UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #51
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
With general consensus and no objects, the Cram-o-Shop is now open! This thread will still be open for the adding of additional recipes when seen fit. All changes and clarifications have been made. Have fun!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:13 PM   #52
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Just to clarify, since trading cards are apparently a thing we can put into the gacha, does 1 card count as 1 item for a max of 4 cards being put in per week?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #53
Lil'twick
Insanity

Indeed GS!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #54
Lil'twick
Insanity

Re-pinning and necroing.

So, it's come to my attention some things in the item pools value have changed a lot, as well as the rates in cram, are heavily skewed. So, I will be proposing some rate changes.

Basic Items (50%) - Most unchanged. A few things will be added in from higher tiers, but that's about it.
Specialty Items (30%) - Big change here. This category will merge the Apricorn Balls, Bond, and Clarity Items (sans yummi gummis, which are moving down), as well as most of the one-off one-time use, held items.
TMs/TRs (10%) - While massive, need to be higher on the list of rates and it works better that way.
Luxury Goods- (6%) This will merge the Evo Items and Held Items categories and will exclude most one-time use held items now. I want to propose this as the new baseline for the 4th item roll, so guarantees are supposed to be in a higher range.
Rare Commodities- (3%) Custom Balls will be merged with Custom Held Items. Allows people to have a higher chance at getting custom-held items.
Collector's Goods- (1%) Stuff like Heart Scales, Silver Umbras, Custom TMs, and a few other spicy items will reside here. The pool will be expanded to make up for a loss of custom-held items being gone. There is a surprisingly large list of undocumented items, including a ton of plushies. Want people to see a Rainbow and actually be like "Oh shit I got something nice".

Thoughts on the matter?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-11-2021, 11:02 PM   #55
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Since it's a weird item, just wanted to ask if the Berserk Gene was part of the consumable held item pool. It's an easily forgotten item so I wanted to make sure it was accounted for.

Are Luxury Balls going to be in the Evo item tier?

I'm not sure if the plushies that are basically just spicy TMs should be rainbow tier. Especially the ones like the Persian that crumble to dust after use.

I'm assuming CM items will also be rainbow tier?

Just minor thoughts, really. I'm overall happy with the proposal. I would like to see a full list if possible, but I know that's unlikely
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:51 PM   #56
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
I'm not sure if the plushies that are basically just spicy TMs should be rainbow tier. Especially the ones like the Persian that crumble to dust after use.
Just as a note it's likely all plushies will stay after use in the future, if that hasn't already been established. (Honestly I thought the Persian one was permanent already so I've been keeping copies in my inventory. *shrug*)

Again not really good with numbers so not sure how best to distribute percentages, but I have been working on updating the "undocumented items" list and... yeah there's a lot lol.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:21 AM   #57
Slash
Silver LO

Well, that is good, and if the Shadow Persian Plushie or whatever it's called (cba to check) was made officially ruled to not crumble to dust after use, I'd appreciate that. But I'd still say their primary use is just to be spicy TMs. Sure, they can be flavourful base decoration, but that's really not much, in my opinion. Not enough to justify them being rainbow tier when their main thing is just being a more flavourful version of buying a TM
Old 06-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #58
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Well, that is good, and if the Shadow Persian Plushie or whatever it's called (cba to check) was made officially ruled to not crumble to dust after use, I'd appreciate that. But I'd still say their primary use is just to be spicy TMs. Sure, they can be flavourful base decoration, but that's really not much, in my opinion. Not enough to justify them being rainbow tier when their main thing is just being a more flavourful version of buying a TM

While that may be the case for many of the Plushies, let's not gloss over the ones that teach moves that aren't TMs like the Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Camouflage) and the most recent Illumina Meganium Plushie (Petal Dance). Surely those wpould carry the appropriate amount of value, no?
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #59
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post

While that may be the case for many of the Plushies, let's not gloss over the ones that teach moves that aren't TMs like the Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Camouflage) and the most recent Illumina Meganium Plushie (Petal Dance). Surely those wpould carry the appropriate amount of value, no?
Perhaps we should separate out the plushies (+ other items if we're adding them) based on effect then? Those that teach regular TMs can go in the same tier as TMs or possibly a step above, while custom TMs remain the highest commodity.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:19 PM   #60
Slash
Silver LO

I agree with that, yeah
Old 06-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #61
Lil'twick
Insanity

There are currently 271 items in the TM/TR tier and it makes me want to cry whenever I roll it please I don't want more in there.

Luxury Balls are tied to bond so they will be going into the Specialty tier. As for Berserk Gene I honestly forgot that existed.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #62
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
There are currently 271 items in the TM/TR tier and it makes me want to cry whenever I roll it please I don't want more in there.
Put the regular TM plushies in the Luxury Goods category then?
Old 06-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #63
Lil'twick
Insanity

I guess putting them in luxury goods works since they don't get consumed on use. Would like to try and get this live for next week so if people have any other major qualms let me know.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #64
Lil'twick
Insanity

Fug right we were gonna bring this up last week but we wanted to introduce a new recipe group.

2 Red Shards -> 1 Fire Stone
2 Blue Shard -> 1 Water Stone
2 Yellow Shard -> 1 Thunder Stone
2 Green Shards -> 1 Leaf Stone
2 Gold Shards -> 1 Sun Stone
2 Silver Shards -> 1 Moon Stone
2 Purple Shards -> 1 Dusk Stone
2 Clear Shards -> 1 Ice Stone
2 Teal Shards -> 1 Dawn Stone
2 White Shards -> 1 Shiny Stone

We'll be implementing this soon so thoughts and feedback would be appreciated!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #65
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Blue and Yellow shards need consistent pluralisation but other than that, seems good. Though I think Orange Shards works better for Sun Stone, and maybe Black Shards for Moon?
Old 07-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #66
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Blue and Yellow shards need consistent pluralisation but other than that, seems good. Though I think Orange Shards works better for Sun Stone, and maybe Black Shards for Moon?
Gold and Silver shards were already officially in the game for those items via Shop of All Trades, so that is why we kept them that way.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #67
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Oh ok, fair enough then. Pluralisation point still stands.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #68
Lil'twick
Insanity

Any last-minute objections to this? If not I'll add it into the shop OP (and fix the grammar)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-25-2021, 01:01 PM   #69
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just thought of this- maybe make it so you can put in one of each shard for an Eerie Stone or something like that?
Old 07-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #70
Lil'twick
Insanity

It was something I was considering but I rather see the Cram shop's crafting be used more before we add in more intricate recipes.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #71
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hey, so we need some feedback for a change we want to implement into the Cram. We've seen a lot of people just hard recycling their rolls, which is something we did not want for the shop. The occasional throwing in one or two items after a while is fine, but seeing people for weeks on weeks throw everything back in is starting to become a problem.

Thus, the following changes are being proposed:

A minimum of two items is now needed to recycle in the Cram-o-Matic, with a total of 5 items able to be thrown in.

What does this mean? Simple. It will now cost an additional item for the same return. This will a) further accomplish the goal of dumping unwanted items, and b) prevent users from hard recycling their weekly rolls.

Unless a hard negative majority from the community is given, these proposed changes will go into effect starting next week.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #72
Connor
Flashbacker

The wording seems a little confusing. Do you mean to say that recycling will now cost 5 items moving forwards? If so then the minimum confuses me - what is to stop people just picking up their four and throwing them straight back in, since my assumption is a minimum of two implies the five item recipe is optional and a sliding scale.

Unless you mean a minimum of two external items (i.e. those not literally just obtained from Cramo), in which case I am still unsure what exactly the problem is. Though it has to be said that is fine, if you had a creative vision for this shop as a wider community that I have not been involved in the discussion of because I've been lazy and this practice is against that, then that's entirely the communities prerogative.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #73
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

The issue is people receiving crap and dumping it straight back and cycling the dumpings ad infinitum until they get something useful. Which is honestly not an issue imo because Cram has a lot of useless shit, so eventually people will run out of stuff to put in it. Especially because you can't put bought stuff in cramgacha, and people will probably find that if you have to put in five to get four likely crap items, it's not worth doing. I'd rather it be a constant recycling of junk than people just deciding to stick with the junk they have.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:39 PM   #74
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I would argue part of the point is to take what you're given and make the most of it, whether that entails trading it to someone who might have more use for some of it, or finding novel uses for it in zones, or what have you. That last bit especially- you really never know what'll come in handy sometimes. Insert obligatory story I love to tell involving a flock of Golbat, my Weedle's Electroweb, and a handful of expired event Pokéblocks.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #75
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Oops, I seem to be one of the offenders :/ I have no problems with that revision, it's dumping what we see as junk for a chance to get something better for free, so I kinda understand the 5 to 4 ratio. Sorry if I added to the problem!
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development