UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 10-05-2019, 01:50 AM   #51
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

News from Birthday Bubbles Bash Venue!

So uuuh we just encountered a really strange situation with the online version of the Calendar. The webpage got down because of what I can understand, for some reason, my account for the web hosting got deleted? It's a weird and a bit creepy situation, because I was only told about the site being down (thanks Gary!), and when I tried to log in to check the source of the problem, it said there was no account under my e-mail? And then under that new account using that same e-mail, it wouldn't let me have the "new" webpage under the same name/link, saying the domain was already taken... At the very least, it's a good thing that I have an offline backup of the calendar. Whew.

Anyhow, I'm rambling ^^; So it's all to say that the link to the Calendar has been changed! Please now use this link:
https://fizzybubbles.000webhostapp.c...ndar/index.php

If there is anything that appears outdated, please let me know! The backup is dated last year, so there might be some changes I previously did directly into the code and got lost. (...like the fact that the displayed time in London time instead of GMT. Lemme fix that in a sec.)

Also, for your own security, please stop using the old link. It's not working anymore anyhow, but also since I have no details whatsover on what exactly happened to my "old" account and in turn the old website, better safe than sorry.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for your understanding!
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:23 PM   #52
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Happy New Year! ^^ *throws confetti*

Changing the year is obviously important for us, but it is even more important for this year as quite a few big changes are made and applied as of... now!

First and foremost, we are now officially using the brand new calendar! It includes all the new Pokemon from the Galar region; and some of the previous Pokemon has now brand new birthdates! So check it out on either of the following links:So go ahead and update your own personal calendars!
Please also note however that the web version of the calendar has not been updated, therefore should not be used until further notice.

Second of all, we are proud to announce the introduction of another marvel from Galar: TRs! That's right, TRs can now be taught to birthday Pokemon and given to birthday trainers! That said though, there is some important notes about TRs:
  • As the difference between TMs and TRs has not been defined and officialized by the Fizzytopian gouvernement yet (ie the mods hasn't fully decided yet what to do with them yet), for the moment being, they will work the same, meaning TMs and TRs are both one-time use only.
  • The learning and collect of TRs only applies to birthdays starting in 2020. Any birthdays which were from last year (ie Dratini, Skelp and Snover) but having a late celebration will be allowed to learn only TMs.

So I believe that's it! All of the above will be edited in the first post of the BBB soon (although not right away, please give me to at least this upcoming weekend ^^;), but in the meantime, refer to this post.

Again, Happy New Year! Hope for you to have a great one!
Old 02-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #53
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

well this is kinda awkward, triple posting...
✿~Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique Newsletter~✿

I'm here to announce on an important change concerning one of the services of the Boutique.

From now on, due to concerns from various Pokémon health and protection committies, all deformities and handicaps can no longer be registered at the boutique. So any requests concerning a Pokemon's different physical shape or form besides their general size, colors and markings will be denied.

Couple of things though:
  • Scars are still allowed to be registered, but should be limited only to markings on the Pokémon's skin and whatnot; nothing that differs the shape and form of the Pokemon in general.
  • Any Pokémon with registered deformities and handicaps before the rule change are still allowed and can keep their deformity/handicap.
    • If you would like the deformity/handicap of your Pokémon removed, you can post to acquire a Natural Spray to remove it, free of charge.

Apologies to those affected, and thank you for your understanding!

~ Mélina Loiseau
Old 03-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #54
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Dialga's Gate Announcement

Due to fluxes in the flow of time, the Gate is closing. The zone is no longer open to new adventures and will be permanently closed at May 31st 11:59 PM GMT to all current adventures. Connor will be helping me out in getting the current adventures wrapped up. Please look for future news about zones from the mod team soon.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #55
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Hello Fizzytopians, I am pleased to announce that two of our shops have new SOs! Now in charge of the Daycare is Lilbluecorsola and in charge of the Move Tutor is Missingno. Master!
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:56 PM   #56
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dialga's Gate Announcement

A loud, ear piercing roar can be heard throughout the lands. It tears back open the closing portal, keeping those inside stuck there for a while longer. Something sinister is afoot, and the Gate will now be open until June 30th!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-21-2020, 02:08 AM   #57
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Hello Fizzytopians, I’d like to take a moment of your time to discuss a few things about Zone Adventures in Fizzy Bubbles. A few months ago we had a discussion surrounding concerns with the ongoing updating drain in FB and the overall lull in activity in zones. We have implemented a number of changes already in order to both reduce strain on active updaters as well as properly incentivize new updaters. While I feel like these changes have been successful, albeit only slightly, there is still more we can do to make things better in FB.

Amongst discussion in the aforementioned thread were a few points that the mods and ZAs of FB have taken to heart. There are two realities in FB right now which are: 1.) Prospective updaters are often intimidated by the current power structure of the “main” four zones and are reluctant to apply to update in them because they aren’t sure what they can and can’t do as an updater there, which in turn leads to a tendency to want to update in the Free For All Zone, where they are much less likely to have any constraints. 2.) There is a severe imbalance in the activity level of each of the zones leaving some zones relatively barren while others are a bit more crowded. This is in large part to both the first point I just mentioned as well as the current zone adventure restrictions being “one main zone and one FFA zone”.

With these two realities in mind, we have decided that it is time to restructure the organizational format of zones in FB. It makes very little sense for there to be a gravitational pull for prospective updaters to want to update only one particular zone, and funneling half of all zone adventures through one particular zone as well, given the fact that all zone adventures are equal, and all zone updater work is equal as well. We want to get rid of this stigma that the main zones have that for whatever reason people assume ZAs are hard to work with, are overbearing, have too many rules specific to their zone, or whatever other reason it might be. This brings me to the first change that will take place:

As of July, 2020, there will no longer be any “main” zones or “free for all” zones. Every zone will be equal and there will be a ZA in charge of it. How will this change the structure from how it currently stands? Not as drastically as you might think. At the same time, all zones will both be open and free for anyone to adventure in and all zones will available for anyone to update in as they please. However, please keep the following in mind:
1.) We will be changing the adventure restrictions from “one main zone plus one FFA zone” to “two zone adventures”.

2.) This will not be just a “take whoever you want as your updatee whenever you feel like it”. There will involvement from the ZA of each zone to work with you and make sure that adventures are accounted for in the proper order. (There will be no favoritism whatsoever.)
We want to encourage that people will not be tied down to a particular zone. If you want to take updates in only one zone, so be it, the ZA will work with you to help you accomplish that. If you want to have one updatee in each of the four zones, all four ZAs will help you accomplish that as well. Which brings me to the next change that we will be rolling out over the coming weeks and months: It is very important to us that new and prospective updaters feel comfortable enough to ask us (be it mod, ZA, or even just a fellow updater) for guidance, advice, or help if they have any questions or feel stuck in any way whatsoever. Because of this, we will be adding a number of avenues on both the forums as well as Discord where we can assist you both publically and privately. On top of this, we are also writing a guidebook of sorts on what’s expected or frequently asked questions to help get people started in updating. Basically, us updaters wish to help impart our experience onto you, so that your job will be easier. The biggest thing to take away from this is that we want ZAs to be seen not as a boss to report to, but as an assistant who will support you and shoulder whatever burdens you might have.

This brings me to the third change that will be coming as of July, 2020: With the closure of Dialga’s Gate as the end of this month, there will be a vacancy for the fourth zone in FB. As we have done several times in the past, we will be holding an election to appoint the next ZA and zone to fill its place. Here are a few important notes to keep in mind whether you are interested in applying or just as a voter in general:
- The election is to appoint the next ZA, not the next zone. We want to make sure we find the best person for the job who will take it seriously and give it their all to help improve FB. An interesting zone means nothing if it’s not run properly.
- You may either nominate yourself as a ZA candidate, submit a zone idea for a candidate to use if they choose, or BOTH; Submit a zone idea and nominate yourself to run it.
- It goes a long way to bolster your resume with recent updating experience. By no means whatsoever does that mean you need to take 5 updatees right now and update three times a week; even the smallest amount of experience is better than none. If you are curious about getting into updating, please do not hesitate to ask one of our ZAs about getting an opportunity!

~~~~

This brings me to the final point I wish to bring up, and it’s a bit of a personal one. As many of you know, I have a lengthy history with the Cloud Garden. I have been an updater of the CG since the mid-2000’s and I have been with it through the highs and the lows. There was a time when virtually all zone activity in FB was dead, and I was basically the only updater in FB keeping the CG alive. And towards the end of the 2000’s when Tess promoted a barely active member to be the ZA of the CG instead of me, I was crushed, which eventually led to me quitting for nearly 10 years. The only reason why I’m here today is because I heard in 2017 that the old mods were gone and I heard that I had the opportunity to apply to become a ZA in FB. Updating adventures and creating stories have been a big of my life since I was a teenager, and remembering those feelings is what drew me back into FB. To my surprise, my impromptu nomination was elected and I was overjoyed to finally be given the CG that I had worked so hard for all of those years and given the opportunity to give back and grow the zone into something greater with my own creative spin to it. I was riding high, hosting a number of events, developing complex area progression and challenging trials, and lastly the opportunity to host a major widespread campaign for the entire community to enjoy. It was something I had always wanted to do and I finally got to live out my dream.

Perhaps it was hubris or too much ambition, but it’s no secret that running that campaign severely burned me out as a writer. I’m sure there’s a ton of things I could have done better to space it out and put less pressure on myself, but I was adamant that it would be resolved in a timely manner so that everyone could enjoy it to the highest degree. Do I regret any of it? Not in the slightest; it is one of the accomplishments I am most proud of in my entire time being in FB since I joined in 2004. However, none of us can change the past, and the fallout from updating such a massive campaign caused me to take a break from updating for a year and a half, that I’m only just coming out of. Not only updating, it’d been hard for me to even reply to my own zone adventures. It’s only been recently over the last couple of months that I’ve begun to rekindle that spark in writing and regain the itch to update.

That being said, I think it’s time for me to move on from running the CG. I’ve felt nothing but guilt during my burnout that I was not doing the zone I love so much justice, and I put a lot of blame on myself for making it unruly and overcomplicated to scare off potential updaters. While I want to get back into updating, I still feel like I have exhausted my creative juices when it comes to pushing the CG forward. As one of FB’s oldest zones, I know the CG has a lot of history and some people feel that it is a staple to have as a zone. I want to respect that history, but on the other hand I want to respect the fact that if I can’t give the CG my all, then I am only doing it a disservice. I have been thinking this over long and hard for months so I say none of this lightly. I wanted to wait until after Dialga’s Gate had closed so nothing would be rushed, and now that it’s finally time here’s what I have been planning on doing:
- In the upcoming ZA election, if someone wishes to run and wants to use the CG as their zone, I would gladly pass the torch onto them if elected.
- If the ZA who is elected chooses to not use the CG as their zone, then I will work my hardest with the CG’s updaters to make sure all ongoing adventures are wrapped properly and in a timely manner. I have not set a time frame yet, but it would likely be within a month or two depending on the progress of said updates. Nothing will be rushed.
- Once that time frame is up and there is another zone vacancy, I will throw my hat into the ring for a new zone idea that I have been working on for months. I’m sure many of you can guess what it might be, but it’ll be based on a type of ecosystem that I am very passionate in; something I have endless ideas for and would be able to devote my 100% to. I want it to be a fair opportunity for everyone, so I will go through the application process as any other prospective ZA would.

Some of you might call me selfish for doing this, but I personally feel that holding on to a title without giving the position my full potential is far worse. I take a lot of pride in trying to make FB as good as it can be, whether that be as a mod, as a ZA, or just as a regular member of the community. I really hope that all of these points that I’ve touched on resonates with you. Thank you for taking the time to read everything I have to say, but just to make sure nothing is glossed over I have highlighted the most important points. As always, I’m open to discussion and ready to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:29 AM   #58
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Just a little follow up note to the previous announcement to make it official: The Cloud Garden is now closed to new adventures until its future is a little less... cloudy.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #59
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Smol simple update: Trainers can now change their registered trainer birthday date! (Maybe you realized you read your birth certificate wrong? I dunno...)

Couple of rules related to that though, to avoid loopholes (So you can't just go around and get your birthday goodies, change to an upcoming later date, and get goodies again!)
  1. You can change your trainer b-day only once per calendar year; and
  2. You can't celebrate your trainer birthday more than once per calendar year.
The BBB's first post has been updated to reflect that, and... that's it!

Hope to see you soon!
Old 07-31-2020, 07:16 PM   #60
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming...

FBN Newscast: We are reporting to you live from the streets New Fizz City, its bustling downtown preparing to shake off its cobwebs.

It has been dire straights since temporal anomalies first plagued the metropolis, entire neighbourhoods forced to evacuate leaving a shell of stubborn citizens behind to tide the ensuing economic slump.

With the calamity over, the city is primed to rise from the ashes once again. Today businessowners are unboarding their shopfronts for the first time in months in preparation for an expected recovery in tourism.

Our dedicated town planners are hard at work too, not just patching up broken streets but blueprinting a slew of new developments to stimulate the city's economy into overdrive. With the threat of apocalypse for the most part behind us, there has truly never been a better time to visit the city that never sleeps!
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #61
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Ahoy mateys! The ocean that connects the diverse coastal regions of Fizzytopia is ready to be explored! To help you get started, here is a quick travel guide of how to reach various areas:
– Indicates the area is only accessed through use of a Pokemon with Surf
– Indicates the area is only accessed through use of a Pokemon with both Dive and Surf
– Indicates a port where boats may be chartered as an alternative to using a Pokemon with Surf.
Meaning, if an area is marked as a “port” or has no marker at all, then there are no travel restrictions to begin in that area whatsoever! Because of this, nearly half of the zone’s sub-areas are actually not in the water, but on land! However, if you wish to visit one of the ocean’s deepest mysteries but lack the Pokemon equipped to traverse the powerful ocean currents, you are still able to rent or charter transportation and diving equipment at any of the marked “port” areas first! Bon voyage~
Old 01-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #62
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

With TKF stepping down from his active duties in FB, the Arboreal Cradle is now closed to new adventures. There has not been a date set about the zone officially closing, so don't expect there to be an imminent rush to wrap up adventures in that zone until further notice is given.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:06 PM   #63
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Hi Everyone

The Arboreal Cradle will now move towards shutdown, with a goal of having all active adventures wrapped up by the end of June. This has already been discussed with the Zone's updaters so it would be appreciated if you could work with them to complete your adventure in a timely manner. Thanks for visiting the Arboreal Cradle.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #64
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Long time no post!

As the area where we have our establishment (ie Bulbagarden) is going to shut down, we have moved to a new location!

https://forums.upnetwork.net/showthr...572#post852572

Feel free to make new requests here; we will serve you with the same smile as before!

Wondering about your Pokémon's registered special characteristics and all those accessories you bought at our old location? T'inquičtes pas! In the same thread, we have a section which will list all your registered Pokémon with special characteristics, alongside with the receipts of all accessories and items you have bought from us, for all your proofing needs!

It'll take a little bit of time before this service is fully in place though. So please be patient, but rest assure that all the information will eventually be transferred before we format the computers in our old location!

Thank you for your continued patronage!

~ Mélina Loiseau
Old 04-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #65
Lil'twick
Insanity

Letting everyone know that the AR has been basically fully documented and is now ready for people to start posting in it again! Big shoutout to both myahoo and blu3shift for helping me out in cataloging everything.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-01-2021, 10:09 PM   #66
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Prof.Enigma Herewith an important Zone announcement!

Fizzific Ocean is Closed to any new adventures and is gearing up to shut down completely once every active adventure finishes up.

The Aboreal Cradle will also be moving closer to closing under the same circumstances.

I do believe that our end goal to have them both fully closed and shut down is around June.

That's all, Keep your eyes and ears open for the next announcement

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #67
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hello again!

I am pleased to announce that that the registry data transfer from our old location to our new one has been complete! (It could've went quicker if my computer was stable and BMG didn't remove FB early...)

https://forums.upnetwork.net/showpos...73&postcount=2

If you're looking for something in particular, just Ctrl+F either your own name or your Pokémon's name (if you have mentioned it upon registry), and should bring you to the right place! Also for your convenience, we also included the links of the previous UPN-based Boutiques, if ever you're looking for something in our old, old archives!

On a side note, we will also take more attention to continue updating the registry data (with links included) for any future new registration and purchases!

Thank you for your patience!

~ Mélina Loiseau
Old 03-12-2023, 06:58 PM   #68
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Long time to see~! (Wait, am I one of the rare few that actually posts here...?)

After some talk in the Development thread, HUGE changes has been done on the boutique! And I just don't mean renovations on the building! Here's the big tl;dr of it all:

- First Post in general has been revamped to make things a little shorter; putting RP/lore parts and long sections like style lists and the FAQ into spoilers, and the Furfrou, Pikachu/Eevee haircuts and Mimikyu clothes has been combined in one section.

- The ruling disallowing Pokémon with disabilities has been removed.
While we're against cruelty and want to avoid things that are gory, it has been recognized that not allowing Pokémon with disabilities is not only ableist, but unrealistic, and against one of the cores of the Boutique and Fizzy Bubbles: creative freedom. While it is on the decision of the players to roleplay in the subject, if the way the disabilities are represented are insulting, they will be taken care of seriously by the staff.

- Sizing:
- Any size outside of the average of the Pokémon that is either canon[/U] (in GO, LGPE, LA, SV) or within the Fizzy Bubbles limits (x2/200% to x0.33/33%) and that are proportionate[/U] (in the weight/height ratio) are now completely free of charge and does not require registration to the Boutique!

- The fee for registration for disproportionate sizing is now $100!
- While the note of the Auras is still present, it is only to wait until discussion with other shops has ended (as there's a possibility that Auras are integrated in other shops/areas of FB.)

- Contest items? YEET. Since we're not gonna have contests any time soon, the mention of them (on the exception of the accessories that are not and should not be Contest items) has been completely removed.

- Art Requests:
- While sprites still can be made, wording has been changed to a more general wording to be more inclusive to other kinds of art (official art editing, drawing, etc) and to be more explicit that it can be applied to anything, not just Pokémon!

- Now introducing: artist-specific commissions! When requesting art, you can specify an artist to create it!
- When anyone does an art commission for someone, they receive 1 FC per piece of art!

- While anyone can make art, we'll have a list of artists available, both on the First Post and in a pinned message in the upcoming art commissions Discord channel! If you would like to be on the list, please contact me via Discord or PM, along with link(s) as examples of your work, limitations (type of art, time, etc), and other info you would like to add!

- All existing rules about sprite-making still applies, and now applies to all artists.

- If an art request is made with no mention of a specific artist, it'll default to me. However if I can't pull off your request, I can ask another artist to lend a hand (and they'll have the FC instead!)

And there you have it! If you have any questions, please let me know!

~ Mélina Loiseau

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out