Oh, why did the tribe appoint us as the extraterrestrial communicators?" they then mutter to the star fairy, who just giggles in response.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-14-2022, 03:22 PM   #209
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Stargazer - Aster tries his best to let Breaker’s outburst go unnoticed, but unfortunately for him, it’s not that easy to sneak up on a Ranger—the moment her ears catch wind of Nidoran’s paws barreling through the underbrush, the woman whips around to spot him!

It’s clear from just a moment of watching her reaction that she has experience to spare. The ranger’s arm snaps decisively to her hip, plucking a Great Ball off her belt like a ripe Tamato Berry well before Aster can even ready his. Eyes lock onto the rushing Nidoran, completely unphased by the gleam of his venomous horn barreling towards her, and she immediately takes aim to try and intercept him with the ball!

Thankfully, Aster manages to recall his Pokemon just in time to avoid him crashing against whatever the Ranger was about to send out. In fact, by the way she freezes mid-throw, she seems momentarily caught off-guard by Nidoran’s sudden disappearance—at least until she follows the beam of light back to its source, and notices the child walking towards her. Her smile is disarmingly warm, but her eyes betray just that slightest bit of lingering caution as she listens to Aster introduce herself.

“Oh! It’s nice to meet you, Aster! My name’s Fenri,” the woman replies, visibly easing up after such a tense first impression. Clipping the ball back upon her belt, she looks the Trainer over and chuckles lightheartedly, “anyway, you gave me a bit of a startle, there! Nidoran can be pretty aggressive even after they’ve been caught. I’d suggest you keep his ball in your pocket so he can’t leap out like that again.”

It’s certainly sage advice, but it seems Fenri has completely missed Aster’s offer for assistance, as she continues on after a short beat, “you definitely picked the right place to learn the ropes, kid. Pinewood Park is always teeming with Pokemon, all you gotta do is keep your eyes and ears out—and if you get into trouble, we’ll only be a holler away!”

Something about Fenri’s spiel seems a bit off, though, like she’s fumbling through what should be a pretty easy conversation. What’s more, she seems very insistent on obstructing Aster’s view of the thicket she was just standing in; if his gaze starts drifting to one side, she carefully shifts her weight to follow it.

What will Aster do?
For a moment, Aster feared the absolute worst: Breaker getting pummeled by some gigantic, expertly-trained beast under the Ranger's command. It was only thanks to her veteran reflexes that she manages to refrain herself from going through with the deed, much the boy's relief - and shame - as he recalled the Nidoran at the very last moment.

"I-I'm so sorry! Breaker is... uh, a bit on the difficult side. Or maybe I'm just not cut out for any of... oh, uh, nevermind!" he hastily interrupted himself with a forced laugh.

"Nice to meet you Miss Fenri. I was hoping to be..." he tried to make himself appear useful once again, only to quickly realize his services clearly weren't needed. More strikingly, he felt as though his very presence was for some reason undesirable...

Starshine yawned in his arms and her expression changed in her sleep, features contorting slightly as though she was having a bad dream. Aster had noticed it always happened when his own mood shifted - as if she could sense his emotions and channel them into herself. Right now, he felt embarrassed, useless and, worst of all, a bit of nuisance to Fenri. Clearly those feelings were getting through to Starshine and disrupting her sleep.

"I get the feeling you're, uh... busy. I don't want to sound annoying, but maybe I could help you with something?" he gathered the courage to ask, as he tried to catch a glimpse of whatever it was Fenri was clearly trying to hide. "Anything at all? Even clearing leaves off the path is fine, really..."

Of course he secretly wanted more. It wouldn't make for a very exciting letter to his mother back home otherwise. But how could he improve as a Trainer or Breeder if the adults always felt he was getting in the way?
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:42 AM   #210
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Wobbuffet The Fool. The Madman. The Beggar. Checkmate.

At long last, the final fetters clinging to Minerva's heart break free, and with the words of her love song, she finally sends the Keith Avatar away. One by one, her stalwart defenders bow to her to signify their farewell, and the newly-ordained Sister bows in return, with deep reverence and appreciation for the support and lessons of the Fool, the Star and the High Priestess. The Mega Banette representing her former self fades - Death and Rebirth - leaving only Minerva and her beloved companion, Sister Bia. Her Strength. The bear gives her trainer and fellow Sister a warm and supportive hug, returned with immense gratitude and love, before fading from Minerva's mind - though it was sure that they would meet again soon, upon the awakening of this strange journey.

Having vanquished her foe, Minerva can't help but smirk in dark amusement that a treasure chest containing loot had manifested in her victory. Even in her most tragic, painful and twisted moments, it seemed all those years playing video games had a permanent impact on her psyche after all... Well, she defeated the Final Boss in this encounter called Heartbreak, she reasoned to herself, so she may as well see what she had earned.

Earned... was not the right word. No, this was a gift. A gift, which she had given, returned to her irreversibly altered. Perhaps the final twist of the knife - certainly, that was how it felt to her, at first glance - but also, a reminder that the Past is never truly erased and gone from one's heart. Nor should it be; after all, what would Sister Minerva be without the lessons she had learned from this battle, however painful?

With this rhetorical question ringing in her mind, Sister Minerva awakens before the Statue of her Grace, still kneeling in prayer. Sister Bia - ever the silent, staunch protector - loomed over with concern, but there was something different in her gaze. Something changed. Minerva couldn't tell exactly whether the Bewear Nun had memories of what they had endured, but there was an undeniable difference - a newfound aspect to her Strength. Of course, that was not the only change - by Bia's feet, a little blue ball of joy bounces forward, wiping a tear from Minerva's eye before giving the Sister a playful expression in hopes of making her smile. He gently takes the plushie from Minerva's arms with his ears, before making it do a funny dance and kick the can-can with its plush legs. At this, Minerva can't help but chuckle a bit, embracing both the Fool and the plushie with a tight hug. Bia wraps an arm around Minerva, silently approving of this wacky little companion. No one knew better than Bia how much the former Banette needed some levity and laughter in her life... Though, perhaps there was one other who knew Minerva better than her. It did not escape the Bear's notice that Mr. Nose had "accidentally" arrived in Fizzytopia, "mistakenly" assigned to Minerva's Pokemon roster despite no discernable reason for such a mix-up. Sister Bia kept her own counsel on the matter, but she suspected that this Wynaut and the weird and wonderful Nosepass would be fast friends... for they had likely been sent for the same purpose. The bond between Sisters, after all, is unbreakable.

Speaking of Sisters, Brunetta addresses Sister Minerva with a message of congratulations upon being found worthy of joining their ranks. Joining her is Sister Thandiwe, with a basket that Wynaut happily hops inside with his new plush friend, before the basket is handed to Minerva. Overwhelmed with joy upon her acceptance into the Order, Minerva cannot help but tear up.

"Sister Brunetta, Sister Thandiwe... I thank you both, from the bottom of my heart. I will strive with every ounce of my strength to earn the trust and confidence you have placed in me, and to honor Her Grace in word and deed."

Sister Bia bows her head silently, as if to echo Sister Minerva's words with her silent intentions. Wynaut claps his ears in approval, his goofy smile broadening at this joyful moment. Much to the addition of the warmth and delight growing in their hearts, Ella, too, is given a place among the Sisters - finding a place for her soul to rest, a place of belonging, just as Sister Minerva did. Seeing the parallels in the paths their journeys had taken, it does not surprise Minerva to hear that Ella, too, had seen Helel in her prayers, guided by that same yellow Star. Ella and Minerva embrace, having learned much from one another, before they must go their separate ways - though, in their shared choice to follow Saint Maglynn, they would always walk together.

Sister Minerva places a hand over the Book of Saint Maglynn, nodding with reverence in response to Sister Brunetta's description of the missions she must carry out. Minerva cannot help but think of the Nightwatch, only to be shocked by Sister Brunetta's whisper in her ear, directly referencing the Organization and her freedom from it. How did she -? Well, she would have to process that later. Far too much had happened to her today for her to entertain one more mystery... But there would be time.

Minerva and Bia return the Sisters' bows, taking their leave from the beautiful Cathedral. As Minerva's foot hovers over the first step out of the threshold, she cannot help but think of the Fool - her Fool - the first step into a brand new life, freed of the past, but still informed by it. Looking at the Wynaut in the basket - who had already managed to tangle himself in the prayer beads - Minerva can't help but laugh, setting the basket down to carefully untangle him, while keeping the beads in-tact.

"So, this is the beginning of our Journey..." Minerva says, with a grin. "That's what we'll call you. Journey."

"Wynaut!" Journey responds happily to his new name. Bia nods with a smile.

They had returned to zero, and now, they would begin again.

One.

Two.

Three.

---

OOC: Claiming:

x1 Avatar Chespin Plushie
Lv. 5 Male Wynaut (Nickname: Journey)
x1 Traveling Sister Badge (Denotes you as a member of the Church of Saint Maglynn)
x1 Book of Saint Maglynn
x1 Prayer Beads
x1 Loaf of Sister Thandiwe's Bread (Functions as a Mysterious Gummi.)
x3 Rare Candies
x1 Big Nugget
x1 Silk Scarf

Thank you SO MUCH for this amazing adventure, Lit!!! I had an amazing time, and I loved both the journey and the Journey. I won't stop believing. <3

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:00 PM   #211
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey But, verily, it be the nature of dreams to end...

Quote:
Yuki-

Like a bygone dream, everything had led to this moment. All of that time searching, and the giant whale leading the way... Was that the Kyogre of your dreams? Who knows, especially not you, yet, this was journies end... For you, and for them.

With bouquet and ball in hand, you offer them to the Galarian Corsola. The Pokemon ponders for a second before floating over and booping the ball. It doesn't take long before the ball clicks, and all of this is over. Turns out what was meant to be a family vacation for the rodents ended up expanding your own.

Congratulations! You have caught a Level 20 Female Galarian Corsola with EM Nature Power!

The Pokemon then comes out and gladfully partakes in the flowers she had given to Kanna earlier. Her levels raise by three, and she learns TM Swagger! With that out of the way, you can see looks interested in your little blue Corsola boy. Unbeknownst to you, years of having your soul trap had made her incredibly lonely. Perhaps she and Haruki could go on a little escapade somewhere, such as Kanna and her family did?

Regardless, the police soon try and shuffle you and your Pokemon out. After all, you were free to go and they definitely needed the cell for other... less savory types. Whatever the case may be, this story was at its end, and a new one is surely soon to begin.

---

OOC: Hope you enjoyed this Yuki! Sorry if this felt rushed, I just kinda realized there was not much else to add. But finally, your little boo Corsola and your little blue one together :3
The spectral stranger hesitated, before hovering over to the orb and obliging the button. Her soul was swiftly sucked inside, but this time immediately released of her own accord. No longer contained to a "prison", but a "home" - free to come and go as she pleased. As the ghost gratefully accepted the offered orchids as well, a gentle smile graced her face, and even her eternally empty eyes seemed to shine with warmth. She extended a cloud-like limb to Haruki, who eagerly took it despite its incorporeality, his own horns turning a surprising shade of pink similar to his regular coral counterpart. Kief and Kanna likewise cuddled closely, glad to finally be able to go home and enjoy some quality time together after such a harrowing escapade.

Jess and Minchi beamed as they watched the two new couples bond (though the latter seemed to lament a little bit over her own disappointing lack of love life, something Jess herself certainly wasn't jealous of, but could understand the furball's frustration). Yufi meanwhile simultaneously grinned and groaned over the sappy scene of her Papa and Mama flirting again, more keen to go on another treasure-hunting Adventure right away. Their trainer figured they could all use a rest though, and besides her pocket funds were a bit low after busting them all out of the slammer to be able to sponsor a second trip so soon. Speaking of which...

"By the way... What did happen to the boat you guys took?"

Kief and Kanna winced as Yufi gleefully mimed a capsizing motion, and Jess sighed, mentally calculating how much more money she'd likely have to withdraw from her wallet to provide reparations to the poor textile trade shippers, now definitely down a ship to transport their goods - especially after patiently waiting to collect compensation in hopes it could still be recovered. (If only she could negotiate a candy reimbursement rather than cash; for while her personal sweet stores were overflowing, her bank account's financial situation was nowhere near as robust.) Perhaps they could all take another family vacation as a group someday, but for now they might just have to pay a visit to the Fizzytopian Bureau of Employment instead...

OoC - Picking up Kasuri the Lv. 23 Galarian Corsola with EM NATURE POWER & TM SWAGGER, and declaring her Ability as Cursed Body.

Thank you for the Adventure, Lilt! It's been a fun ride indeed~
Old 06-26-2022, 09:43 PM   #212
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Stargazer - “Clearing leaves? You sure you want to sign up for doing that with your bare hands, kid?” Fenri questions. Her tone may seem mocking at first glance, but the way her brow furrows upon hearing the child’s offer shows more concern than anything.

After a moment of deliberating, the Ranger sighs in resignation. Perhaps she came to the conclusion that it would just be easier to let Aster tag along, than try to persuade him otherwise, “alright, I guess there’s no harm in having some extra hands,” she concedes, smirking faintly, “if you wanna be a serious Trainer, stick close to me and watch. I’ll show you how it’s done in our neck of the woods.”

With the mood lightened a bit, Fenri steps out of his way, letting him see the scene she had been keeping out of view before. At first, the brush doesn’t seem too unusual, but the closer Aster looks, the more he realizes there’s something hidden underneath a pile of dead leaves: A Pokemon trap that’s already been sprung—having snagged tufts of orange fur in their blunted jaws.

“Unfortunately, there’s been a rash of poachings happening lately. We’re pretty sure it’s an organized group—probably out here to snatch up wild Pokemon for underground ‘taming’ shows. Tch, disgusts me just to think about,” she says, punctuating her disdain as she spits into the pile of leaves.

“Whatever got caught in this one, though, it managed to escape before they could check the trap. Here, look at the ground by that tree—” she explains, pointing at the spot with her finger. Following her directions, Aster notices a set of paw prints in the dirt. It’s going away from the trap, alright, but it’s rather plain to see that the creature that made them was limping...

“If that poor thing is injured, then it’s going to be easy pickings for both the poachers and predators. I refuse to let that happen, so I’m going to find that Pokemon, and I’m going to make sure it’s safe!” she states. The resolve is clear in her eyes, and it’s scarcely hard to guess the question that’s about to leave her lips when she turns to Aster and holds out her hand.

“You in?”
Old 06-27-2022, 04:20 AM   #213
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Stargazer - “Clearing leaves? You sure you want to sign up for doing that with your bare hands, kid?” Fenri questions. Her tone may seem mocking at first glance, but the way her brow furrows upon hearing the child’s offer shows more concern than anything.

After a moment of deliberating, the Ranger sighs in resignation. Perhaps she came to the conclusion that it would just be easier to let Aster tag along, than try to persuade him otherwise, “alright, I guess there’s no harm in having some extra hands,” she concedes, smirking faintly, “if you wanna be a serious Trainer, stick close to me and watch. I’ll show you how it’s done in our neck of the woods.”

With the mood lightened a bit, Fenri steps out of his way, letting him see the scene she had been keeping out of view before. At first, the brush doesn’t seem too unusual, but the closer Aster looks, the more he realizes there’s something hidden underneath a pile of dead leaves: A Pokemon trap that’s already been sprung—having snagged tufts of orange fur in their blunted jaws.

“Unfortunately, there’s been a rash of poachings happening lately. We’re pretty sure it’s an organized group—probably out here to snatch up wild Pokemon for underground ‘taming’ shows. Tch, disgusts me just to think about,” she says, punctuating her disdain as she spits into the pile of leaves.

“Whatever got caught in this one, though, it managed to escape before they could check the trap. Here, look at the ground by that tree—” she explains, pointing at the spot with her finger. Following her directions, Aster notices a set of paw prints in the dirt. It’s going away from the trap, alright, but it’s rather plain to see that the creature that made them was limping...

“If that poor thing is injured, then it’s going to be easy pickings for both the poachers and predators. I refuse to let that happen, so I’m going to find that Pokemon, and I’m going to make sure it’s safe!” she states. The resolve is clear in her eyes, and it’s scarcely hard to guess the question that’s about to leave her lips when she turns to Aster and holds out her hand.

“You in?”
It took some effort, but before long, Fenri seemed willing to open up a little – and, more importantly, to allow him to tag along. Could this really be it, his very first adventure?!

He listened intently, but the more he did, the more apprehensive he felt. Poachers? Underground taming shows?

Do those things really exist in the real world? This sounds like something straight out of a “Head Honchkrows” episode…

His mind went back to the crime dramas his mother used to watch on TV. But in those, there was always a detective of sorts to crack the case in the end, alongside his loyal companion Pokemon who would always overpower the struggling villain after the big reveal. But Aster? All he had were a newborn Togepi and a savage Nidoran.

Aster’s eyes followed the paw print trail. And he remembered that this wasn’t about him, it was about whatever Pokemon was fighting for its life out there, alone and scared and injured. Because if things took a wrong turn, Aster could fall back on Fenri and her expertise. This was an adventure for him. For that wild Pokemon, it was just survival…

Starshine yawned and finally woke up, perhaps roused out of her slumber by the sudden surge of determination wellling up inside Aster. In his belt, Breaker’s PokeBall seemed to shake a couple of times, but mercifully he did not break free a second time. And just as he was about to speak up, another one of those strange shivers ran down his spine, seemingly washing away all lingering doubt within him and replacing it with a most uncharacteristic burst of excitement. When he finally answered, it was almost as if he wasn’t the one speaking. Maybe it wasn't?...

"I can do this. I won't let you down!”
Old 06-30-2022, 05:41 PM   #214
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Stargazer - Thrust into the midst of a search and rescue operation, Aster finds himself brimming with newfound confidence, but just how much of that is him, and how much of that is something else...?

Fenri certainly notices his sudden resolve, though its strangeness never occurs to her. She grins and nods encouragingly, responding to his gusto with some of her own, “that’s the spirit! If you put your whole heart into it, you’re already taking a big step to becoming a fully-fledged Trainer!”

“Alright, let’s go. The sooner we catch up, the better,” the Ranger concludes, returning to her previous demeanor—they’re still fighting the clock, after all. Confident that Aster will do his best to keep up, she starts following the tracks the escaped Pokemon left in its wake.

Upon leaving the well-groomed trails behind, the forest reveals its true colors to him. Pine trees are tall and narrow, their branches not straying far from the trunk. This results in the forest feeling strangely... open, with sightlines extending for dozens of yards, and bright blue skies dominating what would normally be a shaded canopy above. Even with an abundance of sunlight, the understory is noticeably spare, with little but scrubs and small, hardy flowers growing out of the hilly terrain.

All the while, Fenri explains some of the basics of tracking, namely that footprints aren’t the only thing to keep a lookout for—snapped branches and disturbed plants, tufts of fur caught on brambles, even something as crude as droppings are crucial clues to keeping hot on a Pokemon’s tail. Most important of all, however, is determining where your quarry is going—figure that out, and you can maneuver to get ahead of them, and cut them off at their destination!

“By the way... Aster, right?” Fenri asks, glancing over her shoulder after a brief period of silence, “why do you want to become a Trainer, Aster? This ain’t a test or anything, I just like hearing people’s reasons for making the journey. We’re a pretty diverse bunch, after all.”

How will Aster respond?

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 06-30-2022 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:51 AM   #215
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Aiden calls upon Tase the Joltik to climb the stationary Lunatone, with the order to use a Spider Web to catch the falling object before it lands. The little electric bug complies readily, skittering up the smooth rock with relative ease. Positioning himself at the very top of the Lunatone's crescent, Tase weaves his web, preparing to carry out the task given to him.

You think yourself capable of catching a falling star?

The telepathic voice which echoes in the minds of Aiden, Hint and Tase is monotone, emotionless - yet somehow, the question evokes a feeling of curiosity. As the falling object hurtles towards Tase's web, the Lunatone beneath Tase begins to stir slightly.

Very well. Let this moment decide our fates, the voice concludes, as the Lunatone's eyes fly open, red and iridescent with power. The base upon which it sits shimmers a moment, before light surges through the ground, illuminating constellations where once there was smooth, black rock. The Cosmic Power Lunatone wields also envelops Tase and his web, and suddenly, the tiny arachnid begins to perceive his handiwork as being part of a greater weave - the strings of fate - the grand designs of the universe. The web, for a brief moment, seems to stretch in all directions, infinite in its size and its power.

It is at this very moment that the "falling star" the voice refers to crashes into Tase's web. By all rights, the force should shred the web like paper, but alight with Lunatone's cosmic glow and interstellar influence, the web holds, and the object becomes tangled within its threads. Lunatone's glowing eyes flicker, then fade, and the moon-shaped Pokémon's manifested constellations darken. Its eyes shut once again, as it returns to a motionless slumber.

Unfortunately for Aiden and his team, this leaves them without Lunatone's assistance as they confront the object tangled within Tase's web - no mere object at all, but a living Minior, which seems to be angrily struggling against its bonds. Based on its body language, and the way it seems to be attempting to lunge at Tase, the moment this little meteorite breaks free, it will attack...

What will Aiden, Hint and Tase do?
The only reason Aiden managed to keep track of Tase once he was climbing across the Lunatone was because the Joltik was a moving, bright yellow spot on a beige background. The tiny Pokémon set up at the peak of the Lunatone and started weaving a Spider Web from up there.

Which, of course, is when a telepathic voice startled all three of them.

You think yourself capable of catching a falling star? Tase squeaked as the Lunatone stirred. Very well. Let this moment decide our fates. Its eyes flew open, glowing red as it harnessed some Cosmic Power that swept over both itself and Tase.

"Oh, wow..." Tase's eyes widened as he looked over his web, the strands spinning out into something greater than he would have thought...if he'd ever given it that kind of thought.

Meanwhile, Aiden about had a heart attack when the Lunatone moved, taking a reflexive step forward to rescue Tase, only to stop himself.

"I thought you said it wouldn't wake up," he hissed at Hint instead as the Lunatone's eyes flew open and Tase got caught up in whatever that light did.

"I said I doubt it, not that it wouldn't," Hint shot back. "It's a Rock; I figured it wouldn't feel Tase at all, considering." There was a pause where a gesture would go if Hint had something resembling human arms. "I just forgot it was part Psychic, as well."

Anything Aiden would have followed up with abruptly dropped out of mind as the thing casting the shadow crashed into Tase's Web, bouncing in place as the Web helped it shed momentum. The glow surrounding Tase, the Lunatone, and Tase's Spider Web slowly faded away as the object slowed to a stop, the Lunatone closing its eyes once more.

Motion in Tase's Web had Aiden glancing back up at the object Tase had caught and he peered at the thing currently struggling in the Web.

"...what is that?" he wondered as Tase skittered back from a lunge. Tase turned to them and...possibly yelled something?

"Oh, look," Hint deadpanned quietly. "It's another Rock."

"What?"

"It's a Minior. An angry Minior," Hint corrected when it lunged for Tase again. Tase, thankfully, skittered out of range. "It's Rock and Flying, so we can go with Electric, Ice, or Steel."

Tase waved his foremost pair of limbs at them, but Aiden still couldn't hear anything.

"He's too far for you to hear, probably," Hint pointed out, sounding distracted. "He wants to know what he should do. I'm telling him to Thunder Wave it, so it'll hopefully stay in the Web for now, but if it breaks free, he should tie it up with an Electroweb and throw out a Shock Wave before retreating back to us."

"Uh, sounds good to me?" Aiden offered, eyeing the Spider Web. How long could it last anyway?
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:46 PM   #216
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Stargazer - Thrust into the midst of a search and rescue operation, Aster finds himself brimming with newfound confidence, but just how much of that is him, and how much of that is something else...?

Fenri certainly notices his sudden resolve, though its strangeness never occurs to her. She grins and nods encouragingly, responding to his gusto with some of her own, “that’s the spirit! If you put your whole heart into it, you’re already taking a big step to becoming a fully-fledged Trainer!”

“Alright, let’s go. The sooner we catch up, the better,” the Ranger concludes, returning to her previous demeanor—they’re still fighting the clock, after all. Confident that Aster will do his best to keep up, she starts following the tracks the escaped Pokemon left in its wake.

Upon leaving the well-groomed trails behind, the forest reveals its true colors to him. Pine trees are tall and narrow, their branches not straying far from the trunk. This results in the forest feeling strangely... open, with sightlines extending for dozens of yards, and bright blue skies dominating what would normally be a shaded canopy above. Even with an abundance of sunlight, the understory is noticeably spare, with little but scrubs and small, hardy flowers growing out of the hilly terrain.

All the while, Fenri explains some of the basics of tracking, namely that footprints aren’t the only thing to keep a lookout for—snapped branches and disturbed plants, tufts of fur caught on brambles, even something as crude as droppings are crucial clues to keeping hot on a Pokemon’s tail. Most important of all, however, is determining where your quarry is going—figure that out, and you can maneuver to get ahead of them, and cut them off at their destination!

“By the way... Aster, right?” Fenri asks, glancing over her shoulder after a brief period of silence, “why do you want to become a Trainer, Aster? This ain’t a test or anything, I just like hearing people’s reasons for making the journey. We’re a pretty diverse bunch, after all.”

How will Aster respond?
He seemed to have been luckier than he’d anticipated - despite her initial wariness, Fenri was proving to be surprisingly pleasant and helpful company. Aster tried his best to commit her barrage of teachings to memory, even if he felt no particular inclination to ever become a Ranger himself. Odds were, he would need those skills in the future regardless of where his journeys led him.

This place feels so… strangely empty, though…

He expected to find himself surrounded by trees, foliage obstructing the sky and blocking out the sun itself, but instead, the woods felt much larger and open than he’d anticipated. Less of a chance a predator would sneak up on them… right?...

Luckily, Fenri seemed to sense his growing apprehension, engaging in small talk much more pleasant than his own brewing fears.

“W-well… if I’m bein’ totally honest, I’m kinda… not looking to become a Trainer. My mom was a super famous Pokémon Breeder, and from what she tells me, my grandfather was even better. And that tradition goes back even further in my family. So I… guess that’s what I’m supposed to be too? She’d be proud if I made it, I think. Not much of a point in being anything else either, since… well…”

Why was he opening up like this all of a sudden?

“… since I’m basically scared of Pokemon.”

He cleared his throat and realized he was blushing.

"... aaaanyway, you uh, spot any leads?"
Old 07-28-2022, 07:37 PM   #217
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Head floats out the door.

myahoo - Though Tase is thankfully out of range of the angry rock's lunging, there was no telling how long the Minior would stay bound. Realizing Tase's type advantage, Hint takes the initiative to instruct the Joltik on his battle orders. Tase may not have the advantage in size, of course, but without a heavy shell encasing him or a tangled web to tie him down, he far outpaces his heavier opponent. With a Thunder Wave to further immobilize the aggressive star, the hope is to set up a hasty retreat for the Joltik, but despite these impediments, Minior unleashes a Swift attack to free itself - while it doesn't earn its freedom from the web's threads with the spray of stars, it manages to cut enough of them to increase its range of movement somewhat. Inspired and motivated by this bit of progress, with a vicious tug, it breaks completely free of the web with Take Down, smashing into Tase in the process. With a squeak of pain, the bug responds with an Electroweb to re-bind his foe, followed quickly by a Shock Wave.

Before Tase can safely retreat, the Minior unleashes a Confuse Ray, which leaves the unfortunate mite looking a mite dazed. Wobbling on his little legs, Tase has clearly taken the brunt of the ray, but as Minior shivers with the effects of paralysis, the fallen star is incapable of pressing the advantage... For the moment, anyhow.

Lunatone remains completely motionless - one would think it a statue had it not moved mere moments before. No other signs of life stir from the village, despite the commotion - were they alone here?

What will Aiden, Hint and Tase do?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #218
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Zelphon: Whispering Bog

Struck by the combo of the Metal Sound copied by Naula and then the Hidden Power Fighting from R.E.S.C.U.E, the Pawniard stumbled backward and fell to the ground seemingly dazed but not quite out of the fight yet it seemed.

The old knight seemed a bit impressed for but a fleeting second as you could see a spark within his eyes before he seemingly snuffed it out and nodded. "So you can hold yer own in a fight, but a babe can do better than what you pulled, honestly you wee Whelp." he spat this out before his doublade decided to go on the offensive as well. Slashing at Naula with slashes that seemed to come from night itself. Whilst Pawniard jumped into the fray, attacking Naula with an Assured strike, inflicting more damage upon Naula thanks to its partner doublade attacking first.

It seemed however that this was still but a test because whilst it was still a difficult corner you were backed into, you couldn't help but think that there was something the knight was trying to pull with you, but you could not figure out what this was, nor what it had to do within the battle.

Something this knight wanted wretched out of you... with what little information you had upon your opponent there wasn't much you could think up of that would aid you within this situation other than the fact that he became extremely startled and borderline volatile when brushed by Naula. Hmmm

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:39 PM   #219
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
THE MYSTICAL REALM

The Desert of Cups

Starshard Field: North of the Oasis the environment becomes arid as the sand turns from its pearl white to pink. Pure, concentrated stardust, this place commonly is the sight of meteor impacts and star storms. Various Pokemon with ties to the stars make their home here, as well as a tribe of nomadic astrologians who observe the cycle of stars. This is the place for those who love the stars or want an otherworldly sort of adventure.

Bobert and his crew find themselves windsurfing in the desert for fun and general sightseeing. as a much-needed getaway from his family farm and the debacle that was his first adventure. as he goes along eventually the sands begin to change in hue gradually getting pinker and pinker until it is like he is surfing on a sea of rose quartz dust. With him, he decided to bring a full team of six for bonding and training: Lumina the Pumpkasaur, Ovata the Marractus, Ulin the Gurdurr, Euthanasia the Duskull, Phoenix the Impadimp, Marble the Dweeble.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:11 PM   #220
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Nowhere to go

Jaho-

Setting out once again, you have decided to head to the Mystical Realm this time. This, surely, would be a lot safer of a place for you compared to the horrors you had experienced on the Phantom Isle. After all, this place wasn't exactly known for its hauntings of the supernatural kind. No, all the Starshield Field had was extraterrestrial sightings.

Still, the pink sands and clear skies were inviting. There were countless possibilities here to get your team trained up. After all, you had a full team of six here, all needing some love and training! You were sure your hard hitters could easily watch the farm while you were out training, anyways.

As you see the Oasis get further and further behind you, you notice something... rolling towards you on the horizon. Then that one thing turned to two, then four, and soon it was a whole stampede! White, fluffy balls all bleating, with the faint sound of shouting coming from behind it.

"...COME BACK HERE I SWEAR TO THE STARS ABOVE WE ALL WILL FACE DIVINE WRATH!" you finally hear, and see a boy around your age waving around a shepherd's crook.

The rolling wave of white soon all skid to a halt on seeing you, and bounce into a giant pile of sheep. It was at this point you easily could see what they all were. Wooloo! Wooloo of all different shapes and sizes!

The boy then comes to a halt himself and starts to breathe heavily. Seems he was chasing this flock of Wooloo for a while at the very least. He starts to berate both himself and his sheep, before noticing you standing there.

"Oh, sorry. They got out of their pin again... and this time it was set up on top of a hill," he heavily breathes. "I don't want to be a bother but, you think you could help me get these home?"

How do you respond?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 08-10-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #221
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jaho-

Setting out once again, you have decided to head to the Mystical Realm this time. This, surely, would be a lot safer of a place for you compared to the horrors you had experienced on the Phantom Isle. After all, this place wasn't exactly known for its hauntings of the supernatural kind. No, all the Starshield Field had was extraterrestrial sightings.

Still, the pink sands and clear skies were inviting. There were countless possibilities here to get your team trained up. After all, you had a full team of six here, all needing some love and training! You were sure your hard hitters could easily watch the farm while you were out training, anyways.

As you see the Oasis get further and further behind you, you notice something... rolling towards you on the horizon. Then that one thing turned to two, then four, and soon it was a whole stampede! White, fluffy balls all bleating, with the faint sound of shouting coming from behind it.

"...COME BACK HERE I SWEAR TO THE STARS ABOVE WE ALL WILL FACE DIVINE WRATH!" you finally hear, and see a boy around your age waving around a shepherd's crook.

The rolling wave of white soon all skid to a halt on seeing you, and bounce into a giant pile of sheep. It was at this point you easily could see what they all were. Wooloo! Wooloo of all different shapes and sizes!

The boy then comes to a halt himself and starts to breathe heavily. Seems he was chasing this flock of Wooloo for a while at the very least. He starts to berate both himself and his sheep, before noticing you standing there.

"Oh, sorry. They got out of their pin again... and this time it was set up on top of a hill," he heavily breathes. "I don't want to be a bother but, you think you could help me get these home?"

How do you respond?

Bobert greets the Sheperd out in the desert warmly. "I don't mind trying to help out. Though I don't have many options available." The young man thinks for a moment and asks "how much time do we have to do this task?
I have one sure-fire way to get them over there but it would take a while. That being we put the lot to sleep and roll them over to where we're going with Tail Wind. The other option is more exhausting. Making a long net with a string shot and using some of my more agile allies to run side interference."
Old 08-11-2022, 08:11 PM   #222
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Stargazer - “That so?” Fenri asks—well, really she’s just acknowledging that she’s heard what the boy has to say. As he’s been learning from her lessons, tracking requires focus... and right now she seems like she needs all of it to find this injured little critter, before they do.

Falling silent again, the duo continues onwards for a while longer, filling the ambience of the forest with their hurried footsteps. Pawprints in the dirt, claw marks on bark, tufts of orange fur stuck on brambles—though the signs often spread far apart, they confirm that the Ranger and her aid are still on the right track.

Suddenly, Fenri comes to a halt, her arm outstretched to ensure Aster went no farther. Looking out past her, he can see that the path continues downhill for several meters, before finally terminating at the entrance to a dirt cave. It’s sunken into the forest floor like a pit, suggesting the remnants of a burrow or some other Pokemon den, before it had been carved out further by the elements.

“Look there. The tracks go inside that cave,” she notes, pointing out the fur scattered around the entrance to the den. It’s clear even from this distance that it would be a tight squeeze for her, and so she turns around and crouches down in front of Aster, hand resting on the coil of rope at her hip.

“Alright, I have a favor to ask you, Aster,” the Ranger says, “normally, I’d send one of my Pokemon in during a situation like this, but with the fella injured, it’ll be difficult to retrieve ‘em safely without being able to give first aid or use Pokeballs.”

Slowly, Fenri unfurls the rope and hands one end to Aster, along with 2 Potions. The intention is clear in her eyes—this is the boy’s lifeline, and he’s about to go spelunking.

“Don’t worry. It’s pretty gentle in there, and not too deep. This is just a safety precaution,” she explains, showing him how to fasten it around his body properly. There’s a small moment of silence, and remembering the conversation from earlier, Fenri smiles and gently closes his hands around the rope.

“I know you said you’re scared of Pokemon. Most people are, really. Pokemon are powerful creatures—and it’s okay to feel afraid of that—but Pokemon can also be beautiful, and peaceful, like that little ball of sunshine you got in your arms. You just gotta be willing to take the chance to find out.”

Standing up again, she looks at the cave entrance from afar, before going back to Aster. Her hand is on her Pokeball, a clear sign that she’s still willing to rely on her Pokemon as a backup, should the boy decline.

“It’s your choice, Aster... Can you do this for me?”

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 08-14-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:07 PM   #223
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick ...The plans we made for two

Jaho-

The shepherd boy looks at you for a second, with a look that can only be described as awe. The machinations of a trainer's mind were far more than a herder's, and it showed. Though, you could also tell he had some issues with it. So, he cleared his throat and used his crook to point to the environment around him.

"We have until sunset, judging from the sun's movements today... we have seven hours. As for your ideas, the Tailwind won't do much more than speed us up and kick up the sands. While this is a much more arid part of the desert, we still need to be wary of the small layer of stardust above the hard hearth," the boy explains.

It seems odd at first, but then you remember this area is home to a nomadic tribe of astrologers. With some of the clearest skies in all of Fizzytopia, this is an excellent place to create both chronographs and astrographs of the stars. Seems this boy is part of the tribe's cloth family but still has learned of the stars above.

"So, I say the string shot net would work. Bug-type silk is very sturdy and stable, but ill-suited for clothing. Besides the likes of Silcoon, but the environment here is too harsh for them. That aside, we luckily have two sturdy rock formations near us. If we work together, we can create a sort of catapult to get these worn-out Wooloos up the slope. Oh, right, forgive me. You can call me Jeritza," he finally introduces himself, in agreement with your other idea.

Well, it was time to have your team work together on this and get this small flock of wooly sheep up the slope!

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-14-2022, 01:26 PM   #224
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Zelphon: Whispering Bog

Struck by the combo of the Metal Sound copied by Naula and then the Hidden Power Fighting from R.E.S.C.U.E, the Pawniard stumbled backward and fell to the ground seemingly dazed but not quite out of the fight yet it seemed.

The old knight seemed a bit impressed for but a fleeting second as you could see a spark within his eyes before he seemingly snuffed it out and nodded. "So you can hold yer own in a fight, but a babe can do better than what you pulled, honestly you wee Whelp." he spat this out before his doublade decided to go on the offensive as well. Slashing at Naula with slashes that seemed to come from night itself. Whilst Pawniard jumped into the fray, attacking Naula with an Assured strike, inflicting more damage upon Naula thanks to its partner doublade attacking first.

It seemed however that this was still but a test because whilst it was still a difficult corner you were backed into, you couldn't help but think that there was something the knight was trying to pull with you, but you could not figure out what this was, nor what it had to do within the battle.

Something this knight wanted wretched out of you... with what little information you had upon your opponent there wasn't much you could think up of that would aid you within this situation other than the fact that he became extremely startled and borderline volatile when brushed by Naula. Hmmm
Noticing the continued focus and hostility towards Naula her trainer begins thinking of what might be done to alleviate the pain and pressure she's currently experiencing.

Furthermore, Rylie begins to question in his mind the aims of the knight who stood before him and his team, just why was he so focused on Naula? What exactly does he want out of this fight?

Shaking his head Rylie once again turns his attention to the unfolding battle and resumes giving out his orders, "Naula retreat and heal yourself with Soft-Boil! R.E.S.C.U.E form a defensive formation around Naula and raise your shields to Protect in her sted!

"Hopefully that should buy her enough time to recover, but playing on the backfoot like this won't get us far in the long run..."

Shouting out to the opposing trainer Rylie says "Honestly thought that last one would have done the trick, I can see you and your pokemon must have shared many battles together"

"But your eyes give you away, what more than victory are you after with this fight?"

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #225
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jaho-

The shepherd boy looks at you for a second, with a look that can only be described as awe. The machinations of a trainer's mind were far more than a herder's, and it showed. Though, you could also tell he had some issues with it. So, he cleared his throat and used his crook to point to the environment around him.

"We have until sunset, judging from the sun's movements today... we have seven hours. As for your ideas, the Tailwind won't do much more than speed us up and kick up the sands. While this is a much more arid part of the desert, we still need to be wary of the small layer of stardust above the hard hearth," the boy explains.

It seems odd at first, but then you remember this area is home to a nomadic tribe of astrologers. With some of the clearest skies in all of Fizzytopia, this is an excellent place to create both chronographs and astrographs of the stars. Seems this boy is part of the tribe's cloth family but still has learned of the stars above.

"So, I say the string shot net would work. Bug-type silk is very sturdy and stable, but ill-suited for clothing. Besides the likes of Silcoon, but the environment here is too harsh for them. That aside, we luckily have two sturdy rock formations near us. If we work together, we can create a sort of catapult to get these worn-out Wooloos up the slope. Oh, right, forgive me. You can call me Jeritza," he finally introduces himself, in agreement with your other idea.

Well, it was time to have your team work together on this and get this small flock of wooly sheep up the slope!

What do you do?

"Nice to meet you Jeritza, I'm Bobert. While I'm not sure about a catapult I think we can manage a slingshot of sorts." Bobert calls out Lumina, Ovata, and Ulin and get's to work. He has lumina create an enforced net not with string shot between the two points with String Shot and use Sleep Powder to pot the fluffballs to sleep. He also has Ovata use a Cotton spore in the middle of the net to prevent any sticking and Ingrain at a safe distance opposite the destination so he can release the net when it is brought back and loaded. Lastly, he has Ulin go up to the top of the hill to act as a goalie using Bulk-up, and teleport to run interference and a future sight to predict wooloo's movements. To load the wooloo Bobert intends to roll the wooloo and pull the net back to Ovata and have Lumina and Jeritza help as well with lumina using vine whip to help move things and repair any damage with string shot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles