UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 08-18-2022, 12:08 AM   #226
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
akwillbe-

You ask your Porygon if this planet was their homeworld. The Pokemon buzzes for a second before you get a nod in response. Soon, they are replaced with a stream of binary code as data analysis pops up on the screen. From the looks of it, a rundown of the world you had landed on.

[Planet Name: PokeEarth
Continental Region Name: Fizzytopia
Regional Area: Mystical Realm, formally known as Arcane Realm.
Regional Sub-area: Desert of Stars; Starshard Fields.
Dialect Spoken: Common Modern Unown Dialect
Population Makeup: 40% Human, 40% Pokemon, 20% Sub-species
Alpha Species: Human
Air Quality: 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases; Breathable]

With the data in mind, it was obvious to admit that this place was easily suitable to explore without breathing apparatuses. Though, while you and your ship spent time looking into the local area, you hear a knock on the door. Cameras soon fire up, and you see a humanoid figure standing there and shouting at the doors.

"Hello!? Travelers? May we beseech you?" they shout, and you see a Pokemon at their side... From the looks of it, a Clefairy.

"Ugh, hope this isn't another ship full of Elgyem and Beheeyem. Oh, why did the tribe appoint us as the extraterrestrial communicators?" they then mutter to the star fairy, who just giggles in response.

What do you do?

Azalea read off the following information to Will through his pad:

Code:
[Planet Name: PokeEarth
Continental Region Name: Fizzytopia
Regional Area: Mystical Realm, formally known as Arcane Realm.
Regional Sub-area: Desert of Stars; Starshard Fields.
Dialect Spoken: Common Modern Unown Dialect
Population Makeup: 40% Human, 40% Pokemon, 20% Sub-species
Alpha Species: Human
Air Quality: 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases; Breathable]
"We landed on PokeEarth from planted earth travel 1000.00 lightyears to explore new planets and see what all out here, so as the knock on our ship cargo door as I look into the monitor and see the human figure and his unknown partner. So as the Captain of the ship I went down to the cargo bay and opened up the door to greet the duo and see how we interact."

"Hello, I'm captain Will and this is Azalea. We are from planet Earth about 1000.00 lightyears from here, looking to make new friends along the way through the galaxy."

"What is your name Sir? can I scan your partner or can you tell me more about him?
Azalea can you input information as he speaks into our logs?"

"I'm hopeful this interaction goes good for us and that they're peaceful and kind to us," Will thought.
AKWillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:40 AM   #227
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
THE MYSTICAL REALM
The City of Pentacles

A port city serving as the ruins of a high-tech, long-forgotten civilization. All that remains is a sky-reaching tower, destroyed by lightning as if it was the punishment for the people’s hubris. People from all walks of life, but most often those of certain... unsavory... paths make their home here. This place serves as the hub for Fizzytopia’s Underworld, and all areas of the region make sure they stay on this place’s good side. (Please Reply in Thistle)

The Clockwork District: The one nice place of town, where those of higher power make their living. A central square serves as the one safe place for travelers, being the entrance to the city from land and sea. Many archeologists and inventors live here, often coordinating forrays into the Tower and peddling for lost technology. Whether you’re looking for the newest gadget, the lore of lost civilizations, or just a safe spot in the Mystical Realm, this is your best bet.

Avalon strutted down the street humming a tune within his head, listening to Skitty Perry, Luca the Lucario on his left side and Mark I on his right side. He had decided to come to the Clockwork District because he got bored, his siblings were probably tearing apart the house looking for him but he didn't particularly care about that now. He wasn't Krelia who had a knack for getting in trouble when she wandered off by herself. He understood why his siblings panicked when he had before through within the past, in part due to his mischievous past when he left when he was 12... But also due to what had happened with Krelia during the Purity Wars.

Fizzytopia wasn't home, and he shouldn't have to worry about that here despite the 7 admins still on the loose from within this world. This area was said to be the safest spot within the district and also was overflowing with gadgets and lore galore. He was sure that if he wandered about he could find some kind of old gadget that his nerd siblings would be drooling over, if not he figured the Clockspire Tower would be a good place to learn about some of this world's past and give him some good information.

From the travel brochure too, it seemed as if you could get past the super extreme security system, supposedly a treasure trove of knowledge hidden within the tower. So there was always that if he grew bored with the town.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:04 PM   #228
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick Humans, yes, still call this "love"

Jaho-

Letting out your entire team, you give each of them individual orders. While you go over their instructions, you notice the shepherd boy produce a Dusk Ball from within his robes and sends out the Pokemon held within. A Herdier, whose Sand Rush quickly comes into effect as it darts across the sand. The dog starts to bark in greeting, before circling around to its trainer, waiting patiently by his side.

"Herdier and I will help where we spot holes in your strategy!" the boy tells you, and waits with his crook in the sand.

Lumina starts to create a string shot, surprising the boy at hand. It was bizarre for a Fizzytopian Bulbasaur to be using the move, but no matter. The effectiveness of the move was what mattered, no more, no less. The little shiny pumpkin does her best to try and reach each boulder and manages to create a webbing any proper bug-type would be satisfied by after a few minutes.

Once her first job was done, the Bulbasaur lays flat on the sand to take a small breather as your Maractus then moves towards the center of the net. He shakes his hands, creating cotton spores to stick to the middle of the netting. This creates an artificial slingshot, though the sticky properties of the spores may prove an issue later.

Lumina at this point gets back up and goes to dust the pile of Wooloo with a sleep powder. The bleating sheep soon start to fall asleep, though for how long would be another question in its entirety. While this is happening, your Gurrdurr has made her way to the top of the hill and bulks up ready to catch the sheep as they are launched up.

Ovata soon gets into his position, and ingrains into the arid desert. His roots push back the stardust into the hard ground below and braces himself. It was up to him to make sure things were properly launched. Though, the shepherd boy soon comes over and offers his own advice.

"We need some padding, or the Wooloo will get stuck," he says, pointing to the netting. You can see sand has already started to stick to the cotton spores, and some build-up on the netting as well.

The boy then gets an idea and removes the cape around his shoulders. He then places it on top of the cotton spore, and you see the fabric stick. That should be enough padding, and with a nod, the two of you soon start to unroll the first Wooloo onto the mechanism.

You see his Herdier giving your Maractus a Helping Hand in order to realign and posture, and watch as the first Wooloo sails through the sky towards Ulin. The process goes without a hitch, each part of the mechanism operating as expected. Soon, you manage to get the entire flock back up the hill, and you see the Herdier run up towards the hill and barks at the sheep.

For successfully getting the Wooloo up the hill, Lumina, Ovata, and Ulin all gain two levels

"Thank you for helping me," the boy states to you, before going up the hill himself. "I don't have much on me, but I'm sure my parents can give you something for your troubles. Though, you don't need to come if you don't want to," he offers.

How do you respond?

akwillbe-

Assessing the data you've been given, you then reach out to the visitor at your door. Though, you do make some assumptions o n your visitor in the process, and you can tell that it did not go well on doing so.

"Excuse me, but I am not a Sir, nor a Ma'am. You can call me a Seer or an Oracle," they state. "I am one of the Seers of the Tribe native to these sands, and was sent to investigate your vessel."

They then shift beneath their robes, your crew able to get a clearer view of them. You can see they are wearing intricate robes from head to toe, adorned with the various constellations of the northern skies. You can spot a medallion with the constellation of Draco, with the constellation filled in with an image of the Dragon-type Dragonair.

"You may call me Seer Draco. I am the appointed of Draco. While my current companion is a Clefairy, she is not the only Pokemon I have with me.We are in charge of the north. If you wish for an analysis of her, you may... if you can win in a battle against her. Traveler from an alternate Earth, I hereby challenge you!" they shout, obviously not happy with the transgretions that you have stated against them.

How do you respond?

Prof.Enigma-

"Oh holy sword, guide me to the land of the fey. Guide me to the garden of Avalon, and keep me forever in paradise"

Having snuck out of the house, you have found your way to the City of Pentacles, the City of Rouges, the Clockwork Town. This place goes by many names, and holds many facets and faces. Whatever you see here, whatever you do here... someone is watching you. There are few safe places within the city, even in the quiet Clockwork District. The 24th Arcana, Charity's Embrace, is one such establishment. And as you enter the main square, you can see a gigantic line out the door.

Though, one such as yourself didn't sneak out of a house and clear across multiple landmasses to get a simple bite to eat. You were here for entertainment. To see the sights, and see if you can pick something up for your siblings. Something that might lesson your punishment once you return to your abode.

Your Lucario suddenly stops you, and you could see why. TO your right was a peculiar shop, the outside adorned with ancient copper cogs. All sorts of contraptions could be seen through the window, but your Pokemon seems to have sensed something there. With how potent a Lucario's ability to read aura was, something certainly interesting would be abound in the shop. And from the looks of it, it certainly was a shop selling relics from the tower. It was at least a lead, if you found nothing else here.

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:00 PM   #229
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jaho-

Letting out your entire team, you give each of them individual orders. While you go over their instructions, you notice the shepherd boy produce a Dusk Ball from within his robes and sends out the Pokemon held within. A Herdier, whose Sand Rush quickly comes into effect as it darts across the sand. The dog starts to bark in greeting, before circling around to its trainer, waiting patiently by his side.

"Herdier and I will help where we spot holes in your strategy!" the boy tells you, and waits with his crook in the sand.

Lumina starts to create a string shot, surprising the boy at hand. It was bizarre for a Fizzytopian Bulbasaur to be using the move, but no matter. The effectiveness of the move was what mattered, no more, no less. The little shiny pumpkin does her best to try and reach each boulder and manages to create a webbing any proper bug-type would be satisfied by after a few minutes.

Once her first job was done, the Bulbasaur lays flat on the sand to take a small breather as your Maractus then moves towards the center of the net. He shakes his hands, creating cotton spores to stick to the middle of the netting. This creates an artificial slingshot, though the sticky properties of the spores may prove an issue later.

Lumina at this point gets back up and goes to dust the pile of Wooloo with a sleep powder. The bleating sheep soon start to fall asleep, though for how long would be another question in its entirety. While this is happening, your Gurrdurr has made her way to the top of the hill and bulks up ready to catch the sheep as they are launched up.

Ovata soon gets into his position, and ingrains into the arid desert. His roots push back the stardust into the hard ground below and braces himself. It was up to him to make sure things were properly launched. Though, the shepherd boy soon comes over and offers his own advice.

"We need some padding, or the Wooloo will get stuck," he says, pointing to the netting. You can see sand has already started to stick to the cotton spores, and some build-up on the netting as well.

The boy then gets an idea and removes the cape around his shoulders. He then places it on top of the cotton spore, and you see the fabric stick. That should be enough padding, and with a nod, the two of you soon start to unroll the first Wooloo onto the mechanism.

You see his Herdier giving your Maractus a Helping Hand in order to realign and posture, and watch as the first Wooloo sails through the sky towards Ulin. The process goes without a hitch, each part of the mechanism operating as expected. Soon, you manage to get the entire flock back up the hill, and you see the Herdier run up towards the hill and barks at the sheep.

For successfully getting the Wooloo up the hill, Lumina, Ovata, and Ulin all gain two levels

"Thank you for helping me," the boy states to you, before going up the hill himself. "I don't have much on me, but I'm sure my parents can give you something for your troubles. Though, you don't need to come if you don't want to," he offers.

How do you respond?

After recalling his pokemon Bobert follows the young shepherd up the hill. "I don't mind wandering around with you for a bit. I don't have much else going on. Besides, it's probably for the best we make sure the Wooloo don't go tumbling away again." Robert replies. "The Mareep back on my family farm has a tendency to wander away often, especially if unwatched."
Old 08-28-2022, 10:03 AM   #230
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick At least we can swing far away from the wreck we made

Jaho-

While the boy was grateful for your offer to help, your words intrigued him. Mareep, while also a fine source of wool, were often temperamental. Either on purpose or accidentally due to the electricity that flowed through them. Famous ranches such as the Unova region's Floccessy Ranch were well known for their Mareep wool, but also offered courses on how to best rear those sheep.

"So, you are also a shepherd?" the boy asks of you, before shaking his head.

"No, you don't have that certain... aspect. Farms aren't something we have in the desert, so excuse me if I am unfamiliar with them as a whole. A farmer...
practicing agriculture as a whole instead of just ranching or gardening," he starts to muse, though those thoughts are also meant for your ears. "That is the general idea, right?"

He listens to your answer as he guides you through the desert, taking in your words. Though, before he can respond, his Herdier barks. On the horizon, you see a small commune of various white-clothed shelters. Not quite tents, but also not yurts. Something unique to these people, and their way of life. You can see a small pen with an open door, and the dog leads the sheep back into it.

"Welcome to my tribe's home. We've been here for about... two lunar cycles now. The skies are soon starting to change, though, so we will most likely move soon. Pack everything up on our backs, and move to a spot to better observe the skies. How it's been my entire life," Jeritza then explains, before walking up to the structure connected to the Wooloo pen.

He soon returns, holding a pouch of some kind. He opens it up, revealing a shiny Star Piece. Pink in color, and certainly something found within the pink sands here. He presents it to you as if a reward for your hard work with the Pokemon.

"Here is my payment for your services. Modern coin often changes, so we use these as currency. Much better than not knowing one day if people are trading in Rare Candies, coinage, or paper currency," he chuckles.

You have obtained x1 Star Piece

At this point, you could see the sun was soon starting to set. Your acquaintance soon bows, and then runs over to the Wooloo pen and hops over the fence. He still had duties to attend to after all, though you felt the offer of dinner still stood. Yet, there was an entire temporary, nomadic village to explore! Though, you could always just stay and help more.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-31-2022, 05:26 PM   #231
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
The Kingdom of Swords

Once a vast empire ruled by a beloved Emperor and Empress, it has now been reduced to a Kingdom from the machinations of the Mad “God”-Emperor. Now, this place serves as a historical castle town, where relics of the history of safely stored within the beautiful castle by the current Monarch. A place of faith, artistry, and honor; all are welcome to join to marvel at the beauty of the past. Please respond in RoyalBlue

Castle Joyeuse: The castle overlooking the town, where the many knights, courtesans, and historians spent their days ruling and continuing traditions. The courtyard features an immaculate rose garden, a training area, and a small pond for people to rest. The halls are decorated with relics from ages past, showing the history of the Kingdom of Swords and those who have called it home. Regardless of your reason to wander these halls, there is always something someone needs help with.
“Oh, fascinant! I can see where they took influence from contemporary Kalosian architecture...”

Such mutterings fill the halls of Castle Joyeuse as Manuel roams between the different chambers, camera in-hand. Everywhere he looks, he finds furnishings with all sorts of storied origins—gifts of goodwill from Galarian nobility, textiles sourced from the twilight years of Kantonian dynasties, paintings that were produced from steamy royal affairs, and that’s merely within a single room in this sprawling castle...

Had he the time and space, he’d photograph every inch of this castle and turn it into a virtual tour, but sadly he has to be a little more discerning with his shots than that. As his seniors keep reminding him, he needn’t be expected to produce a work of revolutionary journalism, merely snap some pretty pictures and weave a compelling narrative out of them.

Even so, he can’t help but feel like there’s more to this palace than just the image of an austere way of life for the most privileged few. Countless untold stories are entombed here, waiting for the right person to uncover them. Stories teetering on the brink of being erased from history... he feels a journalistic duty to save them from such a fate.

Marble floors with mirror-polished shine reflect his insatiably curious face back to him as he crouches down to get a depth shot of the commodious hallway before him. One of the main difficulties in photography is getting a camera lens to capture the sheer scale of the sights around them.

Ever the perfectionist, he spends quite some time adjusting the focal length and ISO, not to mention switching out his lenses as appropriate. As a result, he isn’t paying much attention to anything except the camera and the shot before him..

---

OOC: I’m looking for a short-to-moderate length adventure to introduce this character. I don’t mind slower-paced updates, as long as things move forward adequately with each post. I’m trying to make this adventure friendly to people who want to try updating for the first time (or haven’t updated in a while).

Manuel is a journalistic photographer, and interested in mysteries and any subject that would make for a good story. Though he is a Trainer and up for a battle, he usually tries to avoid fights unless he has an interest in capturing the action.
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:11 PM   #232
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

ShadowDRGN: Castle Joyeuse

As you stand taking pictures, engrossed in your work you hardly notice the person who approaches you from behind and attempts to get your attention, however, they are rather timid and are unable to properly speak up and end up quietly muttering before deciding to leave you be and rather follow you curious as to what it was you were attempting to ensnare within the passages of time with your camera.

She is a woman that seemed to be in her early twenties it appeared, slender with shoulder-length seafoam green hair, neatly braided and adorned with a windmill flower hairpin. Round glasses sit upon a freckled nose, enhancing the golden-speckled brown eyes that emanated warmth.

Atop her shoulder sat a bird pokemon, waiting rather patiently was a round bird, green in color with a yellow beak. It seemed to sigh as it ruffled its red feathers before smoothing them back down as it watched its owner... watch you as you go about your task. It stated its boredom before finally giving in and leaving its perch atop its trainers shoulder before landing atop of your camera. Giving you a reason to pause, and its trainer a reason to speak.

"Tsu'uts, get off of that person's camera, don't be rude!" the woman spoke quickly with a flustered face with hands raised to motion to grab her pokemon from its newly deemed perch, which it was careful to not touch anything you hadn't been touching with your hands. It was rather a smart bird.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #233
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Zelphon: Whispering Bog

"Smart youngin you are. Aye, I am looking for more with this fight, and you are correct.
All of the young folk these days are always out looking for better and better pokemon for all them fancy battles on the big screen, all the flashy battles. Not a single one that I have seen come through here actually has the nerves nor the sharp mind to actually know what it's like to truly battle. To be one with yer partner.

Do you have what it takes?" With that lengthy speech he drew out, the old knight spoke his peace for the time being.
Their Doublade then started to rub its cloth parts together, causing some static electricity before it seemed to apply it to itself causing some electromagnetism effect further enhancing its levitation capabilities.
Whilst the doublade applied its magnet rise, the pawniard had something far crueler in mind. Seemingly Snatching Naula's healing effects from Soft Boiled. Rendering any previous damage to it null.

Did this Knight want you to knock his pokemon out within one try? There really didn't seem like a lot of options for you to "win" this battle. Were you supposed to win outright with brute force? It seemed as if his words from earlier implied that you should seek out another way to win this battle with these odds against you. Surely he was trying to edge you a certain way to see if you had the steel to bite back so to speak.

What is your next move?
Old 10-10-2022, 10:45 PM   #234
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:

Prof.Enigma-

"Oh holy sword, guide me to the land of the fey. Guide me to the garden of Avalon, and keep me forever in paradise"

Having snuck out of the house, you have found your way to the City of Pentacles, the City of Rouges, the Clockwork Town. This place goes by many names, and holds many facets and faces. Whatever you see here, whatever you do here... someone is watching you. There are few safe places within the city, even in the quiet Clockwork District. The 24th Arcana, Charity's Embrace, is one such establishment. And as you enter the main square, you can see a gigantic line out the door.

Though, one such as yourself didn't sneak out of a house and clear across multiple landmasses to get a simple bite to eat. You were here for entertainment. To see the sights, and see if you can pick something up for your siblings. Something that might lesson your punishment once you return to your abode.

Your Lucario suddenly stops you, and you could see why. TO your right was a peculiar shop, the outside adorned with ancient copper cogs. All sorts of contraptions could be seen through the window, but your Pokemon seems to have sensed something there. With how potent a Lucario's ability to read aura was, something certainly interesting would be abound in the shop. And from the looks of it, it certainly was a shop selling relics from the tower. It was at least a lead, if you found nothing else here.

What do you do?

Luca suddenly stopped outside of a shop adorned with rather well-preserved copper cogs and other trinkets that could be seen within the window of the shop, but it was odd for Luca to suddenly pick up on something new. Avalon reached out with his mind and felt Luca's curiosity but couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that has his partner interested in the shop.

Well, time to go in and explore the shop and see what kind of trinkets he thought would lessen the verbal chewing he would receive when any of his three siblings decided to pull their heads up from the work they pitched themselves into. It wasn't rather that he wasn't allowed to leave, as this world wasn't like home. Avalon was glad about that. Home, he wouldn't have been able to toss a stone without getting blasted for it due to the shortstorm that was going on due to the aftermath of the wars. He knew why he wasn't allowed back home. It was due to him twice accidentally not being socially aware of what was going on and pissing off some of the higher-up officials attempting to form peace treaties and plan recovery for cities and areas affected by the battles that took place between Rebirth and Purity.

However, that was not here or now. Setting aside his memories of the past, he took the first step within the shop and began to search for the item that piqued his partner's interest. He also wondered if there was anything of interest he could use or keep as memorabilia.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 10-14-2022, 07:46 PM   #235
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jaho-

While the boy was grateful for your offer to help, your words intrigued him. Mareep, while also a fine source of wool, were often temperamental. Either on purpose or accidentally due to the electricity that flowed through them. Famous ranches such as the Unova region's Floccessy Ranch were well known for their Mareep wool, but also offered courses on how to best rear those sheep.

"So, you are also a shepherd?" the boy asks of you, before shaking his head.

"No, you don't have that certain... aspect. Farms aren't something we have in the desert, so excuse me if I am unfamiliar with them as a whole. A farmer...
practicing agriculture as a whole instead of just ranching or gardening," he starts to muse, though those thoughts are also meant for your ears. "That is the general idea, right?"

He listens to your answer as he guides you through the desert, taking in your words. Though, before he can respond, his Herdier barks. On the horizon, you see a small commune of various white-clothed shelters. Not quite tents, but also not yurts. Something unique to these people, and their way of life. You can see a small pen with an open door, and the dog leads the sheep back into it.

"Welcome to my tribe's home. We've been here for about... two lunar cycles now. The skies are soon starting to change, though, so we will most likely move soon. Pack everything up on our backs, and move to a spot to better observe the skies. How it's been my entire life," Jeritza then explains, before walking up to the structure connected to the Wooloo pen.

He soon returns, holding a pouch of some kind. He opens it up, revealing a shiny Star Piece. Pink in color, and certainly something found within the pink sands here. He presents it to you as if a reward for your hard work with the Pokemon.

"Here is my payment for your services. Modern coin often changes, so we use these as currency. Much better than not knowing one day if people are trading in Rare Candies, coinage, or paper currency," he chuckles.

You have obtained x1 Star Piece

At this point, you could see the sun was soon starting to set. Your acquaintance soon bows, and then runs over to the Wooloo pen and hops over the fence. He still had duties to attend to after all, though you felt the offer of dinner still stood. Yet, there was an entire temporary, nomadic village to explore! Though, you could always just stay and help more.

What do you do?

Bobert, not wanting to intrude opts to explore the nomadic encampment.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #236
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Memories that made those days sublime

Enigma-

Entering the shop, you see all sorts of trinkets and knickknacks. Goggles, trenchcoats, and top hats are all based on the self-same gears adorning the front. Clocks and clockwork jewelry. Additionally, devices that were recovered from the tower. The smell of steam permeated the air, and all sorts of gadgets and apparel adorned the store.

"Welcome to Steam Punks!" you heard the cashier yell out, and you could see the shop was filled with a large number of teenagers.

Ah great, a local teenage novelty shop. Yet, your Pokemon seemed steadfast that something was here. The Pokemon closed its eyes and walked with its palm forward. Following the trail of aura, you follow, noting things that could be bought as tribute. You then head through some bead curtains... and notice some more adult products.

The Lucario continues onward, unphased by what was surrounding the Pokemon. Luck for it, as you get to experience the full array of unique objects and liquids. Perhaps it's best to not get your siblings things from this section. Luckily, you manage to make it past it to a black door that very obviously reads "Employees Only." Your Pokemon, however, refuses to budge. Great. Perhaps if you asked nicely they'd allow you to go in? Or, at the very least, to get the Aura Pokemon standing in front of the door to budge.

What do you do?

Jahosafits-

Opting to not intrude on your new friend's abode, you instead go about exploring the nomadic village before you. Most of these were various huts, and living quarters, with a few public spaces. A sort of outdoor research station, with people running in and out, with a bunch of high-tech equipment. Books and charts lined the tables, with various adults pouring over the contents. None of them take notice of you, as they were more invested in their research than anything else.

Another seemed to be a medicinal hut. While you could tell that the people inside were trained in modern medicines, they were also apothecaries. Various desert herbs were being grown out front in pots, and you could see a Leavanny tending to the garden. A Pokemon you wouldn't expect to see in the desert, yet its leaves seemed specially adapted to this environment. It looks at you, and waves a bit, before returning to tending the garden.

The last public space was a large bonfire pit built in the middle of town. You could see various residents sitting near it, talking while children played. Seemed most other necessities were run out of people's homes. Everyone here did contribute, after all. So, it would make sense that only high-specific facilities would be public. Though, from the looks of it, everyone's hut was open to the tribe.

A few of the children then notice you and start to run over. They varied from all sorts of ages, from some much younger than you to a few that looked slightly older. Judging from the time of day, it made sense that studies would be over. So, it was time for social time.

"Ah, a traveler!" a young girl shouts.

"What's your name?" a slightly older boy asks.

"Are you a trainer?" an older girl asks of you.

You continue to get bombarded by questions, before an older woman notices. She stands up and heads over to the crowd of children, and shoos them to the side.

"Ah, excuse them. It is not often those from outside the tribe visit. My name is Porrima, and I tend to the children of the tribe. A teacher, if you will. If you wish to learn more about us or help around, I can direct you to the appropriate area," she smiles at you.

How do you respond?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 10-20-2022 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:49 PM   #237
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jahosafits-

Opting to not intrude on your new friend's abode, you instead go about exploring the nomadic village before you. Most of these were various huts, and living quarters, with a few public spaces. A sort of outdoor research station, with people running in and out, with a bunch of high-tech equipment. Books and charts lined the tables, with various adults pouring over the contents. None of them take notice of you, as they were more invested in their research than anything else.

Another seemed to be a medicinal hut. While you could tell that the people inside were trained in modern medicines, they were also apothecaries. Various desert herbs were being grown out front in pots, and you could see a Leavanny tending to the garden. A Pokemon you wouldn't expect to see in the desert, yet its leaves seemed specially adapted to this environment. It looks at you, and waves a bit, before returning to tending the garden.

The last public space was a large bonfire pit built in the middle of town. You could see various residents sitting near it, talking while children played. Seemed most other necessities were run out of people's homes. Everyone here did contribute, after all. So, it would make sense that only high-specific facilities would be public. Though, from the looks of it, everyone's hut was open to the tribe.

A few of the children then notice you and start to run over. They varied from all sorts of ages, from some much younger than you to a few that looked slightly older. Judging from the time of day, it made sense that studies would be over. So, it was time for social time.

"Ah, a traveler!" a young girl shouts.

"What's your name?" a slightly older boy asks.

"Are you a trainer?" an older girl asks of you.

You continue to get bombarded by questions, before an older woman notices. She stands up and heads over to the crowd of children, and shoos them to the side.

"Ah, excuse them. It is not often those from outside the tribe visit. My name is Porrima, and I tend to the children of the tribe. A teacher, if you will. If you wish to learn more about us or help around, I can direct you to the appropriate area," she smiles at you.

How do you respond?

Bobert Greets Mrs.Porrima warmly, "How do you do, Madam Porrima. I am a wandering trainer and I wouldn't say no to learning a thing or to or helping out with a spell. I have been doing some training out in the desert up till a few hours ago. I got to say Nomads are surely different from farmers based on how things look... quite interesting stuff all in all." during the first section Bobert extends his hand for a firm handshake.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #238
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
ShadowDRGN: Castle Joyeuse

As you stand taking pictures, engrossed in your work you hardly notice the person who approaches you from behind and attempts to get your attention, however, they are rather timid and are unable to properly speak up and end up quietly muttering before deciding to leave you be and rather follow you curious as to what it was you were attempting to ensnare within the passages of time with your camera.

She is a woman that seemed to be in her early twenties it appeared, slender with shoulder-length seafoam green hair, neatly braided and adorned with a windmill flower hairpin. Round glasses sit upon a freckled nose, enhancing the golden-speckled brown eyes that emanated warmth.

Atop her shoulder sat a bird pokemon, waiting rather patiently was a round bird, green in color with a yellow beak. It seemed to sigh as it ruffled its red feathers before smoothing them back down as it watched its owner... watch you as you go about your task. It stated its boredom before finally giving in and leaving its perch atop its trainers shoulder before landing atop of your camera. Giving you a reason to pause, and its trainer a reason to speak.

"Tsu'uts, get off of that person's camera, don't be rude!" the woman spoke quickly with a flustered face with hands raised to motion to grab her pokemon from its newly deemed perch, which it was careful to not touch anything you hadn't been touching with your hands. It was rather a smart bird.
Manuel grumbles to himself in frustration the longer he sits there, adjusting his equipment. The scene through his viewfinder just isn’t aligning with the shot he’s devised in his head. He wishes to capture more of the ceiling, without pushing the mirror-polished floor and its reflection out-of-frame. Yet, the lens that could get him that wide an angle would also throw off the proportions he wants, too...

“Composite it is, then...” he concludes. It’s a straightforward technique—take a photo where more of the ceiling is visible, and then one where more of the floor is visible, and then stitch them together in an image editor until they form a single shot encompassing both!

That said, there’s a trick to it that makes it a bit harder to pull off. Both photos need to be similar enough that there won’t be an obvious seem. That type of precision isn’t possible, even with a steady hand, and so he’ll have to rely on a tripod to finely adjust only the vertical angle of the camera.

As he’s digging through his bag for his tripod, however, Manuel feels something land atop his camera. He glances up, only to be taken aback by the presence of a strange bird. A trainer’s voice swiftly confirms that this Natu is no wandering wild, at least.

“Calm, friend. They’re not doing any harm,” he replies to the timid woman, before turning back to Tsu’uts. The subtle sheen of those feathers, the way it sits serenely atop his thousand-dollar perch... He has half a mind to take out his other camera and get a macro shot of the moment, beofre it passses.

But, taking a photograph of someone else’s Pokemon without permission or due cause would go against his code of conduct. Instead, he very gently stands up, and carries the Natu over to its trainer.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to ignore you. I just get absorbed in my work easily,” he says, letting his camera hang from its strap after Natu returns to her, “my name is Manuel! I, uh, take it you were watching me because you’re interested in photography?”
Old 10-20-2022, 08:19 PM   #239
Lil'twick
Insanity

This place is just a ghost town

Jahosafits-

While extending your hand, you see the people before you look at you. Perhaps this was not something part of their customs? Or was there something else that they seemed wary about? Porrima looks at you and shakes her head.

"Young one, I must warn you to not do that here. That is an invitation for the other person to trace your fate," she states. "And for us, tracing fate is just as potent as tracing the stars. It becomes our mission, our lifeblood."

"Yet, there is some help we could use here. We'll be packing up in about a week's time, and heading out to another place on our maps. Year by year we can see the changes in a star's light and location. So we may understand what lies beyond our hunk of rock," she explains.

"So, if you wish to move some of our unneeded supplies into some crates, we'd appreciate it. Though, you could also tidy up the books in the research lab. Or, if you wish to socialize, these kids are around your age. It must be lonely on the road, yes?" she chuckles a little bit, her seriousness melting away with her suggestions.

Seems you had a few options given to you. You could fully devote yourself to one task, or spread yourself and your party thin to... possibly less than favorable results. The smell of fresh cooking was starting to waft through the village as well. So, once you were done, your charge would most likely be ready to house you for the night.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-20-2022, 08:41 PM   #240
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jahosafits-

While extending your hand, you see the people before you look at you. Perhaps this was not something part of their customs? Or was there something else that they seemed wary about? Porrima looks at you and shakes her head.

"Young one, I must warn you to not do that here. That is an invitation for the other person to trace your fate," she states. "And for us, tracing fate is just as potent as tracing the stars. It becomes our mission, our lifeblood."

"Yet, there is some help we could use here. We'll be packing up in about a week's time, and heading out to another place on our maps. Year by year we can see the changes in a star's light and location. So we may understand what lies beyond our hunk of rock," she explains.

"So, if you wish to move some of our unneeded supplies into some crates, we'd appreciate it. Though, you could also tidy up the books in the research lab. Or, if you wish to socialize, these kids are around your age. It must be lonely on the road, yes?" she chuckles a little bit, her seriousness melting away with her suggestions.

Seems you had a few options given to you. You could fully devote yourself to one task, or spread yourself and your party thin to... possibly less than favorable results. The smell of fresh cooking was starting to waft through the village as well. So, once you were done, your charge would most likely be ready to house you for the night.

What do you do?

Bobert, being a bit perplexed over the whole fate thing, fairly quickly brushes it aside so to speak, and ponders the tasks requested for a moment. "I personally am interested in the research section at least a little bit, but I don't mind spreading out a little bit." he pauses for a second before bringing out 2 of his pokemon Ulin and Phoenix. "if it is alright with your community here. why don't Phoenix(Impadimp) and Ulin(Gurdurr) *motion accordingly* here to help put away some items with some guidance while the rest of my team organizes some books? It'll give them some bonding and mentoring time between them."
Old 10-20-2022, 09:53 PM   #241
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Enigma-

Entering the shop, you see all sorts of trinkets and knickknacks. Goggles, trenchcoats, and top hats are all based on the self-same gears adorning the front. Clocks and clockwork jewelry. Additionally, devices that were recovered from the tower. The smell of steam permeated the air, and all sorts of gadgets and apparel adorned the store.

"Welcome to Steam Punks!" you heard the cashier yell out, and you could see the shop was filled with a large number of teenagers.

Ah great, a local teenage novelty shop. Yet, your Pokemon seemed steadfast that something was here. The Pokemon closed its eyes and walked with its palm forward. Following the trail of aura, you follow, noting things that could be bought as tribute. You then head through some bead curtains... and notice some more adult products.

The Lucario continues onward, unphased by what was surrounding the Pokemon. Luck for it, as you get to experience the full array of unique objects and liquids. Perhaps it's best to not get your siblings things from this section. Luckily, you manage to make it past it to a black door that very obviously reads "Employees Only." Your Pokemon, however, refuses to budge. Great. Perhaps if you asked nicely they'd allow you to go in? Or, at the very least, to get the Aura Pokemon standing in front of the door to budge.

What do you do?

Feck... Was this place some kind of steampunk Spencers? Avalon shuffled about the products looking for something that would tickle his sibling's minds were he to show up back with it. He contemplated several more Adult items but ultimately decided against them because while his older brother may appreciate his humor, it's doubtful that his other siblings would share the same thoughts.

Reaching the Employee only door, Avalon mulled his options for a brief moment. He could attempt to persuade one of the charming employees to let him in, or at the very least Luca, and have his partner let him in some alternative way. Or he could flat-out ask. Third, a less likely popular scenario was he made a bust-in and run for it. The downsides to that were that he could get thrown out and have an even less likely chance to get in with option three.

Personally, he voted for option one within his head, due to the fact that he wasn't too bad looking and he probably had a 30% chance of failing due to the unknown factor of if the cashier would swing his way. Despite his heterosexual nature he never really turned down the chance to make those of the same gender blush and enjoyed watching them blunder and fluster. His siblings called it him being rather cruel teasing those with a forbidden fruit but he didn't mind too much as he often found that 60% of the people he attempted to charm in this manner usually flirted back to ensure that there was a connection rather than simply falling for him right off the bat. In most situations, he would feign innocence to such a matter to avoid an uncomfortable talk.

He couldn't recall the cashier much other than hearing them welcome him in when he approached so he figured he would head back that way to the registers to try option 1 and possibly option 2. Leaving Luca behind Avalon quickly tussled his hair and put on a fresh coat of lipgloss before approaching the register from the side and batting his eyes at the cashier.
"Hey, Cutie, I could use some help here and be wondering if you'd be a pal and help a fella out"

Avalon concentrated to attempt to throw his voice in such a manner that it seemed to him to roll out sounding defined and chocolaty as his sibling Celyn said one day when he attempted to practice in private. Man he missed those days when he would pop in and out of home, hanging with who he deemed privately to be the best sibling out of the three he had. Xyre was always the one to call and check in on him no matter where he happened to be, making sure he was safe and always offering a helping hand if he was stuck in a sketchy situation more than his other siblings and parents had helped. In fact, if it wasn't for Celyn requesting his help he doubted he would even be here.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 10-23-2022, 05:32 PM   #242
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Take me away to a secret place

Jahosafits-

You send out your Impidimp and your Gurrdur, suggesting they could help move supplies into the crates. Porrima gives the Impidimp a look. It was an odd choice since the line was known for being pranksters. Even with a Pokemon such as Gurrdur being there, it might not end too well. Yet, it helped, and help was always appreciated.

One of the other adults then gets up from the fire, and motions for your Pokemon to follow him. You see them head deeper still into the village, presumably to begin their tasks of moving things. It was up in the air whether the results would be beneficial or detrimental.

You are then led over to the research lab, and Porrima explains you're here to help clean up the books. You could see that most of the researchers pay no attention and the ones that do look disappointed when the books are specified. You could tell there was other miscellaneous garbage around, but they were expected to be responsible adults and clean up after themselves.

Still, it is best to not anger the village matron. One of the researchers soon makes there way over to you, and points to even more crates. They clear their throat, and then start to speak.

"Thanks for helpin' us out kid. My mom can be a bit... demeaning. The name's Syrma, the chief's son and second-in-command here at the lab. Father is busy scouting out our next location and will most likely be back when we leave in a week. So, for now, mom's in charge," he explains, before shuffling through some papers next to him.

"Sorry for the mess, and thanks in advance for helping us with it. We can be a bit, preoccupied..." he trails off, looking at a star globe at his station. You can see him silently mouth a few things, most likely thoughts or numeral counts. He then blinks, remembers you're there, and continues explaining the details of the job.

"So, we have some books, tomes, grimoires for some reason, and scrolls. Most of them research from generations long past. Some from outsiders who have married into the tribe, or external data that's been published. We tend to keep the maps and charts in separate areas and pack them on move date," he then explains, seeming now focused on the task at hand.

"If you could just, move what we aren't actively using into these boxes and label them, that would be great. Be careful, a lot of the older stuff are dog-eared at best. A lot of loose spines, the glue falling apart, etcetera. Right, kid, do you know a good book repair person?" he asks, before shaking his head.

"Sorry, sorry. But please try and let me know. Anyways, I need to go back to my work. And making sure everyone else's work is going well. And, uh, I should probably eat, now that I think about it..." he trails off, before looking at the crew with him.

"Let's get food everyone! If you haven't eaten today that's an order!" he exclaims, and everyone sets their things down and starts to head out. You can hear some mumbling and groans from a few people. Guess they were all dedicated to this.

Well, the place was empty, leading to a rather empty work environment. A lot of places to start, especially with four Pokemon here to help you out.

What do you do?

Enigma-

"Sorry, I have a boyfriend."

The classic line. You then blink and see the clerk in front of you look at you confused. She was wearing a top hat with cog-framed goggles attached, and a rather frilly blouse with belts. Guess this was the uniform they had to wear? The copper did at least match her skin tone, and the blacks synergized with the black lipstick. Damn.

"But, uh, if your Lucario won't move, then I guess I can," she sighs.

"It will cost you though. That way you can go in and out as you please without getting me in trouble," she states, digging beneath the desk for something.

You then see her take out a pamphlet and hands it over to you. It's some kind of membership program, where for a certain amount of Pokedollars for a month you'll get access to the back stock. From the looks of it, this is pretty new. So the fact that isn't displayed seems to imply something else as well.

"The door there is a ruse, but members are able to access it if they flash their card. I can sign you up for a free trial, you go back there so your Lucario can move, and then we can cancel. Does that sound like a deal?" she asks you.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #243
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jahosafits-

You send out your Impidimp and your Gurrdur, suggesting they could help move supplies into the crates. Porrima gives the Impidimp a look. It was an odd choice since the line was known for being pranksters. Even with a Pokemon such as Gurrdur being there, it might not end too well. Yet, it helped, and help was always appreciated.

One of the other adults then gets up from the fire, and motions for your Pokemon to follow him. You see them head deeper still into the village, presumably to begin their tasks of moving things. It was up in the air whether the results would be beneficial or detrimental.

You are then led over to the research lab, and Porrima explains you're here to help clean up the books. You could see that most of the researchers pay no attention and the ones that do look disappointed when the books are specified. You could tell there was other miscellaneous garbage around, but they were expected to be responsible adults and clean up after themselves.

Still, it is best to not anger the village matron. One of the researchers soon makes there way over to you, and points to even more crates. They clear their throat, and then start to speak.

"Thanks for helpin' us out kid. My mom can be a bit... demeaning. The name's Syrma, the chief's son and second-in-command here at the lab. Father is busy scouting out our next location and will most likely be back when we leave in a week. So, for now, mom's in charge," he explains, before shuffling through some papers next to him.

"Sorry for the mess, and thanks in advance for helping us with it. We can be a bit, preoccupied..." he trails off, looking at a star globe at his station. You can see him silently mouth a few things, most likely thoughts or numeral counts. He then blinks, remembers you're there, and continues explaining the details of the job.

"So, we have some books, tomes, grimoires for some reason, and scrolls. Most of them research from generations long past. Some from outsiders who have married into the tribe, or external data that's been published. We tend to keep the maps and charts in separate areas and pack them on move date," he then explains, seeming now focused on the task at hand.

"If you could just, move what we aren't actively using into these boxes and label them, that would be great. Be careful, a lot of the older stuff are dog-eared at best. A lot of loose spines, the glue falling apart, etcetera. Right, kid, do you know a good book repair person?" he asks, before shaking his head.

"Sorry, sorry. But please try and let me know. Anyways, I need to go back to my work. And making sure everyone else's work is going well. And, uh, I should probably eat, now that I think about it..." he trails off, before looking at the crew with him.

"Let's get food everyone! If you haven't eaten today that's an order!" he exclaims, and everyone sets their things down and starts to head out. You can hear some mumbling and groans from a few people. Guess they were all dedicated to this.

Well, the place was empty, leading to a rather empty work environment. A lot of places to start, especially with four Pokemon here to help you out.

What do you do?

Bobert pulls out 2 balls and sends out Lumina and Euthanasia believing they are Best for the job. and after a second brings out Ovata as well. " Alright, (addressing his trio) we will be organizing and putting away some books this evening.*motions around* I have been told that some of these are super old and falling apart so we will want to be extra careful with our actions. Ovata I would appreciate it if you would help with the boxes and perhaps with some needles should we need to make some repairs. Lumina and Euth, I would appreciate it if you two could bring us the more solid books first and we can work our way over to the more fragile items. I will spend time organizing the books and boxes and will guide us from there." He takes a moment to think. "we also have been asked to not disturb what is currently being used*gestures over towards the pile."
lumina will use vine whip to move the more solid items and poltergeist on the more fragile items. Euthanasia will just bring the items by hand or with whatever innate ghost powers she has.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:46 AM   #244
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

ShadowDRGN: Castle Joyeuse:

The woman meekly accepted her Natu and nodded, " My name is Adabeesh, but you can call me Ada... and yes... I am quite interested in your photography work. I was actually wondering if I could ask you to help me take some pictures. I need to write a paper on Castle Joyeuse and have accompanying pictures with my report."

Ada talked relatively fast and seemed embarrassed to ask such a question to a random stranger but Tsu’uts just rolled his eyes and hopped about until he seemingly nestled upon his trainer's forehead.
" You see, my camera broke about a day ago due to my klutziness and I have been trying to gather up the courage to ask other tourists or locals to borrow " She trailed off after she heard how she sounded and gathered herself for a moment before gently slapping her own cheeks as if to snap herself out of a stupor.

" I was going to ask if I can have you assist me in taking pictures of the castle for my report. I don't have much but I can offer a small payment to you after we finish. I understand if you don't want to take the offer." Ada bows her head respectfully before looking back up to meet your eyes, her eyes sparkling with hope.

Obviously, she is a student from somewhere, and more than likely there wouldn't be any grand payments, but who's to say she might not give a reasonable reward?
Old 10-26-2022, 12:22 PM   #245
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Delicate

Jahosafits-

Deciding on the trio that would assist you, you give them their orders. Your Maractus seems a bit hesitant at first, his spikes being an obvious hazard to these precious artifacts. So, he decides to help out with the crates. Though, you can see some small puncture holes in the first crate he touches. If these got sand damaged, then that would be centuries of knowledge lost. Perhaps another choice would be better?

Though, Lumina proves to be a much better choice here to move the books. Her vine whips are gently used to wrap around the sturdier tomes and place them gently in the crates. Though, when she gets to something more delicate, she switches to Poltergeist. The powerful move shunts the book into the air, and you can hear a ripping noise as it does so. You can see the backing get a small tear, but the book doesn't further sustain damage. Another course of action should be decided on to work on these delicate books.

Your Duskull, only being given basic orders, uses what's best at her disposal. Duskulls don't have hands unlike their evolutions, so it's harder for her to move the books. She does try and possess the objects but doesn't do well in moving them either. So, it's mostly you moving the books into the crates with Lumina as two of your Pokemon can barely help. Seems it's time to rethink this task if you're going to get it all done.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-30-2022, 03:17 PM   #246
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Zelphon: Whispering Bog

"Smart youngin you are. Aye, I am looking for more with this fight, and you are correct.
All of the young folk these days are always out looking for better and better pokemon for all them fancy battles on the big screen, all the flashy battles. Not a single one that I have seen come through here actually has the nerves nor the sharp mind to actually know what it's like to truly battle. To be one with yer partner.

Do you have what it takes?" With that lengthy speech he drew out, the old knight spoke his peace for the time being.
Their Doublade then started to rub its cloth parts together, causing some static electricity before it seemed to apply it to itself causing some electromagnetism effect further enhancing its levitation capabilities.
Whilst the doublade applied its magnet rise, the pawniard had something far crueler in mind. Seemingly Snatching Naula's healing effects from Soft Boiled. Rendering any previous damage to it null.

Did this Knight want you to knock his pokemon out within one try? There really didn't seem like a lot of options for you to "win" this battle. Were you supposed to win outright with brute force? It seemed as if his words from earlier implied that you should seek out another way to win this battle with these odds against you. Surely he was trying to edge you a certain way to see if you had the steel to bite back so to speak.

What is your next move?
Clearly caught off guard by his opponent's well-executed Snatch Rylie's eyes widen briefly before regaining his composer, a deep breath escaping him before once again narrowing his eyes upon the opponent before him.

"I'll be honest Sir Knight, I knew you probably had us beat the moment you sent out Doublade, not a move pokemon know that can hurt it much... But just because things aren't looking good now doesn't mean we're going to give up, because my Pokemon and I aren't just fighting for ourselves or some hollow sense of glory. We're fighting to save another, so if there's any chance even a hard-fought loss might convince you to help them too then we'll continue to give this our all until the very end."

Looking down Rylie's eyes worldlessly meet with Naula's who despite everything charges forth for one last Double-Kick against the Pawniard, with R.E.S.C.U.E leading ahead of them with a Rock Smash.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #247
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

Quote:
THE MYSTICAL REALM

Blurb tbd

The Kingdom of Swords

Once a vast empire ruled by a beloved Emperor and Empress, it has now been reduced to a Kingdom from the machinations of the Mad “God”-Emperor. Now, this place serves as a historical castle town, where relics of the history of safely stored within the beautiful castle by the current Monarch. A place of faith, artistry, and honor; all are welcome to join to marvel at the beauty of the past. Please respond in RoyalBlue

Artisan’s Row: Merchants, craftsmen, bards, and so, so much more make their way to Artisan’s Row. Set up in the style of a farmer’s market, this “street” makes up the central plaza. Foreign goods and well-crafted items make this the cream of the crop for any material good you want. But, the true marvel is the metal statue in the middle, depicting the God-Emporer and his Banette, a testament, and hallow warning, of what this place used to be.
"Damn, not here either... We've been at this for hours!"

Arne Haraldson had been scouring Artisan's Row for around forty-five minutes, but Norsemen weren't exactly known for their patience. Turtles, however, were - Gustav, the young man's Squirtle, was having a far better time exploring the many stalls than Arne. While the Trainer frantically paced back and forth between countless vendors, growing more frustrated by the minute, Gustav was content to look around and take in the sights, and smells, of the make-shift marker.

Was my research wrong? By all accounts, this would be the most likely place to find it...

He couldn't risk outwardly expressing what he was searching for; after all, if one such could indeed be found in Artisan's Row, it would not be available for long. It was, after all, a rare and powerful item - one Arne was perhaps still much too inexperienced to yield, but again, there was that matter of patience and all.

Is having Gustav out of his Ball too much of a giveaway about my intentions? Then again, what choice do I have? He simply refuses to go anywhere near the device! Ugh, if any of my brothers knew I couldn't even convince my Pokémon to go inside its Ball...

As much as he tried to deny, it still bothered him on an hourly basis - how his family would perceive him, what they would thing of his accomplishments, or lack thereof, so far... To say that Arne carried a chip on his shoulder was nothing short of a colossal understatement.

"Damn it all! It's not here. Waste of my time, is what this trip was. I could be training, or looking for work! Gustav, get back here, we're leaving."

But they weren't, not really. Because, for some reason, some inexplicable impulse, Arne felt compelled to stay. Something told him he was supposed to be at Artisan's Row, even if his search had been a bust...
KingSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:08 PM   #248
Lil'twick
Insanity

Togepi It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

Quote:
THE MYSTICAL REALM

Blurb tbd

The Kingdom of Swords

Castle Joyeuse: The castle overlooking the town, where the many knights, courtesans, and historians spent their days ruling and continuing traditions. The courtyard features an immaculate rose garden, a training area, and a small pond for people to rest. The halls are decorated with relics from ages past, showing the history of the Kingdom of Swords and those who have called it home. Regardless of your reason to wander these halls, there is always something someone needs help with.

Sleep is an inevitable thing. The curtain of night, the lark of morning, anyone can at least have a dream. No matter… what that is.

---

Heavy fog had been rolling through the Mystical Realm over the past few days. Cries of wolves and the sounds of clanking steel have been heard across the land. At first, it was just in the Kingdom. Then the forest. And soon the fairy gym leader of the realm could hear it at night. Ever since he overheard the information, he knew it would come. And thus, he made his way to the source. Castle Joyeuse.

The halls of the castle were kept immaculate, on orders of the monarch. Paintings of ages long past lined the walls, along with ancient relics and weapons. Swords of all different shapes, sizes, and colors were on display. Each was made for one of the rulers of the nation or were bestowed onto knights of the highest accolade. Yet, that was not why Leo was here. No, he was here on a lead.

With a recent revelation, he had found himself here. Something ancient was stirring within the Mystical Realm, and he was determined to get to the bottom of it. Especially with weird memories starting to surface, of experiences he had never partaken in. Yet, he was packing his power squad here. If this was a major threat, he would need to be prepared for the worst.

Custard, as always, was at his side. The Togetic has had more than his fair share of adventures at this point. The appointed wielder of the Einherjar, the Pokemon was ready to smite down all who deserved it. His oath was one of devotion, and he would never break it. For he loved his trainer with all of his heart, and would never betray Leo's trust.

Then the ancient magus siblings, Rosemary and Thyme. The Hatterene had returned the night Leo got back from New Fizz, seeming distant. He pried not on her excursions but could tell she learned more ancient secrets. Her brother, Thyme, was pestering her on it as always. The fairy trainer knew things could end disastrously if things went south between the two, but both of them were needed for something as powerful as this.

Next was Brulee, his Mimikyu. The Pokemon was a powerful fighter, despite his child-like innocence. While he still needed to go on his own individual journey with his trainer, he was always more than ready to take on a challenge. And Leo could tell deep within his soul this would be his hardest one yet.

Next was Parfait, his shiny Clefairy. A child of the stars sent to help guide his trainer toward happiness. The support would be needed, and the shiny star fairy was trailing shortly behind. He, after all, was also attached to Leo's hip. Between Parfait and Custard, Leo always felt reassured things would be okay. That everything would work out.

Last, but certainly not least, was the key to all of this. Forrest, his Whimsicott. The Pokemon was so familiar to him and familiar with him, but one he had no real recollection of. Yet, that resurfaced memory hinted at a lot more going on. The cotton boll was the key to this, and one more than likely to be the hero of this story. Or, the one who had that title entrusted to him. But, by whom?

Leo shook his head, fully determined to scour these halls for any information he could. For, he had the very least knew his mark. Knew what was stirring, from a little research. Even a title could betray a lot of what was going on. So, he was ready to figure out why Zacian, the Fairy King's Sword was stirring. And why it was affecting the Mystical Realm in such a heavy way... before all was consumed by the fog.

---

OOC: Using my Legendary Slot Adventure!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #249
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ShadowDRGN: Castle Joyeuse:

The woman meekly accepted her Natu and nodded, " My name is Adabeesh, but you can call me Ada... and yes... I am quite interested in your photography work. I was actually wondering if I could ask you to help me take some pictures. I need to write a paper on Castle Joyeuse and have accompanying pictures with my report."

Ada talked relatively fast and seemed embarrassed to ask such a question to a random stranger but Tsu’uts just rolled his eyes and hopped about until he seemingly nestled upon his trainer's forehead.
" You see, my camera broke about a day ago due to my klutziness and I have been trying to gather up the courage to ask other tourists or locals to borrow " She trailed off after she heard how she sounded and gathered herself for a moment before gently slapping her own cheeks as if to snap herself out of a stupor.

" I was going to ask if I can have you assist me in taking pictures of the castle for my report. I don't have much but I can offer a small payment to you after we finish. I understand if you don't want to take the offer." Ada bows her head respectfully before looking back up to meet your eyes, her eyes sparkling with hope.

Obviously, she is a student from somewhere, and more than likely there wouldn't be any grand payments, but who's to say she might not give a reasonable reward?
Adebeesh... Manuel thinks it a very beautiful name, indeed. The photographer smiles, “it’s nice to meet you, Ada,” he says kindly before she carries on with her request.

In a lot of ways, she sounds not too dissimilar to where Manuel was, a couple years ago. Through the course of getting his uni degree, he’s been sent to many different regions to study and write reports about all sorts of topics.

His is a field that demands general knowledge and flexibility, and while he’s not sure what Ada is studying to become, he can certainly relate to that feeling of not quite knowing what you’re supposed to be doing. Even now, some of the stories he’s asked to cover can feel a mite daunting when he first starts...

“I’m sorry to hear that,” he frowns. Genuinely, hearing that she broke her camera hurt a little bit. They’re delicate things, after all, “sorry that I can’t let you borrow mine, but...”

Manuel trails off, unsure of whether he should finish what he’s about to say. After all, he has his own work to do, with its own deadlines. Can he afford to be sidetracked like this? Even if she was able to promise a big pay, it’s his duty to be committed to the story he’s chosen to write about...

Well, even so. Looking at her, he sees perhaps a little too much of himself. After all, he shudders to think what his studies in Kanto would’ve been like without Tanner to help him... just tossed into an unfamiliar land with nobody to rely on when he lost his footing...

“...I’m perfectly willing to take some pictures for you, Ada. I don’t mind if you can’t pay much, as long as you credit me in the paper,” he offers, extending his hand to her. A fair enough deal, he thinks, and maybe it would help him discover even more about this castle for his own writings.

“That said, I’d like to know what your paper is about before we start. It’ll be easier for me to get good pictures if I know what subjects I need to look for.”
Old 11-04-2022, 11:42 AM   #250
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
akwillbe-

Assessing the data you've been given, you then reach out to the visitor at your door. Though, you do make some assumptions o n your visitor in the process, and you can tell that it did not go well on doing so.

"Excuse me, but I am not a Sir, nor a Ma'am. You can call me a Seer or an Oracle," they state. "I am one of the Seers of the Tribe native to these sands, and was sent to investigate your vessel."

They then shift beneath their robes, your crew able to get a clearer view of them. You can see they are wearing intricate robes from head to toe, adorned with the various constellations of the northern skies. You can spot a medallion with the constellation of Draco, with the constellation filled in with an image of the Dragon-type Dragonair.

"You may call me Seer Draco. I am the appointed of Draco. While my current companion is a Clefairy, she is not the only Pokemon I have with me.We are in charge of the north. If you wish for an analysis of her, you may... if you can win in a battle against her. Traveler from an alternate Earth, I hereby challenge you!" they shout, obviously not happy with the transgretions that you have stated against them.

How do you respond?

Will pondered the information given to him by the "Seer", how curious... In this world apparently, there were more than 2 genders here? How fascinating, Will couldn't quite hide his excitement that in other worlds where humans existed, they grew advanced enough to not only tame these strange and wonderous beings called Pokemon, but they advanced beyond the confines of what was deemed natural in his world.

But what the Seer continued to say gave him pause for a moment... dragonic marked medallion, the wardrobe, it looked very special indeed. But, a challenge? Why would he be challenged? On top of that what even was he being challenged to? Was the Seer talking about commanding the " Clefairy" to fight him head-on?

Within the comms piece nestled in his ear, he had a crew member finally get back to him about this world and some more information. As of right now, he didn't have time to have world history read to him through his earpiece but nonetheless, he learned that People of this world use Pokemon to fight one another in tests of strength and endurance, usually, the victor being decided by whoever has their last pokemon standing. Apparently, it was his world's equivalent of Dueling. However, in this world, it was much safer in a sense compared to shooting each other or using lightsabers in battle. On the contrary, it was also more dangerous due to the fact that Pokemon came within different sizes and had numerous powers.

" I apologize for my transgressions, new world new customs and I hastily made assumptions based on the fact that we are of the same species, albeit from different universes." Will lowered his head and took off his hat revealing his red curly hair that was barely able to be tamed with some gel. His crew was aptly warning him to not accept the battle due to the fact that they had no information on Azalea nor this other "Pokemon".

"I will also have to decline the challenge. I do not know how to do so within this world. Azalea has only just been with us for nary less than a month by our time and we haven't gotten the chance to learn much about her. Let alone jump into a battle that we may not win with it yet due to our inexperience and only just landing here."

Will hoped this would be enough to delay the challenge for now, even if it didn't get him fully out of the battle later. He hoped that this would allow him to learn more about battling so he could ensure that Azalea as well as his crew would be as safe as could be during a challenge as such. If anything was known about Will, was that he prioritized the safety of his crewmates over himself. It was an admirable trait, albeit though it often landed him in some sticky situations in the past. Each time, however, they always turned out for the best.
AKWillbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles