UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2024, 08:07 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master-

Recalling your rocky steed, you and your Trevenant started to run off towards the fjord. The grasses recede in both size and abundance, and they soon start to become more tundra-like. Here you could see the ground start to rise higher and higher. These hills were most certainly going to prove a problem. And of course, there was always the risk of going over a hill and meeting a very deep drop into the river.

You look at the hoofprints once again. They were a lot fresher, most certainly from that equine beauty you had seen. Yet, they also looked familiar. Was this really Spectrier? It had to be. Most equine Pokemon had the same type of hoofprint. And that majesty you observed. It had to be the spectral steed you'd call your home.

So, you and your Trevenant started to follow the tracks. You can see it stop at small brushes and vegetation. A small bite, before the foliage was spat back out. Quite the picky eater, wasn't it? Well, it was most assuredly looking for its favorite food. Shaderoot Carrots. Yet, none of these matched the root vegetable. You knew of its existence here, so it most assuredly was trying to find the carrots. Perhaps beating it to the punch would allow you to befriend it more easily? However, there was always the risk of losing it again. Even if it was ahead of you now, you had its fresh tracks. And the hilly landscape would most assuredly slow it down.

What do you do?
Rhyperior was getting a little worn down from the trek, but Maribel and Trevenant were raring to go. Though as the terrain ahead got more and more hilly, Maribel had to admit, it was only a matter of time before she ended up worn out just like Rhyperior. But addressing that potential issue would come just a bit later. In the meantime, they followed the tracks. Hoofprints- nothing especially distinctive, as hoofprints go, but then, Maribel hadn't really expected there to be anything in that regard. They looked fresher than the ones from before. They looked familiar, but like, her dad had a Normal Form Rapidash. It wasn't as though she'd never seen hoofprints before, and she was fairly certain as it was that Spectrier's would not be terribly different. Of course, this carried the inherent risk of following the wrong footsteps entirely, but that was the risk she knew she was taking from the start. And even then... she knew, she just fucking knew, that she had seen Spectrier not that long ago.

Maribel noticed that the tracks seemed to stop at small brushes, signs of vegetation, all of which had bites taken out, and said bites spat out nearby. "Spectrier is hungry," Maribel murmured. "...it must be looking for Shaderoot Carrots," she realized. "I wish Mom had been able to get some recently, I'd have taken one from home," she sighed.

"Oh, that would've been good," agreed Trevenant. "I love when she's able to get Shaderoot Carrots and cook with them. That's always so delicious."

"Right?" grinned Maribel. Indeed, Willa Masters was able to sometimes get ahold of Shaderoot Carrots, and while she wasn't overly passionate about them, they were beloved by her husband and daughter, and so became a staple of her cooking whenever possible. "But yeah- I've read up on Spectrier, and Shaderoot Carrots are its absolute favorite. So we gotta try and find like a cemetery or something- Shaderoot Carrots grow when carrot seeds are planted near where the dead are laid to rest. If we find the Shaderoot Carrots, we find Spectrier. And better yet- if we find and pick some Shaderoot Carrots before Spectrier can find them, we can give them to it."

"Good thinking," nodded Trevenant. "But navigating these hills is gonna be a challenge, much less trying to outpace Spectrier. You said it's supposed to be real fast, right?"

"True," agreed Maribel. As she spoke, she took out a Luxury Ball and threw it. "Come out- Salamence!" she declared, sending out her faithful first partner. At once, Maribel and Trevenant both got on Salamence's back at once. "Let's ride, Salamence," said Maribel. "These hills will be much easier to search for Spectrier or any sign of Shaderoot Carrots from above." Salamence gave a nod and an affirming growl. "All right- off we go!" Maribel stated, once she and Trevenant were securely in place and holding on tightly. And spreading his mighty wings, Salamence took off, with Maribel and Trevenant intent on scouring the landscape below.
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:19 PM   #27
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
blu3shift-

You panicked as the Munchlax headed towards you. With its hungry maw agape, eyes fixated on the new presence. Your phone soon warned you that it would be best to just feed it. These Pokemon were almost always hungry. Or sleeping. Eat. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. That was the daily cycle, after all. The things you were guaranteed to do until your very last breath. And some creatures decided that would be their only thing in life. Such a simple, blissful life.

So, scrambling through your bag, you procured a Sitrus Berry. Filled with nutritional value, these berries easily healed Pokemon in need. So, you try and throw it into the Munchlax's mouth. Try you did, and you watch the berry soar. Before it bounced next to the Munchlax. It bruised slightly, but the normal type went over and picked it up. Giving the berry a sniff, the creature unhinged its jaw. And ate it in one giant bite. At least it wasn't eating like a snake.

The Munchlax then looked at you and looked at your bag. With an excited 'Munchlax', it runs up and snatches the bag. You could only watch in terror as the Munchlax started to rummage through your belongings, it tossed whatever wasn't edible aside. You see a moment of weakness as it takes your other Sitrus Berry... and eats it. You needed to find out a way to stop this little glutton before it ate everything you owned!

What do you do?
Elijah gasped. His solution didn't just not work, it failed miserably, the Munchlax having made off with his entire berry bag (and meager food supply!) without a second thought. He considered just leaving it and getting a replacement, but he still needed to eat something.

"W-wait, don't take that! That's all the food I have!" He called at the Munchlax, hoping to somehow coax it to give the bag back to him.

Ion immediately turned to Elijah with an incredulous expression. "...Seriously? All the food you have? Do... do you even have camping supplies or whatever on you?"

"...No?"

"Dude. You are not gonna survive like this."

Elijah frantically pointed to the Munchlax, who was currently digging through the last of his berry reserves. "I-I'm not going to survive if I don't get my food back!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Lemme just..."

Elijah's eyes widened in even more panic as he realized what Ion was about to do. "No, don't, it's just trying to eat—"

Too late. Ion jumped from the phone yet again to Thunder Wave the Munchlax, rings of electricity rippling through the air as he attempted to deliver a jolt to the bottomless pit of a Pokémon, hoping that it hadn't gotten to the Cheri Berry yet. He returned to the phone before anything else could happen—minus freaking Elijah out, of course.

"Okay, look, all I did was paralyze it. See? No hurting here." Ion pre-empted his trainer, noting how predictable he was. Elijah said nothing, but frowned anyway, clearly worried about the safety of everyone in the clearing.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:37 AM   #28
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Agate Grasslands:
These Grasslands earned their name from the mesmerizing colors of flowers that grow upon their windswept hills, there are even rumors that graciedas once bloomed here, but no one has been able to find them in over a century. Please reply in Chartreuse.
It was a new day, and a new day brought about a new adventure. And what was an adventure? Not something Karmas had done in in a very very long time.

"Next time, remind me to wait for Banane to come home before I try to do this again," huffed the trainer as he walked towards the Agate Grasslands.

The hirsute, stocky man brushed back his blond hair with annoyance, the purple tinted strands having escaped from its ponytail. Karmas didn’t think that it had been that long since he had adventured, but the sheer amount of effort that it taken him to get this far was a stark reminder that it had been… a lot longer than he had thought. His clothes probably didn’t help either, Karmas had just grabbed the first thing out of his closet which had been jeans and a black Dark typed themed shirt. Those clothes were great for flying over to see his parents, or ducking down to get some groceries, not so much for actually moving about.

Running around his feet excitedly, ignorant to Karmas’ struggles, was Verdant, the Oddish excited about getting to see flowers. Ever since Karmas had first met the little grass type, Verdant had been very different to every other Oddish he had meant, almost theatrical with his every movement. Before coming out, Karmas had discussed with his team where he was planning on going, and Verdant had been most insistent that he come along, and Voila! Here they were.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Karmas
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:19 PM   #29
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Long before this park became protected by the Fizzytopian Government, rumors ran rampant about this zone housing treasures from all over the world, bringing numerous treasure hunters through out the years that left, making fortunes off of precious stones found from within the different parts of the zone, but seem content to leave the zone be.

Fogbound Lake:
Named due to the constant fog rolling out from the center of the lake, many have tried to cross to solve the mystery but appear within the Quarry without the faintest inkling of how they wound up there in the first place. Please reply in Lavender



Fogbound Lake, a place that had piqued Bill's interest since he had first heard about it. The rumors that he heard were similar to that of the Ocean of Mystery when he first entered the land of Fizzytopia. Because of the same energies, Bill thought it best that he try to conquer this area next, however he decided to take a different approach. Rather than go after it from the top on a boat, he would try to dive into the water itself and cross the lake that way.

After reaching the lake shore itself, he checked over his supplies, specifically the SCUBA gear that he uses normally for deep sea adventures. After making sure his equipment was still in good shape he pulls out a Cherish Ball. "Swift, come on out!"

The ball opened up in a flash to reveal a purple shelled fish-like Pokemon. "Finn!" the Finneon cried out before splashing around a bit in the lake's edge, almost like it was stretching out some muscles.

"Alright, Swift, we're gonna start exploring this lake. I brought a few other Water Pokemon with me to help train them, but I want you around to make sure that I have backup in case something scary powerful lives in there any they're too weak to fight it."

The Finneon gives a gesture similar to a salute. Bill and Swift have had a strained relationship in the past but Bill knew that Swift would be responsible and help when needed. Bill finishes putting on any remaining Scuba gear before walking into the water. "Alright buddy, let's do this. Let's solve the mystery of Fogbound Lake."

Bill fits the mask over his face before gesturing to Swift to use Dive.
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:44 PM   #30
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone
 
Electric Blue Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 773
Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

Jess, cautiously you knock on the door at first only for the door to lightly sway open before your fist meets the mahogany door, you turn to your compatriots when you realize that there was no one behind the door that had opened it for you, though as you go and grasp the knob you soon notice that the latch was completely intact so you wonder who might have just let you in…

Of course, you excuse yourself, calling out, ‘Hello?’ letting them know of the invitation that you had been given, as to sort of excuse the reason of your being there.

But as there was no answer right away you pass through the doorway and the door behind you closes shut once everyone is inside. That may have just been the gust of wind, though you couldn’t be sure, it’s not like you felt wind pass you by.

The Detective begins to survey the entrance of the house, though it was quite old, it was nicely modeled and was in fact not unkept as perhaps originally thought, he takes out a magnifying glass and announces to you to take a look, not but even a speck of dust, which meant that there was somebody living here, at least till recently that had been attending to the upkeep.

You press on, noticing that the most of the vicinity was nicely lit, though it was illegal to go through peoples mail, you notice a small stack of them on a small table to the left, at least perhaps to get an idea of who the residents could be you find a magazine, it’s a traveler’s guide and on the cover is the very mansion sized villa you found yourself in, you flip the pages and it details the place as a bed and breakfast with the following amenities: tennis court, pool, spa and massage but as the article reads the most surprising or probably alluring thing about the place was-

“May we help you!?”

The voice behind causes you to jump as your fellow Pokémon and you turn to the meet the man with a very deep voice, before you answer, he asks again, “May we help you?!” He was a bit older, with long well-kept white hair, round shaped spectacles on his aging face, he had his hands behind his back but was in a butler’s attire suit, tie and matching black dress shoes.

Of course you scrabble and babble a response before your Spoink nudges you to bring out the letter you received.

The man you now see before you, shakes his head misconstruing your attempt to reach your bag for a wallet. “Please miss, do you happen to have a reservation?” Then unsure of your response he tells you, “Please follow me.” Of course you do as you are told and lead to an adjacent side of the hall which lead to the receptionists area, there behind a large desk is a women in professional clothes, “Hi Sebastian, is that our last guest?” She’s somewhat bubbly.

“Same to you Cassandra, I suppose it might be, can you please look her up, what was your name again miss?” You present your trainer card and they quickly look it up on their directory, “Ah yes, room 14. You’re all set.”

Of course you begin to question who could’ve possibly made the arrangements however… “If you have anything on you that you’d like sent up to your room allow me to take it for you, as it is nearly dinner time, if you don’t happen to have any appropriate gourmets, we can perhaps see if we can lend you something to wear for the evening, as you see the host likes everyone to come in their best attire for these sorts of events.”
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 08:54 PM   #31
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,739
CyberBlastoise: With your SCUBA gear in check and a salute from Swift, you gesture towards the Finneon to dive. With a flourish, Swift disappears beneath the surface, and you quickly follow suit. Your head goes underwater and the fog that blankets the lake only somewhat disappears. What you can see looks beautiful, the sea life underneath you going about their day with no regard to the man swimming in their home. Schools of Wishiwashi swim over Corsola sleeping on coral beds. Finneon and Goldeen dart about, teasing Chewtle and Tentacool. However what is not beautiful is the fog still rolling off the island.

The fog has managed to penetrate the water surrounding it, creating a dense murkiness ahead of you, almost a wall of fog. You swim forwards towards the fog, intent on making the trip under rather than over. The swim starts off quite uneventful, save a couple of Finneon lazily checking out their interesting looking brethren. However as you get closer, something starts to feel off. As you get closer to the wall of fog, the area around you seems to darken, almost like it is blocking off any light from getting into the lake.

And then the sounds begin, which in of itself is a worry as you are underwater. Loud booms, followed by a horrific shrieking noise. Then there is movement. The wall of fog immediately in front of you shifts slightly, you can just see the faintest of silhouette’s behind it, not enough to see what the shape is, but just enough that you know that something is there.

What will you do?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Karmas
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:25 PM   #32
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
CyberBlastoise: With your SCUBA gear in check and a salute from Swift, you gesture towards the Finneon to dive. With a flourish, Swift disappears beneath the surface, and you quickly follow suit. Your head goes underwater and the fog that blankets the lake only somewhat disappears. What you can see looks beautiful, the sea life underneath you going about their day with no regard to the man swimming in their home. Schools of Wishiwashi swim over Corsola sleeping on coral beds. Finneon and Goldeen dart about, teasing Chewtle and Tentacool. However what is not beautiful is the fog still rolling off the island.

The fog has managed to penetrate the water surrounding it, creating a dense murkiness ahead of you, almost a wall of fog. You swim forwards towards the fog, intent on making the trip under rather than over. The swim starts off quite uneventful, save a couple of Finneon lazily checking out their interesting looking brethren. However as you get closer, something starts to feel off. As you get closer to the wall of fog, the area around you seems to darken, almost like it is blocking off any light from getting into the lake.

And then the sounds begin, which in of itself is a worry as you are underwater. Loud booms, followed by a horrific shrieking noise. Then there is movement. The wall of fog immediately in front of you shifts slightly, you can just see the faintest of silhouette’s behind it, not enough to see what the shape is, but just enough that you know that something is there.

What will you do?

Bill sighed at the appearance of the murkiness in the lake's water. He was not surprised that it would not be as easy as he had hoped but still it was disappointing to actually see that his worries brought fruit.

'Well nowhere to go but forward' he thought to himself. Even though he was disappointed he still preferred this over using a boat since he had more control over his movements underwater. He motioned for Swift that the two were going to go deeper, however, he ran into a new snag. The further into the murkiness he went, the darker it was becoming. Then he saw a faint shadow in front of him. He could not make out its shape or size but he was certain something solid was in front of him.

Bill pulled out a Pokeball and threw it out. The flash illuminated in front of him as he sent out Diana, his Finizen. He signals Swift to be on standby before making gestures to Diana to "Use Water Gun" "Clear the Obstacle", or in other words to have its attack open a hole in the underwater cloud so that maybe some light can reach and see what it is.
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:46 PM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for light
Posts: 6,469
Lil' Bluey Seen this played out in my dream, it doesn't matter. Time for givin' up the ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

Jess, cautiously you knock on the door at first only for the door to lightly sway open before your fist meets the mahogany door, you turn to your compatriots when you realize that there was no one behind the door that had opened it for you, though as you go and grasp the knob you soon notice that the latch was completely intact so you wonder who might have just let you in…

Of course, you excuse yourself, calling out, ‘Hello?’ letting them know of the invitation that you had been given, as to sort of excuse the reason of your being there.

But as there was no answer right away you pass through the doorway and the door behind you closes shut once everyone is inside. That may have just been the gust of wind, though you couldn’t be sure, it’s not like you felt wind pass you by.

The Detective begins to survey the entrance of the house, though it was quite old, it was nicely modeled and was in fact not unkept as perhaps originally thought, he takes out a magnifying glass and announces to you to take a look, not but even a speck of dust, which meant that there was somebody living here, at least till recently that had been attending to the upkeep.

You press on, noticing that the most of the vicinity was nicely lit, though it was illegal to go through peoples mail, you notice a small stack of them on a small table to the left, at least perhaps to get an idea of who the residents could be you find a magazine, it’s a traveler’s guide and on the cover is the very mansion sized villa you found yourself in, you flip the pages and it details the place as a bed and breakfast with the following amenities: tennis court, pool, spa and massage but as the article reads the most surprising or probably alluring thing about the place was-

“May we help you!?”

The voice behind causes you to jump as your fellow Pokémon and you turn to the meet the man with a very deep voice, before you answer, he asks again, “May we help you?!” He was a bit older, with long well-kept white hair, round shaped spectacles on his aging face, he had his hands behind his back but was in a butler’s attire suit, tie and matching black dress shoes.

Of course you scrabble and babble a response before your Spoink nudges you to bring out the letter you received.

The man you now see before you, shakes his head misconstruing your attempt to reach your bag for a wallet. “Please miss, do you happen to have a reservation?” Then unsure of your response he tells you, “Please follow me.” Of course you do as you are told and lead to an adjacent side of the hall which lead to the receptionists area, there behind a large desk is a women in professional clothes, “Hi Sebastian, is that our last guest?” She’s somewhat bubbly.

“Same to you Cassandra, I suppose it might be, can you please look her up, what was your name again miss?” You present your trainer card and they quickly look it up on their directory, “Ah yes, room 14. You’re all set.”

Of course you begin to question who could’ve possibly made the arrangements however… “If you have anything on you that you’d like sent up to your room allow me to take it for you, as it is nearly dinner time, if you don’t happen to have any appropriate gourmets, we can perhaps see if we can lend you something to wear for the evening, as you see the host likes everyone to come in their best attire for these sorts of events.”
Before Jess's knuckles could even make contact to knock on majestic mahogany hardwood, the door seemed to swing slightly ajar of its own accord. (Locke admittedly looking a little disappointed to not utilize his unique talents to jimmy their way in.) Testing the knob, nothing felt amiss with the handle's mechanism, so perhaps it was simply due to the draft... Creaking open cautiously further, the party peered about as they stepped inside, and Jess called out to see if anyone had in fact let the latch loose - but there was no response other than the entry slamming shut behind them, startling the group as the Spoink squeaked and leapt up into his trainer's arms. Jess swallowed as she strove to soothe the petrified piglet, reasoning it was likely just another wayward gust of wind... Right?

As they collectively calmed down, Detective Gumpy whipped out a magnifying glass to take a closer look at their surroundings, pointing out there was not a speck of dust to be seen in the spotless interior. Someone was clearly maintaining the manor from within, as recently as their arrival - almost as if expecting company. Confused by the foyer's clean contrast from outside, they began investigating for further clues, coming across a cluster of unopened mail on the counter of a table nearby. Despite having already technically trespassed on private property (if not quite considered breaking and entering), Jess was hesitant to complicitly commit any more crimes by going through another's correspondence without permission. Thus she staved curiosity by simply sifting through the stack of letters without actually splitting any seals, in search of any return addresses that looked interesting at least.

A loose leaflet stood out from the pile, and she picked up the pamphlet to find a tourism guide detailing all the deluxe comforts of a popular B&B, the building on the cover closely resembling the cliffside villa they were currently located at - if visually much brighter and in better shape. The facility boasted many amenities, featuring such fancy conveniences including a tennis court, pool, spa and massage services, so on and so forth. But before she could finish reading the line containing the most surprisingly appealing attraction, she was suddenly cut off by a deep voice booming behind her:

“May we help you!?”

Jess jumped and spun around, coming face to face with a distinguished elderly man, dressed in a neatly pressed dark suit and matching black shoes, offsetting hoary but orderly kept hair. As she flailed and prevaricated in panic to replace the flyer to its proper position, the aged butler merely adjusted glasses at her antics while keeping one arm politely behind his back, loudly repeating the question:

“May we help you?!”

While she struggled to stammer out a reply, Pickle poked his trainer (still cradled in close proximity) to present the mysterious invitation they received, included in the trunk of documents delivered to their doorstep. Upon shakily reaching for her bag to retrieve the parchment in order to show as some kind of proof of purpose for being there (albeit no excuse for barging in unannounced), the man shook his head, seemingly mistaking the movement for money payment instead as he bid her follow to check in for a "reservation". Dumbly, she did as told and was led to the reception desk, where a smiling woman called Cassandra asked for her name. Handing over her Trainer ID card to the expectant attendant, she was shocked when Cassandra confirmed her designation on the directory list, as Sebastian the bellhop bowed, ready to escort their "last guest" for the evening up to her room, also offering to carry up any additional luggage as well.

"I, uh, didn't bring anything else with me, so..."

Jess mumbled meekly in a daze, still not sure what to make of the situation - and the prim pair eyed her ensemble up and down, sensing she hadn't prepped any change of clothes aside from the casual hoodie and jeans she was wearing at the moment.

"...If you don’t happen to have any appropriate garments, we can perhaps see if we can lend you something to wear for the evening, as you see the host likes everyone to come in their best attire for these sorts of events."

Sebastian suggested, stifling any disdainful doubt for such a disheveled customer's appearance behind stiff upper lip. Meanwhile, a memory pricked in the back of Jess's brain - of being whisked away by horsedrawn carriage to a costumed masquerade ball at the Haunted Mansion - a place and time so far away the only trace of it existed now in the far reaches of her mind, with no records remaining after magically vanishing at the stroke of midnight. While she had previously been provided with wings of a demon to don for the dance at devil's hour, she never did get to fully spread them on display - so perhaps this was her chance to formally fulfill the dream-like fantasy at last, by attending such a similar soiréee in full formalwear.

She consulted the rest of her crew, who seemed suspicious still but likewise intrigued by the prospect of a sophisticated supper party, where they could mingle with rich socialities to mine information (if not directly for gold, as Locke eagerly rubbed his keys in anticipation of so many silver spoon-lined pockets, perfectly prime for picking). Besides, Gumpy and his hungry apprentice agreed: A gentleman never turns down an invite for dinner (despite having just ate a late lunch not long ago). Turning back to the two employees, Jess nodded sheepishly to accept the proposal.

"Y- yes please, if you would be so kind, I'd appreciate it... Sorry for not coming more prepared..."

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-30-2024 at 08:15 PM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:58 PM   #34
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,739
CyberBlastoise: Diana materialised in the water in front of you, and with a quick gesture she knew her task. Aiming up, the Finizen opens her mouth, the water around her rippling as the water gun bursts out of her mouth. You can’t exactly see the attack, with it being water in water, but with delight you can see that the wall of fog in front of you is affected by the attack. The fog ripples, and slowly a hole begins to open in the fog, and a ray of sun peaks down, a single beam of light in the darkness in front. However, whatever is lying beyond the fog is not pleased with the daylight.

The noises beyond the fog start again, the creature thrashing about. The silhouette of the creature burst forward, emerging from the fog. Unfortunately, you aren’t able to actually see what the pokemon is, as it slams right into you. You shoot backwards, and before Diana or Swift can even more, they are whipped by a nondescript tail. And then there is a blinding light, followed by a mighty roar.

Then you black out.

“You alright there partner?”

You jerk awake, roused by the sound of a woman’s voice, hints of a twang coming through. The ground beneath you is soft, a quick feel with your hands confirms that its sand. You turn towards the source of the voice, a woman who appeared to be in her forties donned in a threadbare scuba suit. And that’s when you notice where you are. A beach of all places, but a gloomy looking beach, a heavy fog blanketing the area and an inexplicable blow up pool.

“Looks like you also found yourself washing up here on the beach,” the lady says walking over to you. “And before you get all huffy and puffy, two pokemon washed up along side you.” She motions towards the pool. “I put them in the pool for ya.”

She reaches down and offers her hand to you, “The name’s Aubrey.”

What will you do?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Karmas
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 04:18 PM   #35
Lil'twick
Insanity
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fizzy Bubbles
Posts: 5,779
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick 'Cause I'm always tugging at your sleeve

Missingno. Master-

Quick on your feet, you send out your Salamence. The Hoenn dragon stretches its wings on release. It looks at both you, and your Trevenant, and nods. Soon enough, there were scales beneath your skin and the skies beneath your feet. This was going to be a much easier way to traverse the fjord than by foot. Especially as you notice the sheer cliffs just over the hills. That wouldn't be a pleasurable drop.

You scan around the hillside, looking for your mark. Well, it or its favorite food. Shaderoot Carrots often grew around graveyards, yet you weren't finding anything of the sort here. This was a natural paradise through and through. No sign of cobblestone tombstones or even wooden markers. The only chance you'd have would potentially be where the native Pokemon went to pass.

On the other hand, you notice activity in the hills below. Gogoats and Skiddos happily climb the mountainous terrain. Signs of various dragon Pokemon and their dens. Rufflets flying in the skies as well, doing their best to avoid you and your Salamence. So many rare and beautiful Pokemon here, but none of them quite match your equine desire.

However, before you could survey the surroundings you hear a loud roar. A familiar roar. That of a Salamence. You watch as one bolts out from one of the upper caves and comes face to face with your Pokemon. It was larger for sure, seemingly growing healthily from the abundant resources around. From the stature of it... it looked to be akin to an Alpha from the old Hisui region. It then roared at you and your Salamence. This was most likely its territory, and you could tell it was challenging your Salamence to a match.

What do you do?


blu3shift-

You watch in terror as the Munchlax decimates your food supply. You plead with it, desperate. If the little glutton didn't stop, then you'd have almost nothing left! And in your panic, you see Ion act on its own once again. The Rotom emits a quick thunder wave, zapping the Munchlax with paralysis. Or... it would've, if not for the berry it was currently eating. The very same Cheri Berry you were worried it would be eating.

The Munchlax lets out a very angry 'LAX!'. At this point, the rest of the Pokemon in the clearing around you was watching. The bratty baby then huffed and puffed, looking at you with berserker tears. It got up, huffed, and started charging up. It then flew forward, ready to tackle you to the ground. However, before it could, you hear it bounce off of something. You look down and see the Venipede standing before you, green dissipating off of its body.

You hear Ion tell you that it used Protect, and the Venipede looks at you with a concerned gaze. It wanted to protect you, literally. The Munchlax continued to let out angry growls, but at this point was more focused on your Venipede. Well, there was only one thing you could do now. Command the Venipede and chase off this baby bully!

You have temporarily gained a Lv. 12 Male Venipede as an ally.

What are your orders?
__________________


I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 02:46 AM   #36
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone
 
Electric Blue Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 773
Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

You get ushered into a large room that stands as a walk in closet, “Go on and pick anything you want, don’t worry about the clean-up fee, we’ll also take care of your clothes for you and you’ll find them washed, dried and waiting for you in your room.”

Left alone with your Pokémon, the man leaves and closes the door behind him as the rest of you look at the rolls upon rolls of closet space, a lot of the clothes you see is what you’d expect one to be wearing at a grand ball room, you notice right away that many of the options you had there were bunch of different types of Pokémon inspired dresses with matching shoes, accessories and masks available for you to wear.

The first one that catches your attention is of a large ball gown with a sparkling diamond studded pattern around the edges of the dress with white frills, it looked like it came from a princess living in the deep ocean blue in the more arctic tundra somewhere, the second one was of a pink coral dress with white bubbles, really they were just polka dots that gave it that impression, each of them came with a corresponding matching mask, a Piplup one for the first and a Corsola mask with the second, of course these were just two of many choices presented before you, perhaps there was another kind you wished to put on.

(Feel free to describe or make up your own kind of Pokémon inspired get up.)

You finish by looking at yourself in the mirror and your Pokémon all awe at the choice you had made for yourself.

Outside the butler presents a tray to put the clothes you were wearing on and once again the butler guides you down an array of halls before halting to a room he then presented to you as a small like Boutique Salon. There you see a number of women at the ready, in which they were eagerly there awaiting your arrival in order to help you create a lavish hair style to go along with your dress of choice and put make up on you, if you so decide. You were treated and pampered by the group of women, as they helped trim your nails and finish getting you ready...

Once you are done, you are once again guided to the resorts’ large hall, but before you reach the large clearing on top of the stairs the man stops and turns to you to ask if you were ready, of course you were slightly confused until you realize that what he was really asking is if you were ready to be presented to the rest of the party at attendance, you gulp whatever nerves you had and steel yourself nodding your head before Sebastian turns and reaches the end of the hall making an announcement, “Ladies and gentlemen, our final guest has arrived.”

You come out and it instantly feels like you were the center of attention, you bow and before you feel the pressure of being judged by your peers you remind yourself that you were wearing a mask and somehow that made it slightly easier to not feel as nervous.

Down below you hear chatter of the masses as they clap at your arrival and to assist you, you carefully reach for the railing as Sebastian offers a hand to help you down the steps as the bottom of your ball gown flutters with each passing step.

Sebastian bows before excusing himself to help with setting up the dining room and tells you to enjoy the party.

From what you have gathered the point was to mingle before the host arrived, looking around you noticed a man in a dark suit and tie with a matching Dusclops mask, there was also a Midnight Lycanroc man dressed in a more sinister red formal wear, finally there was a Mareep inspired dress, it was the impiety of sunny disposition, there were others of course but while you wait maybe you could learn something of these three first. Feel free to ask whatever comes to mind and don’t be afraid to introduce yourself even if it was all made up lies.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 04-11-2024 at 03:23 AM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:34 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Literally the internet
Posts: 9,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Missingno. Master-

Quick on your feet, you send out your Salamence. The Hoenn dragon stretches its wings on release. It looks at both you, and your Trevenant, and nods. Soon enough, there were scales beneath your skin and the skies beneath your feet. This was going to be a much easier way to traverse the fjord than by foot. Especially as you notice the sheer cliffs just over the hills. That wouldn't be a pleasurable drop.

You scan around the hillside, looking for your mark. Well, it or its favorite food. Shaderoot Carrots often grew around graveyards, yet you weren't finding anything of the sort here. This was a natural paradise through and through. No sign of cobblestone tombstones or even wooden markers. The only chance you'd have would potentially be where the native Pokemon went to pass.

On the other hand, you notice activity in the hills below. Gogoats and Skiddos happily climb the mountainous terrain. Signs of various dragon Pokemon and their dens. Rufflets flying in the skies as well, doing their best to avoid you and your Salamence. So many rare and beautiful Pokemon here, but none of them quite match your equine desire.

However, before you could survey the surroundings you hear a loud roar. A familiar roar. That of a Salamence. You watch as one bolts out from one of the upper caves and comes face to face with your Pokemon. It was larger for sure, seemingly growing healthily from the abundant resources around. From the stature of it... it looked to be akin to an Alpha from the old Hisui region. It then roared at you and your Salamence. This was most likely its territory, and you could tell it was challenging your Salamence to a match.

What do you do?
Sending out Salamence was the right call to make. The hills were huge, and the walking was getting tiresome, so traversing the area by way of the sky just made perfect sense. Though as Maribel and Trevenant looked, they saw no sign of tombstones, no grave markers, nothing of the sort. But they weren't about ready to give up just yet, it would take nothing less than an obstacle placed right in their path to deter them!

...so of course, the caves provided exactly that. Maribel gasped audibly at the sight of the larger Salamence, more out of awe than of fear. This elicited an annoyed grunt from her own Salamence- he was more than a match for this thing! The wild Salamence roared at Maribel and her Salamence, and it was understood at once- this was its territory, and it wanted a battle. Salamence roared in agreement, but also roared for the wild Salamence to hold off until all preparations have been made. And he looked back at Maribel, who nodded understandingly.

"Trevenant," she said. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to go back in the ball for now, OK? Salamence can't fight at his best with us on his back."

"Well, what about you?" Trevenant asked.

Maribel smiled. "I got this," was all she said. And leaving it at that, she withdrew Trevenant, Once Trevenant's Ultra Ball was stowed safely away, Maribel took out a Premier Ball and held it out behind Salamence. "Come out- Iron Jugulis!" she declared. The ball opened up, and what could only be described as the love child of a Hydreigon and a robot emerged, wings flapping in an oddly satisfying motion as it hovered behind, beeping inquisitively. Acting carefully, Maribel moved from Salamence's back to Iron Jugulis's. "Back up a little, Iron Jugulis, OK?" Maribel said. "Salamence needs the room to battle." Salamence roared in approval as Iron Jugulis backed up. He was a bit bewildered at the sight of the Pokémon Maribel had only recently caught, but honestly had bigger priorities ahead of him.

Maribel took a deep breath, and exhaled. She was ready to command her faithful first partner here. "Here we go, Salamence!" she declared. "Use Dragon Breath, then a Dragon Dance, and then follow up with your Breaking Swipe attack!" Not Salamence's best options by far, but her hope was that they would set the stage for Salamence to gain an early upper hand. She gripped the brim of her Mega Hat- that, too, was an option. But not just yet. She had to get the true measure of her opponent before seeing if this was necessary. Either way, the prospect excited her- battling had always been a passion of Maribel's.
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 06:28 PM   #38
blu3shift
Cascade Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Waffle House
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
blu3shift-

You watch in terror as the Munchlax decimates your food supply. You plead with it, desperate. If the little glutton didn't stop, then you'd have almost nothing left! And in your panic, you see Ion act on its own once again. The Rotom emits a quick thunder wave, zapping the Munchlax with paralysis. Or... it would've, if not for the berry it was currently eating. The very same Cheri Berry you were worried it would be eating.

The Munchlax lets out a very angry 'LAX!'. At this point, the rest of the Pokemon in the clearing around you was watching. The bratty baby then huffed and puffed, looking at you with berserker tears. It got up, huffed, and started charging up. It then flew forward, ready to tackle you to the ground. However, before it could, you hear it bounce off of something. You look down and see the Venipede standing before you, green dissipating off of its body.

You hear Ion tell you that it used Protect, and the Venipede looks at you with a concerned gaze. It wanted to protect you, literally. The Munchlax continued to let out angry growls, but at this point was more focused on your Venipede. Well, there was only one thing you could do now. Command the Venipede and chase off this baby bully!

You have temporarily gained a Lv. 12 Male Venipede as an ally.

What are your orders?
The worst had come to pass. Ion had managed to provoke the Munchlax, and now Elijah was getting in trouble for something that he didn't even want to do. He braced himself, shrinking back; this was going to hurt—and then heard a collision a few feet in front of him. He was definitely still in a fit of panic at this point, but he was just confused enough to investigate, only to see that the Venipede had intercepted the Munchlax's approach from out of nowhere, a green shimmer fading from its carapace.

"Okay, look, he used Protect. He's literally defending you. You gotta do something before that Munchlax strikes you again," Ion quickly explained as a list of moves scrolled up on his screen, very clearly labelled as the Venipede's repertoire. Who was also male, evidently.

Elijah stammered for a bit, trying to make sense of the situation. Why did that Venipede defend him like that? What did he do? Aside from the apple thing, every single decision today was Ion's. And that's not to mention the lack of the feisty temperament characteristic of the species; what in the world was happening? And furthermore, why did he have to fight? That made him no better than what he witnessed inside Plasma. He was better than that. He couldn't.

The Munchlax set its gaze towards the Venipede, obviously readying another attack. Elijah didn't have a choice. His eyes were as wide as they could be, trying to come up with a plan to hopefully get out of this without any more damage. "I—can't he just use Protect again?"

"Nope," Ion denied. "Needs a bit to recharge."

Elijah attempted to take a deep breath, but it ended up rapid and shallow. This was not going to be good, but he didn't have a choice in the matter. He quickly scanned the list on the Rotom Phone's screen, begging for something that didn't look like it would cause any undue pain on his opponent, and picked out the first thing that he saw.

"Uh, um, Rollout?!" Elijah yelled with the confidence of a Basculin flopping about in the ruins of the Relic Castle. He hoped that whatever this was wouldn't hurt, especially when he was practically on the verge of a breakdown at this point.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:35 AM   #39
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for light
Posts: 6,469
Lil' Bluey It's not the way you wear your hair, the way you move your eyes - took me by surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

You get ushered into a large room that stands as a walk in closet, “Go on and pick anything you want, don’t worry about the clean-up fee, we’ll also take care of your clothes for you and you’ll find them washed, dried and waiting for you in your room.”

Left alone with your Pokémon, the man leaves and closes the door behind him as the rest of you look at the rolls upon rolls of closet space, a lot of the clothes you see is what you’d expect one to be wearing at a grand ball room, you notice right away that many of the options you had there were bunch of different types of Pokémon inspired dresses with matching shoes, accessories and masks available for you to wear.

The first one that catches your attention is of a large ball gown with a sparkling diamond studded pattern around the edges of the dress with white frills, it looked like it came from a princess living in the deep ocean blue in the more arctic tundra somewhere, the second one was of a pink coral dress with white bubbles, really they were just polka dots that gave it that impression, each of them came with a corresponding matching mask, a Piplup one for the first and a Corsola mask with the second, of course these were just two of many choices presented before you, perhaps there was another kind you wished to put on.

(Feel free to describe or make up your own kind of Pokémon inspired get up.)

You finish by looking at yourself in the mirror and your Pokémon all awe at the choice you had made for yourself.

Outside the butler presents a tray to put the clothes you were wearing on and once again the butler guides you down an array of halls before halting to a room he then presented to you as a small like Boutique Salon. There you see a number of women at the ready, in which they were eagerly there awaiting your arrival in order to help you create a lavish hair style to go along with your dress of choice and put make up on you, if you so decide. You were treated and pampered by the group of women, as they helped trim your nails and finish getting you ready...

Once you are done, you are once again guided to the resorts’ large hall, but before you reach the large clearing on top of the stairs the man stops and turns to you to ask if you were ready, of course you were slightly confused until you realize that what he was really asking is if you were ready to be presented to the rest of the party at attendance, you gulp whatever nerves you had and steel yourself nodding your head before Sebastian turns and reaches the end of the hall making an announcement, “Ladies and gentlemen, our final guest has arrived.”

You come out and it instantly feels like you were the center of attention, you bow and before you feel the pressure of being judged by your peers you remind yourself that you were wearing a mask and somehow that made it slightly easier to not feel as nervous.

Down below you hear chatter of the masses as they clap at your arrival and to assist you, you carefully reach for the railing as Sebastian offers a hand to help you down the steps as the bottom of your ball gown flutters with each passing step.

Sebastian bows before excusing himself to help with setting up the dining room and tells you to enjoy the party.

From what you have gathered the point was to mingle before the host arrived, looking around you noticed a man in a dark suit and tie with a matching Dusclops mask, there was also a Midnight Lycanroc man dressed in a more sinister red formal wear, finally there was a Mareep inspired dress, it was the impiety of sunny disposition, there were others of course but while you wait maybe you could learn something of these three first. Feel free to ask whatever comes to mind and don’t be afraid to introduce yourself even if it was all made up lies.
Jess was promptly piloted to an enormous walk-in closet filled to the brim with frilly garments fit for a ball - rows upon rows of royal themed robes resembling Pokémon, along with an array of shimmering accessories and shoes to create the most extravagantly elegant ensemble. Overwhelmed by the opulent outfit options, Jess thumbed numbly through the racks in awe, and the first article that stood out was a stunning silver lace gown embroidered with diamond-studded snow and sequins. It looked like it belonged to an innocent winter princess slumbering deep beneath the arctic ocean, and hanging from the handle was an appropriately adorable Piplup mask to match.

Something else caught her eye nearby, and she pulled out a pink coral polka-dotted dress, complete with a Corsola cover as well. Another distant memory tickled in the back of her mind as she grew more excited, sorting through similar sizes and styles in search of an alternate colored version - hoping against all odds they might have one available. ...At last, she found it: a shining blue bodice with flowing white bottom, like a lovely lily of the valley flower blossom; frothing seafoam bubbles and waves adorning below the waistline. The silken sleeves extended just past the wrist, bluebell ends draping slightly. She felt the smooth fabric with fondness, smiling nostalgically as she held the material up against herself in the mirror.

Seeing as her present company were all boys, her Pokémon politely turned their backs whilst she got changed (although Locke took advantage of the distraction to poke through some of the pocket linings in case previous wearers accidentally left any valuables behind). Upon receiving permission to peek, the three marveled at their trainer's transformation, Pickle and Locke particularly impressed by the pretty picture stood before them - practically a stranger in such unusually gorgeous garb. Gumpy, being one of the girl's oldest acquaintances, just gave a knowing nod of warm approval - recognizing the inspiration even if his memories of their initial meeting at that time were also hazy.

While Jess added some authentic azure Corsola horn jewelry for extra embellishment, she forewent any fancy high-heeled footwear, opting instead for flat sapphire slippers for comfort. (Not like anyone would see her soles much anyway, considering the skirt's cloth was so lengthy it nearly dragged on the floor.) In the meantime, Gumpy grabbed a handsome top hat and monocle of his own, and Pickle picked out an orange bowtie to substitute his ascot for the evening, whilst Locke preferred plain black. As they admired their respective attire in reflective glass, Jess hovered hesitantly over the finishing touch - for while the accompanying attachment was of course the obvious selection, she couldn't resist veering towards the first veneer, for the penguin presentation was simply too cute to pass up. Besides, it still coordinated visually with the cobalt color scheme. Thus she made her decision and donned the feathery façade, before exiting into the hallway where Sebastian was waiting for her.

After awkwardly placing her clothes on the tray he held out, Jess was led to a salon where a group of giggling but professionally trained stylists attended to try and gussy her up even further, tutting at her protests to paint her face with any kind of clown chemical products. While she managed to escape with minimal makeup graffiti (why even bother when she'd be wearing a masquerade anyway, she wondered), she permitted them to manicure her nails and pin up her normally long loose hair at least (if not apply a perm treatment either). Gumpy meanwhile enjoyed the pampering as his mustache whiskers were curled to perfection, whilst the women cooed and polished Pickle's pearl and Locke's keys until they sparkled like gems.

Finally breaking free with a cough from the clouds of pungent powder and perfume they puffed and spritzed her with, she stumbled out after Sebastian in a daze as he guided her to the grand hall. Upon him asking if she was properly prepared to present herself, she gulped down growing trepidation and steadily steeled her nerves, stepping forward to face the crowd as the butler prominently announced her arrival with a magnificent sweeping bow. He offered a gloved hand to help her down the red carpeted stairs, and Jess's rosy cheeks (already heavy with artificial blush) flushed further beneath her guise as she strove to ignore the stares; feeling all watchful eyes upon her like some kind of famous debutante being introduced to high society for the first time, as she hiked her hem and carefully made her way to the bottom of the steps to the clapping applause and murmur of the masses, parting to provide room for the "final guest".

As her escort temporarily relieved of his duty, leaving the dumbfounded lady to her own devices for the time being - Jess simply stood there looking lost for a bit, unsure what to do. Detective Gumpy, on the other hand, was already scanning the setting for suspicious individuals. (Locke likewise, albeit rather seeking the most likely richest targets.) Jotting down observations on a notepad through crude portrait caricature, the Swalot showed his candidate list of potentially interesting interview subjects to Jess, who agreed this was probably their best opportunity to interrogate under pretense of idle party chitchat to try and gain useful information. (Even if her horrible social anxiety made her loathe to even attempt saying hello - multiplied tenfold by the clear class difference, to the point she'd vastly prefer to be a shrinking wallflower than waltz right up to these wealthy aristocrats and strive to strike up a casual conversation.)

"All right, gang," she swallowed apprehension as she firmly addressed the others like a true leader, "Let's split up and search for clues. Gumpy and Pickle, why don't you two take the Dusclops gentleman to see if you can learn anything. Locke, you try the guy dressed like a Lycanroc - and don't you dare to try to steal anything, we don't want to get kicked out. I'll uh, see if I can speak to the Mareep lady, she seems nice?"

The troops saluted and disbanded the brief meeting to carry out their assigned missions. Bracing herself with a deep breath, Jess determinedly marched up to the sunny woman flouncing about in fluffy Mareep wool; smiling shyly as she tried her best to broach dialogue, hoping to break the ice by making civil small talk about her fashion choice.

"P- pardon me, miss, but I simply adore your dress... May I ask where you got it from?" Then, chiding herself for her own oversight, she quickly curtsied in a courteous manner. "Apologies, I should introduce myself first. My name is Jessica of, uh, Port au Olivine." (Purposefully exaggerating foreign pronunciation for emphasis to hopefully sound more sophisticated.) "Whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-13-2024 at 10:57 AM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.