UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #26
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

" Well... It looks as if there was some huge fight going on here, cause there are new craters in the Rock pool's that I know for a fact weren't there this morning when I took Diligence out with my boat" He nods over to his Lapras who nods back.
This man didn't seem to scream suspicious person, but you felt it best to keep your guard up with him for now.

" You don't seem to be covered in any injuries so whatever happened you musta been shield by someone or something... but judging by the surrounding pools, they must have been one tough cookie or pokemon to withstand whatever was being fired at them.

Where you with someone else here? You look a bit worried as if someone is missing here."

As the man was asking you questions, Fomantis on the other hand was busy staring down a Krabby and was intent upon winning this supposed staring contest that was going on between them... and... as you looked over you happened to notice something was behind it...

Something far too small and it was quivering behind the Krabby who you now noticed looked to be taking up a defensive position in front of it. Could that be one of Krelia's partners???
As you scrambled to get up the man flailed backward " WOAH there dude calm down"
It fell upon deaf ears as you got closer and confirmed your suspicion. It was indeed one of Krelia's Pokémon, Penumbra, and from the looks of it he wasn't doing too well. There was blood visibly dripping from several open wounds across Penumbra's body.
The man was right; this place looked less like a beach and more like a warzone. There were craters everywhere, although Elijah couldn't be sure if they were there before because the last time he saw it was during a very bad bout of disorientation. At least his Pokémon were doing well: Epoch had started to inspect their surroundings, and Fomantis seemed to have turned her attention towards something else, striking a somewhat aggressive pose like she was about to battle it. How long had he been out?! He quickly whipped out his Pokédex to check the time.

6:13 PM. He remembered that he bought lunch at around five, which meant that he'd been out for about an hour. That was just a bit more than the moment that he needed earlier, which would have been great if he hadn't somehow gotten himself tangled in the middle of a conflict between a bunch of poachers and some scientist that clearly had no concept of personal boundaries. He figured that he could probably figure out what the Pokémon surrounding him were while he was at it... but somehow, "Diligence" looked familiar to him...

Oh yeah, that's a Lapras! Duh. In all of his stupor as a trainer, he forgot about all of the newer Pokémon that had found a niche back home in Unova when he was, like, ten or something. He was really out of it, almost like he'd stumbled directly into a plot hole in some book that really needed fixing. Good thing that this was real life and there were no plot holes or weird authors that kind of made things up as they went along controlling his every move to speak of, right?

Still didn't hurt to log it in his Pokédex for the sake of completion, though. There was also that one crab-looking thing a little further down the beach that Fomantis was giving some sort of stink-eye—a Krabby, as the device told him... and a Zorua? What was a Zorua doing way out here? There was only one Zorua he knew about, and that was...

Penumbra. Of course one of Krelia's Pokémon happened to be left behind in all the wreckage—somehow he wasn't as hurt as they were, which kind of struck him as odd. How could he, some lowly 18 year old that would probably wipe out at the gym, have managed to survive whatever had knocked him out while this Zorua was hit pretty hard? There was no way that Penumbra could have protected him from an explosion this bad.

...Speaking of "hit pretty hard," Penumbra wasn't doing so hot, if all the wounds that stained his fur red weren't enough to give Elijah a hint. He needed to get that Zorua healed (even if it did belong to... her), and going off of the last time that he was in this situation, throwing him a berry wouldn't cut it. Plus, there was that Krabby standing guard in front of him, which probably would end in Elijah being the one that was wounded if he even tried to intervene.

Wait, standing guard? Now that Elijah thought of it, the Krabby didn't seem very malicious, even if those red-orange claws looked a little menacing. In fact, it might have been trying to protect Penumbra instead of trying to take down the damaged Zorua. Preferring to take the pacifistic route instead of throwing himself into a fight for no reason, Elijah rushed over to Fomantis (despite the man's pleas) to try to stop her.

"Hey, whoa, stand down, I don't think that Krabby's trying to hurt us," Elijah called to Fomantis, who reluctantly returned to a standing pose with a "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan." He couldn't understand Pokémon at all (although he kind of secretly wanted to ever since he caught the Grass-type in the first place), but it didn't take a professor to know exactly what she wanted to do.

"Come on, we're going to be doing a lot of fighting tonight if this is going where I think this is going."

Oops, Purrloin's out of the bag. Might as well explain to the man what's going on before he got the wrong idea.

"...Yeah, I was with someone else," Elijah began, turning back towards the man. "We were working on getting to the bottom of a case of disappearing Pokémon, probably the work of some underground poaching operation if she was right. The problem is, I'm no detective, and the only thing that we have to go off of is that they show up at night and make their way south from here. Or, well, had, anyway. I have no idea where she and her Pokémon are, aside from one of them behind that Krabby over there.

"...Speaking of which, you don't happen to have any first aid supplies anywhere, do you?"
Old 05-06-2021, 02:23 AM   #27
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
The Foundry: Myahoo

Your plans changed, as you now tried to contain the enlarged and rather confused enemy in front of you.
A light wave of electricity shoots out from Hint, Paralyzing the humongous Porygon-Z from moving further. This seemed to elicit some form of a response from the Porygon-Z but rather than it retaliating and attacking you it seemed to be fighting with itself?

Hint rapidly shrunk down to its normal size as all of you watched on in confusion, the large Porygon-Z was indeed fighting with itself. Its large arms rearing up and smacking itself in the head over and over again, with each hit the giant pokemon grew smaller and smaller until it was back down to its normal size

Code:
Ę̸̳͍̘̬̥̰͐̆̍̄̾̈́̅͂̍͊̐̾̽r̴̨̨͍͇̪̮͓̠̙̝̂͐̊̓͋͝ͅͅͅr̷̨̹͛́̑̓̈͌́̒͑͋̇́o̶̡͇͇̮̭̻̎̀̔͊̾͠r̷̢̢̠̳͔͈̱̙̺̰͍̫̱̮̓͋́̾̑͠,̴̲͚̘̪͕̰̩̖̬͈͎̓̃̂̇̍͛̿̀͐͂̏ ̶̡̺͇̯̣̬͌̾̔̄̇͐̇̅͒E̴̖͖̖̠̹͚̞̭̰̒̌̓͐͛̓͆̌͜͜͝r̴̨̨͇̳̘̗̳̠̣̦̣̙̒́̀̔͌̽́͊͜͜͝ͅr̶̠̱̬̄͛͋͆̋ó̴͍̯̪͂̓̍̀̂̕ř̷̹̘̖̓̃̀̕͠ ̶̡̨̤̜̪̳̭̦̆̈̿̉̾͛̄̾͘m̴̡̛͇̖̳̰͕͓̩̰̞͛͜a̶̧̛̛̭̝̗̳͈̭̿̆͑̈̂̍̚͝l̶̳̒̎͑̍̔͌͋̀f̵̬̣̜͗͛̀́u̵̹͗̑̐̈́́͆̚͘͝n̶̛͓̤̯̞͆̿̄͂̀͂͑̐͂̋͘̚͝c̷̨̩̞̣͎̗̈́̀̊͆͒̇͗̀͆͠ẗ̷̪͙̙̰̯̈́̌̉̍͊̈́͝͝i̷͙͇̭̖̘̥̲̥͉̣̞͇̊̄̇̏̐̓̌̓̑̈́̍͆͘͝ͅò̴̙͍̗̰̱̲̞̤̬̀́́̋́̅̋͠ṉ̶̳̲͔͖̠̝͙̯͉̣̻͔͎̟͒͐̇.̶̖͋̓̂̄͊̊͗͂͝
This was certainly true as something inside it struggled... A flash of white bright piercing light shone through and suddenly there was a wriggling cube of dark red and blue mass... that seemed to be still glitching?? And the Porygon!

Code:
Well this is rather emberassing bzzt,... 
But thank you for helping me shrug this bzzt nasty piece of coding off of myself. Bzzt

I am sincerely sorry for any trouble Bzzt that I caused... 
As a thank you for helping me, you can take this Bzzt Cyber ball you were tricked out of bzzt As well, I can reopen a portal out of here for you.
A Violet Cyber ball then appears next to you, and then in front of you a glowing portal also opens up.

Finally, you could be set free from this... unusual game.

For those participating in the battle, they've earned 3 levels!
Hint loosed a light Wave of electricity, causing its opponent to lock up. It then readied itself for the coming attack, only for the Porygon-Z to...smack itself on the head with its arms? All of them took a moment to stare at it, baffled and wary, as it smacked itself again.

"...I'm confused," Kaito finally said as both Hint and the Porygon-Z began to shrink.

Tase tapped his forelegs against Aiden's shoulder. "Well, it did say there was malware in its system?"

"Riiight. Forgot about that." He couldn't convince himself to relax, though, even as Hint and the Porygon-Z returned to their normal sizes.

Hint drifted back to the rest of them without turning its back on its opponent as a bright white light suddenly burst out of the Porygon-Z. Dust snarled, Kaito yelped, and Aiden raised his blocky arm to shield his eyes as best he could until the light dissipated.

"A little warning would've been nice," Dust snapped as most of them blinked the spots out of their eyes.

There was a Porygon and a twitchy, glitchy, red-and-blue cube where the Porygon-Z had previously floated, which Aiden took to mean that the Porygon had somehow devolved? Could you do that in Fizzytopia?

"Well, this is rather embarrassing. Bzzt," the Porgyon said. "But thank you for helping me shrug this bzzt nasty piece of coding off of myself. Bzzt."

"Not like we had a choice," Kaito muttered under his breath. Aiden hoped the Porygon ignored Kaito's grumbling. And probably everyone else's too, since none of them could exactly be called happy with the situation.

"I am sincerely sorry for any trouble bzzt that I caused," the Porgyon continued. "As a thank you for helping me, you can take this bzzt Cyber Ball you were tricked out of bzzt. As well, I can reopen a portal out of here for you."

The Violet Cyber Ball from earlier materialized next to them, prompting every single one of them to jump, still on a hair trigger after everything that had happened. And then they all flinched back as a glowing portal opened up in front of them.

"I hate this," Dust said vehemently, under his breath too because none of them wanted to test their current run of good luck.

...except for Aiden. He reached out to pick up the Violet Cyber Ball and tossed it between his hands, his previous irritation with the Porygon returning now that things were...relatively safer. Also, it was all well and good to be sorry that things happened, but it still happened. Aiden doubted he'd ever really like Porygon after this. "I dunno if that malware made you forget how to count, but we came in with five and we're leaving with four." He held up the Violet Cyber Ball and wiggled it. "This? Is number four. Of five. So, I'm still walking out one short." He pocketed the Cyber Ball, earmarked as it was for a Pokémon he didn't yet have, and turned to head through the portal. "But you're welcome, I guess. C'mon, guys. Let's get the fuck outta here."

Collecting 1x Violet Cyber Ball. Hint goes from Lv. 31 to 34.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #28
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Sneaze

While the idea of participating in some underground racing scheme catches your attention, Audelia is much more wary. She bucks the stereotype of the unintelligent, one-minded Rhyhorn--literally. Rightfully cautious, she gives you a reminder that you’re not exactly in the nicest part of town; this whole thing could be a ruse just to steal your Pokemon, or worse. She needed some hard, solid evidence. Proof that you were going to walk out of this with your kidneys intact.

You ask the punk girl if she could provide proof of the establishment, potentially insulting her in the process and earning yourself another buck from Audelia. But if the punk girl felt insulted, she didn’t show it. Instead, she nodded understandably.

“Yeah, I get that. There’s definitely been some instances here where there’s been some funny folks comin’ and askin’ me if I want to buy a few Rare Candies or totes legal Slowpoke tails, or…”

Her Salandit gave a little hiss.

“Right. Proof. Proof, proof, proof,” she hummed to herself. “Uh… um…”

Did she… not have it?

Audelia, growing impatient, growls and stamps her feet, which causes the punk girl to break out in sweat. She certainly wasn’t making herself look any less susciopus.

“I-I-I swear I have proof. Just, uh, give me a moment! I’ve never been in a situation like this...”

Obviously irritated, the Salandit rolls his eyes before leaping out of his trainer’s arms. After a few minutes of watching the punk girl squirm and mutter to herself, testing both Audelia’s and your own patience, you hear a hollar ring out.

“Natashya! Natashya! Hey, Natashya!”

The Salandit reappeared, followed by a burly roughneck who was loudly yelling the punk girl’s name. Like her, he was clad in a spiked, black leather outfit, and his head was bald and as shiny as a polished cue ball. Perched on his shoulder was perhaps the toughest looking Cleffa you’ve ever seen. However, what was most eye-catching about him was that he was also riding on a Rhyhorn, her hide a wonderful shade of rose.

“Aye, Natashya, whaddya need? Is this flea givin’ ya trouble?” he said, eyeing you and your steed up. His Rhyhorn did the same, stamping her feet with bravado.

Natashya shook her head in shame.

“No, Bob, it was more like I was givin’ her trouble. You see, I invited her to one of the races but she wanted some proof that it was, ya know, legit and not some sort of scam. I, uh, couldn’t come up with anythin’ to convince her. I guess Newt figured you’d come up with somethin’ and ran to get you.”

Bob laughed a hearty, loud laugh that nearly knocked his Cleffa off his shoulder, and sent some of the other punks and roughnecks running for cover.

“Ahahaha! Natashya you’re always gettin’ in over your head,” he said, shaking his head.

“I’ll have ya know that the Rockabout Rhyhorn Racin’ Arena is very much real! And I’m the reinin’ champion thanks to Princella here! I haven’t lost a single race--not one!” he said, his chest puffed out with pride as he patted the pink Rhyhorn on her side. She let out a low rumble in reply.

“That proof enough for ya?” the roughneck asks.

Well, was it?
Old 05-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #29
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell View Post
Sneaze

While the idea of participating in some underground racing scheme catches your attention, Audelia is much more wary. She bucks the stereotype of the unintelligent, one-minded Rhyhorn--literally. Rightfully cautious, she gives you a reminder that you’re not exactly in the nicest part of town; this whole thing could be a ruse just to steal your Pokemon, or worse. She needed some hard, solid evidence. Proof that you were going to walk out of this with your kidneys intact.

You ask the punk girl if she could provide proof of the establishment, potentially insulting her in the process and earning yourself another buck from Audelia. But if the punk girl felt insulted, she didn’t show it. Instead, she nodded understandably.

“Yeah, I get that. There’s definitely been some instances here where there’s been some funny folks comin’ and askin’ me if I want to buy a few Rare Candies or totes legal Slowpoke tails, or…”

Her Salandit gave a little hiss.

“Right. Proof. Proof, proof, proof,” she hummed to herself. “Uh… um…”

Did she… not have it?

Audelia, growing impatient, growls and stamps her feet, which causes the punk girl to break out in sweat. She certainly wasn’t making herself look any less susciopus.

“I-I-I swear I have proof. Just, uh, give me a moment! I’ve never been in a situation like this...”

Obviously irritated, the Salandit rolls his eyes before leaping out of his trainer’s arms. After a few minutes of watching the punk girl squirm and mutter to herself, testing both Audelia’s and your own patience, you hear a hollar ring out.

“Natashya! Natashya! Hey, Natashya!”

The Salandit reappeared, followed by a burly roughneck who was loudly yelling the punk girl’s name. Like her, he was clad in a spiked, black leather outfit, and his head was bald and as shiny as a polished cue ball. Perched on his shoulder was perhaps the toughest looking Cleffa you’ve ever seen. However, what was most eye-catching about him was that he was also riding on a Rhyhorn, her hide a wonderful shade of rose.

“Aye, Natashya, whaddya need? Is this flea givin’ ya trouble?” he said, eyeing you and your steed up. His Rhyhorn did the same, stamping her feet with bravado.

Natashya shook her head in shame.

“No, Bob, it was more like I was givin’ her trouble. You see, I invited her to one of the races but she wanted some proof that it was, ya know, legit and not some sort of scam. I, uh, couldn’t come up with anythin’ to convince her. I guess Newt figured you’d come up with somethin’ and ran to get you.”

Bob laughed a hearty, loud laugh that nearly knocked his Cleffa off his shoulder, and sent some of the other punks and roughnecks running for cover.

“Ahahaha! Natashya you’re always gettin’ in over your head,” he said, shaking his head.

“I’ll have ya know that the Rockabout Rhyhorn Racin’ Arena is very much real! And I’m the reinin’ champion thanks to Princella here! I haven’t lost a single race--not one!” he said, his chest puffed out with pride as he patted the pink Rhyhorn on her side. She let out a low rumble in reply.

“That proof enough for ya?” the roughneck asks.

Well, was it?
Allison simply stared as the punk girl desperate searched for some amount of proof to provide that the Rhyhorn race was a legitimate institution, becoming more flustered as Audelia grunted impatiently. Patting the Rhyhorn to calm her, she continued waiting, not saying anything for the moment, after all, her own interpersonal skills weren’t exactly any better so who was she to judge someone for getting a little worked up?

After a moment of searching and finding nothing, the Salandit runs off, prompting Allison to raise an eyebrow, given that the small lizard had only just recently nearly been trampled. But the Pokemon shortly returns with another trainer in tow, shouting the name of this punk girl as he approached. Natashya. A unique name, certainly unique enough to remember pretty easily. Then there was this man, asking if a small girl was causing trouble in the middle of such a rough neighborhood, like that would ever be a smart decision. Though, it’s not something Allison could really deny having the street smarts to not do, to be fair. Natashya explains to the man, Bob, that it’s quite the opposite, before the man begins to boast atop his own Rhyhorn that he’s the reigning champion and has never lost a race.

Allison’s mind immediately jumps to one thought. This man cheats. Not really a surprising thought given the area, and especially so considering that even the best racers in the world have a loss or two under their belts. But here she was, wanting adventure, and if there was anything more exciting than an illegal underground racing ring, it was an illegal underground racing ring where the rules might be a little more… loose.

“I can’t say I’ve ever heard of the Rockabout Rhyhorn Racin’ Arena…” Allison’s words trail off as she examines Princella, trying to figure out if there was anything further special about the pink Rhyhorn that would allow this man an advantage, “But I guess that is the point! Don’t want authorities knocking down your door, right?”

Her attention shifted from the other Rhyhorn to the unusually tough looking Cleffa on the man’s shoulder. Maybe that was it. Use of other Pokemon is usually strictly forbidden by standard race rules, but maybe that wasn’t the case here. She didn’t get to think on it for too long, though, as Audelia gave her another short buck, reminding her that this man was expecting some form of a response.

“Okay, I’m in! Lead the way!” She grinned at the man, after all, even if she wasn’t able to figure out what he was doing to win, a race is still a race, and it is about the fun of it at the end of the day, right? But her competitive nature still nagged at her. She wanted to win, and was going to get as much information as she could here in order to do so. “Oh, and what rules do you guys race by? I know they usually differ by arena size…”

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 05-09-2021, 09:15 AM   #30
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassyglide-

The Spewpa happily jumps up to the Poke Ball this time. Well, it would be unfortunate if it batted it away despite you having just battled with it. The Pokeball hits the Spewpa's head, and this time a bright white light absorbs the Spewpa into the ball. The ball falls to the ground and shakes... And then shakes again... And shakes for one last time. With a moment of anticipation, you hear the ball ding and then click!

Congratulations, you have caught a Lv. 10 Male Spewpa with MT Bug Bite! It has gained an additional level from its fight with Cascoon to reach Lv. 10.

With your new friend with you, the excitement starts to die down and the tour resumes. It soon ends, with the moth room being the last room of the tour. You see a few of the kids look at you and wave before their parents drag them away to not pester you. It was pretty obvious by your beet-red face at the amount of embarrassment that you had experienced. After all, it wasn't every day a massive crowd cheered for an up-and-coming trainer.

The only person that comes up to you is Angelica, carrying a small gift bag. It was tied together neatly with a Modern Patterned Vivillon Bow. She gives you a small wink before heading off, presumably to talk with management about the events that occurred during the tour. Opening it up, you see a few things inside.

You have obtained:
x1 Vivillon Confetti Silver Power (Acts as a Silver Powder)
x1 Nest Ball
x1 Spewpa Thermos (Decorative Memorabilia)

With your goodies in hand, you walk out of the exhibit. About an hour had passed since you entered in, and you notice a bus driving in from the distance. It seems that was the bus en route to Alderboro's Remembrance Park. You could go hitch a ride, explore the gardens more, or even go somewhere else!

What do you do?

Argyle watched, wide-eyed, as the ball floated in the air towards the Spewpa. Instead of waiting for the ball to reach itself, the Spewpa lept into action to meet its future home halfway. Time is such a weird concept. Stuff that takes only seconds can seem to last a lifetime. This was one of those things. Argyle felt like time froze as he waited for the ball to make contact with the Spewpa. After all, he was still very new to all this trainer stuff. In reality, it took maybe a 2 or 3 seconds for the ball to hit the Spewpa on the head and the Pokemon being absorbed into the ball. But, the capture wasn't done just yet. Argyle had to wait for the ball to shake 3 times. Argyle and Wisewoods looked on. "That was one... there goes two... and that's the third!" Argyle exclaimed as the ball clicked. Argyle went up to the ball and picked it up and let out his newly caught Spewpa.

"Welcome to the gang," Argyle said, "We've already been acquainted through battle, but my name is Argyle and this here Rowlet is called Wisewoods."

The Spewpa smiled.

"Now what should we call you?" Argyle pondered, "How about Silver? That sound good?"

The Scatterdust Pokemon seemed to think about it for a moment and then nodded in agreement. "Now that the hellos are out of the way, why don't we finish up the tour? Wisewoods typically sits on my left shoulder, so Silver you should take up residence on my right shoulder for the remainder of the tour." Argyle proceeded to pick up and place the Spewpa on his right shoulder and proceeded to follow Angelica to wrap up the tour.

The tour ended fairly soon after that. However, the feeling of embarrassment from earlier still lingered. Kids were still waving at Argyle and all he could do was awkwardly smile and wave back. Luckily, or maybe unluckily since Argyle actually liked interacting with kids, their parents stopped them from actually coming up to him and prodding him with questions. There was still one person who did approach Argyle. It was Angelica. The interaction was brief with Angelica handing Argyle a gift bag that she had promised earlier and a slight wink. As Angelica walked off, Argyle peered into the gift bag. Argyle had just been rewarded a Vivillon Confetti Silver Power, a Nest Ball and a Spewpa Thermos. "Hmm this Vivillon Confetti Silver Powder seems useful. Silver why don't you hang on to it? Spin up some of that sticky string using String Shot to tie the powder around your neck" The Spewpa did as commanded. "Great job, now your Bug-type moves will be stronger in battle." The rest of the gifts still in the bag, Argyle, walked out of the exhibit with Wisewoods and Silver on his left and right shoulders respectively.

"Where to next..." he was thinking out loud when he noticed a bus that was heading over to Rememberance Park. "I was thinking of taking it easy today in the gardens, but that battle got me all pumped up so might as well head over to Remembrance Park. It'll get me familiar with the history of the city and a walk through the cemetry could actually be quite calming." Having made up his mind, Argyle and his two Pokemon made their way to the bus.

Last edited by grassyglide; 05-11-2021 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Changed Spewpa's nickname to Silver.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:03 PM   #31
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

OOC: Continuing my adventure from BMGf
Quote:
As you swam up to the surface you couldn't help but feel that maybe you could talk both of them to cease their fighting. You mulled over these as you kept rising to the surface, but then you heard a huge creaking groaning noise coming from the dreadnaught below you. The boat rocked far enough to one side that it rolled over onto a different side pushing it in a different direction as the two Pokémon were still locked in their tug of war with the ship...

But something caught your eyes as you looked back, underneath the broken parts of the dreadnaught you could see something glimmer with color. A color that looked vastly out of place within the barren wasteland that was once left from the reef...
Wait.. could it potentially be?...

You'd have to swim back down to actually confirm your suspicions on what this is that you saw, That would mean putting yourself back into harm's way between the two spirits who could still be seen to be warring... But, if this is what you thought it could be, there is a slim chance you could put the spirit of Corsola to rest. You'd have to grab a piece of this and you would have to show the corsola this. But you could do it and it could mean that this tug of war ends with no casualties to anyone else.

Atla noticed you weren't within her peripheral vision anymore and stopped to look back down at you,
"Sil? Sil?! What's wrong? We have to get back to the surface!"
Sil then looked to where your gaze was focused upon and gasped " Is that what I think it is?? "

Will you continue your ascent to the surface or will you go back down to attempt to stop the two warring spirits?
As Sil swam to the surface, kicking her legs as hard as she could, she wondered if she could talk some sense into the warring ghosts. But, truth to be told, she was still hesitant about diving back down and running the risk of getting torn apart by ethereal energy. Perhaps it would be better to swim off while all her organs were perfectly intact.

She swam upwards beside Atla, trailing behind Limestone and Dewey, however she didn’t get far before she heard a horrible groaning sound and then a loud thud. A rush of bubbles flooded past her, causing Limestone to look down in fear. Did the Corsola surmount the possessed anchor? Or did the Dhelmise squash the one-coral mutiny? She glanced down, worry twisting in her gut. She hoped she wouldn’t look down only to see the deranged Corsola hurling a piece of shorn metal her way.

Sil gasped. The dreadnought had been knocked on its side due to the psionic struggles of the two poltergeists, bits and pieces of it scattered across the ocean floor. If they had that level of power, surely trying to act as a mediator would be suicide...

FWOOSH!

Sil was startled by a burst of bubbles from Limestone. Both hands of the Binacle were gesturing at a particular spot on the seafloor, drawing her attention from the wrecked ship and to the glimmering twinkle of color at the bottom of the sea that it had unearthed. It was oddly out of place amongst the bleached coral, seemingly so chromatic and alive compared to the scraggly white skeletons dotting the landscape. Could it be… ?

Coral! Live coral!

Despite the dreadnought’s crash, it looked like some coral polyps had survived, growing underneath the belly of the ship, hidden from the world. If this was truly coral and not a trick of the eye, she could obtain a piece and show it to the Corsola, hopefully stopping her vengeful rampage. Of course, that meant she had to swim right between the two warring spirits.

"Sil? Sil?! What's wrong? We have to get back to the surface!"

Alta’s voice crackled through the built-in walkie talkies, her voice filled with fear. The diver then followed their gaze down to the bottom of the sea, and it seemed she forgot her fear for a moment.

"Is that what I think it is??" she gasped.

Sil nodded before taking a steady breath and turning to Limestone.

“I want to go down and see if that’s really coral. If it is, I’ll show it to the Corsola, and maybe that’ll calm her down. But I can’t go down there without some backup. Could you distract the Dhelmise and the Corsola with a Sand Attack-Water Pledge combo?”
Old 05-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #32
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassyglide-

You, Argyle, and Silver say goodbye to Amity Gardens and make your way onto the bus to
Remembrance Park. The bus seemed oddly empty, with only the three of you on it besides the driver. The ride itself is quiet, with no one else getting on the route. But, the silence is nice as it allows you to fully take in the sights of the city. The bus soon comes to a stop, and the bus driver speaks up.

"Stop for Remembrance Park!" you hear her shout, and you and your team go to step off.

"Be careful kid, there's been something weird going on here," she warns you as you head off, and then closes to door behind you.

Compared to Amity Park, this place was a lot more somber, but also more humid. There was a melancholy that hung in the air, and a place to honor the dead. You can see flowers, offering bowls, candles, and other trinkets in front of gravestones. No doubt the family's remembering and honoring the dead. Though, on a close look, almost everything was waterlogged. The air didn't smell of fresh rain though, and these didn't look more than a day or two old.

Going to walk around, you notice a few puddles in front of a few of the graves. All of them looked to be the same size and solely contained in front. It was as if someone who was drenched just stood there, looking over the tombstone. It certainly was strange... To say the least.

You then smell damp, murky water in their air, and turn to look around but see nothing. The sound of dripping water soon echoed through the graveyard. There was certainly something here, but what?

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-11-2021, 09:36 PM   #33
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
grassyglide-

You, Argyle, and Silver say goodbye to Amity Gardens and make your way onto the bus to
Remembrance Park. The bus seemed oddly empty, with only the three of you on it besides the driver. The ride itself is quiet, with no one else getting on the route. But, the silence is nice as it allows you to fully take in the sights of the city. The bus soon comes to a stop, and the bus driver speaks up.

"Stop for Remembrance Park!" you hear her shout, and you and your team go to step off.

"Be careful kid, there's been something weird going on here," she warns you as you head off, and then closes to door behind you.

Compared to Amity Park, this place was a lot more somber, but also more humid. There was a melancholy that hung in the air, and a place to honor the dead. You can see flowers, offering bowls, candles, and other trinkets in front of gravestones. No doubt the family's remembering and honoring the dead. Though, on a close look, almost everything was waterlogged. The air didn't smell of fresh rain though, and these didn't look more than a day or two old.

Going to walk around, you notice a few puddles in front of a few of the graves. All of them looked to be the same size and solely contained in front. It was as if someone who was drenched just stood there, looking over the tombstone. It certainly was strange... To say the least.

You then smell damp, murky water in their air, and turn to look around but see nothing. The sound of dripping water soon echoed through the graveyard. There was certainly something here, but what?

What do you do?

The doors opened and Argyle and co. climbed onto the bus. Argyle gently nodded at the driver as he got on and then turned his attention to find a seat. Turns out it didn't really need much thinking. The bus was completely empty save for the driver! "I'd have thought that the historic cemetry would be at least somewhat of a tourist destination," Argyle said to his Pokemon as he picked out a seat on his left when facing the back of the bus on second to last row in the bus. Call it a force of habit, but that was his favorite seat on a bus. He allowed his Rowlet and Spewpa to occupy the seat next to him. The two were small enough that they barely filled up the seat together.

As the wheels kicked into motion, Argyle turned his head to his right and looked out the window. He managed to take in the sights the bus ride inadvertedly offered him. Still, his mind was mostly preoccupied with Remembrance Park. Argyle had a particular fascination with cemetries. No, that wasn't correct. It wasn't really right to call it a fascination and it wasn't particular to cemetries anyway. Rather, Argyle was someone who perhaps spent more time reflecting on life and death more than your average person his age. What did he have to show for his meditations on the topics? Nothing of worth. He was probably more confused on things than when he had first started. Since his formative years, Argyle had been awfully perceptive of the world around him and how difficult life could get. At the same time, he saw how much people strived for life and how they found joy in the slightest things. Then, he experienced the concept of loss firsthand. Not that the situation took him by surprise, but Argyle now had to wrap his head around the fleeting existence that defined life. It had been almost 10 years at this point, but Argyle wasn't sure if he had completely come to terms with the loss. Or perhaps, he had come to terms with it, but he struggled with the concepts of loss, life and death. Obviously this struggle was purely philosophical. Philosophical... maybe that was the word to describe Argyle? Who knows. Though perhaps the connotations that the word "philosophical" illicits may not be the most accurate when describing Argyle. Argyle partly agreed with the word philosophical. After all, he did spend some time thinking on various esoteric topics. However, to him the adjective "philosophical" connoted someone who was aloof. Argyle was far from aloof. In fact, he was one of the most dutiful people he knew. He truly cared about his responsibilities and always made sure to get them done. Argyle was definitely a tough one to figure out. His reserved demeanor did not help. What was important to note was that under his reserved demeanor was a deeply rooted humanism. It was probably best to leave it at that.

"Stop for Remembrance Park!" The bus driver's shout brought Argyle back to reality. He got up and Silver and Wisewoods assumed their positions on his shoulders. As Argyle got off he made sure to thank the bus driver and wished her a good day. Argyle was not expecting the response he got from the driver: "Be careful kid, there's been something weird going on here." It sounded almost ominous.

As the bus sped off, Argyle looked at his two Pokemon with a look that conveyed his perplexity at the driver's words.

"Anyway, we're here guys," Argyle said to his Spewpa and Rowlet, "Remembrance Park." Remembrance Park was quite different than Amity Gardens. Sure both were well-kept and would offer great surroundings for a walk, but they were definitely different. The Gardens were filled with people and Pokemon enjoying the day. It was brimming with life. Remembrance Park, on the other hand, was much more solemn. The gravity of death loomed in the air. As Argyle scanned the gravestones, he saw flowers and various trinkets families had brought to honor the past. Amity Gardens and Remembrance Park. Life and death. Two sides of the same coin. Argyle smiled at the contrast.

"This should be a nice walk. We can enjoy the quiet, recollect our thoughts and even learn about New Fizz City's history," he then said to his Pokemon. Now, he started studying his surroundings more carefully. Immediately, he noticed something was weird. Stuff was... wet. There were puddles in front of some graves. "That's odd... It was definitely not raining in the gardens," he remarked. Argyle studied the puddles a bit more. They all seemed to be the same size and only located in the front of the graves. "Now, would rain ever be so systematic," he asked rhetorically. Then, Argyle picked up the smell of damp, murky water in the air and heard the sound of dripping water echoing throughout the graveyard. Argyle turned around but could not see anything.

"Be careful, there's been something weird going on here," the bus driver had warned Argyle. Argyle hadn't really paid much heed to her warning, but clearly something weird was going on. Argyle couldn't tell what.

"Y'all sense anything off?" Argyle asked Silver and Wisewoods. Argyle had yet to really get to know the Spewpa, but he knew his Rowlet was as perceptive as they came. Rowlet nodded. "Wisewoods," Argyle addressed his partner, "Why don't you fly up and take a look around. Try using Foresight if that will help you locate anything weird."

Wisewoods took off from his perch.

Last edited by grassyglide; 05-12-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #34
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Batch Update!

The man took a peek over your shoulder and then nodded.
“ Well it’s not… first aid supplies in a sense but I do have something that should help out the poor fella” He got up and made his way to his boat that was rather haphazardly docked at the shoreline of the rockpools.

Soon after he came back out with a bottle of a mysterious shining liquid, giving it a shake, he handed it to you. “It’s a mixture of Diligence’s Life Dew, Aqua Ring, and blessed by Wish… I’ve tested its healing properties on pokemon that have shown up with similar injuries.”

“Also… this pokemon looks familiar to me… Was the woman you were with named Krelia? About ye high-

He motioned with his hand to show how tall compared to himself, “ with rather beautiful mahogany hair? I was supposed to be meeting her this evening along with an assistant according to her last message she sent me.” He pulled out a rather outdated-looking phone and flipped it open to show you as proof. Indeed enough you could see the messages between him and the contact name “Passionate Spitfire Yapper”... well the name was fitting. This man was supposed to be the one you and Krelia were to be meeting up with after all. But a few things seemed to gnaw at you and you couldn’t quite put your finger on it at the moment. You wondered how long Krelia knew this man… who by the way didn’t really truly introduce himself, probably because his name was probably that of what was sewn into his hat that he wore atop his head.

Quincy…

Cape Effervescence: SpinyShell

You explained your plan to your partner Limestone, and the two heads of the Binacle looked to each other and then looked back at you, nodding.

As you started to swim downward the Binacle focused their energy on the seafloor, suddenly a vortex started to form, picking up sand, and growing rapidly in size before unleashing contact from the floor in a miniature vortex whirlpool of surging water and sand aimed for the waring ghost Pokemon. The combo move grew rapidly in size as it approached the two, and by the time it reached them both the vortex was big enough to engulf them both AND the subnautican ship they were fighting over. Water combo moves seemed to grow in power under the water it seemed. This worked in your favor though regardless.

As you touched the seafloor by the dead coral reef that was underneath the ship’s hull… You DID in fact find not only fresh new coral attempting to grow but you also saw the perfect thing you could take to show the Corsola without harming the baby reef. A Heart Scale.

“AYE, WHAT IN THE DAMN MUZZY IS THIS????” You could hear the seamanlike anchor pokemon call out telepathically, and following that you heard the Corsola speak as well.

“Finally, An Edge over you!” You then heard a big groan and a reverberating metallic whack… Sounds like your distraction worked in both your favor and the Corsola’s… You didn’t have much time left. You needed to get over there NOW!

You barely touched the portal with your pokemon in tow, and before you knew it you were suddenly back inside the Foundry, The five half-baked pokeball’s you’d hooked up to the machine all glowed with new colors and to your surprise, there was the Magenta Cyber Ball that the Porygon hadn’t given you… Along with Fouco and Fueco looking at you puzzled and surprised…

“What happened in there? We heard loud noises and there was this… er Shockwave? N we came over to check on ya and there was this black screen. We barely even left you alone for more than five mins and you were Poof… Gone!” Fueco spoke rather rapidly. Fouco nodded along but looked like he should have trusted his gut to not test this new machine on a customer.

“Oh… Just as we settled you down, this employee from Silph Co. got here… Seems as if the Upgrade for the CAD system was riddled with malware and bugs all over the place. They’ve been trying to hunt down every single CAD system that was receiving the update to warn not to download the update and instead use this hard drive key they made that would have delivered a proper safety net of sorts to prevent the update from causing harm- Fouco held up a drive and motioned to the man behind him.

“You were caught up in the Malware, weren’t you? I am deeply sorry for that, I came here in hopes to catch the CAD system before the malware was downloaded to prevent it, but now that the malware made it into the system I’ll have to take it back and wipe the whole system and manually reinstall everything. IF you would like, Silph Co. can pay you up to a thousand dollars so long as you sign this non-disclosure agreement saying you won’t sue Silph Co. You would be able to keep the Cyber Balls you obtained too.”

Wipe the system?... that would mean that the Porygon that regained its composure and let you out of that cyberspace would get deleted… Maybe there was a way you could rescue the Porygon? Surely it didn’t deserve to be erased.

What will you do?

Old 05-12-2021, 10:58 PM   #35
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
The man took a peek over your shoulder and then nodded.
“ Well it’s not… first aid supplies in a sense but I do have something that should help out the poor fella” He got up and made his way to his boat that was rather haphazardly docked at the shoreline of the rockpools.

Soon after he came back out with a bottle of a mysterious shining liquid, giving it a shake, he handed it to you. “It’s a mixture of Diligence’s Life Dew, Aqua Ring, and blessed by Wish… I’ve tested its healing properties on pokemon that have shown up with similar injuries.”

“Also… this pokemon looks familiar to me… Was the woman you were with named Krelia? About ye high-

He motioned with his hand to show how tall compared to himself, “ with rather beautiful mahogany hair? I was supposed to be meeting her this evening along with an assistant according to her last message she sent me.” He pulled out a rather outdated-looking phone and flipped it open to show you as proof. Indeed enough you could see the messages between him and the contact name “Passionate Spitfire Yapper”... well the name was fitting. This man was supposed to be the one you and Krelia were to be meeting up with after all. But a few things seemed to gnaw at you and you couldn’t quite put your finger on it at the moment. You wondered how long Krelia knew this man… who by the way didn’t really truly introduce himself, probably because his name was probably that of what was sewn into his hat that he wore atop his head.

Quincy…
"Quincy" seemed trustworthy enough to Elijah, even if something still felt off about him. He completely nailed Krelia's appearance and her plans, and just to make sure, he flashed him a conversation on his phone between him and...

..."Passionate Spitfire Yapper"?

That's the dorkiest codename that I've ever heard, he thought. Fits her like a glove, though.

"Well, you've got the assistant," he said. "Name's Elijah, but if we're going by codenames, you can call me, uh..."

Elijah paused for a moment. "Unfettered Ambulant? Those words sound kind of important to me, don't know what they mean though. Actually, wait, I can think of something better... how about... uh...

"...You know what, just stick with Elijah. We'd be here for hours if I tried to come up with anything good. Gonna assume that you're the... uh..." Elijah took a deep breath. "...diving instructor that we were supposed to be meeting with." As he said this, he took the Life-Dew-Aqua-Ring-Blessed-Wish-Whatever formula from Quincy and shook his hand.

"So anyway, I'm using this item to heal the Zorua and I'm not going to hurt anyone." Elijah said, turning to slowly approach Penumbra and the Krabby in the least-threatening stance that he could possibly think of, hoping that the River Crab Pokémon would get the hint. His Fomantis trailed behind him, obviously raring to battle if things went south.

Last edited by blu3shift; 05-12-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #36
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

Noticing that the puddles were definitely strange, you decide to have Wisewoods investigate. The Rowlett goes ahead and uses its Foresight, trying to identify any supernatural occurring. The Rowlett hoots in shock, seeing multiple ghosts floating around the graveyard. They were all bloated, blue-skinned, and dripping wet. Though, all they seemed to be doing was standing in front of graves. Were they their graves? You didn't really know, but it was certainly a strange occurrence.

Before you could try and interact with them, you see an outline of... something floating. With that, all of the ghosts disappear from view, leading to expanded puddles. That was certainly strange, but at least you knew the source of the water now.

With that out of the way, you hear a door opening, and see an older man walk out of a small shrine in the center of Remembrance Park. His robes seemed very reminiscent of the monks in the Sprout Tower from Johto. He notices you, and bows before speaking from the porch.

"Ah, a visitor. It's been a while since someone has come here, with the ghosts haunting the place. Though, I guess it is that time of year... Well lad, come inside. They'll probably try and ask you to take them home soon," the old man stated before walking back inside. What did he mean to ask you to take them home?

Well, you could wait and see what he meant, or go inside and get further details.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #37
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

blu3shift Update

Cape E.: blu3shift

You spoke pretty loud and clearly to the krabby as you approached slowly, but Penumbra gave a soft whine to the crab, apparently this let the Krabby know you were allowed to approach it as it shifted to the side and let you pass so you could apply the miracle substance to Penumbra.

As you got closer to Penumbra you saw that the situation was a bit more worse than you realized. Shrapnel was sticking out of his fur in places and his breathing was heavily labored. WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GODS HAPPENED? DID A BOMB GO OFF HERE? The way he was covered in shrapnel it made it seem like it had. But there was no way to be sure for now.

“Poor bugger, Ya might wanna pull that shrapnel out of him before you poor that all over his wounds. Its going to accelerate his healing at an alarming pace and he’d have that shrapnel fused into his skin where surgery would be required to pull it out later.”

Quincy commented and seemed to be starting to take a better look around the area while you were focused on healing Penumbra.

“There were metal pokemon here. If I had to judge I would say someone owned an Aggron.’ - Quincy pointed to huge footprints he found in the ground which seemed to be an epicenter from where the shrapnel was expelled from.

“ Metal Burst. That had to have been the move to hit poor Penumbra there, Nasty move it is when used against you. Kinda works like Bide. But much more explosive.” As Quincy continued to survey the “battlefield” Fomantis got into another Staring / Hissing match with the Krabby. The Krabby had inched closer to you while your attention was diverted. It didn’t seem to want to attack but was close just in case.

That Krabby was pretty damn loyal to Penumbra… but as far as you knew Krelia didn’t own a Krabby?
Old 05-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #38
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Cape E.: blu3shift

You spoke pretty loud and clearly to the krabby as you approached slowly, but Penumbra gave a soft whine to the crab, apparently this let the Krabby know you were allowed to approach it as it shifted to the side and let you pass so you could apply the miracle substance to Penumbra.

As you got closer to Penumbra you saw that the situation was a bit more worse than you realized. Shrapnel was sticking out of his fur in places and his breathing was heavily labored. WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GODS HAPPENED? DID A BOMB GO OFF HERE? The way he was covered in shrapnel it made it seem like it had. But there was no way to be sure for now.

“Poor bugger, Ya might wanna pull that shrapnel out of him before you poor that all over his wounds. Its going to accelerate his healing at an alarming pace and he’d have that shrapnel fused into his skin where surgery would be required to pull it out later.”

Quincy commented and seemed to be starting to take a better look around the area while you were focused on healing Penumbra.

“There were metal pokemon here. If I had to judge I would say someone owned an Aggron.’ - Quincy pointed to huge footprints he found in the ground which seemed to be an epicenter from where the shrapnel was expelled from.

“ Metal Burst. That had to have been the move to hit poor Penumbra there, Nasty move it is when used against you. Kinda works like Bide. But much more explosive.” As Quincy continued to survey the “battlefield” Fomantis got into another Staring / Hissing match with the Krabby. The Krabby had inched closer to you while your attention was diverted. It didn’t seem to want to attack but was close just in case.

That Krabby was pretty damn loyal to Penumbra… but as far as you knew Krelia didn’t own a Krabby?
Now that Elijah got a good look at it, he noticed that the poor Zorua was absolutely covered in sharp metal that dully glinted in his fur. It almost looked like a bomb went off next to him... which would explain the explosion that knocked Elijah out earlier, actually...

"Okay, this might sting a little bit. Please don't do anything sudden." Elijah spoke as he started removing the shrapnel from Penumbra's skin, hoping that he wasn't as temperamental as his Trainer. Somehow this piqued Epoch's interest, the Porygon floating next to him to watch their trainer work on Penumbra.

Just then, Quincy spoke up from behind him. "There were metal Pokémon here. If I had to judge I would say someone owned an Aggron."

An Aggron?! Those things were stupidly powerful! No wonder these poachers were still at it; if they brought out a hulking metallic monster just to deal with a beginning Trainer like him, then he could only imagine what kinds of Pokémon that they used to bolster their defenses. But, then again... it would feel so satisfying to take down their operation and feel like he was accomplishing something big for once. Probably even more so considering what he had to contend with growing up, but those were some inner demons that he was going to tackle later.

It was then that he noticed his Fomantis staring down the Krabby once again, obviously really ready to battle something, which was kind of the exact opposite of what Elijah wanted at the moment.

"Whoa, whoa, knock it off. A friend of a friend is... our friend... was that how the saying went? Whatever, my point is that we're not battling anything right now, especially when that Krabby is trying to defend Penumbra."

As Elijah said this, the Fomantis rolled its eyes and returned to Elijah's side, muttering an annoyed "foma" in the process. He mentally promised himself that he'd give the plant some time on the battlefield as soon as he could. He didn't want to put up a fight with Penumbra's friend, anyway...

Hey, wait a second, Elijah thought. Why is Penumbra all buddy-buddy with this guy, anyway?

"Uh, yeah, speaking of which, do you know this Krabby?" He asked Penumbra, obviously not expecting any sort of answer that he could understand but hoping that he could at least get something close to a yes or no out of the Zorua. "Last I saw, Krelia only had you and..." A shiver went down Elijah's spine. "...Akuma."
Old 05-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #39
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:

grassyglide-

Noticing that the puddles were definitely strange, you decide to have Wisewoods investigate. The Rowlett goes ahead and uses its Foresight, trying to identify any supernatural occurring. The Rowlett hoots in shock, seeing multiple ghosts floating around the graveyard. They were all bloated, blue-skinned, and dripping wet. Though, all they seemed to be doing was standing in front of graves. Were they their graves? You didn't really know, but it was certainly a strange occurrence.

Before you could try and interact with them, you see an outline of... something floating. With that, all of the ghosts disappear from view, leading to expanded puddles. That was certainly strange, but at least you knew the source of the water now.

With that out of the way, you hear a door opening, and see an older man walk out of a small shrine in the center of Remembrance Park. His robes seemed very reminiscent of the monks in the Sprout Tower from Johto. He notices you, and bows before speaking from the porch.

"Ah, a visitor. It's been a while since someone has come here, with the ghosts haunting the place. Though, I guess it is that time of year... Well lad, come inside. They'll probably try and ask you to take them home soon," the old man stated before walking back inside. What did he mean to ask you to take them home?

Well, you could wait and see what he meant, or go inside and get further details.

What do you do?

Upon receiving a set of commands, Wisewoods lept into action. He quickly used Foresight in an attempt to identify any paranormal activity in the cemetry. What followed was a face of utter shock on the Rowlet. Argyle did not need to see anything for himself to believe that there clearly were ghosts haunting Remembrance Park; Wisewoods' shock was plenty of proof. Still, the Grass Quill Pokemon's Foresight outlined the ghosts and helped Argyle see them too.

That explains all those puddles, Argyle thought, They're just standing in front of the graves, blue, bloated and dripping wet. Hmm... perhaps they're their own graves and their souls have not fully departed from this world. Maybe something is holding them back? What even happens when someone dies...

Questions on the nature of death pre-occupying his mind, Argyle noticed an outline of another entity in the area. Perhaps it was the realization of this entity's existence but for some reason all of the ghosts just disappear but not without a trace. So that's what causes the water. These ghosts drip and then they disappear leading to bigger puddles, Argyle theorized, but what are they doing here in the first place??

As Argyle was trying to make sense of the whole situation, he overheard a door opening and an older man walk out of a small shrine at the center of the Park. I must've missed the shrine when I first stepped out of the bus... probably too distracted with the water were Argyle's initial thoughts at seeing the shrine and the old man. After taking a second to fully study the old man, Argyle smiled. No matter how far I'm from home, looks like there's always something to remind me of it. First it was the similarities between The Goldenrod National Park and Amity Gardens. Now, this guy looks like the sages of Bellsprout Tower. Perhaps he's as nice and patient as those sages too... Argyle thought.

The elder also took note of Argyle and bowed to acknowledge him. Argyle responded in kind. Then, as if he had somehow overheard Argyle's thoughts from earlier about the watery ghosts, he said, "Ah, a visitor. It's been a while since someone has come here, with the ghosts haunting the place. Though, I guess it is that time of year... Well lad, come inside. They'll probably try and ask you to take them home soon." Without waiting for Argyle to respond, he walked back in leaving Argyle by himself to process what just happened.

That was weird... Then again, less weird than the water ghosts from earlier. What did he mean by asking me to take them home? Also, he made it seem like these ghosts have been haunting here for a while but this particular thing of asking to go home seems to be an annual event. Did something happen around this time of the year in the past in New Fizz City? Argyle's mind was racing with questions. The elder had invited him in and he clearly knew more than Argyle on the situation so it only made sense to take him up on the offer. Having made up his mind, Argyle and his two Pokemon made their way to the shrine. It was time to get some answers.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:02 PM   #40
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

blu3shift Update

Cape E.; blu3shift

Penumbra winced as you pulled out the shrapnel and then sighed in relief as you poured the concoction over its open wounds. Amazingly it looked as if his skin came to life, with the open wounds inching closed faster than you could blink. Within no time his wounds were all closed but it was clear that while he was better, his energy was still not up to par. But with a bit of a struggle, he got to his feet and stomped one foot down.

An eerie black dome formed around his foot and then it expanded in size to encompass the whole rock pool. This took everyone by surprise as Krabby scuttled about behind you, using you as a shield as a giant Aggron loomed in the center where Quincy was standing.

Everything was frozen for the moment, and Quincy looked back to you and Penumbra and his mouth was open in amazement. “Penumbra ACTUALLY has the skill to show this??? That's some talent right there… but er, could you start from the beginning?” Quincy motioned with his hands and with a step backwards the scene in front of you rewound.

You looked on in amazement as you saw the scene when you first arrived, you were prone on the ground as Krelia was in front of you, Akuma was cloaked around her in a spectacular way, it made it look as if she was clad in purple armor with eerie smiles and eyes all over. Somehow she was wielding some sword… How the heck she pulled this off was unknown because upon closer inspection it was glowing with spectral energy.

Penumbra was in two places at once, one being right next to you on the ground, and then what you assumed to be the real Penumbra next to you. Perhaps Penumbra can show you more? It was already impressive enough that it was able to project a battle scene with its illusion ability.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:37 PM   #41
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Cape E.; blu3shift

Penumbra winced as you pulled out the shrapnel and then sighed in relief as you poured the concoction over its open wounds. Amazingly it looked as if his skin came to life, with the open wounds inching closed faster than you could blink. Within no time his wounds were all closed but it was clear that while he was better, his energy was still not up to par. But with a bit of a struggle, he got to his feet and stomped one foot down.

An eerie black dome formed around his foot and then it expanded in size to encompass the whole rock pool. This took everyone by surprise as Krabby scuttled about behind you, using you as a shield as a giant Aggron loomed in the center where Quincy was standing.

Everything was frozen for the moment, and Quincy looked back to you and Penumbra and his mouth was open in amazement. “Penumbra ACTUALLY has the skill to show this??? That's some talent right there… but er, could you start from the beginning?” Quincy motioned with his hands and with a step backwards the scene in front of you rewound.

You looked on in amazement as you saw the scene when you first arrived, you were prone on the ground as Krelia was in front of you, Akuma was cloaked around her in a spectacular way, it made it look as if she was clad in purple armor with eerie smiles and eyes all over. Somehow she was wielding some sword… How the heck she pulled this off was unknown because upon closer inspection it was glowing with spectral energy.

Penumbra was in two places at once, one being right next to you on the ground, and then what you assumed to be the real Penumbra next to you. Perhaps Penumbra can show you more? It was already impressive enough that it was able to project a battle scene with its illusion ability.
If Elijah hadn't committed to this earlier, then this would have been the part where he threw in the towel and stormed off.

First off, here comes Penumbra, somehow erecting an entire planetarium's worth of a dome right around the ragtag group in an instant. Then, he somehow uses the most vivid photographic memory ever known to man to show everyone an instant replay of what had just transpired an hour ago. And THEN Krelia has this freakin' ghost sword that she just happened to have for some reason?!

What is WITH these people?! Can't I just go five seconds without something completely weird and outlandish happening? Elijah thought, sporting an expression on his face that looked like something between shock, confusion, and annoyance. If he wasn't at wit's end before, he was more than at that point now, and he sure wasn't hiding it.

He held that expression for a moment as he tried to regain his bearings once again. All of this just confirmed what Elijah had been suspecting, but the only thing that was news to him was Krelia pulling another one of her wacky stunts in a bout of self-preservation. He'd need a little more to go off of if he was to make any sense of this situation.

Elijah broke his stupefied expression to turn to Penumbra. "Hey, uh... you didn't happen to see anyone else in the middle of all that, did you?"
Old 05-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #42
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:

You barely touched the portal with your pokemon in tow, and before you knew it you were suddenly back inside the Foundry, The five half-baked pokeball’s you’d hooked up to the machine all glowed with new colors and to your surprise, there was the Magenta Cyber Ball that the Porygon hadn’t given you… Along with Fouco and Fueco looking at you puzzled and surprised…

“What happened in there? We heard loud noises and there was this… er Shockwave? N we came over to check on ya and there was this black screen. We barely even left you alone for more than five mins and you were Poof… Gone!” Fueco spoke rather rapidly. Fouco nodded along but looked like he should have trusted his gut to not test this new machine on a customer.

“Oh… Just as we settled you down, this employee from Silph Co. got here… Seems as if the Upgrade for the CAD system was riddled with malware and bugs all over the place. They’ve been trying to hunt down every single CAD system that was receiving the update to warn not to download the update and instead use this hard drive key they made that would have delivered a proper safety net of sorts to prevent the update from causing harm- Fouco held up a drive and motioned to the man behind him.

“You were caught up in the Malware, weren’t you? I am deeply sorry for that, I came here in hopes to catch the CAD system before the malware was downloaded to prevent it, but now that the malware made it into the system I’ll have to take it back and wipe the whole system and manually reinstall everything. IF you would like, Silph Co. can pay you up to a thousand dollars so long as you sign this non-disclosure agreement saying you won’t sue Silph Co. You would be able to keep the Cyber Balls you obtained too.”

Wipe the system?... that would mean that the Porygon that regained its composure and let you out of that cyberspace would get deleted… Maybe there was a way you could rescue the Porygon? Surely it didn’t deserve to be erased.

What will you do?
His various Pokémon grumbled at his insistence on having the last word, but they followed him to the glowing portal, where a bright light once again blinded them. When he blinked the spots from his eyes, Aiden was once again in the real, three-dimensional world. Fouco and Fuego were staring at them in puzzled surprise and there were five Cyber Balls hooked up to the machine. Huh, guess the Porygon hadn't taken five after all.

"What happened in there? We heard loud noises and there was this...er Shockwave? N we came over to check on ya and there was this black screen. We barely even left you alone for more than five mins and you were Poof... Gone!" Fuego rattled off. Fuoco just nodded along, looking like he regretted his original decision to let them use it. Aiden heartily agreed.

"Oh, just as we settled you down, this employee from Silph Co. got here. Seems as if the Upgrade for the CAD system was riddled with malware and bugs all over the place. They've been trying to hunt down every single CAD system that was receiving the update to warn not to download the update and instead use this hard drive key they made that would have delivered a proper safety net of sorts to prevent the update from causing harm." Fuoco held up a drive and motioned to the man behind him. Aiden stared incredulously between the brothers and the probably-a-Silph-Co. representative. They'd released an upgrade riddled with malware and bugs and hadn't warned people about it? Silph Co.? Weren't they worried about their company image at all?

The probably-a-representative spoke next. "You were caught up in the Malware, weren't you? I am deeply sorry for that. I came here in hopes to catch the CAD system before the malware was downloaded to prevent it, but now that the malware made it into the system, I'll have to take it back and wipe the whole system and manually reinstall everything. IF you would like, Silph Co. can pay you up to a thousand dollars so long as you sign this non-disclosure agreement saying you won't sue Silph Co. You would be able to keep the Cyber Balls you obtained too."

Aiden barked out a laugh. "What, are you gonna take them from me if I say no?" He turned and deliberately pocketed the Cyber Balls, while Kaito stretched and yawned, displaying sharp fangs, and Dust glanced up from where he was idly grooming his fur. He wasn't sure where Hint had gotten to, but he knew the Rotom had his back. "Besides, I'm not signing anything until I can get it checked over by a lawyer." There was a part of him screaming at him for being reckless, but after the day he'd had? Aiden couldn't bring himself to care.

Tase tapped at his shoulder. "The Porygon?" he whispered.

Aiden sighed, barely refrained from rolling his eyes, and turned back to the representative. He jabbed a thumb at the CAD system. "By the way, you know there's a Porygon in that system? You planning to take it out before you wipe and reformat the whole thing or naw?"

Collecting 1x Magenta Cyber Ball.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #43
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Sneaze

You were quite skeptical of Bob’s purported perfect record; not even the best of the best were unbeaten. Clearly he won through… less respectable tactics. Your gaze wanders to the Cleffa perched upon his shoulder--perhaps that was the key behind his undefeated championship. However, before you can ponder Bob’s record any further, Audelia gives you a buck to remind you that Bob was waiting for a response.

Determining that the roughneck’s account was proof enough, you happily accept the racing offer before giving Bob a smile, who returns the gesture with a grin that’s missing a couple teeth. Hopefully he lost them in a manner that was unrelated to Rhyhorn racing.

Eager to gather all the information as you could, you inquire about the rules of the arena. You wanted to win, after all, and anything could give you an edge over your competitors.

“Really, the only rule is to not kill each other. Bodies have a bad habit of attracting unwanted attention. Pretty much everythin’ else is on the table though,” Natashya says.

“Now follow me--the place is a bit far. Also, try not to look like you’re goin’ to an illegal Rhyhorn racing ring…” she whispers before leading you to a narrow gap between two sketchy bars in what hopefully didn’t look too suspicious.

The three of you squeeze through the gap before coming out to another row of bars. You follow Natashya around warehouses, past abandoned factories, through holes torn in fences topped with barbed wire. Eventually, she leads you and Bob to a wide sewage pipe, its entrance half covered with scrap metal, wooden pallets, and other industrial trash haphazardly piled together. You retch as the smell of rotten sewage hits your nose, a scent more foul than a Muk with an upset stomach, which prompts Bob and his Cleffa to chuckle.

“You’ll get used to it,” he says, before moving some of the junk aside and duking into the pipe.

Natashya makes a motion to follow her and enters as well, before realizing that you may be a little apprehensive of going into a horrible-smelling sewer pipe for a Rhyhorn race. Smiling sheepishly, she tries to provide some explanation for the bizarre choice of location.

“An odd spot, I know. The boss apparently had trouble finding a spot large enough for Rhyhorn racin’ but at the same time well hidden from pryin’ eyes. While he was hidin’ from the fuzz, he discovered that sewers were the perfect place to hide from unwanted attention, and established the arena there.”

“I promise it's not as filthy as it looks. The pipes where the arena is are surprisingly clean. Well, as clean as a sketchy Rhyhorn racing rink can be.” she says.

As
the pipe closes around you, the light quickly fades away to darkness, the only source of photons a soft glow from the Salandit perched on Natashya’s shoulders, and the faint shine of Natashya’s cellphone’s flashlight. The air is muggy and oppressive, and the ground beneath your feet is slick; you can hear the sound of rushing water off in the distance. After what felt like hours, the sound eventually fades, only to be replaced with low roars. The ground rumbles beneath your feet--you must be getting close. You arrive at a hole in the piping, from which a bright line shines, before entering inside.

The arena was far different from the pipes, lined with crumbling brick rather than rusty metal. It extended back quite far, with several holes in its walls, most of them filled with dirt and rock, with crude white lines drawn along the ground, no doubt the race track. Clustered near the ends of the tracks are crowds of trainers, jeering and chanting.

“Apparently this place was once a hideout for smugglers back in the day,” Natashya says.

She then gestures to where Bob was standing, near three other trainers next to their Rhyhorn; a punk girl with fire in her eyes and hair brilliant orange and shaped like a flame, a frail and bookish teenager in a black hoodie who kept looking around nervously, and an expressionless man covered in scars.

“Those are your fellow racers. I’ll go tell the boss you’ll be our fifth racer.”

“Good luck!”

-------

Note, you can order up to three attacks to either attack your opponent(s) or get an edge in the race. You can use multiple Pokémon as well, including your Rhyhorn.

Last edited by SpinyShell; 05-20-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:18 PM   #44
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:

You explained your plan to your partner Limestone, and the two heads of the Binacle looked to each other and then looked back at you, nodding.

As you started to swim downward the Binacle focused their energy on the seafloor, suddenly a vortex started to form, picking up sand, and growing rapidly in size before unleashing contact from the floor in a miniature vortex whirlpool of surging water and sand aimed for the waring ghost Pokemon. The combo move grew rapidly in size as it approached the two, and by the time it reached them both the vortex was big enough to engulf them both AND the subnautican ship they were fighting over. Water combo moves seemed to grow in power under the water it seemed. This worked in your favor though regardless.

As you touched the seafloor by the dead coral reef that was underneath the ship’s hull… You DID in fact find not only fresh new coral attempting to grow but you also saw the perfect thing you could take to show the Corsola without harming the baby reef. A Heart Scale.

“AYE, WHAT IN THE DAMN MUZZY IS THIS????” You could hear the seamanlike anchor pokemon call out telepathically, and following that you heard the Corsola speak as well.

“Finally, An Edge over you!” You then heard a big groan and a reverberating metallic whack… Sounds like your distraction worked in both your favor and the Corsola’s… You didn’t have much time left. You needed to get over there NOW!
Limestone took Sil’s request without hesitation, despite the great risk it posed to them. As she swam down to the seafloor, the Binacle pair turned their attention there as well. Using every bit of strength they could muster, they sent the oceanic water swirling, picking up grains of sand from the bottom, before directing the sandy surge towards the warring poltergeists. The combo attack increased in size as it approached the two, bolstered by the fact that the attack was underwater, growing from a small eddy to a roaring whirlpool large enough to swallow the entire dreadnought in the rippling currents.

Sil glanced over to the ghosts as she neared the seafloor, making sure that they were kept busy. She felt a rush of relief to see that they were still preoccupied with the vortex, their enraged and confused screeches letting her know she better act fast. Kicking as fiercely as possible, she approached the bottom, towards that twinkle of color she had seen, that one glimmer of hope.

There! Her eyes had not deceived her. Shimmering in the dappled sunlight was living coral, the young polyps reaching out to the sunlight with calcium carbonate hands. And nestled between the coral branches was the shed Heart Scale of a Luvdisc, proof that not only were the corals returning, but the Pokémon as well. Gently grasping the pastel flake Sil prepared to ascend, only for an ear-piercing mental shout to tear through her consciousness.

“YE, WHAT IN THE DAMN MUZZY IS THIS????”

“Finally, An Edge over you!”

What followed was a horrible groan and metallic clanging sound, which caused Sil’s heart to leap into her throat. It seemed Limestone’s distraction had thrown the Dhelmise off guard, providing the crazed Corsola an opportunity to strike. She needed to get this Heart Scale to the Corsola as soon as possible, otherwise she might be sleeping with the fishes.

“Wait! Stop!” she shouted, paying no heed to her oxygen usage as she waved the Heart Scale frantically.

“The reef is returning!”
Old 05-21-2021, 02:00 AM   #45
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Penumbra tilted his head and the scenery shifted, from the side perspective to the first-person perspective. From Penumbra’s eye’s you assumed, you could see Krelia throw her hand back at you, rather Penumbra that is, and you saw a monstrosity of an arcanine engaging in combat with the Aggron. Off to the other side, you saw two blue pokemon engaging in combat with two other rather unusual pokemon. There was a wailmer in the bay that seemed to be attacking a metal crate filled up with aquatic pokemon, seemingly also trying to dodge attacks from a shell-clad Sword-wielding?... water pokemon.

The other blue pokemon had a black tail that seemed to have eyes on it and had thrown up some sort of barrier around its body as it was struck by several small red-eyed metal pokemon.

Quincy stepped around and started exploring the scene, Behind the waring pokemon there were several flatbed trucks equipped with tank tracks parked by the edge of the rockpools and you could see several people scuttling around it and pushing up water tanks and metal cages where you could see a huge orange claw sticking out of one gripping on tight to a person. “Bet that’s A Kingler there. Probably related to that Krabby there.” Quincy nodded to the little Krabby who let out a pitiful croaking sound…

You’ve been shown more of what happened when everything rushed by… and it seemed that while Penumbra was healed of his physical injuries, he wasn’t fully restored energy-wise… this was denoted by his heavy labored breathing. He wouldn’t be able to keep this projection up for much longer. In fact, he was probably the reason you woke up here at the rockpools instead of somewhere… else… wherever Krelia might be.

“Ey, by this They had to have split up into two groups. One of them had to be on Land and the other probably went under the bay” Quincy nodded out to the bay because it was a bit obvious. How else would they be able to collect these crates full of aquatic Pokemon?.

You were now presented with a choice, Penumbra probably saw which direction both parties went in but from the looks of it, he’d only be able to show one party. You’d have to pick between the Flatbed Truck group or the Fishing Boat Group.

Which will one you Choose?

You frantically swam to the waring poltergeists and waved the Heart Scale in your hand desperately as much as you could.

“WAIT, STOP!” you shouted, starting to use up what little oxygen you had left in your tank, but that was ok for the moment. If you could get these two to stop, you’d have more than enough time to get to the surface.

“The Reef is returning” you swam up to the confused Corsola and carefully cupped the Heart Scale in your hand for the deceased coral pokemon to see… and see it did. With unusually clear and wispy tendrils that displaced the water as they moved, the Corsola picked up the Heart Scale from your hands and inspected it carefully… with what seemed to be tears in its eyes.

“It… It really is returning?” The voice spoke so softly in your mind it almost seemed to be a whisper that barely caressed your mind. “ it really is… after so long… it truly is returning”
Corsola looked at you with a dim glow in its eyes, the same glow seemed to be expanding from its eyes throughout its whole body. “ then,... there is no need for me to do this anymore is there? I don’t need to fight? I don’t need to seek revenge?”

It looked to you for answers but it already seemed to know what you would have said in the situation and looked to where you pulled the Scale from. “I can finally move on… How long ago was it… so many friends, lost memories…” The corsola dropped the scale into your hands, and abandoned the Dreadnaught and drifted over to the patch of coral starting to grow, the glow that started in its eyes grew brighter and brighter until it enveloped the whole body of the Corsola and shone as bright as a star. Once over the coral, the Corsola’s body dropped gently to the floor and the glowing light seemed to start to fade away. “Protect this Reef… Please.” with those final words the light dimmed out to a tiny orb and it drifted out in the bay, dimming even more with distance as it drifted away.

“Well, That’d be a sight n a fine story to tell me crew when I find them, Ma’am”. The Delhmise rocked its anchor back and forth, before picking the Dreadnaught up with its spectral powers. Disappearing within the hull, the old ship seemed to start to come to life on its own and started to swim in a different direction. As it went you could hear the Delhmise singing some sort of sea shanty… It seemed that it thought it was a real seaman instead of a pokemon, but there wasn’t much you could do about that.

You were reminded that you were running low on oxygen within your air tank thanks to Alta calling out to you to start coming up. “While that was certainly a sight to see, You still are running the risk of drowning down there, Get on up here!” Limestone took the initiative here and after latching up onto you, shot you through the water at a faster pace using Water Pledge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alta’s voice was excited as she started to talk to NFC officials, explaining what she had, or more truthfully, what you had found after the storm. Dewey rocked with the boat and the waves that hit it gently as it steered back to Cape Effervescence, You looked back down to Hailstone and Limestone who seemed to be bonding in some way. You also inspected the heart scale in your hand, the vibrant colors glowing after catching the sun rays reflected off of the waves.

Here marks the end of your journey! I hope I did well to help wrap up your adventure!
As for rewards; Limestone has gained 4 Levels, You’ve Obtained a Heart Scale, and Alta found Aqua Ball’s within the Team Aqua dreadnought, She decided to give one to you since she had originally found two. You’ve also gained a generous reward of $1,000 Pokedollars from the city for discovering the growing parts of the reef within Cape Effervescence!

Your more than welcome to come back and adventure within NFC, If you do I can’t wait to see how your adventure turns out!

Fuoco and Fuego seemed pretty much unbothered by any of your actions right up until you mentioned the Porygon within the machine. “Wait… You WERE going to do that Weren’t you?” Fuoco narrowed his eyes at the “Silph Co.” Representative. “I’m sorry I also seemed to have forgotten your name, Mister… Can you show me your card once again?” Fuoco seemed to have something else in mind instead of simply looking at the rep’s card.
Fuego who seemed to be shocked about hearing there being a Pokemon within the machine turned to it and busied himself trying to figure out how to take out the Porygon.

Uncomfortable, the “Silph Co.” Rep, pulled out a card and flashed it for a second to Fuoco before hastily shoving it back into his pocket. “Mmhm. Nice name Mrs. Alexandra. No offense but you aren’t Mrs. Alexandra, Why don’t you take a walk with me, Buddy.” Fuoco clapped the now red-faced man and walked him around the shop a bit away from you and Fuego.

Turning back to Fuego who managed to somehow not only turn on the machine but managed to pull up exactly where the Porygon was located within the hardware’s data and was trying to coax the man-made Pokemon out. Soon enough there was a chirpy and beeping Porygon zooming about the room in a rather boxy blocky way. The Porygon then turned its attention back to you and bowed its head several times before hovering relatively close to you.

“Looks like the little fella wants to join ya. Maybe as an apology for the trouble, it caused you while its files were corrupted. Oh and don’t worry bout that nasty gremlin. Turns out it was a pretty genius but cowardly snot who wanted to steal the CAD machine we just got to try and mass-produce and sell Cyber Balls from his basement or something stupid like that.” Fuoco came back dusting his hands off the “Rep” nowhere to be seen or heard from for that matter. Didn’t matter that much anyway.

“Oh and uh,... Well As an apology for letting you get sucked up into the CAD, I personally will be giving ya bout $2,000. You can take the porygon with you as well if you want, that’s entirely up to you, If you do then cool. If you don’t then Fuego and I have another buddy to help around here within the Foundry.” Fuoco pulled out a checkbook from a pouch on his hip and went to go find a pen.

Fuego, who ducked away for a moment when his brother came back, returned with two discs in his hands “ I uh,... I also have something for you as well… I’ve got these two TMs or TR’s or whatever they’re called these days that aren’t getting any use here from me. So I figured you can have these as well.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This marks the end of your adventure within the Foundry! I hope I was able to help finish this pretty well for you!

You have earned the 5x Cyber Balls that you worked hard for throughout the adventure, you also have earned $2,000 Pokedollars, a TM for Tri Attack, and a TM for Electric Terrain, you may also capture and take the Porygon with you should you wish.

NFC Will always welcome your return, should you choose to come back here, and hopefully we can weave you a masterpiece adventure!

Old 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM   #46
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Penumbra tilted his head and the scenery shifted, from the side perspective to the first-person perspective. From Penumbra’s eye’s you assumed, you could see Krelia throw her hand back at you, rather Penumbra that is, and you saw a monstrosity of an arcanine engaging in combat with the Aggron. Off to the other side, you saw two blue pokemon engaging in combat with two other rather unusual pokemon. There was a wailmer in the bay that seemed to be attacking a metal crate filled up with aquatic pokemon, seemingly also trying to dodge attacks from a shell-clad Sword-wielding?... water pokemon.

The other blue pokemon had a black tail that seemed to have eyes on it and had thrown up some sort of barrier around its body as it was struck by several small red-eyed metal pokemon.

Quincy stepped around and started exploring the scene, Behind the waring pokemon there were several flatbed trucks equipped with tank tracks parked by the edge of the rockpools and you could see several people scuttling around it and pushing up water tanks and metal cages where you could see a huge orange claw sticking out of one gripping on tight to a person. “Bet that’s A Kingler there. Probably related to that Krabby there.” Quincy nodded to the little Krabby who let out a pitiful croaking sound…

You’ve been shown more of what happened when everything rushed by… and it seemed that while Penumbra was healed of his physical injuries, he wasn’t fully restored energy-wise… this was denoted by his heavy labored breathing. He wouldn’t be able to keep this projection up for much longer. In fact, he was probably the reason you woke up here at the rockpools instead of somewhere… else… wherever Krelia might be.

“Ey, by this They had to have split up into two groups. One of them had to be on Land and the other probably went under the bay” Quincy nodded out to the bay because it was a bit obvious. How else would they be able to collect these crates full of aquatic Pokemon?.

You were now presented with a choice, Penumbra probably saw which direction both parties went in but from the looks of it, he’d only be able to show one party. You’d have to pick between the Flatbed Truck group or the Fishing Boat Group.

Which will one you Choose?
Penumbra's definition of "anyone else" was decidedly different from what Elijah had in mind. Instead of getting a lead on who was behind this scheme, he was met with images of the world's weirdest Arcanine dueling the Aggron from earlier and a Wailmer trying to bust open a metal crate while avoiding a flurry of attacks from what looked like a Samurott.

One thing that caught both Elijah and Quincy's eyes, however, was a big orange claw sticking out of one of the cages that had been loaded onto one of the trucks in the distance. It almost looked like—

"Bet that's a Kingler there," Quincy said. "Probably related to that Krabby there."

Guess that settled that one. At least Elijah finally had something to go off of.

"'Ey, by this, they had to have split up into two groups. One of them had to be on land and the other probably went under the bay," Quincy added.

Mr. Know-It-All had a point. How else were these poachers managing to hold up an operation this big without getting caught? This meant that Elijah had to decide between following one of those transport vehicles and diving beneath the coast in search of the rest of whoever these doofuses were.

Chasing after that truck seemed like the safe and obvious choice to him. But, yet... to spend all of this time reluctantly psyching himself up to throw himself headfirst into the unknown only to take the easy way out? It didn't seem like the right thing to do. Sure, that... "Kingler" was probably important to the poor Krabby, but it made way more sense to him to nip this poaching problem in the bud instead. Besides, if things went well then he could come back for it later.

Elijah turned to Quincy. "I'm for going under. These guys seem like the kind of people that would hide their base down there, anyway."

He walked over to the scuba suit that Krelia bought and reached for it only to discover that it was part of Penumbra's weird illusion-theater.

Last edited by blu3shift; 05-28-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #47
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:

You frantically swam to the waring poltergeists and waved the Heart Scale in your hand desperately as much as you could.

“WAIT, STOP!” you shouted, starting to use up what little oxygen you had left in your tank, but that was ok for the moment. If you could get these two to stop, you’d have more than enough time to get to the surface.

“The Reef is returning” you swam up to the confused Corsola and carefully cupped the Heart Scale in your hand for the deceased coral pokemon to see… and see it did. With unusually clear and wispy tendrils that displaced the water as they moved, the Corsola picked up the Heart Scale from your hands and inspected it carefully… with what seemed to be tears in its eyes.

“It… It really is returning?” The voice spoke so softly in your mind it almost seemed to be a whisper that barely caressed your mind. “ it really is… after so long… it truly is returning”
Corsola looked at you with a dim glow in its eyes, the same glow seemed to be expanding from its eyes throughout its whole body. “ then,... there is no need for me to do this anymore is there? I don’t need to fight? I don’t need to seek revenge?”

It looked to you for answers but it already seemed to know what you would have said in the situation and looked to where you pulled the Scale from. “I can finally move on… How long ago was it… so many friends, lost memories…” The corsola dropped the scale into your hands, and abandoned the Dreadnaught and drifted over to the patch of coral starting to grow, the glow that started in its eyes grew brighter and brighter until it enveloped the whole body of the Corsola and shone as bright as a star. Once over the coral, the Corsola’s body dropped gently to the floor and the glowing light seemed to start to fade away. “Protect this Reef… Please.” with those final words the light dimmed out to a tiny orb and it drifted out in the bay, dimming even more with distance as it drifted away.

“Well, That’d be a sight n a fine story to tell me crew when I find them, Ma’am”. The Delhmise rocked its anchor back and forth, before picking the Dreadnaught up with its spectral powers. Disappearing within the hull, the old ship seemed to start to come to life on its own and started to swim in a different direction. As it went you could hear the Delhmise singing some sort of sea shanty… It seemed that it thought it was a real seaman instead of a pokemon, but there wasn’t much you could do about that.

You were reminded that you were running low on oxygen within your air tank thanks to Alta calling out to you to start coming up. “While that was certainly a sight to see, You still are running the risk of drowning down there, Get on up here!” Limestone took the initiative here and after latching up onto you, shot you through the water at a faster pace using Water Pledge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alta’s voice was excited as she started to talk to NFC officials, explaining what she had, or more truthfully, what you had found after the storm. Dewey rocked with the boat and the waves that hit it gently as it steered back to Cape Effervescence, You looked back down to Hailstone and Limestone who seemed to be bonding in some way. You also inspected the heart scale in your hand, the vibrant colors glowing after catching the sun rays reflected off of the waves.

Here marks the end of your journey! I hope I did well to help wrap up your adventure!
As for rewards; Limestone has gained 4 Levels, You’ve Obtained a Heart Scale, and Alta found Aqua Ball’s within the Team Aqua dreadnought, She decided to give one to you since she had originally found two. You’ve also gained a generous reward of $1,000 Pokedollars from the city for discovering the growing parts of the reef within Cape Effervescence!

Your more than welcome to come back and adventure within NFC, If you do I can’t wait to see how your adventure turns out!

Sil wasn’t fully certain what she was in for when she flailed the Heart Scale about. But the Corsola’s puzzled expression was perhaps the last thing she would have thought of; she was expecting shades of wrath and hate. Putting aside her fear for the moment, she swam up to the Corsola and gently held the shimmering scale between her hands. With translucent branches, the Corsola tenderly grasped the Heart Scale and brought it close to her face. As she turned the scale over, inspecting every facet of it, with what appeared tears budding in the corners of her eyes. Slowly, what the appearance of the scale meant began to take hold, realization spreading across her face.

“It… It really is returning?” she asked in a voice soft and gentle, quite the contrast from the angry mental screams of before. The weight of the scale seemed to fully sink in her mind.

“It really is… after so long… it truly is returning”

She looked directly at Sil, the tears in her eyes sparkling. A faint, gentle glow flickered there, in the depths of her black beady eyes, bringing a warmth to orbs which once harbored hatred. The glow expanded, slowly spreading over her body.

“Then,... there is no need for me to do this anymore is there? I don’t need to fight? I don’t need to seek revenge?”

The Corsola looked at her as if asking for a response, but it seemed deep in her ghostly heart she already knew the answer.

“I can finally move on… How long ago was it… so many friends, lost memories…”
She dropped the Heart Scale back into Sil’s hands and gently set the dreadnought down, before swimming over to the young coral bed. The light had fully taken over the Corsola’s body, illuminating her like a miniature star under the ocean. A kaleidoscope of color danced across the seafloor as the color reflected flecks of light, and the husk of the cnidarian gently floated down. It nestled amongst the polyps as the glowing light began to ascend and fade.

“Protect this Reef… Please.”

And, with that, the Corsola passed on.

After several minutes of contemplative silence, the Dhelmise piped up.

“Well, That’d be a sight n a fine story to tell me crew when I find them, Ma’am,” it said, swinging its anchor back and forth. It was acting awfully nonchalant considering what had just transpired, but Sil was getting a sinking suspicion the Dhelmise had a few too many screws loose. With a massive groan, the ship was lifted off the seafloor, revealing a hole in the hull into which the Dhelmise entered. Greenish tendrils of seaweed began to wrap around the entire ship as it started to drift away, sea shanties emanating from the interior. Perhaps the Dhlemise didn’t realize it was a Pokemon.

Sil watched it go, struggling to comprehend what had just happened. Her head was pounding.

“While that was certainly a sight to see, You still are running the risk of drowning down there, Get on up here!”

Atla’s voice crackled through the walkie-talkies, reminding Sil that she was on a very short timer. If she stayed underwater any longer, she might end up like the Dhelmise…

Limestone, sensing the danger, latched onto her and propelled her to the surface with a Water Pledge.

~~~~~

Atla talked excitedly into the boat’s radio, explaining to city officials what they had found on the seafloor. Meanwhile, the Pokemon were enjoying themselves. Dewy rocked the boat, enjoying the spray of seawater and foam as it crashed into the waves. Meanwhile, Hailstone and Limestone were bonding; the barnacle pair would shoot bursts of water into the air, and Hailstone would freeze them with a dazzling Powder Snow.

Smiling, Sil looked at the Heart Scale clasped in her hand, its colors as vibrant as the sunset.

OOC: Thank you for updating my adventure, I had a lot of fun. I'll definitely come back to NFC someday--I have some plans that I'd love to see come to fruition here.

Record keeping:
  • Limestone: 24 --(+4)--> 28
  • Heart Scales: 1 --> 2
  • Aqua Balls: 1 --> 2

Last edited by SpinyShell; 05-30-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:51 PM   #48
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:

Sunder Island Reply in Pale Violet Red

Once an island town with a sizeable population and booming economy, Sunder Island was plundered into catastrophe when its nuclear power plant went into meltdown. The radioactive island was evacuated and its bridge to the mainland closed off for good; but today the Sunder Island exclusion zone isn’t devoid of life. Its abandoned tower blocks have been overrun by lush forest and home a collection of wildlife, as well as descendants of Pokemon that were left in the city when its residents fled the nuclear fallout. Exploring the island offers an eerie look at what our cities would look like if humans vanished off the face of the earth.

Having arrived in New Fizz City after fleeing the Orre region and her former allies in Team Cipher Marietta found herself quickly bored with the beautiful and happy scenery found in abundance in this strange new land, wanting to further her goals of understanding the Shadow phenomenon.

Years would pass and eventually the Sunder Island would continue to peak her interest, causing her to end up where she is now. Gazing upon the nature reclaimed city landscape she takes out two pokeballs, one of glowing shadow and the other a lifeless vampiric white and lets their contents burst onto the scene, an albino Shuppet coming from the latter and a fairly normal Houndour from the other.

Turning her gaze to the Shuppet Marietta says "What do you think, good enough place to harbor those fueled by hate and shadow?" The shuppet simply chuckling at the edgely worded question before looping in the air and heading towards the wreckages of nearby buildings.

"It would seem so" she mutters to herself before beckoning her Houndour to join her in following their enthusiastic friend.

Old 05-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #49
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

Entering the shrine, you notice the old man sitting on top of a cushion. Looking around, this shrine looked a lot like the theater in Ecruteak city. Green tatami mats, sliding paper doors, and an adornment of candles surrounding the walls. The monk looked at you and bowed. There was a small, rectangular wooden plank on the ground functioning as a legless table.

He motions for you to sit, and pours three small cups of oolong tea for you, Wisewoods, and Silver. Waiting until you and your Pokemon have situated themselves, he takes a sip of the piping hot tea and beings to speak.

"Hello young man, my name is Yoshi, and the current head monk of this small shrine. I'm sure you want some answers, as you aren't from around here. 15 years ago, the city was hit by a massive tsunami, destroying infrastructure and claiming many lives. While most of them were claimed by the ocean, a few have been buried here. On the anniversary of such events, those whose spirits have lingered appear here, dripping like their bodies once were," he speaks, taking a small break in the middle of the story to drink his tea.

"Most of the people in New Fizz have forgotten the catastrophe, their memories transient with the new technology coming out. So about every year for a week, they avoid the place at all costs and claim it's haunted. In a sense, they are correct. However, it is more restless dead needing the peace of mind to move on. Most of them, if given the chance to see their old homes and families will be able to move on."

He pauses for a bit and takes in a deep breath.

"However, some aren't so lucky. Their spirits warp and transform. I've only seen one such transformation happen before, but it was from a different incident entirely. A poor spirit corrupted and turned into a Gengar. Though, here, it's different. It is something that holds control over the ghosts and their water and has been dragging visitors away. Luckily, they aren't harmed when found, but it is worrying."

"So, young man, if I could ask of you to try and track this corrupted spirit down, and resolve the issue it would be appreciated. Of course, I won't impose this onto you," he states, taking one last sip of tea.

That was certainly a lot to take in, but very detailed all the same. A legitimate haunting coming out of a tragic event. There was definitely something else happening though, underneath the surface. Why was this happening, fifteen years later?

How do you respond?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-24-2021, 02:12 AM   #50
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:

Fuoco and Fuego seemed pretty much unbothered by any of your actions right up until you mentioned the Porygon within the machine. “Wait… You WERE going to do that Weren’t you?” Fuoco narrowed his eyes at the “Silph Co.” Representative. “I’m sorry I also seemed to have forgotten your name, Mister… Can you show me your card once again?” Fuoco seemed to have something else in mind instead of simply looking at the rep’s card.
Fuego who seemed to be shocked about hearing there being a Pokemon within the machine turned to it and busied himself trying to figure out how to take out the Porygon.

Uncomfortable, the “Silph Co.” Rep, pulled out a card and flashed it for a second to Fuoco before hastily shoving it back into his pocket. “Mmhm. Nice name Mrs. Alexandra. No offense but you aren’t Mrs. Alexandra, Why don’t you take a walk with me, Buddy.” Fuoco clapped the now red-faced man and walked him around the shop a bit away from you and Fuego.

Turning back to Fuego who managed to somehow not only turn on the machine but managed to pull up exactly where the Porygon was located within the hardware’s data and was trying to coax the man-made Pokemon out. Soon enough there was a chirpy and beeping Porygon zooming about the room in a rather boxy blocky way. The Porygon then turned its attention back to you and bowed its head several times before hovering relatively close to you.

“Looks like the little fella wants to join ya. Maybe as an apology for the trouble, it caused you while its files were corrupted. Oh and don’t worry bout that nasty gremlin. Turns out it was a pretty genius but cowardly snot who wanted to steal the CAD machine we just got to try and mass-produce and sell Cyber Balls from his basement or something stupid like that.” Fuoco came back dusting his hands off the “Rep” nowhere to be seen or heard from for that matter. Didn’t matter that much anyway.

“Oh and uh,... Well As an apology for letting you get sucked up into the CAD, I personally will be giving ya bout $2,000. You can take the porygon with you as well if you want, that’s entirely up to you, If you do then cool. If you don’t then Fuego and I have another buddy to help around here within the Foundry.” Fuoco pulled out a checkbook from a pouch on his hip and went to go find a pen.

Fuego, who ducked away for a moment when his brother came back, returned with two discs in his hands “ I uh,... I also have something for you as well… I’ve got these two TMs or TR’s or whatever they’re called these days that aren’t getting any use here from me. So I figured you can have these as well.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This marks the end of your adventure within the Foundry! I hope I was able to help finish this pretty well for you!

You have earned the 5x Cyber Balls that you worked hard for throughout the adventure, you also have earned $2,000 Pokedollars, a TM for Tri Attack, and a TM for Electric Terrain, you may also capture and take the Porygon with you should you wish.

NFC Will always welcome your return, should you choose to come back here, and hopefully we can weave you a masterpiece adventure!
The brothers paused as he mentioned the Porygon, Fuoco turning narrowed eyes to the rep. "Wait...you were going to do that, weren't you? I'm sorry, I also seemed to have forgotten your name, Mister...can you show me your card once again?"

Fuego, meanwhile, moved over to fiddle with machine and Aiden shifted away to give him room. He watched curiously as the rep pulled out a card and flashed it pretty quickly before stuffing it back into his pocket. Suspicious much?

And clearly for good reason as Fuoco said, "Mmhm. Nice name, Mrs. Alexandra. No offense, but you aren't Mrs. Alexandra; why don't you take a walk with me, buddy?" Fuoco clapped the red-faced guy on a shoulder and used that grip to steer him away from them. Aiden winced. He hadn't had a good angle to see the ID himself, but oof. Bad planning there, using an ID that hadn't been doctored to match. Simple fix too, so he figured the guy was probably amateur and being opportunistic instead of anything like the underground fighting ring Aiden'd busted not long ago.

He turned to see how Fuego was doing with the Porygon and found the other brother in the middle of coaxing the computerized Pokémon out of the machine. It wasn't long before the Porygon materialized in the real world, chirping and beeping as it zoomed around the room. Aiden kept a wary eye on it, even though he knew it was unlikely it'd come after him now that it was back in its base stage.

It eventually turned to him and, ignoring Dust and Kaito's protective bristling, bowed at him several times before attempting to hover close by. Aiden backed up a few steps as Hint materialized from wherever the Rotom had been hiding (probably in his personalized hands-free device) and interposed itself between Aiden and the Porygon with a hastily-restrained growl.

Fuoco returned from wherever he'd taken the fake-rep, dusting his hands off as he commented, "Looks like the little fella wants to join ya. Maybe as an apology for the trouble it caused you while its files were corrupted. Oh, and don't worry 'bout that nasty gremlin. Turns out it was a pretty genius but cowardly snot who wanted to steal the CAD machine we just got to try and mass-produce and sell Cyber Balls from his basement or something stupid like that."

"If he was smarter, he wouldn't have used a shit ID," Aiden muttered under his breath, but he doubted either brother heard him. Which was just as well, because did that mean the corrupted malware was part of the CAD system then? He'd...look into it later.

"Oh, and uh...well, as an apology for letting you get sucked up into the CAD, I personally will be giving ya bout $2000," Fuoco continued, prompting Aiden to blink at him. He was...paying him as compensation? Huh, well, Aiden wasn't going to turn down money. "You can take the Porygon with you as well, if you want; that's entirely up to you. If you do, then cool. If you don't, then Fuego and I have another buddy to help around here within the Foundry."

Aiden made a face as Fuoco pulled out a checkbook and went to go find a pen. After his entire experience with the Porygon-Z, he kinda...didn't want anything to do with Porygon, even if it was super unlikely that there'd be a repeat performance. Besides, he had Hint; why would he need another electronic-device-interfacing Pokémon?

Hint hmphed its agreement as Fuego returned with two discs in hand. "I, uh...I also have something for you as well... I've got these two TMs or TRs or whatever they're called these days that aren't getting any use here from me. So, I figured you can have these as well."

"Thanks," Aiden said automatically as he took the TMs, stunned. He stared down at them for a moment before tucking them away into his pocket and accepting the check Fuoco handed him. He put that away as well, took a deep breath, and turned to the Porygon with a grimace. "Look, I appreciate that you...want to come with me for whatever reason, but I'm not looking to add any more Pokémon at the moment. I've got my hands full with these four already and, to be honest, after everything you put us through while evolved?" He paused for a breath, shifting his weight. "I can't say I'd be comfortable having you around.

"Sorry," he tacked on a moment later before turning on his heel. "C'mon, guys. Let's go...somewhere else." Dust immediately trotted after him, eager to escape the heat, while Kaito paused for a moment, Illusioning himself into a Growlithe again before padding after them.

Hint waited until they were mostly out of earshot before telling the Porygon, "He's mine and I don't plan to share. So, stay away or I'll grab the others and we'll make this fight much worse than the one we had."

Its piece said, it floated after its team, just as Aiden asked, "What time is it anyway?"

"Um, time to call your brother?" Tase said as Aiden's phone started vibrating. "A lot of messages just came through."

"What?" Aiden fished his phone out and stared at the increasing message count as preview after preview flashed across his screen. "How long has it been?"

"Long enough that it sounds like he's panicking," Kaito said dryly.

Aiden didn't even bother reading most of the messages; he just called.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Mike snapped the moment he picked up.

Aiden coughed sheepishly. "Yeah, about that..."

Thank you for a fun and enjoyable adventure, Emp, even if I didn't get to complete it with you! And thank you Enigma for finishing it up!

Collected 5x Cyber Balls (Red, Green, Aqua, Violet, and Magenta) over the course of the adventure and collecting $2000, TM Tri Attack, and TM Electric Terrain.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records