Shields Up: 0
Trainer Status: N/A
KO Count: 0

Raid Challengers:
  • SpinyShell ( Baltoy ): 300 HP
  • CrazyCreeperKid ( Stonjourner ): 300 HP
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat ( Farfetch'd ): 300 HP
  • blu3shift ( Pawniard ): 300 HP

As the newly formed group collects their Pokemon and travels down the Normal route, they are met with a gargantuan Dynamax Shadow Stufful! It is time to do battle, in order to continue forward to face Shadow Arceus!

Dynamax Initiative: blu3shift (Pawniard)
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to use 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $150 may be collected for responses of 150 words, with an additional $25 able to be collected for every additional 25 words up to 500, and Bond can accumulate for any of the trainer’s Pokemon interacted with.
  • You have until Saturday, May 15th to place your order.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:34 PM   #2
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Selene had never encountered a Shadow Pokémon in all her years of research; their violent and aggressive nature made them highly dangerous to work with, and very difficult to study. The ethics issue notwithstanding. And now that she was facing the Shadow Stufful, she was glad the only experience she had with them were through images and videos. Its eyes were at odds with its cutesy visage, bleak and soulless pits in the center of its sweet teddy bear face.

She glanced over at her fellow raiders: a nervous young man who looked to be almost in his 20s, a teenager who didn’t look a day over thirteen, and a guy of unknown age who appeared to be arguing with his Wurmple. Out of the three of them, it seemed the man was the most unnerved by the Stufful. Perhaps it was a combination of being a rookie--he definitely looked the part--and facing a horrifying abomination as his first raid. Not exactly the kind of setup that would instill confidence in one.

The young man released his rental Pokémon, a Pawniard, who almost immediately charged forward and slashed the Stufful with a Metal Claw, leaving his trainer at a loss for words. Chromatophore sighed, and Selene looked at her Baltoy partner, who made a robotic noise that she could only guess was an expression of disapproval. But there was nothing they could do besides launch their own assault.

“I think our best option here is a Focus Blast. Agree?”

The Baltoy gave no reply, inside spinning in a circle as a blue sphere of energy formed in front of it. After a few rotations, it launched the orb directly at the Stufful.

I guess we agree, Selene thought.

While Selene was dealing with the raid, Chromatophore observed the strange Dynamaxed creature in front of him. He was fascinated by it, the yellow spots on his mantle flickering and shimmering as the gears turned in his head. So saccharine yet so, so, so evil at the same time. Would his mind control powers work on such a beast? Or was its mind as corrupted as its heart? Dark types like himself were immune to any sort of mind control, in part due to the shadows within their own mind. Would it be the same here?

He had so much research to do.

Focus Blast (120 BP)

Last edited by SpinyShell; 05-13-2021 at 10:41 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

"Holy smokes, that thing is huge."

Elijah wasn't sure what he was expecting, but it definitely wasn't an enormous Stufful (he could tell that his Pokédex was going to see quite a bit of use today). The pink-and-brown bear towered over the group menacingly, staring down at them with eyes that seemed to radiate nothing but darkness... somehow. It deeply unnerved Elijah, which was even more surprising when he saw the rest of his group seem to be ready to take this in stride.

"U-uh, let's, uh, do this... Pawniard?" He stammered as he awkwardly released the Pawniard from his Poké Ball. "We're up against something really strong, so what I think we should do is—"

The Pawniard almost immediately rushed up to the Shadow Stufful and struck it with a particularly aggressive Metal Claw before Elijah even had a chance to say anything. Was he even listening to him?!

Arceus, I'm going to have the time of my life tonight, aren't I.

---

going Metal Claw (50BP) on this dork. passing up the initiative, it really isn't worth it right now

Last edited by blu3shift; 05-12-2021 at 04:16 PM.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #4
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Cy stalked forward to stand in line with his fellow Raiders as their first opponent gave a fierce, Dynamax-boosted battle cry.

Stufful, eh? An interesting opponent, and easily exploited by our new teammate. Wurmple remarked as Cy pulled out the rented Pokeball.

"Certainly not what I expected from the Normal route, that's for sure." Cy replied. With a toss of the Pokeball and a flash of blue light that was mirrored as the other Raiders sent out their Pokemon, a Farfetch'd appeared, clutching its blade-like leek.

"Alright then, Farfetch'd," Cy called to the borrowed bird. "I know I'm not technically your Trainer, but I'm sure you agreed to this situation in some way, so I hope you listen to me. If you don't, know that I have a lot of experience dealing with unruly Pokemon." He tapped Paras' Pokeball on his belt, but his eyes flicked to Wurmple on his shoulder.

I'm not unruly, I'm just smarter than you. Wurmple retorted. Also, I feel it's important to mention I'm detecting something very strange from this Stufful. Some dark power.

"Don't reach out to it," Cy said quickly. "If it's an attack or something similar, we'll find out soon enough."

"...Far? Farfetch'd?" The rental Pokemon was facing Cy, waiting for an order.

"...Uh, right. Sorry, Farfetch'd. Luckily, we've come across an opponent who's weak to your Flying moves, so let's start with our strongest one- " Cy quickly checked his Pokedex "- Brave Bird(120BP)!"

"Far." The Farfetch'd rolled its eyes, but turned to Stufful and prepared to use the attack nonetheless.

"Don't think I've forgotten about that 'smarter' remark." Cy muttered to Wurmple, folding his arms.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Wurmple replied innocently.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Power Up Punch (40BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Round 1, FIGHT!

Dynamax Boss Shadow Stufful
★★★

Health Gauge: 41%

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Brutal Swing ( 60 BP )

Spiny Shell, Baltoy: 210 HP
CrazyCreeperKid, Stonjourner: 240 HP
Sixdragons_in_atrenchoat, Farfetch'd: 240 HP
blu3shift, Pawniard: 255 HP

Attack 2: Shadow Break ( 75 BP )

SpinyShell, Baltoy: 42 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • SpinyShell ( Baltoy ): 42 HP
  • CrazyCreeperKid ( Stonjourner ): 240 HP
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat ( Farfetch'd ): 240 HP
  • blu3shift ( Pawniard ): 255 HP

The Dynamax'd Stufful roared in pain as the raiders rushed forward striking the enormous shadow pokemon with a slew of super-effective moves, but it wasn't long before it struck back, violently and brutally swinging its body hitting each of the raiders Pokémon, before it honed in on the Pokémon that struck first and slammed into the Baltoy with a Shadow Break, pushing the clay pokemon close to the edge of unconsciousness, But it was clear to all the raiders that the Stufful would go down fast should they press the advantage.

Stuffu's heightened emotions caused it to go into a Fevered State!

Dynamax Initiative: sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat ( Farfetch'd )
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to use 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $150 may be collected for responses of 150 words, with an additional $25 able to be collected for every additional 25 words up to 500, and Bond can accumulate for any of the trainer’s Pokemon interacted with.
  • You have until Sunday, May 16th to place your order.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #7
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

“I believe that’s the infamous Shadow fever state,” Selene said as the Stufful screamed and thrashed its limbs in a tumultuous temper tantrum. Her steady voice was at odds with the stress she felt inside, her heart palpitating against her ribcage. She looked over at Chromatophore, hoping that the squid would show a crack in his mysterious visage, but to her horror he looked fascinated. Knowing his high intelligence and rather amoral behavior, she dreaded to think of what he could do with a rampaging Shadow Pokémon that had succumbed to its emotions.

But she couldn’t dwell on that for now, the Baltoy giving a robotic cry to draw her attention. There was a raid at hand, and it was waiting for her command.

“I think another Focus Blast should be enough,” she said.

The Baltoy nodded in response before it began to summon a massive blue orb of Fighting power. Once the sphere became more than twice its size, the Baltoy launched it at the toy bear, sending it reeling. While the Stufful threw an even more violent tantrum, Chromatophore closed his eyes and concentrated deeply as he sent out a powerful psychic pulse. He would have rather done this during a lull in the battle, but he had to do it as soon as possible.

The Baltoy spun around to give him a puzzled glance when the pulse reached it, but a flash of his lights and a wave of his tentacle returned its focus back to the battle. He didn’t need distractions now. The squid searched deep, across space and time, and through the fabric of dimensions; he nearly lost himself amongst the vastness of it all. But after what felt like eons, he finally found his charge. Latching onto its consciousness, he pulled it towards him, towards here.

The space in front of him began to distort, tearing a rift in the very fabric of reality from which a strange Pokémon appeared.

Finally…

Focus Blast (120 BP)

Last edited by SpinyShell; 05-20-2021 at 05:31 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #8
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

I see no need to Dynamax here. Brave Bird(120BP) once more.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #9
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

ROUND FINISHED: BRUTALITY

Dynamax Boss Shadow Stufful
★★★

Health Gauge: 0%

Raid Challengers:
  • SpinyShell ( Baltoy ): 42 HP
  • CrazyCreeperKid ( Stonjourner ): 240 HP
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat ( Farfetch'd ): 240 HP
  • blu3shift ( Pawniard ): 255 HP

With the Baltoy, and the Farfetch'ds' attacks striking, Before the other raiders even had a chance to order an attack, the giant Stufful shrunk significantly in size and seemed to act differently before it disappeared from everyone currently present.

Dynamax Initiative:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League