UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 04-08-2022, 01:49 AM   #1
AlexanderAnderson1990

Halo Tv Series

What are your opinions about this series. So far I've seen the first one.
So, for episode 1, they've taken all of the darkest qualities of the Halo books and turned them into the series' backbone. It's more complicated from the start, yet the mood is a little muddy.

Surprisingly, I felt Chief pulling off his helmet was the episode's best moment. His stoic but perplexed 'I don't know' compensated for all of his circling and looking at the treasure. I get the impression that they're setting up a 'No Way Home'-style reverse-origin tale, and that the season will end with Chief acknowledging his background and committing to winning the Human/Covenant battle.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
So um, this is awkward. The dumb bot actually spoiled the first episode but I am watching this.

It's a poor man's The Mandalorian and it's actually following some of the same plot beats as Mando (i.e., Master Chief going on the run while taking a ward).

It's watchable. I'd recommend it. Definitely has flaws though, but it's Paramount+ best series I think.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:16 AM   #3
JamesJackson98
Pokemon Trainer

I'm not really the fan of it. I've had different expectations for the show. If it was named into something else, I think it's fine. Sometimes Master Chief doesn't seem to be the most important hero here...

That's why I have the same problem with The Witcher. I've read all the books and played all the games. The show just takes the names and changes them into it's own thing. As a regular fantasy show - it's fine. As a Witcher series - not a fan of it at all.
JamesJackson98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment