UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 04-02-2023, 04:50 PM   #201
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Missingno. Master - “I see...” Xien mutters, his pen dancing across the page as he records all of this information with laser focus. Maribel has seen shades of this throughout her journey here, but it seems that when something truly unknown is before the man, he’ll tune out everything else to study it.

Meanwhile, Kecleon continued to stay in-place, silently watching the only two humans it has likely seen since it spawned here. Maribel’s knowledge of it is not only of much interest to the king, it also gives her a valuable clue as to what their 252nd Pokemon is doing here—for normally, Kecleon are timid and shy, quick to turn invisible and hide the moment it’s approached or threatened.

This one, however, exhibits not just the opposite behavior, but no behavior at all! Thinking through her hunches, the Pokemon seems almost like the NPC in the other room—a stationary dummy, but for what? If it was simply to test battle or overworld mechanics, why not use an existing Pokemon?

The longer the two of them stare into the scintillating colors, the more Xien’s eyes narrow discerningly. Marking something down on the page, he turns to Maribel and speaks with intrigue coloring his voice, “I thought perhaps it was just coincidence, but I believe I’ve noticed something peculiar about this... Kecleon. Its colors... many of them remind me of places I’ve visited before.”

Pointing his pen toward the mystery Pokemon, his determined expression turns wistful as he recognizes the shifting color palettes before him, “the Forest Village where I grew up... the Silver Palace that housed the puzzle we just cleared... even the Sealed Shrine we had ventured through to reach this place. I believe this Pokemon is mimicking the colors of those locales when it changes type.”

That, at least, seems to be enough to convince him of what he needs to do next. Standing up with his book tucked under his arm, he pulls out a Pokeball and approaches Kecleon carefully, “we’ve come this far, and I imagine this Pokemon has been alone here for quite some time. I wish to learn everything I can about it, and so I will ask that it join us in our return to the castle!”

Before he can make good on that promise, however, Kecleon suddenly recoils, scales turning pure black as it all but disappears from sight! Confused, Xien doesn’t notice the cause until just a moment too late, when he finds his journal slipping from his grasp and onto the floor, splaying open on impact!

“Maribel! The writing!” he shouts, backing away from the book fearfully. Glancing down at the page, she finds it covered in a scramble of corrupted letters! As the seconds pass, the page fills up with more and more garbage characters, until it spills out from the confines of the paper and creates a mass upon the floor! A shadow creeps through the river of glitchy text, rising and forming a humanoid shape before the two ill-fated adventurers.

Instinctively drawing his sword, Xien steps between the figure and Maribel to shield her. Without a shred of hesitation he swings for the shadow’s neck, but as soon as his blade connects with the incorporeal mass, the king lets out a horrible scream and falls to his knees, clutching his head in agony before he falls over, out cold!

Whatever is happening now, Maribel can tell that this figure is hostile. Blobs of shadow are starting to rise from before the being’s feet, taking the form of Pokemon—though she cannot tell what at this moment, it’s clear that the only way to help Xien is to fight this thing off!

What will she do?
Xien was more than a little interested in Kecleon, listening intently to Maribel's explanation, taking in every word, taking diligent notes throughout it all. Learning about what to him was a completely unfamiliar new Pokémon was an experience he clearly relished. Maribel wasn't so different from him in that regard- finding new kinds of Pokémon was always an exciting moment for her.

Xien then pointed out something about the colors Kecleon had been cycling through- they seemed to correlate to various locations he'd been to in this land. Making up his mind, he produced a Poké Ball, and stated his intention to ask Kecleon to join them in their return to the castle. But then, almost as if in response to this, Kecleon turned pitch black, turning as invisible as it possibly could. "Kecleon?" Maribel murmured in concern. But moments later, Xien pointed out a rather larger problem- his journal slipped from his grasp and landed on the, uh, "floor", for lack of a better term. The pages, Maribel saw, were covered in a scrambled mess of corrupted letters, and filling up with more and more of them by the second! Maribel took a cautious step backwards as the terrifying torrent of text spilled off the pages and flowed freely on the ground. And then came a shadowy mass rising from the river of writing, forming a strange humanoid shape.

Xien acted fast, drawing his sword, shielding Maribel with his body. He swung his sword at the shadow's neck, but not only did this have no effect whatsoever, doing this only caused Xien to collapse to the ground, unconscious. "Xien!" shrieked Maribel.

"Chaaaaboka!?" Arbok exclaimed, stunned at what was going on.

"Weezing!" cried out Weezing, her heads exchanging horrified looks.

Maribel turned her attention back tot he shadowy figure. While she was never one to think ill of others, right now she'd seen enough to surmise that this being's intentions were decidedly malevolent. She tried to keep her eyes on this thing while also keeping an eye open for Kecleon's belly stripe, the one part of it that couldn't change color- even amidst this madness she found herself feeling concern for the Color Swap Pokémon, even though she was getting the feeling that the one programmed into this game was done so quite badly and incompletely. In any case, right now, the only way forward was to fight, and with that in mind, Maribel steeled her resolve. Now was absolutely not the time to turn and run- she couldn't just leave Xien and Kecleon here.

Shadowy blobs were rising from the ground just before the being's feet- clearly intended to be Pokémon, but as it was right now, Maribel couldn't identify them. "Arbok! Weezing!" Maribel called out.

The pair of Poison-types were freaked out, but hearing their Trainer calling them into action with such resolve seemed to strengthen their own resolve. "Chaaaaboka!" Arbok hissed, slithering forward.

"Weezing weez!" added Weezing, floating right in between Maribel and the shadowy beings.

But that wasn't all- Maribel dug her Rotom Phone out of her bag, who took one look at the shadowy beings before them all and involuntarily played a shrill ringtone in its shock. "What the-" Rotom exclaimed.

"That's what I want to know, too," Maribel murmured. "Arbok, use Glare on them both! Weezing, Guardian Terrain!" Then she held up her Rotom Phone. "OK, Rotom- analyze the opponents' shapes and identify what Pokémon they might be!"

"Eh, alright, I'll give it a shot," Rotom replied, before firing up the phone's camera.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #202
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Alilatias

Altaria and Swellow burst forth from their Pokeballs, looking around the indigo coloured night sky. It was a clear night, no signs of cloud coverage and the stars shining brightly and boldly above their heads. Despite the darkness of the night, you felt like the stars themselves were lighting your path... and you could not help but feel a certain comfort in that fact. Your Altaria looked for any sign of a civilization, a clue to your current whereabouts. Meanwhile, the Swellow simply looked for landmarks, things that could point you to a possible happening.

"Kraw!" A loud cry rang out, a flurry of black wings took to the sky. A flock of Murkrow were seemingly startled by something. Swellow quickly swirled around, going to the spot that the flock had taken off from. The large bird looked around, seeing a smoking pit in the Earth from which the birds had flown off. With a loud chirp and cry, you rushed towards your Pokemon, spotting what looked like a meteor fragment laying in the Earth --- scorched marks lining the grass from the massive impact site. You moved forward, wanting to touch the object.

"STOP!" A voice cried out, you leapt backwards in shock, seeing a young man rushing towards you. His garb wasn't quite modern, nor was his hairstyle. He looked like he had walked straight out of an old history book, one that had covered the ancient past of regions before. You took note of this, watching as he huffed and puffed a bit, seemingly having rushed to you after the object had hit the ground. "Get lost! I saw it first! I bet it has the crystal..." He started mumbling to himself, moving closer to the rock in the Earth. He reached his hand towards it, mumbling an obscenity as he touched the rock. It seemed that it had sprouted Spikes just after the man had chosen to touch it.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:42 PM   #203
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
Libraries came in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes you'd get a small wooden cubby erected on someone's lawn, other times you'd find yourself in a quaint little building lined with rows of bookshelves, and very rarely you'll be presented with a veritable archive spanning multiple floors and a dizzying array of literature to choose from. But all of those paled in comparison to the behemoth that Elijah had found himself in; impossibly ornate architecture setting the stage to what he could wager was every single book ever printed. He would have wondered who had dedicated themselves to constructing and filling out something this massive had he not been arguing with his own Pokédex over a reasonable safety concern.

And boy, was that Pokédex standing its ground. It was home to Ion, a Rotom—which was a ghost Pokémon that could somehow possess certain bits of technology that he hadn't heard of until he was given a shiny new phone along with the standard Fizzytopian trainer starter kit. Unfortunately, that Rotom seemed to have a reckless disregard for anything and everything at this present moment.

"Well, since you didn't want to get on that space shuttle—"

Elijah didn't even wait for Ion to finish before stating his concerns. "And turn myself into a pancake? Right after getting my license?"

An ethereal, electric sigh. "Whatever, man. As I was saying, since you didn't want to do that I've found us the next best thing!"

Elijah looked up from his Rotom Phone for a second. A library? It took him a second to realize what the correlation was between journeying into space and journeying into a taxpayer-funded institution.

"You want to read about it? I mean, I said I wanted to play it safe, but not that safe."

"Oh, it's more than just reading. You'll see." Ion winked.

The science section was strange. Yes, the science section. This library had so much that they somehow had the bright idea to combine fact and fiction into a single department. How anyone was able to trust anything from here was beyond Elijah. Nevertheless, he weaved between endless rows of books, their wildly chromatic spines providing something that was better to look at than the very dull and methodical decoration inside the wing—or lack thereof, rather. He'd been beginning to doubt if doing this was worth it when his phone buzzed in his hand, signaling that Ion wanted to get his attention.

"That one."

Elijah pored over the dark blue hardcover, the protective plastic that surrounded its dust jacket crinkling as he removed it from the shelf. That one? "The Chronicle of the Silvalten Empire", the book loudly proclaimed on its front cover in embossed lettering amidst a sea of stars. An ornate emblem adorned a planet that Elijah couldn't recognize, blocking the view of a distant galaxy. The emblem seemed intriguing, invoking some sort of Pokémon that he didn't recognize. The book strangely lacked an author as well; the cherry on top that made him wonder if he had picked up a sci-fi book or a mystery book—or even a sci-fi mystery book.

"...What makes you think I should read this one?" Elijah asked.

"Dunno. I just feel like we should."

"Okay, not sure why you're acting weird about this."

He walked over to the center of the room, where a series of receptacles jutted out from the floor. Strangely, there were no tables or chairs. Was this library supposed to be this hostile to people who just wanted to read for a bit?

"Put it there. Trust me on this one."

Elijah set down the book inside one of the receptacles. Was he supposed to be reading it there? "Um, I don't see why I couldn't just check it out—"

He jumped, eyes wide as the room was very suddenly flooded with a light so bright that it was threatening to outdo the fluorescent bulbs that stretched across the ceiling. A portal had opened directly in front of Elijah and Ion, beckoning them to cross into its enigmatic depths. Where it led wasn't obvious, but based on what had happened just prior to its appearance, it wasn't hard for him to guess after he recovered from the shock.

"Oh no, are you doing what I think you're doing?"

"Yep."

Ion smiled and darted out of Elijah's grasp, careening into the portal before he could even so much as blink. Gasping and realizing that he didn't really have much of a choice, he dove in after the wayward phone, silently hoping that whatever the "Silvalten Empire" was happened to be renowned for their hospitality.
As a new Trainer in Fizzytopian, you had been itching to get out and explore. Unfortunately for you, your Rotom, Ion, had decided that the best place to start was in a literal space colony, because the mystical force known as "chill" was apparently far beyond your electric companion. Thankfully, you had managed to talk them down from such a reckless first venture. And now, in pursuit of the "next-best thing," here you were in an absolute behemoth of a library, walking by a multitude of scientific texts that you were sure were a hapless mixture of fact and fiction, until Ion pointed one out to you in specific-The Chronicle of the Silvalten Empire.

Through much prolonged and suspicious wheedling, Ion got you to put the seemingly authorless text in one of the nearby receptacles, at which point a glowing portal sprang to life beside it. Ion ignored your protestations and zipped through, phone and all, leaving you with no choice but to quickly follow.

The moment you step through, you are greeted with a fantastical locale. A golden sky, reminiscent of a flowing field of wheat, stretches above you, peppered with familiar white clouds-at least the atmosphere was earthlike enough to survive in, a fact reinforced by the thin, shallow layer of water that coated the ground despite the bright, slightly greenish sun overhead. What was decidedly less earthlike was the makeup of the ground on which you stood. Glittering scarlet crystal plains, rough and uneven, picked with peculiar blue flowers, stretched out in all directions. In the distance, mesas rose from the ground, in hues of orange and yellow.

Taking further stock of your immediate surroundings revealed scattered groups of Boldore and Gigalith minding their business as Carbink milled about. In the skies, you saw brief streaks of color that you couldn't recognize, but seemed to be small Pokemon of some kind.

It was about then that you realized the portal you had come through had vanished. The only way out seemed to be through experiencing the story told within the pages.

Just as you turned to Ion to berate them for their reckless charge into the unknown, you heard a loud CRACK! Turning to face the source of the noise, you saw a large spacecraft had appeared in the skies. While you could make out the logo from the book's cover, marking the vessel as a Silvalten craft, it was a little hard to see, given the thin sheen of iridescent crystal that coated the craft's hull in its entirety.

More importantly, however, it was rapidly approaching your location, and quickly made to land. Shortly after it touched down, a hatch opened on the ship, and you could see a pair of figures making their way down the access ramp.

First among them was what looked like a strange wall mural, depicting a winding, grinning serpent in red, save for a purple eye that seemed to glow with an eerie light. Not long after you saw it, chunks of the mural broke away, though they remained connected to the main body by a wiry, spectral black body that reminded you of a Cofagrigus. Prompting Ion for an ID, you learn you're not far off-the Pokémon is Runerigus, a close relative of Cofagrigus native to the Galar region.

Still, just a pace or two behind Runerigus was what was no doubt an alien creature of some kind. While humanoid in shape, where skin would be was instead a purple crustacean shell, no doubt at least as tough as a Crustle's armor. It's head was likewise crablike, wide and largely flat, with Brady eyes at the edges and a mouth on the lower side. As the pair approach you, the crablike alien says something, but you cannot comprehend it. You point out your inability to understand, though you think the alien will just as likely not understand you. It seems you are correct, as they fiddle with a device on their suit, which now shines with a small blue light, before gesturing to you. Ion takes this as an invitation to continue speaking, and speaks up.

Once the alien's attention is on Ion, however, their expression tightens, and they sharply order something of the Runerigus beside them. Ion finds themselves suddenly forced out of your phone and unable to move, leaving you to rush forward to catch your phone before it can fall in the shallow water. Had that been Disable? However, upon seeing this result, the alien looks confused, and the Runerigus releases its hold. Ion promptly returns to your phone, and makes their displeasure known quite loudly, before the alien holds up a hand. Ion stops talking, and the alien speaks, now in perfect English.

"Are you both able to understand me now?" he asks in a distinctly masculine voice. You nod, your nerves still on edge. "Good. The LIT system can translate for us now, and I can push your linguistic data to the central banks. Allow me to extend my apologies to your companion for the rough first impression. I had believed them to be a victim of the Splicers, given its apparent combination with your device there, and such creatures tend to be aggressive. Still, I haven't seen a Pokémon like it in the galaxy-how is it able to combine with technology like that? And how is it that you arrived here, seemingly without a craft?" he says, before startling. "Ah, but I've forgotten my manners! I am Security Officer Tessel Gazami, of the SFT Spitfire. Might I ask your name, stranger?"

First contact sure is strange...how will you respond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:38 PM   #204
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
As a new Trainer in Fizzytopian, you had been itching to get out and explore. Unfortunately for you, your Rotom, Ion, had decided that the best place to start was in a literal space colony, because the mystical force known as "chill" was apparently far beyond your electric companion. Thankfully, you had managed to talk them down from such a reckless first venture. And now, in pursuit of the "next-best thing," here you were in an absolute behemoth of a library, walking by a multitude of scientific texts that you were sure were a hapless mixture of fact and fiction, until Ion pointed one out to you in specific-The Chronicle of the Silvalten Empire.

Through much prolonged and suspicious wheedling, Ion got you to put the seemingly authorless text in one of the nearby receptacles, at which point a glowing portal sprang to life beside it. Ion ignored your protestations and zipped through, phone and all, leaving you with no choice but to quickly follow.

The moment you step through, you are greeted with a fantastical locale. A golden sky, reminiscent of a flowing field of wheat, stretches above you, peppered with familiar white clouds-at least the atmosphere was earthlike enough to survive in, a fact reinforced by the thin, shallow layer of water that coated the ground despite the bright, slightly greenish sun overhead. What was decidedly less earthlike was the makeup of the ground on which you stood. Glittering scarlet crystal plains, rough and uneven, picked with peculiar blue flowers, stretched out in all directions. In the distance, mesas rose from the ground, in hues of orange and yellow.

Taking further stock of your immediate surroundings revealed scattered groups of Boldore and Gigalith minding their business as Carbink milled about. In the skies, you saw brief streaks of color that you couldn't recognize, but seemed to be small Pokemon of some kind.

It was about then that you realized the portal you had come through had vanished. The only way out seemed to be through experiencing the story told within the pages.

Just as you turned to Ion to berate them for their reckless charge into the unknown, you heard a loud CRACK! Turning to face the source of the noise, you saw a large spacecraft had appeared in the skies. While you could make out the logo from the book's cover, marking the vessel as a Silvalten craft, it was a little hard to see, given the thin sheen of iridescent crystal that coated the craft's hull in its entirety.

More importantly, however, it was rapidly approaching your location, and quickly made to land. Shortly after it touched down, a hatch opened on the ship, and you could see a pair of figures making their way down the access ramp.

First among them was what looked like a strange wall mural, depicting a winding, grinning serpent in red, save for a purple eye that seemed to glow with an eerie light. Not long after you saw it, chunks of the mural broke away, though they remained connected to the main body by a wiry, spectral black body that reminded you of a Cofagrigus. Prompting Ion for an ID, you learn you're not far off-the Pokémon is Runerigus, a close relative of Cofagrigus native to the Galar region.

Still, just a pace or two behind Runerigus was what was no doubt an alien creature of some kind. While humanoid in shape, where skin would be was instead a purple crustacean shell, no doubt at least as tough as a Crustle's armor. It's head was likewise crablike, wide and largely flat, with Brady eyes at the edges and a mouth on the lower side. As the pair approach you, the crablike alien says something, but you cannot comprehend it. You point out your inability to understand, though you think the alien will just as likely not understand you. It seems you are correct, as they fiddle with a device on their suit, which now shines with a small blue light, before gesturing to you. Ion takes this as an invitation to continue speaking, and speaks up.

Once the alien's attention is on Ion, however, their expression tightens, and they sharply order something of the Runerigus beside them. Ion finds themselves suddenly forced out of your phone and unable to move, leaving you to rush forward to catch your phone before it can fall in the shallow water. Had that been Disable? However, upon seeing this result, the alien looks confused, and the Runerigus releases its hold. Ion promptly returns to your phone, and makes their displeasure known quite loudly, before the alien holds up a hand. Ion stops talking, and the alien speaks, now in perfect English.

"Are you both able to understand me now?" he asks in a distinctly masculine voice. You nod, your nerves still on edge. "Good. The LIT system can translate for us now, and I can push your linguistic data to the central banks. Allow me to extend my apologies to your companion for the rough first impression. I had believed them to be a victim of the Splicers, given its apparent combination with your device there, and such creatures tend to be aggressive. Still, I haven't seen a Pokémon like it in the galaxy-how is it able to combine with technology like that? And how is it that you arrived here, seemingly without a craft?" he says, before startling. "Ah, but I've forgotten my manners! I am Security Officer Tessel Gazami, of the SFT Spitfire. Might I ask your name, stranger?"

First contact sure is strange...how will you respond?
True to form, Elijah was met with an alien landscape. Tan skies, crystalline landforms, and a thin layer of water (or at least he hoped it was water) coated what seemed like the entire planet; most of these were close to impossible to find back home. He turned back around just to make sure that he had a way back, and yep—the portal was gone and he was stuck here, a nightmarishly predictable scenario.

He sighed. "Well, it took you all of five seconds to trap us on a distant planet. What do we do now?"

"Well, it isn't exactly a distant planet," Ion quickly responded. "It's more like a distant planet in a—"

"In a book. I'm not oblivious, Ion."

"...Yeah, I'll make note of that. Anyway, that's the cool part about the Djinn's Archives! There's a reason why I kept it a surprise for ya. Think about all the books that you don't just read, but experience—"

"Look, I get what you're talking about, but we're still lost. I don't even know what those rock things in the distance even are. How do you expect me to experience anything when we can't even do anything?" Elijah was clearly tired of Ion's antics, frustratedly confronting him while gesticulating wildly.

"Dude, relax, you're not gonna have fun if you worry that much. Oh, and those are Carbinks. Rock and Fairy type. Funny little guys, they turn up in mines all the time around Kalos and Galar. They're kinda weak but can definitely take hits. Wanna catch one?"

"No, I'm not catching anything until I can figure out what we're supposed to be doing here. And what if they don't like it?"

"Don't like it? I—oh, right, you're probably one of those trainers," Ion said, finally making the connection that he cared a little too much about Pokémon rights. How stressful; he couldn't imagine how anyone could bear to suffer through holding that viewpoint. "Can I at least tell you what the other two are?"

"Boldore and Gigalith. I grew up in Unova, I know what those are."

"Ah, okay! Let me know if you—" An audible crack blared from the sky above, followed by the rather sudden appearance of a spacecraft. "—Whoa, hold on, ship incoming!"

"What incoming?!" Elijah turned in the direction that Ion was now facing, now aware of the spaceship that was quickly descending to the ground in front of them. It appeared to be coated in even more crystal, this time iridescent as opposed to the warm hues of the outcroppings jutting out from the ground. He could just about make out the same emblem that he had seen on the front of the book back in the library painted onto the ship through that crystal armor; probably the heraldry of the Silvalten. Once again he hoped for hospitality instead of being sentenced to death for being a weird pale fleshy creature that nobody had ever seen before.

The ship eventually landed, a hatch on its side opening and extending a ramp to help those on the ship disembark. Two figures emerged, one of them similar to a Crustle but decidedly more purple and without the characteristic rock that covered its back, and something that almost looked like a Cofagrigus if Elijah looked at it the right way, eschewing the sarcophagus for a strange, partitioned cave-painting motif.

"Uh, you know what's up with that Cofagrigus?" He asked, desperately trying to avoid the very real threat of the alien beside it.

"Oh, you mean the Runerigus? They grow up differently in Galar. Has an extra ground-type kick to them, which makes my electric attacks kinda useless on it. I wouldn't fight it though, it definitely looks like it's been through a lot. I wonder how it managed to evolve out here though. Legend has it that—"

"Okay, I think that's enough." Elijah stopped Ion's rambling before he got too out of hand. The crab-alien was attempting to speak to the duo, but they were speaking in a completely foreign language.

"I... please don't hurt us?" He asked before being scanned by the alien for whatever reason. Probably to size him up to determine if anyone was a threat or not, which he definitely wasn't. They gestured to him, probably as an invitation to start talking again.

Ion was quick to snap up that invitation before Elijah could. "Oh, hi! You don't seem to be a Pokémon. Are you here to probe us or—" He didn't get far before the Runerigus sent a wave of paralysis that overtook him, forcing him out of the phone and leaving Elijah to scramble towards the Rotom Phone before it smashed against the ground. The alien looked confused somehow, silently urging the Pokémon to reverse whatever it did to Ion, the latter eventually returning to the safety of the phone.

Ion was, to put it lightly, not happy. "Hey, buddy. I dunno if you know but where I'm from that's one hundred percent the fastest way to get someone to deck you in the face. Although you probably have a bit of an exoskeleton, so I don't think it's very easy to deck you in the face, but still—"

The crab-alien raised their claw in a bid to shut Ion up again. He did, but not without a few grumbles of "if anyone disables me again then they're getting what's coming to 'em." They introduced themselves as Tessel Gazami of the SFT Spitfire, speaking matter-of-factly about confusion with Splicers—a creature that, from the sound of it, he did not want to meet—and interrogating Elijah about who he was and what exactly brought him here.

"Elijah Smith. Um, I got roped into going to—uh, come to think of it... I'm not quite sure how I got here. A weird portal thing showed up and it put me here and I couldn't go back in again. Ended up in a completely different galaxy without really thinking if what you're saying is true. I'm just... lost. And underprepared too, I'm not even sure how I'm breathing right now..." And I'm scared, he thought, attempting to hide his fear of the unknown, although it wasn't hard to figure out with the somewhat stilted tone of his voice.

"And, for your information," Ion joined in, briefly continuing with his frustrated snark before dropping the attitude, "I'm a Rotom. This phone was custom built for me but I can hang out inside common appliances too. Super adaptable, too. Just, uh, you don't really need lawnmowers out here, do ya? If you even know what a lawnmower is. Pretty sure they don't make 'em like they do on Earth. Anyway, I promise ya that I'll stay in here unless our new Pokémon Trainer over here is ready to step up to the plate and fight his first battle."
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:56 PM   #205
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Alilatias

Altaria and Swellow burst forth from their Pokeballs, looking around the indigo coloured night sky. It was a clear night, no signs of cloud coverage and the stars shining brightly and boldly above their heads. Despite the darkness of the night, you felt like the stars themselves were lighting your path... and you could not help but feel a certain comfort in that fact. Your Altaria looked for any sign of a civilization, a clue to your current whereabouts. Meanwhile, the Swellow simply looked for landmarks, things that could point you to a possible happening.

"Kraw!" A loud cry rang out, a flurry of black wings took to the sky. A flock of Murkrow were seemingly startled by something. Swellow quickly swirled around, going to the spot that the flock had taken off from. The large bird looked around, seeing a smoking pit in the Earth from which the birds had flown off. With a loud chirp and cry, you rushed towards your Pokemon, spotting what looked like a meteor fragment laying in the Earth --- scorched marks lining the grass from the massive impact site. You moved forward, wanting to touch the object.

"STOP!" A voice cried out, you leapt backwards in shock, seeing a young man rushing towards you. His garb wasn't quite modern, nor was his hairstyle. He looked like he had walked straight out of an old history book, one that had covered the ancient past of regions before. You took note of this, watching as he huffed and puffed a bit, seemingly having rushed to you after the object had hit the ground. "Get lost! I saw it first! I bet it has the crystal..." He started mumbling to himself, moving closer to the rock in the Earth. He reached his hand towards it, mumbling an obscenity as he touched the rock. It seemed that it had sprouted Spikes just after the man had chosen to touch it.
Xatu, still perched atop Lunatone, channeled her thoughts on the situation. They weren't useful thoughts, however. "None of us saw this descend, but this appears to be recent enough that it may have fallen shortly before our arrival. I possess no knowledge of this type of situation, other than the idea that whatever object this is may be a Pokemon that I am unfamiliar with. Simple rocks don't spontaneously sprout spikes the moment something touches it, unless this is something truly unknown to this world. However..."

Lunatone began to float towards the spiky object. Out of everyone in the party, it would obviously have the highest chance of recognizing whatever this was, assuming it was something that fell out of the sky. If this object was indeed a Pokemon, it might be open to parley with another being of the skies from beyond this world.

No one in the party had any real answer to the spikes other than outright attacking the object, as far as Saito was aware, so he could only wait to see if Lunatone would be any successful on that front. He turned to the man that arrived, wondering if he was okay. "Are you alright there? In my experience, it's usually better to nudge something unknown with a kick rather than outright touching it first. Or a big stick."

Swellow and Altaria had landed at this point, likely unable to discern anything else nearby, besides the object that they could only awkwardly flap over if they were to attempt to inspect it themselves.

Saito continued, "We're here looking for something we probably won't find anytime soon, and this obviously isn't it. But what's this crystal you're talking about, and where are you from? Even knowing about these things might be a clue to our search, and I might help you find this crystal." He glances back towards the object or Pokemon within the scorched impact crater on the ground. "If whatever that is doesn't have it."
Old 04-05-2023, 01:54 PM   #206
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Mewtwo The walls kept tumbling down

KingSalmon-

You and your team gather your bearings after the sudden shake. Looking around, you notice that the cave-in only had one path forwards. That was... dangerous, wasn't it? At the very least you were unharmed, due to your survival instincts kicking in. So, what really was the matter here? You had a bad feeling in your gut as your sent out your Tinkatink. She would be there to clear the rubble, luckily.

Deciding to peek under the sheet, you don't like what you see. You can identify it as a body, but... not in a really describable state. More like... a mess. Yet, you do notice something attached. An ID Badge seems to be left intact. From the looks of it, it was almost definitely caused by a psychic assault from the escaped Mewtwo. So, without even thinking, you grab the ID Badge. While it didn't feel great, you had a feeling it would help you out in escaping here and tacking down your prize.

Heading down the path that was laid out before you, you enter a room. There was some rubble your Tinkatink easily swept away, and you think you see the stairwell that you had come up through. Though, you notice something else. A glowing pair of red eyes in the same direction. It was one of the Rhydon statues, and you knew it. Looking to your right, you see a glowing screen.

Looking at closer inspection, you notice it was an ID Card reader. That felt... oddly convenient. It felt safer than trying to go past that statue that was still boring its gaze into you. Even so, the entire floor felt... off.

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-13-2023 at 02:42 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:46 AM   #207
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
KingSalmon-

You and your team gather your bearings after the sudden shake. Looking around, you notice that the cave-in only had one path forwards. That was... dangerous, wasn't it? At the very least you were unharmed, due to your survival instincts kicking in. So, what really was the matter here? You had a bad feeling in your gut as your sent out your Tinkatink. She would be there to clear the rubble, luckily.

Deciding to peek under the sheet, you don't like what you see. You can identify it as a body, but... not in a really describable state. More like... a mess. Yet, you do notice something attached. An ID Badge seems to be left intact. From the looks of it, it was almost definitely caused by a psychic assault from the escaped Mewtwo. So, without even thinking, you grab the ID Badge. While it didn't feel great, you had a feeling it would help you out in escaping here and tacking down your prize.

Heading down the path that was laid out before you, you enter a room. There was some rubble your Tinkatink easily swept away, and you think you see the stairwell that you had come up through. Though, you notice something else. A glowing pair of red eyes in the same direction. It was one of the Rhydon statues, and you knew it. Looking to your right, you see a glowing screen.

Looking at closer inspection, you notice it was an ID Card reader. That felt... oddly convenient. It felt safer than trying to go past that statue that was still boring its gaze into you. Even so, the entire floor felt... off.

What do you do?
"Gustav, keep Mindy company," Arne said as he prepared to remove the white cloth. Mindy was still very much a newborn, and Arne wanted to spare her any potentially traumatic situations. Good thing he did.

"Gods..."

That might have been a body once. Or perhaps it never resembled one, considering the catastrophe had only happened recently - whatever force had twisted the poor human into... this... was beyond his comprehension. Had he made his last mistake in choosing to come here? He forced himself to focus and retrieved the only thing of interest among the heap of flesh and bones, a miraculously pristine ID card. And with that, only one remaining option presented itself.

Arne, Gustav and Mindy pushed on, down the single path available to them. The Tinkatink seemed mostly oblivious to the whole situation, merrily skipping along and just happy to be of help to her new family. Gustav, in turn, had gomne back to wearing the same expression he almost always did - whether he was scared, or concerned, his face didn't show it, instead displaying nothing but calm and collected curiosity with a hint of smugness.

Because you know that's what you need me to see, right old friend?

The path led them to the stairwell from before but, more importantly, that cursed Rhydon statue whose eyes continued to drill into his soul. Part of him felt almost compelled to take a closer look, but at the same time...

What is this nagging feeling of... dread?

Not yet, something told him. The statue would need to wait. For now, the screen on the right demanded his attention, along with its very obvious ID card reader. It was almost as if someone wanted him to see something...

Get off your high horse, idiot. Nothing in this Mansion happened for or because of you.

Arne approached the screen and swiped the card. And then, they waited.
KingSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #208
Lil'twick
Insanity

Mewtwo Pulled apart at the seams

KingSalmon-

Taking in a deep breath and processing everything around you, you decide away from the statue. You can deal with that later, for now, you go on what feels like a guided path. This was, after all, a story. A retelling of recorded events, given life through the archives. No matter, what's happened here has already occurred. So, taking the ID Badge you obtained, you scan it against the door.

Soon, the door opens up, and you walk inside. You notice a... strange silhouette rummaging through the room. You couldn't tell what it was, but it glimmered... Glimmered like the stars in the sky. It looked like a starry weave, and it noticed you. Yet, instead of attacking, it slips away into the walls. You notice what looked to be a lamp and rushed over to turn it on. Luckily this seemed to be a battery-powered one.

The room soon illuminates, and you see what looks like a starry goop slipping away through a ventilation shaft. Great. Just great. What in the ever-living hell was that? Aberrant. To say the least. There was NOTHING in recorded history that even mentioned something like this here. So, no. Trying to comprehend the true form of this creature would break your brain.

Taking in a deep breath, you look around the room. You notice papers everywhere, and the desk was broken. It was obvious that SOMETHING was stolen, and something important. Though, you feel a resonance with something. You look in awe at what was on the desk. A Journal. The Journal. The original, not the replica you read to get here. Yet, wasn't this found in the basement...?

Gustav and Mindy look at you expectantly. Whatever that thing was, it may come back. Yet, this trashed room could hold vital clues for both the events not recorded in history, as well as clues on your target.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-15-2023, 04:30 PM   #209
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Missingno. Master - Positioning both Poison-types to protect the unconscious king, Maribel persuades her Rotom to try and identify the glitchy Pokemon as they rise from the blackness. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see the screen of her phone crackle with static, struggling to discern the truth of the shapes hiding beneath that jumbled mess of code.

Unfortunately, she hardly has the luxury of time right now. Both of her opponents are creeping ever-closer, their growls low and distorted. Maribel calls out orders, only for her to be cut off when one of the shadows disappears in a burst of Extreme Speed, before crashing straight into Weezing! Her Pokemon goes tumbling through the air, nearly slamming into the invisible ground before she manages to right herself and rocket back to her position!

Taking a deep breath, Weezing’s body expands, and the noxious gas that usually pours out of her vents is replaced with a strange, gummi-scented mist. As the cloud grows to encompass the battlefield, Maribel sees the other shadow become enshrouded in a mystical glow. Projecting its Psychic power around Arbok, the snake starts squirming in panic as he’s lifted off the ground for a moment, and then slammed back down!

The snake hisses painfully as he tries to shake off his opponent’s potent attack, and he shoots them both a deadly Glare with his eye-like hood! Blips of static enshroud the mysterious attackers, and their movements become even more perplexing—stuttering and repeating motions, as though trapped in a state of lagging out.

Suddenly, Maribel hears her Rotom Phone ding, and the Electric-type floats over to her with an urgency in their movements. The flickering screen displays two matches in her Pokedex—Arcanine and Lapras. Fire and Ice.

With both of her Pokémon having taken some nasty blows, what will she do next?
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:52 PM   #210
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master - Positioning both Poison-types to protect the unconscious king, Maribel persuades her Rotom to try and identify the glitchy Pokemon as they rise from the blackness. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see the screen of her phone crackle with static, struggling to discern the truth of the shapes hiding beneath that jumbled mess of code.

Unfortunately, she hardly has the luxury of time right now. Both of her opponents are creeping ever-closer, their growls low and distorted. Maribel calls out orders, only for her to be cut off when one of the shadows disappears in a burst of Extreme Speed, before crashing straight into Weezing! Her Pokemon goes tumbling through the air, nearly slamming into the invisible ground before she manages to right herself and rocket back to her position!

Taking a deep breath, Weezing’s body expands, and the noxious gas that usually pours out of her vents is replaced with a strange, gummi-scented mist. As the cloud grows to encompass the battlefield, Maribel sees the other shadow become enshrouded in a mystical glow. Projecting its Psychic power around Arbok, the snake starts squirming in panic as he’s lifted off the ground for a moment, and then slammed back down!

The snake hisses painfully as he tries to shake off his opponent’s potent attack, and he shoots them both a deadly Glare with his eye-like hood! Blips of static enshroud the mysterious attackers, and their movements become even more perplexing—stuttering and repeating motions, as though trapped in a state of lagging out.

Suddenly, Maribel hears her Rotom Phone ding, and the Electric-type floats over to her with an urgency in their movements. The flickering screen displays two matches in her Pokedex—Arcanine and Lapras. Fire and Ice.

With both of her Pokémon having taken some nasty blows, what will she do next?
Maribel gritted her teeth. Time was not on her side right now, as her unknown adversaries made their respective first moves. One of them acted before Maribel even finished calling out commands, slamming into Weezing in an insane display of Extreme Speed! Maribel gasped audibly- after seeing what had happened after Xien made contact with that one shadowy being, she had hoped to avoid any manner of physical contact in this battle if at all possible; and yet, this seemed unnecessary after all, since Weezing was perfectly fine! Well, as fine as one would be after being mowed down by Extreme Speed, but no worse than that! After Weezing set up Guardian Terrain, the other opponent made its own move, and a super effective one at that- Arbok found himself on the business end of a Psychic attack! "Can you two still battle?" Maribel called out.

"Chaa!" Arbok nodded.

"Weezing!" Weezing nodded as well.

Maribel nodded back. She expected nothing less, of course, but even still, just hearing the reassurances from her Pokémon was something she realized she needed in that moment. Even more reassuring was Arbok's prompt usage of Glare, and its effects, while bizarre, nevertheless seemed promising- the blips of static, the stuttering motion, it all gave off the air of lagging out, which seemed close enough to the move's intended effect of paralysis.

"Maribel!" Rotom exclaimed, the possessed phone floating back down to its owner. "OK, alright, think I got it... Arcanine- Normal Form- the Legendary Pokémon. A Fire-type, and the evolved form of Growlithe. Arcanine's graceful and majestic appearance led to it being considered a legendary Pokémon in times long past. Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. A Water and Ice-type. Lapras were once hunted to the brink of extinction, but efforts to replenish their numbers have worked entirely too well."

"OK. Arcanine and Lapras," Maribel exhaled. "We can handle these. Rotom, thank you. For this and for not making rude comments in your entries this time."

"Eh, don't be too impressed- time and place for everything," Rotom retorted. "If anything, expect even worse stuff out of me once we're out of danger to make up for lost time."

Maribel gave an exasperated sigh at this, but in the spirit of the admittedly excellent point the plasma poltergeist had made, did not dwell on this point for any longer than was strictly necessary. After all, she had a battle to focus on, and so focus on it she did. Arcanine and Lapras. She knew of both kinds of Pokémon well enough- Lapras in particular, as her mother owned one (well, used to, but when this took place, Willa hadn't yet released her Lapras), but she'd seen Arcanine in action more than a few times as well. The Lapras knowing Psychic, while not exactly a comforting notion considering the Pokémon Maribel was relying upon here, was not altogether unexpected- she knew good and well Lapras could be taught such moves. Her own Pokémon were no slouches, she knew she could take these on!

"OK, you two! Arbok, the one who attacked you is a Lapras! Weezing, the one who slammed into you? An Arcanine! Remember that, both of you!" Maribel declared.

"Chaa!"

"Weez!"

"Good!" grinned Maribel. She adjusted the brim of her Mega Hat as she spoke- even in such a freaky situation, with such evident danger, the thrill of a good old-fashioned Pokémon fight couldn't possibly fail to bring a smile to her face. Now that she knew what she was up against, more or less, this was just another battle. "Now, Weezing- Curse, then Zippy Zap into the Lapras! Arbok, hit them both with Breaking Swipe, then hit Arcanine with your Stone Edge!"
Old 04-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #211
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Alilatias

"Shut up, outlander!" The man snarled, glaring daggers at you. Outlander? You pondered, having never quite been insulted in that way. The man seemed to care little for your questioning, standing tall and angry. "This crystal is mine! It's the key to saving my village, and I won't let a filthy outsider get in the way." He lifted a Pokeball, it was rather rustic looking, an odd clasp adjourning the front. Just then, the rock seemed to levitate, two rabbit-like ears protruding out of the sides. Large blue eyes blinking.

"Car..." It murmured, staring between you and the man, as if it was trying to assess a threat. "Bink.." It stares upwards, looking towards the sky. It seemed like something was coming, and whatever this thing was knew it. The man looked at the creature, seemingly confused. He glanced at it, before looking back at you.

"What did you do?! Where's the crystal?!" He screamed, clearly upset that whatever this living rock was did not have the crystal he was looking for. He glared at you, thinking that your mere presence had somehow caused it. The living rock cowered slightly, spraying rocks that floated in the air out of fear, it's head ducking down as it's body went limp, falling back in the crater. "You'll pay for this!" He yelled, releasing a Pokemon from his strange looking Pokeball. It was, strange looking.

"Slig...." It murmured, a slug looking Pokemon, head poking out of a massive curled metal shell. It's metallic sheen sparkled in the moonlight, looking at you. It winced slightly, feeling the rocks that the living rock had fired out digging into it's slug-like skin. It Sheltered itself in place, it's body seemingly growing harder and more defensive.

???'s Hisuian Sliggoo Attacks!
Old 04-18-2023, 11:39 PM   #212
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Alilatias

"Shut up, outlander!" The man snarled, glaring daggers at you. Outlander? You pondered, having never quite been insulted in that way. The man seemed to care little for your questioning, standing tall and angry. "This crystal is mine! It's the key to saving my village, and I won't let a filthy outsider get in the way." He lifted a Pokeball, it was rather rustic looking, an odd clasp adjourning the front. Just then, the rock seemed to levitate, two rabbit-like ears protruding out of the sides. Large blue eyes blinking.

"Car..." It murmured, staring between you and the man, as if it was trying to assess a threat. "Bink.." It stares upwards, looking towards the sky. It seemed like something was coming, and whatever this thing was knew it. The man looked at the creature, seemingly confused. He glanced at it, before looking back at you.

"What did you do?! Where's the crystal?!" He screamed, clearly upset that whatever this living rock was did not have the crystal he was looking for. He glared at you, thinking that your mere presence had somehow caused it. The living rock cowered slightly, spraying rocks that floated in the air out of fear, it's head ducking down as it's body went limp, falling back in the crater. "You'll pay for this!" He yelled, releasing a Pokemon from his strange looking Pokeball. It was, strange looking.

"Slig...." It murmured, a slug looking Pokemon, head poking out of a massive curled metal shell. It's metallic sheen sparkled in the moonlight, looking at you. It winced slightly, feeling the rocks that the living rock had fired out digging into it's slug-like skin. It Sheltered itself in place, it's body seemingly growing harder and more defensive.

???'s Hisuian Sliggoo Attacks!
Lunatone and Xatu stared curiously at the life form with a rocky exterior, minding the sharp floating rocks it had thrown out.

"Are you familiar with this kind?" Xatu started to ask.
"I believe so..." Lunatone hummed. "But before we were rudely interrupted..."
"Yes. It did appear to be concerned about something that may be approaching us." Xatu glanced back at Saito, who seemed to be contemplating pulling out his Pokedex. "I believe the rest of our companions are capable enough of dealing with this distraction in the meantime."

Saito was indeed reaching for his Pokedex, but he thought better of it, as whatever this man sent out could attack at any moment. He looked back at Altaria and Swellow, who had elected to keep their distance from the floating stones, clearly not wanting to inconvenience themselves over a misunderstanding.

Xatu channeled her thoughts to Saito as he glanced over at her and Lunatone's direction. "Lunatone and I do not intend to participate either, as our efforts may be better spent trying to calm our hopefully new friend. Too many of us fighting at once may only worsen the situation. Prove your prowess by having one of our other companions face this interloper in honorable single combat, and force them to submit quickly. He may be more open to negotiations after a display of strength. I am sure you know who would be best suited to this task."

The trainer finally spoke, with a surprising air of authority. "You are right that I am a mere outsider. But as someone who was once a candidate to become captain of the guard for my people... You mentioned that you seek to save your village, a noble task that I would be sympathetic to, and I wish to assist you in your endeavor. But directly provoking random wanderers to combat will avail you naught." Saito then threw out one of his own Pokeballs, summoning Breloom to the field, Swellow and Altaria cheering on their land-borne companion. Saito continues, "It will only guarantee conflict out of potential allies, and distract you from your true goal all the while. Especially when it appears that we may not have the luxury of time."

Breloom, too, began to wince from the sharp rocks in the field. Taking note of what his opponent was doing, Breloom began to focus as best he could, intending to use Mind Reader before launching whatever attack that Saito would order him to do. If the enemy was going to focus on defense, Saito knew Breloom would have to respond with an equally strong offense. Seeing that Breloom was already concentrating, perhaps searching for an effective opening, Saito had one attack in mind. "Strike your adversary with Dynamicpunch!"

Xatu thought to Lunatone, "Ah. I see he has been studying our capabilities. Defenses mean little if they are struck by an offense so strong that it may render them too confused to mount an effective counterattack. Yet it is unlikely that this may be that simple."
Old 04-19-2023, 09:47 PM   #213
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Alilatias

Xatu and Lunatone moved closer to the now seemingly lifeless rock, trying to get a better understanding of what was wrong. Xatu telepathically tried to speak to it, soothing it and consoling it that nothing was wrong and they meant it no harm. The rabbit-like rock poked it's head out once again, blue eyes welling with tears. It shook in fear in it's crater, staring up at the sky.

Meanwhile, Breloom was facing it's new adversary. Unlike the counterpart that you were used to seeing, it seemed as though this one had a tough shell. Metallic, shiny, and it seemed to rely on it --- almost as if it too was afraid. You couldn't help but wonder if there was something sinister afoot, especially with the man speaking of saving his village and searching for some sort of crystal. It was all rather odd, to say the least. Breloom wound up, fist striking the creature that had begun to shelter, the slug-like being gave a howl of pain. Standing to counterattack but notably wobbling slightly, clearly confused and dazed by the punch that it was struck with.

"You know nothing of our plight, outlander." The stranger spoke, teeth gritted. "The sky is falling, and we know naught how to stop it. But legend speaks of lunar rocks, those that hold brilliant pink crystals... but it's clear this one was a fluke of nature. A reject." He turned, spitting close to the rabbit-like rock once again. Obviously, the sky was very much not falling, that much was clear. Though, you wondered if a primative understanding of meteor showers and their properties had lead the man to this conclusion in the first place. He glanced skyward, yours eyes following his. You could see flares, comets, all sorts of miraculous space objects. Something darted across the sky, fast and a brilliant white, the man growing nervous. "It's happening again..." He mumbled, looking towards his Pokemon. "Sliggoo! We have to finish this fast!"

"Sliiii..." The Sliggoo stumbled slightly, Flailing around and striking Breloom with no true intent. In it's dazed state it recoiled back in it's shell, Spraying Acid at your Breloom from the small hole. While the acid had coated Breloom, making it feel at bit weakened, it seemed that a bit had remained in the shell, causing damage to the slug as well.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 03:25 AM   #214
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Alilatias

Xatu and Lunatone moved closer to the now seemingly lifeless rock, trying to get a better understanding of what was wrong. Xatu telepathically tried to speak to it, soothing it and consoling it that nothing was wrong and they meant it no harm. The rabbit-like rock poked it's head out once again, blue eyes welling with tears. It shook in fear in it's crater, staring up at the sky.

Meanwhile, Breloom was facing it's new adversary. Unlike the counterpart that you were used to seeing, it seemed as though this one had a tough shell. Metallic, shiny, and it seemed to rely on it --- almost as if it too was afraid. You couldn't help but wonder if there was something sinister afoot, especially with the man speaking of saving his village and searching for some sort of crystal. It was all rather odd, to say the least. Breloom wound up, fist striking the creature that had begun to shelter, the slug-like being gave a howl of pain. Standing to counterattack but notably wobbling slightly, clearly confused and dazed by the punch that it was struck with.

"You know nothing of our plight, outlander." The stranger spoke, teeth gritted. "The sky is falling, and we know naught how to stop it. But legend speaks of lunar rocks, those that hold brilliant pink crystals... but it's clear this one was a fluke of nature. A reject." He turned, spitting close to the rabbit-like rock once again. Obviously, the sky was very much not falling, that much was clear. Though, you wondered if a primative understanding of meteor showers and their properties had lead the man to this conclusion in the first place. He glanced skyward, yours eyes following his. You could see flares, comets, all sorts of miraculous space objects. Something darted across the sky, fast and a brilliant white, the man growing nervous. "It's happening again..." He mumbled, looking towards his Pokemon. "Sliggoo! We have to finish this fast!"

"Sliiii..." The Sliggoo stumbled slightly, Flailing around and striking Breloom with no true intent. In it's dazed state it recoiled back in it's shell, Spraying Acid at your Breloom from the small hole. While the acid had coated Breloom, making it feel at bit weakened, it seemed that a bit had remained in the shell, causing damage to the slug as well.
Saito sighed. "A pink crystal, huh... Still as stubborn as ever, though." Breloom, feeling a bit weakened, looked back at Saito. "You're thinking the same thing, aren't you?" Saito said to Breloom.

Xatu began to interject. "I sense fear from everyone. Our hopeful new friend, Breloom's adversary, and this interloper trainer... Except the trainer is perhaps channeling it into misguided rage, or something just as pointless. I cannot pretend to understand your own kind, so if you have a better tactic than simply forcing him to stand aside, then now is the time to try it, before the object of their fear makes itself known to us."

"We agree on one thing," Saito started to say to the trainer. "This should be finished quickly. But I should say one thing before we proceed. I have not been a trainer for very long, and even my own companions may still regard me as an outsider even to them - but we remain with each other out of our own free will. For the time being, we are merely helping one of our own search for a close friend, which brought us here." Saito points to Lunatone, also staring at the sky - though no one could tell if it too was fearful of what was happening above, for it was incapable of physically showing emotion, as far as the rest of the party was aware.

"For that, I will not put them in harm's way out of mere pride, especially if this will render us too weakened to fight whatever is coming, and it's clear we know far less than you do about this," Saito continued to say. "Your own companion has also come out of the last exchange in much worse condition than we have. You cannot presume to be able to save your village if your partner in this effort may end up injured or worse, fighting mere outsiders who you claim should have no business in this beforehand."

If Xatu had any advice, she was too surprised to speak of it, due to Saito's sudden attempt to parley out of concern for the rest of the party. She turned her attention back towards the sky, attempting to use Future Sight to glean whatever she could about what might happen next, even if it may only serve to provide a few valuable seconds of advance warning in actual practice. Swellow and Altaria stood on guard as well, though neither had yet to decide how they wanted to prepare, if they even needed to. Meanwhile, Breloom began to power up with a Swords Dance, not for the purpose of striking the Sliggoo afterwards, but for whatever could be coming next.

"If this threat is as dire as it seems, then even if we were to attempt to leave, it is likely we would end up caught in it too," Saito started to reason. "So perhaps it would be better for us to join our strength together - or, seeing as the object of your search is not here, you can simply leave to continue your search elsewhere. Although I will admit that we may follow at a distance for a time, since we currently don't possess any leads on our own objective. But continue to attack us, and my companion will be obligated to return your hostility two-fold."

As Saito indicated, Breloom had begun preparing to shift into a Counter stance during his dance, waiting for the the trainer and Sliggoo's next move - or whatever else dared to interrupt this.

Last edited by Alilatias; 04-20-2023 at 03:38 AM.
Alilatias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #215
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Missingno. Master - Though her foes are both unnerving and formidable, Maribel can stand strong with the knowledge that underneath their corrupted forms, they’re still just Pokemon—and ones she knows well, at that. Suspecting that their abilities and weaknesses are the same as their real selves, she orders her Pokemon to go on the offensive with some super-effective moves!

At this point, setting up is like second nature to Weezing as she recites a familiar Curse, strengthening and harding her body at the cost of her speed. A move that comes just in time, as the glitchy Arcanine wreaths itself inside a Flame Wheel and crashes headfirst into the floating Poison-type! A hellish snarl permeates the void as Weezing goes tumbling back, and both of her foes begin to gather energy in their mouths—a Fire Blast and Blizzard, incoming!

Picking himself up off the floor, Arbok hisses loudly, and lunges forwards, swiping his tail to unleash a wave of Dark energy across the battlefield! His attack slams into the two Pokemon, flashes of red and blue glaring in Maribel’s eyes as their attacks are unleashed a moment later! A ball of roaring fire streaks over the group’s head, exploding not into its iconic shape, but a garbage pile of static and pixels! Meanwhile, the chilling wind of Lapras’ Blizzard stops abruptly as the Ice-type succumbs to its “Paralysis”, stuttering and freezing at the very moment of its attempt to attack!

With the perfect opening, Maribel’s Pokemon charge in! Weezing’s body arcs with electricity as she dives toward Lapras, delivering a volt-charged tackle straight into her vulnerable foe, while Arbok summons a hail of sharp stones to rain down on top of Arcanine!

Both of the anomalous Pokemon stumble back, their forms starting to destabilize under the damage they’ve sustained. The shadowy figure reaches for its Pokeballs, quickly withdrawing them and replacing them with another pair. Strange symbols and visual tears obfuscate their true forms, but Maribel can vaguely see what look like glassy orbs and sharp wings piercing through the unrelenting noise.

What will she do next?
Old 04-27-2023, 07:26 PM   #216
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master - Though her foes are both unnerving and formidable, Maribel can stand strong with the knowledge that underneath their corrupted forms, they’re still just Pokemon—and ones she knows well, at that. Suspecting that their abilities and weaknesses are the same as their real selves, she orders her Pokemon to go on the offensive with some super-effective moves!

At this point, setting up is like second nature to Weezing as she recites a familiar Curse, strengthening and harding her body at the cost of her speed. A move that comes just in time, as the glitchy Arcanine wreaths itself inside a Flame Wheel and crashes headfirst into the floating Poison-type! A hellish snarl permeates the void as Weezing goes tumbling back, and both of her foes begin to gather energy in their mouths—a Fire Blast and Blizzard, incoming!

Picking himself up off the floor, Arbok hisses loudly, and lunges forwards, swiping his tail to unleash a wave of Dark energy across the battlefield! His attack slams into the two Pokemon, flashes of red and blue glaring in Maribel’s eyes as their attacks are unleashed a moment later! A ball of roaring fire streaks over the group’s head, exploding not into its iconic shape, but a garbage pile of static and pixels! Meanwhile, the chilling wind of Lapras’ Blizzard stops abruptly as the Ice-type succumbs to its “Paralysis”, stuttering and freezing at the very moment of its attempt to attack!

With the perfect opening, Maribel’s Pokemon charge in! Weezing’s body arcs with electricity as she dives toward Lapras, delivering a volt-charged tackle straight into her vulnerable foe, while Arbok summons a hail of sharp stones to rain down on top of Arcanine!

Both of the anomalous Pokemon stumble back, their forms starting to destabilize under the damage they’ve sustained. The shadowy figure reaches for its Pokeballs, quickly withdrawing them and replacing them with another pair. Strange symbols and visual tears obfuscate their true forms, but Maribel can vaguely see what look like glassy orbs and sharp wings piercing through the unrelenting noise.

What will she do next?
With the Pokémon identified, the battle could well and truly begin! Weezing's Curse was done in a very timely fashion, as the Arcanine landed a forceful Flame Wheel mere moments later. Weezing was sent tumbling back, but was able to recover fairly well. "Weezing! Are you OK?" Maribel called out.

"Weez!" grunted Weezing, giving a nod in response.

Maribel smiled, nodding back. However, this smile faded as she turned her attention back to her opponents, and could see the attacks beginning to form in their respective mouths. "...they're gonna use Blizzard and Fire Blast!" she exclaimed. "Arbok, attack now!"

"Chaaaa!" Arbok responded, lunging forward and swinging his tail wildly, striking both enemies with the Dragon move. This didn't take them out, but it soon became a moot point- Fire Blast flew over their heads, exploding into a shapeless, pixelated mess, while Blizzard never got a chance to happen, Lapras's paralysis kicking in at a very ideal moment.

This was their chance! Arbok and Weezing seized the opportunity at once, with Arbok slamming Arcanine with a powerful Stone Edge, while Weezing plowed into Lapras, landing a powerful Zippy Zap! The super effective moves made their targets stumble backwards, their forms starting to break down as a result of the damage they took. Were they... fainting? Had Maribel just won?

Well... yes, but actually no. The shadowy figure withdrew Arcanine and Lapras in short order, but was quick to send out two replacements, these just as hard to discern as their teammates had been.

"Is this my cue?" Rotom piped up.

"Hold on a second," Maribel murmured, peering intently at the Pokémon. "OK, that one has... sharp-looking wings, and the other one... has glassy looking orbs on it? What-" And then, just like that, Maribel's mind flashed back to the Steelix battle as she recalled the allies she had in there- Xien's Skarmory, with its sharp wings, and Ampharos, adorned with a couple of glassy orbs! And then, her eyes widened, for as this connection came to light, it got her to realize- Xien had an Arcanine and a Lapras, too! Well, OK, that didn't appear to be saying much, considering he had literally one of every Pokémon to be found in this world (with the obvious exception of the Kecleon... wherever it was in here by now), but these were Pokémon Maribel had seen Xien bring out and use! He'd brought out his Arcanine just before they entered this strange void, he'd been using Ampharos to guide the way, Skarmory flew them to the place, and Lapras she'd seen eating along with its teammates back at the castle! But then, what did this mean? Was this shadowy figure really...

"...Xien?" Maribel breathed. It made sense, after all- this whole shadowy mess had resulted from the lettering in Xien's journal spilling out- that was how he saved the game! Was... was Maribel fighting the save file itself, then? Was this happening because Xien tried to save the game in this void? So many questions... was this really the right thing to do? What would happen upon winning this battle? Would this strange corruption cease? Or... would the entire save file cease? In general, nothing could be said to scare Maribel Masters, and yet, at the notion that this might be putting the entire save file at risk, Maribel couldn't help but shiver. Not even just for her own sake, either- Xien, fictitious as he was to her own world, was certainly real enough in his own world. The love he had for his Pokémon, that was real. However much of this adventure was accented with old video game tropes and cliches, it had nevertheless been a blast to Maribel. She hated the thought of this world ceasing to be... but what to do to ensure its continued existence, then? Keep fighting this battle, or find a more peaceful solution?

Alas, time to think was not a luxury Maribel was afforded here. The shadow had sent out two new Pokémon, presumably a Skarmory and an Ampharos, and if Maribel didn't start issuing orders fast, her Poison-types would be sitting Ducklett for these new opponents. Battling seemed to be the only way forward, and it was with this thought in mind that Maribel determinedly adjusted the brim of her Mega Hat, just as her father so often did with his own.

"Chaaboka?" Arbok murmured.

"Weezing?" added Weezing.

Maribel nodded. "That one's likely a Skarmory, the other one probably an Ampharos," she reported. "I don't know if I'm right, but we'll find out! Now, Weezing- Zippy Zap again, into the Skarmory, then prepare to use Revenge! Arbok, take the Ampharos- Sucker Punch, then Sludge Bomb!"

"Aaaaand, I'd better make sure you're right," Rotom sighed, the Rotom Phone floating up to get as good a view of these enemies as it could in the lens of its camera, preparing to report back to Maribel in case the true identities of these adversaries differed from Maribel's admittedly soundly reasoned guesses.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:59 AM   #217
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
KingSalmon-

Taking in a deep breath and processing everything around you, you decide away from the statue. You can deal with that later, for now, you go on what feels like a guided path. This was, after all, a story. A retelling of recorded events, given life through the archives. No matter, what's happened here has already occurred. So, taking the ID Badge you obtained, you scan it against the door.

Soon, the door opens up, and you walk inside. You notice a... strange silhouette rummaging through the room. You couldn't tell what it was, but it glimmered... Glimmered like the stars in the sky. It looked like a starry weave, and it noticed you. Yet, instead of attacking, it slips away into the walls. You notice what looked to be a lamp and rushed over to turn it on. Luckily this seemed to be a battery-powered one.

The room soon illuminates, and you see what looks like a starry goop slipping away through a ventilation shaft. Great. Just great. What in the ever-living hell was that? Aberrant. To say the least. There was NOTHING in recorded history that even mentioned something like this here. So, no. Trying to comprehend the true form of this creature would break your brain.

Taking in a deep breath, you look around the room. You notice papers everywhere, and the desk was broken. It was obvious that SOMETHING was stolen, and something important. Though, you feel a resonance with something. You look in awe at what was on the desk. A Journal. The Journal. The original, not the replica you read to get here. Yet, wasn't this found in the basement...?

Gustav and Mindy look at you expectantly. Whatever that thing was, it may come back. Yet, this trashed room could hold vital clues for both the events not recorded in history, as well as clues on your target.

What do you do?
Arne's eyes widened. That creature, that... thing? Words could not describe it in full. Was it a Pokemon? Was it even a living being? A sentient being made of starlight?

Nothing makes sense! There are no records of such a presence in the history of this place. What timeline exactly is this?...

Speaking of things that made no sense, something else in this room was awfully out of place, now that he had managed to find a light source.

The original Journal?!

His hands were shaking slightly as he ran his fingers along the cover. The strange events one after the other were starting to take a toll on him. And he had to admit, if only silently to himself, that despite coming from an old warrior lineage of the North... he was afraid.

Mindy might have sensed it, or it might have just been a coincidence, but she hugged his leg while he stood there in the absolute quiet of the room. It helped him remember he wasn't alone, and that was more important than he had been raised to acknowledge.

"Thank you Mindy. I'm alright. We... we should start by looking around this place."

He knew it fell on him to piece it all together and get them back home safely, but if he was being honest, he was completely at a loss. He had studied the events that had taken place on those days over and over again in preparation for his meeting with the Legendary Mewtwo, but nothing had gone the way he expected it - the way it was historically supposed to have happened. How does one prepare for this kind of thing?

Idiot. How does one prepare for chasing down Mewtwo? You don't - you just hope you make it out alive to curse your hubris later. That's where we are.

Still, something told him there were things to be found in this room. It wouldn't be locked behind a keycard otherwise. This was no time for self-pity.

"Gustav, Mindy, I need you to scour the room for anything we might use, anything you find unusual. It's a relatively small space, if you split up you should cover the whole room quickly enough."

He then reached for another Pokeball and tossed it to the ground. Sever the Treecko emerged, looking as annoyed as always for being forced to socialize.

"Sever, we need your help. I'm afraid there's... something out there that might come back to harm us." Sever's eyes rolled at the lack of specificity. "Your senses are the sharpest. If you Detect any hostile presence approaching, give the warning immediately so we won't be caught off-guard. And as for me..."

Finally, he turned his attention to the Journal.

"I'll try and skim through this and see if there are any... disparities."

He knew the recorded events by heart. If anything written in this Journal was off, he'd find it. At this point, he'd take any leads he could get...
KingSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:56 PM   #218
Lil'twick
Insanity

Mewtwo Planet Earth turns slowly

KingSalmon-

"Iä... Iä..."

The noises pierce your mind as you read through the journal. Untattered, the pages as fresh as they ever could be. Yet, as you read through them, you have a... nagging feeling that something isn't right. Sever was standing guard, trying to Detect threats. Mindy and Gustav were also doing their best to search for you, but this felt like too much. Perhaps... this was too much. This was not the story you were expecting to be told from the tattered journal. The fact that this was... posthumous of the author was already unnerving.

You get to the final page and notice something interesting. An encrypted key card. Seems you'd need to figure out a way to unlock it, yet how? The computer here was a lemon compared to modern technology. Trying to access it now would almost certainly not work as well, considering the current power outage. This just felt like a dead-end. Perhaps this keycard could give you access to the off-limit areas? As you try to take the keycard, you see it attached to the page. Best take the book with you

You have obtained one x1 Journal w/ Keycard

You then hear a thud as Mindy starts to beat her little bat against the ground. The Tinkatink seems to have found something, and you head over to her to see a torn page. It seemed this might be from a different journal. You read over the page and see it gushing all about the Rhyhorn statues. Yet, you see a word in there that's odd. 'Terminal.' These statues were terminals? For what!? It seems it may be best to investigate that unnerving statue now. Of course, there were multiple statues littered across the entire building. Yet, if these terminals could prove to help further you towards your goal, then it can happen... Or, you could see if you could try to use that keycard somewhere...

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-15-2023, 12:23 PM   #219
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Missingno.Master - These familiar silhouettes spark something in Maribel’s memory, and before Rotom can even start scanning she picks out the identity of her mysterious opponents. The very same as the party of Xien’s beloved Pokemon, or perhaps just a copy of their save data, corrupted and contorted into this shadowy form...

At least she knows what she’s fighting, but the well of questions only grows deeper from here. Maribel wonders whether attacking these Pokemon will lead the real Xien or his team to harm, or even putting this entire world at stake. If the journal were to be wiped clean, would everything go back to the start, or would it simply cease to be the moment the game crashed? Nothing can be known for sure, and so she focuses on issuing these next orders carefully.

Just like before, the corrupted Pokemon appear to act on their own. The winged Pokémon's eyes glow brightly though the darkness, cutting through the defenses of Maribel's Pokémon with a bone-chilling Leer! At the same time, a mystic light fills the room, emanating off the other Pokémon's orbs. It descends like a shimmering wall around itself and its ally, where it will Reflect any physical damage aimed toward them.

Seeing this, Weezing and Arbok spring into action just a moment too late to avoid the status moves. Coated in electricity, Weezing rams into the Flying-type, her shock dulled by the barrier, but still nonetheless effective! A swipe of Skarmory’s Steel Wing bats her away forcefully, but she quickly turns that damage into strength with a powered-up counter!

Meanwhile, Arbok bides his time with his body coiled like a spring. His slitted eyes watch carefully as Ampharos advances, confident in their shield! Crackles of static arc from their arm as it pulls back for a Thunder Punch, and right at that moment the serpent lunges in to strike! Both foes hit each-other at the same time, recoiling back in pain—but Arbok isn’t quite done yet! Hissing, he spits a glob of venom at the sheep, cutting right through the Reflect as the toxic chemicals seep into its fur—it’s Poisoned!

This matchup proves much trickier than the last, and Maribel’s Pokemon are starting to get worn down. They’ll have to find some way around the barrier, or else they won’t have any gas left for the rest of this glitchy fiend’s team.

What will she do?
Old 05-15-2023, 12:46 PM   #220
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno.Master - These familiar silhouettes spark something in Maribel’s memory, and before Rotom can even start scanning she picks out the identity of her mysterious opponents. The very same as the party of Xien’s beloved Pokemon, or perhaps just a copy of their save data, corrupted and contorted into this shadowy form...

At least she knows what she’s fighting, but the well of questions only grows deeper from here. Maribel wonders whether attacking these Pokemon will lead the real Xien or his team to harm, or even putting this entire world at stake. If the journal were to be wiped clean, would everything go back to the start, or would it simply cease to be the moment the game crashed? Nothing can be known for sure, and so she focuses on issuing these next orders carefully.

Just like before, the corrupted Pokemon appear to act on their own. The winged Pokémon's eyes glow brightly though the darkness, cutting through the defenses of Maribel's Pokémon with a bone-chilling Leer! At the same time, a mystic light fills the room, emanating off the other Pokémon's orbs. It descends like a shimmering wall around itself and its ally, where it will Reflect any physical damage aimed toward them.

Seeing this, Weezing and Arbok spring into action just a moment too late to avoid the status moves. Coated in electricity, Weezing rams into the Flying-type, her shock dulled by the barrier, but still nonetheless effective! A swipe of Skarmory’s Steel Wing bats her away forcefully, but she quickly turns that damage into strength with a powered-up counter!

Meanwhile, Arbok bides his time with his body coiled like a spring. His slitted eyes watch carefully as Ampharos advances, confident in their shield! Crackles of static arc from their arm as it pulls back for a Thunder Punch, and right at that moment the serpent lunges in to strike! Both foes hit each-other at the same time, recoiling back in pain—but Arbok isn’t quite done yet! Hissing, he spits a glob of venom at the sheep, cutting right through the Reflect as the toxic chemicals seep into its fur—it’s Poisoned!

This matchup proves much trickier than the last, and Maribel’s Pokemon are starting to get worn down. They’ll have to find some way around the barrier, or else they won’t have any gas left for the rest of this glitchy fiend’s team.

What will she do?
Rotom had begun to scan the enemies to ascertain just what they were, but Maribel had done well this time around, figuring out their identities by herself and acting swiftly upon this knowledge. And not a moment too soon, either, with Skarmory issuing a chilling Leer, and Ampharos setting up a Reflect. That last one in particular proved problematic- most of Maribel's orders had been for physical attacks! Even the critical hit automatically afforded through use of Zippy Zap was dulled by Reflect's effect, as was the Revenge, powered up though it was by Skarmory's Steel Wing. Arbok's Sucker Punch was likewise dulled in effect by the Reflect, though Sludge Bomb most certainly was not, hitting for great damage and even managing to poison Ampharos! "Yes!" Maribel whispered as she noticed the status condition taking effect.

"Well, it seems you were right about them after all," Rotom reported, the possessed phone floating back down to its owner. "Ampharos and Skarmory."

Maribel nodded. "Thanks for checking anyway, Rotom," she replied. "I was sure I was right, but that doesn't mean I have to take it for granted, y'know?"

"...y'know what,I can't even argue with that logic," Rotom stated, sounding a
bit defeated, as though having been hoping to be able to argue with whatever logic Maribel was bringing to the table. The Rotom Phone slid neatly back into Maribel's bag for the moment.

Maribel, meanwhile, remained laser focused on the battle. Whether it was the right course of action, she still didn't know, but considering it seemed to be the only option on the table at the moment, she couldn't especially afford to dwell on that too much right now, and so she focused on that which she could afford to at the moment. Reflect was a bit of a hindrance, but by no means an insurmountable one- her Pokémon, after all, knew more than just physical attacks, and this place, far and away, no longer counted as part of the Shrine of Silence- special attacks were fair game here, as Arbok's Sludge Bomb so beautifully proved! Now if only either of them had ever learned Venoshock... ah, well. That would be something to remember at a later time. Live and learn. And if she had anything to say about it, Maribel was going to live to learn that lesson.

"OK, you two, we still got this!" Maribel called encouragingly. "Arbok, stay on Ampharos- use Acid, then Sludge Bomb! Weezing, keep targeting Skarmory- use Blazing Breath, then follow up with a Heat Wave to hit them both!

"Chaaaboka!" hissed Arbok, with great gusto.

"Weezing weez!" Weezing agreed. The two sounded more than ready to comply, which elicited a smile from Maribel, even in spite of the dire situation they found themselves in right now. She knew she could rely on them to give this their all, and she found that incredibly comforting- growing up with Keith Masters for one's father, after all, tended to impress on someone just how faithful and dependable of partners Poison-type Pokémon could make, a teaching that never was lost on Maribel.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:49 PM   #221
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Missingno.Master - The situation is starting to take a turn for the worse, but holding firm to her belief in her Pokemon, Maribel presses onward! Though Reflect stifles her options, Weezing and Arbok have plenty of tricks still up their sleeve—and now that they’re no longer under the seal of the Shrine, there’s nothing stopping them from going all out!

Well, nothing aside from her opponents, themselves. As Weezing’s body starts to fume with superheated gasses, Skarmory makes a move to try and intercept! Puffing up its body and targeting the Poison-type with its Swagger, Weezing momentarily faulters, accidentally venting off the stored-up flames as she hurts herself in confusion! Seeing an opportunity to strike, the bird swoops in, slashing at Weezing with another Steel Wing!

Arbok fares much better against Ampharos, as he quickly surrounds the Electric-type and pelts them with acidic moves! Glitchy static begins to tear through the sheep’s darkened form, bits and pieces of their Cotton Spore clinging to Arbok’s scales in an attempt to slow him down. Using the speed drop to their advantage, a massive surge of electricity pours from Ampharos’ body, culminating in a blast of Thunder dropping from the void-like sky onto the serpent!

Both of Maribel’s Pokemon are on the ropes now. Weezing’s hover wobbles and bobs unsteadily, while Arbok’s body crackles and seizes as he attempts to fight off Paralysis. Yet neither back down. They still have orders to fulfill, and they won’t let their Trainer down!

Taking aim at Amphraos, Arbok spits a glob of poison straight into their face, blinding them as Weezing gathers even more steam than what she used for her last attack. Skarmory attempts to intervene once more, but despite her Confused state, the floating Poison-type manages to weave out of the way just long enough to unleash a massive Heat Wave upon the field!

Both of the glitchy Pokemon fly back, the corrupted pixels surrounding their body almost seeming to burn away and melt from the sheer intensity of the flames! The figure reacts quickly, withdrawing each of them. Four down, two to go.

And these last two... well, Maribel may already well know their identities, even before seeing their forms. One is a towering monster, while the other is a sinister shadow, and both of them are starting at a massive advantage against their critically injured and debuffed foes.

What will you do?
Old 05-17-2023, 06:57 PM   #222
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno.Master - The situation is starting to take a turn for the worse, but holding firm to her belief in her Pokemon, Maribel presses onward! Though Reflect stifles her options, Weezing and Arbok have plenty of tricks still up their sleeve—and now that they’re no longer under the seal of the Shrine, there’s nothing stopping them from going all out!

Well, nothing aside from her opponents, themselves. As Weezing’s body starts to fume with superheated gasses, Skarmory makes a move to try and intercept! Puffing up its body and targeting the Poison-type with its Swagger, Weezing momentarily faulters, accidentally venting off the stored-up flames as she hurts herself in confusion! Seeing an opportunity to strike, the bird swoops in, slashing at Weezing with another Steel Wing!

Arbok fares much better against Ampharos, as he quickly surrounds the Electric-type and pelts them with acidic moves! Glitchy static begins to tear through the sheep’s darkened form, bits and pieces of their Cotton Spore clinging to Arbok’s scales in an attempt to slow him down. Using the speed drop to their advantage, a massive surge of electricity pours from Ampharos’ body, culminating in a blast of Thunder dropping from the void-like sky onto the serpent!

Both of Maribel’s Pokemon are on the ropes now. Weezing’s hover wobbles and bobs unsteadily, while Arbok’s body crackles and seizes as he attempts to fight off Paralysis. Yet neither back down. They still have orders to fulfill, and they won’t let their Trainer down!

Taking aim at Amphraos, Arbok spits a glob of poison straight into their face, blinding them as Weezing gathers even more steam than what she used for her last attack. Skarmory attempts to intervene once more, but despite her Confused state, the floating Poison-type manages to weave out of the way just long enough to unleash a massive Heat Wave upon the field!

Both of the glitchy Pokemon fly back, the corrupted pixels surrounding their body almost seeming to burn away and melt from the sheer intensity of the flames! The figure reacts quickly, withdrawing each of them. Four down, two to go.

And these last two... well, Maribel may already well know their identities, even before seeing their forms. One is a towering monster, while the other is a sinister shadow, and both of them are starting at a massive advantage against their critically injured and debuffed foes.

What will you do?
With Maribel's orders given, Arbok and Weezing set out to follow them, but didn't find this so easy. Weezing's Blazing Breath was cut short by a sudden Swagger from the move's intended target. Maribel grimaced as Weezing hurt herself in her confusion, and the subsequent Steel Wing didn't help at all. Arbok at least managed to land an Acid, but was slowed down with Cotton Spore for his troubles, and this gave Ampharos the opening needed to land a brutal Thunder attack, causing not just big damage, but paralysis on top of it all! "Arbok! Weezing!" Maribel cried out.

"Chaaa-aaa," Arbok hissed, audibly struggling with the paralysis, but sounding no less determined.

"Weeeez..." mumbled Weezing, completely disoriented by the Swagger.

Down they were, but Arbok and Weezing weren't out of this just yet, and they were set on proving it! Arbok let fly a Sludge Bomb at Ampharos, blinding it for the moment. Skarmory attempted to cut short Weezing's next move, but this time couldn't do so in time, and Weezing was able to unleash such a potent Heat Wave that both adversaries almost seemed to be burning away pixel by pixel! They were swiftly withdrawn following this, and the figure sent out what had to be the final two opponents for this bout. And by now, Maribel knew the pattern pretty well, She'd seen this team- most of them back at the castle, though very clearly Xien had swapped out his Rapidash for his Arcanine before they actually left. There were only two Pokémon left on Xien's known team that Maribel hadn't fought the counterparts of yet, and by looks alone, these were almost certainly them.

"Gengar and Tyranitar," Maribel murmured. She turned her attention to Arbok and Weezing, the former still struggling to move, the latter still disoriented and confused. This on top of their heavy amounts of damage taken thus far... were they up for this? No... not as they currently were, anyway. Indeed, even as this thought occurred to Maribel, she was already digging into her bag, but before she could wrap her hand around any of her Poké Snacks, an incredibly soothing chiming sound

"CHAAABOKA!" Arbok exclaimed, all traces of the paralysis gone.

"Weezing weez!" Weezing chimed in, no longer confused in the slightest.

Maribel smiled. The damage taken was still in play, but there was no more status conditions in play, that was huge in and of itself. She hoped that this at least gave her Pokémon a fighting chance. And on that note, there was no time to waste- Gengar and Tyranitar would very likely be quick to take advantage of this momentary lull in attacking, if they haven't done so already, and so Maribel wasted no time in ordering her own attacks- or rather, she was going to, but before she could say anything, she saw a dark aura come over her Arbok. She'd seen that aura before, on her dad's Eevee- she didn't know how it happened, but she knew that somehow, Arbok had learned it, and so she gave the order at once. "Arbok, use Baddy Bad on Gengar! Weezing, use Revenge on Tyranitar!" she exclaimed. She knew the Reflect was still in play, of course, but there were a few factors she was banking on here with Tyranitar- its Fighting weakness was even more severe than Gengar's Dark weakness, and the Poké Snack merely rid Weezing of the confusion from Swagger; not the heightened Attack power. That was going to outright cancel out the effects of Reflect. And if Weezing took damage before launching this move (which, Maribel reasoned, wasn't unlikely), that would mean all the more power. In fact, while she was determined to keep her expectations in check, she couldn't help but wonder whether this was about to become two on one. In her favor, ideally. She did have other Pokémon with her, but it only felt right to try and see this through with Arbok and Weezing. They'd been by her side throughout this journey, even evolving simultaneously for her... it only felt right.

*As a result of reaching 30 Bond, Arbok learned Defensive Shield!*

*As a result of reaching 30 Bond, Arbok learned Baddy Bad!*

*As a result of reaching 30 Bond, Arbok learned Heal Bell!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-17-2023 at 07:29 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:47 PM   #223
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Missingno. Master - This is starting to come down to the wire, and realizing what she’s facing now, Maribel makes the decision to tend to her Pokemon first. Taking a pair of Poke Snacks out of her bag, she feeds them to her Poison-types and watches as their status effects dissipate!

Unfortunately, her fears about her opponents taking advantage of this lull are indeed true. As Arbok finishes his treat, the snake is assaulted by a wall of ear-splitting noise! Though heavily distorted, Tyranitar’s Screech is no less effective at dropping the defenses of her companion even lower! Meanwhile, Gengar’s ghostly form becomes shrouded in a mysterious fog, heightening its evasion with Double Team.

Thanks to her Curse, there’s no way Weezing would gain the initiative before her opponents, but Arbok has a chance to strike first! Recognizing the dark aura surrounding him, Maribel orders a move that neither of them would’ve expected to have. Coiling up, the snake concentrates, and unleashes a burst of evil light upon Gengar!

She can’t celebrate just yet, however, as while the ghost is recoiling from the shine, Tyranitar is moving for the finishing blow! A rumble from above fills the void, and Maribel looks up to see a glitchy Rock Slide crash down right on top of Arbok! With a Leer and a Screech softening him up, this is starting to look bad.

And yet, as the rocks tumble down, the light leftover from Arbok’s attack appears to shield him! Though only barely, he pulls through, glaring and hissing defiantly at his foe.

Still blinded by the dazzling light, Gengar launches a Shadow Ball toward Maribel's side of the field. Perhaps it had intended to fell Arbok, but in it's stupor it instead strikes Weezing as she gears up to take her Revenge. Grinning widely, she rushes Tyranitar, and unleashes the full force of her anger upon the titan!

Blink, and she'll miss the flash that signifies Tyranitar's retreat into its ball. Busting through Ampharos's Reflect to deliver a one-hit-KO, Weezing cries triumphantly, and turns her attention to the last line of defence the corrupted journal has left.

Gengar awaits, its body contorting in strange ways due to the effect of it's Double Team. Maribel knows neither of her Pokémon can take another hit, while the odds of rushing down her opponent are looking slim.

What will she do?
Old 06-03-2023, 08:33 PM   #224
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master - This is starting to come down to the wire, and realizing what she’s facing now, Maribel makes the decision to tend to her Pokemon first. Taking a pair of Poke Snacks out of her bag, she feeds them to her Poison-types and watches as their status effects dissipate!

Unfortunately, her fears about her opponents taking advantage of this lull are indeed true. As Arbok finishes his treat, the snake is assaulted by a wall of ear-splitting noise! Though heavily distorted, Tyranitar’s Screech is no less effective at dropping the defenses of her companion even lower! Meanwhile, Gengar’s ghostly form becomes shrouded in a mysterious fog, heightening its evasion with Double Team.

Thanks to her Curse, there’s no way Weezing would gain the initiative before her opponents, but Arbok has a chance to strike first! Recognizing the dark aura surrounding him, Maribel orders a move that neither of them would’ve expected to have. Coiling up, the snake concentrates, and unleashes a burst of evil light upon Gengar!

She can’t celebrate just yet, however, as while the ghost is recoiling from the shine, Tyranitar is moving for the finishing blow! A rumble from above fills the void, and Maribel looks up to see a glitchy Rock Slide crash down right on top of Arbok! With a Leer and a Screech softening him up, this is starting to look bad.

And yet, as the rocks tumble down, the light leftover from Arbok’s attack appears to shield him! Though only barely, he pulls through, glaring and hissing defiantly at his foe.

Still blinded by the dazzling light, Gengar launches a Shadow Ball toward Maribel's side of the field. Perhaps it had intended to fell Arbok, but in it's stupor it instead strikes Weezing as she gears up to take her Revenge. Grinning widely, she rushes Tyranitar, and unleashes the full force of her anger upon the titan!

Blink, and she'll miss the flash that signifies Tyranitar's retreat into its ball. Busting through Ampharos's Reflect to deliver a one-hit-KO, Weezing cries triumphantly, and turns her attention to the last line of defence the corrupted journal has left.

Gengar awaits, its body contorting in strange ways due to the effect of it's Double Team. Maribel knows neither of her Pokémon can take another hit, while the odds of rushing down her opponent are looking slim.

What will she do?
Maribel had been worried that the time she took to feed Poké Snacks to her Pokémon would be taken advantage of by her opponent, and was she right! Tyranitar let loose a piercing, if distorted, Screech, while Gengar opted to use a bizarre form of Double Team that shrouded it in a strange fog and contorted its body in the oddest of ways. Despite this, Arbok still landed the Baddy Bad on the Ghost and Poison-type, though was quickly met with a Rock Slide for his troubles. Maribel gritted her teeth- Arbok was in bad shape now. But while down, he wasn't out! Baddy Bad's effect had stopped the very worst of the move, and was enabling him to keep hanging in there! And then Weezing took the Shadow Ball from Gengar that was almost certainly meant for Arbok, and in turn landed on Tyranitar a hideously super effective Revenge, knocking the Armor Pokémon clean out!

Now it was just Gengar. But while it seemed two against one, Maribel knew better than to get overconfident at that. Neither of her Pokémon were lasting against even so much as one final hit, while it didn't look too likely that they were gonna take down Gengar before going down themselves. Not with any of the moves they could use by themselves.

So why, then, was Maribel grinning?

Arbok and Weezing, having looked back at Maribel for guidance, were surprised to see a confident grin on their Trainer's face, even in the face of what seemed like a hopeless battle. The Poison-types exchanged bewildered looks, then looked back to their Trainer. "Chaaaboka?" Arbok questioned.

"I think we got this, you two," Maribel stated. As she spoke, she was rummaging through her bag, and as she extracted her hand from within, Weezing's eyes lit up with understanding.

"Weez!" breathed both of Weezing's heads simultaneously.

"That's right," Maribel nodded. Now she was taking that which she'd extracted from her bag and setting it in place. Indeed, the whole scenario just seemed to fall right into place. The climactic finale of a hard-fought battle was at hand, with Maribel's Pokémon on the brink of defeat, while their opponent wouldn't be felled quite as easily, to say nothing of the Double Team usage that would make most attacks a total crapshoot?

It was time for a Z-Move.

"Arbok, Sucker Punch!" Maribel cried out.

"CHAAA!" Arbok hissed with great vigor. Now he saw the plan, and his role in it- Gengar was gonna be faster than Weezing, so he was to head off any attempts to stop this.

"Weezing, off we go!" Maribel continued, crossing her arms. The Psychium Z set into her Z-Power Ring gleamed brightly with generated Z-Power.

"Weezing weez!" Weezing responded.

"Sludge Wave Coast, grant us your strength!" Maribel declared, moving her arms, striking picture-perfect Psychium poses. "Today we claim the victory of mind over matter!"

"Weeeeez!" exhaled Weezing- by this point, Z-Power had flooded out of Maribel's Z-Power Ring and into the Poison Gas Pokémon. Powering her up. Taking her Psybeam and turning it into something way stronger.

Maribel's grin was positively Gengaresque as she gave the order. "Now, Weezing- Shattered Psyche!!!"

Quote:

Weezing surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Weezing unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Old 06-06-2023, 11:15 AM   #225
Lil'twick
Insanity

Jirachi Pulled apart at the seams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
[center]Reception and Recreation (reply in linen)

The crux of any adventurer's journey through the archives, the main reception chamber is a vast hall with a number of seats for casual visitors to browse the library's contents, and more often than not is where Gabriella, the Prime Archivist, and Hyun-pa, Director of Their Namesake, can be found. Always interested in hearing stories, the reception area is floored with unbreakable glass through which one can gaze upon an endless sea of pages, swirling from nowhere and upwards into the archives to become books, and trainers who wish for a relaxed time can ask the patrons if there's any work to be done. After all, the archives are far from complete, and any small token of assistance is appreciated.
"Everyone wears a mask. I just chose to create my own."

---
They had been wandering the halls of the archives for hours as of this point. The workers were quite annoyed, as this patron chose to meander through each and every book. Nothing ever caught their eye. History? Why live in the past? Fiction? They fancied no such delusions. Art? The only art they knew of, was not something they wished to revisit. Science? They were a simple person and carried not for modern marvels. Philosophy? They knew who they were, and what they had gone through. Despite having all the stories in the world, there was nothing that tickled their fancy here.

So, they decided it would be more intriguing to see how this place worked. To see the inner workings of the archives. They knew of the Hoopa that ran this place, but not even that was a prize they wanted. Perhaps if it was one such Hoopa made of pure gold. Now that would be something that would be worth the hunt. Yet, that was not the case. Not like they wanted to deprive a place as curious as this of its master. No, that simply would never do.

Taking out a lemon chew, they meticulously unwrapped it. Placing the chew in their mouth, they let the flavor simmer on their tongue. They then uncreased the wrapper, and gently tucked it away. Lemon. Lemon was not out of his Pokeball, since his slobbering tongue and giant tail would cause everything to be knocked over and soiled. It would be quite rude of him, and he would feel very, very bad. Yet, Lemon was always with them. Perhaps, if the keepers of the library forced some work upon them, Lemon could help.

Finding a nice chair, they sat down in the main lobby. They looked at the woman who seemed rather annoyed to be here, their gaze hidden behind their sunglasses. Now, that was an interesting person. Yet, there was no passion. No brilliance. How droll. They shook their head and deigned to simply sit, and watch the pages fly by. Perhaps a target would end up presenting itself, and the thrill of the hunt could begin.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles