UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2021, 04:44 AM   #26
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.
Ary Bellamy stood quietly on the Fool's Path, watching Trainers and their Pokemon running carefree along the cobblestone road, yearning for adventure.

"I wonder if they're all new to this, like I am... Most of 'em look younger than me, that's for sure", he muttered under his breath.

He'd waited five years longer than almost any other kid, but he had no regrets. It wasn't like he'd wasted that half a decade - helping out at the farm, and looking after Elly, both were good deeds he knew he could be proud of. But now? Now it was time to do things his way, for himself!

"I can finally be a Trainer! Maybe I'll get to meet Blue, or Professor Oak... or maybe even Red! And when I'm strong enough, however long that takes... I'm going to track down and defeat Mewtwo!"

Instinctively, his hand hovered over the single PokeBall on his belt while he spoke to himself – after all, it only felt right to take his very first steps alongside his Pokemon partner! But he hesitated. Because before he could be and do all the things he dreamed of, there was a... slight problem he had to solve first.

"This Scyther is way too dangerous to let loose on the streets... how did I get stuck with such a crazy Pokemon as my Starter? And how am I supposed to win any battles if it doesn't even acknowledge my presence?..."

Ary shrugged and made his way along the Fool's Path, trying his best not to overthink things. He'd figure it out eventually - nobody ever said it'd be an easy ride!
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #27
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Spiny-

Thinking over it, you figure the lava tube would end up being a much more dangerous option. Even if the Chalice has been dormant for centuries, there was always that tiny, minuscule chance something could go awry. Caution was a virtue, and the Indeedee shrugged. This was your choice in the end, and it would simply assist regardless of the path you chose.

Though, there was something against your plan in leaving. You heard a large amount of screeching as the Zubat began to horde together. There were about five in total, and they all started chattering. It seemed they nested there to try and pick off travelers who chose not to go through. After all, something weak would serve to become easy prey.

The Zubat all began to send out Super Sonic waves towards your group, trying to confuse and disorient everyone. Divide and conquer, as they say. This wouldn't be a small task in trying to escape, especially as the Zubat were trying to addle all of you.

Indeedee turned around and let out a Disarming Voice. The fairy-laced, horrible soundwave was able to drown out the supersonics. With this chance, you could run into the tube, run up the hill, or face the bats head-on. They might leave you alone if you ran into the tunnel, deciding your group was too strong. You could try and run up the steep hill, but the bats would most likely end up giving chase. That was, unless, you figured out a way to lose them. And well, battling wild pokemon was a common occurrence. You had three realistic options, and the choice was yours.

What do you do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #28
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge
 
SpinyShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Spiny-

Thinking over it, you figure the lava tube would end up being a much more dangerous option. Even if the Chalice has been dormant for centuries, there was always that tiny, minuscule chance something could go awry. Caution was a virtue, and the Indeedee shrugged. This was your choice in the end, and it would simply assist regardless of the path you chose.

Though, there was something against your plan in leaving. You heard a large amount of screeching as the Zubat began to horde together. There were about five in total, and they all started chattering. It seemed they nested there to try and pick off travelers who chose not to go through. After all, something weak would serve to become easy prey.

The Zubat all began to send out Super Sonic waves towards your group, trying to confuse and disorient everyone. Divide and conquer, as they say. This wouldn't be a small task in trying to escape, especially as the Zubat were trying to addle all of you.

Indeedee turned around and let out a Disarming Voice. The fairy-laced, horrible soundwave was able to drown out the supersonics. With this chance, you could run into the tube, run up the hill, or face the bats head-on. They might leave you alone if you ran into the tunnel, deciding your group was too strong. You could try and run up the steep hill, but the bats would most likely end up giving chase. That was, unless, you figured out a way to lose them. And well, battling wild pokemon was a common occurrence. You had three realistic options, and the choice was yours.

What do you do?

Sil was relieved the Indeedee was indifferent to their plan, giving her a shrug to express his complete lack of preference for one action or another. However, unfortunately for Sil and the rest of her team, the universe seemed not as apathetic. Horrible screeching sounds and loud flapping emanated from the cave, the sounds of the Zubat gathering together. Perhaps their hesitation had been interpreted as a sign of weakness, signaling they would be easy to pick off.

By Sil’s count it appeared there were five in total, though they sounded far greater in number. Nearly every young trainer in her home region of Sinnoh had to deal with these winged Bidoof, surely they could take on a couple of them? She was honestly a little underwhelmed… until they began to emit Supersonic blasts. Not good. She clutched her head as she felt the start of a pounding headache, hearing Umbra croak in pain as well. It was so difficult to coordinate her legs when her head was spinning. In this state, they would be easy to pick off.

The Indeedee, sensing the danger, unleashed a grating Disarming Voice, the horrific noise enough to counteract the sonic attack of the Zubats. With the Zubats hopefully stunned for the moment and her head now clear (and ears bleeding), she could now figure out a counterattack.

Umbra wouldn’t be able to take on these bats on his own. He knew mostly Grass-type moves, which wouldn’t be effective against the Poison/Flying nuisances. And Hailstone would be too tired to fight, worn out from the trek through both the Fool’s Path and the foothills of the Chalice. But, luckily, she had one last Pokémon up her sleeve.

Hurriedly pulling a Dive Ball out of her bag, she pressed the release mechanism and watched as her Binacle appeared in a flash of bubble-shaped lights. They appeared disorientated, confused as to how they ended up at the mouth of a cave in the middle of the night. The left-hand barnacle, Lime, didn’t even wait for a command or even an explanation of what was happening before he launched a Stone Edge counterattack. People were in danger, he had to act!

Sil froze for a second as her brain caught up with what had happened. Still in a bit of a daze, she called out some orders to the equally bewildered Pumpkasaur.

“Uh… Umbra, quick cover Limestone with a Grassy Terrain and then follow up with a Leaf Storm!”
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:12 AM   #29
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge
 
ChrisClark13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
ChrisClark13 - Rather rudely awoken with far less time to pack up than you otherwise would have liked, you get swiftly to work after resigning yourself to eating trail mix and jerky for breakfast while on the road. Meanwhile, Annahime has decided that the food provided to the Eevee she’s been growing more irritable with by the moment actually looked pretty good, and wanders over to the old man’s pack to get a look. With the old man readying the cart and yourself finishing putting everything away, she decided that this is the best time to shove her entire face directly into the pack for a good look around, and proceeds to strike gold.

Then comes the shocking cry of “Vee!” to snap her out of her pillaging, her head emerging from the pack with a half eaten Sitrus berry to spy the brown fox staring at her happily. Quickly munching down the last bite of what she had been eating, she plays innocent for a moment as the old man looks over.

“Oh, are you hungry too?” he chuckles before reaching down into the bad and producing another berry. “Here, take one of these. Just make sure to check with your trainer before gulping it all down, he might already have breakfast for you.”

With that, Annahime takes the Sitrus Berry presented to her and wanders back to your side, glaring at the Eevee and hoping that you hadn’t seen what just transpired.

With the packing all well and done, the old man motions to continue. “Well, we best be off, we’re just a short trek from the city.” Smiling, he begins pulling the cart back onto the road and walking along with surprising speed for a man of his age.

Sure enough, the trek isn’t far at all, and just up ahead you spot it,
The City of Pentacles. But before you can even manage to begin taking in the sights of it all, the old man diverges off the main road, down a smaller dirt path that leads to a large graveyard on the outskirts of the city. “Next stop, Death’s Yard.”
Curtis is trying to rub the tiredness out of his eyes as he notes Annahime's return to his side, a Sitrus Berry in tow. Which is highly unusual since she generally eats things as soon as she gets her jaws on them. Still, Curtis is too tired to make much of a connection other than perhaps she didn't want to eat in front of the Eevee since she might have felt like the other fox might've been trying to steal her food.

Curtis sighs and picks the Vulpix up to return her to her usual perch on his shoulder before giving her a soft pat on the head while he wordlessly grumbles to himself. He was going to have to do something about making sure that the two got along. He then follows after the old man, who is definitely one of those folks who has stayed physically active into their old age.

Annahime, having noted by now that Curtis seems to not care at all about the berry in her mouth starts biting down on it- using her Psychic to make sure that not a single bit of it got away. Happily stuffed to capacity, she then drapes herself on her human's shoulder and lazes about.


A while later, Curtis's eyes light up as he spots their destination though then his face falls when he hears that they're making a detour. With a sigh, he starts to wonder what the purpose of going to some sort of graveyard would be. Not sure what to expect but having to stand around as the old man visits some grave and goes on about his dead wife (or something like that) Curtis follows along.

...not that he's trying to disrespectful. It's just that... he's really not sure what to expect but to be bored for a few hours.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #30
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
SpinyShell-

You figure out the best way to deal with the horde of Zubat was to fight back. If you could pick them off, then you'd be able to backtrack with ease. Though, Umbra wouldn't fair well at all against them. He primarily had grass moves, which were quadruple resisted by the Zubats. He needed backup, and luckily you have an ace in the hole.

Taking a Dive Ball out, you send out your Binacle Limestone. The barnacle pokemon looks confused, not knowing how they ended up before the lava tube cavern. Though, noticing the horde of Zubat, the left-head Lime immediately jumped into action. Slamming his head into the ground, he summons giant pillars of stone. The sharp edges piercing through one of the Zubat and felling it with a critical hit!

The horde starts chattering amongst themselves, realizing you had more fight in you than they realized. No matter, you all were still prey. With that chattering done, they go on the offensive. They let out powerful air cutters, the attacks cutting through you, Limestone, Umbra, and the Indeedee. The pain was horrible, and those cuts would last a long while.

Though, you anticipated this and had Umbra set up a grassy terrain. The battlefield turned into a meadow green, the grass growing to have healing properties. This would help restore your wounds, and boost Umbra's grass typed moves.

He then follows up with a Leaf Storm, the terrain luckily boosting it to a respectable amount of damage. It hits one of the Zubat, but it doesn't fall as easily. You then notice Umbra cringe, his specially offensive abilities dropping drastically.

The Indeedee then acts and starts to Play Nice with the Zubat. It does lower one of their attack stat, but it doesn't really help in the current situation. You had an inkling that he wasn't really well versed in combat, and was more of a proper butler. Well, at least he is trying.

Surveying the horde of Zubat, there was about four more. The one Lime hit was twitching on the ground, easily defeated. Maybe you could use it in some way to turn the tide of battle? Well, whatever the case was, this was going to be a true test of skill.

What do you do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #31
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post


Zelphon: Having to abandon Mimikyu puts a downer on Naula's mood, but the Eevee soon perks up when you decide to leave Dunsparce to keep the trapped spirit company. Dunsparce seems pretty eager to play, merrily roughhousing with the Ghost type, with Mimikyu coming out of their shell enough to playfully slap in protest with her claws. With this solved for now, you head towards the main track, finding it with some ease courtesy of Naula's keen smell. Taking a moment to get your bearings, you head towards the inn, holding some anticipation for what you'd discover.

Mimikyu was right - both in that the inn still existed, and that it was relatively close. The building was a rather humble affair, exuding the kind of warm and cozy atmosphere that establishments across the land recklessly pursue with expensive renovations, the rustic feel which immediately draws you in with a disarming charm. Despite this, something felt off - the place seemed almost too perfect, an ominous picturesque quality that sent a little shiver down your spine. Heading inside, you are drawn towards the raucous sound of the tavern - if you needed information, people were the likely source. The background murmur dulls for a second as you enter, locals sizing you up with wary gazes before turning back to nursed pints. A quick scan of the area revealed a handful of potential sources - for one, the barkeep was undoubtedly familiar with many a passers-by. An old knight huddles in his rusted armour as if trying to meld into the furniture in an attempt to avoid detection, a number of empty glasses littering his table. At he far end, smoking from a gnarled pipe was a wizened crone, matted grey hair framing a sunken face, wrinkles obscuring much of her facial features. There were a few others of interest, but most of them appeared obvious travelers, unlikely to have much in the way of local knowledge.
Surprised the inn was still around, let alone still operated Rylie excitedly rushes for the door and quickly opening it only to once again find a shiver running up his spine as the eerily perfect acts as a shock to the system given how close it was to the gnarled and cursed part of the forest.

Making his way through the crowd Rylie is quick to apologize to anyone he disturbs while gaining his baring in the new location before he finally reaches a small open area where he can properly take in the place. Noticing the 3 people of note he takes a moment to ponder on who to ask questions, but before he can reach a decision he notices Naula rush towards the rust-coated knight.

Upon arriving at their table it's clear that Naula has decided he looks upset and that she wants to cheer him up, the Eevee nuzzling, making cute noises, and wagging her tail to achieve her goals.

"Sorry, she's just trying to show her uhh...support," Rylie says, clearly embarrassed (she's always been like this) he thinks to himself.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #32
Connor
Flashbacker
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9,068
grassyglide: The Eevee seems immediately enamoured by the treat offered to him. Looking to Kirlia, he widens his eyes in an attempt to appeal to her kinder nature, hoping to escape her hold without the need for reflection. After a rather amusing moment where the shrine maiden simply rolls her eyes at the seized troublemaker, Eevee finally yips an affirmative. A brief back and forth leaves the pup seeming genuinely contrite about their sudden brash appearance, and he is gingerly placed on the forest floor, lunging towards the Gummi without a second thought and merrily tucking in. With that distraction taken care of for now, the other Kirlia using a hand to stifle poorly disguised chuckling, the more serious of the pair turns towards you. Understanding your concerns, she shakes her head gently, seeking to put your worry at ease.

"Do not fret, human child. Those hooligans happened upon our place by chance. A strange quirk of these forests is that they lead you anywhere - but their power only grows in response to those with foreknowledge and ill intent. The trees shroud our presence, and we can use that to create a barrier of sorts - no matter how much they struggle, they will never discover us. Whether they can find you... is another story. I am afraid I cannot promise to extend this protection during your search for these materials, though I suspect you have ample means of fighting them off..."

A knowing smile comes across her expression at his notion, her gaze turning towards Wisewoods. The Rowlet puffs his chest out at this, underpinning the expressed sentiment with a chirpy coo.

"As for a guide, this youngling will suffice."

This unexpected offering of adventure again spurns Eevee into a frantic, tail wagging frenzy. Rushing in circles, the pup bounces and bounds, struggling to contain their excitement and clearly exuberant energy. Only a curt glance from Kirlia sees them calm down a little, shaking the worst of the mud and foliage clinging to their fur free before sitting smartly, still unable to control their tail fully, the appendage beating the ground rhythmically.

"You may call the shots, human, and this child should be able to bring you to each - you will inevitably encounter difficulty in the process, and that will be on you to resolve. This one is woefully inexperienced."

---

Zelphon: As Naula rushes towards the knight, his reaction is immediate. He jerks away from the touch of the Eevee, a brief contortion of his face betraying a flickering rage, certain he was coming under attack. Before this can truly bubble over though, he visibly fights with himself, sinking into his chair with a heavy, belaboured sigh. You rush after your Eevee, offering apologies for her behaviour - but at first it seems the old man barely even acknowledges your existence, choosing instead to leisurely finish his cradled pint in a drawn, extended and uncomfortably noisy swig. Slamming the empty glass onto the table, he leans back, finally paying attention to you.

It feels as if he is sizing you up as his beady eyes survey you, his expression stony and unchanging as he takes his time assessing the situation. Eventually, after what felt like an awkward eternity, the knight cracks a smile. A number of teeth are missing, as if his body was in as much disrepair as his suit of armour, but the light of his eyes betrays a cunning mind.

"I see you're looking for something, boy. Information, protection, maybe you've got a score to settle on behalf of someone I've wronged. Heaven knows that list is long enough. Unfortunately for you, I am not a kind man. My services do not come for free... unless you can prove you're worth it."

His smirk was mocking now, his grin egging you on to accept his challenge. You notice a set of Poke Balls hanging from a rough belt fashioned from leather strapped to his waist - the implication was clear. Of course, given his comments, it's possible that thus could be resolved otherwise with a bribe to loosen his lips, should your confidence in your battling abilities be wavering.

__________________
FB
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #33
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post

Zelphon: As Naula rushes towards the knight, his reaction is immediate. He jerks away from the touch of the Eevee, a brief contortion of his face betraying a flickering rage, certain he was coming under attack. Before this can truly bubble over though, he visibly fights with himself, sinking into his chair with a heavy, belaboured sigh. You rush after your Eevee, offering apologies for her behaviour - but at first it seems the old man barely even acknowledges your existence, choosing instead to leisurely finish his cradled pint in a drawn, extended and uncomfortably noisy swig. Slamming the empty glass onto the table, he leans back, finally paying attention to you.

It feels as if he is sizing you up as his beady eyes survey you, his expression stony and unchanging as he takes his time assessing the situation. Eventually, after what felt like an awkward eternity, the knight cracks a smile. A number of teeth are missing, as if his body was in as much disrepair as his suit of armour, but the light of his eyes betrays a cunning mind.

"I see you're looking for something, boy. Information, protection, maybe you've got a score to settle on behalf of someone I've wronged. Heaven knows that list is long enough. Unfortunately for you, I am not a kind man. My services do not come for free... unless you can prove you're worth it."

His smirk was mocking now, his grin egging you on to accept his challenge. You notice a set of Poke Balls hanging from a rough belt fashioned from leather strapped to his waist - the implication was clear. Of course, given his comments, it's possible that thus could be resolved otherwise with a bribe to loosen his lips, should your confidence in your battling abilities be wavering.

Scooping up Naula, Rylie's mood shifts from embarrassment to concern as the knight looks him up and down, the man's many visible injuries causing the trainer to feel sympathetic towards them.

As Rylie continues to look over the knight, the glint in their eyes snaps him back to reality allowing him to attentively listen to what he has to say, a small frown forming on the trainer's face as they go on. With a nod, Rylie straightens his back and glances down at the older man's Pokeball belt before once again meeting his gaze.

"I don't know where you're coming from with a lot of that stuff but if you think you can help us and you're looking for a battle then we'd be glad to oblige you outside"

Rylie then grins back at the man before pivoting around and making his way towards the door to the inn, once again apologizing to those he passes on the way out.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:17 PM   #34
grassyglide
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
grassyglide: The Eevee seems immediately enamoured by the treat offered to him. Looking to Kirlia, he widens his eyes in an attempt to appeal to her kinder nature, hoping to escape her hold without the need for reflection. After a rather amusing moment where the shrine maiden simply rolls her eyes at the seized troublemaker, Eevee finally yips an affirmative. A brief back and forth leaves the pup seeming genuinely contrite about their sudden brash appearance, and he is gingerly placed on the forest floor, lunging towards the Gummi without a second thought and merrily tucking in. With that distraction taken care of for now, the other Kirlia using a hand to stifle poorly disguised chuckling, the more serious of the pair turns towards you. Understanding your concerns, she shakes her head gently, seeking to put your worry at ease.

"Do not fret, human child. Those hooligans happened upon our place by chance. A strange quirk of these forests is that they lead you anywhere - but their power only grows in response to those with foreknowledge and ill intent. The trees shroud our presence, and we can use that to create a barrier of sorts - no matter how much they struggle, they will never discover us. Whether they can find you... is another story. I am afraid I cannot promise to extend this protection during your search for these materials, though I suspect you have ample means of fighting them off..."

A knowing smile comes across her expression at his notion, her gaze turning towards Wisewoods. The Rowlet puffs his chest out at this, underpinning the expressed sentiment with a chirpy coo.

"As for a guide, this youngling will suffice."

This unexpected offering of adventure again spurns Eevee into a frantic, tail wagging frenzy. Rushing in circles, the pup bounces and bounds, struggling to contain their excitement and clearly exuberant energy. Only a curt glance from Kirlia sees them calm down a little, shaking the worst of the mud and foliage clinging to their fur free before sitting smartly, still unable to control their tail fully, the appendage beating the ground rhythmically.

"You may call the shots, human, and this child should be able to bring you to each - you will inevitably encounter difficulty in the process, and that will be on you to resolve. This one is woefully inexperienced."

Argyle eyed the Eevee as he looked longingly at the Kirlia. Looks like the Eevee really wants that gummi, Argyle thought, glad that his plan to appease the Pokemon was on the right track. Following a brief conversation between the Eevee and the shrine maiden Kirlia, Argyle watched as the Eevee was let go of the Kirlia's hold. The Pokemon made a jump towards the Gummi and Argyle could not contain his smile as his plan apparently worked. With that settled, Argyle could give his full attention to the two Kirlia standing before him.

As one of them explained, Argyle nodded. Not that it came as a big surprise, but Argyle was kind of unsettled by the fact that the forest could lead him anywhere if he lacked the requisite foreknowledge - which Argyle was pretty sure he did - to traverse it. Had Argyle stumbled upon the shrine and the bullies by chance too or was it the forest's doing to lure him there to protect the shrine? Guess there was good reason to call it "Fortune's Woods" after all. Anyway, this concept did more than unsettle him. It also put him at ease with regards to the troublemaker triad. They bore ill-intent, so the forest would hopefully do all it could to keep them from causing any further harm. He wasn't too concerned about meeting them while fulfilling the tasks. Wisewoods had managed to best them once, he could do it again. The Kirlia seemed to agree and Rowlet was oozing confidence.

"I understand. Then, we shall be on our way to collect the items you've requested. Hopefully we won't be gone for long and rest assured that Wisewoods and I will protect this Eevee from harm," Argyle replied and bowed as a way to bid farewell.

Then, turning his attention to the young Eevee. The Eevee looked quite rambunctious. It was just moments ago that he was ready to attack Argyle and Wisewoods. Now, he was excited about the prospect of journeying with them through the forest. The shrine maiden had said the Eevee was woefully inexperienced but clearly trusted him in the duties of a guide, so who was Argyle to question whether the Eevee was truly fit for this task. As long as the Pokemon didn't let that excitement spur him on to do risky stuff, Argyle was fine with this arrangement. "Looks like we'll be teaming up. I'm Argyle and this Rowlet here is Wisewoods. Kirlia tasked us with finding sacred wood, a skilled carver and some incense. We shall follow you as you lead us through this forest to these items and we'll protect you if we encounter any trouble," Argyle explained to the Eevee, though the Pokemon probably already understood the situation. Still there was something he had to make sure to get across. "You've clearly got a lot of heart, but try to leave the battling to us. The last thing I'd want to do is explain to the Kirlia why you were injured. Understood?" Somehow Argyle thought the hardest part of the quest would be keeping this Eevee out of trouble. He looked at the young Pokemon fondly, then finally said, "Let's start with locating the sacred wood. Would you kindly please lead the way?"

__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #35
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge
 
SpinyShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
SpinyShell-

You figure out the best way to deal with the horde of Zubat was to fight back. If you could pick them off, then you'd be able to backtrack with ease. Though, Umbra wouldn't fair well at all against them. He primarily had grass moves, which were quadruple resisted by the Zubats. He needed backup, and luckily you have an ace in the hole.

Taking a Dive Ball out, you send out your Binacle Limestone. The barnacle pokemon looks confused, not knowing how they ended up before the lava tube cavern. Though, noticing the horde of Zubat, the left-head Lime immediately jumped into action. Slamming his head into the ground, he summons giant pillars of stone. The sharp edges piercing through one of the Zubat and felling it with a critical hit!

The horde starts chattering amongst themselves, realizing you had more fight in you than they realized. No matter, you all were still prey. With that chattering done, they go on the offensive. They let out powerful air cutters, the attacks cutting through you, Limestone, Umbra, and the Indeedee. The pain was horrible, and those cuts would last a long while.

Though, you anticipated this and had Umbra set up a grassy terrain. The battlefield turned into a meadow green, the grass growing to have healing properties. This would help restore your wounds, and boost Umbra's grass typed moves.

He then follows up with a Leaf Storm, the terrain luckily boosting it to a respectable amount of damage. It hits one of the Zubat, but it doesn't fall as easily. You then notice Umbra cringe, his specially offensive abilities dropping drastically.

The Indeedee then acts and starts to Play Nice with the Zubat. It does lower one of their attack stat, but it doesn't really help in the current situation. You had an inkling that he wasn't really well versed in combat, and was more of a proper butler. Well, at least he is trying.

Surveying the horde of Zubat, there was about four more. The one Lime hit was twitching on the ground, easily defeated. Maybe you could use it in some way to turn the tide of battle? Well, whatever the case was, this was going to be a true test of skill.

What do you do?
Sil watched with relief as the Stone Edge struck one of the Zubat, sending it spiralling to the ground with an agonized shriek. One down. Lime gave Stone a smug look, clearly satisfied that his recklessness paid off. But it soon faded as the remaining Zubats regrouped, their screeches sending chills down their spine and spawning renewed feelings of fear. Four left.

After they finished strategizing, the bats retaliated, whipping up several pointed Air Cutters. Sil winced as she felt the Air Cutters slice across her skin, her Pokemon allies letting out pained cries as the razor-sharp winds connected. Droplets of blood fell from various cuts on her body; she glanced at her arm to see a narrow gash running down it, her blood appearing black in the night’s darkness. Limestone and Umbra were similarly cut up--she really wished she had brought some bandages along with her.

Eager to relieve the hurting, Umbra set up a Grassy Terrain. Healing energy sank into their wounds, taking the edge off the pain and causing them all to sigh in relief. With his cleric duties done, he turned to offensive mode as he struck one of the Zubats with a powered-up Leaf Storm, grimacing as his stamina dropped. Unfortunately the blow didn’t knock it out, but at least it was some damage.

Rounding out their offensive push, the Indeedee began to… Play Nice with the Zubat? The attack, while something, didn’t really help. Sil felt irrational frustration build up inside her; it was life or death here, and their fourth party member clearly had little combat experience. But she had little time to despair over the butler’s relative weakness. Fighting off rising feelings of panic, she barked orders to her own Pokemon.

“Limestone, we need another Stone Edge! Umbra, cover us with a Light Screen!”

As Limestone and Umbra readied their attacks, Sil looked at the fallen Zubat. There was still life in its body, its wings twitching ever so slightly. It certainly could match the speed--and ruthlessness--of their opponents. Perhaps she could do with one more Pokemon on her team.

Hurriedly opening her backpack, she rummaged inside it until she found what she was looking for, a Friend Ball, and prepared to take aim.

Last edited by SpinyShell; 06-16-2021 at 06:41 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:50 PM   #36
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post
Ary Bellamy stood quietly on the Fool's Path, watching Trainers and their Pokemon running carefree along the cobblestone road, yearning for adventure.

"I wonder if they're all new to this, like I am... Most of 'em look younger than me, that's for sure", he muttered under his breath.

He'd waited five years longer than almost any other kid, but he had no regrets. It wasn't like he'd wasted that half a decade - helping out at the farm, and looking after Elly, both were good deeds he knew he could be proud of. But now? Now it was time to do things his way, for himself!

"I can finally be a Trainer! Maybe I'll get to meet Blue, or Professor Oak... or maybe even Red! And when I'm strong enough, however long that takes... I'm going to track down and defeat Mewtwo!"

Instinctively, his hand hovered over the single PokeBall on his belt while he spoke to himself – after all, it only felt right to take his very first steps alongside his Pokemon partner! But he hesitated. Because before he could be and do all the things he dreamed of, there was a... slight problem he had to solve first.

"This Scyther is way too dangerous to let loose on the streets... how did I get stuck with such a crazy Pokemon as my Starter? And how am I supposed to win any battles if it doesn't even acknowledge my presence?..."

Ary shrugged and made his way along the Fool's Path, trying his best not to overthink things. He'd figure it out eventually - nobody ever said it'd be an easy ride!
Continuing along the path, lost in thought you find that as your mind thinks over the possible the grandeurs of Trainer life your surroundings themselves seem to take on a fanciful appearance, the wild trees turning to carefully kept hedges and beautiful beds of flowers, your fellow travelers almost melting out of existence before being replaced with the silhouettes of people wearing all kinds of finery as a fog obscures all else from your vision.

Shocked at the sudden change in scenery you hover your hand over your partner's Pokeball instinctively while you survey the landscape, the thick fog giving you little to go by as the sounds of barking dog pokemon, posh clapping, and other sounds faintly dance around you.

As you make your way through this strange new landscape you relax your guard and simply focus on trying to get out of this place, the sounds from earlier seemingly coming from a glowing light in the distance. Upon making your way to the source of the light you can make out a glowing gate of the finest, most immaculately kept shrubbery you have ever seen. The glow shining from a portal within the gate as well as some strange flowers blooming at the entrance.

Compelled to take a closer look you can almost make out shifting shapes of pokemon, noble folk, and a wide array of picturesque Gardens fit for an Empress before the image of a small amphitheater takes focus in the swirling vortex of mystical energy.

What do you do?
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #37
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
SpinyShell-

Unsatisfied with the Indeedee's lack of combat abilities, you channel that into the twitching Zubat in front of you. If the Indeedee was going to be of no use to you, then maybe the bat would be. Well, at the very least it'll be better equipped to fight off the horde than the butler with you.

Barking orders at your Pokemon, they give you a nod before you produce a Friend Ball. Sort of ironic, considering the state of mind you were in, but oh well. You throw the ball at the Zubat and watch the Pokemon become enveloped in white light. The ball shakes once... then twice... and then a third time. With a click, an audible ding fills the area and catches all of the Pokemon's attention.

Congratulations! A Lv. 9 Male Zubat with EM Gust has been caught!

From the looks of it, he was the baby of the bunch. Perhaps he was using his Gust to help propel the Air Cutters, as well as give the illusion he was stronger than he was? Well, whatever the case, he was a new ally to help you out in this situation. Though, with his health at critical, he needs healing before being able to do that.

Meanwhile, Limestone sends out another Stone Edge. This one manages to hit the Zubat Umbra blasted with Leaf Storm earlier, and KO's it outright. Well, that was a great hit. Only three foes remained now, and the numbers advantage was now on your side.

On the defensive end, Umbra sets up a Light Screen. It helps mitigate the amount of Air Cutters being thrown your way. With the baby taken and one of them KO'd, the three remaining Zubats have become extremely aggressive. No amount of niceties could quell their rage, and you could see the Indeedee start to realize this. Though, the butler doesn't have a clue on what to do now. Maybe if he was given a little guidance from you, he'd be able to better assist.

What do you do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #38
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge
 
SpinyShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
SpinyShell-

Unsatisfied with the Indeedee's lack of combat abilities, you channel that into the twitching Zubat in front of you. If the Indeedee was going to be of no use to you, then maybe the bat would be. Well, at the very least it'll be better equipped to fight off the horde than the butler with you.

Barking orders at your Pokemon, they give you a nod before you produce a Friend Ball. Sort of ironic, considering the state of mind you were in, but oh well. You throw the ball at the Zubat and watch the Pokémon become enveloped in white light. The ball shakes once... then twice... and then a third time. With a click, an audible ding fills the area and catches all of the Pokémon's attention.

Congratulations! A Lv. 9 Male Zubat with EM Gust has been caught!

From the looks of it, he was the baby of the bunch. Perhaps he was using his Gust to help propel the Air Cutters, as well as give the illusion he was stronger than he was? Well, whatever the case, he was a new ally to help you out in this situation. Though, with his health at critical, he needs healing before being able to do that.

Meanwhile, Limestone sends out another Stone Edge. This one manages to hit the Zubat Umbra blasted with Leaf Storm earlier, and KO's it outright. Well, that was a great hit. Only three foes remained now, and the numbers advantage was now on your side.

On the defensive end, Umbra sets up a Light Screen. It helps mitigate the amount of Air Cutters being thrown your way. With the baby taken and one of them KO'd, the three remaining Zubats have become extremely aggressive. No amount of niceties could quell their rage, and you could see the Indeedee start to realize this. Though, the butler doesn't have a clue on what to do now. Maybe if he was given a little guidance from you, he'd be able to better assist.

What do you do?
Sil looked at the newest addition to her team fluttering in front of her. The Zubat appeared to be the youngest member of the swarm, using his Gust attack to aid with the older bats’ Air Cutters as well as make himself appear more threatening. Hoping his youthfulness would make him more approachable, she reached her hand out to him to build familiarity, but she quickly withdrew it when he hissed and bared his sharp fangs. At the very least he didn’t try to sink his teeth into her flesh; perhaps the Friend Ball had made him a bit less upset towards her. But that was still barely an accomplishment--she didn’t know how she could possibly convince him to attack his former allies when he was clearly upset with her.

Could she possibly sate his hunger to at the very least sway him towards her side? Keeping an eye on him, she took out a Charti Berry from her bag and hesitantly offered it to the bat.

“This is for you. If you agree to help us out, I have a couple other berries in my bag that’ll all be yours as well. I know they’re your friends, but we’d prefer not to become bat-food. I promise you we won’t hurt them beyond what’s necessary to protect ourselves.”

The Zubat hesitantly flapped forward before sinking his long fangs into the berry’s thin skin with an audible crunch. He made a soft hiss as the provocative tang of the berry seeped into his tongue, but still devoured it completely nonetheless. She reached her hand out to him again--hoping to get a different reaction this time--and his body tensed in response, but he didn’t hiss or bare his fangs at her. He was still unsure of her, but at the very least not outright hostile. While it may not have been the blood-rich meal he was originally out to get, it appeared the berry was enough to satisfy his hunger for now.

“Okay, I’m going to take that as a ‘yes.’ Could you use a Supersonic against those other Zubats?”

Whether or not the Zubat was actually going to help her out, or if he just took advantage of the free meal, was unknown. She let out a sigh of stress and anxiety, unsure if that got through to him. But she couldn’t worry about that now, her Pokemon were waiting on her to give them orders.

“Limestone, could you fire off another Stone Edge? Umbra, cover them with a Grassy Glide.”

Umbra and Limestone nodded in affirmative, before readying their respective attacks. With her orders beginning to go into motion, she turned to the Indeedee. He looked completely lost as the reality of their situation sunk in. It would be impossible to quell the tempers of the Zubats, especially now that they’ve lost two members of their group, no matter how much the Indeedee tried to appease them. Their only chance at survival would be to fight back, but the butler’s lack of experience rendered him nearly helpless. But, perhaps, she could guide him in the right direction.

“I know you don’t have much battling experience,” she said, “but we need all the firepower we can get. Do you know any Psychic-type attacks like Psywave or Psyshock? Offensive Psychic moves like those would probably work best against this Zubat horde.”

She didn’t feel comfortable giving someone else’s Pokémon orders, but she had no problem giving suggestions. Hopefully the Indeedee would heed them.


OOC: Record keeping
  • Declaring Zubat's ability to be Infiltrator. Will determine nickname later.
  • Charti Berries: 2 --> 1

Last edited by SpinyShell; 06-23-2021 at 09:35 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #39
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
SpinyShell-

Managing to convince the Zubat to fight with you with a berry, you give it commands. It made sense that it was wary of you, especially with how you capture it, but there was something else there that made it more than willing to help out. That was something that would need to be unpacked later though, the battle was more important.

You watched, with some relief, as the Zubat send out a Supersonic against its former brethren. The three remaining were confused, both literally and figuratively, over their former friend's actions. Yet, the confusion was enough, and it allowed both your Binacle and Fizzytopian Bulbasaur to knock out another one of the horde. Three down, two to go.

While your Pokemon were dealing with the Zubats, you focused on the Indeedee. His lack of experience was certainly an issue, a little guidance could go a long way. You ask him if he knew any offensive psychic-typed moves, and he meekly shook his head yes. It seems he wasn't entirely aware of Pokemon-type matchups. That wasn't necessarily a problem, he'd most likely learn as the night went on.

You see him hold his hands together and start to focus his psychic power within his hands. He then looked up at the Zubats, and send out this Stored Power. A pulse of psychic energy hit one of the poison and flying typed Pokemon, but the attack looked like it barely did anything. The Pokemon looked pretty beaten up already, so it made sense the Indeedee tried to go after it. In retaliation, the Zubat tried to go in for a bite, but with its confusion ended up faceplanting into the floor next to the Indeedee.

It twitches for a bit but then continues to lie there. Looks like the confusion damage was enough to bring it down. Now, you had four against one. The last Zubat realized the situation it was in but didn't flee. It looked it had honor, or at the very least didn't want to lead all of you into their home. Whatever the case was, that was the last thing to finish off and you were home free.

What do you do?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #40
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Continuing along the path, lost in thought you find that as your mind thinks over the possible the grandeurs of Trainer life your surroundings themselves seem to take on a fanciful appearance, the wild trees turning to carefully kept hedges and beautiful beds of flowers, your fellow travelers almost melting out of existence before being replaced with the silhouettes of people wearing all kinds of finery as a fog obscures all else from your vision.

Shocked at the sudden change in scenery you hover your hand over your partner's Pokeball instinctively while you survey the landscape, the thick fog giving you little to go by as the sounds of barking dog pokemon, posh clapping, and other sounds faintly dance around you.

As you make your way through this strange new landscape you relax your guard and simply focus on trying to get out of this place, the sounds from earlier seemingly coming from a glowing light in the distance. Upon making your way to the source of the light you can make out a glowing gate of the finest, most immaculately kept shrubbery you have ever seen. The glow shining from a portal within the gate as well as some strange flowers blooming at the entrance.

Compelled to take a closer look you can almost make out shifting shapes of pokemon, noble folk, and a wide array of picturesque Gardens fit for an Empress before the image of a small amphitheater takes focus in the swirling vortex of mystical energy.

What do you do?
Ary had heard some very strange stories about the Fool's Path, but had conciously chosen to ignore the most bizarre ones. After all, there was no way they were true, right?...

"No way... No freaking way!..."

The youngster's eyes widened as the scene before him shifted, regular-looking Trainers being replaced by people who looked like they belonged in history books - out of focus as they were, surrounded by all that eerie fog -, and the unassuming cobblestone road giving way to perfectly maintained shrubbery that lead to a gate which looked, even more than anything else around him, decidedly paranormal.

He considered calling out his Trapinch, by far the most sociable of his three companions, but reconsidered. He didn't even know where he was anymore, and what if they got separated in the mist? On the other hand, neither Shingen, his very first companion, nor Kenshin, his sworn rival, would have any trouble keeping their bearings... but they had other problems of their own.

Deciding to continue on his own for now, down the shape-shifting road, Ary remained in absolute wonder of it all.

"This..."

Finding the words were difficult at first. But the more he thought about, the more obvious it became how he really felt.

"This... is so cool!"

Perhaps, some more years down the line, Ary would look back at this moment and wonder what on earth he was thinking. He might even come to regret it. But at that point, ovewhelmed by the excitement of his very first smell of adventure, the Kalosian boy dashed toward the portal, eager to see where it would take him, Shingen, Kenshin and Mobius.
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:31 PM   #41
Slash
Silver LO
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,760
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade, post: 7110016, member: 63055
Slash:
You realize, in part due to personal experience, that Octillery's ability, while powerful, is unreliable in the long run. That is why at some point it might be best to keep attacking, hoping a chink will appear in the mollusk's defenses.

Yamask floats high up and fires off a green energy orb, but Octillery is ready to do what it does best.

"Counter with Octazooka! Snipe that Energy Ball off the air!"

The ink bomb is fired and collides with Yamask's attack in midair, exploding on contact. Timburr takes advantage of the distraction and rushes in with a Power-Up Punch, and you find it takes Octillery too long to react to its approach - the fist finds its mark, and this time the Water-type seems to feel it!

"Oh, it's getting sluggish..." David's reaction indicates he was just about expecting it. Doesn't seem too upset by it, either way...

Yamask seems to notice as well, and quickly fires off another Energy Ball. Octillery responds with another Octazooka, but again, its reaction time is slow, and by the time it has taken aim and fired, the green orb is already much too close! The two blasts clash mere inches away from Octillery's face, and ink is splattered everywhere, covering the Water-Type's eyes!

"Oh bummer..."

Timburr prepares to take another swing, but just as he's about to land a crushing punch... David recalls Octillery!

"Yeah, that wasn't gonna go anywhere for me. Oh, it was Surf, by the way. Its last move. I uh... Well I just bought this jacket the other day, and I didn't wanna get it all soaked if it summoned a wave from the lake. So, y'know... You win this one. Good job mate!"

*Yamask gains 4 Levels!*
*Timburr gains 4 Levels!*

The fisherman turns to the lake and points.

"You proved your point, you can take care of yourself. Guess it's about time you go get your fishing rod, right? Well, a promise is a promise."

Picking a Lure Ball, David tosses it to the ground. In a flash of silver light, a small spider takes form. Unsurprisingly by now, not a fish.

"This here is Dewpider. Great at making water bubbles for itself; but great at making air bubbles for me when I go deep-sea diving, too! So you can borrow it to get down into the depths of the Lake of Moon."

The Dewpider greets you with a warm smile before shooting a stream of small bubbles up into the air, showing off for a bit.

"Just remember - you're gonna be underwater in a lake of oversized Pokemon. It's their world, not yours. No matter how good you are, like you've shown me... You're always gonna be at a disadvantage down there. Pick your Pokemon, and pick your fights, very wisely."

He throws you a thumbs-up and a smile.

"Let me know when you're ready to dive in, alright? Take your time, then give me the go-ahead!"

*Declare up to six Pokemon to go underwater with you. Remember to stock up on items too, in case the going gets rough!*
Member Post

Darik returned both Pokemon to their PokeBalls. They'd not be there for long, though. They just needed a small amount of time to recover. He popped the Timburr's Ball into his TM Case, booting up his TM for Detect to teach the young fighter. "You shall be named Kiyo, after the legendary Karate King himself. May we someday best him together." He stowed the empty TM and pulled Kiyo's ball from the TM case. (Timburr learns TM Detect and goes from level 4 to level 8)

Darik now turned his attention to the Yamask's PokeBall. He pulled out an empty Ball, a Mummy Ball specifically, and pressed the two Balls' capture buttons together, transferring the Yamask from the former into the latter, as his new home. "And you shall be named after a great pharaoh from long ago. Your name is Atem." (Yamask goes from level 6 to level 10)

It looked like David was ready as soon as he was, but Darik knew he had to be careful not to go into things half-cocked. He knelt on the ground to take stock of the situation. His rod could very well have been damaged beyond repair by now, but that was beside the point. He wouldn't let that fish get the last laugh. He was acutely aware of the few Lure Balls he had on hand. Maybe. Maybe not. He hadn't come to the lake intending to catch a fish, just to train, but now he had an itch to scratch. It needn't be the Seaking, of course, as poetic as that would be. He just really wanted to catch something. He was sure David here could relate, despite his odd avoidance of fish. After a few minutes of going through his bag, making sure he was aware of what he had to bear, he stood back up.

Darik's team was set, of course. He tossed all six of his balls on hand, assembling his full team. Having had a bit of a rest, and being invigorated from their victory and finding their names, Kiyo and Atem looked fresh and new all over again.

Ravyn and Falcyn, his duo of Mightyena, were of course with him as always, emerging out of their Team Aqua Balls. Ravyn sniffed at the duo Darik had been training, and nodded slightly. She could smell potential. Falcyn let out a small snarl, making the pair jump a bit. He then barked out a laugh. He was a nice pup, but liked to spook others.

His final two Pokemon on hand, his Cloyster and his Spinarak, also emerged. Casper the Spinarak climbed up to perch on his shoulder, while his curently nameless Cloyster just stared at the lake. These two were mostly here for utility purposes. Cloyster could Surf and Dive and fight well in the water in case anything went south. Casper wasn't very strong yet himself, but his webbing was potentially useful up on the surface, and he could also illuminate any dark areas they might stumble across in the lake with his Flash.

This could end up being a very fun adventure. Darik cracked his neck and turned back to David.

"All right, David, sorry for the wait. But I think we're ready for the deep end."
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #42
Sneaze
Mrow?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Camping the White Market
Posts: 6,938
Missingno. Master - The events of the past few moments were nothing shy of an ordeal, enough to throw even the most experienced of trainers for a loop or two. Were you actually dreaming? And if so for how long? What words the Gengar before you spoke could be true and which may be lies meant only to see you lead your own mind astray? So many questions, but the answers would have to wait, at least for now. As your plan comes to pass, you watch as the Gengar is completely unphased by Meowth’s Dream Eater, but it would seem that Gengar is the only thing here that is. After recovering from a brief attack, the fruits of Meowth’s efforts are revealed, a Normalium Z clutched in the cat’s paw.

Taking the newfound Z-Crystal, it becomes apparent for a moment that you’ll have to get creative. With the foe before you not likely to care at all about any Breakneck Blitz that might come his way, as Meowth is wont to point out, your options become rather limited. Luckily, a brief moment of word association strikes, gifting you with another plan of attack, not that Meowth seems to understand initially, opting to Work himself Up before performing the Z poses with you out of trust more than anything else. His trust isn’t misplaced, either, as once the poses are complete, the surge of power erupts from your band and into the cat, who finds himself initially surprised that said power didn’t immediately begin to manifest itself as a powerful move. Then it clicks, and Meowth understands your plan in full before your shout rings through the cave, “Here we go, then- use Z-Assist!!!”

A bright light emanates around Meowth, revealing the shadow of his ally, a Gengar’s form standing behind the cat cackling madly before the form condenses into a Shadow Ball at the tips of Meowth’s form, the bright light surging into the attack and causing the orb to expand greatly before erupting in a burst of shadows. The darkness pulses several times, filling every corner of the cave, no matter how brightly lit it originally was, as a shout rings through the air, “Never-Ending Nightmare!!!”

Horrified as his constructed world begins to disappear around him, the Gengar’s eyes frantically dart about in horror, the wild grin on his face turning to a deep frown as he realizes what is occurring. Turning to stare you in the eyes, his form shatters, revealing the same dark gas that had filled the area at his previous transformation, before coalescing into the form of a Gastly, floating slowly downwards, dejected.

But the darkness does not cease spreading.

Unable to control the power being released from his paw, the darkness washes over Meowth, the same mad cackling echoing through the area as the cat’s form begins to fade before your eyes, becoming slowly translucent prior to disappearing before your very eyes. And then, in the depths of this pitch black abyss you now found yourself in, it was just you and your other self, the Gastly’s form shuddering to maintain itself, condensing occasionally into naught but a specter of the Mage you had thought your ally.

The silhouette slams its fist into the non-existent ground for a moment, frustrations streaming down the Gastly’s face, eyes watering with a misty haze of more vapor than gas as they stare into yours. “Why?! I am a part of you, am I not?? I have given you everything! My strength… my cunning… every ounce of my power…” the fist of the silhouette opens, grasping at the darkness in a futile attempt at wrapping its fingers around anything at all, “and yet I remain trapped here, deep within the confines of you. Buried so deep that there is no light… no brilliance of the world beyond drips here for my eyes to witness, no sweet sound to echo through the silent chamber…”

The silhouette fades entirely as the Gastly stares into the infinite darkness surrounding the two of you, “...why?”


ChrisClark13 - The City of Pentacles looms on the horizon before you, the shimmering light of the city reflecting the same shine as the coins that grace it, though it is somewhat unclear which of the two give each other their names. But as your face lights up when you approach the destination, the old man is quick to inform you that a detour must be made, into the sprawling cemetery on the outskirts of the city, at that. Great. This can surely only mean a long winded discussion about dead wives and an extended period of glossed over eyes and dull expressions from everyone in attendance.

And that very assumption seems to be largely correct in its initial guess, though some points may have been incorrect as the man immediately begins to ramble. “A large portion of my family lies buried in this cemetery, you know. Brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, even some that pre-date the city before you.” He stops at the very first grave, unmarked in near every way, and places a singular flower atop it, ceasing his speaking for a moment to offer a short prayer, before moving onto the next and doing the same. “I make it a point to come here yearly and offer a flower to each and every one.”

Annahime’s eyes widen in horror immediately at this statement, staring at the expansive field of graves as well as the overflowing cart of flowers. This wasn’t going to be short, not at all. Even your rather generous assumption of a few hours was swiftly beginning to look more and more grossly incorrect as the length of the man’s prayers differs from grave to grave. This could take days.

You, luckily, are given very little time to contemplate this madness, as the cart is flung onto its side momentarily, the culprit of the sudden disturbance being the Eevee accompanying the old man, suddenly startled as it darts behind a nearby grave to hide. The source of the start makes itself known quickly, a dark sphere with two pure black eyes above a yellow cross appearing, righting itself to reveal a small white puff atop its head as it floats lazily towards the Eevee, two string-like appendages reaching out to attempt to wrap themselves around the fox.

“Oh dear,” the old man mutters, staring at the flowers littering the ground before tipping the cart back onto its wheels. Slowly, he begins picking up the flowers, only for the Eevee to once again dart past, scattering more of the plants. It would seem your already long detour will only take longer unless this interloper ceases causing trouble.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:33 PM   #43
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
THE ARCANE REALM

The Forest of Wands


Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. THe once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.
The Fool's Path: a winding road crossed by new and old Trainers alike, snaking through the various lands of the Arcane Realm in one gigantic loop. It was perfect for the wandering adventurer who wished to aimlessly stumble into excitement without thinking—something that Elijah was definitely not trying to achieve. The fair-skinned Trainer already had a goal and destination in mind: get away from everyone and everything, and make his way to the Forest of Wands, respectively. He wasn't stopping to talk to anyone, try to solve any problems, or deal with someone else's issues. It was just him and the ground beneath his feet.

...Well, it wasn't just him. Epoch hovered beside Elijah in smooth, calculated movements: just like it was designed to do from the moment that it was created. The Trainer sighed; just another sign that the Pokémon that he spent all week training was nothing more than a part of some elaborate scheme by one of his former "friends" to spy on him. It would have perpetuated his shock and anger if it hadn't already twisted itself into numbness, an instinctual desire for withdrawal.

This didn't stop him from trying to reach out to whatever was left of the Porygon, though. "You know what camping is?" He asked in a low, mildly brooding tone that befit his inner turmoil. "Because it's something that we really need to do right now. Without anyone getting in the way." He took a deep breath and sighed, glancing at the Pokédex that he'd been holding in his right hand. The map that it displayed told him everything that he needed to know: he was on the right track, and the forest was just a mile or two away. What concerned him, though, was the alarmingly low charge in its battery: 15 percent. He seriously had to cut down on his use of the thing. It really didn't matter right now, though; the forest was just ahead and growing ever closer to him. All he had to do after that was find a nice campsite and set up for the night.

What Elijah didn't realize was how far south things would go.


---

By all definitions, Elijah's campsite looked more like a disaster than anything. Logs were haphazardly scattered all over the place, remnants of a fire that was never started. What was supposed to be a tent looked more like a crumpled mess of yellow cloth, collapsing in on itself in ways previously unknown. An empty can of refried beans laid next to one of the aforementioned logs; specifically, the one that Elijah was currently sprawled out on in some sort of mixture of desperation, frustration, and exhaustion. The waning sunset overhead that faintly illuminated the forest's fog was the only light around for miles, a reflection of his decision to set everything up as far from any trails or paths as he could. Epoch was still floating beside him, as expressionless as ever.

"Ugh," Elijah groaned. "I can't take this anymore.

"I've been at this for only a week, but I've been through so much. I mean, the whole park incident was one thing, but then I get dragged into some fiasco with a weird scientist, try to handle a Pawniard that won't listen to me, and then it turns out that my starter is nothing more than a big spy camera used by someone that I thought I could trust.

"I hate this so much. I mean, I might be good at this, but it's making me freak out. I'm not sure if I can keep going like this, but I don't know if I have a choice here."

Elijah watched the forest grow darker with bated breath. "...I know it's not the right thing to do, but should I just give up? Not that you'd be able to answer me, but I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

"...Whatever, we should head back," he continued, unpocketing his Pokédex. "There's really no use in staying here if I'm just... going to..."

Elijah trailed off as he stared at the black screens on his ever-so-useful device. The Pokédex wasn't turning on. That meant that the battery was out, which also meant...

"...Great, we're lost again, aren't we."

Last edited by blu3shift; 07-03-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: updated zone intro, this should give my updater something to work with
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:53 AM   #44
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge
 
ChrisClark13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
ChrisClark13 - The City of Pentacles looms on the horizon before you, the shimmering light of the city reflecting the same shine as the coins that grace it, though it is somewhat unclear which of the two give each other their names. But as your face lights up when you approach the destination, the old man is quick to inform you that a detour must be made, into the sprawling cemetery on the outskirts of the city, at that. Great. This can surely only mean a long winded discussion about dead wives and an extended period of glossed over eyes and dull expressions from everyone in attendance.

And that very assumption seems to be largely correct in its initial guess, though some points may have been incorrect as the man immediately begins to ramble. “A large portion of my family lies buried in this cemetery, you know. Brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, even some that pre-date the city before you.” He stops at the very first grave, unmarked in near every way, and places a singular flower atop it, ceasing his speaking for a moment to offer a short prayer, before moving onto the next and doing the same. “I make it a point to come here yearly and offer a flower to each and every one.”

Annahime’s eyes widen in horror immediately at this statement, staring at the expansive field of graves as well as the overflowing cart of flowers. This wasn’t going to be short, not at all. Even your rather generous assumption of a few hours was swiftly beginning to look more and more grossly incorrect as the length of the man’s prayers differs from grave to grave. This could take days.

You, luckily, are given very little time to contemplate this madness, as the cart is flung onto its side momentarily, the culprit of the sudden disturbance being the Eevee accompanying the old man, suddenly startled as it darts behind a nearby grave to hide. The source of the start makes itself known quickly, a dark sphere with two pure black eyes above a yellow cross appearing, righting itself to reveal a small white puff atop its head as it floats lazily towards the Eevee, two string-like appendages reaching out to attempt to wrap themselves around the fox.

“Oh dear,” the old man mutters, staring at the flowers littering the ground before tipping the cart back onto its wheels. Slowly, he begins picking up the flowers, only for the Eevee to once again dart past, scattering more of the plants. It would seem your already long detour will only take longer unless this interloper ceases causing trouble.
It takes a moment for Curtis to place the balloon-like Pokemon that's causing trouble as a Driftloon. He's not entirely sure why it's bothering the Eevee, but he's at least heard stories that these things like to abduct children... and apparently small cute Pokemon too. He would just have Annahime blast the thing, but a full drawn-out battle here might only make the situation worse and seems really ill-fitting right now- like it would ruin the mood.

He bends down and takes Annahime off his shoulder- softly speaking to her, "I need you to run up and use Protect to block the Driftloon's advance for a moment. Use Psychic to push it back if it doesn't stop... and if it attacks you then- hit it with a Dark Pulse. "

The fire-fox looks up at her trainer for a moment, then back to the balloon Pokemon before jogging forwards. She wasn't exactly sprinting enthusiastically to the Eevee's rescue, but she was going to make sure to give the balloon a piece of her mind. Besides, she knew that her trainer would certainly be running off to help the Eevee- the idiot's got a bleeding heart for anything with fur on it.

Curtis just hoped she wouldn't overreact if it tried grabbing her... or had any troublesome moves that it could use on her in turn.

The orders given, he ran off to go intercept the Eevee, calling out to it and fishing his treat bag out of his pocket, "Eevee! Here, come here! I got you!" He beckons towards the frightened fox to run towards him, bending down slightly as he moves and shaking the treat bag to help entice it.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:10 AM   #45
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Missingno. Master - The events of the past few moments were nothing shy of an ordeal, enough to throw even the most experienced of trainers for a loop or two. Were you actually dreaming? And if so for how long? What words the Gengar before you spoke could be true and which may be lies meant only to see you lead your own mind astray? So many questions, but the answers would have to wait, at least for now. As your plan comes to pass, you watch as the Gengar is completely unphased by Meowth’s Dream Eater, but it would seem that Gengar is the only thing here that is. After recovering from a brief attack, the fruits of Meowth’s efforts are revealed, a Normalium Z clutched in the cat’s paw.

Taking the newfound Z-Crystal, it becomes apparent for a moment that you’ll have to get creative. With the foe before you not likely to care at all about any Breakneck Blitz that might come his way, as Meowth is wont to point out, your options become rather limited. Luckily, a brief moment of word association strikes, gifting you with another plan of attack, not that Meowth seems to understand initially, opting to Work himself Up before performing the Z poses with you out of trust more than anything else. His trust isn’t misplaced, either, as once the poses are complete, the surge of power erupts from your band and into the cat, who finds himself initially surprised that said power didn’t immediately begin to manifest itself as a powerful move. Then it clicks, and Meowth understands your plan in full before your shout rings through the cave, “Here we go, then- use Z-Assist!!!”

A bright light emanates around Meowth, revealing the shadow of his ally, a Gengar’s form standing behind the cat cackling madly before the form condenses into a Shadow Ball at the tips of Meowth’s form, the bright light surging into the attack and causing the orb to expand greatly before erupting in a burst of shadows. The darkness pulses several times, filling every corner of the cave, no matter how brightly lit it originally was, as a shout rings through the air, “Never-Ending Nightmare!!!”

Horrified as his constructed world begins to disappear around him, the Gengar’s eyes frantically dart about in horror, the wild grin on his face turning to a deep frown as he realizes what is occurring. Turning to stare you in the eyes, his form shatters, revealing the same dark gas that had filled the area at his previous transformation, before coalescing into the form of a Gastly, floating slowly downwards, dejected.

But the darkness does not cease spreading.

Unable to control the power being released from his paw, the darkness washes over Meowth, the same mad cackling echoing through the area as the cat’s form begins to fade before your eyes, becoming slowly translucent prior to disappearing before your very eyes. And then, in the depths of this pitch black abyss you now found yourself in, it was just you and your other self, the Gastly’s form shuddering to maintain itself, condensing occasionally into naught but a specter of the Mage you had thought your ally.

The silhouette slams its fist into the non-existent ground for a moment, frustrations streaming down the Gastly’s face, eyes watering with a misty haze of more vapor than gas as they stare into yours. “Why?! I am a part of you, am I not?? I have given you everything! My strength… my cunning… every ounce of my power…” the fist of the silhouette opens, grasping at the darkness in a futile attempt at wrapping its fingers around anything at all, “and yet I remain trapped here, deep within the confines of you. Buried so deep that there is no light… no brilliance of the world beyond drips here for my eyes to witness, no sweet sound to echo through the silent chamber…”

The silhouette fades entirely as the Gastly stares into the infinite darkness surrounding the two of you, “...why?”
Keith gritted his teeth as Meowth prepared to attack. Z-Assist, while their best bet, was still a hell of a gamble. His other conscious Pokémon, Chuck and Dennis, had a pretty decent variety of attacks... but to his delight, the shadow that appeared was that of a Gengar- of Chuck- which turned into a Shadow Ball, which in turn turned into a Z-Move Keith was actually fairly familiar with- that being, Never-Ending Nightmare. And Gengar was not liking this! His grin turned right upside down, his eyes darting around in horror, and then his form shattered altogether, revealing the Gastly within, floating downwards, looking dejected.

Alas, it was too soon to start celebrating, for the power pouring out of Meowth turned out to be beyond his control, and that same cackling sounded as Meowth faded before Keith's eyes. "No! Meowth!" Keith exclaimed, before taking a few deep breaths to steady himself. This was, after all, a dream, was it not?

And Keith, well... now he was alone. All by himself. Well, there was the Gastly, and yet, my point still stands. And the Gastly was not looking all that happy, but... was not expressing his unhappiness in a way Keith had been expecting. Gastly was attempting to recreate the Mage's form, and was failing. And he looked utterly pitiful at this point, on the verge of tears as he spoke. And Keith listened, listened to the fourth of himself that he'd never really heard speak before today, listened and considered. He was still trying to wrap his head around the notion that the 25% of himself that was Gastly was anything more than simply his own self with watered-down Pokémon attributes. Part of him considered the notion that this was all also part of the dream, but no- this was the one part of the dream Meowth hadn't been able to consume via Dream Eater.

This was real.

Keith gave a small sigh at the final word spoken, just as the silhouette of the Mage disappeared completely. "You've been good to me," he said. "Being part Gastly definitely has its upsides. I suppose I probably came off as ungrateful just now, didn't I, with the Z-Move? I apologize for that... Look... I don't like that you tried to take over my body, but... I can see why you'd be driven to try," he admitted. "If this is how you've existed all this time, trapped inside me, seeing no light, hearing no sound... your own personal never-ending nightmare," he sighed. "But... like... you're only a quarter of me. Hearing me say that out loud, it sounds so insulting, but I really don't mean it that way," Keith added. "But, like... there's only so much you can manifest yourself in me. Yeah, I can't be poisoned, and yeah, I'm lighter than I look, but, like, I can't go through walls, for one thing. I know- I've tried, many times that summer when it first happened," he added with a slight chuckle as he thought back to those days. "And moves... heh... Smog, Mean Look, Night Shade. That's literally it. And they drain the hell outta me. Hell, my Weezing tried teaching me Sludge Bomb last year- took me three changes of clothes and a few really bad headaches before I gave up. And don't even get me started on the one time I attempted a Z-Move, like, literally using it myself... Like... the world as I've experienced it, you should be able to experience it, too. After all the good you've been for me, you deserve it- over the years, we've made a good team, you and I. But... I don't mean I want to just relinquish control of myself, either," he added. "But surely there's another way?" he asked. "Like... if it's a question of me having to allow it, then... I could let you see and hear what I see and hear. Like, if this, this trapping you like this, if this has been subconsciously my doing, now that I know how bad you have it, I could try and, like, make it not suck, y'know?"
__________________
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #46
Zelphon
Caffeinated
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 2,788
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
@Blue
As you come to terms with your all too familiar predicament you once again regain your composure only to find your surroundings to be that of the swirling mists of the Fortune's Woods with little around to give you a sense of direction.

As you wonder what next to do your Pokedex briefly jolts back to life as it flies into the air, the screens flickering between orange and cyan blue only to immediately shut back down and fall to the ground. With a few more brief movements the device lets loose what can only be described as a...laughing bolt of electricity? Surprised by this sudden development you can only look on as the strange phenomenon zips, zags and zooms through the fog. before a giant burst of electricity roars off in the distance followed by the annoyed, labored groans of a pokemon at its location.

Looking first at you, then at your Pokedex, and then back at you, your Porygon starts to slowly hover off in the direction of the light show as the nearby fog almost seems to part for it, forming an ornate path of swirls, arches and....arrows...directing you to some kind of clearing in the distance?

What do you do?

---------
@Saiza

Heading through the portal you find your surroundings once again taking on a melty appearance as imagery of high-class nobles, growlith, Lilipup, and other such pokemon forming a cyclone around you before you are promptly thrust into a bright white light. Rubbing your eyes you look on in awe as the black shapes of a grand garden come into view.

Standing up, you notice your back was resting on a massive shrubbery wall, which seems to be connected to a large gateway of the same stuff.

Before long you see a group of nobles walk a pampered Debutene cut Furfrou down a nearby path towards a large purple and gold tent residing next to an even larger amphitheater decorated with dog paw shrubs and streamers.

Before long however you hear someone shouting from nearby "Oi, what are you doing on the flowers ya youngin!" "Go on, get! The show's that way!" the loud voice belonging to an old groundskeeper who is now making their way towards you with a tiny pair of shears and a leesh in their hands.

"and while you're at it, figure out who left their mutt running around the gardens, damn Growlith was munching on my babies," he says pointing the sheers at half-destroyed shrub you can only assume once held the shape of a dog treat.

Thrusting the leash into your hands the man walks off, leaving you with a disgruntled Growlith looking up at you expectantly, a small leafy branch still sticking out of its mouth.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:42 PM   #47
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
@Blue
As you come to terms with your all too familiar predicament you once again regain your composure only to find your surroundings to be that of the swirling mists of the Fortune's Woods with little around to give you a sense of direction.

As you wonder what next to do your Pokedex briefly jolts back to life as it flies into the air, the screens flickering between orange and cyan blue only to immediately shut back down and fall to the ground. With a few more brief movements the device lets loose what can only be described as a...laughing bolt of electricity? Surprised by this sudden development you can only look on as the strange phenomenon zips, zags and zooms through the fog. before a giant burst of electricity roars off in the distance followed by the annoyed, labored groans of a pokemon at its location.

Looking first at you, then at your Pokedex, and then back at you, your Porygon starts to slowly hover off in the direction of the light show as the nearby fog almost seems to part for it, forming an ornate path of swirls, arches and....arrows...directing you to some kind of clearing in the distance?

What do you do?
Elijah had no idea how to react when that electric-light-thing ejected itself from the device that he was holding and took Epoch along with it. Maybe it was shock, from the way that he immediately dropped his Pokédex on the ground when it started flashing blue and orange. What he did know was that something was wrong here.

It must've been something that was sent to him. First there was that weird message that he got at the beginning of the week, now... whatever this was... wasn't Epoch the only thing that could go inside of computers like that? Furthermore, wasn't this thing dead in the first place? Could've just been a prank or something, or it might have been a part of his annoyingly cryptic master plan.

"Okay, mister 'tuned-in,'" Elijah scolded as he picked his belongings back up. "If this is another one of your funny tricks, then I'm going to... uh..."

What was he going to do? Yell at Epoch? Fight something with his other Pokémon and lose because he's still mindlessly fumbling his way through being a trainer? Put his life at risk again? There really wasn't any option to back himself up, wasn't there? It was just him and this electric whatever that was pretty obviously just trying to ensnare him in some fifteen-thousand-volt trap or something, complete with a moan in the distance that sounded just as annoyed as he was.

"Fine, whatever. I'm probably going to regret this, but sure, why don't I follow the giant blinking arrows? I mean, it's not like it's gonna kill me or anything," Elijah groaned to himself sarcastically, strapping on his backpack and trudging in the direction of the clearing. At least it was better than moronically wasting away in the forest because he couldn't prepare to save his life.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #48
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
@Saiza

Heading through the portal you find your surroundings once again taking on a melty appearance as imagery of high-class nobles, growlith, Lilipup, and other such pokemon forming a cyclone around you before you are promptly thrust into a bright white light. Rubbing your eyes you look on in awe as the black shapes of a grand garden come into view.

Standing up, you notice your back was resting on a massive shrubbery wall, which seems to be connected to a large gateway of the same stuff.

Before long you see a group of nobles walk a pampered Debutene cut Furfrou down a nearby path towards a large purple and gold tent residing next to an even larger amphitheater decorated with dog paw shrubs and streamers.

Before long however you hear someone shouting from nearby "Oi, what are you doing on the flowers ya youngin!" "Go on, get! The show's that way!" the loud voice belonging to an old groundskeeper who is now making their way towards you with a tiny pair of shears and a leesh in their hands.

"and while you're at it, figure out who left their mutt running around the gardens, damn Growlith was munching on my babies," he says pointing the sheers at half-destroyed shrub you can only assume once held the shape of a dog treat.

Thrusting the leash into your hands the man walks off, leaving you with a disgruntled Growlith looking up at you expectantly, a small leafy branch still sticking out of its mouth.
Ary almost lost consciousness with due to all the spinning and swirling he was subjected to the moment he approached the strange portal. He held on, though barely. And then, he almost passed out again when things stopped spinning too, because somehow he was in a completely different place than before. Even the timeline felt strangely different! He couldn’t tell for certain, but he was preeetty sure most Trainers didn’t start their Pokemon Journeys quite like that…

He was in what appeared to be the gardens of a castle, elegantly trimmed shrubberies and topiaries all around him. Up ahead, people in costumes he had only ever seen in museums walked around with their high-maintenance Furfrou, and there seemed to be some sort of festival going on. That, too, canine-themed apparently. How out of place would he be with his regular clothes on, two mantises and an antlion for company?

Well, it turns out destiny had that covered as well.

Suddenly approached by an angry gardener with a funny accent he would only expect to hear in Galar, Ary was berated not only for leaning against the man’s job, in a way, but also for apparently not keeping an eye on the dog. Except, he didn’t have a dog.

“U-uh, sir, y’see…”

Before he could finish, the groundskeeper shoved a leash in his hand. On the opposite end of said leash was a very confused-looking Growlithe with leaves coming out of its mouth. It might just be the cutest thing Ary had ever seen, and he had a Trapinch.
Ary was about to ask the man what he was supposed to do with a Pokemon that didn’t belong to him, but by then he was long gone. Pretty limber for a man his age, that one. It left Ary with little choice: there was a dog festival going on, and he now kinda had a dog, so…

“Well, uh, nice to meet you! My name’s Ary. We should probably go ask around for your owner, right? They gotta be worried sick!”

It stood to reason that Growlithe belonged to someone. It wouldn’t have a collar and a leash otherwise. So before he could figure out where (and when) he was, he figured he might as well help the little one out. Excited at the prospect of embarking on his very first adventure, even if did start out in wildly unusual fashion, Ary walked ahead toward the festival grounds followed by the pup, determined to discover what had happened to it and where its owner was.
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:25 PM   #49
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 190
Slash:

Determined to get back your Fishing Rod from the jaws of that giant Seaking, and hoping to still catch something by the end of the day, you take David up on his offer and prepare to jump into the depths of the lake. Your party has been chosen, and you have David’s Pokemon to ensure you don’t run out of air bubbles to make the trip. You hold on to your Cloyster while Dewpider blows a bubble in your direction; it grows steadily and surrounds your head until it stays in place, like a custom-made diving helment. With a last thumbs up from David, you finally Dive into the Lake of Moon holding on to Cloyster, with Dewpider following behind. And if bad comes to worse, David’s spider can also provide air bubbles for your remaining, less water-attuned companions.

The first part of your descent is actually pretty uneventful, although you can’t help but notice you can’t see the bottom no matter how farther down Cloyster takes you. The water is clear, and despite the rumors, you are yet to see a single denizen of the lake in person – crucially, no sign of that damned Seaking or your Rod anywhere. Before long, you’re deep enough that light from the surface begins to dwindle, and you realize you’re probably going to have to find your own source of light sooner or later. Before you do, though, a strange change in the underwater tides makes itself felt, as if something… large is moving about in your direction.

Sure enough, you soon find yourself surrounded by a school of Barraskewda! And not ordinary specimens, either… just like the Seaking from earlier, these are massively oversized, upwards of ten in number from what you can tell, and for some odd reason, they all seem to have an ominous, red-ish glow in their eyes… Weighing your options, and taking Barraskewda’s well-known speed into account, it quickly dawns on you that an escape will be almost impossible, leaving you with no choice but to engage. The problem is, this isn’t going to be a simple, polite one-on-one or even double battle like most Trainers are used to… You’re going to have to whittle down the school of hungry fish little by little, until they decide to disperse!

Ten very large, very hungry and very unfriendly-looking Barraskewda have you surrounded… What are you going to do?



grassyglide:

The task placed upon your shoulders is no small one, especially for someone who wound up in the middle of this mess mostly by chance. Or was it chance? These are Fortune’s Woods after all… Clearly, the Kirlia trust you enough to ask all this of you – although they are known to be especially attuned to human feelings, so it’s not like they’re taking much of a gamble by betting on you to help. Whether Eevee will prove as helpful is another matter entirely…

The shrine has been brought mostly to ruin, even if its mystical aura could not be shattered. Still, wood could, and was, and that is why you’re here still – to help rebuild what was defiled and broken. For that, according to the twins, you will need sacred wood, which despite sounding quite solemn, is also quite foreign to you. Fortunately, not for Eevee it seems, at least judging by the way it immediately springs to action at the mention of said item. The fox yelps and stiffens its body, tail standing upright, the quadruped version of what you assume a cadet would look like upon taking orders from his drill sergeant. Then, it closes its briefly as if trying to sense something, in what is definitely a rare – if brief - display of calmness from the hairy bundle of energy. Then, more in character, it darts ahead without warning, disappearing into a nearby bush, vanishing from sight.

“It beckons you follow. Our gratitude once more for you aid, human. Know that it shall not go unrewarded.”

The Kirlia twins bow their heads simultaneously. You return the gesture before making haste after Eevee, Wisewoods flying close by, before you lose track of it for good. And lose it you do, not long after, when much to your dismay you realize the fox is nowhere to be found and wasn’t even heavy enough to leave prints! It takes Wisewoods gaining some elevation to finally spot Eevee up ahead, ad guided by the Rowlet, you finally catch up to it. By now, the shrine is far behind you, and you’re not even sure you could retrace your steps back to it if you wanted.

You reach the clearing Wisewoods lead you to. Eevee is indeed standing there, but strangely immobile, and you sense apprehension from it. It looks around rather frantically, as if scared or confused. Looking ahead, you realize why. There is only one path forward, an opening on the other side of the clearing leading deeper into the forest. However, it is blocked by something very unusual: a whirlwind of colored leaves, spinning around in midair in a mesmerizing dance. As soon as you take a couple of step forwards, toward the path, the leaves fly in your direction, threatening to slice you up, before flying across the air and gathering again on the same spot, resuming their airborne dance. It looks even stranger on closer inspection: the whirlwind is formed not only by green and red leaves, but also small pink petals and, strangest of all, tiny snowflakes as well…

It seems you will have to find a way through. If this is a barrier created by Kirlias’ servants, perhaps guessing who they are and calling out to them and explaining your cause would allow you to pass? Or perhaps you’d prefer a more… practical approach?
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:29 AM   #50
Slash
Silver LO
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,760
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiza View Post
Slash:

Determined to get back your Fishing Rod from the jaws of that giant Seaking, and hoping to still catch something by the end of the day, you take David up on his offer and prepare to jump into the depths of the lake. Your party has been chosen, and you have David’s Pokemon to ensure you don’t run out of air bubbles to make the trip. You hold on to your Cloyster while Dewpider blows a bubble in your direction; it grows steadily and surrounds your head until it stays in place, like a custom-made diving helment. With a last thumbs up from David, you finally Dive into the Lake of Moon holding on to Cloyster, with Dewpider following behind. And if bad comes to worse, David’s spider can also provide air bubbles for your remaining, less water-attuned companions.

The first part of your descent is actually pretty uneventful, although you can’t help but notice you can’t see the bottom no matter how farther down Cloyster takes you. The water is clear, and despite the rumors, you are yet to see a single denizen of the lake in person – crucially, no sign of that damned Seaking or your Rod anywhere. Before long, you’re deep enough that light from the surface begins to dwindle, and you realize you’re probably going to have to find your own source of light sooner or later. Before you do, though, a strange change in the underwater tides makes itself felt, as if something… large is moving about in your direction.

Sure enough, you soon find yourself surrounded by a school of Barraskewda! And not ordinary specimens, either… just like the Seaking from earlier, these are massively oversized, upwards of ten in number from what you can tell, and for some odd reason, they all seem to have an ominous, red-ish glow in their eyes… Weighing your options, and taking Barraskewda’s well-known speed into account, it quickly dawns on you that an escape will be almost impossible, leaving you with no choice but to engage. The problem is, this isn’t going to be a simple, polite one-on-one or even double battle like most Trainers are used to… You’re going to have to whittle down the school of hungry fish little by little, until they decide to disperse!

Ten very large, very hungry and very unfriendly-looking Barraskewda have you surrounded… What are you going to do?
Member Post

"This would appear to be an 'All hands on deck' situation. Listen, everyone. If what I am about to do doesn't work, and they still rush us, this is what I want you all to do." Darik hoped he could prevent a fight from breaking out, but he had to prepare for the worst. He started assigning his contingency orders as he dug into his back's confection pocket.

"Falcyn, on point. Use your frightening presence to disrupt them. Snarl around twice." He should be able to keep a good chunk of them off their game. Ravyn, on the other hand, was a much more offensive breed, Entry would be best served attacking. "Ravyn, bloodbath time. Start with a Howl to psych everyone up. Follow with two Zippy Zaps. Try to fell as many weakened ones as you can." Falcyn softens them up and pins them down, buying time and dealing damage with his Intimidating presence, and Ravyn cleans up with her Moxie. This was their go-to combo even back during his Grunt days. There was a tad more water than the pair were used to, to be sure, but they were at least fairly used to semi-aquatic combat.

"Casper, stay on my shoulder here. I want you to use a Focus Energy to hone your aim, then fire off an Electroweb. Try to snare the strongest looking one and temporarily remove them from the fight." His Sniper's eye would be well suited to this, pinpointing when and where to shoot for the best result. If that worked, not only would a major threat be removed from the fight for a moment, but if the school's toughest fish, maybe even their leader, was taken down a notch, it could be perfect advantage to spook them off. He may even gain the respect of that fish if he got the better of them, so he wouldn't have to knock them all around too hard. "Cloyster, you're the support. Erect a Barrier to keep me and Casper safe with you in the middle here. Be ready to use a Life Dew, or even two, if anyone takes serious hits. Stay mobile."

This left the duo he had come to train in the first place. Their ability to fight as a team has been shown, and now more than ever, it was important for them to build upon that. "Atem, Kiyo, you have rear guard position. Atem, use Telekinesis three times on Barraskewda on your side. Try to immobilize and crowd control the ones on your side. Try to position them with your psychic control to block others' movement. Kiyo, follow up with Strength, slamming each of them Atem targets with your lumber. Try to hit a home run." Kiyo's natural athleticism should make him the most mobile of Darik's Pokémon in the water on hand, save Cloyster, even with his Mightyena pair being fairly used to water. Atem's antics would probably paint a target on his back, or rather, his face, but that was useful, as well. He was pretty heavily defensive, and his "drawing aggro", as they would say, would help his Mummy ability come into play, slowing or distorting the aim of their foes.

He also turned to David's Dewpider. It was there to help, though participating in combat wasn't explicitly something Dave had instructed it to do. It may help, but it's also possible it may not. "If you are willing, Dewpider," he spoke to it softly, "I'd appreciate some assistance from you as well. Just as a precaution, if our defensive line gets broken, could you please use a Water Gun or something with similar force, just for the propulsion to push us out of the way? I won't ask you to engage directly, just help covering us."

Still, despite the strategy he had formed, he was hoping a fight wouldn't be necessary. Having found what he was looking for, he pulled out and tossed out treats for the wild Barraskewda. He had a dozen assorted PokéBlocks in his bag, and he tossed them all out in various directions. Maybe the wild Pokémon would decide those were an easier meal and go after them instead. Maybe a few good knocks from his Pokémon would make them decide his group was more trouble than they were worth as a meal. Maybe, just maybe, he could even form some kind of allyship bond with them, and they could help them locate the Seaking.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.