UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Old 01-08-2023, 10:35 AM   #51
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder-

Just deciding to not even interact with the previous egg, you make your way toward the seaside waterfall. Despite your team's usual antics, there was anxiety welling up within you. This was, after all, your final egg. What if you didn't like what you found? What if this wasn't the partner you dreamed about? Only the Springtide Pyukumuku knew, and you had a feeling it would shunt you out of its territory once you stumbled onto an egg.

You soon encounter a hot pink egg, nestled next to the water. You could sense untold energy coming from this egg, and what seemed to be a black beak painted onto it. Certainly not something you would expect next to the water... unless? Though, before you could even react, the egg was encased in a bright white light.

You hear a sparkling noise, before the cawing of a Flamigo. Looking at the creature, you notice its feathers are not the same hot pink as the shell encasing it. No, it was pale pink. Seems that for all your luck, you managed to obtain a Shiny Flamigo!

Congratulations, you have obtained a Lv. 1 Shiny Male Flamigo with EM Double Team!

You then hear an eruption from the water as the Springtide Pyukumuku comes in riding on a Cyclizer, it too wearing bunny ears. The Pokemon hands you your very own Tera Orb, before giving a piece sign and riding away on its vehicular lizard. Well, seems it was time to leave the island with your shiny bird in tow.
Cadri found the egg first, the Drilbur squeaking excitedly to draw the rest of the cohort over. A hot pink eggshell with an almost painted-on black swipe, as though the Springtide Pyukumuku had dunked its guts in black paint and swiped it across the egg. Liawe looked at it with trepidation: This would be her final egg this expedition, and she'd have to get moving after this. Vulthuryol, Cadri and Sheut sat expectantly with her: Neither had seen a hatching before, but both the Drilbur and the Aerodactyl were aware of what the egg was. The Baltoy was wholly clueless, but could at least recognise from the other two's reactions and Liawe's own expressions and emotions that this wasn't something to be messing around with.

All eyes turned to the egg as it began to glow, the cracking sounds of the eggshell breaking being heard clearly over the rushing river beside them. Before long, a pale pink neck extended upwards, the head attached regarding the crowd with a look of puzzlement. Not nearly as puzzled as Liawe however, who was wholly bemused by the Pokemon being wholly unlike the egg it came from, not to mention completely different from the image shown on her Pokedex. Baffled wholly, Liawe watches the newborn stand shakily, before catching it in a Premier Ball. She'd meant to use a Pokeball, same as the others, but her bag was bulky and she'd grabbed the wrong one by accident. Guess it wasn't just going to be the Pokemon that was miscoloured...

Arriving back at the Springtide Isle Pop-Up Pokemon Centre, Liawe presented her latest hatchling to the attending nurse, explaining that it had just hatched and that she was fairly sure that it wasn't supposed to be this silvery-pink colour. After a swift set of checks, including a worrying blood test, the verdict came back: The creature is healthy, probably healthier than Liawe given that her foot's only just returned to its original colour and opacity, and that it was in fact, just a Shiny Pokemon, a phenomenon Liawe had never heard of before. Such Pokemon were generally kept on record due to the condition's rarity, and so the Flamigo, now named Phoenicopter, was recorded and, desperate to stretch his wings, joined Vulthuryol in the skies for the flight home.

Landing back at their camp in the Zephyr Valley, Liawe released Phoenicopter once more to meet the rest of the menagerie, the fledgling bird having been recalled due to struggling with the descent into the tumultuous winds that battered the environment. Bursting with excitement, she ran to speak to Kerry about the events of Springtide Isle, including her discovery of Shiny Pokemon, which was met with skepticism by Kerry until she looked at the silver-pink flamingo now stood in the camp clearing, looking quizzically at Kerry's Weedle dangling from an overhead tree branch. Even more skeptical was the claim that Kerry apparently should have known before, as the nurse had mentioned that there was another shiny registered as dwelling in Zephyr Valley: Her own Scyther. Apparently the crimson patches on the bug's legs and chest weren't natural after all. Kerry had passed it off as a dietary thing, the creature being fond of Cheri Berry smoothies. Laughter rang out that night, as the girls welcomed the new arrival.

Thanks for the event guys! Placing Phoenicopter in a Premier Ball.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM   #52
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

KingSalmon:

After reaching out and placing your hand upon the egg, somehow you felt that this wasn't the egg for you. The egg didn't seem to mind either way. It was just as content to stay out in the open. Someone would find it.

Making sure the egg wouldn't get trampled upon, you decided to leave it alone and continued to search the Shrine peeking through and around places that seemed to be big enough to house eggs whilst still not blatantly out within the open. It wasn't long before you chanced upon yet another pokemon egg. This one was rather unusual due to where it was hidden... if you could even call it hidden.

Its bright pink eggshell with a silver diamond marking within the center stood out quite vibrantly around the scrap metal that it was placed within. It seemed to have been placed within a scrap metal nest but that could just be the shape of the metal you supposed. This egg was surely different, but the big question is, was it the one for you?
He felt silly, admittedly, making choices based off the whims of a spoon. Good thing he took extra care to keep the trinket away from Brandt’s gaze or he’d never hear the end of it.

This is ridiculous.

Annoyed at his own lack of self-confidence, he put the Twisted Spoon away and continued his search. He was certain he’d find something around these parts, something that would resonate with him. But nothing stood out among the…

Left.

That thought wasn’t his. That command. And it most certainly did not come from the spoon… did it? But he did as suggested – as told – and looked. And there it was, hidden among a pile of rusty scrap metal: another Egg. This time around, he didn’t even need to inspect it up close – as soon as he laid eyes on it he knew it was the right one.

“Aye, that’s a fine one lad. I’ll be takin’ it now.”

Walking past him with a speed no man his size should have, Brandt suddenly swooped in and lifted the Egg with a single massive hand, miraculously keeping the shell intact.

“What the Hel do you think you’re doing Brandt?!” Arne was equal parts shocked and furious at his older brother’s nerve. “That was my find!”

The man just laughed, loudly as ever, before holding out the Egg as if daring him to come and get it.

“Did ye forget I work with Steel boy? More importantly – did ye forget how we do business?” Despite the wide smile beneath his golden beard, there was an almost imperceptible hint of disappointment in Brandt’s voice. “Ye have no claim on any treasure until it is earned. Until ye fight for it and pry it off yer enemy’s hands.”

Arne stood in disbelief. Was he really doing this? Here, of all places?!

“I’m not fighting you Brandt. Not now. Not when the strange creature that brought these Eggs here could make them vanish on a whim at any moment! We got no time for Pokémon battles right now!”

“… who said I was talking about a Pokémon battle?” Brandt smiled even wider as he cracked his neck. Arne hated when he did either of those things. “I dinnae ken if ye forgot, but I like to handle me own business meself. See if ye can land a punch or take the Egg from me. Either works. Either wins ye the prize.”

[i]He’s insane. I… I have no time for this!”

But he was a northerner. You didn’t need to tell one twice to swing. And so, incensed by Brandt’s… everything, really, he went for a punch, almost oblivious for a moment about the sheer difference in size and strength between the two. Of course, the fist was blocked by Brandt’s free hand and trapped in the man’s vice grip.

“Aye, a shame. Ye really gotta put on some muscle lad. So, what next?”

Kick.

Again the foreign voice, that invading thought. But Arne knew just what it meant, where it was going. So he grinned.

“Sorry brother.”

The foot came flying upwards, hitting Brandt right between the legs with uncaring violence. And with a hit like that, even Ironclad was brought to his knees.

“Oooh… ye little f… I said a punch, ye blood c…”

Or that I take the Egg,” continued Arne as he removed the prize from Brandt’s weakened, trembling hand. “And I did.”

Even as tears flooded his eyes, Brandt let out the loudest laugh so far, almost a roar. “I’ll… be damned!... Not everythin’s ironclad y’know?...”

Arne smiled, genuinely this time, and held out a hand, helping Brandt back to his feet.

“I win this round. But you know, something tells me the Pokemon inside this Egg isn’t really… well, your type. Let’s find out, why don’t we?”

“Aye, maybe it’ll make me feel better, if it’s as ugly as my arseling of a brother...”

Arne could feel it start to shake slightly, and he knew what that signified. Gently, he placed the Egg on the ground, and both men watched the events unfold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OoC: Claiming this Egg!
KingSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #53
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Ex-Admiral Insane:

Your case is rare one – that of a Trainer who departed for Springtide Isle during a documented spatial disruption phenomenon for a reason other than to look for Eggs. Indeed, the finding of this bright pink Egg barely registers as a noteworthy event to you, and you are more than ready to move on and leave it to some other eager Trainer, of which you are sure there will be plenty. But your two companions, who by now are done with their prayers, seem to have something different in mind.

Rags and Scraps kneel closer to the Egg, curious that it begins to shake at their approach. Perhaps it senses them? Indeed, the movements only grow more frequent and intense, until cracks begin to form all across the shell. Finally, in a burst of pink light, the Egg rather fabulously explodes to reveal…

Congratulations You Your Pokémon have hatched a Level 1 Female Tinkatink! It knows the Egg Moves Feint and Quash!

As soon as it’s born, the diminutive Fairy takes up arms, grabbing the metal rod it has mysteriously hatched with. But once it lays eyes on Rags and Scraps, its demeanor softens, and it clumsily approaches the pair like an infant who just learned to walk, looking for a hug of approval.

Just then, riding atop the previous Egg that nearly ran you over earlier, the Sprintide Pyukumuku speeds toward and right past you without a hint of slowing down. It vanishes behind the Koraidon motorbike shop as quickly as it appeared, but when you look down, you notice it left something at your feet. A glistening gem from Paldea – a precious Tera Orb!

Your journey to the Isle has proven fruitful indeed!

((Brief as it was, I hope you enjoyed your time in Springtide Isle and your new companion!))
Old 01-08-2023, 01:21 PM   #54
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

The Rocky Coast – Farther down the coast, the rocky terrain forms magnificent structures and caverns for hiding all manner of things. The eggs hidden here can be mistaken for small boulders, hidden amongst the rough terrain. Please reply in lightslategray.
Gently floating down from some nearby cliffs aboard his Drampa a young man by the name of Rylie looks over The Rocky Coast below, making an effort to survey the land for some of the abandoned eggs reportedly left scattered around the harsh environment in the wake of time-space distortions in Springtide.

As he and his pokemon land a series of additions make their way out of their pokeball, a miniature light show going off as a Falinks, Clobbopus & Sizzlipede appear to lend a proverbial hand.

With a nod from their trainer R.E.S.C.U.E the aforementioned Falinks spreads out and begin inspecting rocks and marking them with their horns upon confirming them as none-eggs before the Clobbopus follows along and clears them away with a Rock Smash.

Meanwhile back at the Drampa Campa Sizzlipede and Rylie begin creating a small and warm nook using some nearby rocks, driftwood and a small bonfire which the Radiator pokemon gladly sets ablaze after the trainer makes sure it won't catch on to the nearby structure.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:38 PM   #55
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Prof. Engima-

Following your Lucario, you make your way down the frigid paths of the ice caverns. This icy cave wasn't exactly where you wished to explore, but you trusted your Pokemon. The aura jackal, after all, hadn't failed you before, so there was no point to doubt them. Even if they led you deep into the icy depths of the island. How did such a tropical island sustain an environment like this anyways? With an active volcano much less.

Though, it wasn't too long before Luca led you to an egg. It was an eggshell white, and quite bulky. You noticed a few lilac curves on it, two on the front, and then two on the back. The two on the back seemed to be invoking the imagery of fins. Though, perhaps the most telling feature of these eggs as the horn jutting out of the top. It seemed this big baby was going to be gargantuan, at least when it first hatched.

Your Lucario puts its paw onto the egg, seeming to be happy with its findings. Perhaps this was the egg it was looking for? Or was it something else that could be found within the caverns? Who knew? The real question now was:

Do you take the egg?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:03 PM   #56
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Zelphon:

Like a well-oiled machine, you spread out your team to cover a wide array of roles. Critically, your Falinks begin(s) to scour the rocky area for anything un-rocky, with little success at first, which means a field day for Clobbopus who essentially gets to smash [i]everything[/b]. Meanwhile, you and your remaining partners manage to get a nice fire going, so all you need to do is wait for the search party to yield results.

The quintuplets cover a large amount of ground fairly quickly, occasionally stumbling on scattered rocks with their stubby limbs but quickly regaining their footing and never losing their professional composure. Behind them a cloud of debris rises in the air, as Clobbopus continues to let loose on any stone that dared not be an Egg. The leader of the Falinks formation, however, hesitates as it reaches one particularly odd-looking rock. Because, in fact, it looks nothing like one. Interestingly, it is something more akin to a ball of mud, but the surface is not nearly as sticky as its color might suggest. That’s a shell!

At its command, the rest of the soldiers gather, and they take turns inspecting the Egg to properly relay their findings to Rylie HQ. The Egg in questions is entirely brown in color, with a faint scent that makes Falinks light-headed, and there are two small pink protrusions on the top third of the shell, one on each side. Clobbopus seems eager to smash the thing anyway, but is summarily ordered to stand down until further notice.

Does this one interest you?
Old 01-08-2023, 02:28 PM   #57
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalmon View Post
Zelphon:

Like a well-oiled machine, you spread out your team to cover a wide array of roles. Critically, your Falinks begin(s) to scour the rocky area for anything un-rocky, with little success at first, which means a field day for Clobbopus who essentially gets to smash [i]everything[/b]. Meanwhile, you and your remaining partners manage to get a nice fire going, so all you need to do is wait for the search party to yield results.

The quintuplets cover a large amount of ground fairly quickly, occasionally stumbling on scattered rocks with their stubby limbs but quickly regaining their footing and never losing their professional composure. Behind them a cloud of debris rises in the air, as Clobbopus continues to let loose on any stone that dared not be an Egg. The leader of the Falinks formation, however, hesitates as it reaches one particularly odd-looking rock. Because, in fact, it looks nothing like one. Interestingly, it is something more akin to a ball of mud, but the surface is not nearly as sticky as its color might suggest. That’s a shell!

At its command, the rest of the soldiers gather, and they take turns inspecting the Egg to properly relay their findings to Rylie HQ. The Egg in questions is entirely brown in color, with a faint scent that makes Falinks light-headed, and there are two small pink protrusions on the top third of the shell, one on each side. Clobbopus seems eager to smash the thing anyway, but is summarily ordered to stand down until further notice.

Does this one interest you?
Taking a keen interest in the strange muddy egg Rylie opts to Hold on to the egg and keep it company by the fire, the trainer holding it comfortably in their lap before ordering their Falinks to bring the rest back to Drampa for safekeeping.

As R.E.S.C.U.E resumes their search Rylie ponders on what could possibly keep causing these strange distortions in Springtide every 3 years or so.

As the trainer continues to ponder R.E.S.C.U.E thankfully makes a much smoother process finding three additional eggs which they opt to hand over to Gramps the Drampa who proceeds to tuck them into his floof.

Nodding to the Dragon pokemon R.E.S.C.U.E watches on as they float away to drop the rest off at a safer location elsewhere before they report back to Rylie who acknowledges their presence by gently placing the egg down gently and distribution a gratuitous amount of praise, treats, and head pats.

Satisfied that the team has done all that they can in the area Rylie recalls his team, the Clobbopus taking the opportunity to pulverize one last boulder before wobbling back over to their Pokeball.

Last edited by Zelphon; 01-08-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:54 PM   #58
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Zelphon

The Egg piques your interest, and you decide to keep that particular one for yourself. Nestling closer to the fire, you place the Egg on your lap, hoping the temperature will help it hatch faster.

And it might, eventually. For a while, all it seems to do is cause it to slowly release an almost invisible cloud of noxious fumes through the pores on the shell, its smell causing your eyes to tear up and your throat to hurt. But, undeterred, you hold on like a proud surrogate parent. Eventually, the Egg begins to shake lightly, then more violently, until cracks start forming along the shell. It would usually explode in a burst of light, of course, but this one mostly oozes mud onto your lap, before revealing…

Congratulations! You hatched a Level 1 Male Paldean Wooper!

Despite the mess it made, it simply yawns lazily and rests its head on your chest, eyes closed before dozing off adorably. It is simultaneously one of the sweetest and most noxious things you’ve ever come into contact with, and the very first of its kind in all of Fizzytopia.

The fire is nice, and you decide to linger for a little while longer – good thing too, because if you’d left, you would have missed the comically oversized white hand-thing bursting through a nearby boulder, in a display that would’ve made Clobbopus jealous, and unceremoniously dropping something near the bonfire before withdrawing somewhere unseen. You take a closer look at the offering to realize it’s a rare gemstone: a Tera Orb!

Your journey to the Isle has proven fruitful indeed!

((Brief as it was, I hope you enjoyed your time in Springtide Isle and your new companion!))
Old 01-08-2023, 08:13 PM   #59
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

KingSalmon: One Lucky Update!
Having defeated your brother... by hitting him in a place that wasn't so Ironclad, you "won" your egg from your brother whom you hadn't known was even watching.

Sensing the victory, and being warm the egg began to hatch!

Something was different about this as it began to hatch a noise you randomly heard and as soon as the egg finished shaking off the last of the shell bits you understood why. This pokemon, well had the markings of what you saw on the egg, but upon closer inspection, you noticed something different! Where the grey diamond was upon its chest.... it was Brown?

It scrambled off your hand and scurried about, and soon enough it seemed to somehow be carrying a hammer? If you could call it a hammer, made of brown metals. What was odd was how not only did it gather the pieces for its hammer so fast but it also fused them together... and it matched the gem on its chest!

It cried out in glee and looked back at you happy to have its hammer which it swung around to and fro, smacking metals making an adorable tinkering sound.

You have hatched a Female Shiny Tinkatink! It knows the moves Ice Hammer and Feint!

A tera orb rolls to your feet from some mysterious place

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 01-08-2023 at 10:48 PM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 08:24 PM   #60
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Prof. Engima-

Following your Lucario, you make your way down the frigid paths of the ice caverns. This icy cave wasn't exactly where you wished to explore, but you trusted your Pokemon. The aura jackal, after all, hadn't failed you before, so there was no point to doubt them. Even if they led you deep into the icy depths of the island. How did such a tropical island sustain an environment like this anyways? With an active volcano much less.

Though, it wasn't too long before Luca led you to an egg. It was an eggshell white, and quite bulky. You noticed a few lilac curves on it, two on the front, and then two on the back. The two on the back seemed to be invoking the imagery of fins. Though, perhaps the most telling feature of these eggs as the horn jutting out of the top. It seemed this big baby was going to be gargantuan, at least when it first hatched.

Your Lucario puts its paw onto the egg, seeming to be happy with its findings. Perhaps this was the egg it was looking for? Or was it something else that could be found within the caverns? Who knew? The real question now was:

Do you take the egg?
Luca found the egg it was looking for, and a curiously huge egg it was... He seemed happy, but was Avalon? Not really. Something felt like it was calling to him from within the cavern. Luring him like a siren song. Luca felt it too and realized that it was not just this egg calling out to people and pokemon... And that both parties have to be synergized.

A colder chill swept through the cavern and Avalon shivered. Something told him to seek out the colder area, for it might hold what was truly calling out to him. Luca acknowledge this and made sure this egg was still well taken care of before setting off deeper into the caverns with his trainer to search for the voice that was calling to both of them.

Avalon found it hilarious that he could still sense things such as this. After all... he cut himself off from his senses since the War.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 01-08-2023, 08:55 PM   #61
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
With your Dunsparce trailblazing ahead, you decide to follow and see where the wilds of this new Springtide Isle take you. More than just egg hunting, you’ve come here with a plan in-mind, but nothing here is ever predictable. The landscape and ecosystem is ever-changing, fluctuating with energies from far-off regions—whether or not your Pokemon catches enough of it remains to be seen.

One thing is for sure, though—the trail you’ve found yourself on is certainly beautiful. The coast sparkles like diamonds in the sunlight, and a high ridge lined with green provides plenty of shade as you climb up the path with your Pokemon. You can occasionally spot hexagonal formations of crystal growing out from the grass and rocky cliffs, but they seem to be inert compared to the giant one looming off in the distance...

Eventually, you come to a grassy bit of cliffside that juts out from the trail, a perfect rest stop after a taxing hike! A lone tree stands framed against the ocean waves below, and you notice something sitting in the shade—a Pokemon egg! Most of its shell is a mocha brown, but two large dots of yellow catch your eye the closer you venture.

Do you take this egg?
While Hyrem had traveled to the Springtide Isles more than once, he had never been to a locale here where there was simple trails and fields of grass along with the occasional tree to enjoy the shade, but the most shade came from the ridge that jutted up nearby, stretching alongside the trail he and Charlie were walking on. Also of note were the several odd crystals jutting out of the ground here and there, though none of them glowed the way the enormous one did...for now.

Another smaller ridge with a lone tree soon came into view, and Hyrem guided his Dunsparce over there to take a break. As they closed in, however, a certain ovoid shape made itself known at the base of the tree. Charlie inched over and flicked his thick, forked tongue at the egg for about 10 seconds before losing interest; too earthy and un-chocolatey for his taste, which was too bad, it even had a chocolate color too! Hyrem let out a soft chuckle at his Dunsparce. "Wow, you turned away from that quicker than you normally do; you usually take at least 30 seconds to decide something isn't worth your while. Guess this isn't the egg for us then. Maybe we should try somewhere else completely, like...
the Harborside Market? If anything there's some good deals on food for the others! But don't you go jumping at the nearest candy stall, you hear? Remember, I pay for it, then you eat it."

"Sparce sparce!" Charlie nodded before inching his way forward, the two spikes from his chin digging into the ground deeper than usual, his enthusiasm showing with each flop forward. "Heh, no stopping you now, I did mention food, after all! Just hope it doesn't end up being the eggs we're supposed to find..."

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:40 PM   #62
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Their first Egg deemed a no-go by the one out of them who could sense aura, Terri saw no sense in sticking around when there were other Eggs to seek out. They wandered around the outside of the temple, and stumbled upon a large hole in the wall. There were also the remains of a fallen tree- perhaps these two discoveries were related? Terri couldn't say. But they wandered inside in any case, Terri gingerly and distastefully making her way around the garbage that littered the floor. Such blatant disrespect... this was the sort of thing the Unown back at Alph believed to be the case for humanity as a whole. Terri knew differently, always did believe differently, and yet, seeing such carelessly discarded trash peppering the floor... it didn't sit too well with her.

"Terri," Find said, catching her Trainer's attention.

"Hm?" Terri murmured, turning to look at whatever her Ribombee was looking at. And as she looked, she tilted her head in fascination- she saw the imagery on the walls, depicting various Pokémon- familiar species, but different to how they usually looked in some respects- and they were locked in combat while... wearing... odd crystalline crowns? All around a massive crystal? Whether this meant anything to Terri, she kept her suspicions to herself, and her face gave nothing away, but it was clear that the imagery on the walls at least had her interest.

"Terri," Find repeated, turning around and peering intently in a seemingly random direction. "This way. I sense something- another aura of some sort."

"Right," Terri nodded. And she followed her Ribombee, this time into what appeared to be a gift shop storage room. The Ribombee made a beeline (a Ribombeeline?) for an old crate full of clothing. The clothing, however, was not the interesting part, but rather, the Egg that sat atop it. Metallic grey, with darker grey rings. Two yellow circles, one on each side, and a purple smudge on the bottom. "Intriguing," Terri murmured. "Find, what do you make of this?" she inquired.

Find did not answer right away, scrutinizing the Egg both in terms of vision and aura. Then, she giggled to herself. "...I do not believe this Egg to be right for us," she said at last. "For Keith, on the other hand, I have no doubt this would be a perfect choice."

"Hm," Terri murmured, giving a small smile herself. "Well, then, I say let's stick with this one," she said. "It wouldn't be right to leave this Egg behind when Keith is busy elsewhere today. If this Pokémon really would be right for him, and we have an opportunity to bring the two together..." she trailed off, shrugging her shoulders.

Find nodded understandingly. "That makes sense," she conceded. "I also find your dedication to your friends to be very commendable, by the way. Very well. Let's wait for it to hatch." And with that, Terri and Find waited patiently to see what the Egg would hatch into. Even Find didn't know the exact species, but what she got from its aura, she knew this would get along beautifully with Keith Masters. So she was confident she at least knew one of its types. Maybe. Possibly. Perchance.

Terry decides to take the egg and picks it up. It begins to twitch and crack revealing a...
Brand Spanking New Scooter Engine (parts sold separately)! JKJK...

Terry hatched a level 1 Female Varoom with Egg Move self-destruct and Egg Move parting shot.

Find takes a look at where the egg is and sees a strange grey crystal humming with energy and some serious transient vibes.
Terry Obtained Teratilisation Orb!

Congratulations!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

"Ladies aaand gentlemens! It’s time for the Iono Zone!"

"Hey, hey, heyyy!"

"Your eyeballs are MINE—caught in my Electroweb! Whosawhatsit? Iono!"

"Why on earth would anyone watch this..."

Jess stared in confusion at the animated figure waving oversized sleeves about on her (rather outdated) PokéGear screen, perplexed by such manic pixie behavior as a pair of pink and blue Magnemite hairpins(?) orbited the digital gremlin's head. Beside her Lance the Roselia raised an annoyed bloom to his mouth to indicate silence, eagerly watching the energetic icon whirl around to introduce a second character to the show as she strutted confidently into view on impossibly high purple platform heels; perfectly poised pace and graceful gait clearly practiced from years of modeling down a runway, shifting the weight of her walk to emphasize her hips and stunning lavender dress's skirt as it flounced and flowed, adorned with fluttering wings like a Finneon's tail.

"Today we've got a special guest star collab: The lovely Miss Tulip of Alfornada City! Say 'ello 'ello, hola, ciao and bonjour to all my- I mean, our adoring fans out there!"

"Greetings, everyone~ It's a pleasure to be here. Today I'll be showing off some simple makeup and fashion tutorials, so that you too can let your inner beauty shine..."

Jess quickly found herself even further flummoxed and bored by the fashionista's endless list of "must-know beauty tips", but the flower next to her seemed to be having fun, absolutely transfixed on the diva's demonstrations as he diligently took mental notes, dreaming of becoming a popular makeup artist and clothing designer himself someday. Even if the girl didn't really understand much of the world of fashion - caring little for her own image and prioritizing comfort and practicality over style - seeing her teammate so enamored with something she could at least respect and appreciate the amount of effort that went into maintaining one's appearance. It was simply another form of "art" after all, by utilizing one's own body as a canvas to craft masterpieces and express emotions externally through them. So she shrugged and settled in for the long ride to Springtide Isle once again, leaning against her Lapras's neck as she dutifully kept the PokéGear propped up for her partner to see. (Perhaps she should really invest in one of those newfangled "Rotom Phones" that could automatically self-sustain elevation at eye level - to the point she'd heard they could even come in handy preventing accidents from falling off heights, being made of material apparently strong enough to bear the load of a small child - but she was old-fashioned and stubbornly set in her ways.)

The next video in the playlist in fact captured her attention more, as it broadcast an interview this time with Brassius, a renowned artist of the region as he spoke candidly about the creative process behind his works. Jess felt she was beginning to recognize why the Roselia was so fascinated by Paldean culture and practically begged to come along on this outing, keen on absorbing its aesthetic to serve as inspiration. She smiled as she was able to share in his enthusiasm for admiring the man's magnum opus: a sculpture entitled "Surrendering Sunflora", a somber piece born out of sickness and desperate cries for acknowledgment - yet only by casting all hope and fear aside could he summon the courage to depict what his heart truly desired, rather than focusing on what would net him fame or fortune.

Before she knew it, they had arrived at their destination. Jess stretched her sore limbs from keeping the device lifted in the same position for so long, before pocketing it and hopping off Tessie's shell onto the shore. It seemed like only yesterday she had been here, but due to the strange space-time distortions the place looked very different back then. Now that the rift had seemingly repaired itself for the most part, the environment appeared restored to relatively familiar scenery. ...Well, except for a giant gleaming crystal peeking out from a crevice formed at the peak of the island, having crashed as a result of the paradoxical storm migrating to the top of the mountain. Like both a bygone and foretelling dream, planting eggs all about the area for Trainers to find once more. (All that was missing was an avian herald, although she'd heard Corviknight in particular were not welcome in the skies above Paldea for some reason.) What a way to welcome the New Year...

After helping her floral friend down, she turned back to Tess and patted her in thanks as always.

"Feel free to explore around the water as usual. We'll come find you when we're done."

The Lapras crooned and nuzzled her human's hand, before taking off to sail a standard course of laps through the shallows surrounding the isle. Nodding to Lance, Jess let him lead the way as the two tourists set off across the sandy beach in search of whatever "treasure" they may find...
The tourists set about wandering the beaches of the Springtides taking in nature's majesty and breathing in the salty sea air. With the sand crunching beneath their feet Jess cand help but look around the shallow dunes and rocked segments of the shoreline. there were strange holes in the sand spitting out water and strange coral clumps atop rocks all seemingly recently vacated and the tides surging and creating a small water feature as it flows through them. out in the water various pokemon splash around and live out their lives. It would truly be a perfect day for such adventures if it weren't for the giant magnifying glass that illuminated the beach in a rainbow shower of burning light. Eventually, Jess finds some respite behind the cliff outcropping along the beach's path. Along the way, She notes a surprisingly and hastily placed large nest built into the side of this cliff just high enough that the water couldn't take off with its contents. With a bit of effort, the tourists reach the crest and peer into the nest. Inside the nest lies a blackish-topped egg with a grey middle and bottom section divided by three yellow crescents facing downwards.
What do they do?
Old 01-09-2023, 02:26 AM   #63
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Beachfront – Whether buried in the sand, plunged into the ocean or hidden under a stray beach umbrella, the Cyclizer have hidden the eggs of Pokemon who feel at home in this idyllic environment of salt-sea breezes and warm sunshine. Please reply in mediumaquamarine.
Springtide Isle once again.

Melissa shaded her eyes as her new Lapras drifted towards the shore, Wildfire a familiar weight on her shoulder. She wasn't as familiar as she'd like to be, when it came to the new Paldean lines, but she was familiar enough with the earlier releases that she could confidently say that she'd probably find what she wanted here.

She braced herself as Ripple bumped into the sand, getting to her feet as he pulled himself higher on the beach. When he stopped moving and turned to look at her, she grinned and hopped off, Wildfire tightening his grip on her shoulder as they landed somewhat unsteadily on the sand. Ripple chirped a question at her as she picked her way away from the tide.

"This is Springtide Isle," Breeze answered for her from where he was perched on Ripple's head, peering around curiously. "Whenever we get the notice about this place, we always end up with a new team member."

"Usually that's when a new region's discovered. This is where their Pokémon always show up first in this region," Wildfire added, glancing up and down the beach.

"Yup. And this time, we're checking out the Beachfront," Melissa said, turning back to look at Ripple. "It's the first time I'm looking for anything over here, so you can hang around outside if you want. But we might also end up spotting an egg further up the beach, so there's that."

Ripple considered that and shrugged as best he could. "It's supposed to be pretty quick, right? I can hang out outside."

"Alright. Breeze, you know what I'm looking for, right?"

"Another one for the flock, yes." Her Wingull rolled his eyes and took off to start his search as Wildfire hopped off her shoulder.

"You know it," Wildfire agreed wryly, hopping inland to look where he would be clear of any sea spray.

"At least I'm predictable, right?" Melissa grinned at them as she turned her eyes to the sand as well.

Ripple glanced between the three of them as he pushed back into the surf so he could trail along behind them. Well, sounds like he'll figure it out quickly, whatever they were referencing.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:30 AM   #64
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

Quote:
With the Spacetime distortions of the year prior having changed the Springtide Isle, things have changed. As soon as the time rifts disappeared, they migrated towards the top, creating a swirling storm. For a year, this storm has stayed, until now. Reports have said that the Springtide Pyukumuku has emerged from within the storm! In a surprising shock, it was seen riding on a strange green lizard, with a likeness to a motorcycle. More and more of these lizards-

Oh, wait! Breaking News! We just got word from the Academy of Mesagoza from the Paldea region! It seems these Pokemon are known as Cyclizer, and the citizens of the region ride them around as a means of transport. Well, this is the first time we’ve seen them here in Fizzytopia, so does this mean the Springtide Pyukumuku is once again...?

Indeed! The Springtide Pyukumuku is heralding in a new region! It seems it had traveled to Paldea through the distortions, and recruited an entire gang of Cyclizer to help it with its egg hint this year. What a pleasant surprise, considering how the Snorlax King and Spacetime distortions have changed the island throughout the years.

Wait- WAIT! WE HAVE LIVE FOOTAGE FROM THE SCENE! Is that- A GIANT CRYSTAL????? A large crystal has just emerged from the storm and crashed into the top peak of the mountain. It looks like a new crevice has formed into the mountain, and the Pyukumuku and its Cyclizer gang have ridden in with eggs. Oh, and the storm is finally clearing up! Well, hopefully, nothing dangerous was residing within that crystal. Yet, now trainers of Fizzytopia, it seems we have received news that it’s okay to return to the island! Now, get your egg baskets in hand, and go ahead and hunt down your new precious friend from Paldea!

As a reminder of the rules, for Fizzytopians old and new alike! The Egg Hunt will take place in the temporary area known as Springtide Isle, whose areas are described below. If the egg you find does not suit you, you may search again, in the same area or by traveling to a different one, but you will have to place your previous egg back in its hiding spot. Remember - you will be able to search a maximum of three times, and you will only be able to take one egg home with you. The eggs have already been carefully tended and nurtured by the Springtime Pyukumuku, so hatching will occur as soon as a confirmation is made. Make your choices carefully, and be sure to have fun!

SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Flowerbed Gardens – Deep in the forest lies a remote sanctuary in the form of a grove. Flowers in a vast array of colours block your sight of the soft earth. Be careful where you step as eggs may be hidden in between these flower beds. Please reply in orchid.
Lucia stood bewildered at the shining barrier that separated fizzytopia proper from the periodically appearing, and, if she had anything to say about it, frankly bullshit and not at all what it was cracked up to be, springtime isle.

"i told the boss last time, and i say it once more, send that creepy little witch weirdo in to the obviously paranormal island re-appearing act. but,"

she whines, casting a glance at the umbreon sitting primly next to her,

"BUT. who gets sent back after coming back with actual jack shit last time (a calculated move, i'll have you know, mesa), me. lucia fucking grimmsdotlir, explorer supreme, the liberator of the past, the queen of...i don't know...climbing around old buildings, i guess, but more to the point ME, who asked as pretty and nice as i could that i not be sent here again. i think it's time to bang out a resume at this point."

the umbreon, mesa, stared up at her trainer with steady eyes, blinked and swung her head to stare intently at the sky above a small rise in the bare dirt a few feet off. sighing and shaking her head, lucia stepped through the shimmering film onto similar terrain that still somehow managed to feel...different. lucia hated this place. sure, it was temperate, clean, and honestly, not that bad of a place spend a few hours, but somehow it set her on edge, like she was going to put her foot down and suddenly realize it was on backwards, or count her fingers to eleven. she shaded her eyes with her hand, sweeping over as much as she could see.

"what do you think about up there, mesa. some flowers, a little higher up, and no water. i'm not coming home with a chill and a cough this time."

With this, she scratches behind mesa's ears for a moment, after which, the pair head side by side up toward the flowerbed gardens.

Last edited by PippiTallsocks; 01-09-2023 at 05:03 PM.
PippiTallsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:11 PM   #65
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
KingSalmon: One Lucky Update!
Having defeated your brother... by hitting him in a place that wasn't so Ironclad, you "won" your egg from your brother whom you hadn't known was even watching.

Sensing the victory, and being warm the egg began to hatch!

Something was different about this as it began to hatch a noise you randomly heard and as soon as the egg finished shaking off the last of the shell bits you understood why. This pokemon, well had the markings of what you saw on the egg, but upon closer inspection, you noticed something different! Where the grey diamond was upon its chest.... it was Brown?

It scrambled off your hand and scurried about, and soon enough it seemed to somehow be carrying a hammer? If you could call it a hammer, made of brown metals. What was odd was how not only did it gather the pieces for its hammer so fast but it also fused them together... and it matched the gem on its chest!

It cried out in glee and looked back at you happy to have its hammer which it swung around to and fro, smacking metals making an adorable tinkering sound.

You have hatched a Female Shiny Tinkatink! It knows the moves Ice Hammer and Feint!

A tera orb rolls to your feet from some mysterious place
Arne and Brandt stood in silence, watching the Egg begin to shake, its shell begin to crack. Arne heard nothing, but a particular sound, almost imperceptible, made Brandt smile even before the creature revealed itself. And when it did…

“Hm. That is one very pink Pokémon,” stated Arne, unsure of what to make of it. He’d never seen that species before, and as such, didn’t immediately recognize what made it so special.

“Aye. But that’s not the best thing about it lad. See, that metal… there’s something unique about it, I can tell. It shines differently,” said Brandt, hoping Arne would pick up on the magnitude of the event. “A shine even I’ve never seen before. I reckon ye just got somethin’ special.”

“You don’t mean… it’s one of those?!”

A cosmic improbabilty, and yet here it was. A “shiny” Pokemon, as the term went in these lands. Arne’s smile grew as he finally realized his luck.

Was it just luck? That voice from before… did it know the Egg was special? And where did it come from to begin with? Sure I didn’t just imagine it…

“Ye’re the luckiest son of a whore I ever met, y’know?”

“… that would be your mother as well.”

“Aye, an’ she was a bit of a harlot in ‘er day I’m sure. Wanna fight again? I’ll do the kickin’ this time ‘round.”

“You’re just jealous of my find, admit it.”

“Nah lad, look at it. It’s a wee baby! Just like ye! A match made in ‘eaven. ‘Fraid I fergot to bring some diapers though – but surely ye got some left on ye.”

As they bickered, the newborn Tinkatink held its shiny rocker tightly in its grasp, pretending it was a proper hammer. It took a couple of swings in the air, trying to look like a fearsome warrior, before tripping and falling on its face. It got back up, eyes welling up, but it refused to let a single tear fall, doing its best to look unfazed and failing spectacularly. It was a sight to behold, really, and it made Arne and Brandt forget all about their quarrel.

“Tell ye what – it might be a baby, but it’s got plenty o’ heart. Go on then, catch the damn thing and be done with it.”

“The hard part’s always the name,” said Arne as he approached the hatchling. Dropping to one knee, he locked eyes with the Tinkatink and fell silent for a moment. “… I’m thinking Mindy. Does that work for you?”

The Tinkatink tilted its head for a moment, judging the word. Soon a wide grin followed, before the Fairy held its rocker right in front of Arne’s eyes and stood motionless, much to the young man’s confusion.

“You, uh… want me to name your toy?” The question was met with a hit on the head and a deeply offended stare “Your hammer I mean.”

Mindy shook its head. Somehow, Arne could tell what she meant – it already had a name, chosen by her. But how could he possibly kn…

… Valentine.

Arne blinked and fell silent. He was at a loss for words for so many reasons.

“Oi! I’m ‘ungry! Get a move on, will ye? I wanna hit up the Market before leavin’ this isle.”

“R-right. We should hurry. Come along Mindy… and Valentine… I have some friends I think you’ll love to meet.”

He pocketed the Tera Orb, making a mental not eto research its properties when they arrived back at the mainland, and followed Brandt out of the Shrine. This had been a particularly eventful journey for such a short one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picking up Mindy & Valentine on my PokéBall 1/3, and claiming 1x Tera Orb!
Thank you so much!
Old 01-09-2023, 01:08 PM   #66
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Any way the wind blows

Prof. Enigma-

Trusting your gut, you and Luca decide to leave the rather large egg behind. Such a shame too, as it would become such a cute big baby. Oh well, you knew what you were looking for, so it was best to follow your heart. As tattered and broken as it was. Still, no matter what, these icy caves surely held some secrets in the darkness within them.

Luca soon picks up another aura signature and begins to follow its lead. He locks onto an egg hiding within a dark crevice, and he pulls it out. A bright yellow egg, with its front, has a blue and white striped belly. On the back were little wings, seeming to flap to try and escape. The egg had a scale-like texture to Lucario's touch, and it was certainly quite the rare find if you'd believe it.

Still, was this the companion you were looking for? Or was there something else here, waiting for you? That was your choice to make, even so, you most likely had made the choice from the start... Despite this not being your original path. Still, it was the ordained path. The real question now was:

Do you take the egg?

myahoo-

Ah, the shores of the Springtide Isle. Usually, it appears to signal a new region coming to Fizzytopia. This is technically the third new generation, but the fourth time the island has appeared. Perhaps next time, things will move on to greener pastures. Yet, for now, it was time to hunt for eggs on the sand beach! Whether they've washed ashore or simply have made their way here, only the Springtide Pyukumuku truly knows!

And soon you see an egg literally rolling with the wind. No, it seems to have stopped... And now it's rolling around in the sand? It seemed to like the sand here a lot, despite you having an inkling the ocean wasn't its native habitat. The egg in question was brown, almost as if it was dung colored. Patterns of what could only be described as sausages lined the egg, them gold and silver in color. Well... heavily muted, but you get the idea. Though, you swear you see a flash of magenta on the egg as it is moving... As if it was pushing the egg along. It was certainly intriguing, to say the least. Though, most eggs had a mind of their own. Now the real question was:

Do you take the egg?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-09-2023, 02:53 PM   #67
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo-

Ah, the shores of the Springtide Isle. Usually, it appears to signal a new region coming to Fizzytopia. This is technically the third new generation, but the fourth time the island has appeared. Perhaps next time, things will move on to greener pastures. Yet, for now, it was time to hunt for eggs on the sand beach! Whether they've washed ashore or simply have made their way here, only the Springtide Pyukumuku truly knows!

And soon you see an egg literally rolling with the wind. No, it seems to have stopped... And now it's rolling around in the sand? It seemed to like the sand here a lot, despite you having an inkling the ocean wasn't its native habitat. The egg in question was brown, almost as if it was dung colored. Patterns of what could only be described as sausages lined the egg, them gold and silver in color. Well... heavily muted, but you get the idea. Though, you swear you see a flash of magenta on the egg as it is moving... As if it was pushing the egg along. It was certainly intriguing, to say the least. Though, most eggs had a mind of their own. Now the real question was:

Do you take the egg?
It didn't take them very long to find the first egg, though maybe it was more accurate to say that the first egg caught their attention. It was rolling this way and that, as though something invisible was pushing it, pausing, and changing directions every little while. A brown that was closer in shade to shit than dirt with thick gold-and-silver dashes crossing its surface, it took Melissa a bit of clicking through her older-edition Pokédex to figure out what it was.

"A Rellor?" she said, glancing between the egg and the image in her 'dex. She flicked along its evolutionary line, checked its typing, and shook her head, closing and pocketing her 'dex. "Naw, definitely not for me."

Wildfire had wandered over while she was searching up likely candidates, watching the egg roll around in the sand. "What's a Rellor?"

"it's a Bug," Melissa told him as she skirted the area the egg was in. "Evolves into a Bug-Psychic. Reminds me of a dung beetle."

Wildfire glanced back at the rolling egg and then shrugged. "Back to bird-hunting?"

"Yes, please."
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:27 PM   #68
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Jahotsafits - You leave the egg to nest underneath the scrap, and continue your listless search of the area. However, the answers you seek cannot be found here, and so you turn your eyes to the mountains in the distance. One jumps out from the rest, and so you make your way towards it...

The volcanic slopes prove a difficult climb, but at least you aren’t cold despite the altitude. Looking over the edge of the trail, you can see the colorful banners of the shrine waving in the distance, far below. Hopefully, whatever you’ve ventured all this way for will be worth it.

As you walk the path, you keep an eye out for anything hidden. The vegetation may be sparse and short, but the porous, igneous rock formations make for many little nooks and crannies. Piles of soot and ash have collected along the road, forming many inconspicuous places for things to be buried—whether intentionally or not.

And soon enough, you find another egg resting atop a sun-baked rock! Its shell features a bright red body, with a white bottom and another white spot near its top. Yellow, square-shaped patterns decorate the egg’s midsection, along with a tuft of yellow sticking out of its top. Approaching it, you feel your body become warmer, and you realize that heat is leaking out of the egg’s shell!

Do you take this egg?

Raves - You’ve come here to study the unusual qualities of the island, as well as to procure a specimen for your research. The mysteries of both its ecosystem and economy burn at the forefront of your mind—how does one live on an island that changes with the flow of space and time? What influence does the island’s past incarnations have on the form it takes now?

In seeking to answer these questions, you must search the island for evidence. Of course, you have to start somewhere, and you eventually decide on the Berry Canopy as your first area to case. Climbing up to the treetops, you are faced with a tangled network of branches, vines and hollows—a transport network that allows you to traverse the forest without so much as setting foot on the ground. All around you, colorful berries grow big and ripe, providing plenty of food to the lush ecosystem that inhabits this natural high-rise complex.

It’s here that you come upon something hidden inside a tree hollow. A chocolate-colored egg with a black bottom, and a messy, golden mane on top. A zig-zag of white triangles catches your attention, as it very abruptly stops before it can encircle the egg’s midsection. It’s as though someone gave up painting the pattern halfway through because it just looked too silly to be intimidating.

Do you take this egg?

Gemini Spark - As fitting as its appearance may be, this is not the egg you and Dunsparse are looking for. Nothing to worry over, though—there are plenty more places to search on the island. Luckily for you, the signs posted along the trailside can lead you anywhere you wish to go!

Deciding that the market would not only fill your stomachs, but give you more opportunities for egg-finding, your Pokemon eagerly wriggles its way forward. You’d better catch up with him soon... otherwise Dunsparce might end up making a snack out of your prize!

Soon enough, the quiet seaside trail is replaced by bustling cobble streets. Much like Paldea itself, there is little separating the settlements here from the sprawling wilds, and so many Pokemon eggs end up hidden in plain sight. Whether or not any of them will be to your liking, well...

You search the marketplace up and down, but nothing seems to materialize just yet. Colorful awnings and flea market junk strain your eyes as you attempt to sift through it all. At least, you’re not wanting for food. Deep-fried everything, ice cream parlors, sandwich stalls—there's even someone selling licorice in all manner of unusual berry flavors.

“Wha—hey! When did this get here?” you hear someone shout. Following the noise, you find a stall selling hair care products, and a very surprised stylist digging the egg out from a box of products. The base of the egg is white, while the upper half is blue. Wavy markings suggest the look of slicked-back hair, and despite being inside a dusty box the egg looks immaculately tidy.

“I don’t really know what to do with this...” the stylist says to you, “would you mind taking it off my hands?”

Do you take the egg?

Blu3shift - Unlike most of the others, you decided to go this one alone. After all, Spingtide Isles is a rare safe haven within Fizzytopia, protected by the aforementioned Pyukumuku and its allies. Even if you ran into something unexpected, the chances of getting into a scrap are astronomically low.

As you hike up the verdant trail, you reminisce a bit about the last time you were here. No longer were the island’s areas blended together to resemble that of a bygone land, instead they were allowed to sprawl, creating a much more diverse landscape. The putrid smell of swamp gas gave way to a salty sea breeze, guiding you along the winding trails.

Even so, you realize soon enough that someone has already been down this way. It starts with little signs like trodden-down grass, or pebbles that are still wet with dirt, until eventually you see two sets of footprints dotting the path before you. Well, really one set of footprints—the other looks more like something dragging its body along the soil, really.

They bring you towards the tree standing upon the edge of the bluff, where you find a Pokemon egg resting against its trunk. A brown-colored shell topped with two yellow dots stares back at you, and you realize that this, too, was likely found by the person before you. After all, the thing looked pretty much rooted beneath this shady tree.

Will you be the one to take this egg?
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:53 PM   #69
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Seaside Waterfalls – Further down the coast lie the cascading, freshwater rapids. The plunge of the whitewater eroded the cliffside over time, allowing for shallow pools of water to be hollowed out along the coastline. A bit further upstream one would find the overgrown thicket that flourishes alongside the nutrient-rich banks of the river. Please reply in deepskyblue.
It’s hard to believe that this all happened so soon after they got here. It’s as though the moment they left Paldea, the threads of fate spun themselves so that Enki would find themselves venturing back home. Part of them didn’t almost didn’t want to go, but... homesickness and curiosity make a powerful match.

Even so, walking around on this transmogrified island reveals to them that “home” isn’t quite so. A vague sense of familiarity strikes them upon looking over this landscape, but it’s obvious that this is merely a facsimile of the real thing. Some odd, theme-park replica of Paldea, existing only for a blink of an eye before collapsing back into its natural state.

Uncanny. That word is more appropriate than Enki realizes, but they can feel it the longer they linger here. Their research at Naranja Academy means they know this landscape well enough to catch all the ways in which the sight before them feels off. They don’t want to stay here—but there’s something they need to confirm, first.

Plotting a course for the giant crystal in the middle of the island, Enki’s path leads them along the coastline. It isn’t very often that they get out for fresh air like this, and so the boy ended up dawdling. To take a moment and enjoy this brief reprieve from delving through research materials.

The sound of a waterfall caught their attention, and they wandered off to find it. Though it couldn’t match the two waterfalls that made up Paldeas Ten Sights, they don’t mind. This should be a nice enough place to settle down and enjoy a picnic with their Pokemon...
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:17 PM   #70
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Prof. Enigma-

Trusting your gut, you and Luca decide to leave the rather large egg behind. Such a shame too, as it would become such a cute big baby. Oh well, you knew what you were looking for, so it was best to follow your heart. As tattered and broken as it was. Still, no matter what, these icy caves surely held some secrets in the darkness within them.

Luca soon picks up another aura signature and begins to follow its lead. He locks onto an egg hiding within a dark crevice, and he pulls it out. A bright yellow egg, with its front, has a blue and white striped belly. On the back were little wings, seeming to flap to try and escape. The egg had a scale-like texture to Lucario's touch, and it was certainly quite the rare find if you'd believe it.

Still, was this the companion you were looking for? Or was there something else here, waiting for you? That was your choice to make, even so, you most likely had made the choice from the start... Despite this not being your original path. Still, it was the ordained path. The real question now was:

Do you take the egg?

Despite his sparce knowledge of pokemon of this world, Avalon recognized the eggs patterned shell. It wasn't one for him. Dunsparce. Apparently in this world, it had an evolution that was different from his worlds', which he found funny given that this world had what was just a longer dunsparce... but his worlds ended up being a Dragon type. Funny how things worked like that.

After helping Luca tuck the egg so it was safe while still having the chance to be found easier, he decided to move forward with his aura jackal. Honestly, at this point, he wouldn't mind the previous egg he passed upon. Who knows, a huge baby was a good safe option to have if he didn't find what was calling out to the both of them. Based on the research being patch updated within his Pokedex, it was a Cetoddle. A species that outright didn't exist within his world. Something that was unique to this world and this world alone so far. Of course, there were worlds where Kartarna were as normal and natural as owning a Pikachu... despite its destructive potential. But those were other worlds. This was his new home, and he had to learn it as best as he could.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:53 PM   #71
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Blu3shift - Unlike most of the others, you decided to go this one alone. After all, Spingtide Isles is a rare safe haven within Fizzytopia, protected by the aforementioned Pyukumuku and its allies. Even if you ran into something unexpected, the chances of getting into a scrap are astronomically low.

As you hike up the verdant trail, you reminisce a bit about the last time you were here. No longer were the island’s areas blended together to resemble that of a bygone land, instead they were allowed to sprawl, creating a much more diverse landscape. The putrid smell of swamp gas gave way to a salty sea breeze, guiding you along the winding trails.

Even so, you realize soon enough that someone has already been down this way. It starts with little signs like trodden-down grass, or pebbles that are still wet with dirt, until eventually you see two sets of footprints dotting the path before you. Well, really one set of footprints—the other looks more like something dragging its body along the soil, really.

They bring you towards the tree standing upon the edge of the bluff, where you find a Pokemon egg resting against its trunk. A brown-colored shell topped with two yellow dots stares back at you, and you realize that this, too, was likely found by the person before you. After all, the thing looked pretty much rooted beneath this shady tree.

Will you be the one to take this egg?
Now that Elijah looked, he was definitely following the footsteps of someone else. And... their Pokémon, probably, judging by the rather consistent groove that was being left behind. He heard something about a candy stall and... was that the cry of a Dunsparce? Those weren't all too common, were they? He was dealing with someone that was more than worth their salt in training. Or, at least he would be if they hadn't thankfully moved on by the time he got there. All that was left was a tree and an egg.

Brown with yellow spots, leaning rather conspicuously against the trunk of the tree. The grass was flattened around it, evidence that someone had left this egg here. Maybe it was whoever "Pyukumuku" was? A trainer that called themselves "Cyclizar" who had a Dunsparce named "Pyukumuku"! That would explain the hiding eggs bit. Maybe they knew a breeder or something and decided to hide these eggs as a little game for the rest of Fizzytopia every now and then. But that didn't explain the island suddenly being different, or the giant crystal crashing right into the middle of it...

Who was this person?

Elijah needed answers, and luckily answers seemed to be readily available judging by the rather conspicuous building that was constructed nearby. A base of operations, probably? He raced over to it, leaving the egg behind. Someone else would find it, he guessed. Figuring out just what was going on here was more important to him now.

The interior of the base felt... abandoned. The hexagonal tiles beneath his feet were worn in all sorts of different ways and the books scattered all around the place seemed to be in a completely different language upon further inspection. Paldean, probably? It looked like Paldean. He wouldn't be able to translate without an operational Pokédex, but whatever was in them looked important. Sighing, he leaned against the console next to the desk at the back of the room only for a tile in its center to start glowing green. Curious, he walked over to it only for the entire room to flash.

Somehow it became even messier. Something was going on. He walked outside, maybe he could figure out what happened from there.

Imposing walls of solid rock framed a grandiose cave dotted with giant iridescent crystals that towered above Elijah, making him feel utterly minuscule in comparison. It was a breathtaking sight... yet completely different from the scenery from when he walked inside the building a while ago. That was even stranger than the island being completely different; what happened and why?

The cavern felt dangerous, but yet oddly familiar in a way. Elijah couldn't place it but something in here made him feel almost the same way that he did when he previously alighted on Springtide. He felt that it wasn't a good idea to stay, but maybe it warranted looking around for a bit? The apparent danger made him feel a slight twinge of regret for deciding to embark on the journey alone, but he pressed on anyway, intent on running right back to he building he exited from in case something actually did attack him.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:14 PM   #72
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Unalloyed Blade Works

Prof. Enigma-

No, not this egg either. It was almost like fate was being cruel to you, as you soon remember the Springtide Pyukumuku wont' allow those to go back to a previous egg. It was take it or leave it, and that final. So, thinking on the yellow egg, you leave it behind. Perhaps someone else will brave these icy walls? You would never know.

Luca then barks, as it picks up on a rather particular aura... One that you were hoping for. The jackal begins to rush towards the egg, leaving you no choice but to pick up the pace. As soon as you reach the egg, you see why it became excited. It was a gray egg with two icy diamonds affixed to it. Additionally, two weird strings of yellow were on the front of the egg as well, but you had no time to react as the egg suddenly burst open.

A Frigibax, the "psuedo-legend" of Paldea. A small... thing that evolves into a terrifying dragon. The spikes on its back acting as a power glaive, ready to pierce and mowdown every enemy before it. But for now, it was this small, harmless thing. The Pokemon looks at you with wary approval.

Congratulations! You have obtained a Lv. 1 Female Frigibax with EM Icicle Spear!

Before you have time to get acquainted with your new friend, you hear the sound of tires. The Springtide Pyukumuku and its loyal steed, the Bunny Cyclizar, come racing down the caverns! In a drive by, it hands you a Tera Orb before disappearing further into the depths... Odd. Well, at least your little adventure is now over!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-09-2023, 05:42 PM   #73
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Prof. Enigma-

No, not this egg either. It was almost like fate was being cruel to you, as you soon remember the Springtide Pyukumuku wont' allow those to go back to a previous egg. It was take it or leave it, and that final. So, thinking on the yellow egg, you leave it behind. Perhaps someone else will brave these icy walls? You would never know.

Luca then barks, as it picks up on a rather particular aura... One that you were hoping for. The jackal begins to rush towards the egg, leaving you no choice but to pick up the pace. As soon as you reach the egg, you see why it became excited. It was a gray egg with two icy diamonds affixed to it. Additionally, two weird strings of yellow were on the front of the egg as well, but you had no time to react as the egg suddenly burst open.

A Frigibax, the "psuedo-legend" of Paldea. A small... thing that evolves into a terrifying dragon. The spikes on its back acting as a power glaive, ready to pierce and mowdown every enemy before it. But for now, it was this small, harmless thing. The Pokemon looks at you with wary approval.

Congratulations! You have obtained a Lv. 1 Female Frigibax with EM Icicle Spear!

Before you have time to get acquainted with your new friend, you hear the sound of tires. The Springtide Pyukumuku and its loyal steed, the Bunny Cyclizar, come racing down the caverns! In a drive by, it hands you a Tera Orb before disappearing further into the depths... Odd. Well, at least your little adventure is now over!

After being shoved a Tera Orb, Avalon couldn't quite comprehend what was happening... something that Pyukumuku was riding upon threw him off his game.

Shaking his head, he tucked the Tera Orb away within his bag and exchanged it for another orb, this one was covered in blue circuitry and seemed to hum.
"Well, aren't you just a cute little thing huh" He inspected his Pokedex and inquired about his newest addition.
"Frigibax absorbs heat through its dorsal fin and converts the heat into ice energy. The higher the temperature, the more energy Frigibax stores. It lives in forests and craggy areas. Using the power of its dorsal fin, it cools the inside of its nest like a refrigerator."

Odd that he would get a pokemon that liked it cooler than he did, but it was ok. He could live with that. He sent a text to his siblings and told them to prep a new nesting ground in his room.

"Mhm, what to name you... little beloved, Come on hup ya go" Avalon used the Blue Cyber Ball upon the little Frigibax and took the ball with him and Luca as he left the cave. It was nighttime upon his exiting and he turned his head to the stars.
His new partner Frigibax jumped out of the ball into Avalon's arms as he looked up to the pristine night sky. All of the stars were glowing bright, twinkling as if shining down upon him and his team. Things were starting to look up for him since coming to this new world, that was for sure.

"Vatona"

Old 01-09-2023, 06:28 PM   #74
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

Raves - You’ve come here to study the unusual qualities of the island, as well as to procure a specimen for your research. The mysteries of both its ecosystem and economy burn at the forefront of your mind—how does one live on an island that changes with the flow of space and time? What influence does the island’s past incarnations have on the form it takes now?

In seeking to answer these questions, you must search the island for evidence. Of course, you have to start somewhere, and you eventually decide on the Berry Canopy as your first area to case. Climbing up to the treetops, you are faced with a tangled network of branches, vines and hollows—a transport network that allows you to traverse the forest without so much as setting foot on the ground. All around you, colorful berries grow big and ripe, providing plenty of food to the lush ecosystem that inhabits this natural high-rise complex.

It’s here that you come upon something hidden inside a tree hollow. A chocolate-colored egg with a black bottom, and a messy, golden mane on top. A zig-zag of white triangles catches your attention, as it very abruptly stops before it can encircle the egg’s midsection. It’s as though someone gave up painting the pattern halfway through because it just looked too silly to be intimidating.

Do you take this egg?
The search for a suitable specimen within the tree tops produced some results, with the discovery of an egg nestled within one of the many hollows. At first glance the chocolate egg appeared to possess markings similar to the sorts located on the likes of certain subspecies of Sigilyph, though on further careful inspection the egg's likely heritage indeed suggested this was of Paldean descent. Curiously, the specimen appears to have been deliberately placed in this environment, and on search of databanks regarding the region's fauna, it was clear that this specimen, were it to be further intruded upon, would hatch in unfavourable conditions, and so the decision was made to leave it be. Perhaps the efficiency of the cryptid subdeity of the island had not found environs suitable for this particular species of pokemon and had deigned to merely situate it upon a tree. Whether or not this was factual, it would be certain that upon hatching the creature, upon learning where it was, would promptly panic and in its blinded state would plummet off the canopy branches to its certain demise. For this reason we have left a notice to the Pyukumuku and its cadre of commpanions to transfer this and other eggs of its stature to the forest floor. The last thing wandering adventurers need are drop beasts.

---

From forest to floral plains, the vantage point of the canopy allowed the research team to take a distant study of a grove teeming with a vast number of flowers. Such verdant groves are not uncommon, of course, and the microcosm within would warrant investigation, yet the lack of pathing through the valley, coupled with the density of the flora, would result in a risk of damage to eggs through travel collateral. Due to these circumstances, the only research work done on the glade was through outskirt examination. The flowering fauna itself consisted of a vast quantity of different plants from different regions, giving credence to the theory that Springtide Isle sits upon what we can classify as a "spacial gate." As the phenomenom known as Dialga's Gate by the populace of Fizzytopia commonly call its temporal counterpart, a spacial gate is a rupture in the fabric of space, through which reality is in flux, though it is far less destructive to existence than the collapse of time. Numerous species of Kalosian poppy exist within the garden, and given the genus' propensity for choking out competition, perhaps it is best that the spacial gate exists to keep their numbers in check.

---

Directed away from the grove, once we made safe landfall form the canopy, lay a cliffside scramble through many of the island's plains, with a well beaten path snaking along the shore. The geology of these plains, to our surprise, bears no resemblance to the rest of the world and seems to be its own localised ecosystem, leading us to believe that this is the true form of Springtide outwith the speculated spacial gate that covers most of the land. The flora within certainly stem from Paldean lands to a degree, yet at the same time the grasses and scrubland are of a phylum not seen elsewhere in the world or Fizzytopia. A short time was spent recording these plants, though due to the nature of this particular area, we could not obtain permission to harvest any of the flora. An unfortunate aspect of conservation, but such is the will of the Pyukumuku.

As we travelled to our next major destination, research happened upon a large dwelling, seemingly abandoned despite its view of the beach. Our sources suggest the reason for abandonment was due to phasmatic energy surrounding the area, though further inspection would reveal the most obvious of culprits: tidal erosion. For people to reside within this building for extended periods of time would only hasten the collapse of the cliffside, and thus it has been left for nature to reclaim. We left our investigations there and proceeded to our next destination, for the purpose of this mission is to procure a thorough examination of Springtide Isle's mannerisms, not to ponder on the futility and lack of planning of humanity's hubris.

---

A godsforsaken eyesore. That could be what best describes our next searching point, a pair of what would have been resplendent shrines situated further inland towards the volcano, built specifically on the foot of the mountain in a position that ensured in the event of an eruption that lava would flow away from it. To our intrigue, the original shrines provided strong evidence to the fact that the original human settlers to the isle were of Alolan descent, with clear motifs and carvings of the sun and moon engraved upon the stone. To our dismay, there was clear evidence that someone had clearly tampered with these priceless shrines, vandalising them not once, but twice. The current incarnation, while inspired by the Paldean ancestors and descendants of the region's national pokemon, also leaned far too heavily into their pseudo-vehicular designs, with a pair of cycle shops callously cobbled clumsily together in a cavalcade of catastrophic construction, marring what would otherwise be a beautiful spot on the island. Further probing, with disapproving looks towards the travellers marveling at these idols to pollution, would reveal that the shrines were previously desecrated in the name of the Heroes of Galar, a pair of canid creatures who would be black affronted to learn their heritage was used to deface such a magnificent duet of cultural affection in the name of advertisement. We brushed off our detest however and sought to work on another search of a suitable specimen. Perhaps on the scene of this debatable war crime we could find a subject of interest, if not a refugee of this blasphemous mockery.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:49 PM   #75
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahotsafits View Post
Terry decides to take the egg and picks it up. It begins to twitch and crack revealing a...
Brand Spanking New Scooter Engine (parts sold separately)! JKJK...

Terry hatched a level 1 Female Varoom with Egg Move self-destruct and Egg Move parting shot.

Find takes a look at where the egg is and sees a strange grey crystal humming with energy and some serious transient vibes.
Terry Obtained Teratilisation Orb!

Congratulations!
Terri and Find waited patiently as the Egg began to hatch. Even Find wasn't completely certain of what would lie within, but Terri was completely in the dark. All they knew was that it was something their friend would greatly appreciate, and that alone made the trip worth their while. And at last, the Egg gave way to...!

~~~~~

"...so the Falinks just keeps flinching from all the repeated Headbutts, right? Like, Violet's giving zero letup here," Keith grinned. "Serene Grace at its finest. At last, the guy tells Falinks to use Protect, I guess he's thinking if he can block a Headbutt he can regain a bit of the momentum? Well, anyway, I just smirk and tell Violet to use Hyper Drill," he chuckled. "The look on the guy's face, he didn't know what the heck I was talking about! But Violet sure did," he added, petting the strange serpentine Pokémon beside him.

"Duduuun!" Violet chirped happily.

"And, well, heh, you can guess the rest," Keith finished, indicating the small trophy he held in his other hand.

"Wow, remarkable," Marv Liss was saying. "Like, not even that you won- you're that good that it's not surprising by this point- but I didn't think Dunsparce could evolve!"

"Oh, you and me both!" Keith agreed. "Gav was taken aback too, Rui evolved at the same time, I'm sure he'll show you once he's back from the Pokémon Center, he- oh, hey, Terri," Keith greeted his friend, for Bear had just come in for a landing a ways away. The Golurk remained at rest on the ground to recuperate from the flight, while Terri made her way over to Keith and Marv.

"Hi, Terri," added Marv.

"Hi, Marv. Hi, Keith," Terri greeted them both.

"So,you went out to Springtide Isle, huh?" Keith said. "That Springtime Pyukumuku doing the thing with the Eggs again?"

"Yep," nodded Terri. "How was the tournament, by the way?"

"Oh, very good, in more ways than one," Keith grinned, holding up the trophy with one hand and petting Violet with the other.

Terri's eyes lit up. "Violet evolved! Congratulations!" she smiled.

"...did you know Dunsparce could evolve?" Keith asked, noting Terri's lack of surprise.

Terri said nothing in response to this, merely smiling her mysterious smile before changing the subject. "So, Find and I came across an Egg on that island," she said. "Find didn't believe that the aura of it would match well with us... but that it would with you," she stated, offering a Timer Ball to Keith.

"Wha... for me?" Keith chuckled, accepting the sphere from Terri. "Aw, Terri, thank you, but you didn't have to do that for me. You could've kept going for something for yourself, you know," he said.

Terri shrugged. "I know how much you wanted to go there," she said. "I know you would've if that tournament in Pechagrove hadn't been today."

"Too true, I would've," Keith concede. "All right- let's see what we got here!" he declared, throwing the ball into the air. "Out here on the double!" he called out.

In a flash of light, accompanied by a soft ticking sound, the ball burst open, and a strange mixture of rocks and machinery materialized on the ground, positively vibrating as it looked around. "Vaaaroomroomroomroom!" she revved eagerly.

"Whoa, who's that Pokémon?" Marv murmured, while Keith, wondering the same thing, produced his Pokédex.

"Varoom, the Single-Cyl Pokémon. A Steel and Poison-type," droned the device. "Varoom's body is the steel portion- it clings to rocks and converts their minerals into energy to fuel itself."

"Oh, that is cool!" Keith grinned. "Steel and Poison- I had no idea that was a type combination that existed! Hey, there, Varoom," he smiled, kneeling down. "My name's Keith."

"Vroo? Vaaaaroomroomroom!" Varoom revved excitedly. Spinning her wheels with great vigor, she drove in circles around Keith, which got him chuckling warmly, until he saw Terri slowly backing away.

"...uh, Terri?" Keith said. "Why are you-"

"VAAAAA-"

BOOM

Keith's unfinished question was abruptly and explosively answered as his new Varoom spontaneously Self-Destructed before his eyes. The blast was mercifully mild, knocking Keith on his back and nothing worse. He got up, dazed, as Varoom drove up to him, concern evident in her eyes. "Varooo?" she idled worriedly.

Keith chuckled. "It's all good, Varoom, I'm OK," he said. "I'll help you work on that, alright? Get you the hang of that move before you have any sort of real power to put behind it, like."

"Varoooom!" revved Varoom happily.

"That thing is nuts and I kinda like it," Marv chuckled. "You gonna be good taking care of that bundle of manic energy?" he asked Keith.

Keith shrugged. "I've dealt with worse," he grinned. "And you know what? Just to make doubly sure this decision doesn't backfire, that's exactly what I'll name her- Backfire," he grinned.

"...oh, Arceus, no, you've been hanging around me too long," chuckled Marv. This got everybody laughing, Backfire included, at least until the Varoom blew up again in her overexcitement.

"Oh, yes," Terri said, suddenly remembering something. She dug into her bag, and produced no fewer than eleven strange spheres. "These were there as well."

"...cool, but what are they?" asked Marv.

"Tera Orbs," Terri stated, handing one to Marv and one to Keith. "I got one for each of us in town. They'll allow us to Terastallize our Pokémon."

"And that means...?" Keith asked, similarly at a loss.

Terri smiled. "I'll explain once everyone has their Tera Orb," she said. "Come on, let's go to the Pokémon Center. I can give Willa, Maribel, and Gavin theirs, at least."

OOC: Thanks, Jaho! Picking up my new Varoom, naming her Backfire, putting her in Timer Ball #3 of 5, declaring her Tera Type to be Poison, and, and I cannot believe this sentence is coming out of my keyboard, but declaring her Ability to be Slow Start.

*Terri obtained the Tera Orb!*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records