UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2023, 04:54 AM   #1
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Arcanine Gateway to Rebirth

Gateway Base: Rebirth Base

Following along the borders marking the Aboreal Cradle close to the sea, you happened to stumble upon an enormous Oaken tree closely guarded by three large hillsides covered in moss and other various plant life situated next to an equally large river leading into the ocean cliffside below. There was a mansion built into the side of the Oak tree that spiraled up around the tree, jutting out oddly compared to the scenery surrounding it.

This was Gateway, Rebirth Base.

Welcome one, Welcome all to my newly designed base.

Areas to explore free of invitation;

The Courtyard: The front yard leading up to the front door is situated at the base of the tree, off to the right there is a pool large enough for plenty of enormous aquatic pokemon or nonwater types to play in. There is no driveway so to speak but rather a moss-covered stone skipping path. An outdoor battle arena exists off to the left when approaching the base.

Areas requiring an invitation to explore;

Rebirth Mansion: A large-scale mansion that one could argue was actually the remnants of a castle built into the side of the Oak tree. It is home to all the members of Rebirth that visit this world. It has seven noticeable floors from the outside, covered in plant life growing symbiotically along the outworkings of the stone made to support the mansion. A balcony overlooks the pool and oceanside.
  • The first-floor houses the living room, and industrial-sized kitchen and has wooden doors that lead into the multilayered library housed within that seemingly combines the best of books with the best of technology. Telepads are installed on each of the libraries' floors for ease of access to each of them. The last floor of the library leads to the fifth floor of the mansion.

• Floors two through five house a multitude of rooms easily worthy of that of throne rooms. Each of the member's rooms can be located on floors two and three but four and five are unused and remain there until either other members join or they get used to housing guests.

• Floor six houses the indoor laboratory that Krelia is found at when not out in the field exploring Fizzytopia. Constantly being upgraded to state-of-the-art technology thanks to the combined efforts of Krelia, Avalon, and Alstroemeria.

• Floor seven houses the indoor battle arena built both inside and outside of the tree mansion. Seemingly having enough room to house pokemon large enough to be the length of several Wailords it has plenty of space and would have no issues housing rough large-scale dyna/gigantamax battles within it if not already being hosted outside.

• Floor eight is both a floor and not a floor. It's the largest possible space in all of the Rebirth mansion and serves as a multi-habitual biosphere catering to all types of pokemon, allowing any pokemon to enjoy the area and have fun. All Pokemon not currently being used by any members are stored here.

• Basement

Further secrets exist within the base, but one has to have close ties to the members in order to learn them. With that, this base is now open to character exploration and FreeRP. No need to worry about quoting and using a specific color anymore. I will notate where we are RPing within the title.

A second post will contain storylines that remain unfinished ( possibly even unstarted ) that can be continued.

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 02-08-2023 at 03:31 AM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Stories to continue!

SixDragons:
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat View Post
Gible tugged at the Sitrus Berry, trying to remove it from the small tree it hung from. Dracen caught up to him and took the Berry out of his claws.

"No, Gible," he scolded. "We don't know if these Berries belong to someone." He set his backpack on the ground and pulled a Haban Berry from inside it, handing it to the little dragon. He sat and watched Gible chomp down on the Berry, wiping the sweat from his forehead with one sleeve. "I wonder where we've ended up now?" His usual strategy for adventuring was to wander in a random direction until he found something. He usually wound up in a desert-like area, since that was where he was most comfortable, but they had found themselves in some kind of garden this time. Occasionally he felt a small rumbling, like the breathing of some huge Pokemon. Dracen took a drink of water from a bottle in his pack, then replaced it and glanced around. Nothing but woods in one direction, more garden for the most part. In the distance in one direction... some kind of building? Dracen stood up and tapped Gible on his dorsal fin. "Look over there." He pointed to the building and started walking. "C'mon, let's see what it is!"

CrazyCreeperKid:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Alakazam using drain punch on Luna was a bit of a surprise and for sure the first two punches landed on Luna before it pulled up it's psychic guard and started to retaliate as He teleported back to his side of the battlefield.

Looking around Drake noticed they had knocked enough debris loose to pull of this move he was figuring would be perfect for Luna to pull as a surprise onto unsuspecting oppenents

"DRACO METEOR!!!" And with that one command Luna surged its powers and picked up all the loose debris around her and launched it so far up in the sky, and with some guidance with psychic aiming the debris came back as flaming multicolored orbs of destruction and power

However this probably would have to be the last move he could pull on both of them before he would call Luna back due to fairness to her and everyone else

Old 01-31-2023, 05:51 PM   #3
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat View Post
Gible tugged at the Sitrus Berry, trying to remove it from the small tree it hung from. Dracen caught up to him and took the Berry out of his claws.

"No, Gible," he scolded. "We don't know if these Berries belong to someone." He set his backpack on the ground and pulled a Haban Berry from inside it, handing it to the little dragon. He sat and watched Gible chomp down on the Berry, wiping the sweat from his forehead with one sleeve. "I wonder where we've ended up now?" His usual strategy for adventuring was to wander in a random direction until he found something. He usually wound up in a desert-like area, since that was where he was most comfortable, but they had found themselves in some kind of garden this time. Occasionally he felt a small rumbling, like the breathing of some huge Pokemon. Dracen took a drink of water from a bottle in his pack, then replaced it and glanced around. Nothing but woods in one direction, more garden for the most part. In the distance in one direction... some kind of building? Dracen stood up and tapped Gible on his dorsal fin. "Look over there." He pointed to the building and started walking. "C'mon, let's see what it is!"

