UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 02-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #126
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, after entirely too many destractions, let's get this party started!

Bubbling Cauldron: ...yeah, I can definitely see this needing to be reworked. Maybe make it a pseudo-Metronome kind of deal, where instead of just random effects, it instead allows the holder to, one time only per battle, use a randomly selected move from a relatively limited pool? I'd suggest moves that are kinda thematically appropriate for, like, a witch and stuff. Curse, Hex, Mystical Fire, Scary Face, Eerie Spell, Trick-or-Treat, Forest's Curse, maybe even Pumpkin Bomb. Things of that nature.

Bunny Suit: Agreed wholeheartedly with Iron- I'm all for gearing a lot of these items more for feasibility within raids, but FB is not meant to be a raid simulator first and foremost. We're an RP, and it'd only make sense for our custom items to have effects that work better in an RP setting. By all means, yes, give them more usability in raids, but we shouldn't have to sacrifice some of the more RP-friendly effects in doing so, I don't think.

Heart Container: Glad the recovered health is increased. I always found this item to be pretty useless in the past.

Soulmate Pendant: I'm personally still all for keeping them as two separate items that work together. I liked the idea of the Heart Pendant and Soul Pendant names, in particular. I'm all for making them less gender-reliant, of course.

Unicorn Horn: Good call, IMO, changing it from Horn Attack to Megahorn. Small suggestion, though, in regards to the name- while it doesn't strictly need changing, might I suggest Unique Horn as a name for it? A nod to Galarian Ponyta's pun-tastic Pokédex classification.

Plague Doctor Mask: Was initially unsure about the buffs to the holder being taken away, but I can live with that. I like the effect.

Scarecrow Vest: Cool changes, I like how it works better on Flying-type opponents. Taking away the Speed boosting effects means I'll be taking it off my Furret as that was the whole thing I was going for with that, but ultimately, I'm cool with how this ended up.

Superhero Cape: Haaaahahaha, I didn't have to teach Captain Stomach Fly for his birthday that year after all! XD I'm good with this, I'm good with this.

Old Spice/Alolan/Galarian/Vanilla Incenses: It always struck me as odd that these never had any effects outside of breeding, when all canon Incenses do. That said, I'm not sure what effects they could feasibly have, outside of the Alolan Incense functioning like a Full Incense (little jab to how Alola introduced so many slow Pokémon), so if nobody else can think of anything either, then I guess these are fine as they are.

Anything else I didn't specifically comment on, I'm fine with.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #127
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Galarian Incense: Current plus Steel buff.
Alolan Incense: Current plus Fire buff.
Vanilla Incense: Current plus Normal buff.
Old Spice Incense: Current plus big Atk buff, noticeable SpAtk debuff.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #128
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Ooh, I like these!
Old 02-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #129
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Bubbling Cauldron: ...yeah, I can definitely see this needing to be reworked. Maybe make it a pseudo-Metronome kind of deal, where instead of just random effects, it instead allows the holder to, one time only per battle, use a randomly selected move from a relatively limited pool? I'd suggest moves that are kinda thematically appropriate for, like, a witch and stuff. Curse, Hex, Mystical Fire, Scary Face, Eerie Spell, Trick-or-Treat, Forest's Curse, maybe even Pumpkin Bomb. Things of that nature.
I wouldn't mind this. Like I said I'm all for items that allow the use of more unique Moves that might not be available as TMs/TRs.

On that note, not sure how to feel about renaming the Unicorn Horn. I didn't know G-Ponyta's classification so "Unique Horn" just sounds a bit odd to me. I think the original name is fine since it's straightforward and to the point (get it?).

Also forgot to comment on the topic of shortening Fizzy Bubbles Ball to Fizzy Ball, but I'm fine with it either way.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #130
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
I think the only real change that Bubbling Cauldron actually needs is having its usage restricted. I think it's a cool item but in it's current state its one of those that becomes "spin to you win" where you get the right Pokemon you want out of it or just an incredibly annoying stall item thanks to its ability to randomly heal both the user and the opponent. It's not an item that's ever really going to see use outside of adventures anyways so I don't see a particularly large problem with allowing it to have strong effects.

I don't particularly like the changes to the Bunny Suit or to the Plague Doctor Mask. I feel like rewriting the Bunny Suit's Jumping ability to become useful in Raids means writing the RP flavor out of it which is never good for a game that is meant to be RP focused in nature. I understand that now that we have a by the numbers style of gameplay in Fizzy Bubbles that the entire system now needs to be brought in line with it, but that really shouldn't come at the expense of effects that are useful solely in RP settings. I also feel the same about the Superhero Cape, but the Superhero Cape feels more strictly like an upgrade in terms of viability so I'm not as fussed about it.

Meanwhile with the Plague Doctor Mask's second effect is pretty situational because of the fact that in Fizzy Bubbles, it's pretty rare for an item to basically not be telegraphed, and it was never really meant to be a powerful boost in the first place. It's a much weaker effect than say, Weakness Policy. Not all items need drawback, it's actually one of the relics of old Custom Item design that was frowned upon (lots of overbalanced custom items lol). I do however think that setting in stone what the first effect means is a good idea though. I didn't think at the time that it could be read as different things and only realized later.

I actually like the changes to Custom Pokeballs too, although I think the Feather Ball maybe needs slightly better wording because I don't think most people are going to know what Airborne status means here. The bigger elephant in the room is what function exactly do these balls even play in current FB? Back in the day they used to let you catch evolved Pokemon, a function that could be interesting if it wasn't for the extent that catching was hamstrung and undermined. It's something that has been brought up before, but in a game where functionally, randomized catching isn't a widespread game mechanic, what function do these balls serve?

In light of this, are there potentially other effects that Pokeballs could have? Pokeballs with additional effects are themselves not uncommon in Pokemon. An example might be something such as a Ninja Ball that grants a short-term stealth effect when the Pokemon is released (this should exist, this is a kick-ass idea, if you do this I want royalties). I think there's a lot of room to play around with this idea, especially in Adventures.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:39 PM   #131
Emp
Volcano Badge

For the regional incenses, how about they give a small power buff to Pokemon from the said region? I think that would make a lot of sense, and prevents further overlap with existing items (Galar Incense becoming another Metal Coat etc.) I’m also fine with them having no effect in battle, given that’s not really the purpose of these incenses.

While Unique Horn is a clever name, I don’t think we should be renaming items for the sake of it. These items are referenced all over FB and I feel changing their names is just going to create unnecessary confusion and inconsistencies. What if an inactive member returned, had a Unicorn Horn and didn’t realise we had changed its name? I gave TKF a Unicorn Horn in his Arboreal Cradle adventure which had been attached to the Galarian Rapidash that had been antagonising him – while I wouldn’t go back and update the name it would still niggle at me that it had been given a new name.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:02 AM   #132
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So, for custom items, I want to state my thoughts on the proposed changes.

I agree with Emi here on the Bubbling Cauldron, and a few others on the Bunny Suit. Some items are purely from an RP perspective, and I'm fine with them being like that. We are an RP at its core, and some of our custom items should primarily be RP-focused. I do think most of our items should be raid-friendly but should also have RP uses outside of that.

I honestly feel that the Chick Bonnet does not need its detrimental effect. A free Agility isn't that broken, and I feel like it has some cool RP potential. It just lowering speed after the boost makes the site incredibly unappealing and makes the detriment heavily outway its benefit. I can't see myself using this at all in a zone.

The Cupid's Bow and Arrow I feel needs to have a better effect. Attract is great, but since Attract is such a ubiquitous TM I feel like it needs a better effect. I honestly would like it if it just lowered a Pokemon's attack and special attack by one stage once per battle. Sort of like a mini-charm and captivate, and if the opponent is under attract it becomes charm and captivate. It might be a little overpowered, but incredibly thematic, especially with the once per battle clause.

I feel like the Lucky Rabbit's Foot and Four-Leaf CLover should have their effects swapped. I don't know, the items are similar but crit and accuracy feel different. I want them to feel similar but different. Maybe have the increased hit with an additional fun RP effect? That'd be cool.

Dark Lance really should be named Shadow Lance like it was originally. I always think of it as Shadow Lance and as such should be the same since the names are confusing.

Besides that, I think everything else I think has already been stated to some degree. The Plague Doctor Mask should probably retain its original effect since statusing something is usually a huge detriment. But, I do love the Poison Amp.

To be honest I think the Devil Horns would be better as a burn amp. It feels like it would be more thematic to the Item, instead of just being a Houndoom steroid. Maybe make it so a burn from the item has a unique effect? I'm all about unique effects from our custom items, since well, they are unique to us.

As for Pokeballs, let me go through what I think for type balls.

Rocket Ball- Poison, Dark, and Grass types
Aqua Ball- Water, Dark, and Flying Types
Magma Ball- Fire, Ground, and Rock types
Galactic Ball- Steel, Dark, and Psychic Types
Plasma Ball- Fire, Steel, and Electric Types
Flare Ball- Fairy, Dark, and Fire types.
Yell Ball- Dark, Normal, and Fighting Types
M. Cosmos Ball- Steel, Poison, and Electric Types

While the effects Med has written are cool and thematic, I believe that type balls should all follow into the same kind of typeset. I think expanding the type balls to three types to be in line with the Alolan balls is cool, and I tried adding in third types that fit with the Teams as best as I could.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:04 PM   #133
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Pokéballs:
Type Pokéballs:
Bug Ball: Increases capture rate of Bug Pokémon
Dark Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark Pokemon.
Dragon Ball: Increases capture rate of Dragon Pokémon
Thunder Ball: Increases capture rate of Electric Pokémon
Fairy Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy Pokemon.
Fighting Ball: Increases capture rate of Fighting Pokémon
Fire Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire Pokémon
Fizzy Ball: Increases capture rate of Water Pokemon.
Flying Ball: Increases capture rate of Flying Pokémon
Ghost Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon
Leaf Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Ground Ball: Increases capture rate of Ground Pokémon
Snow Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokémon
Normal Ball: Increases capture rate of Normal Pokemon.
Poison Ball: Increases capture rate of Poison Pokémon
Psychic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic Pokémon
Rock Ball: Increases capture rate of Rock Pokémon
Steel Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon

Holiday Pokéballs:
Valentine Ball: Increases capture rate if the target has the Infatuation status.
Chocolate Pokéball (Made of 100% pure chocolate). Works like a normal Pokéball. First appeared for Easter 2005.
Mummy Ball: Increases capture rate if the target is currently bound by a trapping effect
Wereball: Increases capture rate of Canine Pokémon
Franken Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
Pumpkin Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Skele Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon.
Vampire Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon inflicted by Biting attacks.
Xmas Ball (A Pokémon is released from this ball in a flurry of snowflakes.) Works like a Christmas-themed Luxury Ball. Stantler, Delibird, Snover, Deerling, or Cryogonal will receive 10 Bond Points if housed inside this Pokéball.
Gingerbread Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon with increased Evasion.
Ice Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokemon.
New Year Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon inflicted by Explosion, Self-Destruct, or Misty Explosion.

Other Pokéballs:
Red Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Orange Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Yellow Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Green Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Aqua Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Blue Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Violet Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Magenta Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Space Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon that are Levitating or under the effects of Gravity.
Feather Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokemon with the Airborne status.

Villainous Team Pokéballs:
Rocket Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark & Poison Pokémon.
Aqua Ball: Increases capture rate of Water & Dark Pokémon.
Magma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Ground Pokémon.
Plasma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Electric Pokémon.
Flare Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy & Dark Pokémon.
Aether Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic, Steel & Ghost Pokémon.
Skull Ball (Blue): Increases capture rate of Bug, Poison & Dark Pokémon.
Skull Ball (Pink): Increases capture rate of Bug, Poison & Dark Pokémon.

Event Pokéballs:
Raptor Ball: A special Pokéball only available on Raptor Island
Limited Edition Halloween Master Ball (orange & black Pokéball with a pumpkin-shaped release button) Fizzy Zone Event 2003
Limited Edition Ice Master Ball (blue and white Pokéball with snowflake release button) Cloud Garden Winter Adventure
Limited Edition SS Tidal Master Ball (pretty blue Pokéball) SS Tidal Mystery Cruise

Changelog:
- Changed Fizzy Bubbles Ball to ‘Fizzy Ball’
Responses:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The Vampire Ball, I'm not so sure I'm on board with changing it- always felt more like it should be used to contain the mons doing the biting, as opposed to the bite victims, at least to me.
Thematically I think it could work fine either way, but mechanically I think it’s best if it’s the target being afflicted. For starters, seeing as you have zero control over what the targeted Pokemon uses in battle until after you catch it, it’s much harder to control/get an opportunity to make use of the mechanic if you’re not the one ordering or making use of the Biting attacks. Also, I should add that in order to create a vampire, one must be bitten first regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I'd say it would be great to have Cipher and Snagem balls but one of those things honestly requires a bit of a discussion on Clarity, which requires a bit of a discussion on Bond so... yeah. Like yes, they could have your generic basic effects but at the same time, it seems silly for them to when we give effects for basically everything *but* Clarity purposes and people have been asking for Clarity stuff since we decided to make Shadows easier to obtain.
As Sniz said, I’d probably look to see what changes might be made to Bond/Clarity before we implement/change effects that deal with those first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
With the Wereball establishing that the effects don't have to align with classifications in the games (canine-based Pokemon are just strong assumptions) I feel like you're missing a trick not having the Space Ball be more effective against Pokemon from outer space. While incorporating Gravity is a clever idea, wouldn't it have the opposite effect considering there's no gravity in space?
Honestly, I was already struggling with Wereball to begin with. I wanted to change it to an effect that was a little more concrete/well defined, but I was both worried about pushback from the community as well as unsure what exactly to change it to. As for the Space Ball, I think “pokemon that come from space” is a little too niche and much prefer an effect that you can tangibly experience in combat/RP.

Comments:
Honestly, I think for now it might be best if the Cyber Balls were just left as they are. Their novelty lies in their design and their vast array of colors. As for the other Evil Team Balls that are missing, I’m completely open to adding them if someone would like to take a crack at designing them. The Aether and Skull Balls were designed and offered to me by SpinyShell, so if anyone would like to do the same with other Evil Team Balls, feel free to do so and the mods and I might just work them into a future event or something. I’m willing to keep the Custom Ball discussion open as long as people wish to participate, but if the community is okay with everything that is laid out in this post then I’m fine with finalizing these changes as well. Discussions about the overarching purpose/function of Pokeballs in FB should probably be saved for a different thread; what I’m interested in achieving here is updating/modernizing outdated effects.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:07 AM   #134
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Held Items:
Bubbling Cauldron
This Witches brew is as it looks a brew of bubbles and troubles, what will happen? Well in battle if used one of these things could happen:
- The holder is healed 50%
- The holder is Healed 100%
- The holder is Damaged by 10%
- The holder is afflicted with a Random Status effect
- The holder is transformed into a random Pokémon (Updater and Ref discretion)
- The holder and Opponent switch bodies until the end of the battle
- The opponent is Damaged 10%
- The opponent is Healed by 50%
Bunny Bonnet
Effect: The holder is able to use the move Bounce. Consecutive uses of Bounce will increase in power by 10% with each successful hit.
Bunny Ears
Effect: The holder’s accuracy is automatically increased by two stages. However, the holder takes increased damage from Sound-based attacks by 30%. Does not work on Pokemon with the Soundproof ability.
Chick Bonnet
Effect: When the holder enters battle, their speed is automatically increased by 2 stages. Their speed automatically drops by 1 stage at the end of each round of combat.
Cupid’s Bow and Arrow
Effect: The holder may attempt to strike an opposite gendered Pokémon as an action for guaranteed attraction that will last 2 rounds or until the afflicted target is struck by an attack. This may be used once per battle only, hit or miss.
Devil Horns
Effect: Boosts Fire and Dark type moves by 10%. The holder may not use the same attack consecutively, however.
Heart Container
Effect: When the holder is hit, the heart container fills up. Once all 4 segments are filled up (4 hits), the holder is healed by 50% of their max health.
Lucky Rabbit’s Foot
Effect: Increases Critical Hit chance by one stage.
Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Root Beer
Effect: The holder may drink the contents of this item as an action. Once consumed, the holder will involuntarily belch out a stream of flames equivalent to a Flamethrower (Fire, Special 90 BP). In the 2 following rounds, the holder has a 50% chance follow their action with an independent belch with reduced power equivalent to an Incinerate (Fire, Special 60 BP), followed by Ember (Fire, Special 40 BP) if the second belch occurred. The belches have no secondary effects. This item may only be used once per battle.
Rainbow Egg
Hold Effect: The holder may consume this item as an action, recovering 50% of their max health and raising each of their stats by 1 stage. This item may only be used once per battle.
Ruby Pendant
Effect: When the holder enters battle, the opponent (of opposite gender) has a 25% chance of becoming Infatuated by the holder.
Skull of the Forgotten Souls
Effect: When the holder enters battle, a small skeletal doll resembling the holder’s species is summoned. The skeleton will protect the holder from one attack and then disappear. If the doll has not performed this action yet, the holder may instruct it to use Bonemerang on a given target instead, and the doll will disappear after that action. The skeleton may only be summoned once per battle.
Soulmate Pendant
Effect: When two Pokemon that are each holding this item are used in battle together as allied Pokemon, each of their Attack and Special Attacks are increased by 20%. The two Pokemon must be an established pair.
Unicorn Horn
Effect: The holder is able to use the move Megahorn. Consecutive uses of Megahorn will decrease in power by 10% with each successful hit.
Aegis of Frost
Hold Effect: The holder’s Defense stat is increased by 2 stages, but they become unable to utilize Status moves.
Fling Effect: Ice, Physical 60 BP. Has a 10% chance to freeze the target.
Bunny Suit
Effect: This holder is able to dodge Ground-type attacks as an action without fail. Recovery moves affecting the holder are increased by 25%. The holder is able to jump 50% higher than usual.
Dark Lance
Hold Effect: Increases Critical Hit chance by one stage.
Fling Effect: Dark, Physical 75 BP. The target's Reflect, Light Screen, Aurora Veil, and Safeguard are destroyed.
Flametongue
Hold Effect: The holder’s physical Fire type attacks are increased by 30%, but their special Fire type attacks are reduced by 20%. The holder gains immunity to Freeze.
Fling Effect: Fire, Physical 85 BP. Has a 10% chance to burn the target.
Four-leaf Clover
Effect: The holder’s accuracy is increased by one stage.
Light Barrier
Hold Effect: The holder cannot be critically hit.
Fling Effect: Normal, Physical 10 BP. The user gains Aurora Veil on their side of the field, lasting 5 turns.
Mummy Bandages
Effect: The holder takes 20% less damage from moves that make contact, but take 30% increased damage from Fire type attacks.
Northern Star Bangle
Effect: Recovery moves affecting the holder are increased by 30%.
Plague Doctor Mask:
Effect: When the holder inflicts Poison status on a target, the status becomes Bad Poison. If the target becomes Badly Poisoned from a source other than the previous effect, then the Bad Poison begins at 1 advanced turn of effect.
Scarecrow Vest
Effect: When the holder enters battle, opponent Attack is lowered by 1 stage. Opponent Flying type Pokemon have their Attack lowered by 2 stages. The holder’s Special Defense is lowered by 20%.
Superhero Cape
Effect: The user gains Levitate status. The user is able to use the move Fly.
Tiki Mask
Effect: When the holder enters battle, opponent Special Attack is lowered by 1 stage. Opponent Ghost type Pokemon have their Special Attack lowered by 2 stages. The holder’s Defense is lowered by 20%.
Vampire Cape
Effect: The holder’s Special Attack is raised by 20% but its Defense and Special Defense are reduced by 20%.
Vampire Fangs
Effect: The holder drains 10% of the damage inflicted by Biting attacks to recover health. However, the holder loses 1/8th of its maximum health every turn during Intense Sunlight.
Werewolf Claws
Effect: The holder’s Attack is increased by 30%, but becomes unable to use Special Attacks.
Zombie Mask
Effect: The holder’s Special Defense is increased by 20%, but recovery effects drain the holder’s health instead of heals.
Old Spice Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the father’s species. Has no effect in battle.
Alolan Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the Alolan regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.
Galarian Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the Galarian regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.
Vanilla Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the standard non-regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.

Changelog:
- Added the jumping effect back onto the Bunny Suit
- Made Bunny Ears give +2 accuracy while Four Leaf Clover give +1 accuracy. See Responses below for more details.
- Added Vampire Fangs that was missing from the list
Responses:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
I agree with Emi here on the Bubbling Cauldron, and a few others on the Bunny Suit. Some items are purely from an RP perspective, and I'm fine with them being like that. We are an RP at its core, and some of our custom items should primarily be RP-focused. I do think most of our items should be raid-friendly but should also have RP uses outside of that.
After thinking it over, I’ve added the RP effect back onto the Bunny Suit. It’s possible I was trying to make the effects too mechanically inclined for raids, but the main reason why I initially removed it was because I didn’t want it to overlap with the Bunny Bonnet’s effect. As for Bubbling Cauldron, I’m fine with leaving it as it is for now if we just restrict its use in Raid Battles.
Quote:
I honestly feel that the Chick Bonnet does not need its detrimental effect. A free Agility isn't that broken, and I feel like it has some cool RP potential. It just lowering speed after the boost makes the site incredibly unappealing and makes the detriment heavily outway its benefit. I can't see myself using this at all in a zone.
I’m going to hard pass on this, and here is my reasoning why: Firstly, the original effect mentioned how the holder is given a sharp burst of speed when it enters battle and quickly becomes tired after. I wanted to stay loyal to the original effect as I adapted it into a more technical mechanic. Secondly, a free Agility boost would completely trivialize something like a Choice Scarf, so I don’t think it would be a good idea to do that without some kind of balancing drawback. Choice Scarf locks the user into 1 move while Chick Bonnet’s boost gradually wears off. Both have similar effects but can be utilized differently.
Quote:
I feel like the Lucky Rabbit's Foot and Four-Leaf CLover should have their effects swapped. I don't know, the items are similar but crit and accuracy feel different. I want them to feel similar but different. Maybe have the increased hit with an additional fun RP effect? That'd be cool.
My answer to this is the same as my answer to whenever people point out that Friend Ball and Luxury Ball effects should be swapped for thematic reasons. While the idea is nice in practice, it would mess up too many backlogged acquisitions of people obtaining and using the items in FB, which I just don’t see the point in creating extra headaches to swap. However, you bringing up the Four Leaf Clover did make me realize that FLC completely trivializes the Bunny Ears in terms of effect gains vs detriments, and because of such I decided it would be best to swap part of their effects.
Quote:
Dark Lance really should be named Shadow Lance like it was originally. I always think of it as Shadow Lance and as such should be the same since the names are confusing.
Shadow Lance, Dark Lance, I’m not really fussed either way what the community wants to call it. Personally I think of it as the Shadow Lance, because that’s what it was originally called, but it seemed to have been changed at some point over the years so I just went with what it currently is.
Quote:
To be honest I think the Devil Horns would be better as a burn amp. It feels like it would be more thematic to the Item, instead of just being a Houndoom steroid. Maybe make it so a burn from the item has a unique effect? I'm all about unique effects from our custom items, since well, they are unique to us.
Honestly, I kind of like this line of thinking better than the one I proposed, which was suggested to me on discord. I think it could serve as a mirrored effect to the move Burning Jealousy, where burns are inflicted if the target raises its stats that round. Maybe with Devil Horn, that effect could compound where the holder’s attack/sp.atk are raised by 1 stage if the target receives a burn? This might need some balance testing for stacking/repetition abuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Meanwhile with the Plague Doctor Mask's second effect is pretty situational because of the fact that in Fizzy Bubbles, it's pretty rare for an item to basically not be telegraphed, and it was never really meant to be a powerful boost in the first place. It's a much weaker effect than say, Weakness Policy. Not all items need drawback, it's actually one of the relics of old Custom Item design that was frowned upon (lots of overbalanced custom items lol). I do however think that setting in stone what the first effect means is a good idea though. I didn't think at the time that it could be read as different things and only realized later.
While I understand that some people have particular vested interest in this item, I wholeheartedly feel that the prior boosting effect was superfluous and excessive. On top of boosting Poison status effects, it gives the holder both the Guts ability AND the Quick Feet ability? That’s just way too many effects in my opinion. Additionally, for whatever reason it is the only Halloween-themed custom hold item that does not have any demerits in effects. It’s not a trend I created but I felt was important enough to continue to observe as part of tradition. I felt the best compromise was to just get rid of the extraneous effect and focus solely on the Poison boosting aspect.
Quote:
Honestly, while in large part the purpose of these updates is indeed to modernize/update effects of items to fit in the current meta of Fizzy Bubbles usage, I don’t think we need to just tack on effects to everything so that they can be useful in battle. These items have existed for a number of years with one sole purpose of usage, and I don’t feel like that needs to be changed especially when there are so many other items you can obtain for much cheaper that give the exact same effects you’re proposing.

Final Note:
Keeping discussion open for the community to respond, but would like to start getting a consensus soon. While RP effects of items are very important to an item’s description, please keep in mind the overall balance and practicality of the effects especially when compared to other items in FB as well as items in the Pokemon franchise as a whole. Not every item needs to be some kind of new meta-breaking mechanic; effects that can amplify existing battle styles without going overboard are what we’re looking for here.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:06 PM   #135
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Looks fine to me.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:30 AM   #136
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Custom Pokéballs:
Type Pokéballs:
Bug Ball: Increases capture rate of Bug Pokémon
Dark Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark Pokemon.
Dragon Ball: Increases capture rate of Dragon Pokémon
Thunder Ball: Increases capture rate of Electric Pokémon
Fairy Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy Pokemon.
Fighting Ball: Increases capture rate of Fighting Pokémon
Fire Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire Pokémon
Fizzy Ball: Increases capture rate of Water Pokemon.
Flying Ball: Increases capture rate of Flying Pokémon
Ghost Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon
Leaf Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Ground Ball: Increases capture rate of Ground Pokémon
Snow Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokémon
Normal Ball: Increases capture rate of Normal Pokemon.
Poison Ball: Increases capture rate of Poison Pokémon
Psychic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic Pokémon
Rock Ball: Increases capture rate of Rock Pokémon
Steel Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
(Sorry for the rather short post, I'm currently typing this on mobile and will give my thoughts on the FB custom items in a separate post.)

A quick note, I noticed that there is no Type Ball for Water-type Pokémon. I'm not sure if this is an oversight, or if it was intentional.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #137
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fizzy Ball.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:42 AM   #138
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Fizzy Ball.
Must have missed it somehow, thanks.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #139
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I'm taking everyone's silence as approval to the proposed changes, so if you would like to speak your mind now's the time.

Last thing that needs to be sorted out are the Devil's Horns, as were noted in my previous post.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:15 PM   #140
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

I'm fine with this. I have no suggested changes.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #141
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The proposed changes to the custom items look pretty good to me. I'm satisfied with all of them, though I have a question about the Skull of Forgotten Souls. The current description of the item is this, below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Custom Held Items:
For one round only the skull will summon a skeletal ally. When summoned the skeleton will either defend your Pokémon from attack for one round, or attack your opponent with a Bonemerang attack before it disappears. The effect can only happen once per battle and the user can chose only one effect, attack or defend.
The proposed change/new wording of the item is this:
Quote:
Custom Held Items:
Effect: When the holder enters battle, a small skeletal doll resembling the holder’s species is summoned. The skeleton will protect the holder from one attack and then disappear. If the doll has not performed this action yet, the holder may instruct it to use Bonemerang on a given target instead, and the doll will disappear after that action. The skeleton may only be summoned once per battle.
I'm wondering, what exactly warranted a slight change to how the Skull functioned? I interpreted the "old" effect to be that the holder could instruct the skeletal doll to either protect the holder from one attack, or to attack with Bonemerang, on any given turn, once per battle. Now, it seems that according to the description, the skeleton will protect the holder from one attack by default, even if it was not instructed to. I'm not sure why this change was made, or even if it was intended to be a change.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #142
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
The proposed changes to the custom items look pretty good to me. I'm satisfied with all of them, though I have a question about the Skull of Forgotten Souls. The current description of the item is this, below:

The proposed change/new wording of the item is this:

I'm wondering, what exactly warranted a slight change to how the Skull functioned? I interpreted the "old" effect to be that the holder could instruct the skeletal doll to either protect the holder from one attack, or to attack with Bonemerang, on any given turn, once per battle. Now, it seems that according to the description, the skeleton will protect the holder from one attack by default, even if it was not instructed to. I'm not sure why this change was made, or even if it was intended to be a change.
I think my motivation behind that was just to make it less ambiguous of how/when the item was being used and set the mechanic to sort of fit more in lines with the Pokemon universe and how items operate.

My reasoning for the change was to make it more along the lines with the Disguise ability but with the added utility to be used as an extra attack as well.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 03-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #143
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

No further suggestions from me and I'm happy with everything that you've proposed
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #144
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Vampire Ball: I may have poorly worded my last words on the matter- I was more under the impression that the ball's enhanced catch rate was more for Pokémon capable of learning biting move, as opposed to Pokémon that actively currently know them or have used them. The former would work better in the games where you'd be more likely to have a feel for what moves the wild Pokémon would know, I would think. A valid point about biting one being a requirement to making them a vampire, and I think you've sold me on that part, though I still feel like the capability to learn biting attacks should be at least considered, IMO. I won't push too hard on this if nobody else is on board with that. Also, either way, I feel I should say something else here- are we counting as biting moves only what Strong Jaw boosts, or are we throwing Super Fang and Leech Life in there as well? Strong Jaw doesn't boost Super Fang because, well, it deals fixed damage. And Leech Life I feel should definitely count towards this whether we think it's a biting move or not because the user sucks the opponent's blood- it doesn't get much more vampire than that.

FB-exclusive Incenses: I can understand not wanting to just tack extra in-battle effects on them just for the sake of it. I just thought it was odd that we never gave them in-battle effects when all canon Incenses have in-battle effects. Makes them useful whether you're interested in their breeding uses or not. Like with the Vampire Ball, I'm not gonna really push for that to change if the majority opinion is that they're fine the way they are, I just wanted to see if I could maybe better explain why I brought such a thing up to begin with.

Lucky Rabbit's Foot/Four-Leaf Clover: Ehhh, I dunno about that explanation for not swapping their effects. I mean, the whole thing we're doing here entails changing the effects of various FB custom held items in the first place. Friend Ball/Luxury Ball is one thing, since they affect how their inhabitants gain Bond, and we keep careful track of all that, but, like, if the Four-Leaf Clover used to boost accuracy and now boosts the crit rate, how is that any worse than changing the Rainbow Egg from allowing the holder to use Soft-Boiled to making the item itself consumable? Why would it be any more of a headache to change the effects of those two items than to change the effects of... literally any other held item we're changing here? I dunno, I may be missing something here, but I'm not sure that's that good of a comparison, y'know?

Shadow Lance/Dark Lance: My personal opinion would be to have it keep its original name (I mean, hell, I still think it was a wasted opportunity that Gen 6 didn't change the Exp. Share's name back to the Exp. All!), but maybe this could be something the community could vote on somehow? Find out which name the majority prefers and go with that.

Most items: Are we gonna assign Fling effects or at least base power values to them as well? I know the ones that have them only have them because they were specifically given them in the events where they were passed out, but I still think it might be nice to work out for other items as well. Probably a bunch of them wouldn't do much of anything special, but I feel like there could be some creative potential with some of these.

Everything else is looking good to me right now, though if I think of something that isn't occurring to me right now, I'll be sure to come back and say something.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #145
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I am fine with the currently proposed changes.

Mostly saying this to get things finalized since I plan on bringing Poochyena to next month's Raids and would like the boost to his Heart Container's health gains *shot*
Old 04-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #146
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Devil Horns
Effect: Boosts Fire and Dark type moves by 10%. The holder may not use the same attack consecutively, however.

Quote:
Honestly, I kind of like this line of thinking better than the one I proposed, which was suggested to me on discord. I think it could serve as a mirrored effect to the move Burning Jealousy, where burns are inflicted if the target raises its stats that round. Maybe with Devil Horn, that effect could compound where the holder’s attack/sp.atk are raised by 1 stage if the target receives a burn? This might need some balance testing for stacking/repetition abuse.
Okay, I have officially placed all of the proposed changes into effect. However, there is one topic still left unsorted. I would like to get your opinions on which direction we should go with for the Devil Horns.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #147
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Devil Horns as a burn specific Serene Grace. Damaging attack moves that have a chance of applying burn have the chance doubled. Keep the ‘torment’ hinderance for balance.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #148
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
wPlushies
Spoiler: show
Magical Delibird Plushie - Teaches TM Blizzard (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/.../delibird1.gif)
Magical Lapras Plushie - Teaches TM Ice Beam (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...es/lapras1.gif)
Magical Red Nosed Stantler Plushie - Teaches TM Flash
Magical Dragonair Plushie - Teaches TM Ice Punch (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...airplushie.gif)
Magical Gengar Plushie - Teaches TM Torment and TM Taunt
Magical Christmas Pyukumuku Plushie- Teaches TM Hail
Magical Fizzymas Delibird Plushie - Teaches TM Present
Magical Vanillite Plushie - Teaches TM Frost Breath
Magical Grinchleon Plushie - Teaches TM Camouflage
Black Persian Plushie - Teaches TM Shadow Claw (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ianplushie.gif)
Ekans Plushie - Teaches TM Bind
Ash Hat Pikachu Plushie - Teaches TM Thunderbolt
Shiny Umbreon Plushie - Teaches TM Dark Pulse
Shadow Arceus Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Illumina Meganium Plushie - Teaches XM Petal Dance
Shiny Unown B Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power Poison
Shiny Unown F Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power Rock
Unown P Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Unown W Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Unown Z Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Unown M Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Unown V Plushie - Teaches TM Hidden Power
Mightyena Plushie - Teaches TM Crunch and XM Lick
Golbat Plushie - Teaches TM Giga Drain and XM Super Fang
Dusclops Plushie - Teaches TM Nasty Plot and TM Zen Headbutt
Cacturne Plushie - Teaches XMs Cotton Spore and Arm Thrust
Clefable Plushie - Teaches XM Heart Swap and TM Magical Leaf
Kricketot Plushie - 2 Levels to Bug Pokemon when hugged
Murkrow Plushie - 2 Levels to Dark Pokemon when hugged
Gible Plushie - 2 Levels to Dragon Pokemon when hugged
Pachirisu Plushie - 2 Levels to Electric Pokemon when hugged
Makuhita Plushie - 2 Levels to Fighting Pokemon when hugged
Numel Plushie - 2 Levels to Fire Pokemon when hugged
Pidgey Plushie - 2 Levels to Flying Pokemon when hugged
Drifloon Plushie - 2 Levels to Ghost Pokemon when hugged
Seedot Plushie - 2 Levels to Grass Pokemon when hugged
Trapinch Plushie - 2 Levels to Ground Pokemon when hugged
Glalie Plushie - 2 Levels to Ice Pokemon when hugged
Rattata Plushie - 2 Levels to Normal Pokemon when hugged
Koffing Plushie - 2 Levels to Poison Pokemon when hugged
Ralts Plushie - 2 Levels to Psychic Pokemon when hugged
Sudowoodo Plushie - 2 Levels to Rock Pokemon when hugged
Magnezone Plushie - 2 Levels to Steel Pokemon when hugged
Seel Plushie - 2 Levels to Water Pokemon when hugged
Haunter Plushie - Teaches TM Payday.
Magical Snorunt Plushie - Gives $500
(http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...s/snorunt1.gif)
Elf Minun Plushie (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ies/minelf.gif)
Elf Plusle Plushie (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...es/pluself.gif)
Spheal Plushie - Teaches XM Ice Ball. (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ies/spheal.gif)
Miss Kiss Jynx Plushie - When you squoozle it, it will try to kiss anything near by with it's lips (may cause itching on kissed patch). Teaches XM Lovely Kiss
Luvdisc Plushie - Shoots heart arrows that… well, they don’t actually do anything, they just annoy the people that they hit. Teaches XM Sweet Kiss.
Eevee Plushie* - Pulses from Red to Blue to White and will Evolve into Eeveelution of One's Choice. State the Eeveelution name and it will evolve. It will still flash between the three colors. Teaches TM Flash
Smeargle Plushie* - Paints Replica of Famous Painting when Squeezed and Name of Painting is Said Aloud. Teaches XM Mirror Move
Shiny Corsola Plushie* - Screams "ONION DIP! ONION DIP!" Over and Over Again Annoyingly Loudly for 10 Straight Minutes When Squeezed. Teaches XM Uproar
Milotic Plushie- To be Added
Halloween Golbat Plushie- +2 Levels
Gardevoir Plushie- +2 Levels
Misdreavus Plushie- +2 Levels
Shedinja Plushie- +2 Levels
Absol Plushie- +2 Levels

Food and Drink
Glass of Egg Nog - Teaches TM Metronome (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/eggnog.gif)
Egg Nog Bonbon - Teaches TM Round
Grape Bonbon - Teaches TM Thunderbolt
Cinnamon Bonbon - Teaches TM Flamethrower
Pear Bonbon - Teaches TM Egg Move
Blackberry Bonbon - Teaches TM Ice Beam
Fig Bonbon - Teaches TM Blizzard
Cranberry Bonbon - Teaches TM Energy Ball
Mulled Wine Bonbon - Teaches TM Avalanche
Feather Candy - Gives 2 levels to Flying Pokemon, 1 to all other types
Earth Candy - Gives 2 levels to Ground Pokemon, 1 to all other types
Critter Candy - Gives 2 levels to Bug Pokemon, 1 to all other types
Rain Candy - Gives 2 levels to Water Pokemon, 1 to all other types
Chocolate Torchic - Teaches TM Fire Spin (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...atetorchic.gif)
Chocolate Buneary - Teaches XM Dizzy Punch (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...atebuneary.gif)
Chocolate Exeggcute- Teaches MT Seed Bomb (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...eexeggcute.gif)
Chocolate Chansey - Teaches TM Softboiled (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...atechansey.gif)
Chocolate Togepi- Teaches TM Metronome (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...latetogepi.gif)
Chocolate Pidove - Teaches XM Feather Dance (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...latepidove.gif)
Kebia Dog - Teaches XMs Aurora Beam and Ice Shard
Durin Tea- Teaches XMs Psybeam and Heal Pulse
Pecha Cobbler - Teaches XM Sweet Kiss and TM Draining Kiss
Payapa Salad- Teaches XMs Circle Throw and Quick Guard
Tamato Burger- Teaches XMs Flame Burst and Flame Wheel
Hardened Fruitcake - Teaches TM Fling
Mulled Berry Juice - Teaches TM Natural Gift
White Chocolate Egg - Gives 3 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ocolateegg.gif)
White Chocolate Berry - Gives 2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...olateberry.gif)
White Chocolate Candy - Gives 4 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...olatecandy.gif)
White Chocolate Pokéblock - This smooth and creamy white chocolate pokéblock will give your pokémon a 60 point stat boost in Cuteness, making them ever so adorabibble ^^ (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...epokeblock.gif)
Chocolate Berry - Gives 1 Level (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...olateberry.gif)
Chocolate Egg - Gives 2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ocolateegg.gif)
Chocolate Candy - Gives 3 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...olatecandy.gif)
Chocolate Milkshake - Teaches Egg/MT Move (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...emilkshake.gif)
Chocolate Pokéblock - will raise your Pokémon's Cute Stats by 40 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...epokeblock.gif)
Chocolate Memory Berry - when eaten by your Pokémon, will allow it to pluck information from its own DNA to help it relearn four moves it has forgotten through evolution, or to learn four egg moves it wasn't born with. In some instances, your Pokémon may even learn a combination of Relearned and Egg Moves (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...emoryberry.gif)
Chocolate Heaven - This slice of Chocolate Heaven Birthday Cake is wrapped in star-decorated tissue paper. Made from milk chocolate, with chocolate flavoured buttercream, it has a thick helping of white chocolate icing. This cake has a sublime flavour which melts in the mouth, leaving you wanting more and more. When a pokémon eats this slice of cake they will feel stronger, gaining 1 level. But that's not all, they will also learn Swift!
Piece of Chocolate Cake - Gives 2 levels to a Pokemon when eaten
Piece of Vanilla Cake - Gives 2 levels to a Pokemon when eaten
Piece of Blueberry Cake - Gives 2 levels to a Pokemon when eaten
Piece of Devil's Food Cake - Raises Pokemon 3 Levels when eaten
Piece of Red Velvet Cake - Raises Pokemon 3 Levels when eaten
Piece of Carrot Cake - Raises Pokemon 3 Levels when eaten
Piece of Lemon Drizzle Cake - Raises Pokemon 3 Levels when eaten
Cranberry - Gives 2 Levels (http://upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/cranberry.gif)
Cranberry Juice - Teaches Egg/MT Move (http://upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/item...berryjuice.gif)
Cranberry Pokéblock - Raise two contest stats of your choice by 20, but please be sure the stats you are choosing are compatible with your Pokémon's Nature (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ypokeblock.gif)
Cranberry Memory Berry - When eaten by your Pokémon, the Cranberry Memory Berry will allow it to pluck information from its own DNA to help it relearn four moves it has forgotten through evolution, or to learn four random egg moves it wasn't born with. In some instances, your Pokémon may even learn a combination of Relearned and Egg Moves! Magikz! (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...emoryberry.gif)
Love Berry - Gain 2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/.../loveberry.gif)
Passion Pokéblock - Raise Cute and Beauty Stats by 20 points
Halloween Candy - Any normal Pokémon tasting this delicious treat will raise the usual one level gained by any rare candy, but Ghost and Dark Types will receive two levels while a Ghost/Dark DUAL type will receive four levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...oweencandy.gif)
Valentine's Candy - Gives 2 levels to a Pokémon with full Beauty Points from the Salon, but one level to any other Pokémon. If banked, is worth the equivalent to a regular rare candy (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ntinecandy.gif)
Blackberry Poffin -This Poffin will give your pokémon different stat raises according to their type. For Dark types, their Tough stats will be raised by 30 points (Sour). And for Ghost types, their Smart stats will be raised by 30 points (Bitter) (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...errypoffin.gif)
Pumpkin Cupcake - Gives 2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...kincupcake.gif)
Pumpkin Memory Berry - When eaten by your Pokémon, will allow it to pluck information from its own DNA to help it relearn four moves it has forgotten through evolution or to learn four random egg moves it wasn't born with. In some instances, your Pokémon may even learn a combination of Relearned and Egg Moves (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...emoryberry.gif)
Roasted Chestnut - Gives 3 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...edchestnut.gif)
Chestnut Pokeblock - Will raise tough stats by + 30 points (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...tpokeblock.gif)
Hot Cross Bun - Gives 3 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...otcrossbun.gif)
Christmas Candy - Raises Ice Types by 2 Levels, 1 to all other types (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/xmascandy.gif)
Traditional Rum-Infused Christmas Pudding - Raises one Pokemon by 3 Levels
Gingerbread Men - Raises all Contest Stats of one Pokemon by +20
Egg Nog Cupcakes - Raises I.Q of one Pokemon by 5
Cinnamon Cupcakes - Raises I.Q of one Pokemon by 10
Chocolate Orange Dome Cake - Allows one Pokemon to relearn 4 moves/learn 4 new Egg Moves
Brandy Mince Pies - Allows one Pokemon to learn 2 New Egg/MT Moves
Cognac Mince Pies - Allows one Pokemon to learn 4 MT Moves
White Chocolate Yule Log - Teaches Blizzard to one Pokemon
White Chocolate Yule Log(2) -Teaches TM Hail and TM Frost Breath
Mince Pie - +2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/mincepie.gif)
Chocolate Coins - Worth $500
Fizzy Cola - Gives 2 Levels (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/fizzycola.gif)
A Bottle of Vintage 1984 Fizzy Bubbles - Let One of your Pokemon take a swig of this and if by magic the gentle summer taste that flows from the bottle grants them 3 levels that will make them very happy...or that might be the alcohol, i'm not so sure, but they'll be happy nonetheless. (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...zzybubbles.gif)
Large Ghoulish Gobstopper - +6 levels, +6 Egg or MT Moves, +6 IQ stats
Ghostly Gumdrop - +1 TM
Large Skull Candy - +3 levels and +3 Egg or MT Moves
Pumpkin Cupcake - Raises IQ stat by 2, and 2 contest stats by 20 each
Liquorice Spider - +1 MT Move
Beignet - +5 Bond
Dog Treat - +10 Bond and +5 Level to Growlithe, Snubbull, Smeargle, Houndour, Poochyena, Electrike, Absol, Riolu, Lillipup, Furfrou, Swirlix, Rockruff, Yamper, Fidough, Maschiff, or Greavard Lines. +5 Bond and +1 Levels for all other Pokemon.(https://image.ibb.co/cHvB87/Lunar_Bone.png)
Rice Cake - +1 Level
Zongzi – A sweet rice dumpling! Inside could be anything, from peanuts to taro to red bean paste and more. If fed to one of your Pokemon, it will learn an egg or tutor move!
Hongbao – A red envelope with $500 inside
Tray of Jiaozi - Including one special dumpling that will teach a Pokemon a natural EM or MT move upon consumption!
Pumpkin Spice Malasada- A famous Alolan Malasada with a touch of Pumpkin Spice! If fed to one of your Pokemon, it will learn an egg or tutor move (natural) of your choice
Marshmallow - +5 Bond
Hot Chocolate-Flavored Marshmallow - +5 Bond
Rare Candy Cane - Same as Rare Candy
New Year's Candy - Same as Rare Candy
Springtide Chocolate Rare Candy - Same as Rare Candy
Easter Chocolate Candy - Same as Rare Candy

Tarot Cards
Death Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches XM Perish Song, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
Judgement Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches TM Curse, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
The Sun Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches TM Will-O-Wisp, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
The Moon Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches XM Moonlight, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
The Star Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches XM Wish, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
The World Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to relearn a forgotten move, teaches TM Cosmic Power, and allows the Pokemon to learn a new Egg/MT move
Temperence Tarot Card – Can be used by a single Pokemon to learn a new Egg Move, Teaches XM Punishment, and also allows them to Learn a new MT Move
Wheel of Fortune Tarot Card – Can be used by a single Pokemon to learn a new Egg Move, Teaches TM Metronome, and also allows them to Learn a new MT Move
Justice Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to learn a new Egg Move, Teaches the TM Destiny Bond, and also allows them to Learn a new MT Move
The Lovers Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to learn a new Egg Move, Teaches XM Move Heart Swap, and also allows them to Learn a new MT Move
The Hanged Man Tarot Card - Can be used by a single Pokemon to learn a new Egg Move, Teaches XM Move Wring Out, and also allows them to Learn a new MT Move

Floral
Bouquet of Red Roses – Its sweet scent has special properties, when inhaled Fire or Ground Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Attract
Bouquet of White Lilies – Its invigorating scent has special properties, when inhaled Water or Ice Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Captivate
Bouquet of Yellow Carnations – Its refreshing scent has special properties, when inhaled Electric or Grass Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Softboiled
Bouquet of Pink Tulips – Its calming scent has special properties, when inhaled Normal or Flying Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Calm Mind
Bouquet of Purple Orchids – Its bold scent has special properties, when inhaled Ghost or Psychic Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Swagger
Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath - Its surprisingly pungent scent has special properties, when Inhaled Bug or Fairy Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Return
Bouquet of Violet Bulbous Iris - Its musty aroma has special properties, when inhaled Poison or Dark Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Retaliate
Bouquet of Orange Poppies - Its mysterious alluring scent that cannot be described has special properties, when inhaled Steel or Rock Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Sleep Talk
Bouquet of Blue Hydrangeas - Its smell differs from person to person, being rotten or sweet but it has special properties, when inhaled Dragon or Fighting Types gain 3 levels, and any Pokemon will learn TM Facade

Miscellaneous
Conker - Don't know what a Conker is, ask your fellow english member and they'll tell you, but this is FB and a Conker will do something in this world and what does it do you ask, well I'll tell you:
One use per battle, This special coated Conker will never break and is great for those tough games, but if you use it in battle and hit your opponent over the head it will daze them for a few seconds giving you time to unleash a great attack. Hitting a smaller Pokemon will daze them for longer, but hitting a hard headed or bigger Pokemon than your own will not daze as much or not at all (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/conker.gif)
Fizzytopian Essence- Singular Use. When used to breed, will produce the Fizzytopian Form of said Pokemon.
Eerie Stone - Allows a Pokémon to evolve in lieu of their required elemental stone
Bag of Love Powder - Give this to one Female and one Male Pokemon and sprinkle it on top of them and BAM the power of Love gives them 3 levels each
Bea5t Ball - Beast Ball Replica
2016 Engraved Pokecon Pokeball - Gold plated with a black base and ruby centre (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...econ16ball.gif)
2017 New Year Popper - When popped over one of your pokemon the magical streamers will grant +2 levels to said Pokemon (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...2017popper.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2017 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ewyearball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2016 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/2016ball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2012 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ewyearball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2011 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ewyearball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2010 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ewyearball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2009 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/2009ball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2008 (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/2008ball.gif)
New Year’s Ball 2006 - When Enlarged will ignite the Rope and when a Pokemon is captured it will set a Firework off into the skies and a nice little 2006 display will pour through the Sky (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/2006ball.gif)
Bottle of 'Eau de Bellossom' Perfume - This aroma is derived from the petals on a Bellossom's head. It has a beautiful sweet and fruity aroma and when sprayed onto a beloved Pokémon, they will begin to relax and feel a wave of serenity pass over them. This sensation allows them to learn TM Sweet Scent.
Silver Star- Teaches XM Wish
Super Instant Boil Volcanion Tea Kettle - Teaches TM Scald
Special Ultra Bendy Rayquaza Flashlight - Teaches TM Dragon Pulse
Glitter Bauble - Filled with 2 Big Pearls (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/bigpearl.gif)
Holly Sprig - With 2x Clear Gummis
Gold Coins - Worth 300$ each
Shiny Golden Egg Statuettes - Worth 225$ each
Piles of Soot - Worth 175$ each
Silver Scales - Worth 350$ each
Small Nuggets - Worth 350$ each
Copper Coins - Worth 75$ each
Lumps of Coal - Worth 450$ each
Collectible Stickers - Worth 175$ each
Ornate Glassblown Ornament - Can be cashed in for $500
Chilly Token - Can be used at the Gacha Shop in lieu of payment for a Chilly Capsule
Fashion Case (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/...ashioncase.gif)
Heart Necklace Accessory - A pretty pink crystal necklace that will make any Pokemon look fabulous when worn
Star Shades Accessory - Funky golden star-shaped shades will bring a funky style to your Pokemon when worn
Moon Tiara Accessory - A silver and pearl Moon-shaped tiara will bring out the Princess in your Pokemon when worn
Love Love Luvdisc candy dispenser which has chocolate hearts in it (keep out of reach of children)
Party Popper - Goes POP when used
Tractor
Miltank Balloon*
Whistle*

Mod Notes:
-We added moves or effects to all of the plushies. Togepi Plushie was created for Fairy-type Pokemon
-We want things to be balanced and interesting at the same tie
-Bouquets were fleshed out and added by the mod team
-Tarot Cards need heavy work and are missing half the Major Arcana
-We made some changes that were only able to work for certain Pokemon, so now they work for all Pokemon.
-All items that give levels are not considered Rare Candies, even if they have Candy in the name. We wish to try and preserve the economy. Items are only considered such if explicitly stated.

We will be discussing other items listed in the custom items thread at a later time since they do need reworked. We would like the list above discussed by the community.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 01-07-2023 at 10:22 AM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:59 PM   #149
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
There is an issue with:
Pear Bonbon - Teaches TM Egg Move

The type plushies should give some benefit to any Pokemon hugging them, with more benefit to Pokemon of the specific type, rather than being locked to a single type. Even if it's +1 level to offtype Pokemon and +3 to Pokemon of that declared type.

Making things that give levels and aren't rare candies unbankable as rare candies just means the 10 Candy limit no longer exists because those don't count to it. Make them untradeable? We all know that's a terrible idea. Make them count towards the 10 Candy limit? Sounds like Rare Candies with extra steps.

For doubled up names like the Chocolate Cake, one needs to be renamed

Memory Berries need some clarification. There are no moves forgotten by evolution anymore. Does it just qualify for relearner moves? Does it let a Pokemon learn moves from a higher evolution in its line if it wants to? Would it even be an issue if we allowed that (with universal TMs, are even things like Eeveeloutions an issue with allowing that? I don't believe so myself).

Make Fizzy Essence just a non consumable Incense and call it a day. These are forms native to the region we are in, there is no lore or game mechanic justification to make them so much harder to get your hands on than their forms from other regions.

Remove mention of gender from Love Powder.

Cholly Token is useless without the old gacha shop

Speaking of the old gacha shop, I have a Grubbin Plushie and a Jellicent Pencil Topper from back then, which may as well be included in the list

Just initial thoughts
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #150
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Speaking of the old gacha shop, I have a Grubbin Plushie and a Jellicent Pencil Topper from back then, which may as well be included in the list
As the one who compiled most of the list and not wanting to create more work for myself, if we include the Castform Shop items then that's a lot of extra things to add. Personally I'm of the opinion that not everything has to have a practical use and some can just exist for RP flavor. Partly why I didn't bother putting in my other Shiny Corsola plushie prize from winning a Tough Contest or the Cruise Ship Corsola-themed memorabilia since I'd rather those just remain as unique souvenirs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development