Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 01-12-2024, 02:00 PM   #326
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Umbreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilatias View Post
Electric Blue Eye:

Letty scans the key card as everyone readies themselves, ordering Chandelure to use Psychic on the doorknob to open the door from a distance, in case anything flew out at the party.

At first, you only see complete darkness, but the office's automatic light system switches on when Luna steps into the room ahead of everyone else. Finally, Layla gets the idea of going in next. After all, since she's a spirit now, it stands to reason that there isn't anything in there that can physically hurt her. And this was her office, after all. When she steps in, she looks around for a moment, seemingly taking in the sights as she starts to remember more and more about exactly what she was doing in here.

"Ah, yes. This was a map of Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh, when we all took a trip to the summit together to see if there may have been any long lasting changes to the environment there, thanks to the Team Galactic incident. I think we found a strange tablet up there. If I remember correctly, it should be over here..." She moves to a desk and opens a drawer, but when everyone else follows her inside to take a look, you see that it is clearly empty. "Well, it's not too surprising that someone else in Silph Co. would have taken it elsewhere, but the strange part is that everything else is exactly as I remember. But I can't shake this strange feeling that I've forgotten something else about the Mt. Coronet expedition..."

Letty finally speaks up. "Then I should tell you about what I've heard about your department ever since the accident, as it could help jog your memory further. Officially, the department was disbanded about two years ago, due to failing to produce anything that Silph Co. as a whole could profit from. However, the real story is that when the Saffron Gym began to collaborate with Silph Co. on matters of security, the leadership asked them to secretly read the minds of all employees, in case there was anyone planning to do something that they deemed to be a security risk. Of course, the leadership was likely searching for anyone that could be leaking company secrets instead, but what the Saffron Gym found was that the head of the department was actually someone using the resources of the company to further their own very disturbing personal agenda. An obsession with Arceus and Giratina, as it was described to me."

Layla replies, "I think it was already known that we were looking into Sinnoh folklore, though."

"No, it sounded like it went beyond that. The dimensional research may have been a means, not the goal. Silph Co. had a cultist in their midst, and when the Saffron Gym tried to apprehend her, she suddenly disappeared. No one has yet to figure out how she evaded the psychics or where she went, but Silph Co. had since found out that the identity she used here was an alias. The leadership disbanded the department and fired everyone in it afterwards, since they did not want to risk keeping potentially compromised co-workers in their midst."

The spirit shakes her head. "I thank you for telling me, but it doesn't seem to have worked much as far as my memories go. I do have quite a lot to review with this information, though."

Luna, however, had noticed a picture frame, of a very alive Layla with... A Spiritomb? Layla notices the Umbreon trying to get a closer look, and she approaches it too. "Missy... That's right. I always had a fear of ghost Pokemon, except for Missy. I ran away from home as a child, and tripped on what I thought was a weird stone. I somehow felt compelled to keep it with me, and I carried it around for a few days until I found myself attacked by wild Pokemon. I thought I was done for, until Missy showed herself and drove them all away. Missy could not easily move on her own, so I carried her around as she hid inside her keystone, until I finally got a proper Pokeball for her. I can't believe I've forgotten about her, and everyone else that came with me to the Phantom Isle."

"Do you remember why you went there now?" Letty asks.

"The department head insisted that I had to get over my fear of other ghost types if we were to succeed in our research, and encouraged me to take a trip to the Phantom Isle. I thought I could eventually train my scientific mind to suppress my fear while I was there. I think two other colleagues went with me for their own reasons. I don't recall more right now, but if Ethan here is going back to the train, maybe Missy can help, if she's there at all and not upset at me."

"There was a curious detail that the investigation into the accident at the Phantom Isle found, or more accurately, didn't find," Letty starts to explain. "There were several Pokeballs and associated Pokemon that were completely unaccounted for. The common assumption is that they were stolen by opportunistic looters, but the island was noted to be extremely dangerous due to unpredictable phenomena that still isn't well understood today. A random thief would not have been able to easily access the area for whole months following the accident. Since you and another agent of the Lord of the Void have arrived here through this phantom train, it's now possible that those missing Pokemon, if they were inside their Pokeballs, may have been thrown into the void instead, and they could still be alive at that. I've heard all of the survivors of the Phantom Isle accident were Pokemon that were recovered from their Pokeballs. There are even more curious stories - though unrelated - that would suggest that it is possible for them to survive over extended periods of time at that, like that new trainer roaming around my home region who found and inherited a party of Pokemon that had been missing and trapped within their Pokeballs for 15 years. I wonder if Giratina has rescued the missing Pokemon from the incident, and if they're currently on board the phantom train?"

The rage you feel from the necklace appears to have subsided, but it remains silent. Perhaps Giratina may be investigating this lead itself - but that thought is interrupted by a feeling of sharp, startled surprise.

Surprise? What could surprise Giratina?

You see a strange portal suddenly appear in the room, and a floating apparition crosses through it as it vanishes behind her. The Froslass had her eyes closed, extending arms attached to her head towards the party, as if someone was supposed to hand something to her. She then opens her eyes and realizes that you were all not what she expected to find. The Froslass turns around as she cries out in alarm, perhaps trying to call the portal back into existence.

Only Luna has a chance to stop her without likely catching anyone else in the crossfire or causing significant damage to the room. What will she do?
The tablets…Ethan had collected a fair few in his days…Flame, Meadow, Splash, Icicle, Iron, Earth and Legend Plate; those were only ones he still had in his possession after everything had gone down.

Two of which he vaguely remembered getting from Gym Leaders during the short time he had participated in a tournament, while a blame for all the odd happenings during the event, he did eventually find out that the Champion gave those that specialized in the type a gift, an elemental plate based off of the very type they devoted their lives to.

A few others he ‘acquired’ from expeditions in ruins, shady trades and even his short time in a different world than his own.

Having a Froslass came out of the portal was the least of weird happenings thus far, but it did make Ethan begin to wonder something from the details he had heard.

But it was interesting that the Pokémon that came out from the portal was a Froslass, for a Froslass is said to have been once the spirit of a women that died a tragic death on an icy mountain, after being lost for days…it’s regretful spirit said to wander the world forever...

Umbreon looked at her trainer perplexed as to what to do. Her trainer as well was unprepared at the notion that they shouldn’t attack unnecessarily. The Froslass was nothing more than a lost spirit, one in which seemed to have wandered here thinking this was where it belonged, the portal closing and not allowing it to return with a state of confusion…well, you’d be confused to waking up in a place you hadn’t slept in the night before. “Luna, use your Heal Bell to soothe the ghost…maybe than we can get some answer as to where it came from and what it seems to be wanting.”

“Layla what was the plate you had in that drawer, I may be able to appease the spirit if we return what it had lost and if it’s a plate it’s after then…maybe I might just have one that it’s missing.” Ethan didn’t understand the reasonings his mind would look at these plates as holding more value than gold and at this point he didn’t care, it didn’t look like Giratina liked talking about Arceus so what point did he have collecting them if he wanted to let it know he could be trusted, he had no other choice but to forgo the plates…

Unlike that man that tried to frame him way back then, the only conclusion that Ethan could make on the gym leader named Luther was that if he was the mastermind behind it all, he wanted the plates to construct the world in that humans weren’t the dominant species, that Pokémon took the rightful place on the throne of hierarchy. While Ethan understood his plight, doing that would have eventually erased all of mankind from the face of the planet and created nothing but an all-out war, pitting humans and Pokémon against each other. The very bonds that lived harmoniously now, would be at each other’s throats. What sort of world could that have created other than a chaos filled one.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 01-12-2024 at 06:19 PM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 12:50 PM   #327
Naru
あの星空を掴め

Lil'twick

Kale had done well at alerting you to the danger that lurked within these mines, environmental hazards so to speak. You took the safer route, walking down the path with the broken minecart tracks, watching as Kale hopped across them with ease. It became quite obvious as you walked that this was becoming much more of a downward slope, causing you to slow down slightly and mind your footing as you continued.

It was quiet. Nervewracklingly so. The only noise was the occasional rubble you upturned as you walked, as well as your own footsteps. As you continued down, you could feel the waves of Electricity that crossed you. It caused your arm hair to stand on end, and Kale to look around to determine the source.

"H-help..." You froze. It was his voice. "K-Kyle." It was cutting out, pitches of static between. You hurriedly touched your pockets, reaching for your cellphone. It was warm, and you could hear his whimpered and broken voice cutting between the pitches of static.

"I-I'm," A pause, a wave of static. "Down." It was garbled, hard to understand... but you knew Isaac's voice anywhere, especially when he sounded like this. "Down heRRRRRRRRRE" There was a shrill screech near the end, a crescendo of noise before the display flickered on.

Kale looked up, clearly concerned. He looked towards the path ahead, wondering if somehow... Isaac and likely Vinny had somehow found their way down here.

What do you do?
Old 01-14-2024, 03:06 PM   #328
Lil'twick
Reload

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick I know I'm the bad guy, I don't gotta ask why

Missingno. Master- Considering the situation at hand, you send out your Wormadam to help out as well. The bagworm is soon held tight in your arms, not wishing for her to sink into the bog. You explain your plan to your Pokemon and communicate it to Genesect as well. Genesect nods, and points to where it placed the other barrel filled with... whatever horrors. Looks like it was collecting waste.

Your team gets to work, with Sandy psychically lifting a barrel while Crusher uses his arms to lift up one of the other barrels. You watch as they move the barrels to the designated location, but sense something was amiss. You hear some sort of squishy squelching noise. Though, you weren't the only one to notice this. Genesect looked to be a bit on edge as well as it moved another barrel.

Crusher and Sandy then work on the other two barrels, with Sandy opting to lift the more dangerous one with her mind. You watch as they set the barrels down together, and you hear the noise become even louder. In a flash, you watch as the Genesect quickly jumps behind you, and you hear a sort of splattering noise. Turning your head, you see the metal bug standing strong, and a putrid scent starts to fill your nose.

Looking around, you see the bog... moving. No, you recognize what these are immediately. Living with Keith Masters makes any Poison-type recognizable. These were Muk, about three of them. From the sounds of it, the Genesect had just protected you from an assault from one of them. Most definitely a sludge bomb... the noise lined up perfectly.

You see the Genesect give you a nod as it assumes a battle stance, ready to protect you. That was one Muk it was going to deal with, but you see two more rises from the ground, arms outstretched. The looked... hungry. Poor things, but both of them were already ready to attack you. Diplomacy looked to be out of the question here.

What do you do?

It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies
When I wonder if the path is in the right direction
But I do believe, things come to life by accident

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 06:16 PM   #329
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master- Considering the situation at hand, you send out your Wormadam to help out as well. The bagworm is soon held tight in your arms, not wishing for her to sink into the bog. You explain your plan to your Pokemon and communicate it to Genesect as well. Genesect nods, and points to where it placed the other barrel filled with... whatever horrors. Looks like it was collecting waste.

Your team gets to work, with Sandy psychically lifting a barrel while Crusher uses his arms to lift up one of the other barrels. You watch as they move the barrels to the designated location, but sense something was amiss. You hear some sort of squishy squelching noise. Though, you weren't the only one to notice this. Genesect looked to be a bit on edge as well as it moved another barrel.

Crusher and Sandy then work on the other two barrels, with Sandy opting to lift the more dangerous one with her mind. You watch as they set the barrels down together, and you hear the noise become even louder. In a flash, you watch as the Genesect quickly jumps behind you, and you hear a sort of splattering noise. Turning your head, you see the metal bug standing strong, and a putrid scent starts to fill your nose.

Looking around, you see the bog... moving. No, you recognize what these are immediately. Living with Keith Masters makes any Poison-type recognizable. These were Muk, about three of them. From the sounds of it, the Genesect had just protected you from an assault from one of them. Most definitely a sludge bomb... the noise lined up perfectly.

You see the Genesect give you a nod as it assumes a battle stance, ready to protect you. That was one Muk it was going to deal with, but you see two more rises from the ground, arms outstretched. The looked... hungry. Poor things, but both of them were already ready to attack you. Diplomacy looked to be out of the question here.

What do you do?
With the plan laid out, Genesect indicated with a claw where it had place the other barrel from before. And they got straight to work. Between Sandy and Crusher, they managed to move a few barrels, but something seemed wrong. ZZLZZ could sense something amiss, hear some manner of squishy squelching noise. She looked at Genesect, who seemed on edge at it. "You heard it, too?" she murmured.

But, whatever was making the noise didn't seem too keen on showing its face just yet, and so back to work they got. There were two more barrels, one of which was more filled with dangerous chemicals- it was this one Sandy opted to psychically move, rather than let Crusher expose himself to it. As the Bug-types set down the barrels, the squishing noise returned, louder than before. And then, everything seemed to happen at once- Genesect quickly jumped behind ZZLZZ, and she heard a splattering noise. She turned to see Genesect standing strong as a strong stench made itself known. She looked around, stopping as she saw the moving piles of sludge. She'd seen this before. Her best friend was the daughter of a renowned Poison-type master. Hell, she'd hugged one before, though a decidedly more docile one than these (Keith Masters was quite right- it really was just a matter of getting past the smell, and you were rewarded with one of the nicest, squishiest hugs you could ask for). These were Normal Form Muk. Three of them. ZZLZZ realized in an instant- Genesect had just shielded her from a Sludge Bomb. She looked at the Muk, conflicted. She pitied them, on one hand- they looked hungry. But on the other hand, they had to restore this bog to its former glory, or at least give it their best effort. And with how belligerent they were getting, having already launched into an attack, it didn't seem as though negotiating with them would yield results- if it had seemed like that, ZZLZZ would have already been trying just that. But, alas, this was not the time or the place for that sort of thing. This was the time and place to fight.

Genesect gave a nod, assuming a battle stance, ready to protect her, and ZZLZZ nodded back. "We'll do this together," she stated.

"Worm, worma worma-" began Sandy, wriggling belligerently in her Trainer's arms.

"No, Sandy- you can't battle well on this terrain, the Muk will have a huge advantage," ZZLZZ said patiently to her Wormadam. "Believe me, I know if the playing field was more level you'd wipe the field with them, but for now I'm asking you to trust me on this, OK?"

"...Dam, worma," Sandy conceded. She didn't sound happy about it, but she'd ceased to put up a fight about it, at the very least.

ZZLZZ nodded. "Don't worry. You're being plenty help as it is," she reassured her Wormadam. "And I'm sure you'll have your chance to do even more later. But for now... Crusher, are you ready?" she asked.

"Pinsssss!" hissed Crusher, stepping forward, clashing his pincers together menacingly.

"And you'll need backup," added ZZLZZ, throwing a Ground Ball. "Goggles, let's go!" she declared.

The Vibrava emerged in a flash of light, wings beating rapidly as he hovered above the squishy bog. "Bravaa!" he buzzed.

"O-OK!" ZZLZZ exhaled. "Crusher, use Focus Energy, then High Horsepower on the left one! Goggles, trap the right one in a Sand Tomb, then follow up with Earth Power!"
Old 01-15-2024, 03:20 PM   #330
Lil'twick
Reload

Eevee It's in my blood It's in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Lil'twick

Kale had done well at alerting you to the danger that lurked within these mines, environmental hazards so to speak. You took the safer route, walking down the path with the broken minecart tracks, watching as Kale hopped across them with ease. It became quite obvious as you walked that this was becoming much more of a downward slope, causing you to slow down slightly and mind your footing as you continued.

It was quiet. Nervewracklingly so. The only noise was the occasional rubble you upturned as you walked, as well as your own footsteps. As you continued down, you could feel the waves of Electricity that crossed you. It caused your arm hair to stand on end, and Kale to look around to determine the source.

"H-help..." You froze. It was his voice. "K-Kyle." It was cutting out, pitches of static between. You hurriedly touched your pockets, reaching for your cellphone. It was warm, and you could hear his whimpered and broken voice cutting between the pitches of static.

"I-I'm," A pause, a wave of static. "Down." It was garbled, hard to understand... but you knew Isaac's voice anywhere, especially when he sounded like this. "Down heRRRRRRRRRE" There was a shrill screech near the end, a crescendo of noise before the display flickered on.

Kale looked up, clearly concerned. He looked towards the path ahead, wondering if somehow... Isaac and likely Vinny had somehow found their way down here.

What do you do?
Everything was going all fine and dandy. At least, at first. Kale was good at pointing out where potential traps and pitfalls could be. Loose rubble. The list goes on and on. It looked like the mines slopped down, and Kyle was careful to take things one step at a time. Slow and steady did win the race. It wasn't like his target wasn't going anywhere. It hasn't in the weeks he spent researching this place.

Yet, he heard something. A cry for help, and froze on hearing the voice. Isaac. His mind was going frantic all of a sudden. Why was he here? How was he here? They just saw each other a few days ago. He warned him about this. That he was going to go into these mines to track down Regieleki. Isaac wasn't the type to just brazenly rush into something like this... A lot of things, sure, but not a place that could be a potential death trap.

Kale looked on edge as well. Kyle knew that his Jolteon wasn't able to patch things up in the same way as he did. Yet, if Isaac was here, then perhaps Vinny was too. Or this could be an auditory hallucination created from the mines. His Rotom phone was frying at the seems as the voice came out of his phone. No, it was most certainly the static in the air causing this. That was the rational answer... As rational as this world and this place could be.

"It's... It's okay buddy. The electricity here is getting more compounded for sure. I don't think they're here... Regieleki must be the cause of this. Somehow... So come on Kale, we need to go deeper," Kyle reassured the Jolteon as he continued to make his way down through the mineshafts.

It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-18-2024, 11:38 PM   #331
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Electric Blue Eye:

Layla admits when you inquire about the tablet, "The tablet was more like a mural though, not like the mysterious elemental plates that occasionally show up in the world. But from what I remember, we had yet to decipher it, though it had a depiction of Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga. The back side of the tablet, once we removed it, showed us a depiction of Giratina. But why is that Froslass so familiar? I think I may have seen it during the Mt. Coronet expedition..."

Believing that the Froslass was lost, you order Luna to use a Heal Bell on her, as the mysterious portal repoens. The soothing chime seems to calm her emotions, and you notice what appeared to be scratch wounds closing up as she turns around to face the party, with a look of hesitation instead of diving back in through the portal and escaping. Moreover, her light blue 'horns' suddenly shift into a deep black color, then to silver, just like...

"Hey," Letty gasps in astonishment. "Is this intruder also one of the Lord of the Void's chosen? We should convince her to stay for a bit to tell us what's going on."

Suddenly, claws of shadow extend out from the portal and seize her, dragging her in! She vanishes from sight, and yet the portal remains. "Damn! We've just had a potential witness taken from us! What should we do?!" Letty wonders as he turns to Chandelure, who in turn gazes to you and Luna instead.

Layla was also shaking her head throughout all of this, though you're not sure if she was clearing her head and re-examining her thoughts, or telling you that she wasn't going to be the one to cross the portal either - not that she could even do anything if she did, as far as anyone knew. And the keys to her memories were in this room, after all.

The voice from the necklace was silent throughout all of this, but the initial feeling of surprise fades to one of caution. You finally hear something in your mind. "Do not be hasty to give chase. To do so would mean venturing into the unknown, at the behest of a stranger you know nothing about, and one whose path we are likely to cross with again." However, it strangely sounded like advice, rather than an outright order. Perhaps Giratina was unsure as to what you should do, and that perhaps you were indeed capable enough to overcome what might be on the other side. The voice speaks up again. "I should re-purpose this tear to act as another link between this world and the train, that only my chosen would be able to use. You need only some patience..."

Nothing about the portal tells you where it might currently lead, should you decide to give chase before Giratina finishes altering the portal - though the very idea that it is able to change the destination of this 'tear' seems to indicate that this portal is related to the Distortion World in some way. Even more, it means there is something else capable of creating them, and somehow deliberately right in this very room - and should you cross through early, there was no guarantee that there'd be an easy way back. Giratina clearly knows something about the Froslass that it was keeping from you, though you also get the impression that it will tell you as soon as it finishes its preparations with the portal, and you and anyone else that Giratina allows gains the ability to return to the train from this room. What will you do?

Last edited by Alilatias; 01-19-2024 at 12:07 AM.
Alilatias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:24 PM   #332
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Umbreon

Quote:
Electric Blue Eye:

Layla admits when you inquire about the tablet, "The tablet was more like a mural though, not like the mysterious elemental plates that occasionally show up in the world. But from what I remember, we had yet to decipher it, though it had a depiction of Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga. The back side of the tablet, once we removed it, showed us a depiction of Giratina. But why is that Froslass so familiar? I think I may have seen it during the Mt. Coronet expedition..."

Believing that the Froslass was lost, you order Luna to use a Heal Bell on her, as the mysterious portal repoens. The soothing chime seems to calm her emotions, and you notice what appeared to be scratch wounds closing up as she turns around to face the party, with a look of hesitation instead of diving back in through the portal and escaping. Moreover, her light blue 'horns' suddenly shift into a deep black color, then to silver, just like...

"Hey," Letty gasps in astonishment. "Is this intruder also one of the Lord of the Void's chosen? We should convince her to stay for a bit to tell us what's going on."

Suddenly, claws of shadow extend out from the portal and seize her, dragging her in! She vanishes from sight, and yet the portal remains. "Damn! We've just had a potential witness taken from us! What should we do?!" Letty wonders as he turns to Chandelure, who in turn gazes to you and Luna instead.

Layla was also shaking her head throughout all of this, though you're not sure if she was clearing her head and re-examining her thoughts, or telling you that she wasn't going to be the one to cross the portal either - not that she could even do anything if she did, as far as anyone knew. And the keys to her memories were in this room, after all.

The voice from the necklace was silent throughout all of this, but the initial feeling of surprise fades to one of caution. You finally hear something in your mind. "Do not be hasty to give chase. To do so would mean venturing into the unknown, at the behest of a stranger you know nothing about, and one whose path we are likely to cross with again." However, it strangely sounded like advice, rather than an outright order. Perhaps Giratina was unsure as to what you should do, and that perhaps you were indeed capable enough to overcome what might be on the other side. The voice speaks up again. "I should re-purpose this tear to act as another link between this world and the train, that only my chosen would be able to use. You need only some patience..."

Nothing about the portal tells you where it might currently lead, should you decide to give chase before Giratina finishes altering the portal - though the very idea that it is able to change the destination of this 'tear' seems to indicate that this portal is related to the Distortion World in some way. Even more, it means there is something else capable of creating them, and somehow deliberately right in this very room - and should you cross through early, there was no guarantee that there'd be an easy way back. Giratina clearly knows something about the Froslass that it was keeping from you, though you also get the impression that it will tell you as soon as it finishes its preparations with the portal, and you and anyone else that Giratina allows gains the ability to return to the train from this room. What will you do?
The bell move toned like a gentle breeze, the ringing soothing and calm to the ear, bringing with it a feeling of comfort, for sure the wandering spirit wasn’t one that may have belonged to a trainer, at least not that they knew of if Layla’s recollection of it being part of her Mt.Coronet expedition was anything to go by and yet seeing the now familiar black fire indicating her to be a willing participant to Giratina’s mission they could hardly do nothing as the portal behind her reopened and pulled her in.

Ethan went into to grab the hand of the ghost/ice type only for his Umbreon to push him back, his fingers just missing any connection to reach the Snow Land Pokémon that they had now confirmed to be one of Giratina’s minions.

That claw that grabbed her…why do I suddenly feel chills? If those claws could’ve extended, why did it feel like if it could have somehow have had a reason to grab me! Am I being paranoid here?! unbeknownst to him, a sharp claw did try to grab him when he had finally managed to acquire a ride home after being unintentionally sent hundreds of years to the past. He always felt there was something watching him but for one reason or another whatever it was never made contact, violent or otherwise.

He chalked up the whole experience as a happenstance, but what if when he got transported to the past, it was for some reason- other than learning some new skills and getting some of his Pokémon to evolve into their Hisuian form, he didn’t really gain much else…so who’s to say?

Giratina…what happens to those you task in helping you…what if they die on this mission of yours?…do you feel anything at that point or are you surprisingly okay with it because in the end they made their own choice by agreeing to help you…or are you surprisingly not okay with it and wish you could dive into that realm yourself but something or someone is preventing you to…what am I even saying, you’re warning me not to jump into the fray because of what’s inside…if we’re not ready then…maybe, just maybe time will allow us to be.

“Breeee~”

“I feel the same way, but…” as Ethan turned to look at his new companions, looking at Layla…doing anything that sidetracked his mission meant more time that he couldn’t afford, that she couldn’t afford…doing something reckless here, even if Frosslass did in fact need them, meant preventing Layla from moving on…

“Alright then.” Ethan said rubbing his hands together and trying to sound even more upbeat, “We need answers, clues, something in order to get Layla’s spirit to cross over. Don’t leave any stone unturned.” Ethan was doing his best to stay positive but seeing someone, anyone, even a Pokémon be it a ghost or alive get snatched like that…it didn’t seat well with him. He needed to focus and keep busy, anything he could do to progress on this case.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:24 PM   #333
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Emi-

You think through what was going on as you went through your cliched haunting. Most of these rooms were significant numbers... with the sole exception of 441. Odd. Perhaps it couldn't have thought of anything better? No matter, you feel that this poor poltergeist wasn't even going to have close to the last laugh. As you twist the handle on Room 404, you feel something... wrong. Something extremely wrong. As if the entirety of reality suddenly glitched.

You enter the hotel room and blink. This looked NOTHING like a super fancy hotel would be. This looks like some shitty, semi-functioning Motel 6 in the middle of the countryside. Or maybe a Best Western that some middle manager got sent to for a work trip. No, it was definitely that. You could feel something oozing from this room... Capitalism.

Looking back, you see the door locked. You try to leave, but see it needed a key card. Who the hell designs a room that requires the key card to leave it!? The sheer mediocrity was already making this awful. Yet, you hear a sing-songy, monotonous voice echo through the room. Your brain can't comprehend how it could be both.

"Hello Madam!~ Welcome! Thank you for joining me today to discuss the purchase of the Grand Hotel! With its property value down immensely, it's the perfect time to invest! Please, come and have a seat!" A pale, gray man greats you. You noticed soulless, expectant eyes piercing through you. Sharp fangs bared in the most twisted grin possible. A shitty black Men's Warehouse suit.

If you didn't know better, this was a soul-sucking vampire. But you are the worldly sort, aren't you? Then surely you realize the true nature of this monster was right? A landlord. Or at the very least, a realtor. A Landkeeper, if you would, and he seems intent on trying to sell you the rights to the hotel. And you weren't getting out without dealing with this capitalist one way or another.

What do you do?
The room wasn't anything the woman had expected when she opened the door. She had expected some dilapidation from the hotel being abandoned, but she wasn't really expecting a room that had the stench of...being a value offer at a roadside motel. Some chain just good enough that you could justify having the price be above rock bottom, but not good enough that the hotel would offer anything other than a Continental Breakfast. The woman looked back at the door as if to leave, but the door didn't have a handle, instead just having an electronic lock that required a key card. That was more surprising than having a door that was just unable to be opened.

"Hello Madam!~ Welcome! Thank you for joining me today to discuss the purchase of the Grand Hotel! With its property value down immensely, it's the perfect time to invest! Please, come and have a seat!"

The voice sounded simultaneously bored and sing songy. It had no energy or vibe but was desperately trying to sound appealing. It was somehow more dead and lifeless than the classic retail voice. The woman turned towards the man and gave him the look over. Between his pale skin, protruding fangs, and poor fashion sense, one might have expected him to be some kind of vampire. A real-estate selling vampire, but a vampire none the less.

'Oh no. That's no vampire. It is cute that he's trying to pull off his best impression though. Although I guess he's trying to sell me the hotel. Maybe I'll play along.'

"I suppose I will. This whole business I've been dealing with will probably go a lot smoother if I'm the owner of the establishment after all. Now I imagine the property value of this establishment is down, very, very far down. We're talking about the kind of scenario where the owner just needs to dump it completely, regardless of price." The woman shot a piercing look at the landlord briefly before continuing to talk.

"It's probably a situation, given the nature of the location and it's history, that would require taking any offer, and I imagine the offers are slim pickings. Running a hotel is complex business, and it's not a gamble most people want to take without a good idea of the assured profits. So my guess is, you aren't going to try and hi-ball me, right?" The woman had owned property in the past, but genuinely didn't have a need for it anymore. She was, as some would say, independently wealthy, and chose to keep most of it locked away in case of an extreme rainy day.

'I don't doubt he is going to try and swindle me somehow here. He doesn't even really look like a real estate agent, and there's no reason for him being in one of these rooms. He almost surely doesn't have the deed, or any of the relevant paperwork. Hopefully pressuring him like this will get him to come clean on what his angle is.'

Scylla looked at her trainer and, feeling thoroughly bored, decided to float away and start looking at the rest of the hotel room. There probably wasn't anything valuable or interesting to do in the room, but looking under beds and in closets for potentially finding something interesting was a much more engaging prospect than having to listen to the kind of conversation her trainer was having. They were always long and nothing interesting would ever happen in them.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:03 AM   #334
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Electric Blue Eye:

As the party decided that they could do little but to watch the portal, the flames from Letty's Chandelure flared in anticipation for whatever else might be crossing through, perhaps hostile. However, the portal eventually shifts from a mass of chaos into what appeared to be a door. And this door shifts open into something you've seen before - the interior of the phantom train.

"It is done," the voice from the necklace says. "This shall serve as yet another link to the train, no matter where our next destination may be. I am aware that you have questions, and I would not have you continue while blinded by ignorance, as it appears that there is an adversary that may derail our efforts. Return, and let us prepare for the next step."

Letty adds, "I overheard that too. It sounds like I may be able to board the train as well, but I'd only get in your way at this point. It might be better for me to remain here with Layla and continue investigating from here." You take a quick glance at the ghostly scientist, who appears to be muttering to herself. Letty continues, "This portal should allow my companion and I to keep in touch with the Lord of Shadows to relay information back to you, or perhaps more direct assistance if necessary. I wish we could have rescued that Froslass, but whatever could steal away a follower of the Lord like that probably isn't something to recklessly fight without a plan."

The group says their goodbyes for now, and you, Luna and Fox step into the newly linked portal back to the phantom train.

Through the windows, you see the swirling chaos of the Distortion World once more. Moreover, you also notice that you've entered the train using a different entrance, as you can see the portal leading back to the Saffron train station on the other end of the train carriage - though you no longer have any reason to use it. Glancing at the table where you first found Layla, you see the formerly shifting Pokeball that was left behind. With Layla's memories of the Pokeball and the Pokemon within restored, it now took its true form of a Ghost Ball, with the clearly alive Spiritomb inside smiling as you free her. The smile quickly turns into a distressed frown when she realizes that Layla is not there, and that nothing on the train looked as it should.

Letty's hypothesis regarding the survival of the Pokemon that were inside their Pokeballs when they were sucked into the void turned out to be correct. But would this Spiritomb have been able to perceive Layla, dead as the trainer was? And were there other Pokemon on board like this? A quick check of the carriage yielded no other Pokeballs, for now.

The silver-colored glowing door that you saw upon your initial arrival seemed to be trying to beckon you and Luna closer, while the Spiritomb seemed to be trying to tell Fox to follow her somewhere.

"I am sure you now have enough of an understanding of how to proceed, and what you wish to find on the other end. You shall have your answers soon, little one."

Indeed, Luna simply imagines the door opening before her, and it does, though not in the way you expect. It shifts into the shape of a ladder, leading to a hatch above. You and Luna proceed upwards and find yourselves on the roof of the train, though you don't see the Distortion World in the background - just an empty black void, save for a giant pair of light blue eyes gazing at you. From all directions at once, you could hear and feel Giratina's influence.

"You have done well to heed my advice. Had you chosen to brave the unknown, it is likely that I would have had to send the train to pluck you from your peril, unless you were somehow able to seize our adversary's power to create gateways through -my realm- for yourself. A daunting task, for I know this foe well, she who does not know her place and has forced her will upon one of my allies."

As Giratina reveals this, its eyes briefly vanish, and the darkness shifts to a blizzard on a mountainside. In front of you is a crowd of confused scientists crouching down as if they are trying to hide, Layla among them, clutching a tablet. You try to get a closer look at the tablet she holds, though she is grasping it so tightly under her coat that you can't make out any details on it. Past the crowd is a blonde-haired woman who is facing away from you, and an unconscious Froslass beneath what appeared to be a Misdreavus, though this particular Misdreavus was... Odd. This woman orders this Misdreavus to launch a Shadow Ball, and you see it fly forward and hit another woman, sending her tumbling into the depths below... The empty black void then engulfs what Giratina wished to show you.

"She has kept herself hidden from my gaze, along with those I have tasked with finding her. But no longer." The darkness briefly shimmers into the office back at Silph Co, where you see yourself ordering Luna to use Heal Pulse on the Froslass. "I can now -see- her through my ally once more." As that scene disappears, Giratina declares, "All that remains is for you to learn of her true nature, so that we may ensnare her and free our chosen - and avenge the fallen trainer, should the chosen seek vengeance. The idea that she may have a role in the fate of the lost souls that have found themselves in my dimension is yet another transgression worthy of punishment. Indeed, that Spiritomb may possess knowledge of the adversary and other researchers accompanying her that her unfortunate trainer has not yet recalled."

The blue eyes glance back towards the hatch and the ladder, and they transform into a proper door that would warp you back in. "If you seek more knowledge, you only need to make it known. You now know what must be done, and I trust you have no objections?"

Last edited by Alilatias; 01-24-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:45 PM   #335
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Umbreon

Quote:
Electric Blue Eye:

As the party decided that they could do little but to watch the portal, the flames from Letty's Chandelure flared in anticipation for whatever else might be crossing through, perhaps hostile. However, the portal eventually shifts from a mass of chaos into what appeared to be a door. And this door shifts open into something you've seen before - the interior of the phantom train.

"It is done," the voice from the necklace says. "This shall serve as yet another link to the train, no matter where our next destination may be. I am aware that you have questions, and I would not have you continue while blinded by ignorance, as it appears that there is an adversary that may derail our efforts. Return, and let us prepare for the next step."

Letty adds, "I overheard that too. It sounds like I may be able to board the train as well, but I'd only get in your way at this point. It might be better for me to remain here with Layla and continue investigating from here." You take a quick glance at the ghostly scientist, who appears to be muttering to herself. Letty continues, "This portal should allow my companion and I to keep in touch with the Lord of Shadows to relay information back to you, or perhaps more direct assistance if necessary. I wish we could have rescued that Froslass, but whatever could steal away a follower of the Lord like that probably isn't something to recklessly fight without a plan."

The group says their goodbyes for now, and you, Luna and Fox step into the newly linked portal back to the phantom train.

Through the windows, you see the swirling chaos of the Distortion World once more. Moreover, you also notice that you've entered the train using a different entrance, as you can see the portal leading back to the Saffron train station on the other end of the train carriage - though you no longer have any reason to use it. Glancing at the table where you first found Layla, you see the formerly shifting Pokeball that was left behind. With Layla's memories of the Pokeball and the Pokemon within restored, it now took its true form of a Ghost Ball, with the clearly alive Spiritomb inside smiling as you free her. The smile quickly turns into a distressed frown when she realizes that Layla is not there, and that nothing on the train looked as it should.

Letty's hypothesis regarding the survival of the Pokemon that were inside their Pokeballs when they were sucked into the void turned out to be correct. But would this Spiritomb have been able to perceive Layla, dead as the trainer was? And were there other Pokemon on board like this? A quick check of the carriage yielded no other Pokeballs, for now.

The silver-colored glowing door that you saw upon your initial arrival seemed to be trying to beckon you and Luna closer, while the Spiritomb seemed to be trying to tell Fox to follow her somewhere.

"I am sure you now have enough of an understanding of how to proceed, and what you wish to find on the other end. You shall have your answers soon, little one."

Indeed, Luna simply imagines the door opening before her, and it does, though not in the way you expect. It shifts into the shape of a ladder, leading to a hatch above. You and Luna proceed upwards and find yourselves on the roof of the train, though you don't see the Distortion World in the background - just an empty black void, save for a giant pair of light blue eyes gazing at you. From all directions at once, you could hear and feel Giratina's influence.

"You have done well to heed my advice. Had you chosen to brave the unknown, it is likely that I would have had to send the train to pluck you from your peril, unless you were somehow able to seize our adversary's power to create gateways through -my realm- for yourself. A daunting task, for I know this foe well, she who does not know her place and has forced her will upon one of my allies."

As Giratina reveals this, its eyes briefly vanish, and the darkness shifts to a blizzard on a mountainside. In front of you is a crowd of confused scientists crouching down as if they are trying to hide, Layla among them, clutching a tablet. You try to get a closer look at the tablet she holds, though she is grasping it so tightly under her coat that you can't make out any details on it. Past the crowd is a blonde-haired woman who is facing away from you, and an unconscious Froslass beneath what appeared to be a Misdreavus, though this particular Misdreavus was... Odd. This woman orders this Misdreavus to launch a Shadow Ball, and you see it fly forward and hit another woman, sending her tumbling into the depths below... The empty black void then engulfs what Giratina wished to show you.

"She has kept herself hidden from my gaze, along with those I have tasked with finding her. But no longer." The darkness briefly shimmers into the office back at Silph Co, where you see yourself ordering Luna to use Heal Pulse on the Froslass. "I can now -see- her through my ally once more." As that scene disappears, Giratina declares, "All that remains is for you to learn of her true nature, so that we may ensnare her and free our chosen - and avenge the fallen trainer, should the chosen seek vengeance. The idea that she may have a role in the fate of the lost souls that have found themselves in my dimension is yet another transgression worthy of punishment. Indeed, that Spiritomb may possess knowledge of the adversary and other researchers accompanying her that her unfortunate trainer has not yet recalled."

The blue eyes glance back towards the hatch and the ladder, and they transform into a proper door that would warp you back in. "If you seek more knowledge, you only need to make it known. You now know what must be done, and I trust you have no objections?"
Ethan felt like a failure until his Zorua that had turned into the dark flowered Floette looked up at him and pressed his hand on his cheek. “I know, there are things others can do…and things only we can do.”

While they got through the door that stabilized a connection to the office they left behind, Ethan turned back to look at the acquaintances he had made, this wasn’t goodbye, not with them not getting the answers they sought yet, they wouldn’t be until they were satisfied with the results.

There was something nagging at him, for Layla to not remember her expedition so clearly he wondered if something traumatic must’ve taken place which inevitably may have blocked her memories, though he always wondered how the spirit was able to remember anything, since the brain was something physical he question if something cognitive that retained itself to the spirit made it so…there was such a thing as muscle memory, maybe there was something a keen to that like spirit memory, no doubt something Layla herself would want to study if given the chance.

As they entered the doorway leading back to the train, he waved goodbye as if the train were to take him to their next destination, when they got inside Fox had leaped out of his pocket and transformed back into the Hisuian Zorua with Umbreon leaping in gracefully not even making as much as a sound, she was the first to notice a Pokeball at the table that they first went to talk to the scientist in, for sure it wasn’t there the last time they had been in the train, so what changed?

As they walked over to it, he picked up the Pokeball where he could see a Spiritomb looking back at him from the transparent ghost ball’s top, but wait, was this that same Spiritomb Layla was talking about...Why didn’t we get to see her before? He supposed it was pointless to ask since Giratina had no way to control what went in or out of the train’s vicinity.

As the ghost/dark type Pokémon smiled back at them, he wondered what things she could tell them, so he released her from her ball and called her out, “Go Pokeball!” The ghost ball opened up and produced the Forbidden Pokémon from her prison. “So you must be one of the Pokémon trapped here or there.” Whatever the case may be, as he looked at the floor he didn’t come up with any other Pokéballs that might’ve contained Pokémon inside of them. She looked friendly enough, sort of like his Spiritomb, except his was…never mind.

Fox didn’t seem to mind her company and was even listening to everything she was telling him, unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to communicate back what she said…unless…Layla did give them an idea; he took out his phone and looked up a tutorial on how to use sign language as a means to communicate back, he knew the basics so if Fox could learn the alphabet and a few basic hand motions they could talk about Spiritomb was telling him, they had some time; he just didn’t know how much, Ethan listened in to what the lord of the void told him, then he opened up the door way on top, the trainer reached inside of his pocket and retrieved a file he had saved of a sign language chart before leaving it with Fox to look over and have the Spiritomb talk to him and learn to convey what it was he was hearing. That left Luna with him to go towards the top deck leading to the roof of the train.

It was hard to tell whether they were moving what with nothing but nothing all around, he looked at the void, the deep darkness- Hello old friend… as the Umbreon’s red oval patterns glow lightly, casting them in a warm red glow.

He was soon showed the scene of Layla during her expedition, it felt like watching a large screen during a drive in theater, noting the tablet though he couldn’t make anything out of it...he did note a different kind of Misdreavus, it wasn’t just differently colored, or something like a regional base or new evolution, he pondered what it could be…Was this one of the Paradox Pokémon Layla briefly talked to them about? He had yet to witness one in real life so he couldn’t be sure.

Wait was someone besides the fallen Froslass hurt in some way… unlike his ‘death’ experience he once had, he couldn’t remember if he ever went to the other side or transferred bodies with a spirit but he often wondered if something like that occurred here…

After they learned what they needed from the Spiritomb there was a chance they were going to be sent into a situation that may require some interference especially if the spiral of multiple souls wished it so, he didn’t have any quarrels if that was needed to be done. He himself took revenge on those that only thought of themselves and hurt others in the process, some would think it was nothing but wasted hatred to exact vengeance but he thought differently, maybe that was one of the reason Giratina was okay with him being used for such a task.

He went back to the cabin and turned to his Fox that looked a bit more confident in his ability to communicate her words with sign language versus to the state of distress the trainer had left him in previously, at the ready he then leaped into the air and summersaulted with a reddish purple energy transforming into a doppelgänger version of his own trainer, he nodded confidently insuring he was ready to transcribe the words the Spiritomb wished to get across.

The lord of the void asked if there was any objections in what needed to get done, he couldn’t help but laugh, No, no objections what’s so ever.

“Alright little one, what do you recall of the events that keep you here?”
Old 01-25-2024, 01:20 PM   #336
Lil'twick
Reload

If you try to step to me, it'll be the last time

Missingno. Master-

Analyzing the situation, and realizing Genesect's willing to help you out, you look at the Muks and send out another Pokemon. Goggles the Vibrava. Of course, this on;y makes your Wormadam even more peeved that she can't participate. You kept reassuring her that it was for her safety. Yet, time would only tell how long the squirming bagworm in your arms would stay content with that answer.

You had your Pinsir and Vibrava take on two separate Muks, and hear Genesect dealing with the third Muk behind you. From the squelching sounds, you can tell it was winning. One last thing to worry about, at the very least. So, it was time for Crusher and Goggles to do their best against their respective Muks. At the very least, you hoped that they would fare well.

Crusher began his duel by focusing his energy. You see the Muk look at the Pinsir with ravenous eyes and spew a Toxic towards the Pinsir. You see him ingest the poison, and it starts to work its way through his bloodstream. The Pinsir looks like death, and the Muk's poison most certainly increasing in potency due to the environment. Years of abuse have left it more noxious than ever. Yet, the Pinsir leaps forward and crushes the Muk beneath his heel with a High Horsepower. The hungry Muk lets out a... slurping sound as it is hit. Was it so distracted by hunger it wasn't registering pain? No matter, as you see the Muk drench Crusher in Venom, waiting for the poison to do its work and weaken the Pinsir...

Goggles, on the other hand, finds the environment not to be favorable. The Vibrava starts to beat his wings furiously, trying to entrap his foe in a Sand Tomb. It sort of works, but the boggy waters start to cake with some of the sand, making the move less effective. The Muk, however, seems to create a bright, luminous orb and fires it straight at Goggles. The Vibrava screams out in pain, the super effective Moonblast dealing a nasty hit onto the Vibrava. He gets back up and channels an Earth Power into the ground. The swampy earth beneath churns as it bursts beneath the Muk... and lets out an awful odor. The Muk, obviously pained, points at the Vibrava and Disables Earth Power. This one seems to be much smarter... and you notice something jutting out from it. It looked... rocky, but not like the crystals of an Alolan Muk.

What do you do?

Emi-

You start to speak your fancy words and have your fancy thoughts. Fancy. This man was here to scam you, set you up with property that wasn't even worth a dime. Why would he even be here in the first place? Why in a hotel room, of all places? If a landlord wished to speak with you about buying this hotel, surely it would be in a nicer location than this? No, there was something very wrong about this man.

Your Pokemon, however, finds nothing of interest as she trapezes around the room. Old cassettes, wind-up keys, and pencils, and why were there empty bottles of olive oil under one of the beds? Not to mention coffee just... littered around the room in those little chain latte cups. Most of it smelled stale to Scylla. Nothing of interest. Nothing of value. Not in Fizzytopia, at the very least.

"Oh, ma'am, I assure you this is the most wonderful business proposal. Think about it! A Grand Hotel, right here in New Wirral! Where there are no hotels at all! No place for people to sleep after a day's journey. Except for the musty outdoors. How would they get their suits cleaned? This mock-up room is just one of many mass-produced models. If you're interested, I can show you our higher-end suites. And if you invest now, the return-on-interest would be Through. The. ROOF!" the man starts to hustle you in his, singsongy, monotonous tone. You could tell based on some of the words he was saying that... you had somehow glitched through to a different reality. That this hotel room was no longer in Fizzytopia. 404 Error, indeed...

What do you do?

It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-25-2024, 08:31 PM   #337
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Analyzing the situation, and realizing Genesect's willing to help you out, you look at the Muks and send out another Pokemon. Goggles the Vibrava. Of course, this on;y makes your Wormadam even more peeved that she can't participate. You kept reassuring her that it was for her safety. Yet, time would only tell how long the squirming bagworm in your arms would stay content with that answer.

You had your Pinsir and Vibrava take on two separate Muks, and hear Genesect dealing with the third Muk behind you. From the squelching sounds, you can tell it was winning. One last thing to worry about, at the very least. So, it was time for Crusher and Goggles to do their best against their respective Muks. At the very least, you hoped that they would fare well.

Crusher began his duel by focusing his energy. You see the Muk look at the Pinsir with ravenous eyes and spew a Toxic towards the Pinsir. You see him ingest the poison, and it starts to work its way through his bloodstream. The Pinsir looks like death, and the Muk's poison most certainly increasing in potency due to the environment. Years of abuse have left it more noxious than ever. Yet, the Pinsir leaps forward and crushes the Muk beneath his heel with a High Horsepower. The hungry Muk lets out a... slurping sound as it is hit. Was it so distracted by hunger it wasn't registering pain? No matter, as you see the Muk drench Crusher in Venom, waiting for the poison to do its work and weaken the Pinsir...

Goggles, on the other hand, finds the environment not to be favorable. The Vibrava starts to beat his wings furiously, trying to entrap his foe in a Sand Tomb. It sort of works, but the boggy waters start to cake with some of the sand, making the move less effective. The Muk, however, seems to create a bright, luminous orb and fires it straight at Goggles. The Vibrava screams out in pain, the super effective Moonblast dealing a nasty hit onto the Vibrava. He gets back up and channels an Earth Power into the ground. The swampy earth beneath churns as it bursts beneath the Muk... and lets out an awful odor. The Muk, obviously pained, points at the Vibrava and Disables Earth Power. This one seems to be much smarter... and you notice something jutting out from it. It looked... rocky, but not like the crystals of an Alolan Muk.

What do you do?
The battle got off to quite the iffy start. Even with Genesect tackling one of the Muk itself, the two that ZZLZZ was trying to deal with weren't going down so easily. One of them blasted Crusher with a highly potent Toxic that immediately made him look deathly ill. Crusher's High Horsepower didn't seem to be fazing Muk very much, despite being super effective, and the Pinsir was fed a Venom Drench for his troubles. Goggles, meanwhile, was having trouble of his own- Sand Tomb was caking up the boggy waters, reducing the move's effectiveness, and the Muk responded with a super effective Moonblast, eliciting a horrified shriek from the Wormadam in ZZLZZ's arms. Goggles, however, got right back up and went for an Earth Power, which had the side effect of loosing a horrible odor. Muk then went for a Disable, preventing further use of what had to be the most effective move in that entire exchange.

Sandy was incensed by this point, positively thrashing about in ZZLZZ's grip. "Dam worma worma worma!" she sputtered.

"Sandy, you have to wait, didn't you see what that water was doing with the Sand Tomb? I don't want it to happen to your cloak!"

"WORMa worma!" Sandy spat. It didn't take fluency in Wormadam language to know that Sandy had just said "to hell with my fucking cloak!".

"Vibrav."

Sandy blinked. Goggles had approached in the midst of her ranting and thrashing. The Vibrava locked eyes with the Wormadam, smiling faintly. Sandy blushed vibrantly. "Worm worma..." she murmured.

"Goggles, thank you," smiled ZZLZZ. "Sandy... I know how badly you want to be in on this. I really do, you have to believe me. But your cloak..."

"Vibra, brava vi," offered Goggles, holding out his two front legs, as though offering to carry something. Or rather... someone.

"Goggles, I... well... I mean, if you were fully evolved, maybe, but the way you are now, I can't imagine you successfully carrying Sandy- oh!" ZZLZZ gasped, for the Vibrava, almost assuredly in direct, explicit response to his Trainer's words, started to glow. Spindly legs gained thickness and definition, the wingspan widened, the tail thickened and lengthened impressively, and at once, the newly evolved deftly scooped his girlfriend up out of ZZLZZ's arms and held her close to his chest.

ZZLZZ's mouth hung open, but only for a second, before it morphed into a smile. "All right, then," she relented. "Just be careful, the both of you."

"Fly flyyy!" screeched Goggles.

"Dam worma worma!" nodded ZZLZZ.

ZZLZZ then turned to look at Crusher, continuing to smile. Pinsir, of course, lacked the physical features necessary to reciprocate this, but something in Crusher's eyes said it all anyway. Venom Drench was a nasty technique, for sure, but all it was impacting on Crusher was his Special Attack and his Speed. Only two out of three, and the one left out was the most important of the bunch to Crusher. A rare instance of his Hyper Cutter coming in clutch. "All right, let's roll!" ZZLZZ declared. "Sandy, use Struggle Bug, then hit the left Muk with your Confusion attack! Crusher, Liquidation, but aim for the right one, and counterattack with Revenge if you get hit! Goggles, use Rock Slide, hit them both, then follow up with a Dragon Tail on the left one!

Quote:
What? Vibrava is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Vibrava evolved into Flygon!

*Goggles learned Dragon Claw!*

*Goggles learned Dragon Dance!*

*Goggles learned Outrage!*

*Goggles learned Superpower!*
Old 01-31-2024, 12:19 PM   #338
Lil'twick
Reload

Litwick I got dirt on my name, six feet in the ground

Missingno. Master-

With a heartfelt exchange between your Wormadam and now Flygon, the battle continues. You decide that if these Muk were going to play dirty, so would you. Three on two fight. Well, if that's what it took to get out of the mess, then so be it. From the sounds of it, the Genesect with you was handling its own just fine. So, with a deep breath of nasty bog air, you give your team their orders.

Sandy starts by firing off a Struggle Bug, hitting both Muks for not-very-effective damage. However, that wasn't the point. Lowering their special attacks was the point, and you could see both Muks recoil slightly. Crusher then comes running up to the smarter Muk, using a Liquidation attack to pierce through the Muk. As the waters are unleashed, you notice it wash away some of the surrounding grime. Hmm... Maybe best to put a pin on that. Then, Goggles adds to the assault, using a Rock Slide attack.

Both Muk look at each other, the one Goggles having fought looking worse for wear than the other at this point. So, you see the smarter one give a resolute nod to the hungry one... and you see it start to glow. You couldn't tell what the move was, but the next few moments happened in a flash. The sound of a large BOOM, and the most awful, fetid scent you've ever heard in your life. Light fills your eyes, and you then see a metallic husk standing guard in front of you. Looking around, you didn't see the other Muk now, but all of your Pokemon looked to be in terrible shape. From the looks of it... It exploded. And the hungry Muk had a small, green bubble drop from around it. Protect.

Yet, your team wouldn't fold. WOuldn't yield. Sandy sends out a Confusion attack that warps the mental state of the last remaining Muk, causing it to grip its head in confusion. Goggles then swoops in with a powerful dragon tail, sending the Muk flying! Towards the forest, where you hear a SPLAT. It's a Muk, it'll be fine... right? It can just reform itself.

For defeating the Muks, your team has gained two levels each!

You look behind you and see the last Muk had been quickly dispatched by the Genesect. You can see it looks a little worse for wear from the Explosion, but nowhere near as badly as your team. Yet, these hungry adversaries were defeated... but this island lurked with dangers. Genesect looked at you with a concerned look on its face and looked towards the barrels. It wanted to check them. You could see that while it was heavily focused on cleaning the island, it's also been looking for something. And that's when you finally notice it... Its drive slot was empty. But why?

What do you do?

It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-31-2024, 12:55 PM   #339
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

With a heartfelt exchange between your Wormadam and now Flygon, the battle continues. You decide that if these Muk were going to play dirty, so would you. Three on two fight. Well, if that's what it took to get out of the mess, then so be it. From the sounds of it, the Genesect with you was handling its own just fine. So, with a deep breath of nasty bog air, you give your team their orders.

Sandy starts by firing off a Struggle Bug, hitting both Muks for not-very-effective damage. However, that wasn't the point. Lowering their special attacks was the point, and you could see both Muks recoil slightly. Crusher then comes running up to the smarter Muk, using a Liquidation attack to pierce through the Muk. As the waters are unleashed, you notice it wash away some of the surrounding grime. Hmm... Maybe best to put a pin on that. Then, Goggles adds to the assault, using a Rock Slide attack.

Both Muk look at each other, the one Goggles having fought looking worse for wear than the other at this point. So, you see the smarter one give a resolute nod to the hungry one... and you see it start to glow. You couldn't tell what the move was, but the next few moments happened in a flash. The sound of a large BOOM, and the most awful, fetid scent you've ever heard in your life. Light fills your eyes, and you then see a metallic husk standing guard in front of you. Looking around, you didn't see the other Muk now, but all of your Pokemon looked to be in terrible shape. From the looks of it... It exploded. And the hungry Muk had a small, green bubble drop from around it. Protect.

Yet, your team wouldn't fold. WOuldn't yield. Sandy sends out a Confusion attack that warps the mental state of the last remaining Muk, causing it to grip its head in confusion. Goggles then swoops in with a powerful dragon tail, sending the Muk flying! Towards the forest, where you hear a SPLAT. It's a Muk, it'll be fine... right? It can just reform itself.

For defeating the Muks, your team has gained two levels each!

You look behind you and see the last Muk had been quickly dispatched by the Genesect. You can see it looks a little worse for wear from the Explosion, but nowhere near as badly as your team. Yet, these hungry adversaries were defeated... but this island lurked with dangers. Genesect looked at you with a concerned look on its face and looked towards the barrels. It wanted to check them. You could see that while it was heavily focused on cleaning the island, it's also been looking for something. And that's when you finally notice it... Its drive slot was empty. But why?

What do you do?
With Goggles having evolved, and Sandy finally in on the fight, the Muk suddenly weren't looking so hot. This was made especially evident by their counterattack- a Protect and Explosion combination. A last-ditch effort, but nevertheless effective, forcing ZZLZZ to brace herself, as her Pokémon all dove to shield her from the blast as best they could. The best that could be said was that this move dispatched the smarter Muk, tipping the numbers all the more in ZZLZZ's favor. Indeed, the hungry Muk didn't get another move in edgewise, as it was subject to Sandy's Confusion and Goggles's Dragon Tail, the latter of which sent it flying far away, ending the battle then and freaking there. And not a moment too soon, either, with ZZLZZ's team looking significantly worse for wear from the blast, to say nothing of the hits they'd taken thus far.

ZZLZZ exhaled. She'd heard the splat, but she knew better than to worry- Muk were able to withstand impacts like that. Bugs might be her area of expertise, but her best friend's father was an authority on Poison-types. Suffice to say, she'd picked up more than a few facts here and there. She felt sorry for the Muk- they were clearly only doing this out of hunger, but at the same time, this place had to be cleaned up. "OK," she said in quiet relief. "Are- are you all OK?" she added, looking at her Pokémon. The Flygon, Sandy Cloak Wormadam, and Pinsir were all looking battered and weary from the fight, especially from that Explosion, but they were still standing, tired but triumphant. Looking behind her, she could see that the third Muk had been dealt with by Genesect. The Mythical Pokémon looked a bit worn from the Explosion, but wasn't too badly hurt by the resisted move. She smiled reassuringly at Genesect. "We're OK," she said.

Then, however, she saw that Genesect was now looking at the barrels. "...You want to check them? But what for- wait a second," ZZLZZ murmured, as she now got a look at the back of Genesect's head. She knew about the head-mounted cannon, of course, but she also knew about the drives. A variety of cartridges that served to change the type of Genesect's special attack. And Genesect had a slot for the drives in the back of the cannon. Except the cartridge slot on this Genesect's cannon was empty. "...are you looking for your drives?" ZZLZZ asked. "Well, we'll help you with that," she stated. "But first, I think we could all use some of these," she added, reaching into her bag and pulling out three Gold Berries, as well as a Full Restore. She sprayed the Full Restore on her Pinsir, then gave two of the three Gold Berries to Goggles and Sandy. Then, she offered the last Gold Berry to Genesect. "Eat this, it'll help you feel better," she said. The Gold Berry visually glitched up in her hand along with her, but other than that it was perfectly good. "And then we'll help look for those drives, OK?"

(OOC: Gold Berries are #8-10 out of 10, Full Restore is #2 of 2)

*Crusher grew to level 26!*

*Crusher learned Submission!*

*Crusher grew to level 27!*

*Sandy grew to level 21*

*Sandy grew to level 22!*

*Goggles grew to level 46!*

*Goggles grew to level 47!*

*Goggles learned Boomburst!*

*Goggles learned Dragon Rush!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-31-2024 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 04:00 AM   #340
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Electric Blue Eye:

As Layla's Spiritomb tried to speak, she makes a sound that could only be described as all 108 spirits it was comprised of trying to say something all at once, drowning each other out. The Spiritomb's face briefly shifts into a frown, turning away from you for a brief moment before you hear a cacophony of noises (with Fox telling you in sign language that the Spiritomb was sort of talking to itself in a really creepy way that Fox couldn't really comprehend), until one finally rises above the rest. She turns around, and it is this rather pleasant-sounding noise that you hear thereafter - though you don't understand it.

Fox backs you up, pointing to a table and a seat behind where you found Layla before, as the Spiritomb hops (or more like dragging her anchoring keystone) over to it. With Fox's sign language, you realize that the Spiritomb is initially trying to describe what it remembers of another passenger on the train, starting with their possessions. Fox tries to mime an L and a flat horizontal line back at you, seemingly the only descriptions the Spiritomb could come up with. The Spiritomb then starts describing another object, which Fox mimes as an O.

You hear another cacophony of noises from the Spiritomb, with Fox telling you through sign language that it appears the Spiritomb is having yet another internal disagreement over the seeming lack of progress. Finally, the Spiritomb's 108 brains come up with a brilliant idea. The face that the swirling mass of spirits is made of twist into the shape of what appears to be a laptop, and as you, Fox, and Luna notice this, a silver laptop with its lid shut appears on the table next to you. The Spiritomb's face shifts back into a smile, before turning into a circle with a small dot in the middle. At first, you think it's a Pokeball, which causes a surprising sight to appear at your feet - a shattered purple Pokeball underneath the table, with an M etched on one of the shards.

Even the Spiritomb is surprised, judging by the literal question mark floating on her face. Evidently, that was not one of the things she remembered. She tries describing what she remembered again, this time the O shape turning into a flat line. Suddenly, you hear a voice, coming from the seat facing the laptop. That of a young man, followed by sounds of something pounding on the table.

"Damn it! Why can't I get this blasted thing open? That blank TM isn't going to write itself!"

You immediately realize what the second object that the Spiritomb was trying to describe was, and a TM appears next to the laptop, though you're not sure what data is contained within. You don't perceive the source of the voice, but considering what happened upon your first arrival to the train, you try flipping the laptop open yourself. The pounding sound stops as you see two fists rest on the table on opposite sides of the now-opened laptop, and the rest of the body reveals itself as the Spiritomb starts describing more specific details that Fox is able to communicate to you and Luna.

"Ah, finally. A useful servant on this train," the blond-haired man grunts at you. He is dressed in the same scientific gown as Layla was, and you do see a name tag as described by the Spiritomb, though it is blank for now, as none among the mass of 108 spirits ever caught his name. The scientist seems to look around for a moment with increasing bewilderment. "What in the hell is this? Did I order too much of the bad swill that they call drinks on this train?"

How are you going to break the news to this scientist, and what questions should you ask?

Last edited by Alilatias; 02-09-2024 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:45 PM   #341
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Umbreon

Quote:
Electric Blue Eye:

As Layla's Spiritomb tried to speak, she makes a sound that could only be described as all 108 spirits it was comprised of trying to say something all at once, drowning each other out. The Spiritomb's face briefly shifts into a frown, turning away from you for a brief moment before you hear a cacophony of noises (with Fox telling you in sign language that the Spiritomb was sort of talking to itself in a really creepy way that Fox couldn't really comprehend), until one finally rises above the rest. She turns around, and it is this rather pleasant-sounding noise that you hear thereafter - though you don't understand it.

Fox backs you up, pointing to a table and a seat behind where you found Layla before, as the Spiritomb hops (or more like dragging her anchoring keystone) over to it. With Fox's sign language, you realize that the Spiritomb is initially trying to describe what it remembers of another passenger on the train, starting with their possessions. Fox tries to mime an L and a flat horizontal line back at you, seemingly the only descriptions the Spiritomb could come up with. The Spiritomb then starts describing another object, which Fox mimes as an O.

You hear another cacophony of noises from the Spiritomb, with Fox telling you through sign language that it appears the Spiritomb is having yet another internal disagreement over the seeming lack of progress. Finally, the Spiritomb's 108 brains come up with a brilliant idea. The face that the swirling mass of spirits is made of twist into the shape of what appears to be a laptop, and as you, Fox, and Luna notice this, a silver laptop with its lid shut appears on the table next to you. The Spiritomb's face shifts back into a smile, before turning into a circle with a small dot in the middle. At first, you think it's a Pokeball, which causes a surprising sight to appear at your feet - a shattered purple Pokeball underneath the table, with an M etched on one of the shards.

Even the Spiritomb is surprised, judging by the literal question mark floating on her face. Evidently, that was not one of the things she remembered. She tries describing what she remembered again, this time the O shape turning into a flat line. Suddenly, you hear a voice, coming from the seat facing the laptop. That of a young man, followed by sounds of something pounding on the table.

"Damn it! Why can't I get this blasted thing open? That blank TM isn't going to write itself!"

You immediately realize what the second object that the Spiritomb was trying to describe was, and a TM appears next to the laptop, though you're not sure what data is contained within. You don't perceive the source of the voice, but considering what happened upon your first arrival to the train, you try flipping the laptop open yourself. The pounding sound stops as you see two fists rest on the table on opposite sides of the now-opened laptop, and the rest of the body reveals itself as the Spiritomb starts describing more specific details that Fox is able to communicate to you and Luna.

"Ah, finally. A useful servant on this train," the blond-haired man grunts at you. He is dressed in the same scientific gown as Layla was, and you do see a name tag as described by the Spiritomb, though it is blank for now, as none among the mass of 108 spirits ever caught his name. The scientist seems to look around for a moment with increasing bewilderment. "What in the hell is this? Did I order too much of the bad swill that they call drinks on this train?"

How are you going to break the news to this scientist, and what questions should you ask?
Fox did his best, having turned into the ten year old little boy his persona seemed to embody, while those of the Zorua line had a habit of using their illusionary abilities to live among the populous, he was also half ghost and the trainer often wondered if Zorua in a previous life might have one point been human himself.

The boy was average looking with dark black hair, though a strike of brown, reddish clump of hair stuck out in the front of his forehead, he wore a white t-shirt and blue sweater zipper jacket over it and had normal jeans and tennis shoes, the boy was fair in complexion, particularly snow white and piercing blue eyes like crystal ice, he smiled weakly when he would look at his trainer, he was still relatively shy, if he was in his Hisuian form he would probably have his face buried in his coat.

The boy did the best he could to communicate simple words and letters to Ethan in sign language.

Taking a look at the ever swirling mass of spirits that made their home in the ghost/dark type was hard and Ethan figured that this must be just but a sample of what the lord of hell must see down in the human realm of the underworld, though those myths were stories humans came up with, Ethan often wondered if there was a distinction to a god of the world that took the form of a human, he knew them as Hades, if Hades often looked at The River Styx like he was at the Spiritomb that struggled to commune with them, he’d surely have gone mad by now.

Eventually they managed to get what they needed out of it, “A Laptop and a…” Ethan paid some attention to the sort of shape Fox was trying to make, “A disc?” As he got up he accidentally stepped on what looked like a broken piece of half of a Masterball.

As they opened up the laptop to find clues the spirit that was lingering in secret appeared, Ethan had a second chance to approach a human ghost and not just directly tell them that they were already dead, he had already made it painfully obvious to Giratina earlier he lacked a fair bit of sensitivity.

If only the lord of the reverse world knew, that he was just too messed up to sugar coat things. He had grown up but a lot of times his mouth and what came out of it was often unfiltered.

“Alright…um…what can I say to get you to understand…you see…” seeing her trainer struggle to get the words out, Luna decided to jolt him with a mild amount of electricity that she managed to retain from her brief time as a Jolteon, “Owww!” Ethan jumped in his seat, “YOU’RE DEAD. D.E.A.D. DEAD. Like dead as a door nail, your time on earth has unfortunately come into an abrupt end and your life is basically over…but.” Ethan suddenly paused, “That doesn’t mean it’s completely over, your spirit is trapped here, you’ve perished from a possible connection with the very train you happen to be riding in on,” Ethan went on to explain the circumstances the spirit unknowingly found himself in, the train that rode the eternal, ever infinite tracks of the world in between that of the living and that of the reverse world, how he was tasked in helping those that needed a little additional help moving on and the lord that needed to see to it their acceptance of their fate…

“I think that about covers everything…” the trainer looked down at his Umbreon, patting her on the head for giving him an additional push herself in what he was holding back from saying. ‘Thanks.’

“Breee~”

“Were you perhaps working on a TM/TR or some kind of code involving a Pokeball before you died?”
Old 02-13-2024, 06:30 PM   #342
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey I have a dream, I'm here to tell: About a wonderful, fantastic new hotel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Restaurant: Within the hotel and through a set of ornate double-doors lies what used to be one of the finest restaurants in the world. All of its tables and chairs remain untouched and the food seems to be frozen in time, no signs of decay at all even after all these years. Candelabras decorate the tables but they have been seen flying around the room. The kitchen has become a dangerous place, however, located through a saloon door behind the food counters. The walls, still lined with the sinister, sharp utensils previously used by the various chefs glint in the moonlight and seem to sway on their own. A wrong move could lead to you being the latest delicacy.
“Are you guys sure this is the right place?”

Jess glanced down at the dusty travel catalogue held in her hands as she squinted intently at the faded letters, running ink clearly long-ruined by age and water damage. The only surviving image she could make out was the center splash depicting what appeared to be a large theme park, prominently featuring a Rayquaza-shaped rollercoaster almost about to leap off the page at the viewer. Recalling her own horrid experience with the rickety death contraption during the Fizzy Fright Fest, Jess had unfortunately recognized the condemned Rollerquaza immediately, but still secretly hoped she might somehow be proven wrong once they arrived at the destination.

Kasuri hovered over her shoulder and merely nodded, normally dull and overcast pale pink eyes shining with excitement. How the Galarian Corsola came to be in possession of the parchment was a mystery, but based on what the girl had gathered about her history, she must have spent a long time cooped up on that island, during which at some point another lost traveler must’ve washed ashore with the brochure. (What became of the poor soul when faced with the same trials Kief, Kanna, and Yufi barely escaped with their hides intact – Jess shuddered to think.)

Beside her, Haruki watched the ghostly coral with stars in his own eyes, completely oblivious to the desolation of their current surroundings incongruous with the colorful illustration advertised on the flier. Still, when comparing the scenes side-by-side, Jess surmised the vestiges of debris did seem to match up to landmarks to a degree – thus begrudgingly confirming they were indeed at the correct location according to the (badly outdated) booklet. The fact most of the rides were broken down and attractions closed didn’t seem to bother the duo of Corsola much though; as Kas curiously explored the demolished fairgrounds with whimsical delight anyway, and Haru was too distracted by her fair presence to pay heed to anything else. Jess shrugged and shook her head with a smile to see them both so besmitten by their respective objectives. So long as the pair seemed happy, she supposed there was no harm in letting the two roam about freely in pursuit of their own romantic dreams – however odd they may look to an outsider.

Peering back down at the pamphlet, she noticed a towering building in the background of the picture, and recalled that the amusement park also once boasted an accompanying fancy five-star hotel for guests. Considering she hadn’t a chance to check it out before, she was admittedly somewhat curious to see what kinds of luxury amenities the place might have. As they approached the main entrance, Haruki hurried first to simultaneously prove his politeness and strength by holding open the rusted heavy door for his date – despite the fact she could probably have easily passed through herself if she wanted to. Granting her gallant and chivalrous knight a smile, the couple crossed over the threshold – and said preoccupied prince released his grip so the gate smacked straight in his trainer’s face as a result.

Rubbing her nose in annoyance as Jess began to remember why she personally didn’t much care for romance, she pushed past the unintended slight to follow suit, as she was still charged with acting as designated chaperone. Taking a moment to gawk at the marvelous marble floor tile and grand chandeliers overhead, the group’s attention was drawn to another set of ornate double doors leading presumably to what was once a world-class Restaurant, run by the finest Michelin chefs. Haruki adjusted the decorative dark blue bowtie he was sporting for the occasion and bowed elegantly to his partner, eager to treat her to a deluxe dining experience like no other. (Ignoring the fact the food was doubtless all spoiled by now, and that she likely didn’t even feel any sensation of hunger pangs anymore.) Jess rolled her eyes slightly with a smirk as the ghost giggled and took his hand, as the two lovers blissfully entered together (plus one third wheel), preparing for perhaps the meal of a (non)lifetime…

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-14-2024 at 08:54 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 03:00 PM   #343
Lil'twick
Reload

Litwick I got people in my past try bringin' me down

Missingno. Master- As you heal up your team, you look toward the hard-working Genesect. You offer a Gold Berry to the Android bug, and it looks at it with curiosity. From the looks of it, berries most likely wouldn't have been able to grow here for years. Well before the rise and fall of the theme park that inhabited the island over. And this Genesect... well, this island was probably all it knew of this time. Of this place. So, hesitantly, it took the berry and consumed it.

Once it did, you could see its eyes light up. It looked recharged, and it headed over to the barrels with gusto. You watch as the Genesect opens the barrels, looking through the dilapidated remains. Whatever waste was in here, you could smell that it wasn't worth trying to dig through yourself. Though, you see Genesect's eyes seemingly light up and you see it REACH in there. With a splooching noise, you see it retrieve something.

A basic, orange disk. One was a standard model with the base Genesect. While this wasn't one of its four special drives, this would at least allow it to use all of its basic functionalities. It was as if by fate, found with you being here. Well, that was a good thing. You watch as the Genesect emits a Metal Sound, the force of it easily cleaning off the drive. It then inserts it into the empty slot... and stops. It remains motionless for a few minutes, before blinking and looking at you. It points towards the abandoned power plant, and motions for you to follow.

What do you do?

It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies

Fizzy Bubbles
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #344
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- As you heal up your team, you look toward the hard-working Genesect. You offer a Gold Berry to the Android bug, and it looks at it with curiosity. From the looks of it, berries most likely wouldn't have been able to grow here for years. Well before the rise and fall of the theme park that inhabited the island over. And this Genesect... well, this island was probably all it knew of this time. Of this place. So, hesitantly, it took the berry and consumed it.

Once it did, you could see its eyes light up. It looked recharged, and it headed over to the barrels with gusto. You watch as the Genesect opens the barrels, looking through the dilapidated remains. Whatever waste was in here, you could smell that it wasn't worth trying to dig through yourself. Though, you see Genesect's eyes seemingly light up and you see it REACH in there. With a splooching noise, you see it retrieve something.

A basic, orange disk. One was a standard model with the base Genesect. While this wasn't one of its four special drives, this would at least allow it to use all of its basic functionalities. It was as if by fate, found with you being here. Well, that was a good thing. You watch as the Genesect emits a Metal Sound, the force of it easily cleaning off the drive. It then inserts it into the empty slot... and stops. It remains motionless for a few minutes, before blinking and looking at you. It points towards the abandoned power plant, and motions for you to follow.

What do you do?
Genesect regarded the Gold Berry curiously. Berries were kind of a foreign concept to in this time, what with the sad state of their present environment. Hesitantly, it accepted the berry, but once it consumed it, ZZLZZ could see its eyes light up. She smiled at this, and watched as Genesect headed over to the barrels with vigor anew. It opened the barrels, dug through their malodorous contents. However, Genesect's eyes lit up again, and it reached deep into one of the barrels. And as it extracted something from within, ZZLZZ understood at once- a basic orange disk, the standard sort that Genesect typically had inserted when not one of the special elementally-charged drives. It cleaned off the basic drive with ingenious use of Metal Sound, then inserted the drive into the empty slot.

ZZLZZ watched patiently as Genesect stopped, remaining motionless for a few minutes. She'd read about the four drives- Shock, Burn, Chill, and Douse- that changed the typing of Genesect's special attack, but now that she thought about it, any depiction she'd seen of it when not having one of those four drives inserted would instead show it with this thing. She'd thought little of it, figuring it to be a placeholder of sorts, like that little insert for the Game Boy Advance slot on a Nintendo DS Lite- just a cover for the port to prevent dust from getting in or whatever. But, apparently not- whatever this basic orange drive was, it certainly seemed far more important to Genesect than that, if it seemed to need to reboot its brain upon inserting it.

At last, Genesect blinked, looking at ZZLZZ again. "Is that better, Genesect?" she asked. In lieu of an answer, Genesect pointed towards the abandoned power plant, and then motioned for ZZLZZ to follow. "In there?" she said. "All right- if that's where you think those drives are, then we'll help you look," she stated.

"Gon gonnn!" trilled Goggles, nodding firmly in agreement.

"Worm Wormadam!" added Sandy.

"Ssssssir!" Crusher hissed in agreement.

ZZLZZ looked at her Pokémon, smiling proudly. "I knew I could count on you all to help, too," she said. Then, she turned back to Genesect, looking determined and confident even as she glitched out, shouldering her Butterfree net. Exactly how much use she would get out of that on this particular adventure, she didn't know, but like hell was she going anywhere without her Bug Maniac-grade Insect Incarcerator 2020 Deluxe. "Lead the way and we'll follow," she said to Genesect with a smile. Meanwhile, she found herself thinking about her girlfriend, and the promise they made to each other. She couldn't believe her amazing luck in coming across Genesect almost right away, even if catching it didn't seem to be on the table just quite yet, and was hoping that Maribel was having similar luck in her search for Spectrier. Yes... surely she had to be having good luck in that, right? She was such a great and awesome Trainer. It was hard for ZZLZZ to imagine her girlfriend not having good luck in her search.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles