UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur

I'll probably post some art here at one point.

Last edited by PikaGod; 04-19-2015 at 08:00 PM.
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:54 AM   #2
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Lana comes to FB

A young girl stood in front of a giant treehouse. She was impressed, it was definitely bigger than the ones she used to hang around when she was but a wee tot. She knocked on the door and waited. She only had to wait for a couple of seconds before the wooden door opened, a Shiftry standing in the door way, its eyebrow arched. Lana figured pretty quickly that the Shiftry could only have been Zoran, her cousin’s starter.

“Uh, hi there,” she said, rubbing the back of her head. “I’m Karmas’ cousin Lana, he should be expecting me.”

Zoran nodded his head and stepped aside, letting Lana in through the door. Nearly instantly, she was mobbed by pokemon, only just narrowly avoiding getting her head crushed by a hug happy Carnivine. She made a quick memo to herself to keep far away from Karmas’ Carnivine.

“Guys, settle down.”

The pokemon mobbing her pulled away, except for the Tropius nuzzling himself against her head.

“Banane, you too,” said a young man, walking through the pokemon.

The Tropius whined, the whine sounding like it should have come from the Herdier standing off to the side rather than a Tropius, and moved away from Lana. It had been years since Lana had seen her cousin, and it showed. He was still husky like she remembered him being, he’d lost a little bit of weight over the years, but he had also put on some muscle. That plus the trimmed beard he was now sporting, Lana thought her cousin looked like he had decided to become a lumberjack.

“Lana, it’s been so long!” exclaimed Karmas, pulling her into a bearhug.

Immediately Lana’s nose was assaulted by the very pungent smell of a very fruity cologne. So he had decided to become a super gay lumberjack.

“My you’ve changed over the years,” he said, finally letting go of her.

“I haven’t changed that much,” she said with a laugh.

Lana rubbed her head, the hair incredibly short after having been recently buzzed. She also had an assortment of piercings on her face, two in her nose, three in one ear, two in the other, one underneath her lip and two in her left eyebrow. She’d also had a bit of a growth spurt over the past couple of years, standing at least a head over her stockier cousin.

“I still remember when you were shorter than I am,” said Karmas, “And you’re one goal in life was to become the prettiest princess in all of the land.”

Lana felt her cheeks blush, she’d hoped that he had forgotten about that particular… ‘phase’ of her life. Once upon a time, she had bought into the societal message that as a girl she should focus all her attention on how she looked and finding her prince.

“Well, some things might have changed,” she admitted, reluctantly. “But I’m still the same old me.”

“Then it’s great to see you new old Lana,” said Karmas, smiling. “I should probably introduce you to everyone, just to get it all out of the way.”

He motioned to each of his pokemon, saying their name with each motion. “That’s Zoran, Banane, Dot, Claptrap, Erra, Acorn, Eddie, Eric, Gina, Narcissus and Beau. Guys, this is Lana, my cousin.”

The moment Karmas finished introducing Lana to the pokemon, most of them went on their way, the excitement of a new person already having worn off. Only Zoran, Banane (who was already rubbing his head against Lana’s again) and Acorn remained. The five of them made their way into the kitchen, taking a seat at the table there, except for Banane who just stood in the doorway.

“So you’re looking to start your own adventure?” asked Karmas, “Any particular reason you waited so long?”

“I was planning on starting way back when, actually not long after you started your adventure and Aunt Kath would send us updates on what was going on, but… things happened and I couldn’t go. It wasn’t till recently that I was able to actually get away and actually start my adventure,” replied Lana. “And really do have to thank you Karmas, you know, for giving me a place to stay while I get started. I’m sure that I won’t be too much of a leech before I can figure out my own housing arrangement.”

Karmas laughed. “It’s no problem for you to stay here as long as you like,” he said. “There’s plenty of space for you here, feel free to stay here with your pokemon. Speaking of pokemon, do you have your starter yet?”

Lana let out a nervous laugh, “Uh, well funny story about that. I… don’t have any pokemon yet.” Karmas raised an eyebrow. “Seriously, I don’t. I just wasn’t in a situation where I could really get one.”

Karmas furrowed his brow, but he didn’t push the issue. “Well good thing, I’m prepared. Zoran,” he turned to his Shiftry, “Could you please go and get the others.”

Zoran nodded, standing up and flapping his leaf arms. An incredibly confused Lana sat there and watched for about a minute, waiting for something to happen. Then two pokemon walked into the kitchen, a Spritzee and a Starmie. Smiling, Karmas turned and looked at Lana.

“Lana, I want you to meet your new pokemon,” he said, “This is Spritzel,” he motioned towards the Spritzee, “And the Starmie is Seer. I’m giving Spritzel to you as your starter, and Seer, well you need someone strong with you, just in case. Trust me on that, some of the adventures I’ve been on were… well they were difficult.”

Lana didn’t know what to say, Karmas letting her stay in his base was one thing, but to actually give her her starter and a bruiser, that was something else entirely. Eyes tearing up, Lana got out of her seat and hugged Karmas before she walked over to Spritzel and Seer.

“Hey guys,” she said, “I hope you guys are ready for a new chapter in your lives to begin, well that is if you want to come along with me?”

Spritzel immediately let out a cry and flew up onto Lana’s shoulder, looks like he was happy to come along. Seer stood motionless before its gem flashed red and it floated over to Lana, also in.

“Well then guys,” Lana said, looking at her new partners. “Looks like it’s officially the start of our new journey!”

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade