UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #51
grassyglide
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post
grassyglide:

The task placed upon your shoulders is no small one, especially for someone who wound up in the middle of this mess mostly by chance. Or was it chance? These are Fortune’s Woods after all… Clearly, the Kirlia trust you enough to ask all this of you – although they are known to be especially attuned to human feelings, so it’s not like they’re taking much of a gamble by betting on you to help. Whether Eevee will prove as helpful is another matter entirely…

The shrine has been brought mostly to ruin, even if its mystical aura could not be shattered. Still, wood could, and was, and that is why you’re here still – to help rebuild what was defiled and broken. For that, according to the twins, you will need sacred wood, which despite sounding quite solemn, is also quite foreign to you. Fortunately, not for Eevee it seems, at least judging by the way it immediately springs to action at the mention of said item. The fox yelps and stiffens its body, tail standing upright, the quadruped version of what you assume a cadet would look like upon taking orders from his drill sergeant. Then, it closes its briefly as if trying to sense something, in what is definitely a rare – if brief - display of calmness from the hairy bundle of energy. Then, more in character, it darts ahead without warning, disappearing into a nearby bush, vanishing from sight.

“It beckons you follow. Our gratitude once more for you aid, human. Know that it shall not go unrewarded.”

The Kirlia twins bow their heads simultaneously. You return the gesture before making haste after Eevee, Wisewoods flying close by, before you lose track of it for good. And lose it you do, not long after, when much to your dismay you realize the fox is nowhere to be found and wasn’t even heavy enough to leave prints! It takes Wisewoods gaining some elevation to finally spot Eevee up ahead, ad guided by the Rowlet, you finally catch up to it. By now, the shrine is far behind you, and you’re not even sure you could retrace your steps back to it if you wanted.

You reach the clearing Wisewoods lead you to. Eevee is indeed standing there, but strangely immobile, and you sense apprehension from it. It looks around rather frantically, as if scared or confused. Looking ahead, you realize why. There is only one path forward, an opening on the other side of the clearing leading deeper into the forest. However, it is blocked by something very unusual: a whirlwind of colored leaves, spinning around in midair in a mesmerizing dance. As soon as you take a couple of step forwards, toward the path, the leaves fly in your direction, threatening to slice you up, before flying across the air and gathering again on the same spot, resuming their airborne dance. It looks even stranger on closer inspection: the whirlwind is formed not only by green and red leaves, but also small pink petals and, strangest of all, tiny snowflakes as well…

It seems you will have to find a way through. If this is a barrier created by Kirlias’ servants, perhaps guessing who they are and calling out to them and explaining your cause would allow you to pass? Or perhaps you’d prefer a more… practical approach?

"Eevee! Wait up!" Argyle shouted.

Argyle had asked Eevee to lead the way to the sacred wood. Eevee seemed to understand the target but maybe in his excitement forgot about the whole "leading Argyle and Wisewoods" part. We're gonna have to work on that... Argyle noted.

"Where'd you go, Eevee?!" Argyle shouted. If the Eevee heard him, it didn't bother to travel back to Argyle. Argyle was just gonna have to find the Eevee on his own. "Wisewoods, please fly up and locate him," Argyle asked. What would I have done without you, Argyle expressed his gratitude. The fox had not left any tracks to follow, after all so without Wisewoods' aerial advantage Argyle would've been lost.

It didn't take long for the Grass Quill Pokemon to locate the Eevee and not much after did Argyle and Wisewoods reach him.

"Eevee, what did I tell you about staying calm, you can't go running..." Argyle had started chastising the fox as he had approached the Eevee but trailed off. "Uuh... Eevee are you alright?" Argyle was surprised to find the hyperactive Pokemon to now be standing completely immobilized. Not only that, but there was also something off about the Pokemon. It seemed tense. Argyle's eyes followed Eevee's gaze and saw it: the only path leading to the deeper parts of the forest were blocked by leaves dancing in a whirlwind of sorts.

Argyle approached it slowly and the leaves suddenly launched towards him. The message was clear: take another step and Argyle would be sliced up.

"Guess we can't just can't go through. Eevee is this the shrine Pokemons' doing?" Argyle asked. The Kirlia had mentioned a barrier to help protect the shrine, but if it was the Kirlias' doing then Eevee would probably know about it. Then why would he be so afraid or confused? Plus, the Kirlia seemed smart, they would've known to let down the barrier to allow for Eevee and co. to pass. At least that's what Argyle thought.

Argyle examined the dancing leaves and noticed pink petals along with snowflakes. "That's weird..." he simply commented. Were some Pokemon using moves to generate this? Was this the doing of some spirits? If it was a Pokemon move, maybe Wisewoods could counteract it with one of his own.

He shook his head. If there were Pokemon generating this or if these leaves were sentient maybe he should just plead his case. So, he did just that: "Uh... gatekeeper? We need to pass through to collect material for the damaged shrine. Could you please make way?"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #52
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
@Saiza
Perking up as the groundskeeper leaves the Growlithe barks happily, causing the last of the plant viscera to drop from its mouth before it follows you towards the festival. As you make your way over you notice as nearby nobles give you confused looks and whisper to one another as they look at various parts of your outfit and the dog pokemon in your possession.

Furthering your way down you soon pass by the large purple & gold tent from you saw the Furfrou and their master enter earlier, with Growlithe seeming to tug away from it at every given opportunity. Surprised by the sudden resistance you look towards the upper, causing you to notice a series of much smaller white square-shaped tents ling the outer wall of the amphitheater.

With your gaze returned to it the Growlithe's face quickly takes on a look of terror as a dark shadow looms over you, the woman from earlier looking at both it and you with contempt before saying "Hmmph, didn't think I'd be seeing you again soon. Figures you'd get picked up by some filthy lowborn."

"Listen, child, this here is a dignified event for folk greater than you and impure mutts like that thing. I don't know how that creature found its way to you but know that no good will come of it.

I suggest you take your leave of this place and give up on any ideas that you might join this competition or find someone to take that Growlithe off your hands"

Turning away from you the noblewoman walks away, her Furfrou kicking some dirt into Growlithe's face before haughtily following suit, the pair entering one of the white tents off in the distance.

Shaking the dirt off its face Growlithe gains a bit of bravado as they exit from view, letting loose a few parting barks before turning to you with an intense look in its eyes before performing a point action at the large tent.


@Blue
Making your way down the path and towards the clearing you notice your Porygon hovering by the final arch leading to the clearing of which instantly catches your eyes, a brief sense of wonder temporarily snapping you out of your funk as you take in the sight of a small town formed out of mist and junk.

Entering through, your partner follows you in as the sight before the both of you expands allowing you to make out a tea house, general store, town hall, and a small alcove all neatly constructed out of and lined with old appliances, toys, and other such things.

Before long, however, you are startled by another flash of orange and cyan lights at the location of the alcove, followed by yet another laughing bolt of electricity zooming past you, into a nearby broken park clock and back out only to take the form of a Rotom who giggles maniacally as additional groans echo throughout the landscape. Turning your attention to the groans you notice a small sphere of ghostly energy fly out of the alcove, zooming past you and towards the hovering plasma spirit who darts out of the way and out of sight.

Surprised your eyes are left to fixate on the source of the attack, a rather grumpy looking Galarian Weezing who roars at their fleeing aggressor before giving you a pained and almost pleading look for help.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #53
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
@Blue
Making your way down the path and towards the clearing you notice your Porygon hovering by the final arch leading to the clearing of which instantly catches your eyes, a brief sense of wonder temporarily snapping you out of your funk as you take in the sight of a small town formed out of mist and junk.

Entering through, your partner follows you in as the sight before the both of you expands allowing you to make out a tea house, general store, town hall, and a small alcove all neatly constructed out of and lined with old appliances, toys, and other such things.

Before long, however, you are startled by another flash of orange and cyan lights at the location of the alcove, followed by yet another laughing bolt of electricity zooming past you, into a nearby broken park clock and back out only to take the form of a Rotom who giggles maniacally as additional groans echo throughout the landscape. Turning your attention to the groans you notice a small sphere of ghostly energy fly out of the alcove, zooming past you and towards the hovering plasma spirit who darts out of the way and out of sight.

Surprised your eyes are left to fixate on the source of the attack, a rather grumpy looking Galarian Weezing who roars at their fleeing aggressor before giving you a pained and almost pleading look for help.
Elijah stopped to take a breath after chasing after his malfunctioning Porygon. What had he gotten himself into this time? All that running through the forest to keep a hold of whatever he had left and all he got was a gigantic scrapyard of a town.

No, really. Everything here seemed to be some sort of old and abandoned gizmo or structure. Rusted appliances lined the foggy streets, crumbling buildings boldly offered services that probably were long gone beyond this point, and there were so many toys haphazardly scattered all over the place, as he learned the hard way when he stepped on a rubber Ducklett and all but jumped three feet in the air as a squeak pierced the silence—or at least it would be silent if it wasn't punctuated by some sort of moaning. Either way, the town (or, as he was calling it from now on, "the junkyard") seemed to be just as gloomy as he was.

And then there was that lightning thing, finally revealing itself to him after flying out of some alcove and a quick jaunt to and from a nearby park clock. Small, orange, had some sort of zappy aura to it... this was definitely not something that he'd seen before. Trying to identify the strange figure in front of him, he pointed his Pokédex at it, and... nothing. In all of his stupor, he forgot about the stupid battery being dead. Sighing, he put the device back into his pocket where it belonged; "orange electric thing" was going to have to do for now. He was about to try to dig deeper when an orb of some sort of energy flew past him and towards the mysterious Pokémon, only for it to dodge the attack and disappear. He turned around to see another Pokémon emerge from the shadows from behind him, revealing itself to be the source of all that moaning.

Okay, at least he could... sort of recognize this one? It definitely looked like a Weezing, but at the same time it didn't look like a Weezing. Instead of its characteristic purple, it was covered in a dark gray. Smog seemed to collect around it instead of pouring around its body, forming what seemed to be moustaches and beards on its two heads. And that wasn't even mentioning the ridiculous top hats on top of it that looked more like smokestacks than anything else. Whatever it was, it still looked like a Weezing, so he was going to call it a Weezing. And it looked like it wanted... help.

"Let me guess... you want me to do something about that electric whatever that just left, even if I have no idea what's going on, and if I can even do anything about it, and I'm not even sure who the good guy even is in this situation, and... ugh," Elijah groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "...I'm dealing with a lot right now."
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:50 PM   #54
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for light
Posts: 6,469
Lil' Bluey

Lil'twick – Wasting no time, you leap to Whimsicott’s defense on behalf of the baker’s belittled ego and bruised work, not at all pleased to see such effort be dismissed and dirtied like that. Volunteering your own services in exchange for Carrot’s release, the guards ready their spears in response as Custard prepares to whip up a massive wind to blow them all away should your request be refused – but the Vileplume holds up a hand to stay its sentries, stroking its petals thoughtfully with the other as it eyes you up and down.

“A foreigner, eh? …Very well then, perhaps your human tastes will have something novel to offer. But, if what you produce fails to live up to expectations, then the consequences will be quite severe…” The plant grins wickedly in warning. “Why, we might just have to boil and serve you instead.”

Some of the surrounding servants snicker while others exchange uneasy glances, clearly unsure of the seriousness of such a threat given the king’s temperament. Before you can question or raise complaint, the king claps its purple paws and commands the cowering cook: “Chef, take this human with you to the kitchen, and have him show you the cuisine of his kind!”

Knowing better than to try and protest when its monarch was in this kind of mood, the Whimsicott meekly bows in understanding and starts to usher you off with urgency. As it turns its back, you notice Cottonee hiding within the fluff poke its head out slightly and raise a leaf to its eye in a rude gesture aimed at the ruler, before quickly ducking back in again; fortunately the taunt goes unnoticed by the tyrant who’s already distracted by berating another underling for hanging a decoration in the wrong place, and any other subjects who happen to observe the joey’s jeer willfully turn a blind eye whilst giggling to themselves, before being barked orders at as well and standing at attention again. (Meanwhile Seedot seems to have fully fallen asleep in the bushes behind you, and you half pity the poor acorn should it be discovered dozing on the job, wondering if it might share the same cruel and unusual punishment of being made into a meal – and if so would it be considered vegan or cannibalism?)

…At any rate, you’ve your own concerns to worry about now, as Whimsicott leads you to another section of the woods which is clearly set up as a makeshift kitchenette of sorts, with a quaint outdoors oven built of simple stone and clay. While somewhat primitive, care was clearly taken in its construction to create an effective working space and tools. Whimsicott lowers to you with an apologetic air – almost appearing ashamed of how crude its cooking station must appear to an outsider – as Kadabra translates for you once again:

“I am sorry this is all we have, and for how His Majesty has treated you… Normally he is not this harsh or demanding, but when it comes to the Princess in his opinion everything must be absolutely perfect… Although I know she’s loved Golden Nanab Nut Cake since she was but a young bud, perhaps it has grown a bit tiresome to prepare the same standard every year… If you could teach me the ways of human cooking to improve the quality of the royal dishes, I would be forever grateful and in your debt.”

As you take stock of the pantry’s inventory, you find it filled to the brim with Fruit Bunches, Fancy Apples, and various Berries. On another shelf there’s a bottle of homemade maple syrup sugar, along with Fresh Cream, butter, and milk blended mostly from nuts rather than dairy (containers kept cool courtesy of a natural underground spring). There are also plenty of eggs available (presumably stolen from some unsuspecting bird Pokémon’s nest), and mixing/measuring utensils carved of wood and heat-resistant rock when appropriate, so it seems you’re relatively well equipped to begin baking almost any type of pastry (even if you have to make do with some creative ingredient substitutions compared to modern confections). Cottonee pops out of its parent’s floof once again to watch curiously as a tall and mysterious stranger takes charge of the stove, and with both pairs of wide eyes as an audience – as well as possibly your life on the line – the pressure is on to craft a true masterpiece… if not perform a culinary miracle.

What do you do?

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 07-16-2021 at 07:53 AM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #55
Raves
a quick fly cuppa
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 2,452
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'twick
Raves-

You snip the flower from its stem, you feel an immense warmth rush through you. It felt invigorating at first, but then your blood started to boil. The spider lily started to ooze out an ichorous substance, covering your arm. It started rushing from the flower, covering Xigua at first, and then the rest of the meadow. No one seemed to notice it but you, but for that, it seemed to be too late.

Everything was red now, and the smell of iron permeated the air. The area was enveloped within a red mist, causing it to feel extremely humid. But, it was warm and inviting. You felt dizzy but euphoric as the mist drew you in. It was intoxicating, and it was obviously not just you that was being affected. Xigua and Stasis were both affected by this mist, seeming to have the time of their lives.

Then, everything went dark. You could no longer see your Pokemon, hear the people around you, or even feel. All of your senses were gone, except for the flower you still held in your hand. Its magic served as a sort of anchor within this darkness.

"The end of something old, the start of something new. But now, with new-found purpose."

You felt the words probe your mind, the flower glowing a vivid crimson as they did. Was the flower the one communicating with you? It certainly felt like it, but at the same time, you really didn't know. It was hard to discern things within this void.

"Now come, receiving the passage of your Judgement child."

The warmth left the flower, and you felt like you were about to drift away into nothingness.

In Darkness Blooms the Spider Lily
Camellias for the Body
Violets for the Heart
And Asters for the Soul

You hear an ancient voice whisper. Archaic magics were stirring, far beyond your control or comprehension. Everything then turned to white, and you could feel yourself having control over your body once more.

Looking around, the meadow looked different. Everything was covered in white... Snow. It was certainly snow. You could see your Pokemon looking around confused. Wasn't it just bright and sunny a moment ago? Looking at your hand, you still held the Spider Lily, it looking as it was before you cut it.

What just happened? Judgment? It certainly fits the name of this place, but it was all so confusing. The only thing you had to work off of was that weird poem if you could call it that. You do notice, though, that there seems to be a faint light ahead. Is it just the sun gleaming off of the snow, or something more?

What do you do?
OOC: Given timey-wimey nonsense, for intents and purposes Xigua is now a Golisopod.

Snip.

As soon as small scissors cut through soft green flesh, everything went completely nuts. The teen felt warm, then hot, then too hot, but he couldn't cry out, for it wasn't painfully hot. The spider lily began to strangely bleed, and as the substance swamped over him and his two pokemon, he started to panic, but as his eyesight turned scarlet, and the air bloomed with ferrous tones, the red mist around him made Rory feel as though he was flowing through the blood of the meadow, and strangely it felt wonderful.

As things started to feel like it would last forever, lost in a lotus eater of mist, everything went dark, as though a light had just went out. No, not just that, he couldn't breathe or even feel. It was as if he had just ceased to be. All but him and the flower in his hand, which then led to a voice in his head.

Something old, something new? Purpose? he thought, the flower glowing in tune with the words, then he saw nothing as he closed his eyes briefly. And as he did so, he received his Judgement.

"In Darkness Blooms the Spider Lily
Camellias for the Body
Violets for the Heart
And Asters for the Soul"

Things were becoming a bit too much for Rory, even though he, at that moment, couldn't comprehend much, given the lack of senses. A voice whispered, things before him flowed and ebbed, outwith his logic.

And then everything went white.

Rory could feel something crunch beneath his feet as he opened his eyes. Snow. This was snow. A sudden inhalation of crisp, cold air.

"Hrrr..." he shivered suddenly, as he spotted Xig and Statis, the two seemingly confused, though the former perked up on spotting his trainer. "W-what was...where'd th-the sun go?"

The teen looked at his hand, and the spider lily that remained there, as pristine as before. A glimmer of light in the distance caught his eye, and as he thought to the poem, he gave a slow shrug, and felt as though the light in the distance would possibly give him a clue as to what was going on. Either way, he motioned wordlessly to the small psychic type and large bug, and the trio began to traipse their way to the light, the boy still holding the flower.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #56
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Lil'twick – Wasting no time, you leap to Whimsicott’s defense on behalf of the baker’s belittled ego and bruised work, not at all pleased to see such effort be dismissed and dirtied like that. Volunteering your own services in exchange for Carrot’s release, the guards ready their spears in response as Custard prepares to whip up a massive wind to blow them all away should your request be refused – but the Vileplume holds up a hand to stay its sentries, stroking its petals thoughtfully with the other as it eyes you up and down.

“A foreigner, eh? …Very well then, perhaps your human tastes will have something novel to offer. But, if what you produce fails to live up to expectations, then the consequences will be quite severe…” The plant grins wickedly in warning. “Why, we might just have to boil and serve you instead.”

Some of the surrounding servants snicker while others exchange uneasy glances, clearly unsure of the seriousness of such a threat given the king’s temperament. Before you can question or raise complaint, the king claps its purple paws and commands the cowering cook: “Chef, take this human with you to the kitchen, and have him show you the cuisine of his kind!”

Knowing better than to try and protest when its monarch was in this kind of mood, the Whimsicott meekly bows in understanding and starts to usher you off with urgency. As it turns its back, you notice Cottonee hiding within the fluff poke its head out slightly and raise a leaf to its eye in a rude gesture aimed at the ruler, before quickly ducking back in again; fortunately the taunt goes unnoticed by the tyrant who’s already distracted by berating another underling for hanging a decoration in the wrong place, and any other subjects who happen to observe the joey’s jeer willfully turn a blind eye whilst giggling to themselves, before being barked orders at as well and standing at attention again. (Meanwhile Seedot seems to have fully fallen asleep in the bushes behind you, and you half pity the poor acorn should it be discovered dozing on the job, wondering if it might share the same cruel and unusual punishment of being made into a meal – and if so would it be considered vegan or cannibalism?)

…At any rate, you’ve your own concerns to worry about now, as Whimsicott leads you to another section of the woods which is clearly set up as a makeshift kitchenette of sorts, with a quaint outdoors oven built of simple stone and clay. While somewhat primitive, care was clearly taken in its construction to create an effective working space and tools. Whimsicott lowers to you with an apologetic air – almost appearing ashamed of how crude its cooking station must appear to an outsider – as Kadabra translates for you once again:

“I am sorry this is all we have, and for how His Majesty has treated you… Normally he is not this harsh or demanding, but when it comes to the Princess in his opinion everything must be absolutely perfect… Although I know she’s loved Golden Nanab Nut Cake since she was but a young bud, perhaps it has grown a bit tiresome to prepare the same standard every year… If you could teach me the ways of human cooking to improve the quality of the royal dishes, I would be forever grateful and in your debt.”

As you take stock of the pantry’s inventory, you find it filled to the brim with Fruit Bunches, Fancy Apples, and various Berries. On another shelf there’s a bottle of homemade maple syrup sugar, along with Fresh Cream, butter, and milk blended mostly from nuts rather than dairy (containers kept cool courtesy of a natural underground spring). There are also plenty of eggs available (presumably stolen from some unsuspecting bird Pokémon’s nest), and mixing/measuring utensils carved of wood and heat-resistant rock when appropriate, so it seems you’re relatively well equipped to begin baking almost any type of pastry (even if you have to make do with some creative ingredient substitutions compared to modern confections). Cottonee pops out of its parent’s floof once again to watch curiously as a tall and mysterious stranger takes charge of the stove, and with both pairs of wide eyes as an audience – as well as possibly your life on the line – the pressure is on to craft a true masterpiece… if not perform a culinary miracle.

What do you do?
The situation at hand was not quite what he expected it to be. EIther make a cake to impress, or become food. Well, wasn't this situation oddly familiar? The threat of being consumed twice in one day. Really, can't these Pokemon find a better diet than humans? There's no nutritional value to be had there... In fact, eating one is a health detriment.

No matter, this was his element. Sure, he had to be careful to not screw up here. It was more than his life on the line here. Carrot would be turned into a new tiara if he failed. But, with his skills, there was no way he could fail. All he could do now was peruse the pantry to see what they had available.

Leo only half-listened to the Kadabra as he began to take stock of the makeshift kitchen. Berries, flours, non-dairy milk... Yet still eggs. Not completely vegan, but something that he was fine with. Eggs were too good of binders to really try and avoid here. Though, there was a recipe or two that he knew that didn't call for them.

"So the king is tired of that flavor..." Leo muttered once the Kadabra-Uxie was done translating the Whimsicott's plight. Even if the princess loved it, in the end, it was up to the king of the forest to like a flavor.

A forest of luck and darkness... Well, this was surprisingly easy. Of course, if the princess loves sweet, creamy flavors with crunch, and the king wanted something he never had seen before. Then there was one answer. Unfortunately, his original plan had to go to the wayside. No chestnuts were in sight, so no Mont Blanc. But...

This would work. Going towards the berries, he grabbed handfuls of Cheri, Occa, and Roseli berries. He then worked through the flours and managed to find a kind of cake flour. Grabbing the maple sugar and some salt, he began to combine his dry ingredients.

"Custard, take the water, butter, milk, and if you can find some a tinge of oil and mix the wet ingredients! Knowing your Super Luck, I'm sure you'll find something! Pie, fill a pot with water, and take it to boil. Once that's done, take the stems off of the Roseli berries and stew them into syrup! Glace, give Pie a Helping Hand to make sure he doesn't eat everything!" Leo orders the three members of his team current out to help assist with the baking process.

He then takes out one more Poke Balls and tosses it. An Audino comes out, a little confused. The two Pokemon look at him a bit confused, and then see what the situation going on is. Baking, and something that looked more complicated than what everyone was used to.

"Waffle, I want you to work the Occa Berries, separate the butter from the beans and then dry and them to make cocoa powder! Once that's done, give me that so I can stir it into the flour mix," he orders the Audino.

"Once everyone is done with their task, let me know!" Leo states, setting down the flour mix bowl. He then looks towards the rest of the Pokemon in the kitchen.

"Don't think you two can get away with standing there. Uxie, I know this kind of thing is usually beneath a Pokemon of your status, but I'm sure your wisdom will help us here. Could you please determine the right ratio of cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves for a Spiced Black Forest Cake, please? Once you're done, giving them to Waffle to grind down and add to the flour mix. Whimsicott, can I trust you and your child to make the finest whipped buttercream you can, and incorporate the Roseli Syrup once it's done and cooled please?" he asks the three of them.

With the Pokemon to their tasks, Leo continues his. Finding a grater, he takes out a half-eaten Chocolate Pidove and cuts off the part that was a bit into. He then begins shaving the item down into flakes. That'll be used to decorate the cake. With that done, he needed to reduce down the Cheri Berries.

Hopefully, everyone can complete their tasks with no issue here. This should be enough to create something the entire royal family can enjoy.
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:04 AM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Raves-

Clutched flower in hand, you and your team head towards the small light. As you approached, it began to become fainter, and fainter, and fainter still. Chasing dying light in fields of snow... This was certainly a day to be alive. Yet, this was the only light you could see. The skies were turning gray, surely a sign a blizzard was on the horizon.

And then the light fades completely, as you see something pass out in front of you. White Fur, Red Spines, and a gray thorax. Its breathing was faint, but you could tell what that Pokemon was. The same Pokemon that you brushed with before, back when things weren't so... Cold. A Larvesta, seemingly trapped in the same world as you.

Yet, why were you here? Why was it here? Besides snipping the flower, there was no other real reason for you to be here with it. Yet... Camellias. Perhaps this Larvesta became tied to you as soon as you two brushed against each other?

Its body was failing and in response, the Spider Lily bloomed brighter. Crimson glow alit the darkened skies, the warmth rushed through your blood. The Larvesta began to slowly stir and looked at you confused. This flower tied the two of you together... And you felt that its life was yours. And its life was the Larvesta's.

So if this was your lifeblood... Then you'd have to find your body, heart, and soul. But where would those be in this frozen waste? The only option was to scan the area and find a lead.

What do you do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:56 PM   #58
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
@Blue
While not necessarily fully understanding you, the Weezing tilts its heads and nods as if getting the jest of your words and emotions before the main head forces a weak smile before turning back to its home, a trail of vapors beckoning you to follow like a waving hand.

Upon entering the alcove you find it to open up into a surprisingly large space, various banners from different nations and parts of Fizzytopia lining the walls of the area, held in place by yet more fog. Upon finishing your initial look over the place, you notice the Weezing hovering comfortably just over a cracked leather love seat next to an equally beaten armchair.

Clearly gaining at least some little bit of happiness for the company the Weezing once again cracks a small smile, this time with the smaller of the two heads joining in before it hovers slightly higher off of the loveseat seemingly summoning a platter of candies and a cup of crystal clear water from the area in front of it.

Satisfied with themselves, they again return to their seat before beckoning you to sit over at the nearby armchair, a faded white banner hovering down in front of both seats. As you approach the lighting in the area suddenly changes, darkening until not is visible but a faint light shining upon the faded sheet before you.

Sitting down you notice the remaining light is coming from a projector box that you had previously thought to be a platter. Gazing at the screen you notice a series of intricate series of shadowy images telling a story.

Once there was a happy was a young Koffing who collected various bits of junk that littered the surrounding forest it called home, its horde grew and grew with it until one day it decided to make something of its belongings.

And so became the junkyard "city" you saw upon coming to this place, the comparatively sheltered and pleasant area turning into a haven for various wild pokemon throughout the years, the Koffing even evolving to protect them and its territory. However, this would all fall apart when one day a bolt of lightning would start alternating between zapping the residents and causing the various appliances throughout the area to go haywire, scaring away all but the Weezing who had built this place.

With the presentation over, the lights return to normal and your host gently moves the "platter" towards you, the pleading look returning in its eyes before a pondering expression takes hold and it places a Magnet with the food and drink as if to bargain for your help.

What will you Do?
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:58 PM   #59
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
@Blue
While not necessarily fully understanding you, the Weezing tilts its heads and nods as if getting the jest of your words and emotions before the main head forces a weak smile before turning back to its home, a trail of vapors beckoning you to follow like a waving hand.

Upon entering the alcove you find it to open up into a surprisingly large space, various banners from different nations and parts of Fizzytopia lining the walls of the area, held in place by yet more fog. Upon finishing your initial look over the place, you notice the Weezing hovering comfortably just over a cracked leather love seat next to an equally beaten armchair.

Clearly gaining at least some little bit of happiness for the company the Weezing once again cracks a small smile, this time with the smaller of the two heads joining in before it hovers slightly higher off of the loveseat seemingly summoning a platter of candies and a cup of crystal clear water from the area in front of it.

Satisfied with themselves, they again return to their seat before beckoning you to sit over at the nearby armchair, a faded white banner hovering down in front of both seats. As you approach the lighting in the area suddenly changes, darkening until not is visible but a faint light shining upon the faded sheet before you.

Sitting down you notice the remaining light is coming from a projector box that you had previously thought to be a platter. Gazing at the screen you notice a series of intricate series of shadowy images telling a story.

Once there was a happy was a young Koffing who collected various bits of junk that littered the surrounding forest it called home, its horde grew and grew with it until one day it decided to make something of its belongings.

And so became the junkyard "city" you saw upon coming to this place, the comparatively sheltered and pleasant area turning into a haven for various wild pokemon throughout the years, the Koffing even evolving to protect them and its territory. However, this would all fall apart when one day a bolt of lightning would start alternating between zapping the residents and causing the various appliances throughout the area to go haywire, scaring away all but the Weezing who had built this place.

With the presentation over, the lights return to normal and your host gently moves the "platter" towards you, the pleading look returning in its eyes before a pondering expression takes hold and it places a Magnet with the food and drink as if to bargain for your help.

What will you Do?
Elijah didn't know why he followed the Weezing. Maybe it was because he kind of sympathized with them, maybe it was because he had nothing better to do... actually, it was probably the latter. Either way, this marked the second time that he was following a strange Pokémon that he knew close to nothing about tonight, and needless to say he wasn't feeling too comfortable about it. Being reduced to obeying the whims of strangers felt like a new low for him, which didn't really help improve his mood at all.

The alcove that the Weezing led him to felt oddly cozy in a way, even if the place looked like it had seen better times. Flags and banners that he couldn't recognize adorned the walls—provided that there were walls behind all that fog—and several chairs were scattered about, each one cracked or fraying from age. Elijah resigned to seating himself in an armchair; partly because he had resigned himself to just accepting his fate at this point and partly because that Weezing really wanted him to sit there, offering a platter full of candy and water that he rejected on the basis of not wanting to leave the room with some sort of poison working its way through his body.

That's when the room darkened. The plate that Elijah had been offered earlier was clearly not a plate, because apparently it had decided to play the role of a projector instead. That brought the total up to two weird projectors that he'd run into in Fizzytopia. Funny how that worked. Elijah silently regretted not paying more attention to that travel brochure, wondering if this was just a regular thing in the region. It didn't seem too far out considering that practically anything went as soon as he saw that floating, talking phone earlier... which kind of looked a lot like the thing that was zapping around the Junkyard, actually. Strange.

...speaking of which, apparently this place was less of a junkyard and more of a really ingenious recycling initiative, if Elijah was to believe the light show happening in front of him. Apparently the Weezing had been here for a while, and had a lot to show for it: this was their refurbished home that they built scrap by scrap—Elijah silently questioned how a single Koffing managed to do all this without any limbs—until it became a safe haven for Pokémon of all sorts, the crafty Poison-type becoming the de-facto mayor of this fine establishment. Or, at least it was fine until Lightning Rod Joe literally shocked the living daylights out of everyone and everything until the only thing left was the poor thing trying to defend its home. It was kind of depressing, really. Having something to finally call your own and then suddenly losing it... he could relate to that a lot. That was enough to gain at least a little of his trust.

If Elijah couldn't fix his own problems, then he could at least fix someone else's... if there wasn't something holding him back. "...I mean, I guess," he began, picking up the glass of water from the platter-projector and taking a sip, "but everything that I have on me will kind of... get fried by the lightning thing?" He kind of had a point, if the very little amount of studying that he tried to cram in before he left for Fizzytopia had anything to say about it, then his entire team had a gaping Electric-type hole in their defenses; the only exception being Epoch, who was clearly being remote-controlled by someone else at the moment and probably wouldn't be able to help. "I'm just as lost as you are right now."
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #60
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for light
Posts: 6,469
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
lilbluecorsola-

The Baltoy were ever staring, ever watching. Kanna's anxieties grew to a peak before realizing that they weren't going to immediately eat her. There was really only one way out of this predicament, and that was to fight. Creating a Defensive Shield around herself, Kanna shot a Water Pulse at one of the Baltoy before flooding the entire area with a Surf. The Baltoy just completely got washed away, and fall to the ground unmoving. All of that worrying over two trash mobs? The grate falls behind her, and her way back was opened. If this was that easy, then what truly awaited her here?

---

Quick on his feet, Kief immediately Skill Swaps with the Sigilyph. As the two abilities are traded, he gains the ability of Magic Guard. Well, immunity to all forms of non-direct damage was a nice bonus. With that done, he immediately shrinks into the size of a small cookie, enticing the Sigilyph to come and dine on him.

The weird ancient bird-like creature indeed descends to feast on the cookie Kief. It sends out blades of air, the Air Cutter trying to cut through the small cookie. However, the attack manages to miss due to his smaller size, and Kief couldn't help but feel a giggle coming up his throat.

With his evasive maneuvers now done, he turns around and emits a frosty Icy Wind. The move washes over the seemingly gigantic Sigilyph, slowing down the Pokemon and lowering its speed. The Sigilyph then picks Kief up with a Psychic attack and throws him against the ground. He could feel his cookie self 'crack' a little bit, but nothing too much to worry about. This was starting to get fun!

---

Yufi, choosing to ignore the words of the shade, focuses on worrying about getting out of the room. If it was going to stand in her way, then she'll just have to get use it to break through the room. She uses a Whirpool attack to trap the Pokemon??? before ramming into it with a massive Surf attack. The water in the room moves violently as she does so, but the walls do not break. Thinking on her feet, she then uses Rock Smash, using the force of the water to try and break through the wall with the shade. She somehow manages to do so, and the shade disappears.

The water, however, doesn't start to drain out of the wall. Instead, it starts to drain out the center of the room. It turned into a giant whirlpool, and it was pulling things in. Before she could even react, an eldritch scream pierced her ears as she felt something grab her foot. Looking back, it was the shade looking at her with a nightmarish smile. Its face was starting to meltdown, with only one eye and a pure white, goopy smile staring into her.

"SSYBA EHT OTNI LLAF! LLAF! LLEH GNITSALREVE NA OTNI EM HTIW EMOC LLIW UOY. NWORD DNA ETAF ROUY TPECCA. SYAW RUOY EGAHC OT ESUFER UOY FI!" The creature shrieked as it began to drag Yufi into the whirlpool.

What do they do?
Steeling her nerves into a fortified shield, Kanna stepped forth and gingerly shot a light orb of liquid at one of the waiting statues, followed by a stronger swell aimed at both. To her surprise, the flood merely washed over her opponents without resistance, carrying them to the back wall where they crashed and fell unceremoniously to the ground, unconscious. The Furret blinked in confusion as the low tide gently returned towards her feet, seeping through the grate behind her as it gradually opened to little fanfare. All that fuss for a pair of pushovers? She blushed in embarrassment as she started to feel a bit silly for freaking out so much, yet she couldn't shake a nagging feeling that this was perhaps a bit too easy, and things were not all as they seemed...

Still, she didn't wish to stick around any longer than she had to. Accepting of her success for now, she quickly snatched up the lantern and took advantage of the opening to scurry back the way she came, hoping there wouldn't be any more obstacles - or greater enemies - left to encounter...

-

As the Sigilyph swooped hungrily down at its cookie captive, it attempted to cut a couple limbs off to start, but the clever dough simply dodged aside with ease given lower surface area to slice. Smirking, the small sweet thief stuck out his tongue through the lantern's handle before firing back a glob of frosting, sticking to the bird's wings and slowing its movements down considerably. As the fowl flapped fruitlessly to try and regain height, its single eye glowed in anger as it opted for a telekinetic tactic instead, lifting its target off the platform via psychic power before smashing it back down (fortunately not over the edge of the pedestal to the floor far below). Kief grimaced as he could feel a slight "crack" split through his illusory form's crust, but still relatively retained its intact shape.

Shaking off the strike, the brown biscuit grinned as he immediately got back up, brimming with energy as electric excitement ran through his entire gingerbread body, enjoying the thrill of battle to its fullest. Wagging his tail with an eager gleam, he swiftly leapt at the flying foe while it was still lacking in altitude and presumably slow to react in a crackling VOLT TACKLE, prepared to follow up with a one-two ICE PUNCH and SHADOW CLAW combo.

-

Having had enough of this spectral stalker's harassment, Yufi chose to drown out its strange speech as she focused instead on survival; swimming urgently in circles to ensnare the shadow in a swirling vortex before riding the surge to the side of the room, in hopes the tsunami's strength would be enough to break through. While the first wave failed to make a mark, adding the flow's force to her own fist fortunately succeeded in smashing the barrier. Rather than reduce the level of water through the hole however, it instead began to drain towards the center of the chamber, forming an even more mighty whirlpool as Yufi struggled to avoid being dragged in.

Suddenly, she felt something seize her foot, and glanced back with horror to see the shade staring at her with a distorted, dripping sneer; half its face starting to melt from the surrounding fluid like wax as it screeched loudly:

"SSYBA EHT OTNI LLAF! LLAF! LLEH GNITSALREVE NA OTNI EM HTIW EMOC LLIW UOY. NWORD DNA ETAF ROUY TPECCA. SYAW RUOY EGAHC OT ESUFER UOY FI!"

Still unable to understand a word of what it was saying, and too distraught to even try to decipher its meaning, she only frantically flailed further in panic, wishing desperately her parents were here to save her.

"Stop! Let me go! Mama, Papa, help!"

As she said this, she sensed a sudden spark flash from her fur. Where previously her strategy subconsciously synced with her mother's, this time in answer to her prayers she felt her father's presence warm her spirit, creating a "bonded" connection between them. While still scared, she managed to calm down enough to let the stream of comfort course through her, and with nothing else to lose, she viciously fought back with a VOLT TACKLE of her own, letting the current conduct for maximum effect even at risk of her own life...

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 07-23-2021 at 12:56 PM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #61
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Yuki-

Kanna begins to scurry back the way she came. Nothing. She encountered nothing. This felt a little ominous. She felt a weird feeling crawling up her back. Like as if she was taking too long within the labyrinth. Just... A sinking feeling entirely. She soon was back at the crossroads. She had two options here, backtrack further, and hope she can flee through the entrance and possibly fail, or brave the ladder, face her fears, and finish the test?

~~~

Kief, on the other hand, was enjoying the joy of battle. Coating himself in lightning, he zings and zaps through the air before crashing into the gargantuan Sigilyph with a Volt Tackle. He could feel the recoil surge through his body, but his furor couldn't stop him now.

Taking advantage of the situation, he freezes his right paw over while coating his left with a shadow. One. Ice punch to the Sigilyph's face. Two. Shadow Claw to send it straight to the floor. This looked like it was all going to plan until Keif saw the Sigilyph's eye burst. A beam of pure white started to wash over him. Hyper Beam. Was this it?

~~~

Yuffi, not wishing to be drawn, feels herself connect with her father temporarily. Volt Tackle? Yeah, that was something she could definitely do. Charging her fur with lightning, she tries to barrel through. Her shadowy self continued to manically laugh, warped and twisted. Until it started to stop as she connected with the wall. She could hear, and feel, the wall shattered as she jumped through, lantern in the maw. Landing with a slide, she looked back to see the water starting to rush down towards the sunken section of her labyrinth. She was free from this room... She just needed to figure out a way out. And that either meant taking the higher path, or diving beneath the waves.


What do they all do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #62
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Slash:

OoC: I’m not super used to updating yet and juggling roughly 15 attack orders isn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done, so bear with me if I mess up somewhere XD

The deck is stacked against you no matter how you look at it: you’re surrounded by ten oversized Barraskewda in their natural element, up against six allies plus a borrowed one most of whom live exclusively on land. Other than your Cloyster, none of your other companions have the anatomical means to excel in underwater combat, so despite your years of battling experience, you can’t help but feel slightly apprehensive – mobility, even more so than numbers, is going to be your biggest handicap in this fight.

Hoping you can avoid conflict, you toss some sweets in the current, but the fish either do not notice or, most likely, are completely disinterested in them. Which, come to think of it, is not a behavior you would expect from wild, apparently hungry Pokemon…

The Barraskewda then proceed to charge almost in unison, like living torpedoes homing in on their targets. One after another, they charge forward with alarming speed, a barrage of AQUA JETs converging on your team faster than they can counter. Hit after hit you watch as your teammates are pelted by the high-speed, yet mercifully low-powered strikes, and a terrifying doubt suddenly grows within you: had the strength of the impact been higher, could Dewpider’s air bubbles allowing them to breathe… burst?!

It’s your team’s turn to counter now, their speed hampered in this environment save for Cloyster. A BARRIER is raised protect you, before Cloyster dutifully – if hurriedly – tries to mend the harm done by the previous assault as best it can with LIFE DEW. One of your Mightyena SNARLs, and you can tell the damage done by the soundwave, propelled faster and farther underwater, is considerably higher than any Intimidating effecting you might hope it would have – curiously enough, the giant fish seem almost… robotic in their behavior, red-tinted eyes mostly devoid of emotion or expression, making them strangely unafraid.

A HOWL follows, and lightning does strike twice, courtesy of consecutive ZIPPY ZAPs that find their mark, their impact lowered only by Mightyena’s reduced locomotion but remarkably effective nonetheless, as expected. Whether it crossed your mind that electrical discharges underwater could prove indiscriminately harmful or not, fortunately your companion manages to keep the current under control enough to avoid mass-electrocution of everyone around it. The strength of the electric attack seems to be enough to snap the two victims out of something, and after regaining their bearings, they swim away from the group.

Through the corner of your eye, you then see one of the Barraskewda begin to sink to the depths of the lake, struggling to break free of a charged net, and you know Casper found its mark. Your Yamask, on the other hand, does not prove as successful on his end, simultaneously keeping three oversized struggling fish in a psychic hold all at once proving insurmountable for the pure Ghost-Type, who looks visibly exhausted by the ordeal. Timburr too finds it difficult to do its part, water dramatically reducing the speed of his swing making it so the lumber’s impact is little more than a poke, but one that is felt nonetheless by the only Barraskewda that doesn’t dodge.

At the end of it all, you managed to reduce the number of foes by three – one sunken to the depths, hopelessly trapped, and two others dissuaded by sheer force. Seven foes remain, and your team is showing signs of fatigue in these vastly disadvantageous conditions, but all remain fit to fight nonetheless.

What will you do now?




grassyglide:

Clearly just as baffled as you are, Eevee shakes its head; to its knowledge, this wasn’t Kirlia’s doing, at least not directly. You’re inclined to agree – even if this was a bizarre version of Magical Leaf, it made no sense for the whirwind to be made of leaves from different seasons all bundled into one. Perhaps this was the doing of more than a single Pokemon…

You plead to the invisible gatekeeper, requesting passage to continue your mission. But without proof of your intention, what guardian worth their salt would let you through with nothing but your word to fall back on? In response to your request, the multi-colored whirlwind spins faster, autumn leaves shooting forward like darts and just barely missing you, while spring petals fly dangerously close to Wisewoods.

Surely it wouldn’t be so simple. If this really is an obstacle set by protectors of the Shrine, perhaps you will need to offer proof of your worth – be it a testament of strength or wisdom. Perhaps finding a way to break through the obstacle, or alternatively calling out to the guardian(s) by name, would go some way toward proving your mettle. Until then, the swirling pillar of leave sand snowflakes continues to roar and its creator(s) unseen, barring your path deeper into the woods and thus your request to restore Kirlia’s Shrine…



Zelphon:

You decide to get straight to the point; the man seems remarkably unpleasant, and it's not very Trainer-like to ignore such a blatant challenge after all. All in all, the less time you spend chatting with such an unsavory individual, the better, but at the same time you have a feeling he might actually be useful to you in some way...

Boldly, with the gauntlet thrown, you walk out of the inn as you go through your battle options in your mind - you get the feeling that, despite his almost comically old age, there might be more to that rusty corpse than meets the eye. But after waiting for much longer than you expected, you wonder if the fallen knight has instead decided to ignore you...

It isn't until the metallic sound of very slow steps reaches your ears that you realize how simply getting up and following you outside might be more of a challenge for the old man than you thought. The inn's door opens soon thereafter, and the knight locks eyes with you. There is a strangely violent aura surrounding him..

"Very well", the ironclad warrior says once he finally stands across you out in the open, "are you sure you still want to do this?"

To further emphasize his point, he tosses two PokeBalls to the floor, causing a Doublade and Pawniard to materialize.

"Been a while..." you hear him mutter before spitting on the ground.

What now?

Last edited by Saiza; 08-11-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #63
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
@Saiza
Perking up as the groundskeeper leaves the Growlithe barks happily, causing the last of the plant viscera to drop from its mouth before it follows you towards the festival. As you make your way over you notice as nearby nobles give you confused looks and whisper to one another as they look at various parts of your outfit and the dog pokemon in your possession.

Furthering your way down you soon pass by the large purple & gold tent from you saw the Furfrou and their master enter earlier, with Growlithe seeming to tug away from it at every given opportunity. Surprised by the sudden resistance you look towards the upper, causing you to notice a series of much smaller white square-shaped tents ling the outer wall of the amphitheater.

With your gaze returned to it the Growlithe's face quickly takes on a look of terror as a dark shadow looms over you, the woman from earlier looking at both it and you with contempt before saying "Hmmph, didn't think I'd be seeing you again soon. Figures you'd get picked up by some filthy lowborn."

"Listen, child, this here is a dignified event for folk greater than you and impure mutts like that thing. I don't know how that creature found its way to you but know that no good will come of it.

I suggest you take your leave of this place and give up on any ideas that you might join this competition or find someone to take that Growlithe off your hands"

Turning away from you the noblewoman walks away, her Furfrou kicking some dirt into Growlithe's face before haughtily following suit, the pair entering one of the white tents off in the distance.

Shaking the dirt off its face Growlithe gains a bit of bravado as they exit from view, letting loose a few parting barks before turning to you with an intense look in its eyes before performing a point action at the large tent.
Ary grew more confused by the minute even if the facts become, little by little, effectively clearer. As in, it’s clear that he found himself in the company of a discarded Growlithe, it’s clear that they were in the middle of a canine Pokemon competition of sorts, and it’s clear that woman had issues. And even so, for how clear his circumstances are, nothing made sense.

“Is this some sort of… “alternate reality”, like those shows on TV? An different timeline? Pretty sure it ain’t a dream”, he thinks to himself, pinching his arm just to make sure of the latter.

If he had to bet, it would seem he’d gone back in time somehow. It’d explain why everyone dressed funny, talked funny and looked at him funny. Also would explain why the woman – he refused to call her lady – referred to him as “lowborn”; it wasn’t inaccurate, but he’d never heard anyone call him that before just because he was raised in a farm.

More importantly though, it seemed the woman had taken particular exception to the Growlithe he’d found, and the feeling was very much mutual. Feeling sorry for the pup, Ary dropped to one knee to look Growlithe in the eye.

“You uh… know her? I’m not sure what happened between the two of you, but uh…” he peered over his shoulder toward the large tent, before turning to face the dog again with a coy smile. “… I reckon we could teach her a thing or two, right?”

He was mostly trying to be nice – he knew absolutely nothing about this competition and he’d never owned a dog, after all. But he felt a sudden need to kick metaphorical dirt in that woman’s face, even if common sense dictated he should focus solely on getting back to the present time.

“So, wanna lead the way?”
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:53 AM   #64
Slash
Silver LO
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,760
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post
Slash:

OoC: I’m not super used to updating yet and juggling roughly 15 attack orders isn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done, so bear with me if I mess up somewhere XD

The deck is stacked against you no matter how you look at it: you’re surrounded by ten oversized Barraskewda in their natural element, up against six allies plus a borrowed one most of whom live exclusively on land. Other than your Cloyster, none of your other companions have the anatomical means to excel in underwater combat, so despite your years of battling experience, you can’t help but feel slightly apprehensive – mobility, even more so than numbers, is going to be your biggest handicap in this fight.

Hoping you can avoid conflict, you toss some sweets in the current, but the fish either do not notice or, most likely, are completely disinterested in them. Which, come to think of it, is not a behavior you would expect from wild, apparently hungry Pokemon…

The Barraskewda then proceed to charge almost in unison, like living torpedoes homing in on their targets. One after another, they charge forward with alarming speed, a barrage of AQUA JETs converging on your team faster than they can counter. Hit after hit you watch as your teammates are pelted by the high-speed, yet mercifully low-powered strikes, and a terrifying doubt suddenly grows within you: had the strength of the impact been higher, could Dewpider’s air bubbles allowing them to breathe… burst?!

It’s your team’s turn to counter now, their speed hampered in this environment save for Cloyster. A BARRIER is raised protect you, before Cloyster dutifully – if hurriedly – tries to mend the harm done by the previous assault as best it can with LIFE DEW. One of your Mightyena SNARLs, and you can tell the damage done by the soundwave, propelled faster and farther underwater, is considerably higher than any Intimidating effecting you might hope it would have – curiously enough, the giant fish seem almost… robotic in their behavior, red-tinted eyes mostly devoid of emotion or expression, making them strangely unafraid.

A HOWL follows, and lightning does strike twice, courtesy of consecutive ZIPPY ZAPs that find their mark, their impact lowered only by Mightyena’s reduced locomotion but remarkably effective nonetheless, as expected. Whether it crossed your mind that electrical discharges underwater could prove indiscriminately harmful or not, fortunately your companion manages to keep the current under control enough to avoid mass-electrocution of everyone around it. The strength of the electric attack seems to be enough to snap the two victims out of something, and after regaining their bearings, they swim away from the group.

Through the corner of your eye, you then see one of the Barraskewda begin to sink to the depths of the lake, struggling to break free of a charged net, and you know Casper found its mark. Your Yamask, on the other hand, does not prove as successful on his end, simultaneously keeping three oversized struggling fish in a psychic hold all at once proving insurmountable for the pure Ghost-Type, who looks visibly exhausted by the ordeal. Timburr too finds it difficult to do its part, water dramatically reducing the speed of his swing making it so the lumber’s impact is little more than a poke, but one that is felt nonetheless by the only Barraskewda that doesn’t dodge.

At the end of it all, you managed to reduce the number of foes by three – one sunken to the depths, hopelessly trapped, and two others dissuaded by sheer force. Seven foes remain, and your team is showing signs of fatigue in these vastly disadvantageous conditions, but all remain fit to fight nonetheless.

What will you do now?
OoC: It's all good. I hope I'm not making things too complicated.

Member Post

Darik couldn't just have his Pokemon fight, without getting actively involved himself. Luckily, he had a way of making that happen. "Ravyn, use Liquidation. I need my weapon," he ordered the female of his Mightyena pair. Regarding both of them, "Both of you, keep them from closing in too much, a couple Snarls each should keep them at somewhat of a distance". Creating a sword, in Darik's case, a saber, an odd, rare use of the move, but nevertheless something that it was well capable of doing. He'd picked up the trick after witnessing a Golisopod do it years back. "Cloyster, take me to the front lines of this fight, so I can get the saber from her and fight. Be my steed. I'll direct you where needed. And share another Life Dew with the group, please, keeping your focus on Kiyo and Atem. We all need your support. These fish will well learn the meaning of the word 'Aqua'". He was confident in his swordsmanship skills and his ability to fight underwater while Diving. He'd learned from the toughest, craziest pirate on the Hoenn seas, after all, and he had taken to the lessons quite well. With a steed as tough and capable as his Cloyster, he should be able to perform quite well. He kept his eyes peeled for the toughest looking Barraskewda.

His mind was popping back to what he'd seen when Ravyn had assaulted them with electricity, though. It looked like the Barraskewda had been under the effect of something, and she had knocked some sense into them. That may have been why they fled. But he wasn't sure what else might be able to do that. It was risky to use too much electricity for now, especially with what he was about to do.

"Atem, Kiyo, I want you to fall back a bit, close ranks a bit with Ravyn and Falcyn. Don't let the Barraskewda push in against you too far, though. Atem, I'm going to want you to use a Sappy Seed, try to regain some energy. If you feel capable of it, try to use another as well, on a different target." Kiyo seemed in a rough spot, as well. His natural athleticism was a benefit here, but attacking with his log seemed to be far more of a deficit for his physique to make up for. He'd have to change the tactic he was having Kiyo use. "Use those sturdy Iron Fists of yours instead of your log, now, Kiyo. Try to smack them around when they get near with a couple Power-Up Punches. Keep them from ganging up on the group too much." Casper the Spinarak was the only one left to not have his orders, but he definitely had a very important job. With his focus being honed and his natural ability to snipe with his ability, he might be the best option to knock some sense into the swarming fish. "Casper, I'm going to be in motion, but I trust your aim. Use a couple shots of Absorb on them."
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #65
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post

Zelphon:

You decide to get straight to the point; the man seems remarkably unpleasant, and it's not very Trainer-like to ignore such a blatant challenge after all. All in all, the less time you spend chatting with such an unsavory individual, the better, but at the same time you have a feeling he might actually be useful to you in some way...

Boldly, with the gauntlet thrown, you walk out of the inn as you go through your battle options in your mind - you get the feeling that, despite his almost comically old age, there might be more to that rusty corpse than meets the eye. But after waiting for much longer than you expected, you wonder if the fallen knight has instead decided to ignore you...

It isn't until the metallic sound of very slow steps reaches your ears that you realize how simply getting up and following you outside might be more of a challenge for the old man than you thought. The inn's door opens soon thereafter, and the knight locks eyes with you. There is a strangely violent aura surrounding him..

"Very well", the ironclad warrior says once he finally stands across you out in the open, "are you sure you still want to do this?"

To further emphasize his point, he tosses two PokeBalls to the floor, causing a Doublade and Pawniard to materialize.

"Been a while..." you hear him mutter before spitting on the ground.

What now?

With his back turned to the knight Rylie lets an exasperated expression cross his face, thinking to himself "I can't believe I just said all of that!"

Turning about around he once again meets the eyes of the man with a more stoic look on his face, watching on as he lets out the two of his partners, an intimidating combination of a Pawniard and Doublade appearing in a flash of red light.

Taken aback slightly Rylie briefly retreats into his mind thinking "Looks like a Steel type specialist, makes sense I guess...given the armor and all" before saying out loud "Never really said I wanted to, but if this is what it takes to get the information I need to help my friend then...let's do this!

With a determined look on his face Rylie points outward to field Naula before reaching for his belt and picking off a Level ball from it and releasing a squadron of Falinks.

