UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM   #1
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,511
Carbink Treasure Park: The Explorers Zone

Long before this park became protected by the Fizzytopian Government, rumors ran rampant about this zone housing treasures from all over the world, bringing numerous treasure hunters through out the years that left, making fortunes off of precious stones found from within the different parts of the zone, but seem content to leave the zone be.

Amethyst Quarry:
People through out the years have since stripped most of the area of its natural Ameythest clusters that formed above ground, quite a few cave systems can be found littered throughout the Quarry that are home to gem loving pokemon. Please reply in Darkorchid


Emerald Grove:
A sprawling conifferous forest that separates the Fjord from the Quarry, this Forest seems more lively and seems to rejuvenate all that visit than other forests of similar calibers. Please reply in Springgreen


Sapphire Fjord:
Before the Fogbound Lake sat where it is now, it used to cut much farther back into what is now the Sapphire Fjord, carving it out from large hills making it an ideal home for pokemon more dragonic in nature. Please reply in Dodgerblue


Agate Grasslands:
These Grasslands earned their name from the mesmerizing colors of flowers that grow upon their windswept hills, there are even rumors that graciedas once bloomed here, but no one has been able to find them in over a century. Please reply in Chartreuse.


Fogbound Lake:
Named due to the constant fog rolling out from the center of the lake, many have tried to cross to solve the mystery but appear within the Quarry without the faintest inkling of how they wound up there in the first place. Please reply in Lavender


__________________


FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Lil'twick; 02-10-2024 at 09:08 AM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:14 PM   #2
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,511
Active Adventures

To be updated
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:14 PM   #3
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,511
Placeholder posting

To be edited
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Long before this park became protected by the Fizzytopian Government, rumors ran rampant about this zone housing treasures from all over the world, bringing numerous treasure hunters through out the years that left, making fortunes off of precious stones found from within the different parts of the zone, but seem content to leave the zone be.

Agate Grasslands:
These Grasslands earned their name from the mesmerizing colors of flowers that grow upon their windswept hills, there are even rumors that graciedas once bloomed here, but no one has been able to find them in over a century. Please reply in Chartreuse.


Treasure Park. An old fixture of the Fizzytopia region. Supposedly, anyway- not many people seemed to have heard much about its existence until relatively recently. But that was neither here nor there, for the park was very clearly here and not so much there, and that was what counted. And quite a good thing it was here, too, elseways the sightings that one young Pokémon Trainer was following up on might well have amounted to naught.

"...this is the place, I think," said Maribel Masters, beholding the gorgeous Agate Grasslands before her. "It's beautiful here," she added with an appreciative smile, admiring the verdant and floral hills. "OK, Rotom, take a picture of the landscape," she said to her Rotom Phone.

"...you gonna save any storage space for photos of that fairy tale you're chasing?" Rotom asked.

"Rotom, be nice now," Maribel frowned. "I've been spending so much time looking it up to ensure it's real. And ZZLZZ thinks it's gotta be real, too, so I want to trust in her judgement. Besides, you know it's no fairy tale, you found it in the Pokédex database yourself."

"I know, I know, I'm just having my fun," Rotom yawned, snapping a pic of the beautiful flowery hills. "So yeah, this is where those sightings put that thing, last anyone online seems to know. Now... you're gonna send something out, right?" it added. "I ain't no battling Rotom, I won't do you much good if anything attacks."

"That's a fair point," Maribel conceded. And she took a Poké Ball out of her bag and threw it up high. "Come out- Rhyperior!" she delared, and in a flash of light, a great rocky beast emerged.

"RHYYYYY~" Rhyperior rumbled emotionally, lumbering over to Maribel and pulling her into a surprisingly gentle hug. Maribel, giggling, hugged her Rhyperior back.

"All right, Rhyperior," she said. "We're on the lookout for that Pokémon I was telling you about, OK? It'll be black and purple, very distinctive, very pretty, OK?"

"Rhyrhy," Rhyperior grunted, nodding in understanding.

"Good," Maribel nodded back. "But be alert- if anything attacks, I want us ready to fight back, OK? Only if we're attacked, though," she added.

Rhyperior tilted her head. "...rhy rhyrhyrhy, rhy rhyyy?" she growled questioningly.

"...Truth be told, I'm not convinced we're in imminent danger of attack," Maribel admitted. "I will say, though, the legends say that Spectrier is territorial, and likes its peace and quiet. How much truth there is to those legends, I can't say. I mean, look at Max- all you'd read about Eternatus is its sheer destructive potential, and Max is a total sweetheart." Rhyperior grunted agreeingly at this, but kept a sharp eye out all the same, something her Trainer was quick to resume doing herself. Neither one particularly on edge, but alert all the same. At the same time, Maribel knew her girlfriend was out in search of a Mythical Pokémon. Silently, she wished ZZLZZ luck- the girls had promised that next time they saw each other, they would each have caught the Pokémon they had so desired to seek out.


OOC: It's time- using my third LAS to kick off an adventure in search of the Swift Horse Pokémon, Spectrier!
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:42 PM   #5
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Emerald Grove:
A sprawling conifferous forest that separates the Fjord from the Quarry, this Forest seems more lively and seems to rejuvenate all that visit than other forests of similar calibers. Please reply in Springgreen
"Okaaaaaay, no dragging you around. And no forcing you to fight things. Right?"

Ion grumbled. He wasn't fond of extraneous rules, especially ones that kept him from achieving his goal of becoming stronger. But if he wanted to not run the risk of losing out on the privilege of having a trainer, he'd have to respect Elijah's boundaries. Or at least pretend to.

"Yeah," Elijah confirmed as he swung around a tree, following the path as it meandered aside a small creek. He sounded more than a little unsure—he was still unfamiliar with this whole "setting boundaries" thing, and he didn't want to trample on anyone's feelings—but he also didn't want a repeat of what had happened before. "Just... trying not to let anyone get hurt or in trouble here."

"Whatever. Your loss," the Rotom snarked. "Don't blame me when you find out that you're making zero progress as a trainer because you're not actually training your Pokémon."

"For the last time, they're not my— whatever," Elijah began to retort but instantly shut himself up. He was here to be at ease, not get into an argument with a living smartphone. He kicked at the ground instead to relieve a bit of his aggression, watching a dust cloud roll up from where his foot struck. He didn't care to see it dissipate, pressing onward with a resolve to attempt to not have his day ruined again. Ion, reading the situation, fell into silence.

Elijah definitely needed something nice. He didn't even know what though, but he wasn't exactly getting anywhere like this. Not wanting to dwell on things and make his experience worse, he continued to cut through the forest trail and attempted to clear his head.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 02:18 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Reload
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,691
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Cyndaquil I walk a lonely road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Emerald Grove:
A sprawling conifferous forest that separates the Fjord from the Quarry, this Forest seems more lively and seems to rejuvenate all that visit than other forests of similar calibers. Please reply in Springgreen

[/CENTER][/SIZE]
The passage of time was fickle. It didn't stop for anyone, no matter when or where they were. It was a cruel master, taking everything, but in return giving the most wonderful adventure called 'life.' It had felt as if the last two years in this time had flashed by in an instant. Ever since that public tournament, he had stuck to the shadows. There were no more games, only painstaking research of the tattered map within their hands.

He'd managed to get three more Pokemon on his hands... A rather laidback Ursaluna with a bout of lunacy, and a warrior Kleavor, who preferred to talk with her axes over anything else. Then, there was his demonic Samurott, also bearing the touch of his native time. No matter, his team had been getting stronger. Never miss a day of training, that was always drilled into him.

There was the feeling of Inu's course, blackened fur beneath him. The Growlithe quickly had evolved into an Arcanine and was now his loyal steed. With a map in hand, they looked over their environment behind them for one last time. These hidden highlands were the perfect place for a hidden village. He'd just need to follow the map, and soon he'd meet more like him. Fallers. Those not of this time, or space, were brought here for one reason or another.

Even so, the ninja looked over the rolling grasslands. This felt like home. The sprawling meadows, the craggy cliffs.... even the foggy waters. This was truly a place untouched by humanity, wasn't it? Yet, he too knew he was human. And it felt like he was defiling sacred ground here. No matter, he'd finally fulfill this long, arduous mission. Then figured out what he wanted to be.

"Hiro... Are you watching me still?" he muttered to himself as he started to delve into the woods.

His past was still mostly a mystery to him. The circumstances of his birth and childhood were a void within his mind. All he could remember was one day arriving in Jubilife Village on a mercantile vessel. Being thrown to the streets, and taken in by the Survey Corp due to his unassuming appearance. There, Beni-Sensei had taught them in the way of espionage... and that was his life. Until he fell. And now, two years later, he was here. Only time could tell what awaited the ninja at the spot marked by a singular X.
__________________


It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies
When I wonder if the path is in the right direction
But I do believe, things come to life by accident

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:27 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Reload
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,691
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick I'm searching for something that I can't reach

Missingno. Master-

Treasure Park. One of the hidden, natural jewels of the region. For years it was safely regulated by the Fizzytopian Pokemon League, only allowing private personae to enter. Yet, with it being designated as a national park the public has been given access. To experience these secluded highlands. To see the emerald seas of grass, the shrouded lake, and more native to this place.

So, you had found yourself here on a promise. For a horse, of course. Why wouldn't it be a horse? There were a lot of stereotypes in the world... and they weren't going to be changing any time soon. They were, after all, called stereotypes for a reason. Still, no matter, this was a brand new place to explore. And you were chasing after a horse. Not the worst thing, but horses can be found all over. So why here? Sure, this horse was special but... you could just ask and it'd eventually find its way into your hands. Right?

You look around, trying to see if there is a hint of your prize here. Your beloved pony. Ready to be all dressed up and put on parade like your new family dog? Ah, to see such greatness degraded so. Sorry, I really am stepping out of line here. No matter, back to your regularly scheduled narration.

Where were we? Right, the Agate Grasslands. It sprawled out as far as the eye could see. And yet, all you could see were the grasses. Besides your own Pokemon, there was nothing else here. Just the rolling wind over the hum of the grass. The turquoise skies were empty, bereft of even a single cloud. You here out here alone, truly alone. Perhaps it'd be best for you to move forward, and see if you could find a sign of life.

What do you do?


Blu3-

You begin this lovely stroll through untouched woods arguing with your cell phone. This felt like a common recurrence at this point. Your phone wishes to become stronger, while you are still stuck in your shell. Holding tight to your beliefs. It feels like this is a match made in hell. Yet, you persevere through the chiding device's demeanor. It would be worth it in the end, right?

You looked around the trail, trying to catch sight of something. Anything. As serene as this place was, it was surprisingly... hollow. That there were barely any signs of life here. Yet, you could feel the forest was overflowing with life at the same time. It was an oxymoron. That this place had an aura of liveliness yet nothing was living. Besides the trees of course, and the other plant life. But no Pokemon. Just... the forest itself.

Though, this soon changes, as you hear some rustling coming from the tree tops. You look overhead, but see nothing but moving leaves. Perhaps it was a bird? Or a bug? Or something else entirely? No matter, it just felt reassuring to see life living in this forest. Seems that the edges were way less lively than the depths.

As you continue on your little hike, you hear something screeching in terror. You couldn't tell what it was, but you heard the rustling overhead get even worse. As you look up, you see the shadow of something drop towards the floor. You could see it was curled up, a bright maroon with hints of green. It felt... familiar. Chasing after it was a Pokemon you'd easily recognize, Tranquil.

The Pokemon that dropped before you then uncurls, and you also recognize this. A Venipede, and from the looks of it, it's about to be this Tranquil's lunch. The bug looks at you with pleading eyes and starts to scuttle behind you in terror. The bird Pokemon squawks at you angrily, waiting to pick a fight. As much as you hated to admit it, this was something Ion could quite literally fry.

What do you do?
__________________


It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies
When I wonder if the path is in the right direction
But I do believe, things come to life by accident

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #8
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Blu3-

You begin this lovely stroll through untouched woods arguing with your cell phone. This felt like a common recurrence at this point. Your phone wishes to become stronger, while you are still stuck in your shell. Holding tight to your beliefs. It feels like this is a match made in hell. Yet, you persevere through the chiding device's demeanor. It would be worth it in the end, right?

You looked around the trail, trying to catch sight of something. Anything. As serene as this place was, it was surprisingly... hollow. That there were barely any signs of life here. Yet, you could feel the forest was overflowing with life at the same time. It was an oxymoron. That this place had an aura of liveliness yet nothing was living. Besides the trees of course, and the other plant life. But no Pokemon. Just... the forest itself.

Though, this soon changes, as you hear some rustling coming from the tree tops. You look overhead, but see nothing but moving leaves. Perhaps it was a bird? Or a bug? Or something else entirely? No matter, it just felt reassuring to see life living in this forest. Seems that the edges were way less lively than the depths.

As you continue on your little hike, you hear something screeching in terror. You couldn't tell what it was, but you heard the rustling overhead get even worse. As you look up, you see the shadow of something drop towards the floor. You could see it was curled up, a bright maroon with hints of green. It felt... familiar. Chasing after it was a Pokemon you'd easily recognize, Tranquil.

The Pokemon that dropped before you then uncurls, and you also recognize this. A Venipede, and from the looks of it, it's about to be this Tranquil's lunch. The bug looks at you with pleading eyes and starts to scuttle behind you in terror. The bird Pokemon squawks at you angrily, waiting to pick a fight. As much as you hated to admit it, this was something Ion could quite literally fry.

What do you do?
Elijah wasn't really sure what was going on. This forest was supposed to be teeming with life, and yet instead it was teeming with a whole lot of nothing. He could only count a single Pokémon that he had seen over the past hour, and it was the one living in the smartphone floating next to him. He decided against dwelling on the thought, the peace and quiet was probably better for him anyway.

Or at least it was peace and quiet until something shuffled through the leaves above him and a screech pierced the air. He swore he recognized that screech, but couldn't exactly place it. A ball suddenly dropped onto the forest floor in front of him with a thunk, startling him a little. He looked up; a Tranquill giving chase. Finally, something he recognized. But that ball also looked familiar, and the more that he thought about it, the more he recognized that the screeching from earlier was exactly the kind of noise that would come from...

Oh crap. A Venipede. Elijah was thankful that he was finally seeing species that he actually knew, but out of all of them it had to be this one. Venipede were deadly given the right circumstances thanks to their very aggressive demeanor and their affinity for poison, and considering that he was far away from any sort of medical facility it wouldn't end well for him if it attacked. He braced himself as it uncurled and ran towards him...

...in fear? Elijah wasn't exactly sure that the species was really capable of feeling that way. But it was unmistakable: the pleading look on its face, the way that it curled up, the frenetic nature of its run... something wasn't right here. He was still trying to wrap his head around it when the reason for that fear landed in front of him: the Tranquill. Which, um...

"Hey, think that thing's trying to pick a fight with you instead," Ion observed. "I could easily take it out—"

"No," Elijah interrupted. "I don't... I don't want to—"

"Aw man, you're killin' me here. I'm making a decision to ignore your rules against battling because they're stupid and dangerous. Sorry!"

Ion emerged from the phone and immediately fired a Charge Beam towards the Tranquill, aiming to knock the flying type out as quickly as possible. Elijah could only watch in abject horror as the situation unfolded, both fearing for his for his life and for the other Pokémon's. He didn't want blood on anyone's hands here, even if the bird was outright challenging him. He could only hope that the Venipede behind him didn't get any ideas and attack while his guard was down.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 07:19 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master-

Treasure Park. One of the hidden, natural jewels of the region. For years it was safely regulated by the Fizzytopian Pokemon League, only allowing private personae to enter. Yet, with it being designated as a national park the public has been given access. To experience these secluded highlands. To see the emerald seas of grass, the shrouded lake, and more native to this place.

So, you had found yourself here on a promise. For a horse, of course. Why wouldn't it be a horse? There were a lot of stereotypes in the world... and they weren't going to be changing any time soon. They were, after all, called stereotypes for a reason. Still, no matter, this was a brand new place to explore. And you were chasing after a horse. Not the worst thing, but horses can be found all over. So why here? Sure, this horse was special but... you could just ask and it'd eventually find its way into your hands. Right?

You look around, trying to see if there is a hint of your prize here. Your beloved pony. Ready to be all dressed up and put on parade like your new family dog? Ah, to see such greatness degraded so. Sorry, I really am stepping out of line here. No matter, back to your regularly scheduled narration.

Where were we? Right, the Agate Grasslands. It sprawled out as far as the eye could see. And yet, all you could see were the grasses. Besides your own Pokemon, there was nothing else here. Just the rolling wind over the hum of the grass. The turquoise skies were empty, bereft of even a single cloud. You here out here alone, truly alone. Perhaps it'd be best for you to move forward, and see if you could find a sign of life.

What do you do?
Maribel and ZZLZZ had made each other a promise- the next time they saw each other, they would have caught the Pokémon they sought after. ZZLZZ was after the Mythical Genesect- after hearing its story, she felt a strange sort of kinship, saw some parallels between it and herself. Both of them, after all, had ended up forcibly altered by forces beyond their control, and had to learn to live with the changes that had occurred. ZZLZZ might not have had it in her to adjust to her condition were it not for the love and support of Eddie Starmie and his parents, who by now were nothing less than family to ZZLZZ, and so she sought to be to Genesect what Eddie was to her.

Maribel's objective wasn't much like that, and yet, there was still some depth to it nonetheless. She had come across pictures of Spectrier in her reading up on old legends, and took an immediate liking to such a beautiful creature. And so, she read up all the more about it. And what she learned got her wondering. Most of everything that had been said about Spectrier was in the context of its servitude to the King of Bountiful Harvests- a legendary Pokémon called Calyrex. Spectrier wasn't talked about much on its own, typically referred to as just the king's loyal steed. And that... that hit closer to home than Maribel had realized. She loved both her parents very much, and was quite proud to be their daughter. But at the same time, she didn't want to exist forever in their shadow. She wanted to be known as more than just the daughter of Fizzytopia's two best Pokémon Trainers. She wanted her own claim to fame, much like her mother- Willa Masters hadn't been content to bask in her mother's spotlight, but sought a spotlight of her own instead. Her own claim to fame. Maribel wanted to be a great Trainer just like her parents, but she didn't want to just be known as her parents' daughter. If she could seek out and befriend Spectrier, perhaps the two could seek out their own fortunes together, Maribel emerging from the shadow of her parents, Spectrier emerging from the shadow of Calyrex. Certainly a far cry from wanting to dress it up and parade it around, wouldn't you say?

Nevertheless, the point was moot, at least for now- there was no sign of Spectrier, or indeed, anything else. But that wasn't exactly the worst thing- it gave Maribel and Rhyperior a chance to admire their beautiful surroundings.

"Rhyyyyy..." blubbered Rhyperior, her eyes welling up with gritty tears of emotion as she beheld the beautiful landscape. One arm was around her Trainer, with Maribel happily hugging the Ground/Rock-type back.

"I know- it's so beautiful," smiled Maribel. "And not a soul around... it's perfect, isn't it?"

"Rhypeeeeriiiii!!" Rhyperior nodded, beginning to blubber emotionally.

"...and what's more," said Maribel. "It's exactly the sort of environment Spectrier might find quiet enough for its liking. So let's keep moving and looking, OK, Rhyperior?" she added. "If you need a moment, then by all means, but when you're ready, let's keep moving, OK?"

"...rhy, rhyrhy!" grunted Rhyperior. She still admired her surroundings in pure awe, but she had wiped away the tears and nodded firmly, ready to keep moving. Maribel nodded back, and let the way onward, keeping her eyes and ears open.
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:43 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Reload
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,691
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick I don't like them innocent, I don't want no face fresh

blu3shift-

Waltzing in on the scene, you decide to... do nothing. You too lock up, seeing nature about to take its course. You wished, desperately, to not get involved. Not see Pokemon come to harm. After all, the original Plasma creed had its grip tightly on you. But this, too, was nature. This was the natural world. Even if People weren't harming Pokemon... they were harming each other. Predators would consume prey, and the cycle would continue.

So was it best, to sit back and let nature take its course? You could see the fearful, pleading eyes of the Venipede flash through your mind. It was wanting your help. It was wanting you to save it. And the aggressive nature of the Tranquil. It was harrying the Venipede, preparing it as its lunch. Even if these creatures were usually peaceful, and Venipedes usually aggressive... the tables had turned. When it came to predator and prey, all preconceived notions were off. Yet you did not move. Your phone did.

Taking quick action, the Rotom popped out of the cell phone. Intent on neutralizing the threat before you, the poltergeist fired off a Charge Beam. The move hit the Tranquil square in the left wing, and it let out a squawk of surprise. It certainly wasn't expecting a super effective attack today! Yet, it wasn't backing down. It tries to assault the Rotom with a Quick Attack, only for the move to phase through the electric ghost. Bewildered, the Tranquil angrily squawks and starts to fly off. Best to sip regret, then swallow death.

Ion has gained a level chasing off the Tranquil!

Though, you were too wrapped in what was occurring before you... That you didn't see what was happening behind you. Well. On you. You felt a giant weight on your right shoulder and turned to see the Venipede hanging onto it, seeming to watch the battle. From the looks of it... this one was not wildborne. It was too familiar with people. Yet, how did it get here? And why was it on your shoulder?

What do you do?


Missingno. Master-

Oh, try and deny it all you want. The peanut gallery has already formed its opinions on the giant bow that will be bestowed on Spectrier. Though, fret not. That's a matter of tracking down the swift steed first. With its long, ghastly mane. It's large, fluttering lashes. And it's detached feet. Truly, this spectral ride was one of the fastest Pokemon around. Much faster than its strong, brunt counterpart in Glastrier.

You remark on how quiet this place was... and you'd be right. You can hear the wind wick and weave through the long grasses. Barely even hear the shuffling of Pokemon as they hide beneath. Some patches were so tall that even you would be swimming in the agate seas. If not for a big, tall Pokemon like Rhyperior... your ship would've been sunk.

Yet, try as you might, you encounter nothing of import. Nothing of interest. Not here, in these long, feathery grasses. All you can feel is a cool, dewey wind. You both look for an hour, hearing the occasional Pokemon moving. Yet you don't see that dark purple anywhere in your peripherals. You start to feel your heart sink. You had a promise to fulfill. And if you knew how easily she found her mark... No. That'd break your heart.

So, you return to your painstaking search and finally see something. Off in the distance, what looked to be crunched grasses. Flattened, with a hoove print emblazoned into it. This was... somewhat fresh, based on how the grass was starting to dry. It seemed something equine was here recently. You look around and see them head towards one of the hills, covered with swaths of wildflowers. Yet, there seems to be a different path, heading even further into the brush.

Where do you go?
__________________


It's Full Moon again
Crazy how time flies
When I wonder if the path is in the right direction
But I do believe, things come to life by accident

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:27 PM   #11
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
blu3shift-

Waltzing in on the scene, you decide to... do nothing. You too lock up, seeing nature about to take its course. You wished, desperately, to not get involved. Not see Pokemon come to harm. After all, the original Plasma creed had its grip tightly on you. But this, too, was nature. This was the natural world. Even if People weren't harming Pokemon... they were harming each other. Predators would consume prey, and the cycle would continue.

So was it best, to sit back and let nature take its course? You could see the fearful, pleading eyes of the Venipede flash through your mind. It was wanting your help. It was wanting you to save it. And the aggressive nature of the Tranquil. It was harrying the Venipede, preparing it as its lunch. Even if these creatures were usually peaceful, and Venipedes usually aggressive... the tables had turned. When it came to predator and prey, all preconceived notions were off. Yet you did not move. Your phone did.

Taking quick action, the Rotom popped out of the cell phone. Intent on neutralizing the threat before you, the poltergeist fired off a Charge Beam. The move hit the Tranquil square in the left wing, and it let out a squawk of surprise. It certainly wasn't expecting a super effective attack today! Yet, it wasn't backing down. It tries to assault the Rotom with a Quick Attack, only for the move to phase through the electric ghost. Bewildered, the Tranquil angrily squawks and starts to fly off. Best to sip regret, then swallow death.

Ion has gained a level chasing off the Tranquil!

Though, you were too wrapped in what was occurring before you... That you didn't see what was happening behind you. Well. On you. You felt a giant weight on your right shoulder and turned to see the Venipede hanging onto it, seeming to watch the battle. From the looks of it... this one was not wildborne. It was too familiar with people. Yet, how did it get here? And why was it on your shoulder?

What do you do?
Elijah was more than a little miffed watching the dust settle from the conflict. He'd gotten Ion to promise not to put him in a situation that he wasn't comfortable with and that had all blown up in his face in an instant. He didn't care what that Tranquill was up to, he just didn't want to see anyone get hurt! He'd seen too much during his Plasma days to want to have to bear witness to that again. He visibly fumed, lowering his eyebrows at Ion, who had since returned to the Rotom Phone.

"Look, it was either me attacking or the bird pecking your face in. Sometimes you just gotta battle to save yourself," Ion responded, defending himself before Elijah even had a chance to say anything. "Bug on your shoulder, by the way."

Elijah froze as he suddenly became aware of the twelve pounds or so of arthropod bearing down on his right shoulder. The Venipede had jumped him without him even noticing. Was it going in for the kill? He didn't know... but it was hiding behind him a minute ago, and it seemed that he hadn't been poisoned at all considering that he wasn't writhing in pain on the ground. Maybe his clothes were protecting him? Or maybe it wasn't aggressive like he had been led to believe? Was this the result of human intervention? Was there someone else out here?

Elijah didn't really want to answer any of those questions.

"Oh. Oh," Ion interjected in realization, having taken the time away from battle to perform a quick Pokédex scan on the Venipede. "That's the Pokémon that you said that you were afraid of or whatever. You said that Venipede was really aggressive, something, something... super poisonous, too, could mess you up if it touches you... yeah, okay, I get what's going on now."

The Rotom Phone bowed in a greeting that managed to be silly and formal at the same time. "Okay, well, I'm Ion, I'm this guy's Pokémon, even if he says that I'm not right because you're not supposed to have them or whatever. Mr. I-Really-Need-A-Hug over here—" he pointed to Elijah to the best of his ability, "—Elijah, if you wanna call him by his actual name, he's really mopey about stuff. Bit of a pain when he's afraid of battling, but I bet I can get him out of his shell eventually. Um, my Pokédex here says that you are supposed to be aggressive and all of that, but it looks like you aren't, so tell ya what, neither of us can understand what you're saying but are you gonna do that to him? And, um, you're safe to touch, right?" He asked the Venipede in earnest, revealing just a bit too much about Elijah and his relationship with himself. He took a moment to try and gather as much information on the bug in his Pokédex as possible in the meantime, predicting that it wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

Elijah suppressed the overwhelming urge to scream at Ion, instead opting for the worst stink-eye that he could muster.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:23 AM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master-

Oh, try and deny it all you want. The peanut gallery has already formed its opinions on the giant bow that will be bestowed on Spectrier. Though, fret not. That's a matter of tracking down the swift steed first. With its long, ghastly mane. It's large, fluttering lashes. And it's detached feet. Truly, this spectral ride was one of the fastest Pokemon around. Much faster than its strong, brunt counterpart in Glastrier.

You remark on how quiet this place was... and you'd be right. You can hear the wind wick and weave through the long grasses. Barely even hear the shuffling of Pokemon as they hide beneath. Some patches were so tall that even you would be swimming in the agate seas. If not for a big, tall Pokemon like Rhyperior... your ship would've been sunk.

Yet, try as you might, you encounter nothing of import. Nothing of interest. Not here, in these long, feathery grasses. All you can feel is a cool, dewey wind. You both look for an hour, hearing the occasional Pokemon moving. Yet you don't see that dark purple anywhere in your peripherals. You start to feel your heart sink. You had a promise to fulfill. And if you knew how easily she found her mark... No. That'd break your heart.

So, you return to your painstaking search and finally see something. Off in the distance, what looked to be crunched grasses. Flattened, with a hoove print emblazoned into it. This was... somewhat fresh, based on how the grass was starting to dry. It seemed something equine was here recently. You look around and see them head towards one of the hills, covered with swaths of wildflowers. Yet, there seems to be a different path, heading even further into the brush.

Where do you go?
With the ultimate fate of Spectrier, and by extension, Spectrier's dignity, called into question by forces beyond the comprehen- wait, what- Rotom- hey, you can't do that-

Zip it, keyboard man. Hey, you! Yeah, you! What sort of shallow, superficial stereotype do you take Maribel Masters for, huh? A giant bow attached to the legendary Spectrier, my battery pack! She's got far more respect for her Pokémon than to doll them all up all frilly and frou-frou, unless of course that's what they want. Hell, even me- do you see a single flower or frill, or Thundurus forbid, one of those wretched pop socket deals, on my case? No, you damn well don't!

Arceus damn it, Rotom, you're gonna get me banned! How did you even get on this side of the fourth wall, anyway?

Hey, you're writing this on your laptop. Laptops is electronics. I'm a Rotom. I'm in your electronics. It's what we do. Alright, fine, though, I think I made my point anyhow. Just, if any y'all tell Maribel I stuck up for her like this I'mma Thunder Shock your face in.

"...Rotom, did something just happen?" Maribel asked, taking her Rotom Phone out of her bag. "I thought I just heard you re-enter the phone...?"

"Nah, been in here the whole time," yawned the lying Rotom who lies. "Powered off and on for shits and giggles, and also maybe some stupid security update, I dunno, I don't read that crap. Why, what, you actually heard that?"

"Yeah, it's that quiet around here," Maribel stated. "Still no sign of Spectrier."

"Rhyyyy," Rhyperior quietly whined in agreement.

"Ah, it's OK, Rhyperior," Maribel sighed, petting the emotional Drill Pokémon. "We'll find it... sooner or later... hey, Rotom?" she asked.

"Hmm?" Rotom buzzed lazily.

"Do you think ZZLZZ has found Genesect by now?"

Rotom considered this. It really shouldn't have known the truth, but it did. The question, however, was more about what it would say to Maribel here. She was disheartened enough as it was- the truth would surely break her heart. And so, Rotom decided to be a lying Rotom who lies once again, but this time with far better intentions. "...nah, no way, not yet," it said, trying to sound casual. "If you ain't found this Spectrier thing, then I'd bet my case she hasn't seen claw nor cannon of Genesect yet."

"...yeah, true," Maribel nodded. "I mean, ZZLZZ is good, but we are talking legendary and Mythical Pokémon here... well, we'll both find what we're after before long," she added, the smile returning to her face. And the search resumed in earnest, with even her Rotom Phone joining in. And it was Rotom who spotted something.

"...hey, Maribel. Come over here," Rotom said. "Take a look at this."

Maribel hurried over, and looked at what Rotom had snapped a picture of- first in the picture, then by looking at it in real life. "...that's a hoof print," she breathed. "There's been a horse Pokémon of some sort through here recently."

"Rhyyyy!" Rhyperior grunted joyously.

"All right, now where do these tracks lead?" Maribel murmured. "They look fresh..." And as she looked around, she saw exactly where they headed- towards one of the hills, covered with wildflowers. She also saw a different path, leading further into the brush. "...Hmm," she considered. "It'd be darker in there, wouldn't it... that'd suit Spectrier more," she realized. "All right- we're headed in there," she decided.

"Rhyyyy!" Rhyperior grunted in decisive agreement, following right behind her Trainer.


*As a result of reaching 15 Synergy, Rhyperior learned the unnatural MT move Corrosive Gas!*
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.