★★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 500 HP
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 500 HP
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP

The cacophony of barks and howls surrounding Fizzy Power Co. were nothing new to the workers inside, what with the small pack the Leader called his own, but with three new voices added into the mix, it was a sight to be seen. One the freshly Dynamaxed boss Chandelure could only stare down at in confusion. Was this not a power plant? The boss looked back and forth between the dogs and the reactors for a moment before deciding it didn't matter, and flared up the flames atop its body and arms in defiance before the racket below could summon any more pups to fight against it.

Dynamax Initiative: Missingno. Master, Houndoom.
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, October 10th to place your order.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
Sneaze
Mrow?

Howl (0 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 10-07-2021, 05:44 PM   #3
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*Sheik glances a little jealously at all the surrounding Evolved species members before SNARLing (55 BP) at the opponent*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The time had finally come. The fabled Doom Pack rose up at last, uniting to tackle a common enemy. Three Houndoom and a singular Shiny Houndour, all of them had turned up to tackle this massive light fixture before things could get out of hand, and as things looked to be getting underway, Peeves noticed something right away- a glow coming from the Dynamax Band he held. "Huh. Seriously?" he murmured, eyeing the band. "Well, alright," he shrugged, managing to slip the band onto his wrist. Then, with that hand, he gripped Ruby's Poké Ball, held it out, aimed it right at the Houndoom...

...who deftly sidestepped the recall beam.

"What the-" Peeves muttered, not having expected this in the slightest. Taking aim, he tried again, and this time, Ruby rolled over to evade the beam. "Ruby, will you stop-" he began as he tried to withdraw the Houndoom again; this time, a nice, quick jump let her evade the beam. "For the love of- I'm trying to Dynamax you- will you hold still- Ruby, what in the name of the balls on Ash Ketchum's belt-"

"STOP!" Ruby barked at long last after dodging the recall beam for the ninth time.

"...You do realize I'm trying to Dynamax you, right?" Peeves pointed out, using his free hand to point to the Wishing Star in the Dynamax Band he wore, which was aglow with Dynamax Energy. "That's a good thing. Haven't you ever seen any of the raid battles Diana Macks has covered on the TV news?"

"I know what you're trying to do," responded Ruby, sounding uncharacteristically serious. "But look." And Peeves followed her gaze, seeing the Shiny Houndour. And more to the point, seeing the look of slight jealousy said Houndour bore at the sight of her evolved forms before she went into a Snarl attack against Chandelure.

"...Oh," Peeves murmured, his singular eyebrow rising. He let the hand clutching Ruby's Poké Ball fall to his side.

"Now do you see?" Ruby murmured back. "She should be the one to Dynamax. Not me. She needs a chance to prove she belongs among the Doom Pack, and I would not deprive her."

"I'm still not sure I get this Doom Pack deal," shrugged Peeves. "But this at least I can understand." He slipped the Dynamax Band back off his wrist, and casually tossed it and the Poké Ball back into his stomach mouth. "Heh," he chuckled. "Swear to Arceus, if this makes me Dynamax- Ruby, I'm joking, I'm joking," he added hastily at the glare he was getting from the Houndoom.

"...Right," nodded Ruby, turning her attention back to the battle. "So what now?"

"Well, what now is we attack," said Peeves. "And by we, I apparently mean you. Doom Pack. Right. I'm guessing we're thinking physical move, after that Howl," he continued.

"Naturally," nodded Ruby. "Damn, I wish I knew Crunch..."

"I'm frankly amazed you still haven't been able to learn it yet," stated Peeves. "Ah, well. I guess Feint Attack will have to do, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan," agreed Ruby, before rushing in to strike the Chandelure.

OOC: Ruby used Feint Attack (60 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-07-2021 at 08:22 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:45 AM   #5
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Dark Pulse 80 BP

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:02 PM   #6
Sneaze
Mrow?

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 87%

Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Max Phantasm (140 BP)
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP
  • Houndoom's Defense fell!
  • Houndour's Defense fell!
Skitter Smack (70 BP)
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 395 HP
  • Houndoom's Special Attack fell!
Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 395 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, SpAtk -1]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]

A quick Howl starts the raiders off, boosting the Attack of the lot. What follows is a salvo of Dark attacks for some decent early damage before the boss gets its turn. A Max Phantasm strikes one of the Houndooms, lowering the Defense of them all, before a Skitter Smack comes out to strike another, lowering its Special Attack. With stats altered all around, things start off fairly heated.

Dynamax Initiative: Sneaze, Houndoom.
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Thursday, October 21st to place your order.

Last edited by Sneaze; 10-18-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #7
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Using FOUL PLAY! ( 95 BP )

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 10-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Huh," Ruby frowned, tilting her head. Their combined efforts thus far had dealt considerable damage to Chandelure, but Keith's Houndoom seemed... unsatisfied with the results, somehow.

Peeves tilted his head. The Dusknoir didn't exactly see the problem here- he too had bore witness to the considerable damage that they had inflicted upon Chandelure thus far. "Something wrong, Ruby?" Peeves asked.

"Not... necessarily, just..." began the Houndoom uncertainly. "Why was I the only one to use a physical move? Howl powered up our Attack. Snarl I can understand, certainly, since that weakens Chandelure's attacks, I absolutely can understand that one, but... what was the idea with the Dark Pulse? Surely Bite or Feint Attack would have been stronger with the boost we all received from the Howl"

"I'm not sure," shrugged Peeves. "I feel like some people just... underestimate the value of boosts like that." Indeed, as though to drive the point home, he had no idea that, some distance away, in another Power Spot, this exact manner of misunderstanding resulted in a woefully not very effective Max Starfall striking a Gigantamax Garbodor directly as opposed to chip away at an expected shield. Though make no mistake, he was gonna hear all about that later on.

"It would seem so," concurred the Houndoom. Now, however, her mind already appeared to have gone elsewhere; she could now be seen glancing anxiously around at her fellow Doom Pack members. "...damn it," she sighed upon spotting one of the Trainers in particular.

"Well, now what?" asked Peeves, raising his one and only eyebrow. Once again, he didn't see the problem here.

"It still hasn't yet gone to the young one," murmured Ruby, turning her glance to the Shiny Houndour once more.

"What hasn't- ah," nodded the Dusknoir as he looked around, and in an instant, also realized exactly what Ruby was talking about; the Dynamax Energy. It had slipped free of the Dynamax Band the Dusknoir was packing, and was now presenting itself to another Trainer. And that another Trainer was not the Trainer of the Shiny Houndour. "Well, I mean, it keeps moving from person to person," he said reasonably. "Surely it's just a matter of time, right?" he shrugged.

"It had better be," growled Ruby, looking back over at the Trainer who had just received the Dynamax Energy.

"...ooookaaay, then," Peeves murmured. "So... Ruby? The battle? Can we focus?" He hoped very dearly he wasn't going to have to stop Ruby from attacking an ally, and yet, he had the sinking feeling that if anyone other than this Shiny Houndour Dynamaxed in this raid battle, then that's just what he would have to do.

"...right. Yes," nodded Ruby, and to Peeves's relief, the Houndoom turned her attention back to Chandelure. "Well... I see no reason to simply repeat what I did last time," she shrugged.

"So, Feint Attack, then?" said Peeves. "Makes sense to me. Alrighty, then- have at it," he shrugged, gesturing to the Chandelure. And just like that, Ruby was off once more.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:26 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

FOUL PLAY (95 BP)
Old 06-29-2022, 04:03 PM   #10
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The droplets falling gently down on the terrain

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 67%
Shields Up: 3

Attack 1: Max Flutterby (120 BP)

Prof. Enigma, Houndoom: 215 HP
The raiders' special attack fell!

Attack 2: Safeguard (- BP)

Chandelure is covered by a veil!

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1]
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 215 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, SpAtk -2]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1]

The infernal chandelier hovers above the group as the battling canines rush forth with their next volley of assaults, as a deep howl in the distance, seemingly spectating members of the Doom Pack embolden the group. Utilising their physical force one of the Houndoom capitalises on the spectre's own might with a Foul Play, striking for fierce damage as the one by the Dusknoir forces it to shields, of which the Houndour shatters. The fourth member steps back, seemingly to deter the rest of the pack from approaching, and thus does not actively assault the dynamaxed pokemon.

Chandelure does not take this as an insult, but still punishes the group for its insolence by slapping the lead Houndoom with a Max Flutterby before shielding itself further with a veil to block any status trickery, the Power Spot seeming to waver in its energy as the smaller shiny canine suddenly feels a great surge of strength.
Dynamax Initiative: lilboocorsola, Houndour.
  • You have until Friday, 1st July to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:34 PM   #11
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

"Seek out the sacred flames, and purify your sword in their heat. Only after your blade has been tempered by these three fires will it be fully imbued with the great power for which you search."

So were the mysterious words spoken by Impa to Link following the first fateful fight against the "Shadowlord". In order to fully defeat the Calamity however, he and Fi needed to grow stronger together, as one.

Thus they had come to the Fizzy Power Co. plant, where of all places one of the flames was said to reside. Sheik had tailed along, in part due to duty of overseeing the hero's journey, but also to attend a gathering of the "shadow tribe". The other pack members were already present, prepared to face against an evil shadow spirit escaped from its seal into the world. Seeing the other regal clan canines, the pup felt a familiar pang of inferiority, still lacking command over the powers of light passed down by personal bloodline. Despite intense daily spiritual training, whatever deep ancestral secrets still somehow eluded.

As the battle progressed however, more of the mature mutts seemed to falter for some reason, and the only remaining ally grew increasingly aggravated at inaction. The biggened fireblight bore down, and Link courageously leapt forth with blade wielded between fangs to try and divert attention, singularly defending the other blue dog despite sheer difference in size - but was simply swatted aside by the chandelier's burning sweep. Sheik's teeth grit, determined not to let harm come to any more. Energy started to swell within, surrounding sapphire in magenta as Jess's Dynamax Band similarly glowed simultaneously. While it wasn't the will of the Goddess, this was something Sheik knew - to trust in technology and teamwork - as the two nodded to each other, ready to do whatever it took, to help protect in any way they could.

OoC - Dynamaxing and using MAX PHANTASM off of SHADOW BALL (80 BP).

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 08-28-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:56 AM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It seemed to take an eternity before things got rolling once again. Partly due to the sheer suspense of it all, but also partly due to one of the Trainers not actually giving his Houndoom a command. Ruby kept shooting irritated glances in that general direction, giving a couple of urgent barks to the Houndoom, trying to spur her ally into action, but all ultimately to no avail, and the Chandelure attacked. To general surprise, it did not attack the Houndoom that had failed to strike, but instead the red-horned one, for no discernible reason. The Max Flutterby only hit that one Houndoom, but its effects were felt by all in the form of a universal Sp. Atk decrease. Which suited them fine, as far as Ruby was concerned- they were more concerned with physical attacks at the moment, anyway. Even if she didn't yet know how to use Crunch (which she made a mental note to try and pester Keith to rectify one of these days!), she still had options to work with here.

"OK, phew," Peeves remarked, for the Max Move seemed to be the worst they were seeing out of Chandelure this time around, and more to the point, he didn't have to try to stop Ruby from attacking an ally, especially since he wasn't entirely convinced he'd have been successful in such an endeavor. "So what's the move now, Ruby?"

Ruby did not answer just yet, glancing around intently. Then, she stopped, settling on one point, her gaze softening considerably. "Finally," she murmured. Peeves turned to look, and could see what this was about- at long last, the Shiny Houndour was in the process of being Dynamaxed. Ruby threw her head back, howling in triumph as the sole unevolved member of the Doom Pack seemingly grew to massive proportions. And then came a Max Move from their own side- the potent Max Phantasm. Peeves looked initially surprised at this- would Max Darkness not be stronger, coming from a Dark-type? Moreover, surely the base move behind that was Shadow Ball as opposed to a physical move, which would've made more sense, between the buff from Howl and the hindrance of Max Flutterby? But then, his eye widened as he registered the true intent behind the move, and he gave a small nod.

"...all right, I'm pretty sure I follow the logic there," Peeves admitted at last. "So, I take it the general plan is to keep doing what we've been doing?"

"Exactly," confirmed Ruby. "With our Special Attack reduced, our Attack bolstered, and more to the point, Chandelure's Defense dropped, the way ahead is clear."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Peeves chuckled. "Full Feint Attack ahead!" And Ruby barked loudly in what Peeves could only take for agreement with that sentiment, for as much as he couldn't understand that special type of barking, for lack of being a Houndour or Houndoom himself, the way Ruby subsequently launched into the agreed-upon Feint Attack spoke volumes in and of itself.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:25 PM   #13
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 67%
Status: Safeguarded (3 Turns Remaining) Def -1, SpAtk -1 Sp. Def -1

Attack 1: Clear Smog (50 BP)

Prof. Enigma, Houndoom: 182 HP
Houndoom's stats were reset!

Attack 2: Max Darkness (130 BP)

Sneaze, Houndoom: 513 HP
The raiders' special defence fell!

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1] (Dynamaxed: 2 Turns Remaining)
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 182 HP [Sp. Def -1]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1]

DQ Warnings:
Sniz
Prof. Enigma

With a hellish howl, the shiny Houndour grows to tremendous size as she dynamaxes, ready to commence the counter-assault, blasting through two of the shields as the one canine still paying attention strikes with another feint attack to shatter its final barrier, weakening the raid boss considerably. The inactivity of the other two dogs garners the attention of the oversized sentient furnishing who spits a clump of muck onto the face of the already injured one before hitting the other with a wave of darkness, seemingly to weaken the morale and resilience of its opponents.

• You have until Thursday, 7th July to place your order.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #14
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey From Doom Pack down to Doom Duo

MAX DARKNESS off of FOUL PLAY (95 BP)
Old 07-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

After landing a solid Feint Attack, Ruby grinned in a satisfied way, glancing around... said grin fading as she realized the other Houndoom present weren't doing anything. A look of incredulity came over Ruby's face, and as it became increasingly clear that her allies weren't going to do anything, she began barking at them, urgency in her tone, trying to compel them to act. And yet, nothing happened. Even as Chandelure began to take this as its cue to attack once more, Ruby barked viciously, snarling angrily at her allies, trying to spur them into action. In the stunned silence following Chandelure's Max Darkness, Ruby glared, then made to lunge at one of her own allies.

"Hey, whoa, Ruby, stop it!" Peeves exclaimed, floating in the Houndoom's path; Ruby's only response was to dart around Peeves and continue making her way to one of the Houndoom who had chosen not to act, teeth bared, horns beginning to take on a black aura as she prepared to dole out what she deemed to be fair and just Punishment for this perceived offense.

Ruby won't obey! Ruby used, instead, Punishmen-

"Ruby, will you quit it!" the Dusknoir practically bellowed, making a spectacular dive and grabbing ahold of his teammate. "What do you think you're-"

"Lemme at 'em!" Ruby snarled. "Those traitorous, cowardly pieces of-"

"Ruby, stop it!" Peeves interrupted. "I don't like their inaction any more than you do, but turning on them in the middle of battle is not going to help our situation!"

For a moment, Ruby said nothing, still growling, but second by second, the growls abated as Peeves's words sank in, making far too much sense for her to ignore. "I- I- I'm sorry, you're right, Peeves," she murmured, the energy she had begun to charge into her horns fizzling out at last. "It's just, I don't get it!" she exploded. "The big moment is at hand, and suddenly half of the Doom Pack stops fighting halfway through the battle for no discernible reason!"

"I'm sure they have their reasons," Peeves stated fairly. "And I'm willing to bet that if the reasons involved not wanting the battle to continue at all-"

"-they would have made that clear to us by now," Ruby finished, nodding. "All right. Fine. Well, we're not gonna stop, then. The little one's gotten her chance to Dynamax, and I for one refuse to allow it to go to waste."

"...tell me something," Peeves said after a moment. "Were you really gonna attack an ally if they had Dynamaxed instead of her?"

"Without hesitation and you wouldn't have been able to stop me," Ruby said without missing a beat.

"Yeesh..." Peeves muttered, the Dusknoir shuddering slightly. "Ooookay, not gonna think about that... Feint Attack?" he suggested.

Ruby nodded. "Feint Attack," she agreed, and once more she lunged. Just... thankfully, at the Chandelure this time, leaving Peeves to glance around nervously, hoping the rest of the Doom Pack would actually act this time around. He wasn't so sure he could hold Ruby back a second time...

Old 08-20-2022, 03:07 PM   #16
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 48%
Shields Up: 3
Status: Safeguarded (2 Turns Remaining) Def -1, SpAtk -1 Sp. Def -2

Attack 1: Solar Beam (120 BP)

Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 282 HP

Attack 2: Max Phantasm (140 BP)

Sneaze, Houndoom: 277 HP
The raiders' defence fell!

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 700 HP [Atk +1, Def -2, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1] (Dynamaxed: 1 Turn Remaining)
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 182 HP [Def -1, Sp. Def -1]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 282 HP [Atk +1, Def -2, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 277 HP [Atk +1, Def -2, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1]

DQ Warnings:
Sniz
Prof. Enigma

Big dark hit makes lamp set shields up, dog breaks one of them. Lamp responds with big green laser that hits one dog for piddly damage, follow phantasm does considerably more to the other dormant canid.

• You have until Monday, 22th Monthgust to place your order.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:42 PM   #17
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Crunch 80 BP

Old 08-28-2022, 11:54 AM   #18
Sneaze
Mrow?

Howl (0 BP)

Old 08-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
MAX DARKNESS off of FOUL PLAY (95 BP)
Old 08-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Peeves glanced around nervously at the rest of the Doom Pack. He considered himself grateful that none of them had Dynamaxed in the Houndour's stead, for if that had happened, he had the sickening feeling he wouldn't have been able to restrain Ruby from attacking them instead of the Chandelure. But now that they seemed to be refraining from taking any sort of action, well... he certainly hoped that wasn't going to be a recurring trend in this fight. Ruby wasn't easy for him to hold back when she was dead set on something. Type disadvantage and all that. If it had been Keith here, it might have been a different story, and even then, he wasn't fully convinced of that, either.

Thankfully, these concerns turned out to be baseless, as all the gathered canines worked together, complete with one of them giving a piercing Howl that roused the fighting spirit of all present, and put a confident smile back on Keith's Houndoom's face, all traces of frustration rapidly fading away. And Chandelure didn't even seem upset, either- almost as though it knew the general idea of why things went down the way they did. And with a gleam of dawning comprehension in her eyes, Ruby got it as well- a test of the Houndour's strength. A test that, in Ruby's eyes at least, the Shiny passed with flying colors. She gave several barks to her fellow Houndoom- the special kind of barking that only other Houndour and Houndoom could understand, but Peeves was willing to bet Pokédollars to Poffins that Ruby was conveying her new understanding of the situation and her apologies for her earlier behavior.

"Phew," Peeves remarked, miming the action of wiping sweat from his brow, even though he didn't actually sweat- it just felt right in the moment. "That, uh, was intense."

"Too right, it was," agreed Ruby. "Peeves, I'm sorry if I freaked you out earlier, by the way," she added. "Just, I take Doom Pack very seriously. So when I started thinking that the others weren't taking it seriously, y'know..." she trailed off there, but Peeves nodded understandingly.

"A real 'I'm surrounded by idiots' kind of moment, yeah?" the Dusknoir supplied.

"Heh. More or less," grinned the Houndoom. "Alright, dude, I'm thinking Feint Attack again, what about you?"

"Honestly, is my input even needed in this?" Peeves inquired. "You seem to know your stuff well enough."

"Needed? Not really. Wanted anyway? You bet," Ruby responded with a small smile. "I feel like I got it in me to be a leader rather than a follower, but I don't mind someone taking the helm, as it were. Especially someone like you or Keith."

"Heh... I appreciate that, Ruby," Peeves nodded with a grateful grin- having been the one to take Ruby for walks since she was just a hyperactive Houndour puppy, the two had formed quite the bond over the years. "Full Feint Attack ahead, then, I guess!" And with that, Ruby gave a booming bark before charging at Chandelure to deliver just that sort of blow.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-05-2022 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:16 PM   #21
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 28%
Status: Safeguarded (1 Turn Remaining) Def -2, SpAtk -1 Sp. Def -3

Attack 1: Max Flutterby (120 BP)

lilboocorsola, Houndour: 460 HP
The raiders' special attack fell!

Attack 2: Burning Jealousy (70 BP)

Houndour's Flash Fire raised the power of its fire moves!
Houndoom's Flash Fire raised the power of its fire moves!

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 329 HP [Atk +2, Def -2, Sp. Att -2, Sp. Def -1, Fired Up]
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 182 HP [ Att +1, Def -1, Sp. Att -1, Sp. Def -1, Fired Up]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 282 HP [Atk +2, Def -2, Sp. Att -2, Sp. Def -1, Fired Up]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 277 HP [Atk +2, Def -2, Sp. Att -2, Sp. Def -1, Fired Up]

DQ Warnings:
Sniz
Prof. Enigma

After a long and arduous battle with only two of the pokemon seemingly participating, to the competing Houndoom's increasing frustrations, the raid boss hovers above the group, watching them with only a trace of irritance upon its visage. It was a losing battle, and yet even with two of them the raiders were putting up a remarkable defence. The dynamaxed Houndour is about to begin its next assault when the raid boss raises its flames, seemingly beckoning the two to hold proverbial fire for just a brief moment.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

An all too familiar sound from behind emboldens the two stalwart fighters as the other members of the Doom Pack perk up and stand ready, their ignorance and weakness feigned for the younger member of their crew to test their strength. With a mighty howl, the group's power is amplified as the Chandelure gives a knowing bob, as though it too was in on the ploy the whole time, and with a triumphant assault the shiny canine blasts the shields apart, leaving its companion free to deliver a fierce blow! Chandelure of course is not going down so easily, and slams into the opposing dynamaxed pokemon with a familiar Flutterby, the Houndour taking it in stride despite the lowered defences, before Chandelure begins to simmer with envious flames and giving the group a congratulatory baptism of fire, ready to go down in a blaze of glory.

Dynamax Initiative: Expired.
  • You have until Friday, 2nd September to place your order.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:22 PM   #22
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Crunch 80 BP
Biting it off

Old 08-31-2022, 06:32 PM   #23
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chandelure started to attack, but when all was said and done, it didn't seem to be doing much that was of any actual concern. Sure, the Max Flutterby hurt, but the Houndour took it quite well, a fact that did not fail to impress, even as the whole pack experienced a decided decrease in Special Attack. And then for Chandelure's final move, it used... Burning Jealousy. On a pack of Houndour and Houndoom. Literally all of whom were packing (bad pun fully intended, not even sorry) Flash Fire. Oh, yeah- if it wasn't obvious before then, it was now- Chandelure wasn't even trying to fight them anymore. It saw its defeat as inevitable, and was bowing out as gracefully as a spooky sentient chandelier could be expected to bow. A surprising development, but not unwelcome.

This was the final round. Nobody was saying anything to that effect, and yet the fact was still evident to them all. It was as obvious as a Togekiss in a flock of Spearow. Chandelure was running perilously low on hit points, its Defense was in the toilet, and its multiple enemies had heightened Attack power, and a distinct type advantage. One more good hit from each of them would do it, and the trio of Houndoom were quick to act. Not to steal the glory from the young Shiny Houndour- rather, to ensure that she got the honor and privilege of landing the knockout blow. And this time there was no ambiguity about it, nothing for Ruby to misinterpret, she knew exactly what the deal was this time around. She didn't even wait for Peeves's input on the matter, but the Dusknoir didn't even mind at this point. Ruby had really grown the hell up, he couldn't help but realize. He still saw her the same as that young, excitable Houndour puppy with a penchant for pyrotechnic trickery and a mild crush on Meowth. And in many ways she still was that puppy (well, OK, minus the crush on Meowth, though at the very least the breakup had been mutual and amicable, and the two remained on good terms to this day). But this situation proved to Peeves that Ruby could stand up and take charge when the situation called for it.

As Ruby ran towards Chandelure to get in her final move, she glanced at the Shiny Houndour, gave a small yet unambiguously approving smile, and a nod. If there had been any ambiguity before as to whether the Doom Pack approved of this young one's inclusion, whether they believed her to be worthy, Ruby hoped this would stomp out any of that ambiguity right then and there. Though she didn't let this distract her from what she was doing, as she ran up to deliver one final Feint Attack. This plus the Crunch and Throat Chop from the other two would leave Chandelure wide open for a finishing blow, and nobody present had any doubt that their Houndour friend would make it a good one.

OOC: Ruby used Feint Attack (60 BP)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-05-2022 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:06 PM   #24
Sneaze
Mrow?

Throat Chop (80 BP)

Old 09-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #25
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

A final FOUL PLAY (95 BP) to fell the fiery foe