It had been quite some time since people stumbled across Gateway again, so long in fact that Drake was startled when the proximity alarms started ringing. Was it friend or foe? He accessed the base remote cameras and looked at the trainer approaching with a gible, watching the cute land shark pokemon stumble across to and fro and pick up an Oran Berry, no harm with it but the Trainer seemed to be respecting the property due to them seemingly speaking and motioning to drop it.

He ought to get Krelia to fix these up with microphones. She always ended up waving it off, saying that the laboratory was more important in the long run. Perhaps with this visitor, would prompt her to get around to getting it finished.

Drake surmised that it was time he went out to greet the new visitors, and mentally summoned Wolfe to meet him outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah Hello there! Traveling Trainer! "
Drake sprawled along the back of his partner Arcanine as you approached, neither of them looking inherently alarmed by your presence but a keen eye would note that they both were tense as if ready to spring into action at the drop of a nail.
These two were seasoned to danger and despite giving off the vibe of being easy and relaxed, you couldn't shake that they were studying you with a gaze that was akin to that of getting probed and prodded with a stick.
"Woah Zeodyr NO HEY STOP!"

Before you had a chance to really respond and figure out why he was yelling you watched the trainer, in one fluid motion, use his partner as a springboard, with which the Arcanine seemingly threw all of its weight to help this action, as he lept above and behind you tackling another pokemon. A Garchomp, who while towering over you, didn't show signs of aggression but rather that of fondness and looked as if it was going to reach out and wrap you in a hug. Which this trainer intercepted and took a tackle hug, knocking the land shark pokemon onto its back where he hugged it.
"We don't hug strangers until we get to know them, not everyone wants to get a hug from you right away you big cuddle shark" you could hear him speak into his other pokemon's scales as he struggled to untangle himself as the Garchomp decidedly locked him in a hug. " One moment please if you could excuse me"

This resulted in a huge sigh from the Arcanine. This must be a common occurrence, either that or this particular Garchomp was just a lover. After a moment of untangling the garchomp and finally settling the partner head on his lap while he gave it scritches under the chin, digging into a spot in between the scales, which apparently greatly appeased the dragon as the tail was wagging like that of a dog. "Before we were interrupted I was going to introduce myself. Hi, the name is Drake"

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 03-07-2023, 01:30 AM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"It shouldn't be much farther," Keith stated. "We're nearly there."

"Heh, about time," grinned Gavin. "Been looking forward to this since we got them invites."

"Yeah, I'd imagine you were, Gav," Keith replied.

"Yarrgh, I confess meself intrigued about all this," Tom chimed in. "I knows ye've told us the basics o' this Rebirth deal, Keith, but all the same..."

"Yeah, I get it, Tom," Keith nodded. "It's a lot to take in."

"Meowth, dat's right," Meowth nodded emphatically. "It's big stuff, too."

"Big indeed," Willa nodded. "And wildly dangerous," she added pointedly, with a glance at her daughter.

Maribel looked no more deterred by this than the last couple of times her parents had stressed this point with her. "I know, Mom," she replied.

Willa sighed. "You are still set, then, on asking to join in on this, then?"

"Of course!" Maribel replied, as though this was the most obvious thing in the world. "You don't really expect me to sit around and do nothing when there's something I can do to help out against this Purity organization, do you?"

"Maribel, sweetie, you know your mother and I know you're capable," Keith stated. "But that only gets you so far, and this really is dangerous stuff."

"...all I ask is that I get the chance to prove myself, and see what they think," Maribel stated obstinately. "I know you guys are worried about me, but I'm not gonna just not try."

"...indeed," Willa nodded resignedly. "All right, Maribel, but if they tell you no, that's that, understood?"

Maribel smiled. "Understood. Thanks, Mom," she said.

"Ahh, I got faith in you, kid," Rose grinned, quickening her pace so she was now walking alongside Maribel. "You're no slouch, I'll vouch for ya."

"Thanks, Rose," grinned Maribel.

Meanwhile, Tom looked over at the woman bringing up the rear, the only one of the group to not have spoken up in this conversation. "What of ye, then, Mom?" he asked.

"Well, naturally I would vouch for Maribel," Lily nodded. "And of course, Tommy, you know I'll be requesting permission to join Rebirth myself," she added. "I can certainly understand their hesitance to ask this of me, so I'm hoping I will get to put their concerns to rest."

"Yarrgh... I've no doubt about that," Tom nodded. "I- ehhhh, shiver me timbers!" he breathed, for at that moment, the group arrived in a beautiful open space overlooking the sea.

"Very pretty," Lily nodded approvingly.

"Wooooow," breathed Maribel.

"Oh, I like this," grinned Rose.

Gavin, meanwhile, said nothing, but let out a low whistle, evidently impressed. And not without reason, either- there was a battlefield, a gazebo, a river running through the northern portion into aforementioned sea, a trio of white peaks jutting up out of the ground, and most prominently, a massive tree with a large building situated all around the trunk. Once the group had finished marveling at the beautiful area, Keith led the way up to the arboreal accommodations, and knocked on the large double doors.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:26 AM   #5
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
"It shouldn't be much farther," Keith stated. "We're nearly there."

"Heh, about time," grinned Gavin. "Been looking forward to this since we got them invites."

"Yeah, I'd imagine you were, Gav," Keith replied.

"Yarrgh, I confess meself intrigued about all this," Tom chimed in. "I knows ye've told us the basics o' this Rebirth deal, Keith, but all the same..."

"Yeah, I get it, Tom," Keith nodded. "It's a lot to take in."

"Meowth, dat's right," Meowth nodded emphatically. "It's big stuff, too."

"Big indeed," Willa nodded. "And wildly dangerous," she added pointedly, with a glance at her daughter.

Maribel looked no more deterred by this than the last couple of times her parents had stressed this point with her. "I know, Mom," she replied.

Willa sighed. "You are still set, then, on asking to join in on this, then?"

"Of course!" Maribel replied, as though this was the most obvious thing in the world. "You don't really expect me to sit around and do nothing when there's something I can do to help out against this Purity organization, do you?"

"Maribel, sweetie, you know your mother and I know you're capable," Keith stated. "But that only gets you so far, and this really is dangerous stuff."

"...all I ask is that I get the chance to prove myself, and see what they think," Maribel stated obstinately. "I know you guys are worried about me, but I'm not gonna just not try."

"...indeed," Willa nodded resignedly. "All right, Maribel, but if they tell you no, that's that, understood?"

Maribel smiled. "Understood. Thanks, Mom," she said.

"Ahh, I got faith in you, kid," Rose grinned, quickening her pace so she was now walking alongside Maribel. "You're no slouch, I'll vouch for ya."

"Thanks, Rose," grinned Maribel.

Meanwhile, Tom looked over at the woman bringing up the rear, the only one of the group to not have spoken up in this conversation. "What of ye, then, Mom?" he asked.

"Well, naturally I would vouch for Maribel," Lily nodded. "And of course, Tommy, you know I'll be requesting permission to join Rebirth myself," she added. "I can certainly understand their hesitance to ask this of me, so I'm hoping I will get to put their concerns to rest."

"Yarrgh... I've no doubt about that," Tom nodded. "I- ehhhh, shiver me timbers!" he breathed, for at that moment, the group arrived in a beautiful open space overlooking the sea.

"Very pretty," Lily nodded approvingly.

"Wooooow," breathed Maribel.

"Oh, I like this," grinned Rose.

Gavin, meanwhile, said nothing, but let out a low whistle, evidently impressed. And not without reason, either- there was a battlefield, a gazebo, a river running through the northern portion into aforementioned sea, a trio of white peaks jutting up out of the ground, and most prominently, a massive tree with a large building situated all around the trunk. Once the group had finished marveling at the beautiful area, Keith led the way up to the arboreal accommodations, and knocked on the large double doors.

As each trainer approached the base, Buer couldn't help but smile. The bets were right on the dime as the members they omitted invites from had shown up regardless of those invited. It was time to enact phase one of the test.

The attack was ruthless, striking fast and hard Penumbra snatched Tom and Terri, while Voltsy took Gavin.
Zeodyr went in for the swoop snatching Keith and Willa away. All of this happened within the blink of an eye, leaving Lily, Rose, and Maribel alone recovering from the fumes of the tear gas Aromatic Mist Concentrate from Queenie.

Buer stood before them, blocking the ladies' path, and looked on with a cryptic mask on their face.

"What, Rebirth thinks they can send some wannabes to take me down? HA! Laughable. Strike now ~ "
A nuzleaf charged out, running at speeds faster than imaginable, Attacking Quickly, whilst a Conkeldur Taunted, shaking its big concrete pillar, motioning that she was open for attack. Lastly, a Bouffalant Charged Head on from the rear! If anyone wanted to do anything they would have to be creative with how they changed the flow of the attack from the start. Buer tested them to see how fast they could think on their feet while facing the opposition of a pincer strike whilst being unable to act defensively.

Buer had already researched each and everyone but... Regardless they had to make sure that their assumptions were right. IF they were to join the team... They have to be able to hold their own so to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake finished explaining to everyone else what was going on after they had been brought safely to the top of the tree. The huge monitor in front of everyone showed them all that was going on, and Drake explained that they had fail-safes in place should things go wrong as Alstro watched on from within a nearby tree, expertly Camoflauged with Wolfe, arguably the fastest pokemon here able to rescue anyone should their split-second choices backfire.

"We figured you would bring Lily, Rose, and Maribel but this was the best way to test their mettle so to speak without putting them into real danger. This effectively controlled environment has to feel real which is why we captured you all without any warning. It's not that we wouldn't trust you to tell them... but It was better if you all didn't know because then everything could be genuine." He watched on while offering everyone drinks and snacks, assuring that Lily, Rose, and Maribel would get some too once they reached the top floor of the base. He asked Keith if he could take his hat and toss it from the top of the tower should they pass this part of the test, to allow them to know where to go from. Also asking if they could aid in making an explosion of attacks shoot from the top in an irregular pattern.

"If we showcase that each of you is indeed ok in some form and battling, it would help prevent them from losing hope and giving up."

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 03-08-2023, 02:29 AM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

As each trainer approached the base, Buer couldn't help but smile. The bets were right on the dime as the members they omitted invites from had shown up regardless of those invited. It was time to enact phase one of the test.

The attack was ruthless, striking fast and hard Penumbra snatched Tom and Terri, while Voltsy took Gavin.
Zeodyr went in for the swoop snatching Keith and Willa away. All of this happened within the blink of an eye, leaving Lily, Rose, and Maribel alone recovering from the fumes of the tear gas Aromatic Mist Concentrate from Queenie.

Buer stood before them, blocking the ladies' path, and looked on with a cryptic mask on their face.

"What, Rebirth thinks they can send some wannabes to take me down? HA! Laughable. Strike now ~ "
A nuzleaf charged out, running at speeds faster than imaginable, Attacking Quickly, whilst a Conkeldur Taunted, shaking its big concrete pillar, motioning that she was open for attack. Lastly, a Bouffalant Charged Head on from the rear! If anyone wanted to do anything they would have to be creative with how they changed the flow of the attack from the start. Buer tested them to see how fast they could think on their feet while facing the opposition of a pincer strike whilst being unable to act defensively.

Buer had already researched each and everyone but... Regardless they had to make sure that their assumptions were right. IF they were to join the team... They have to be able to hold their own so to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake finished explaining to everyone else what was going on after they had been brought safely to the top of the tree. The huge monitor in front of everyone showed them all that was going on, and Drake explained that they had fail-safes in place should things go wrong as Alstro watched on from within a nearby tree, expertly Camoflauged with Wolfe, arguably the fastest pokemon here able to rescue anyone should their split-second choices backfire.

"We figured you would bring Lily, Rose, and Maribel but this was the best way to test their mettle so to speak without putting them into real danger. This effectively controlled environment has to feel real which is why we captured you all without any warning. It's not that we wouldn't trust you to tell them... but It was better if you all didn't know because then everything could be genuine." He watched on while offering everyone drinks and snacks, assuring that Lily, Rose, and Maribel would get some too once they reached the top floor of the base. He asked Keith if he could take his hat and toss it from the top of the tower should they pass this part of the test, to allow them to know where to go from. Also asking if they could aid in making an explosion of attacks shoot from the top in an irregular pattern.

"If we showcase that each of you is indeed ok in some form and battling, it would help prevent them from losing hope and giving up."
Approaching the tower, nobody seemed to suspect anything amiss... which of course made it all the more startling when things began happening. Tom, Terri, Gavin, Keith, and Willa all got snatched up basically all at once, under the cover of a tear gas. Lily's protective maternal instincts flared up at once, and she held both Maribel and Rose close to her.

"Mom! Dad!" Maribel exclaimed, looking around once she was able to.

"Tommy!" Lily called out.

"Gavin? Terri?" Rose yelled.

Just then, an unfamiliar and ominous figure showed up before what remained of the group, laughing at the apparent wannabes they thought Rebirth sent to take them down. They then commanded their Pokémon to strike, and that's what said Pokémon went to do. The Nuzleaf and Bouffalant teamed up for a pincer attack while a Conkeldurr taunted them all.

Maribel threw a Luxury Ball behind them. "Come out- Bouffalant!" she declared, as her own Bouffalant emerged in the path of the enemy Bouffalant. "We'll use Head Charge as well!" And Bouffalant bellowed, charging headfirst at the oncoming Bouffalant with Reckless abandon.

Rose had, in the meantime, thrown two balls of her own. "Time to fight- Kasa! Pisces!" she exclaimed. The Hisuian Decidueye appeared on the ground, while the Blue-Striped Basculin appeared just above Rose, who grabbed the belligerent fish, wielding her like a club. "Triple Arrows!" she commanded, indicating the oncoming Nuzleaf. Meanwhile, she glanced back and forth between all enemies, Pisces raised like a club, the Basculin looking similarly ready to strike at a moment's notice.

"Take dis!" Meowth exclaimed, charging ahead of Kasa to land a Fake Out on the Nuzleaf. After which, of course, he intended to get out of the way to allow the Triple Arrows to land unimpeded.

"Rose, Ms. McPhione, are you both OK?" Maribel asked.

"I'm good kid, what about you?" Rose asked.

"I'm fine," Maribel confirmed.

"That is good to hear," Lily murmured to them both. "I'm fine, too. And don't worry- we will rescue the others." And Lily was by no means just standing by, letting the younger Trainers do all the work either- from the Dragon Ball she cast forward emerged a stunningly beautiful Dragalge. With a dangerous gleam in her eye, Lily gestured towards the Conkeldurr. "Seaweed, Fire Spin!" she commanded.

"Gaaalgeeeee!" trilled Seaweed, letting loose a fiery vortex that proceeded to wind its way around the Conkeldurr, surely incapacitating the Fighting-type, at least for the time being. Not a permanent solution, but it bought them time to deal with the actively attacking Pokémon.

Lily nodded her approval of this, then turned her attention to Buer, fixing them with a dangerous piercing glare that would make a Mega Gallade flinch. "You, there," she seethed, her tone of voice cold and dangerous. "You will tell us where our friends and family were taken, and ensure their timely and safe return to us. The only question is whether you do so willingly, or whether you will require... persuading." And even though this was merely a test, Buer would undoubtedly still feel a chill down their spine at how downright ominous that last word sounded coming from Lily McPhione, coupled with her eyes flashing dangerously at the same time. Thankfully, they weren't actually endangering Lily McPhione's loved ones, but at the moment, she couldn't know that...

~~~~~

"...Holy shit, Drake," Gavin spoke up, breaking the stunned silence that followed the explanation of what was going on.

"Honestly, I think this was a good idea, all things considered," Keith shrugged. "Willa and I were worried about how Maribel would fare, and this'll be a pretty effective and safe way to determine whether this is a good idea or not."

"Indeed," Willa concurred. "I don't like the idea of our little girl putting herself in danger like that, but after the Battle for Sludge Wave Coast, I can't deny she's good in a crisis."

"Truer words never spoken, my love," Keith nodded sagely.

"Honestly, methinks ye ought be more worried about yer matey down there," Tom remarked. "Me mom's thinkin' they be responsible fer kidnappin' her loved ones, and, well, ye see how that gets 'er," he said, gesturing to the monitor showing things going on.

Terri watched the monitor with a smile, as though she was watching an enjoyable TV show. "They've got this," she said simply. "I understand why you didn't fill us in. And evidently Luna agrees- this explains the premonition she had this morning that she refused to discuss. Normally she's quite forthcoming about her premonitions, only keeping them quiet when in the name of withholding spoilers, so to speak."

Drake offered beverages and snacks to all, an offer taken with pleasure and gratitude on all sides. He then requested that Keith toss down his Mega Hat once they passed the first part of the test, and also asked everyone to help give the impression of a big battle going on at the top of the tower, so as to keep up their morale.

Tom chuckled. "Ye really don't know me mother, do ya?" he grinned. "Lily Drasna McPhione don't give up on 'er loved ones, and if they be dead, she'll pursue the killers to the ends o' the earth and beyond."

"And Maribel's inherited the old Masters family stubbornness," Keith added. "I'll be very surprised if she gives up hope so easily."

"And Rose we haven't known for too long, but she comes off real tenacious-like," Gavin stated.

"All that being said, however, they would of course expect us to be fighting with all we've got," Willa reminded them all. "While their tenacity cannot be in question, I think the least we can do is ensure they don't begin to believe us dead."

"Yeah, that's a fair point," Keith nodded. The others nodded as well, voicing their agreement with this sentiment. "So let's just keep watching, see how this goes, and then when the time comes, we'll send stuff out and get to attacking."

"Sounds like a plan, man," Gavin stated, sitting back, relaxing, and munching on a handful of popcornn as he watched the monitor.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:59 PM   #7
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Approaching the tower, nobody seemed to suspect anything amiss... which of course made it all the more startling when things began happening. Tom, Terri, Gavin, Keith, and Willa all got snatched up basically all at once, under the cover of a tear gas. Lily's protective maternal instincts flared up at once, and she held both Maribel and Rose close to her.

"Mom! Dad!" Maribel exclaimed, looking around once she was able to.

"Tommy!" Lily called out.

"Gavin? Terri?" Rose yelled.

Just then, an unfamiliar and ominous figure showed up before what remained of the group, laughing at the apparent wannabes they thought Rebirth sent to take them down. They then commanded their Pokémon to strike, and that's what said Pokémon went to do. The Nuzleaf and Bouffalant teamed up for a pincer attack while a Conkeldurr taunted them all.

Maribel threw a Luxury Ball behind them. "Come out- Bouffalant!" she declared, as her own Bouffalant emerged in the path of the enemy Bouffalant. "We'll use Head Charge as well!" And Bouffalant bellowed, charging headfirst at the oncoming Bouffalant with Reckless abandon.

Rose had, in the meantime, thrown two balls of her own. "Time to fight- Kasa! Pisces!" she exclaimed. The Hisuian Decidueye appeared on the ground, while the Blue-Striped Basculin appeared just above Rose, who grabbed the belligerent fish, wielding her like a club. "Triple Arrows!" she commanded, indicating the oncoming Nuzleaf. Meanwhile, she glanced back and forth between all enemies, Pisces raised like a club, the Basculin looking similarly ready to strike at a moment's notice.

"Take dis!" Meowth exclaimed, charging ahead of Kasa to land a Fake Out on the Nuzleaf. After which, of course, he intended to get out of the way to allow the Triple Arrows to land unimpeded.

"Rose, Ms. McPhione, are you both OK?" Maribel asked.

"I'm good kid, what about you?" Rose asked.

"I'm fine," Maribel confirmed.

"That is good to hear," Lily murmured to them both. "I'm fine, too. And don't worry- we will rescue the others." And Lily was by no means just standing by, letting the younger Trainers do all the work either- from the Dragon Ball she cast forward emerged a stunningly beautiful Dragalge. With a dangerous gleam in her eye, Lily gestured towards the Conkeldurr. "Seaweed, Fire Spin!" she commanded.

"Gaaalgeeeee!" trilled Seaweed, letting loose a fiery vortex that proceeded to wind its way around the Conkeldurr, surely incapacitating the Fighting-type, at least for the time being. Not a permanent solution, but it bought them time to deal with the actively attacking Pokémon.

Lily nodded her approval of this, then turned her attention to Buer, fixing them with a dangerous piercing glare that would make a Mega Gallade flinch. "You, there," she seethed, her tone of voice cold and dangerous. "You will tell us where our friends and family were taken, and ensure their timely and safe return to us. The only question is whether you do so willingly, or whether you will require... persuading." And even though this was merely a test, Buer would undoubtedly still feel a chill down their spine at how downright ominous that last word sounded coming from Lily McPhione, coupled with her eyes flashing dangerously at the same time. Thankfully, they weren't actually endangering Lily McPhione's loved ones, but at the moment, she couldn't know that...

~~~~~

"...Holy shit, Drake," Gavin spoke up, breaking the stunned silence that followed the explanation of what was going on.

"Honestly, I think this was a good idea, all things considered," Keith shrugged. "Willa and I were worried about how Maribel would fare, and this'll be a pretty effective and safe way to determine whether this is a good idea or not."

"Indeed," Willa concurred. "I don't like the idea of our little girl putting herself in danger like that, but after the Battle for Sludge Wave Coast, I can't deny she's good in a crisis."

"Truer words never spoken, my love," Keith nodded sagely.

"Honestly, methinks ye ought be more worried about yer matey down there," Tom remarked. "Me mom's thinkin' they be responsible fer kidnappin' her loved ones, and, well, ye see how that gets 'er," he said, gesturing to the monitor showing things going on.

Terri watched the monitor with a smile, as though she was watching an enjoyable TV show. "They've got this," she said simply. "I understand why you didn't fill us in. And evidently Luna agrees- this explains the premonition she had this morning that she refused to discuss. Normally she's quite forthcoming about her premonitions, only keeping them quiet when in the name of withholding spoilers, so to speak."

Drake offered beverages and snacks to all, an offer taken with pleasure and gratitude on all sides. He then requested that Keith toss down his Mega Hat once they passed the first part of the test, and also asked everyone to help give the impression of a big battle going on at the top of the tower, so as to keep up their morale.

Tom chuckled. "Ye really don't know me mother, do ya?" he grinned. "Lily Drasna McPhione don't give up on 'er loved ones, and if they be dead, she'll pursue the killers to the ends o' the earth and beyond."

"And Maribel's inherited the old Masters family stubbornness," Keith added. "I'll be very surprised if she gives up hope so easily."

"And Rose we haven't known for too long, but she comes off real tenacious-like," Gavin stated.

"All that being said, however, they would of course expect us to be fighting with all we've got," Willa reminded them all. "While their tenacity cannot be in question, I think the least we can do is ensure they don't begin to believe us dead."

"Yeah, that's a fair point," Keith nodded. The others nodded as well, voicing their agreement with this sentiment. "So let's just keep watching, see how this goes, and then when the time comes, we'll send stuff out and get to attacking."

"Sounds like a plan, man," Gavin stated, sitting back, relaxing, and munching on a handful of popcornn as he watched the monitor.

Lily McPhione.
This was the member that Buer had the least amount of doubt for and with her piercing gaze and her tone shifting, it struck Buer. For the first time ever Buer, despite living for at least a good five millennia felt fear. Even if only fleeting and briefly

They did well with the situation, forcing everyone back but it matters not they surmised. Everyone here was trained personally by them and didn't oft truly stumble when matched. Tengu admittedly couldn't help but flinch when getting attacked but shrugged off the damage of the Triple Arrows well. Maribel disrupted the fire spinning around her with ease using her pillars well. Ferdinand met his Reckless counterpart and locked horns with his chosen foe. He was determined to keep this one here as out of all of them this one would pose the most destructive to Tengu and the surrounding area.

"You think, that you scare me? Do you think that I wouldn't hesitate to kill them at a moment's notice? No. I will not.
Im merely stalling you all while my cohorts are breaking their minds, gathering the information we need since they were so kind enough to plop into our lap after we finished off those who lived here." As they spoke Buer pulled out something which was undeniably Drake's Krelia's and Celyn's Pokedexes ( Old ones but these three wouldn't know that ) and crushed them within their gloved hand.
"I do not make it a habit personally to hurt women and children but I will not hesitate to dispatch you all, in the same manner, should you prove to be too troublesome to leave alive."

Stones with jagged edges erupted from the ground striking all, friend or foe as Maribel slammed her concrete pillars upon the ground. Tengu used this opportunity to leap from the striking stone firing bullets made of seeds from his mouth, striking all trapped below within the edges of the stones. Ferdinand dragged his opponent away from the match bashing his opponent with his skull to keep its attention on him.

Buer would test them all. They had to force past Buer to make it inside. Once inside they would be met with the Twins who will hinder their ascent to the battlefield above. Buer would be careful to ensure that no long-lasting bodily harm would come to the three of course but should something indeed happen Alstro was tucked away within the confines of the trees with Wolfe to rescue them all should it be needed.

Everything about this test would for the most part go as smoothly as they planned. This controlled environment within a relatively controlled match. Granted this could be Psychological torture in a sense, but that is in part why they upstairs are to show signs that they are still fighting and alive so these three don't get potentially crushed with all of this pressure bearing down upon them. Now the question was. Can they hold up their own?

Old 03-29-2023, 08:41 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Buer felt true fear, even if only momentarily, upon being fixed with the piercing glare of Lily Drasna McPhione. And they hid it well, insisting that they wouldn't hesitate to kill the alleged captives at a moment's notice, that they were merely stalling the group while breaking their minds, rounding off the bluff by crushing Drake's, Krelia's, and Celyn's old Pokédexes in their gloved hand.

"If you kill them, it will be the last mistake you ever make in your life," Lily responded firmly. "Seaweed!"

"Gaaalgeee!" trilled Seaweed. At once, both Buer and the Conkeldurr were surrounded by several dozen Dragalge- Seaweed had used Double Team in a big way. The Stone Edge took care of some of the copies, but Seaweed was accounting for this, replenishing the copies with sheer speed.

"Bouffalant, no letup!" Maribel encouraged her Pokémon. "Counter, right now!"

"Kasa! Skitter Smack!" Rose commanded.

~~~~~

"OK, I think it's about time we showed off a few attacks," Keith stated, standing up. "They've been told about the potential for breaking our minds, they're gonna want to see we're not giving in so easily."

"Indeed," Willa agreed emphatically, retrieving an Ultra Ball from her bag and throwing it. "Yanmega!" she declared.

Keith plucked the Poké Ball off the string around his neck and tossed it. "Come on out, Gemini!" he called.

"Sherles, shine for me!" Gavin added, throwing a Poké Ball of his own.

"Engage, engage!" Terri exclaimed, throwing a Wing Ball.

"Yarr, Seaking, weigh anchor!" Tom declared, throwing a Lure Ball.

They all appeared at once; Willa's Yanmega, Keith's Normal Form Weezing, Gavin's Shiny Slurpuff, Terri's Sigilyph, and Tom's Seaking. The five Pokémon glanced around, but Gemini and Mustard were the first to notice the monitor showing their friends embroiled in a fierce fight. "Weezing!?" both heads exclaimed in simultaneous displays of concern.

"Long story, guys," Keith stated. "It's a test. And we got our own parts to play in this. We gotta make it look like we're fighting back something fierce up here, OK?"

"Yanmega, some carefully aimed Air Slashes and Bug Buzzes should give the correct impression," Willa stated.

"Gemini, Mustard, I need you guys to use Caustic Crossbones, again and again," Keith added.

"Sherles, an Ice Beam here, a Fairy Wind there, that ought to give the right idea," stated Gavin.

"Engage, I think your Steel Beam is the perfect move for this," said Terri.

"Seaking, me bucko, start off by alternatin' between yer Psybeam and Pin Missile," Tom instructed.

With that, the Pokémon set to work, launching their various attacks in all directions, aiming mostly for visibility from the outside.

~~~~~

"Look!" breathed Maribel, pointing to the top of the tower. "They're fighting back!"

"Heh, they sure are!" grinned Rose. "OK, we gotta get to them!"

"That we do," nodded Lily. "But first we must ensure we've dealt with this nuisance well enough, or we'll find ourselves surrounded between them and whatever awaits us inside." The girls nodded- Lily was making far too much sense to ignore. And so they each sent out an additional Pokémon- Lily sent out Norbert, her Haxorus; Maribel sent out her Dracovish; and Rose didn't actually send out another Pokémon, but rather began taking aim with the Basculin she wielded in her hands.

Lily knew the time had come to quit toying around with that Conkeldurr, and to put a more decisive end to this matchup. "Gunk Shot!" she commanded Seaweed.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:49 PM   #9
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Before anyone's moves could connect with each other, Time seemed to slow down almost to a stopping point, bells chiming, drums beating... people seemed to be singing

"Stealing my image are we Buer? Tsk Tsk naughty thing you are." This figure danced in front of "Buer" for a brief moment, somehow forcing them to take their hand. This new masked person seemed to be dragging them along for a tango before forcibly spinning them into a tree with such a force that it uprooted the behemoth and flung it with "Buer" several yards away.

Before anyone could blink, all the Pokémon that "Buer" was using suddenly grabbed Lily, Maribel and Rose and sped with such a speed that could only be explained by a fear adrenalin rush. Despite being dragged into the base, Maribel watched Asltro drop from the tree she was hidden in with Wolfe and throw themselves into the line of fire with this mysterious masked individual. Alastro didn't have time to introduce herself or even ensure that the others got to safety. Her one single goal was to buy them time, and she only hopped she could hold HIM off long enough for Drake to get everyone away.

The doors closed on Alastro throwing as much as she could into a punch while Wolfe seemed to be running around with such an extreme speed to... keep him trapped?

The next thing any of the three knew, they were upstairs with the perfectly fine and free friends and family who were just as confused as Drake had gone paler than a Cursola and was frantically typing into a keyboard sounding off numerous alarms.

"I do NOT know if I have enough time to explain, In short this was a test, you all will pass but THAT," He points to the camera monitor showcasing the masked man throwing Alastro off as if she were but a fruit fly before toying with Wolfe "Is the worst possible thing to happen, even far worse than when those sisters attacked us Keith."

He shoved a key into Lily's hand. "He will not let me and my family go, and he may not let Keith go... but if it comes down to it, you are to take everyone you can and go into the elevator and use this key to take you to the lowest possible floor. Inside there is a crystal. Touch it and explain to the others that "Archetype" has found us."

"He has strict rules he follows and codes of conduct, but will not hesitate to kill if it presents a problem. It took three champion level trainers to hold him slightly off for thirty minutes. DO not look back, and ONLY FIGHT if you cannot escape."

Drake turned back to the rest and spoke as fast as he could because everyone could hear the singing and noises get louder and louder as the masked Archetype got closer and closer.

"I am not going to attempt to stop you from fighting him when he gets in here, but do not take anything as a normal everyday fight. Fight as if your life depends upon it. The last time he and I fought, we nearly lost Alstro, and we had lost another member of our team. Like I said, the moment it looks BAD, make a run for it. If the elevator doesn't work use the stairs and jump them until you get to the last door at the bottom, the key works there too.

Shit'

"Drake... my my, did you like our last meeting? Positively dreamy, wasn't it? Oh? What do we have here" The music stopped as the masked man sat on the computer keys, practically sprawled across them, sipping a pina colda as if nothing was going on.

Old 01-04-2024, 06:08 AM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle raged on. Or... it would have done so, except things got very weird, very quickly. Time itself seemed to slow down, as a mysterious masked man appeared on the scene, seeming to somehow slow down time, and... dancing with Buer? Forcibly? And then spinning them into a tree?

Before anyone could decide what to make of this, everyone present was grabbed by the Pokémon Buer had been using and dragged inside, and more to the point, reunited with friends and family alike, perfectly fine and free, and just as bewildered as them as to what was going on. "What-" began Gavin.

Drake, however, was talking quickly. He explained to Maribel, Lily, and Rose that what they were going through was a test, and that they all would pass, but right now, they had bigger problems, stating him to be an even bigger problem than the sisters that had attacked that one time. "Worse than those?!" Keith repeated in shock.

Drake shoved a key into Lily's hand, stating that this masked man wouldn't let him or his family go, and might not even let Keith go, which got Keith to blink in surprise for a moment, before piecing two and two together- this man was likely a member of Purity. Lily was instructed to, if it came down to it, take everyone she could into the elevator and use the key to take them all to the lowest possible floor, where there was a crystal. She was to touch it and explain to the others that Archetype had found them. Lily was bewildered by all this, but nodded resolutely all the same.

Drake stressed that the man wouldn't hesitate to kill if it would solve whatever problem was impeding his goals, and that it took three Champion level Trainers to hold him off somewhat for half an hour. He stressed that they shouldn't look back and should only fight if escape wasn't an option.

Archetype was getting closer, if the noises and the singing getting progressively louder was anything to go by. With time running low, Drake told everyone that he wouldn't try to stop them from fighting when Archetype got in, and stressed that they should not treat this as an ordinary fight. They should fight as though for their lives, and flee the second things started to look bad.

And then he was there, the masked man himself, sprawled across the computer's keyboard, sipping his drink as though without a care in the world, greeting Drake quite casually, before noticing everyone else.

Keith, Willa, Maribel, Terri, Gavin, and Tom exchanged looks, and in that moment, a clear unspoken understanding was reached. They weren't fleeing just yet. Gemini & Mustard, Meowth, Sherles, Engage, Seaking, Seaweed, Bouffalant, and Kasa all stepped forward, flew forward, slid gracefully forward, or flopped forward, as the case may be. And behind them, their Trainers readied various Poké Balls and threw them. If Drake's concerns were warranted, this would call for everything everyone had on hand.

Keith had sent out Kyle the Heatmor, Hebenon the Normal Form Qwilfish, Charlie the Charizard, and Lavender the Jigglypuff. Gavin had sent out Miror the Maractus, Dudley the Shiny Normal Form Slowbro, Phenac the Shiny Metagross, Venus the Shiny Roserade, and Zook the Shiny Blaziken. Terri had sent out George the Malamar, Observe the Medicham, Vanish the Shedinja, Nuzzle the Mimikyu, and Bear the Golurk. Willa had sent out Eelektross, Gyarados, Absol, Swampert, and Exeggutor. Maribel had sent out Salamence, Hippowdon, Weezing, Grimmsnarl, and Larvitar. Tom had sent out Dhelmise, Dragonite, Wailord, Skitty, and Sharpedo. Lily had sent out Seagallop the Lapras, Norbert the Haxorus, Tidepool the Shellos, Stormfront the Altaria, and Maelstrom the Dewott. And Rose sent out Grace the Mienshao, Wire the Hitmontop, Pisces the Blue-Striped Basculin, Helga the Hariyama, and Pow the Hitmonchan. All Pokémon present immediately recognized the seriousness of the situation, and stood ready to fight, wary in the extreme of this strange man and what he might do. In particular, Keith and Kyle exchanged looks and nods, their feelings on the matter entirely in sync. And then, a vortex of flame engulfed Kyle, and the Heatmor underwent a grand transformation within the fiery pillar, before said pillar got sucked into his tail pipe, revealing the once more!

Lily cast a withering glare at the masked man, the sort of look that would send a shiver down a Treecko's spine and make a Mega Gallade flinch. "We have been told of you," she said icily. "You have one chance to leave this place. One. If you do not take that chance, that is strike one with me. Continuing your attack would be strike two. And with me... there are only two strikes," she finished ominiously.

No attack orders were given, but if the man were to do anything, that would quickly change. At the very least, Kyle was prepared to launch into a Sucker Punch to forestall any offensive maneuvers. He had no such orders, but being in complete sync with Keith at this moment, didn't actually need orders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases