UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 01-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Snorlax Feedback Discussion: Dynamax Raid Battles

Now that our very first Dynamax Raid Battle is in the books, I would like to take the time to open things up for discussion and get everyone's feedback on what they thought about it. Some things to consider and please keep in mind for discussion:
  • That was the first battle ever, and because of that I tried to keep things very simple. Going forward I will be looking to improve the amount of detail that goes into damage calculation without putting too much of a burden on how long it takes to update each round.
  • I am curious to know if everyone felt that the round updates were too fast, too slow, or just right.
  • Did anyone have any issue with the rules that were placed before the battle began?
  • Obviously a big question on a lot of people's minds (pun not intended): Will trainers' Pokemon eventually be able to Dynamax? Another thing that we will be looking into going down the line
  • Will Gigantamax Pokemon be capturable? Another topic that we will be looking into but do not have an answer at this time.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I wasn't in the raid so I can't really comment on the first few, but as for the other two, I feel they're both kind of the same question. Catching Gigantamax mons and then not being able to gigantamax them is a bit of a depresso moment, and I can't think of any barrier that would allow Dynamax but forbid Gigantamax.

As for allowing Dynamax... idk. I feel there was a reason the Boutique had a cap on how big you could make Pokemon. Kaijumon sound cool, but honestly idk if it's going to be all that workable within the realms of fizzby. Count me against.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
I wasn't in the raid so I can't really comment on the first few, but as for the other two, I feel they're both kind of the same question. Catching Gigantamax mons and then not being able to gigantamax them is a bit of a depresso moment, and I can't think of any barrier that would allow Dynamax but forbid Gigantamax.

As for allowing Dynamax... idk. I feel there was a reason the Boutique had a cap on how big you could make Pokemon. Kaijumon sound cool, but honestly idk if it's going to be all that workable within the realms of fizzby. Count me against.
I think you might have misunderstood/misread something. Dynamax pokemon will be coming to FB, but there will be a specific time and place where they can happen, just like in the games. And additionally, gigantamax pokemon will be a part of that, though like I said the details on how they will be obtainable are still unclear at this time.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:06 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

1: I had no issue with the pacing of the updates for this event, personally. While I was able to RP all my replies, I think making the RP optional while allowing those that do RP to claim cash and Bond for it is a good idea. It's something that can really work with people's schedules, rewarding RP without screwing over those who don't have the time for it.

2: As for Trainers Dynamaxing in FB, I'm all for it, both in general and in the context of Max Raid Battles. Obviously not everyone should be able to Dynamax in a single raid, that'd get a little crazy. OK, extremely crazy. My point stands- it'd be insane. My thinking is, when having people sign up for a raid, have everyone specify whether they'd actually Dynamax their mon if given the opportunity, and those that say they would, just... do what the games do, cycle through them every round until one of them Dynamaxes. Maybe randomly generate the order, if not just allow it in the order in which those people signed up for the raid.

3: Gigantamax mons should be available to us. Not just for capture, either- my opinion, pre-existing Pokémon should be given the option to gain the Gigantamax factor. Maybe create an item that can be used on a Gigantamax-capable species to give that mon the Gigantamax factor, and make it either obtainable in zones in a similar manner to how we obtain Mega Stones and Z-Crystals. As for what kind of item that would be... what if I told you there was already an item in the games which, while it doesn't actually do this, would nevertheless be thematically fitting for this purpose? I'm speaking, of course, of the rare curry ingredient Gigantamix.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Missingno knows everything, listen to him.
Jokes aside, I think the battle went very smoothly and would like to see more of that in the future. As for our pokemon Dyna/G-Maxing, I agree that it should be possible as it is in the games - in specific places, at specific times. I can think of more than a few areas in FB already that would make good Power Spots. As for there being an item, I don't know if that's quite right, but there should be requirements. Perhaps only Pokémon of a certain level or above can Dynamax? Or of a certain Bond or above? Maybe even both. Gigantamax Pokémon are almost too good not too include, as story devices, epic battles, and huge achievements to catch. For now it's all speculation, but that's my two cents.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #6
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

There were just right. They came at the right time, but that's for me. I think bond should definetely come into play for Dynamaxing capabilities. It just feels right. Also, trainers who own gigantamaxable Pokemon should be free to, if they have the right requirements of course.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development