UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 12:56 PM   #2351
Sneaze
Mrow?

OkikuMew: You have hatched a female Galarian Ponyta with EMs Ally Switch and Hypnosis!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 07-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #2352
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Marion Ette: You have hatched a male Froakie with EMs Mud Sport and Toxic Spikes!
Claiming this little one in a regular Pokeball. Thank you!!!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #2353
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Dropping off 1x Baby Egg from Staff Reward 160.
Hatching!
Old 07-17-2022, 11:39 AM   #2354
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Awwk! Ahoy! Ahoy!"

As you enter the Hatchery, this is the greeting that meets your ears. Its source isn't hard to discern, either, as you see a Chatot winging her way towards you. She circles around you a couple of times, then flies off in the direction of the back room. She doesn't fly out of sight, though- just before reaching the door, she stops, turns around, and looks back at you expectantly. "Awwk! Ready to hatch! Ready to hatch!" she caws out to you. Well, that was fairly unambiguous, wasn't it!

At this point, you follow the Chatot. I mean, why wouldn't you at this stage? And sure enough, the blabbering bird leads you straight and true, right into the room where sits the Egg you brought in a week ago. The Chatot comes in for a landing on the shoulder of a very tall man who, to put it as bluntly as possible, looks like a pirate. Right down to the tricorne hat and the eyepatch. His demeanor, however, is warm and welcoming. "Arrgh, welcome aboard," he greets you. "Tom Maelstrom McPhione at yer service. I be volunteerin' here today, and ye can rest assured, yer Egg be doin' just fine."

Indeed, as if to drive Tom's point home, the Egg begins emitting a pulsing glow. As the minutes tick by, this intensifies, and once it gets to the point where you can no longer safely look directly at the Egg, there's a burst of energy, and then the glow is gone. And the Egg, for that matter. What appears to be a small potted plant rests in its place, looking around at the world for the first time. Hatchery staff, both regular and volunteer, are quick to check up on the newborn, but everything seems to be fine.

"Yarr, all be well with the little one," Tom reports to you. "Ye signs these here papers, and the lad'll be all set to join yer crew."

lilboocorsola: Bonsly♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Rock Polish! A real gem of a move!
  • It also knows the Egg move Rollout! We apologize for the inevitable Miltank flashbacks!
  • It also knows the Egg move Sand Tomb! Well, son of a beach!
Old 07-17-2022, 07:52 PM   #2355
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
OkikuMew: You have hatched a female Galarian Ponyta with EMs Ally Switch and Hypnosis!
Awwww, look at that cutie! Your name has been set in stone for so, so many years... Rosie.

Picking her up with this ye olde Valentine Ball.

Thank you~
Old 07-17-2022, 08:57 PM   #2356
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Dropping off two of my Pokemon for breeding (Slot 2/6). Giving Geodude my Alolan Incense to hold, and my Snorunt an Old Spice Incense.
Picking up the egg from this... wow this thing smells bad.

Also hatching my first Birthday Egg in over 2 years!
Old 07-17-2022, 09:14 PM   #2357
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Also hatching my first Birthday Egg in over 2 years!
As you enter the Hatchery, you are greeted with a most unusual sight, one that might even elicit some concern at first- you see a Goldeen flopping and flailing about on the floor, a fish out of water in the most literal sense. However, closer inspection reveals that this Goldeen is hardly floundering helplessly, but rather purposefully and determinedly bounding towards you. He circles around you, before bounding towards the back room. "Goldeen Goldeen Goldeen!" he exclaims insistently. Well. You had better follow him, then, hadn't you?

For a fish out of water, that Goldeen sure can move! It's all you can do to keep up with the impatient fish, but soon enough, there you are. You see the Goldeen getting scooped up by who looks to be a real, live pirate, chuckling sheepishly as he sets the Water-type into a nearby tank. "Arrgh, Goldeen here be a handful and then some," he remarks as he approaches you. "Tom Maelstrom McPhione at yer service. No need to explain why yer here- yer Egg be about ready to hatch." Indeed, the Birthday Egg you brought in is already pulsing with light, and the sight prompts Hatchery staff, regulars and volunteers alike, to hasten to get everything ready. And ready things are by the time the glow gets too intense to look at directly... and then, suddenly, the glow is gone. In its place stands a small aquatic creature, the sight of which prompts Tom to readily assist the Hatchery staff in examining. As he does so, you can overhear snippets of the old sea dog recounting a tale of a previous encounter with this type of Pokémon on a voyage that took him to the shores of the Galar region. Before long, however, you're cleared to go and meet your new friend.

ShadowDRGN: Sobble♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Fell Stinger! Point well taken!

Quote:
Picking up the egg from this... wow this thing smells bad.
Not long after you and Sobble get acquainted, however, Tom approaches you. "Arrgh, methinks this ain't the only reason ye be here, aye?" he stated. "We knows ye gots another Egg due to hatch, and it be due to hatch soon by me reckonin'. This way," he invites you. It isn't far- just over to another area of the room. Another Egg sits, pulsing gently with light, but it isn't long before the glow gets brighter, growing steadily brighter still. And as with Sobble's Egg, this Egg too glows so brightly that it's no longer advisable to look at it... and then, with another pulse of energy, the glow fades. And this time, Tom lets the regular Hatchery staff look over the newborn, with no tales to regale them with, no wisdom on this species to impart.

"Yarr, now that there, I ain't know much about," Tom admitted. "Can't even say as I knew they came in such a form as that. And mind ye, I've made port all across Alola, so when they told me what be due to hatch from this, thought good and well fer a moment they was fixin' to pull a fast one on ol' Tom." He chortled heartily after this. "Arrgh, ended up apologizin' to 'em but good once I had me a good look at me Pokédex," he added, producing said device- the casing looked a nice imitation of wood grain. A Hoenn model, with the little wheel on the side, and on Tom's that wheel was intricately painted to look like a ship's steering wheel, set against a sea-blue background. Remarkably detailed. But before you can marvel at this, a member of the Hatchery staff ushers you over- your new Pokémon is deemed to be in perfect health, and you're welcome to get to know the little guy now.

ShadowDRGN: Geodude♂ (Alolan Form) hatched from the Egg!
Old 07-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #2358
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
As you enter the Hatchery, you are greeted with a most unusual sight, one that might even elicit some concern at first- you see a Goldeen flopping and flailing about on the floor, a fish out of water in the most literal sense. However, closer inspection reveals that this Goldeen is hardly floundering helplessly, but rather purposefully and determinedly bounding towards you. He circles around you, before bounding towards the back room. "Goldeen Goldeen Goldeen!" he exclaims insistently. Well. You had better follow him, then, hadn't you?

For a fish out of water, that Goldeen sure can move! It's all you can do to keep up with the impatient fish, but soon enough, there you are. You see the Goldeen getting scooped up by who looks to be a real, live pirate, chuckling sheepishly as he sets the Water-type into a nearby tank. "Arrgh, Goldeen here be a handful and then some," he remarks as he approaches you. "Tom Maelstrom McPhione at yer service. No need to explain why yer here- yer Egg be about ready to hatch." Indeed, the Birthday Egg you brought in is already pulsing with light, and the sight prompts Hatchery staff, regulars and volunteers alike, to hasten to get everything ready. And ready things are by the time the glow gets too intense to look at directly... and then, suddenly, the glow is gone. In its place stands a small aquatic creature, the sight of which prompts Tom to readily assist the Hatchery staff in examining. As he does so, you can overhear snippets of the old sea dog recounting a tale of a previous encounter with this type of Pokémon on a voyage that took him to the shores of the Galar region. Before long, however, you're cleared to go and meet your new friend.

ShadowDRGN: Sobble♂ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Fell Stinger! Point well taken!

Not long after you and Sobble get acquainted, however, Tom approaches you. "Arrgh, methinks this ain't the only reason ye be here, aye?" he stated. "We knows ye gots another Egg due to hatch, and it be due to hatch soon by me reckonin'. This way," he invites you. It isn't far- just over to another area of the room. Another Egg sits, pulsing gently with light, but it isn't long before the glow gets brighter, growing steadily brighter still. And as with Sobble's Egg, this Egg too glows so brightly that it's no longer advisable to look at it... and then, with another pulse of energy, the glow fades. And this time, Tom lets the regular Hatchery staff look over the newborn, with no tales to regale them with, no wisdom on this species to impart.

"Yarr, now that there, I ain't know much about," Tom admitted. "Can't even say as I knew they came in such a form as that. And mind ye, I've made port all across Alola, so when they told me what be due to hatch from this, thought good and well fer a moment they was fixin' to pull a fast one on ol' Tom." He chortled heartily after this. "Arrgh, ended up apologizin' to 'em but good once I had me a good look at me Pokédex," he added, producing said device- the casing looked a nice imitation of wood grain. A Hoenn model, with the little wheel on the side, and on Tom's that wheel was intricately painted to look like a ship's steering wheel, set against a sea-blue background. Remarkably detailed. But before you can marvel at this, a member of the Hatchery staff ushers you over- your new Pokémon is deemed to be in perfect health, and you're welcome to get to know the little guy now.

ShadowDRGN: Geodude♂ (Alolan Form) hatched from the Egg!
Picking up both in Basic Balls
Old 07-25-2022, 03:19 PM   #2359
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Birthday Egg pls

Old 07-25-2022, 03:36 PM   #2360
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Typically, when an Egg was brought into the Hatchery, it was kept on the premises for a week, carefully examined, and then the Trainer would return for when it finally hatched. But Eggs distributed as birthday presents were decidedly different- these generous gifts seem to come pre-incubated, ready to hatch on the spot. Thus, when one is brought into the Hatchery, the staff knows good and well that action is to be taken immediately. This is one of the first things they impress upon any volunteers among the staff as well.

So it should come as no surprise that as you enter the Hatchery, an Egg in hand already set to hatch, that the staff is upon you at once, including a small girl with a Natu on her shoulder. The Natu peers unblinkingly at the Egg, expression utterly inscrutable, though it chirps occasionally, muttering to the girl it rides upon. Strangely, it seems as though she can understand what her Natu is saying, and she gives you a reassuring smile. "Search here says the Pokémon inside is doing just fine," she tells you. "Though I hope you don't mind if the staff examine it anyway. They like to make sure of these things through their own methods." She does not seem to take offense at her Natu's diagnosis not being taken at face value, and goes with them to examine the Egg once you all arrive in the back room.

Finally, they nod their satisfaction, one of the staff members beckoning you forward. Your Egg is aglow with a pulsing energy. A glow that intensifies as the minutes tick by. It gets brighter and brighter, until you're finally forced to look away... and then it's done, just like that. You behold a rather impressive incendiary insect where once sat an Egg, and the staff once again converge upon it to ensure what Terri Alph and her Natu already knew to be the case- that it hatched happy and healthy. And sure enough, they are satisfied that Search was correct, and allow you to go and meet your newest Pokémon.

Zelphon: Larvesta♀ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Magnet Rise! The sky's the limit with this one!
  • It also knows the Egg move Zen Headbutt! Talk about using your head!
Old 07-25-2022, 05:39 PM   #2361
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Picking up a Psychic Egg with Breeding Slot 3/6. Thanks, and see y'all in a week...
Old 07-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #2362
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
And I hereby drop off my Female Sceptile to breed with Stargazer's Male Nidoran so he gets a baby for Stargazer to keep!

: A first timer, hm? Don't worry, I'll let you lead so it's at your pace, just... careful with those barbs, okay?

Name: Nissa
Species: Sceptile
Level: 36
Current Location: Inactive
Ability: Overgrow (Grass-type moves gain a 50% boost to power when health is below 33%)
Nature: Hasty (+Spd, -Def, likes Sweet, hates Sour)
Held Item: None
Bond: 30
Contest Stats: Beauty 60/Cool 60/Cute 60/Smart 60/Tough 60
Current Movepool: Pound, Leer, Absorb, Quick Attack, Mega Drain, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Giga Drain*, Screech, Leaf Blade, Agility, Slam, Dual Chop, False Swipe, X-Scissor, X-Scissor, Energy Ball, Detect*, Quick Guard*, Assurance*, Double Team*, Leaf Storm, Night Slash, {Cut}, {Strength}, {Rock Smash}, {Flash}, (Grassy Terrain), {Acrobatics}, (Double Kick), {Nature Power}, (Dragon Breath), {Power-Up Punch}, Gummi Bomb (Custom), Guardian Terrain (Custom), Grass Pledge (Advanced), (Grass Whistle), {Bullet Seed}, {Round}, (Leech Seed), {Low Sweep}, (Magical Leaf), {Hidden Power}, (Slash), {Fling}
Moves Missed: Endeavor ( Lv. 45)
Lizard time!
Old 07-28-2022, 08:41 PM   #2363
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Lizard time!
As you enter the Hatchery, you are met with a mesmerizing sight- what has to be the world's most adorable Ivysaur standing in the waiting area. Upon spotting you, her eyes light up- it seems she was expecting you. Extending a vine, she beckons you to follow her, and, well, you may as well, right?

You get to the back room, where the Egg sits not far from the proud parents. Hatchery staff are working hard to ensure everything looks OK, and from the murmuring and nodding going on, it seems as though all is indeed well. The Ivysaur that led you here now stands beside none other than Keith Masters, who nods and smiles, petting the insanely cute Grass and Poison-type. "Yeah, everything's looking good so far. The Egg should be ready to hatch any minute now- oh, yeah, yep, as if on cue," he added with a chuckle as the Egg began to emit a pulsing light. Dim at first, but growing steadily brighter, until you no longer feel it's safe to keep looking. By that point, there is a sudden release of energy, and the glow is gone, revealing a small lizard creature. Once more, the Hatchery staff, plus the volunteer of the day, all hasten to confirm that the newborn is healthy, and before long, it is indeed confirmed, and you are clear to approach your newest Pokémon yourself.

Stargazer: Treecko♀ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Double Kick! We added 100% more kick than your average kicking attack, just for kicks!
Old 07-29-2022, 02:14 PM   #2364
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
As you enter the Hatchery, you are met with a mesmerizing sight- what has to be the world's most adorable Ivysaur standing in the waiting area. Upon spotting you, her eyes light up- it seems she was expecting you. Extending a vine, she beckons you to follow her, and, well, you may as well, right?

You get to the back room, where the Egg sits not far from the proud parents. Hatchery staff are working hard to ensure everything looks OK, and from the murmuring and nodding going on, it seems as though all is indeed well. The Ivysaur that led you here now stands beside none other than Keith Masters, who nods and smiles, petting the insanely cute Grass and Poison-type. "Yeah, everything's looking good so far. The Egg should be ready to hatch any minute now- oh, yeah, yep, as if on cue," he added with a chuckle as the Egg began to emit a pulsing light. Dim at first, but growing steadily brighter, until you no longer feel it's safe to keep looking. By that point, there is a sudden release of energy, and the glow is gone, revealing a small lizard creature. Once more, the Hatchery staff, plus the volunteer of the day, all hasten to confirm that the newborn is healthy, and before long, it is indeed confirmed, and you are clear to approach your newest Pokémon yourself.

Stargazer: Treecko♀ hatched from the Egg!
  • It also knows the Egg move Double Kick! We added 100% more kick than your average kicking attack, just for kicks!
Oooh, it's perfect! Putting my new Treecko inside PokéBall 1/2, and Visionary Glade post coming right up!

Also picking up Breaker from this non-canon endeavor... ^^" Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2022, 08:30 PM   #2365
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Dropping off my 235 FC Rank 1 claim Enigma Egg for incubation.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:40 PM   #2366
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Oooh, it's perfect! Putting my new Treecko inside PokéBall 1/2, and Visionary Glade post coming right up!

Also picking up Breaker from this non-canon endeavor... ^^" Thanks again!
Welcome back, Nissa, and have fun with the Treecko, Stargazer~
Old 07-30-2022, 09:53 PM   #2367
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Dropping off Eon the female Shiny Eevee to breed with Marion's male Nickit for a 100% grade-A, farm fresh, guaranteed non-canon breed. OK, good, emphasizing the non-canonical nature of the breed did indeed get the sound of Cyanide's snarling in my head to quiet down. Anyways, Eon's stats are as follows;

Quote:
Eon
Species: Eevee (Shiny; )
Level: 28
Type: Normal
Attacks: Covet, Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Tickle, Last Resort, Flamethrower, Water Pulse, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Seed Bomb, Ice Beam, Mega Kick, Psychic, Gunk Shot, Dazzling Gleam, Scald, Dragon Pulse, Sand Attack, Hyper Beam, Baby-Doll Eyes, Swift, Synchronoise, Acrobatics, Camouflage, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Bite, Bouncy Bubble, Buzzy Buzz, Sizzly Slide, Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad, Sappy Seed, Freezy Frost, Sparkly Swirl, Veevee Volley, Double Kick, Electric Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Bite, Body Slam, Pollen Puff, Stomping Tantrum, Terrain Pulse, Refresh, Take Down, Snore, Psychic Fangs, Gummi Bomb (Dark), Guardian Terrain, Defensive Shield, Floaty Fall, Shadow Break, Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball, Conversion, Mimic, Double-Edge, Laser Focus, Hurricane.
Usable Z-Moves: Subzero Slammer, Acid Downpour, Never-Ending Nightmare.
Next attack learned: Charm (lv. 29)
Evolution:
Nature: Naive
Ability: Adaptability
Bond: 30
Cute stat: 50
Beauty stat: 50
Tough stat: 50
Smart stat: 50
Cool stat: 50
Obtained: Hatchery
Bio:
Eon is the daughter of Cyanide and Pom. Kindhearted, though extraordinarily ambitious, perhaps due in part to her being Shiny, and thus extraordinary and unique from the very beginning. Faced with immense indecisiveness when presented the subject of evolution, she decided that merely picking one Eeveelution would not fit her style. Rather, she wished to make all of their powers her own. She has made it her goal to surpass all Eeveelutions in terms of power and versatility. Rather than evolve, she insists on gaining all this power in her current form. She can frequently be seen training with her mother, whom she admires and looks up to very much. Of course, having Cyanide for her mother, she has picked up a bit of her sassiness, and can be perhaps a bit too honest when talking to others, sometimes resulting in unintentionally hurt feelings. Eon is intensely loyal to her Trainer, knowing that Keith can help her achieve the lofty heights she aspires to. And the belly rubs don't exactly hurt his case, either.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:20 PM   #2368
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Dropping off Eon the female Shiny Eevee to breed with Marion's male Nickit for a 100% grade-A, farm fresh, guaranteed non-canon breed. OK, good, emphasizing the non-canonical nature of the breed did indeed get the sound of Cyanide's snarling in my head to quiet down. Anyways, Eon's stats are as follows;
Dropping off Roseo the male Nickit for a certified-organic, non-GMO, gluten and nut-free, guaranteed non-canon breed (1/2). It isn't just Cyanide who'd be snarling up a storm; little Calla would be none too happy with her partner-in-crime running off with some other gal, so that's double the motivation!

Roseo's stats as follows:

Quote:
(in Luxury Ball)
Name: Roseo
Level: 20
Held item: None
Nature:
Ability:
Attacks: Quick Guard, Torment, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Beat Up, Hone Claws, Snarl, Assurance, Nasty Plot, Howl, Play Rough
Contest Stats: +10 all
Bond: 12
Birthday: November 18th
Obtained at the Hatchery.
I will be keeping the egg with breeding slot 4/6. Also paying $1000 to guarantee a female baby.

Much appreciated!!!
Old 07-31-2022, 08:38 PM   #2369
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Picking up a Psychic Egg with Breeding Slot 3/6. Thanks, and see y'all in a week...
Let's see what's inside, ohohohohohoho~

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Old 07-31-2022, 11:47 PM   #2370
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Let's see what's inside, ohohohohohoho~
To many, if not most, the sight of a Runerigus approaching might be a tad... intimidating. If not outright frightening. The one that greets you as you enter the Hatchery, however, seems to be actively trying to avoid coming off in such a manner. She bows to you, her demeanor suggesting she would be giving a friendly smile if she possessed any manner of visible mouth, then begins to make her way towards the back room, beckoning for you to follow with a shadowy claw. Whether you follow eagerly or hesitantly or somewhere in between, that's your call to make, but you follow her one way or the other, because you know she's leading you where you gotta go, so... I mean, you might as well, right?

And indeed, following the Runerigus is the call to make, for she leads you right into the back room, where your Egg awaits, already pulsing with light. The Runerigus comes to rest beside one Terri Alph, the one Sludge Wave Coast resident volunteering at the Hatchery today, who greets you with a warm yet mysterious smile. "The Egg has been glowing for a little while now," she says. "But the glow hasn't been intensifying as it usually does. Not until just now. Almost as though whatever is inside was waiting patiently for you to get here."

And indeed, now that you look again, the glow emanating from the Egg has started to get brighter and brighter. Slowly but surely, until it's so bright you can't even look directly at the Egg anymore... and then, with a final burst of energy, it is done, and you see the newborn standing where once sat its Egg, saluting you in greeting. It stands in place, waiting patiently as Hatchery staff converge upon it to confirm its good health. And once they are convinced of such, they back away, allowing you the chance to meet your newest Pokémon for the first time.

Marion Ette: Wobbuffet♀ hatched from the Egg!
Old 08-02-2022, 04:04 PM   #2371
myahoo
Soul Badge

Dropping off my female Galarian Ponyta to breed with Stargazer's male Nidoran. They keep the egg.

Spoiler: show

Held Item: None
Pokeball:
Birthday: December 13
Nickname: Mirage
Level: 26
Origin: The Galarian Invaders! Galar Release Event: Flowerbed Gardens
Type: Psychic
Ability: Pastel Veil
Nature: -
Bond: 24
Contest Stats: 20/20/20/20/20
Evolution Line: -Lv. 40->
Level-Up Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip[5], Confusion[10], Fairy Wind[15], Agility[20], Psybeam[25], Stomp[30], Heal Pulse[35], Take Down[41], Dazzling Gleam[45], Psychic[50], Healing Wish[55]
HM Moves: -
TM/TR Moves: Future Sight, Horn Drill, Megahorn, Smart Strike, High Horsepower
Egg Moves: Horn Drill, Morning Sun
Move Tutor Moves: Expanding Force
Additional Moves: -
Other: -

RP:
Spoiler: show
"Mirage?"

The Galarian Ponyta struggled a moment longer, digging her hooves in as she tried to overpower Scyther, before movement in her peripherals prompted her to disengage. Zephyr shot past a moment later, Razor Winds trailing in her wake. Mirage darted backwards, regrouping with Tempest who'd more easily gotten away from Petilil, and watched their teammates as the three-way spar slowed to a stop.

After several moments of stillness, everyone relaxed and she turned to Melissa. "Hi! What's up?"

Their trainer trotted over to the pair as Vine and Zephyr nodded at Melissa before disappearing into the forest to track down where some of the others had gone. Scyther and Petilil waved as they also left, giving the three of them space.

"Got a message from another Trainer," Melissa said as she dropped to sit cross-legged in front of them. "They're interested in arranging a trip to the Hatchery between you and their male Nidoran. Figured I'd bring it to you, for obvious reasons." She shrugged.

Mirage blinked. "Uhhh..."

Melissa held up her hands. "No pressure! Whatever you decide's fine with me. Especially since I'm the one screening these now," she finished under her breath.

Mirage shifted her weight, glancing over at Tempest for the Ralts' opinion.

"As Melissa said, it is your decision," she said, resting one hand on the handle of her bokken. "And, I suppose, it does not hurt that Annabelle never tried her tricks on us."

Mirage considered that and conceded the point with a nod. Turning back to Melissa, she said, "Sure? Or, at least, I don't think I'd mind."

"You sure?" Mirage nodded. Melissa nodded back and tapped at her phone. "Alright. I'll let them know. And you should go get ready for two weeks away from home. I'll let you know when it'll happen as soon as I know, okay?"

"Alright," Mirage said as Melissa got up to head back into the Tower.

"You know, I figured she'd turn those offers down, but I suppose this is better than making plans without our input."

Tempest tapped her fingers against the bokken's handle. "I assumed part of the point of eavesdropping was to ensure no one knew you were there."

Vine landed lightly on the ground beside her, Zephyr perching on his head once he straightened up. "Well, sure, but where's the fun in that?" the Fletchling chirped. "Besides, how else do you keep up to date on what everyone's up to?"

"You could always ask?" Tempest pointed out dryly.

"Would you've told us?" Vine returned.

They turned to look at Mirage, who could only shrug.

"Exactly." Vine folded his arms and nodded.

"It's kinda fast, don'tcha think?" Zephyr asked, peering at Mirage. "You head over to Sludge Wave Coast once and now you're good with hooking up with a stranger?"

Mirage considered, tapping a back hoof thoughtfully. "It might be, a little, but I'm way less anxious about this than I was that. Besides, it's just one 'mon and you did it; how bad could it be?"

"Hey, as long as you come back more Zephyr than Sol, I'll take it," Vine said, a little darkly. Whoops; she hadn't meant to bring up bad memories for the Snivy.

"Back to the spar?" Mirage asked, not caring if she was being obvious about the change in subject.

Vine shook himself out of his thoughts and grinned. "We gotta go track Scyther and Petilil down, but hell yeah!"

Tempest swung herself onto Mirage's back as the Galarian Ponyta spun towards where Scyther and Petilil had turned the corner. "Race ya!"

"Hey!" Vine shouted, darting after them as Zephyr took off, laughing as they left him in their dust.

---

Also, trading a breeding slot for a Modern Flying egg.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:26 PM   #2372
Stargazer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, thank you! ^^

Dropping off my Male Nidoran (breeding 2 of 2) with the stats below to breed with myahoo's Female Galarian Ponyta! This time around, paying $1000 to ensure the offspring is a Female, and I keep the Egg!

Name: Breaker
Species: Nidoran ♂
Level: 21
Obtained: Adoption Center
Held item: None
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Double Kick, Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Leer, Peck, Poison Sting, Tackle
Contest Stats: 0
Bond: 2
Old 08-02-2022, 07:51 PM   #2373
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

You think that you're the man. I think, therefore I am.

Quote:
To many, if not most, the sight of a Runerigus approaching might be a tad... intimidating. If not outright frightening. The one that greets you as you enter the Hatchery, however, seems to be actively trying to avoid coming off in such a manner. She bows to you, her demeanor suggesting she would be giving a friendly smile if she possessed any manner of visible mouth, then begins to make her way towards the back room, beckoning for you to follow with a shadowy claw. Whether you follow eagerly or hesitantly or somewhere in between, that's your call to make, but you follow her one way or the other, because you know she's leading you where you gotta go, so... I mean, you might as well, right?

And indeed, following the Runerigus is the call to make, for she leads you right into the back room, where your Egg awaits, already pulsing with light. The Runerigus comes to rest beside one Terri Alph, the one Sludge Wave Coast resident volunteering at the Hatchery today, who greets you with a warm yet mysterious smile. "The Egg has been glowing for a little while now," she says. "But the glow hasn't been intensifying as it usually does. Not until just now. Almost as though whatever is inside was waiting patiently for you to get here."

And indeed, now that you look again, the glow emanating from the Egg has started to get brighter and brighter. Slowly but surely, until it's so bright you can't even look directly at the Egg anymore... and then, with a final burst of energy, it is done, and you see the newborn standing where once sat its Egg, saluting you in greeting. It stands in place, waiting patiently as Hatchery staff converge upon it to confirm its good health. And once they are convinced of such, they back away, allowing you the chance to meet your newest Pokémon for the first time.

Marion Ette: Wobbuffet♀ hatched from the Egg!
"...and I have you, my Oroitz."

The words, having only been freshly uttered mere hours before morning's light had dawned, violently bounced around the Honchkrow's mind, cracking against his skull with their impact. That they were intended to soothe, to comfort him... Well, the road to Hell was paved with good intentions, was it not? As for Oroitz, he felt like he had just earned a one-way ticket to visit the Devil himself.

That morning, Oroitz had been off like a shot, escaping from underneath the kimono-draped arm of his beloved Minerva the very moment that Sister Bia made her presence known. The very last thing he wanted was to be there when Sister Minerva heard the sordid details of that night at the Casino; arson she would forgive, and gambling, and flirting, and drinking...

If only he had stopped there. If only he had taken one less sip of Rusty Nail. If only he had kept his tongue - and his fists - in check...

Flying aimlessly through the bright sunlight, disoriented and sick, he cannot shake the feeling that he is being watched. Sure enough, sitting comfortably atop the Hatchery roof, her ghostly form only visible at certain angles in daylight's glare, her glowing, yellow eyes camouflaged by morning rays... The spirited, spectral fox known as Nadia.

Oroitz dives down to meet her, trying to conceal his delight upon finding this old friend of his. She did play a rather nasty trick on him, after all - pretending to be the Night Mother to convince Oroitz that he had been cursed - and it would simply not do to forgive her so easily.

"Hah! You're more observant than I thought," Nadia comments with a laugh, approaching Oroitz with a gleeful wave of her tail. "Out on the prowl for some early birds looking to catch your worm, Oroitz?"

"How dreadfully crass of you," Oroitz says with a pompous harrumph, making a real show of looking down on the Zorua-H with his deep, crimson eyes. This only causes the ghost fox to laugh all the harder.

"Really sobered up, eh? Bet you would have found that a lot funnier last night..." The Zorua grins mischievously for a moment, before her eyes narrow and her head lowers with disappointment. "I can still smell the scotch on your breath. What were you thinking???"

Oroitz's high-held, judgmental gaze immediately falters, much as he tries to maintain it. "Hmph, well... Well, perhaps none of this would have happened if a certain someone didn't think it would be funny to trick me into maintaining a human form, and watching me suffer. Do you think I would have behaved that way had I not been under such horrible duress?"

"No. No, I think it would have been worse." Nadia meets Oroitz's gaze, a relentless amber blaze staring down the bird's excuses. "I think you would have shown up at that Casino with the same bad attitude of yours, and the only difference would be that you would have won the fight against Bedivere."

"What manner of friend are you? You think that my victory would be worse?!?!" Oroitz flaps his wings in shock and offense, cawing loudly. The Zorua-H shakes her head.

"You were healed with a single spray of potion. How long do you think it took Bia to tend to Bedivere's wounds last night? And this was in a circumstance where he would have WON the fight. Gods, do you ever think?"

"I will have you know, Nadia, that I think entirely too much for my own good, thank you very much."

"Right. It isn't lack of thought, but lack of proper direction and focus. Apologies for misspeaking," Nadia corrects herself with a bit of an eyeroll.

"Well, seeing as you are the self-appointed Mistress of Well-Directed Thought," Oroitz snarls, "What should I be thinking about right now, hm? Please, enlighten me as to where my focus should be." Though the request is made snidely, Nadia can pick up the undercurrent... The lost bird, looking for direction. She sighs, and her smile softens somewhat, despite Oroitz's tone.

"Pulling a prank wasn't my only motivation, you know. The question I asked you that night... That question is still real, still valid, still relevant. What is it you want, Oroitz? You've flown to the crossroads, and you need to decide what path your life will take from here."

Oroitz flutters to the edge of the building to perch, his thoughts a disjointed mess. He tries to sort them - to provide a response to Nadia's question - but nothing comes. Nadia slinks up beside him patiently, giving him the time and silence he needs. As the pair sit, watching people and Pokémon go by in the early morning hours, a rather odd sight catches their attention... an egg, floating down the street. Oroitz immediately leaves his perch to fly after it, only to realize that the egg is letting itself into the Hatchery. With a silent nod to Nadia, the pair decide that this phenomenon is worth preparing for an investigation.

---

Nadia and Oroitz were not the types to be intimidated by ghosts, given the former being one of them and the latter being resistant to them. Of course, it certainly helps matters that this particular Runerigus seems quite friendly, and the pair of Pokémon who walked into the Hatchery match her politeness with bows of their own. Oroitz opens his beak to ask a question, but Nadia gives him a look, and he immediately closes it - the fox is not unkind in her glance, but there is an inexplicable sense - a shared intuition - that the mysterious egg they caught sight of had shown itself to them intentionally. There was nothing to ask, nothing to say... There was only one path ahead, and they would follow it without hesitation.

For Nadia, the path leads to a familiar face, indeed - she grins widely at the sight of Terri, and greets her enthusiastically, hoping Terri will recognize her by her voice. Oroitz regards this greeting with a raised eyebrow. He had his opinions about Terri Alph, as he did about much of Sludge Wave Coast, but he certainly was not about to voice them, particularly with Nadia looking so genuinely happy to see her. He takes a step back, waiting in the shadows, while Terri informs Nadia that the egg seems to have been patiently waiting for her... Yet, as the lady Wobbuffet bursts forth into the world, though her apparent gaze seems to fall upon Nadia, the white, eerie eyes upon her tail - her true gaze - was focused squarely on Oroitz.

The mouth of the thing said Wob...wob...wob... meaningless. Inflated, empty utterances of hot air. Yet, deep within Oroitz's mind... Deep, where not even words themselves reach, but the baser, more intrinsic language of the heart... He heard a voice with no mouth.

Without a word, Oroitz flew out of the Hatchery, only to return some time later to the bewildered group in his previously reviled human form, Pokéball in hand.

"Thank you for your patience," he says, bowing to the Wobbuffet's tail. "You and Nadia... Come with me."

"Where are we going?" Nadia asks, prancing along with curiosity.

"We're going to get what I want," Oroitz growls, and with a motion of his hand, the pair of female Pokémon follow him out the door with matching, mysterious smiles.

---

Claiming Lv.1 Female Wobbuffet in a regular Pokéball. Thanks, MM!!!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Last edited by Marion Ette; 08-02-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #2374
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Dropping off my 235 FC Rank 1 claim Enigma Egg for incubation.
Time to hatch this thing!
Old 08-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #2375
Sneaze
Mrow?

Missingno. Master: You have hatched a male Fizzytopian Trubbish with EM Tearful Look!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records