UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-21-2021, 01:36 AM   #1
Ixlude
Pokemon Trainer

It's been forever since I was last here.

Hey guys I used to post here a long time ago under the handle of Sulcataixlude. Now I am just Ixlude. I just want to say hello and what's new? Last time I was here I was preparing for a long life to live in Indonesia. Since then I've lived and worked in about nine countries (including the USA.) Right now I am currently in Kazakhstan, own property there, and am married (we have a two year old daughter who will turn three in June.)

It's nice to be back here and I am surprised this forum is still standing. Have a nice day.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:59 AM   #2
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Holy shit. Glad you see you around. Why have you been a globetrotter? Congrats on the kids and becoming a mostly successful human being.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:14 AM   #3
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Amazing SulcataIxlude, of course we remember you and it's great to hear you are alive and well!

A bunch of us are still here...lurking. Coronavirus obviously took the wind out of a lot of sails. The party was still going pretty strong until about 2018-ish.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Connor
Flashbacker

Honestly I think the jump to Discord did a lot more to kill forum activity than covid.

FB still uses the forums for most of their RP stuff but ASB completely migrated since that was just the more viable option for us, especially after SPPf posting permissions got nuked.

Still, always good to see someone return, even if I came around too late to ever know you the first time round. Saw you want to pick back up in FB too, so chances are we'll interact a little there.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Wow. Welcome back. Congrats on your family.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Since I feel bad for not saying hi earlier

Welcome back to UPN! Don't think I ever knew ya, but the name's vaguely familiar. Always nice to see an old face return, to FB as well. ^.^
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:15 PM   #7
Ixlude
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Holy shit. Glad you see you around. Why have you been a globetrotter? Congrats on the kids and becoming a mostly successful human being.
To make a very long story short: I was very content and happy to live in Indonesia for pretty much the rest of my life until 2014. The government during that time made it very hard for expats to renew or get new visas due to the JIS scandal (google "JIS Scandal" for more information since I need 10 posts before I can post URLS.) This prompted the more xenophobic elements in Indonesia's government to kick out as many foreigners as possible or find ways to make renewing or getting new visas to be a pain in the ass.

So I left Indonesia to work in The Philippines and have been going to different countries since then. I've only been back to the USA twice. In 2011 for Christmas (at that time me and a local guy had a drop shipping company and I had extra cash so I decided to say hello) and in 2017 when I had to apply for my Kazakhstani work visa (you need to go back to your country of residence or that you have residency for to apply for specific visas.)

If you guys want to hear the super abridged version of what I have been up to since 2010 I can write it down. The countries I've lived in are:

The USA, Indonesia, The Philippines, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Somalia (technically I lived in Somaliland but by UN definition it's still Somalia), Malaysia, and Egypt.

I have also visited about 26 countries including the ones I have listed above. It is so good to see some familiar faces in this thread as well as some new ones. Sorry for the late response I got busy with some stuff over here on my side.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:02 PM   #8
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
That's a pretty diverse Chrome History, what were you doing that allowed you to work in so many different countries with distinct primary languages?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:51 AM   #9
Ixlude
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
That's a pretty diverse Chrome History, what were you doing that allowed you to work in so many different countries with distinct primary languages?
To keep things short and simple.

Indonesia: I taught English, did export-import (I can speak Bahasa Indonesia fluently), ran a drop shipping company, did some minor acting, did voice acting for safety training materials for Pertamina (large oil company), and even a little bit of modeling here and there.

The Philippines: I taught English for a large Korean company (I went to an office, sat in a cubicle, and taught general English) and I did accent training in my company too.

Kazakhstan: I taught English to oil company executives and engineers. Now in Kazakhstan me and my wife (who is an Uzbek woman from Kazakhstan) are setting up a chocolate business.

Uzbekistan: I taught English for a company.

Somaliland: I worked with an education based NGO. I was even on national tv.

Malaysia: I taught English for a Korean owned English course.

Vietnam: I taught English at various schools for a company.

Egypt: I taught Social Studies and History for Middle and High School aged students.

TL;DR: Mostly education based stuff with some business mixed in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc