UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 11-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #1
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Togepi The Po Town Weather Report and Cookbook

Take a seat by the fire of the Charity's Embrace library, and learn the owner's history. Listen to the signing of the Primarina, her watery heart adding a jazzy ambiance. The sound of rain can be heard falling against the window, completing the muffled chatter of patrons and the humming of coffee machines. The smell of fresh baked goods and ground coffee beckons you to dive deep within the pages...

Recipes:
Black Forest Cake
1-13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Royal Oak Honey Bloom Cake
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Sakura Dango
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Meringues
1 2 3

Rosemary Sugar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Midsommar Night's London Fog Latte

Croissants
1 2 3 4

Previous Chapters:
Rain
Drizzle
Cloudburst (CW: Violence, Abuse, Nudity)
Deluge (CW: Violence, Abuse)
Droplets (CW: Drug Usage, Parental Abandonment)
Sunshower
Stormfront

New Chapters:
Hook Echo
Bow Echo
Pendant Echo

Side Stories:
Ascension

May you never wake up from this beautiful dream.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 06-06-2023 at 01:58 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:26 PM   #2
Lil'twick
Insanity

Togepi Hook Echo

The smell of the forest washed through him, and he opened his eyes. They felt well-rested, for once in a long time. Like a pleasant dream... Where were they? No, he knew where he was. He looked around to see a creature bowing before him. A Gallade. He gave it a nod, and it stood up before disappearing into the woods. That's right... this was the Forest of Wands. The heart of the forest. His forest. The trees. The stumps. The meadows. The birds and the bees. Everything here...

Standing up, they could feel a fluttering feeling. Right. He snapped, and the wings on his back turned into a cloak. How long was he asleep? Well, hibernated at this rate. Another snap and a Rotom Phone rose from its slumber. April, huh? All of this started last November... So, six months. There was that pleasant little daydream on the island. Yet, he could feel a mental block. Right. Whatever happened in these past six months would soon be retold. Yet, for now, it was best to let them sleep.

Two Pokeballs he didn't recognize were within his hands. He tried his best to send out the Pokemon within, but to no avail. Well, that was such a shame... Yet, no matter. All in due time, those stories would be told. Yet, for now, those were best-kept secrets. With a smile, he lifted both up into the air. Best to go into storage before being caught with eight Pokemon on them. Right?

With a hop, skip, and jump off the wooden throne, they made their way into the clearing. The Heart of the Forest. This rocky alcove once stood as a castle... Of stone and root. Entwined with what was the tallest tree in the land. Yet, the hubris of its inhabitants caused it to fall. All that was left was its guardian, who would stand eternally over it. Even so, those who called this place their home... well.. drifted onto new forms. New places. A lie, and a rhyme. No matter.

The Gallade looked at him with a curious gaze. Curious themselves, they open the camera on their Rotom Phone. Ah, their hair's grown out a lot, hasn't it? Well, no matter. Looking at the Gallade, they give a command to do a simple haircut. There, now that was better. It was more... kingly. Considering what they could remember, it only made sense.

"Custard."

They toss a Pokeball into the air. The Togetic blinked a moment, confused about everything. He then saw his trainer for the first time in what felt like years and flew over to the person. With a hug, the trainer and Togetic finally embrace after a long time. In reality, it had been a couple of months, but... well. Things are different in the world of dreams. In the world of sleep.

The Togetic gave a few happy squeaks and chirps, which his trainer found himself understanding. For once, in his life, he had gained the ability to speak with Pokemon. No, perhaps he always had it. Just in a different sense... And now, everything was fully realized. What they were, who they were, in previous their previous life. They knew it quite well and were quite intimate with their birthright. Yet, even then... that was their old name.

"Considering I have regained my crown... I should think of a new name, shouldn't I?" the trainer then asks the Pokemon with a mischievous grin. The Togetic looked surprised, hearing his own tongue.

"Wait, Leo, you can...? But when? I have... such an awful migraine trying to recall what happened once we arrived at the castle," the Togetic reacts with shock before clutching his head.

"The events that transpired will come to light in time, I can promise that. Yet, Leo doesn't fit now... does it? For I am not the human boy either of us thought I was," they respond.

"Huh? What do you mean?" The Togetic inquires, a bit confused.

"I'm closer to Fairy-types than you can imagine. A Fae. Yet, what that really means for me, I do not know..." Leo trails off, contemplating what should be done here.

"And I presume a powerful one, considering the kingly regalia you're wearing!" Custard excitedly exclaims. "Though, I think Leo fits you perfectly! It's a cumulation of everything, is it not?"

Leo then feels a smile creep up his face and nods. Right. That was the name he decided on when his past crumbled away. It was the name he kept, when even that part of his life fell apart. So, it was the name that they'll keep using. For it was the name that fit them. Not Chrys. Not [REDACTED]. No, it was his.

They then looked at Custard and produced something from their pocket. This was something that was long overdue at this point. It was a glittery stone, translucent beside the crystalized light within the center. How many years did they have this on their person? Who knows? Yet, now felt like the optimal time.

"Shall we finally take to the skies together? You have flown me to so many heights now Custard. From a small egg to who you are now, and surely to places even further beyond. So, as your King, this is my first decree. We shall go higher than anyone before, so please take this stone and soar!" Leo excitedly exclaims, offering the shiny stone to the Togetic.

Custard looks a bit hesitant at first. His trainer knew how adverse he was to evolution. Yet, there was a feeling deep within him. That he knew that if he would fly them through the storms ahead... They would take this. He recalled finding that angel, and learning how to wield the Einherjar. This was the moment to leave the shackles on his wings behind, even if it cost him his limbs.

The Togetic takes the stone in hand and lets its energy wash over him. It was finally time to reach for the stars. He could barely remember this sensation, from back when he evolved into a Togetic. That was a moment to protect his trainer, love and happiness washing through him. Yet, there was a different feeling here. Glee. They would finally be leaving the past behind. Team Skull was truly gone, and that Leo was gone as well. Now the one who stood before him was the Fae King, Inheritor of the title.

His wings warped and grew around him, his limbs combining with them to become fully winged. His body became more aerodynamic and streamlined. His mind was melting into pure bliss, and happiness washed over him. That as well as luck. He felt the luckiest that he ever did. That no matter what happened, he could always depend on luck turning in his favor. Soon, the white light was gone, and the Togekiss happily flapped his wings toward his trainer.

Leo took to his steed and got on. No, steed felt wrong. Custard was their friend, and always would be their friend. Anything else was a sham. Blitzing through the skies, the two barely could see the Gallade waving them off. Back to protecting the forest. For even if the king was not there, the king's presence could be felt. For the Gallade gave soundless whisper.

"Blessing upon ye, mine King."

For once the homunculus returned from space, the end would begin.

---

OOC: Evolving Custard the Togetic into a Togekiss with my Shiny Stone (230 FC)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-10-2023 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:24 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Togepi Bow Echo

It had been a few months since they had returned from their dream. It was interesting to see how Ethan had managed the cafe in their absence, but it was okay. He did a good enough job. However, Leo knew it was mostly the Pokemon that kept it running. There was even a holiday party that he missed out on, and that was a little saddening. Though all things considered from what he heard about it, it perhaps was better they missed it.

Still, things were solely starting to return to a sense of normalcy. The league was having him do routine maintenance and status reports on the island, but oddly still refused to open up for challengers. Something about needing to work on a few things. Well, no matter. It wasn't like they were really needed over in Rosemary's domain. It was nice, to just work every day through things.

It was a pleasant surprise, then, when he was offered a trip to Unova. It had been a while since he took a proper vacation. Even if it was a bit sudden, they knew they had to go. Be in a region where they weren't well known. Considering the metamorphosis that had occurred over the past few years, they really did feel like a brand-new person. And he was perfectly fine with that. All of those old monikers were gone. He was just himself, a butterfly flapping along the winds of fate.

"My liege," a soft, angelic voice spoke.

"Custard, I told you don't need to speak to me differently,," Leo replied to the Togekiss.

It was an adjustment period for the Togekiss, especially with the loss of his arms. Yet, it felt right for him to be in his final stage now. His Shadow Lance seemed to be gripped by a singular wing anyways, which was appreciated. Though, perhaps they'd try to obtain a curio that would suit the Jubilee Pokemon better.

"I know, I know... It's just Rosemary reprimands me if I don't..." The Togekiss lets out a dejected sigh.

"She reprimands everyone who doesn't treat me like my original soul. It's fine. I still may be king, but I am not the person she knew" Leo responds, scratching his head a bit.

"King O this. King O that. Tit for tat I say. Anyways, shouldn't we be leaving soon?" Custard asks.

"Indeed. I'm just making sure everything is in order here before I leave. As soon as Ethan came back he went off yet again. With something odd in hand," Leo muses, feeling the change within the homunculus after his trip to the Starlight Frontier.

Just reassuring the last few details of his team, Leo nodded before grabbing his suitcase. As he headed out the door, he saw a familiar figure enter the door. Well, if it wasn't Sandy. It seemed it would be a coffee delivery day, wasn't it? The blond looked at him with a curious gaze, before pursuing a smile. He then sat down a bag of coffee beans and stared through him.

"I see. Well, you've been gone for so long and you're already going on another trip?" he asks of Leo, who gives a nod.

"Well, I'm going to visit someone I haven't seen in a while. Is that a bad thing?" the fae counters?

"Not at all. Though, I must warn you... You should not dawdle on your trip then. You'll be needed on your throne once again soon enough," the man gives a smile, his eyes briefly changing. Leo felt an unnerving feeling before Custard lets out a loud squeak.

"Wait! You have that same aura as-" The Togekiss begins to speak before Sandy puts a finger on his own lips.

"Young one, blessed by those on high. Who and what I am, I do not care for any longer. I am a coffee connoisseur, looking to create the ultimate brew. So I may one day extend that cup of coffee to the one who cared for me so much. Now, Leo. Is Ethan around?" the man asks, sounding a bit desperate.

"He's been in and out training since returning from the frontier. I thought you had his number?" Leo asked with pointed words.

"I do, but he hasn't responded in a while. Yet, it is almost time for the trials..." Sandy sighs.

"Is the shop open today?" he then asks Leo.

"It isn't. But, well, if you're here, then I can make an exception. Ethan should return sooner rather than later," Leo tells the man, who gives a simple nod.

"Thank you. Please, safe travels. Now, what to order..." Sandy muses as he carries the coffee bag to the back.

Leo once more grabbed his suitcase, finding the whole situation a bit odd. What was he going to be needed for? He'll know, he feels it. Yet, when, and for what, perhaps it'll take a while. He grabbed the last remaining Pokeball that couldn't be opened. Shimeji was on the other, a rather odd-looking Breloom who was a loyal knight. Besides, there were those Paradox Pokemon that were suddenly existing that he needed to track down. He already had obtained in this short time, an android version of the Gallade. Iron Valiant was what it was called, yet Leo decided to call it Batonnet. Still, his sword would stay sheathed until the time was right. The King's Blade.

Once out of the shop, Custard took Leo upon his wings, and they flew towards New Fizz City. It was nice to have a proper airport in Fizzytopia now, instead of mostly just boats. New Fizz was the only major city with an airport in Fizzytopia, however. The City of Pentacles was just a large seaport, as most other areas in the region were deemed too dangerous for modern progress.

"I don't think he's human," Custard then spoke out, once they were flying through the jetway.

"Oh, he decidedly isn't. Yet, what does it mean to be human?" Leo postured in return to the Togekiss.

"I don't know, for I'm not one... Yet, he has a similar aura to that angel man I met in Riviera. He told me, that if I found his brother... to help him," Custard paused for a bit through the message, trying to recall those events.

"Well, if that's the case, we'll help. Whatever is going on, if it affects my domain, as king I must protect it." Leo replies with utmost confidence. "Yet, we have time for now. Let's enjoy this trip, Custard."

The two soon touched down at Fizzytopian International Airport and went through the standard procedures. Airport security was the worst thing on the planet. Luckily, he was able to pass for a human well. His wings were just a scarf now, after all. Still, he needed to stretch them out when he next could. Perhaps in Nimbasa? Well, no matter, it was time for a long flight to Unova. As Gym Leader, he was able to at least procure a discount for first class. Seriously, how do rich people not see this as a major dent? he shook his head as he had to return Custard to his Pokeball. Only small Pokemon or guide Pokemon were allowed on the airplane. Then, it was time to fly through the clouds, and gently sleep 'til Unovan sunrise.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-06-2023, 01:50 PM   #4
Lil'twick
Insanity

Togepi Pendant Echo

The flight went off with no problems. The attendants did their best to treat them like the king they were, even if it was just part of training. Custard was able to roost in their small cabin, and there was only one other person in first class. A woman, and a woman he knew of quite well. Her Glory Stacenallia. A rather obtuse name for a woman hiding her past. Why would the leader of the Sisters of Twice be on her way to Unova? Strange. Usually, the order kept out of international affairs. Still, it was no place for him to pry.

A good night's sleep was already appreciated, especially with pleasant dreams. It also helped reset their internal clock. Unovan time was far removed from Fizzytopian time. Though, Fizzytopia was large enough to operate under different time zones, compared to other regions. Though, some people would say that it operated under a lot of different rules. And that's why it was so much fun.

No matter, they were now under Nimbasan skies. A clear day for one of the largest entertainment cities in the world. From multiple sports stadiums, the giant amusement park, the musical hall, and even the battle subway. The city was sprawling as far as the eye could see and was one of the few places in the world with its own airport. Most regions only had one, maybe two major cities with them. Saffron, Goldenrod, Mauville, Jubilife, Castelia, Lumiose, Hau'oli, Hammerlocke, Windon, and Messagoza were the other major airports he knew of, and of course New Fizz City's as well. Most of the world was still major seaports, and he detested boat travel.

Touching down from the plane, they went to the luggage claim before seeing a rather plain-looking man waving them down. Well, not as plain as he usually was. A rather nice Alolan-style shirt, with the designs of the stationary Tapus on it, as well as a light blue undershirt. Khaki capris, sneakers, and a Progress flag short scarf to go along with it. Straw blond hair, and sunkissed skin. It was good to see him again.

"Leo!" he shouted, running up and hugging the fae.

"Avery, it's been too long," Leo smiled in return.

"I was worried that you were gone for so long, but, I kept strong," the man sighed out, a little tired out. "Still, it has been a long time. I nearly cried after you called me last month."

"It's okay," Leo gave him a gentle smile. "I'm here now. I'm just surprised the league let me leave so soon after reappearing."

"Well, I've been saving vacation days for a while now. So, I'm glad to just spend time with you here. Nimbasa's gotten pretty progressive in the past few years anyways," Avery gave him a toothy grin, cheering him back up.

"Yet despite wanting to move here, you're still stuck as a country mouse," Leo teased him a little. "Then again, you've done a lot of work for that ranch."

"Well, I've gotten a job offer from the gym here, actually," Avery sheepishly admits. "While I do love tending the Mareep, and training them up, I am tired of the quiet life. Besides, the Ranch is encouraging me to consider it."

"Oh?" Leo asks, cocking their head a bit. "Why don't you tell me more at the hotel."

"Yeah. Right, you feel different... Did something happen?" Avery asks them, a bit on the confused end.

"Just some self-discovery along the way, that's all," Leo happily replied, and got a bit of a confused nod.

"Also, where's Custard?" Avery further asks, confused.

"Oh, he's in his Pokeball. Landing protocols. He'll come out once we get to the hotel."

With an understanding nod, the duo heads out of the airport. Right, it was June now. Leo did notice that Her Glory was watching him from a distance during the conversation, before heading off somewhere herself. It looked to be a connecting flight. Why'd she fly here, then to Castelia? That's strange... but no matter. He had an understanding with the Sisters to not meddle in each others' affairs.

Getting into the limo, they soon find themselves in front of a rather opulent hotel. Seems when a foreign gym leader was in town, they wanted to pull strings. Even if he himself wasn't a huge fan of the fanfare. Most of the Fizzytopian Gym Leaders were recluses anyways. The league itself was still trying to get the system back up and running ever since the power spots went dead.

The room itself was a respectable private suite. All the amenities either of them could ask for, but not the most extravagant thing on the planet. Setting his suitcase against one of the chairs, Leo then releases Custard from his Pokeball. The Togekiss stretches his wings and gives Avery a happy wave. The rancher looked a bit shocked but then gave a smiling nod.

"I thought you'd never evolve him, but this feels right," he states with a smile.

"It does, doesn't it?" Leo states with a smile. "Anyways, if you don't mind I need to do something real quick."

"Sure?" Avery gives him a puzzled look.

Leo just nods and undoes the butterfly scarf. It falls behind him, and in a flash, a pair of royal wings sprout. Leo then stretches them out, arching their back. Letting out a relaxed sigh, he then snaps, and the glamor is restored once more. Avery just looks at him with a shock of belief, rubbing his eyes.

"What the fuck," the rancher states.

"Yeah, uh, like I said, self-discovery," Leo awkwardly chuckles.

"Well there's realizing yourself, and then that. Are you like, an actual fairy or something?" Avery looks at him, quite confused about the scenario.

"You can say that, yeah. I'm still dealing with it all myself. I can remove them, for a while, but it is painful while they are off. The scarf at the very least allows me to have them appear as if they weren't there," Leo explains.

"Sorry, that's just a lot to take in. The person I'm dating isn't even a human. Well, that's not a terrible thing. Better than you secretly being a Pokemon, I guess?" Avery shrugs, the revelation obviously taking a mental toll.

"You're not wrong there. It's been an adjustment, I'll admit. Only a few people seem to really know, but I don't care. As long as I get treated the same, that's all I ask," Leo then states with a small smile, and gets a nod in response.

"Now that's all settled, why don't you tell me about the gym thing?" Leo asks, curious on that situation.

"Oh right, apparently the training trainer has decided to move to Sunnyshore to work under Volkner. So, the position is open, and I've become sort of known amongst the electric-type community here as someone who can work with even the most temperamental Pokemon. My boss thinks it's a good experience, and that I can always come back to the ranch if I want to," Avery explains, rubbing his temples.

"So, I'm guessing we're visiting the gym sometime this week?" Leo asks and gets a nod in response.

"Well, why don't we go out on the town, and just have a good time today? We have a few days, so let's just take things at a nice pace," they then suggest, and get an excited nod in response.

Though, they could feel something here. Echoes of the past would soon come to light... Yet, for now, they would enjoy this blissful dream.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-02-2023, 12:12 PM   #5
Lil'twick
Insanity

Togepi End of a Dream

Autumn leaves crunched beneath his feet. The forest was preparing to hibernate for winter. That was fine, for it was time for its king to return. He looked back over yonder, towards civilization. Nimbasa was a beautiful dream, yet one he himself could no longer remember. What was 'himself' anyway? All of these names meant nothing. All of these actions meant nothing. Being a human meant nothing. It was time to resume his role in this world. Even if it was a pleasant dream... it was time to wake.

Slowly but surely he had been sending his retainers way, to resume their places in the court. A select few he had deigned to stay behind. Rosemary and Thyme would stay with the homunculus as his eyes into the world. The cafe would stay standing, a haven for those not of human origin. Outside human order. At the very least, until it was all over. He had given everyone their choices, and most decided to return with him.

A singular sword was sheathed to his side. His sword. The Faerie King's Sword. It had been freed from the rust binding it. And its spirit prowled the woods, the ultimate protector. The herald of fog. For when the world needed to seep beneath the light of the moon. For it to be washed away in dreams and morning light. It would stalk the woods as his sword.

"Hey, how much farther?" the phrase echoed through his head.

"Not much farther Custard," he told the Togekiss.

"Is this truly the right thing to do?" the Pokemon asked of him.

"It is. I shall reclaim my throne and leave the human order behind."

"L- No. My liege, Oberon. I'll follow faithfully until the end of time," the Togekiss swore.

"As you have since the beginning of time. my Cherubim."

Soon he reached the heart of the forest. His forest. He looked at the valiant Gallade, who stood there waiting. He bowed to the Pokemon and made his way up the crumbled rocky steps. Each step, a beat of his wings. Faerie dust billowed around the area, recreating what this area used to be. The Faerie King's Court. His Pokemon slowly but surely made their way out of the woodwork, ready to take up the positions their past selves had. A howl then pierced through the air, before a large, majestic canine jumped to the foot of the throne.

"Zacian, have you found her?" he asks of the Pokemon.

"My king, I have failed once more. She is gone, truly," the wolf legend replies, before taking its place next to the throne.

"A shame. Sweet, beautiful Titania. Where have you gone, my beloved? Perhaps... the memory shall return in time," he sighs before sitting on the throne. "No, perhaps... Puck? Where is he?"

"Your consort has also disappeared, my king," the Pokemon replied once more before the Gallade looked downcast. It didn't escape the fae, but he decided to humor that fancy later.

"A shame. But, in due time things shall be figured out. Once again I have masqueraded within the human world, only to find it wanting. Even followed her advice to seal my memories and live as a human proper. Yet... we shall endure. Let that dream end. We must prepare for the battle ahead. The homunculus shall make his way here in due time, and we shall test him with our full might!"

Into the forest, he returned, never to return to civilization. The rain has finally cleared. Thus ends this tale

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade