UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-27-2021, 10:57 AM   #1
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Pikachu Watt Shop Update

Hey everyone, been talking with the Gym Leaders about updating the Watt Shop for the past month and a half to try and add both more options and reduce the artificial rarity from the original shop. The goal is to either implement this with the new raids starting next week if there is no hard disagreement or in July if there is hard disagreements.

Here is the proposal:

600 Watts - Mega Stones
500 Watts - Z-Crystals
400 Watts - Wishing Piece
300 Watts - Type Egg of Choice
200 Watts - Enigma Egg, Fossilized Bird/Dino/Drake/Fish
150 Watts - Evolutionary Items
100 Watts - Held Items
50 Watts – Fizzytopian Essence
25 Watts – All TRs
5 Watts - Heavy Ball, Lure Ball, Friend Ball, Love Ball, Level Ball, Fast Ball, Moon Ball, Dream Ball
For members who bought things where the original price was higher, we will be reimbursing you here. So if you bought a Mega Stone, for example, you could link your old purchase and quote the new price and the reimbursement will be confirmed. This way we don't screw over members who bought things previously for a (sometimes much) higher price.

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or if it looks all good to go.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
Meetan
Soul Badge

I love this! Can't argue with any of that!
Old 05-27-2021, 11:02 AM   #3
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Perhaps not the thread for it, but what else is Fizzytopian Essence used for?

I thought it was exchanged in the Watts Repository for 50 Watts? So, I'm confused why it's on the Watt Shop?
Old 05-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #4
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

I like these changes, but will this mean a decrease in Watt rewards as well to scale with price decreases?
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

>no change to Type Eggs price

Boo. =P *shot*

In seriousness, fine with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide View Post

I thought it was exchanged in the Watts Repository for 50 Watts? So, I'm confused why it's on the Watt Shop?
A Fizzytopian Essence's main use is to breed Fizzytopian forms of 'mons, like an Incense. (On that note the Hatchery's OP should probably be updated with this info, as well as the other regional Incenses.)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:

It is a one-time use item used to breed a Pokemon into their Fizzytopian Form. It is an item, so it is exchanged from the Watt Shop. Since it is an item, it does need to be confirmed, especially since it does involve breeding.

Re: Danny.

Watt gain will not be decreased.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #7
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

thanks for the clarifications on Fizzytopian Essence! I just thought it was something I can cash in for 50 watts which is why I was confused to see that it could also be bought for watts.

These changes look fine to me.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Hey everyone, been talking with the Gym Leaders about updating the Watt Shop for the past month and a half to try and add both more options and reduce the artificial rarity from the original shop. The goal is to either implement this with the new raids starting next week if there is no hard disagreement or in July if there is hard disagreements.

Here is the proposal:

600 Watts - Mega Stones
500 Watts - Z-Crystals
100 Watts - Held Items
25 Watts – All TRs
5 Watts - Heavy Ball, Lure Ball, Friend Ball, Love Ball, Level Ball, Fast Ball, Moon Ball, Dream Ball
For members who bought things where the original price was higher, we will be reimbursing you here. So if you bought a Mega Stone, for example, you could link your old purchase and quote the new price and the reimbursement will be confirmed. This way we don't screw over members who bought things previously for a (sometimes much) higher price.

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or if it looks all good to go.
I've been wanting a 200W Enigma Egg option, and so I'm happy to see it here. I really like how the space between 50 and 300 Watts is fleshed out--overall I approve.

Last edited by SpinyShell; 05-27-2021 at 12:54 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #9
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
thanks for the clarifications on Fizzytopian Essence! I just thought it was something I can cash in for 50 watts which is why I was confused to see that it could also be bought for watts.
I mean, the option to trade it out for Watts was likely added to the Fizzy Fright Fest's supply because there are a few people who aren't fond of custom Regional Variants being a thing, so another option would be needed to fill in the high-end slot for them. It being only the second time the Fizzytopian Essence was used probably didn't help clarify things too much for people who didn't get one in the pumpkasaur contest too much, though...

I'm not seeing any real issues with these changes, personally. Seeing a more open way to get Fizzytopian Essences is nice, as is a way to grab Evolutionary Items that's seemingly independent from the Department Store's rotation (ease of access in exchange for a more premium currency, basically). I do feel a little sorry for the folks who picked up a lot of the 50 Watt TRs, though- that's gotta be quite a bit of linking.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No disagreement from me on these changes.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:35 PM   #11
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Not seeing any issue here
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:50 PM   #12
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Here is the proposal:
600 Watts - Mega Stones
500 Watts - Z-Crystals
100 Watts - Held Items
25 Watts – All TRs

I wholeheartedly agree with these changes! Seems fine to me.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Mild concern that this is fundamentally underselling the Department Store in most if not all areas, which will push even more focus into raids.

25W TRs vs $150-$2000 TMs.
100W Helds vs $100-$500 Helds.
150W Evo items vs $1000 Evo items, assuming the rota is carried over.

Personally this comes across as "Raids becoming more valuable than RP" and that is absolutely not how it should be going.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Watts are tougher to hoard than Pokédollars, though. You get, what, 80 per month at the maximum, and they can't be traded. 1 Watt almost assuredly does not equal 1 Pokédollar. At least, that's how I see it, anyway.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #15
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yeah MM pretty much summed up the line of thought here. You can also earn Pokedollars from RPing from raids, and if you're doing the bare minimum on about a six round raid for both raids, that's about $2400 a month from raids alone, and that's just from 150 words.

Held Items aren't just the ones from the department store, so it is still more cost effective to buy them from the department store (Why buy a Gem when you could get an Eviolite for example). As for evo items, it takes two monyhs to get the requisite amount and allow a bypass if you need an evo item immediately that isn't on rotation. These prices were designed to compliment the Department Store, not make it obsolete.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #16
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...I didn't notice the Held Item slot at all until now. That oughta help folks round out their capabilities somewhat, methinks. If nothing else, I now have an idea of what I'll aim for for my fourth purchase if I don't happen to stumble into a copy beforehand. :thinking_face:
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:53 PM   #17
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Mild concern that this is fundamentally underselling the Department Store in most if not all areas, which will push even more focus into raids.

25W TRs vs $150-$2000 TMs.
100W Helds vs $100-$500 Helds.
150W Evo items vs $1000 Evo items, assuming the rota is carried over.

Personally, this comes across as "Raids becoming more valuable than RP" and that is absolutely not how it should be going.
I DO Agree that at first glance this does indeed seem to undersell the department store. I understand Irons's point on this and I do personally see how this does put a focus on raids, but I also see the double standard here which was already summed up, by MM and then clarified further with Lit.

Outside of this, I do find everything else pretty much agreeable.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:11 AM   #18
myahoo
Soul Badge

Looks good to me.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:07 AM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Yeah MM pretty much summed up the line of thought here. You can also earn Pokedollars from RPing from raids, and if you're doing the bare minimum on about a six round raid for both raids, that's about $2400 a month from raids alone, and that's just from 150 words.

Held Items aren't just the ones from the department store, so it is still more cost effective to buy them from the department store (Why buy a Gem when you could get an Eviolite for example). As for evo items, it takes two monyhs to get the requisite amount and allow a bypass if you need an evo item immediately that isn't on rotation. These prices were designed to compliment the Department Store, not make it obsolete.
idk I'm still of the opinion we should be trimming back on raids, not providing even more focus/payoff for them. Adding in exclusive helds kind of goes against that, and I'd be more inclined to rework the evolution item rotation to a 3-month cycle or cutting the rotation altogether if people are concerned about having to wait half a year for the item they need.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:40 AM   #20
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I do think I agree that the evolution item rotation can maybe go by the wayside. Something that could be considered in the future is looking at and maybe reducing Department Store prices.

I'm mostly happy we scrapped the arbitrary TR crap.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #21
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Tbh I had completely forgotten about the rotational schedule and was just checking the Dept Store for certain Evo items the other day, so was surprised to see/think we didn't actually sell them lol. ^^;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

I mean I'd be more than happy to scrap the evo item restriction from the Department Store, though that should most likely be in its own thread.

As for raids, the main purpose of this change was to make more things available to people who do choose to partake in raids as well as make it a lot easier to get rewards that already existed. The old list was filled with arbitrary artificial scarcity that felt like it was designed to make people have to do raids. With Watts being a time-gated premium currency, it felt like it made sense to make more premium items available for purchase through it. Though, none of these items will be Watt Shop exclusive going forwards. Locking the Galar Fossils behind raids with no other way to obtain them, for example, was not a smart choice and forced people who wanted them into doing raids. Going forwards, we want to look at gyms and do more than just raids with them. Shadow Arceus is testing out Dynamax Adventures, for example.

Everything that is purchasable here is also obtainable through zones. To be honest, I was hopeful with the word count changes zones would start being a lot more active again. I have an inkling people are waiting for Staff Rewards to get finalized first, but it is a little disheartening to me based on how things are. I know school is ending for a lot of people, so hopefully, we see that activity boon next month. Besides that, there is always the chance of getting most of what is here through Cram anyways.

I do get how it seems like this is devaluing the Department Store, and being honest I feel like it's more that we also need to update the Department Store as well. It is definitely something that feels like it was written for a stricter, rarity enforcing Fizzy Bubbles. I still remember when both the TM Prices and the Move Tutor Prices were hard inflated and was not a happy fan of that decision. If we can get this wrapped up, I would like to have a thread started for the Dept. Store. Though, I would like the other mods to chip in first before anything like that goes through.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #23
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Nothing should cost almost a years worth of Watts.

Lower the high end to 400ish and i think all is good.

Given you can get up to 80 Watts per month (or 960 in total) Ijust don't feel like something should take more than 6 months of dedicated saving to get.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #24
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Nothing should cost almost a years worth of Watts.

Lower the high end to 400ish and i think all is good.

Given you can get up to 80 Watts per month (or 960 in total) Ijust don't feel like something should take more than 6 months of dedicated saving to get.
I feel this should be all around in general, nothing should really take a year or even more to potentially obtain shop-wise given if a person is consistent and participating. Also as a mod I'm in agreement that we should review the Department Store and think we should get that thread up and running soon. Our systems as a whole should update and upgrade as we do.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:22 AM   #25
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
So, sorry to post here again, but something occurred to me. Since we bumped Type (and Zone) Eggs down to being the same slot price as Enigma Eggs in the Hatchery, shouldn't we also bump them down in the Watt Shop as well to be on par with them?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development