"Alright Naula & team R.E.S.C.U.E, let's do this....for Mimikyu!"
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #66
grassyglide
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post

grassyglide:

Clearly just as baffled as you are, Eevee shakes its head; to its knowledge, this wasn’t Kirlia’s doing, at least not directly. You’re inclined to agree – even if this was a bizarre version of Magical Leaf, it made no sense for the whirwind to be made of leaves from different seasons all bundled into one. Perhaps this was the doing of more than a single Pokemon…

You plead to the invisible gatekeeper, requesting passage to continue your mission. But without proof of your intention, what guardian worth their salt would let you through with nothing but your word to fall back on? In response to your request, the multi-colored whirlwind spins faster, autumn leaves shooting forward like darts and just barely missing you, while spring petals fly dangerously close to Wisewoods.

Surely it wouldn’t be so simple. If this really is an obstacle set by protectors of the Shrine, perhaps you will need to offer proof of your worth – be it a testament of strength or wisdom. Perhaps finding a way to break through the obstacle, or alternatively calling out to the guardian(s) by name, would go some way toward proving your mettle. Until then, the swirling pillar of leave sand snowflakes continues to roar and its creator(s) unseen, barring your path deeper into the woods and thus your request to restore Kirlia’s Shrine…


Argyle awaited the gatekeeper's response.

It came in the form of the leaves. The whirlwind of leaves picked up speed. Then, the fall and spring colored leaves started launching towards Argyle and Wisewoods. Fortunately, they missed, but just barely. The message was clear. Argyle had to step up. Still, this much hostility seemed uncalled for. Then again, if the forest did have people like the troublemaker triad roaming around, the gatekeeper was probably right to to lean towards hostility rather than hospitality.

For his part, Argyle could've done better. "Uh... gatekeeper? Could you please make way?" What kind of request was that. Sure, ten points for manners and all, but it was too meek. Clearly, the gatekeeper wanted to see more. Argyle had to prove his merit before he could pass. Just what could these leaves be hiding, Argyle was curious to find out. So, he wasn't gonna back down now. Yet, he was hesitant on engaging in battle right away. It seemed senseless to jump to violence without exhausting other options. If maybe he could try and identify the gatekeeper's species, then they could show themselves to Argyle and then maybe let him through.

Argyle eyed the leaves on the ground near him and Wisewoods. Reddish colored leaves one would see during the fall season and pink petals that signify the rebirth that comes with spring. Argyle turned his attention to the whirlwind of leaves blocking the path. There were lush green leaves whose vibrancy reminded Argyle of summer. And of course there were the tiny snowflakes that belonged in a winter wonderland. Four seasons... There was one Pokemon that came into his mind. The Season Pokemon itself: Sawsbuck!

But, if there were leaves (and snow) for all four seasons did that mean that there were four Sawsbuck, one for each season? If that was the case, then Argyle was sure in for a rare treat. Though, if really was the case, Argyle couldn't help but wonder how that would possible. After all, as far as he knew Sawsbuck took their respective forms based on the season at the time. So, it shouldn't be possible for all four forms to exist at the same time? Then again, he was in Fortune's Woods where it seemed like one had to suspend rational thought up to a certain extent. The forest was teeming with magic, so, why wouldn't it be possible? Anyway, it was time to confirm his guess.

"Sawsbuck! The whirlwind of the four seasons is certainly breathtaking, but I cannot stand idle any longer. The shrine Pokemon have enlisted my help to rebuild their shrine. Please let me pass!" Argyle said as confidently as he could. Perhaps this time by having gotten the identity of the gatekeeper correct, he'd be let through.

__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:04 PM   #67
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post
Ary grew more confused by the minute even if the facts become, little by little, effectively clearer. As in, it’s clear that he found himself in the company of a discarded Growlithe, it’s clear that they were in the middle of a canine Pokemon competition of sorts, and it’s clear that woman had issues. And even so, for how clear his circumstances are, nothing made sense.

“Is this some sort of… “alternate reality”, like those shows on TV? An different timeline? Pretty sure it ain’t a dream”, he thinks to himself, pinching his arm just to make sure of the latter.

If he had to bet, it would seem he’d gone back in time somehow. It’d explain why everyone dressed funny, talked funny and looked at him funny. Also would explain why the woman – he refused to call her lady – referred to him as “lowborn”; it wasn’t inaccurate, but he’d never heard anyone call him that before just because he was raised in a farm.

More importantly though, it seemed the woman had taken particular exception to the Growlithe he’d found, and the feeling was very much mutual. Feeling sorry for the pup, Ary dropped to one knee to look Growlithe in the eye.

“You uh… know her? I’m not sure what happened between the two of you, but uh…” he peered over his shoulder toward the large tent, before turning to face the dog again with a coy smile. “… I reckon we could teach her a thing or two, right?”

He was mostly trying to be nice – he knew absolutely nothing about this competition and he’d never owned a dog, after all. But he felt a sudden need to kick metaphorical dirt in that woman’s face, even if common sense dictated he should focus solely on getting back to the present time.

“So, wanna lead the way?”
Barking happily at your apparent cooperation the Growlith exits its pointing pose to jump up and lick your face profusely before shrinking back away with a concerned look on its face as if expecting some kind of punishment for the outburst of affection.

Noticing that nothing bad is coming his way the Growlith once again lets off a happy bark before dashing off to the entrance of the large tent it had been pointing to earlier, wagging its tail expectantly as you take notice and follow along.

Upon entering the tent you notice three things, a large board planted in the ground by one of the walls with a series of ornate paintings depicting what appear to be prior gold medal winners of whatever contest was going on here, a large assortment of costumes, pokemon toys, and training gear and lastly a smug-looking older looking gentleman leaning on a counter at the back.

Smiling at you and the Growlith the man breaks the ice by saying "Ahh, Lady Harrison's old side mutt." Turning to look into your eyes, he continues saying "and I see you've brought a fool from the path with you too...damn out of place ain't ya?"

Just as you're about to respond the man holds a hand up to stop you saying "listen kid, I don't know who yar or why this was where the path decided to drop ya but if you're aiming to do what I'd wager you are you're gonna need to register here and look the part while you're out there showing her whats fer"


Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
Elijah didn't know why he followed the Weezing. Maybe it was because he kind of sympathized with them, maybe it was because he had nothing better to do... actually, it was probably the latter. Either way, this marked the second time that he was following a strange Pokémon that he knew close to nothing about tonight, and needless to say he wasn't feeling too comfortable about it. Being reduced to obeying the whims of strangers felt like a new low for him, which didn't really help improve his mood at all.

The alcove that the Weezing led him to felt oddly cozy in a way, even if the place looked like it had seen better times. Flags and banners that he couldn't recognize adorned the walls—provided that there were walls behind all that fog—and several chairs were scattered about, each one cracked or fraying from age. Elijah resigned to seating himself in an armchair; partly because he had resigned himself to just accepting his fate at this point and partly because that Weezing really wanted him to sit there, offering a platter full of candy and water that he rejected on the basis of not wanting to leave the room with some sort of poison working its way through his body.

That's when the room darkened. The plate that Elijah had been offered earlier was clearly not a plate, because apparently it had decided to play the role of a projector instead. That brought the total up to two weird projectors that he'd run into in Fizzytopia. Funny how that worked. Elijah silently regretted not paying more attention to that travel brochure, wondering if this was just a regular thing in the region. It didn't seem too far out considering that practically anything went as soon as he saw that floating, talking phone earlier... which kind of looked a lot like the thing that was zapping around the Junkyard, actually. Strange.

...speaking of which, apparently this place was less of a junkyard and more of a really ingenious recycling initiative, if Elijah was to believe the light show happening in front of him. Apparently the Weezing had been here for a while, and had a lot to show for it: this was their refurbished home that they built scrap by scrap—Elijah silently questioned how a single Koffing managed to do all this without any limbs—until it became a safe haven for Pokémon of all sorts, the crafty Poison-type becoming the de-facto mayor of this fine establishment. Or, at least it was fine until Lightning Rod Joe literally shocked the living daylights out of everyone and everything until the only thing left was the poor thing trying to defend its home. It was kind of depressing, really. Having something to finally call your own and then suddenly losing it... he could relate to that a lot. That was enough to gain at least a little of his trust.

If Elijah couldn't fix his own problems, then he could at least fix someone else's... if there wasn't something holding him back. "...I mean, I guess," he began, picking up the glass of water from the platter-projector and taking a sip, "but everything that I have on me will kind of... get fried by the lightning thing?" He kind of had a point, if the very little amount of studying that he tried to cram in before he left for Fizzytopia had anything to say about it, then his entire team had a gaping Electric-type hole in their defenses; the only exception being Epoch, who was clearly being remote-controlled by someone else at the moment and probably wouldn't be able to help. "I'm just as lost as you are right now."
Happy to see you opening up a bit the Weezing calms down a bit only to notice your continued confusion towards the situation. Clearly disappointed that their fancy presentation didn't fully explain the situation the small head forms a fog hand that proceeds to stroke the beard of the larger one as if to show that they're pondering something.

Before long both heads perk up, little fog exclamation points briefly appearing above them before they look on in terror at the entrance of the alcove, a familiar cyan blue glow beginning to approach the both of you. Frantically the Weezling erects a barrier of fog before dashing off to a corner of the room and fishing out what appears to be a battered & cracked Alolan model Pokedex and hooking it up the cord that had previously supplied power to the projector from earlier.

A few moments later and you notice two things, the erected barrier surging with electricity and the damaged Pokedex humming back to life before spouting out a message "Error, Rotom Dex malfunction detected! Please find a suitable appliance to house your Rotom Assistant immediately to avoid any unwanted mischief! Warning: unapproved or broken appliances may produce hazardous results.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet


Last edited by Zelphon; 08-24-2021 at 07:26 PM.
Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:07 PM   #68
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Happy to see you opening up a bit the Weezing calms down a bit only to notice your continued confusion towards the situation. Clearly disappointed that their fancy presentation didn't fully explain the situation the small head forms a fog hand that proceeds to stroke the beard of the larger one as if to show that they're pondering something.

Before long both heads perk up, little fog exclamation points briefly appearing above them before they look on in terror at the entrance of the alcove, a familiar cyan blue glow beginning to approach the both of you. Frantically the Weezling erects a barrier of fog before dashing off to a corner of the room and fishing out what appears to be a battered & cracked Alolan model Pokedex and hooking it up the cord that had previously supplied power to the projector from earlier.

A few moments later and you notice two things, the erected barrier surging with electricity and the damaged Pokedex humming back to life before spouting out a message "Error, Rotom Dex malfunction detected! Please find a suitable appliance to house your Rotom Assistant immediately to avoid any unwanted mischief! Warning: unapproved or broken appliances may produce hazardous results.
"Rotom" this, "Rotom" that. The broken Pokédex in the corner was letting its speakers run about some sort of malfunction involving a "Rotom..." a name that actually sounded kind of familiar. Didn't his Pokédex start rattling off something about one earlier? In fact, that was around the same time that he was trying to deal with the weird phone that Krelia had...

It didn't take long for Elijah to put two and two together. That... thing was apparently a Rotom. Probably a shapeshifter? Maybe it had some sort of control over electronic devices? Whatever it did, it apparently needed a "suitable appliance" to stave off some sort of "unwanted mischief"... something that Elijah didn't exactly have. He wasn't entirely sure what made an appliance suitable, and as far as he was aware, just about everything out here was old and decrepit. He was going to have to find something that wasn't broken that also met the standards of that Pokédex...

That left two devices that weren't broken that he had on hand: his Poké Balls, and his own Pokédex. He wasn't too keen on catching something that he didn't even know all that well, so the former was out of the question. The latter, however... might work? He recalled that the Rotom had lodged itself in there for a split second earlier, but he wasn't sure if that was actually standards-compliant or whatever. That being said, it was either that or being shocked with a ridiculous amount of energy, so he didn't really have a choice here...

"Ugh, can't believe I'm doing this," Elijah muttered to himself as he chucked his Pokédex into the wall of fog, hoping that his bad aim wouldn't screw anything up this time. Standards didn't really apply when you're trying to get out of a situation.

That being said, he wasn't entirely sure if this was even the right move. What if the Weezing back there was fabricating the entire thing? What if both of them hated his guts? Elijah tried to save the trust issues for later but he couldn't help thinking about it during the moments that followed his hasty decision.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #69
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
"Rotom" this, "Rotom" that. The broken Pokédex in the corner was letting its speakers run about some sort of malfunction involving a "Rotom..." a name that actually sounded kind of familiar. Didn't his Pokédex start rattling off something about one earlier? In fact, that was around the same time that he was trying to deal with the weird phone that Krelia had...

It didn't take long for Elijah to put two and two together. That... thing was apparently a Rotom. Probably a shapeshifter? Maybe it had some sort of control over electronic devices? Whatever it did, it apparently needed a "suitable appliance" to stave off some sort of "unwanted mischief"... something that Elijah didn't exactly have. He wasn't entirely sure what made an appliance suitable, and as far as he was aware, just about everything out here was old and decrepit. He was going to have to find something that wasn't broken that also met the standards of that Pokédex...

That left two devices that weren't broken that he had on hand: his Poké Balls, and his own Pokédex. He wasn't too keen on catching something that he didn't even know all that well, so the former was out of the question. The latter, however... might work? He recalled that the Rotom had lodged itself in there for a split second earlier, but he wasn't sure if that was actually standards-compliant or whatever. That being said, it was either that or being shocked with a ridiculous amount of energy, so he didn't really have a choice here...

"Ugh, can't believe I'm doing this," Elijah muttered to himself as he chucked his Pokédex into the wall of fog, hoping that his bad aim wouldn't screw anything up this time. Standards didn't really apply when you're trying to get out of a situation.

That being said, he wasn't entirely sure if this was even the right move. What if the Weezing back there was fabricating the entire thing? What if both of them hated his guts? Elijah tried to save the trust issues for later but he couldn't help thinking about it during the moments that followed his hasty decision.
As you chuck your pokedex the Weezing just kinda...doesn't know how to process the situation as it goes careening into the solid fog wall that as of now has been physically strong enough to hold back a pokemon going at it with full force...causing both the Pokedex and the wall to shatter.

With the barrier to its entry now gone the Rotom zips and zooms throughout the area before jumping into the projector, the Weezing had turned on earlier causing it to fly about and short circuit just a few moments later, the plasma ghost exiting the device as it drops to the ground disfigured.

Turning back to the Weezing you notice a sour look has taken over its faces as they let out a groan similar to the ones you heard when approaching the Junk Town. Clearly angered it launches another Shadow Ball at the Rotom before giving you an annoyed look and motioning to a series of four arrow trails leading out of the alcove and towards various locations in the town.

Letting off a few grunts it appears to motion you to follow one and leave the alcove before it turns its attention back to the Rotom who has just zapped them with a Discharge.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:21 PM   #70
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
As you chuck your pokedex the Weezing just kinda...doesn't know how to process the situation as it goes careening into the solid fog wall that as of now has been physically strong enough to hold back a pokemon going at it with full force...causing both the Pokedex and the wall to shatter.

With the barrier to its entry now gone the Rotom zips and zooms throughout the area before jumping into the projector, the Weezing had turned on earlier causing it to fly about and short circuit just a few moments later, the plasma ghost exiting the device as it drops to the ground disfigured.

Turning back to the Weezing you notice a sour look has taken over its faces as they let out a groan similar to the ones you heard when approaching the Junk Town. Clearly angered it launches another Shadow Ball at the Rotom before giving you an annoyed look and motioning to a series of four arrow trails leading out of the alcove and towards various locations in the town.

Letting off a few grunts it appears to motion you to follow one and leave the alcove before it turns its attention back to the Rotom who has just zapped them with a Discharge.
Elijah watched as his Pokédex sailed towards the wall of fog that was clearly meant as a distraction... and shattered into pieces along with the fog. Huh? That wasn't supposed to happen, was it? That thing was supposed to sail through the wall and somehow trap the Rotom inside of it... right? You can't just crash into fog like that, unless... it's solid. Of course it's solid. Why wouldn't it be solid?

How can FOG be SOLID?!

Well, so much for the money he sunk into that Pokédex. It wasn't like he was too attached to that thing anyway. He'd just have to blow another couple thousand on another one of those things... if he was even able to entertain the idea that he was going to be able to handle just how stressful being a Pokémon Trainer was. That being said, he didn't have time to entertain any thought, as he bolted out of the alcove and into the city. All that he left in his wake were the broken Pokédexes, a Weezing who was obviously very fed up with Elijah's clueless antics, and a cry of "what the hell is your deal, man?!"

He didn't slow down until he was around 500 feet away from the alcove, the spike in adrenaline dipping low enough for him to register his surroundings. Rows of abandoned storefronts, a bunch of faded toys... nothing that he hadn't already seen before. Just the same old rusty appliances that greeted him when he first stumbled across this place... of course. The answer to this entire ordeal was staring him in the face the entire time and he didn't even realize it until it had become a massive problem.

Whatever. He'd probably figure out what to do with those things later. Resolving to get himself out of this as soon as he could, he turned right to follow one of the arrow trails that the Weezing had presumably carved out of the fog.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #71
Sneaze
Mrow?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Camping the White Market
Posts: 6,938
ChrisClark13 - Rushing to intercept the Eevee before more trouble can be caused by the fox, you issue orders to the vulpine most directly under your control in this situation, a thought that says it all as the more… big boned of the two quickly waddles between the Drifloon and the cart, throwing up a Protect just in time to soak up the winds of a Gust meant perhaps to blow away some more of the flowers. A slight push with Psychic follows, sending the balloon wafting away from the cart a bit, but the Drifloon just turns happily in the air, seeming to be enjoying itself before a Tailwind picks up and sends it lazily drifting back towards the already strewn flowers.

Annahime stares up at the lofty foe warily, but no attack comes. Instead, the balloon simply drifts about, having decided the fox is playing somehow. Eevee, however, is much less easy to immediately manage, and despite chasing the creature down with a bag of treats in hand. The Eevee’s immediate fear turns into fun as it darts below the cart to dodge you, kicking up dirt and flowers both, before scampering behind a gravestone and warily poking its head out, staring at you with a bit of mischief in its eyes.


Missingno. Master - As everything around you faded away, your long time friend Meowth included, you find yourself left with the fraction of your being that takes this ghostly form. A form that flickers in and out of itself as it tries to take on a different, more human shape. Could it be that the cave was testing you, even now? That this dream was pushing down on your very being, forcing out thoughts of your Gastly self? No. This was the one thing since you stepped into the cave that you could be certain was very much real.

Giving a small sigh, you address the Gastly side of yourself, noting the darkness that it has been stuck in. A nightmare of your making that existed deep within your subconscious. A prison where no light nor sound would ever reach. Your words reach back on the times this part of you has aided you, the joy you’ve taken in learning to accept it, though the steps you took in doing so were long ago. Perhaps you could share a part of the world you see, rather than relinquishing control entirely. If this prison was in your mind, made by your subconscious, then surely your subconscious holds the key?

And like that, a faint shimmer breaks through the darkness. A light to shine trickling down between you both. The ray is joined by others as you dwell on it, the bright white growing and enveloping your beings entirely. And then blinking, blurriness, a bit of a throbbing headache, as Meowth stands over you, shaking your barely conscious body. The sight of your friend is very much welcome, but what stands, or rather floats behind him, far less so. The dark shadow with a jagged yellow stripe becomes more clear as your eyes become less blurry. The Dusknoir you saw deep in your dream sucking away at the dreams of something on the other end of the single chamber of the cave. Looking by your side you spot some items, clearly those you dug out of your bag in your slumber, most largely unusable due to cracks or other damage, but the Dusk Ball you threw remains, and clutched in your right hand firmly you find the Normalium Z that formed in your dream.

Noticing your waking, the Dusknoir turns, and you catch glimpse of a limp blue form behind it, the sleeping body of a Shinx, looking pale, much of its energy drained. The reaper rears an arm up and slams the ground quickly, summoning a Rock Tomb around the body of the creature, before focusing its attention solely on you. The dream may be over, but it seems the nightmare is not finished yet.
__________________

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:19 AM   #72
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Missingno. Master - As everything around you faded away, your long time friend Meowth included, you find yourself left with the fraction of your being that takes this ghostly form. A form that flickers in and out of itself as it tries to take on a different, more human shape. Could it be that the cave was testing you, even now? That this dream was pushing down on your very being, forcing out thoughts of your Gastly self? No. This was the one thing since you stepped into the cave that you could be certain was very much real.

Giving a small sigh, you address the Gastly side of yourself, noting the darkness that it has been stuck in. A nightmare of your making that existed deep within your subconscious. A prison where no light nor sound would ever reach. Your words reach back on the times this part of you has aided you, the joy you’ve taken in learning to accept it, though the steps you took in doing so were long ago. Perhaps you could share a part of the world you see, rather than relinquishing control entirely. If this prison was in your mind, made by your subconscious, then surely your subconscious holds the key?

And like that, a faint shimmer breaks through the darkness. A light to shine trickling down between you both. The ray is joined by others as you dwell on it, the bright white growing and enveloping your beings entirely. And then blinking, blurriness, a bit of a throbbing headache, as Meowth stands over you, shaking your barely conscious body. The sight of your friend is very much welcome, but what stands, or rather floats behind him, far less so. The dark shadow with a jagged yellow stripe becomes more clear as your eyes become less blurry. The Dusknoir you saw deep in your dream sucking away at the dreams of something on the other end of the single chamber of the cave. Looking by your side you spot some items, clearly those you dug out of your bag in your slumber, most largely unusable due to cracks or other damage, but the Dusk Ball you threw remains, and clutched in your right hand firmly you find the Normalium Z that formed in your dream.

Noticing your waking, the Dusknoir turns, and you catch glimpse of a limp blue form behind it, the sleeping body of a Shinx, looking pale, much of its energy drained. The reaper rears an arm up and slams the ground quickly, summoning a Rock Tomb around the body of the creature, before focusing its attention solely on you. The dream may be over, but it seems the nightmare is not finished yet.
It was a singularly unique moment for Keith. Having to, in a rather literal sense, confront a part of himself. In doing so, he was made to realize something about himself, about the Gastly portion of himself. Had he really been neglecting it? He'd always been of the opinion that he'd been embracing the Gastly side of himself as much as he safely could, but to learn that that part of himself was locked away in darkness, and by his own doing, no less? That was... jarring. But, as soon as Keith voiced the notion of taking a more active role in showing his Gastly side the world, the darkness was disrupted. A faint shimmer that gave way to a ray of light, which was soon joined by others. Keith was enveloped in bright light before he knew it, and before he could begin to fathom what was going on, he was blinking, his vision blurring, his head aching, Meowth standing over him, shaking him... what?

"Will youse wake up already!?" Meowth was exclaiming fearfully.

"Wha... Meowth, what in the-" Keith mumbled. "What in the- Hey, that's-" he added, as his eyes found what was behind Meowth.

"Finally yer back wit us!" Meowth exclaimed. "We gotta act fast!"

Keith blinked. It all came rushing back- the Dusknoir. But wasn't Yohan and his Pokémon part of the dream? Or were they...? Regardless, Keith didn't have time to think about this, because the very real reality was that this Dusknoir was draining someone, and was able to very deftly surround a very pale, drained Shinx with a Rock Tomb, so whether Yohan was real or not, this Dusknoir was a very real threat and had to be dealt with immediately. "Hey!" he called out to the Dusknoir. He had registered in the previous moments that he did indeed really possess the Normalium Z he'd obtained in the dream, and that most of the items he'd attempted to use in the dream had ended up destroyed, save for the Dusk Ball he remembered attempting to use on that Golurk. But for right now, all of that went right back in Keith's bag, and in his hand right now was instead a Poké Ball, an occupied one, though it wasn't gonna be containing its occupant in just a moment. "If you think I'm that easy to put out of commission, you don't know me that well! Chuck, come out!" he exclaimed, throwing the Poké Ball.

The Gengar emerged in a flash of light, grinning in his usual way as he regarded the Dusknoir. In a moment, he appeared to have assessed the situation. "All-out?" he inquired.

Keith nodded in response, already gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "All the way," he responded. "OK, Chuck!" he declared. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared. And for what Keith was fairly certain to be the first (or maybe second?) time in actual reality since coming out to this freaky cave, Chuck underwent that glorious transformation, the links forged between the Gengarite and the Key Stone- between the Gengar and the Trainer- and soon, sticking up out of the cave floor was a widely grinning !


Quote:


Chuck's Gengarite is reacting to Keith's Mega Hat!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!




Chuck has Mega Evolved into Mega Gengar!
Before Keith could give any further orders, Meowth had run up beside Chuck, claws extended (mostly symbolically, Keith reasoned, considering the typing of the enemy at hand). "I'm in, too!" the Scratch Cat Pokémon declared.

"That's the spirit, Meowth!" Keith grinned, a grin that any onlooker would note to be eerily similar to the grin sported by the Mega Gengar. "All right! Chuck, use Bulk Up! Meowth, use Screech! Chuck, then use Shadow Punch, and Meowth, follow that up with Assurance!"

"Consider it done," Chuck smirked, flexing his spectral arms, building up the muscles within.

"It's on!" Meowth declared before going into the grating Screech attack.
__________________
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #73
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spreading my Rot
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
THE ARCANE REALM

The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

II. High Priestess’s Cathedral - A large, gothic cathedral sitting atop a hill overlooking the Hamlet, it was said this place was built by a holy maiden with her bare hands to offer a place of refuge and respite for the poor and damned. Her charity and kindness has created a devout sect of nuns to her teachings, who look after and take care of her cathedral. Pilgrims from all over visit this place, looking for the sacred knowledge hidden in the texts and relics within the Cathedral.
An infamous sinner stands at the doorway to the High Priestess' towering labor of love, staring at her own pale, scar-covered palms with an incredulous expression. The woman's long, shock-white hair, which flutters lightly with the breeze, seems to have lost its natural color fairly early in life, as her face is still relatively smooth with youth. Her bare upper arms show off a few distinct tattoos: the word LIFELIKE is boldly, vertically marked down her left arm in black ink, while her right bears what appears to be a colorful emblem of a Lunatone watching over the city of Lacunosa. Her tank top vaguely resembles a black corset, paired with tight, black shorts and thigh-high, victorian-style boots. Truthfully, it was a style that the white-haired woman had toned down in her wardrobe years ago, but while she still had the figure to pull it off, she might as well make it abundantly clear that she was - absolutely and positively - counted among the damned in this place.

With a furrowed brow, the sinner known as Minerva flexes each hand before lowering it, toned musculature contracting with each movement. The Bewear beside her, not quite understanding her partner's intentions, stares at her own massive, powerful paws, though apparently not finding anything particularly worth noting. Looking up at the spires of the cathedral, the tattooed woman finally speaks...

"What manner of miracle does one have to employ in order to construct a place like this with one's own two hands, Bia? Seems more to me than just patience and persistence..."

The Bewear contemplates this question for a moment. Eventually, she shrugs her furry shoulders before pounding her fists together with a grin.

"Content with destruction, huh..." Minerva grins darkly. "That's my girl. No sense in wanting that which we don't have..."

Despite her wicked smile, her shoulders slightly slump with weariness, as her sharp, grey eyes soften a bit. "Yet, I must admit... refuge and respite have been scarce these days. If this High Priestess is willing to extend a cathedral-building hand to a murderous harlot like me... Maybe we'll get along, yet. After all... we both have our secrets."

Bia nods in agreement, looking eager to see inside the beautiful building before them. Side by side, the pair approach the entrance, and despite her appearance clearly portraying her utter lack of concern for convention and propriety, Minerva does at least seem to make her best effort to appear respectful and reverent in her expressions and movement. Even so, she cannot help but chuckle darkly at a sinister mental image that pops into her mind, moments before crossing the threshold.

"Heh... Let's just hope I don't burst into flames the moment I walk in, eh?"
__________________


FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #74
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Marion Ette-

Stepping forth, you enter the cathedral in a haughty stride. Scanning the room, you notice a large statue of the priestess erected in the center alter. Nuns from all walks of life were congregated within the room, talking with those who have come here to seek refuge. Not the immolating pyre you were musing over, but still a little unsettled nonetheless.

Yet, as always, there was something off. You could sense it. THat a place like this would follow those idyllic falsehoods for ages yet to come. Love, compassion, and holy virtue. Bah! All falsities these women follow. Truly, that in itself was a sin. To have such hubris in ideals to completely remove your true self. Take a habit and hide beneath it, for those were the holy shackles for a true sinner.

One such sinner takes a look at you with a small gasp. Infamy was a blessing and a curse at times, and she collects her bearings and comes over. Oh, this ought to be good, no?

"Hello ma'am, how can we help you?" she asked through her clenched teeth, her breath bated. Her eyes were as green as the trees you saw from the forest. Her hair was a curly, wiry copper mess, sticking out from beneath her habit. On the habit itself, you notice the numeral II etched in.

The High Priestess. Major Arcana Number 2. Mystery, Stillness, and Intuition. Trust within your latent talents, and use your third eye to move forwards. Yet when corrupted... Ignoring yourself, inner discord, and secrets held. Now here in this cathedral, where will this arcana flip for you?

How do you respond?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #75
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spreading my Rot
Posts: 2,772
Love is like a sin, my love, for the ones that feel it the most...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Marion Ette-

Stepping forth, you enter the cathedral in a haughty stride. Scanning the room, you notice a large statue of the priestess erected in the center alter. Nuns from all walks of life were congregated within the room, talking with those who have come here to seek refuge. Not the immolating pyre you were musing over, but still a little unsettled nonetheless.

Yet, as always, there was something off. You could sense it. THat a place like this would follow those idyllic falsehoods for ages yet to come. Love, compassion, and holy virtue. Bah! All falsities these women follow. Truly, that in itself was a sin. To have such hubris in ideals to completely remove your true self. Take a habit and hide beneath it, for those were the holy shackles for a true sinner.

One such sinner takes a look at you with a small gasp. Infamy was a blessing and a curse at times, and she collects her bearings and comes over. Oh, this ought to be good, no?

"Hello ma'am, how can we help you?" she asked through her clenched teeth, her breath bated. Her eyes were as green as the trees you saw from the forest. Her hair was a curly, wiry copper mess, sticking out from beneath her habit. On the habit itself, you notice the numeral II etched in.

The High Priestess. Major Arcana Number 2. Mystery, Stillness, and Intuition. Trust within your latent talents, and use your third eye to move forwards. Yet when corrupted... Ignoring yourself, inner discord, and secrets held. Now here in this cathedral, where will this arcana flip for you?

How do you respond?
Having not yet been condemned the stake, despite her witchy ways, Minerva studies the statue of the High Priestess for a moment - particularly, her supposedly miraculous stone hands - before taking a wider look around the cathedral. The saint's hands were empty of answers, yet a number of questions bury themselves deeply within Minerva's mind. Indeed, she had expected to be overwhelmed by an aura of holiness and healing from these devoted women. Instead, her gut practically churned with unease... and not exactly the type of unease one would expect for a sinner among saints.

How easy was it to put on the costume? How easy was it to wear an ideology like a mask, hiding one's true nature beneath? Minerva is struck by a thought, an irony - wearing this gothic playgirl getup of hers, trying to get a rise out of virtuous practitioners around her, playing the harlot - and yet she had been perfectly, painfully chaste for a number of years. She had devoted herself, completely and fully... to love. That beautiful, horrible ideal. She had been the saint, oh, yes. The martyr, even. She was more like them than she had let on. Or maybe - just maybe - they were more like her than they let on.

The revelation disturbed her - not that she would let it show, of course. Even so, the promise of refuge and respite seemed to vanish within Minerva's heart with each passing moment.

That all-too-familiar sound - the small gasp of recognition - alerts Minerva to the approaching nun. Momentarily stunned by the sheer gorgeousness of the holy woman's forest-green eyes, she manages to stop her jaw from dropping just in time. The habit, clearly marked with the Roman numeral II, brings to Minerva's third eye the iconic image of the second card of the Major Arcana - particularly, the black and white pillars of Boaz and Jachin, marked with B and J.

Mystery, Stillness, and Intuition. The question of how they could help Minerva was a loaded one, indeed. The white-haired woman pauses for a moment, looking within before responding. What did her gut tell her? What was her reason for choosing to come here, of all places...?

"My heart is troubled," Minerva finally responds. "Always has been. But it's more than that. I'm in constant turmoil - like a perpetual tornado inside, ripping up everything that I try to build, to foster, to nourish - and I'm just looking for some clear skies, you know? Just a single, cloudless moment..."

Minerva takes a deep breath, already drained by even that small bit of honesty... But, of course, there was nothing small about the feelings to which she confessed. Bia places a large paw on her shoulder, a concerned expression clear in the bear's eyes.
__________________


FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.