Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 10:09 AM   #51
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
First off I am going to second Shadow’s suggestion of being three account slots rather than 1 legendary, mythical and UB. I know the intention is to re-examine that cap after a trial period but even initially none of the UBs off hand and few of the mythicals interest me to really own if I’m limited, whereas I’d go after at least 3 regular legendaries as my higher priority.

Second I have a question to clarify, is it the intention that you can only redeem the SAP after it’s been logged at the bi-monthlies? For instance if I’m at 28 right at the bi-monthly mark and then I update on the 2nd of the month, do I have to wait 2 months for the next check in to redeem my adventure? To be clear I don’t know that I necessarily dislike if that’s the case from a burnout prevention standpoint but it should be something to clarify.

Third while I understand the desire to cut down on bookkeeping, I do want to be wary of passing the buck to the mods in general. The mods get an awful lot on their plate already. Now counting qualifying updates and replies isn’t the most taxing thing right now with our current activity rate, but I would be wary about it if this succeeds and we do pick up speed and numbers. In fact this specific case might be somewhat negligible to their workload but I just want to caution away from it being more common in future situations. Now I don’t have any kind of alternate solution (except maybe this gets its own shop/owner after the trial period) and I might be worrying for nothing, but I just want the word of caution said out loud. The more that gets bottlenecked through the mods, that’s more pressure on them and more delays if one of the few is out of commission for whatever reason.
We can discuss changing the slots.to be general slots yeah, but I did want to address your second paragraph. I, personally, feel that if you are keeping track yourself and hit it then you shpuld be able to redeem it, but if you are just letting the mods do it then you'll have to wait for the bi-month post. Don't know if Sniz or Enigma agree on this, but this feels like the most sense.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #52
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Personally, I would be okay tracking it myself, but I also understand that other people are intimidated by the amount of bookkeeping in FB right now, so I do support the decision to make it a mod-side thing unless someone specifically opts-into tracking it themselves.

Course, knowing how things go, the mods might have to keep track of it anyways, to make sure it's correct before buying a Legendary Encounter through SAP is approved.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:06 PM   #53
Sneaze
Mrow?

So for the record... the fact that some people won't want something from one or more of the categories is the point for testing purposes. We want to see what happens when those things start to lose interest so we can best gauge what will happen if we expand things and people get to have everything they ever wanted.

Limiting to when Bi-months happen is also kinda something that just will make tracking things during testing easier for the mods. I'm of the opinion that if the system works we look for a Shop Owner and move to it being posted every couple weeks so it's not that long of a wait, but for the moment it's something that will allow us to have our regular discussions set at intervals just after each bi-month in order to track how things are working.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 10-07-2022, 01:43 PM   #54
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
  • Ultra Burst- That's as simple as allowing Ultranecrozium Z to be taken whenever we're given the choice to pick a Z-Crystal of our choosing. In fact, I'm not even aware of any rule in place that would currently prohibit anyone from grabbing one, just nobody's ever done it because there'd be no point to it at this point in time.
  • Fusion- Touched upon this earlier, with advocating for not limiting legendary quantities, but I wanted to go a step further and state that I think the necessary fusion items should be either given out in the zone adventure where you catch the legendary in question, or made able to be claimed for free from the Department Store if you post in there with a link to proof you've obtained the legendary in question.
  • Species-specific forme change items- same deal as the fusion items, honestly, IMO. This encompasses the Reveal Glass, the Prison Bottle, the Zygarde Cube, the creation trio's orbs, Genesect's drives, Arceus's plates, and Silvally's memories. In fact, maybe allow the latter two to simply be purchaseable as with other held items, allowing us to get the ones we feel like we would actually use, rather than a whole freaking stack of them (though I feel like the Legend Plate shouldn't simply be normally purchasable). What I do not encompass with this is...
  • Primal Reversion- this, I feel, should be treated more akin to Mega Evolution. Like, throw the Red Orb and Blue Orb in with the Mega Stones when we're allowed to pick any one we like.
  • Forme-altering moves- This, uh, only actually affects Meloetta now, since Rayquaza can get Dragon Ascent by leveling up, and the same with Keldeo and Secret Sword. Simple enough- add Relic Song to the Move Tutor's as an Advanced Move that falls under all the normal Advanced Move rules.
  • Manaphy and Phione- I'm just gonna say it right now, I think they should work like in the games. Like, you can obtain a Manaphy Egg in an adventure and hatch it either in the adventure or in the Hatchery after the fact, and yes, Manaphy should be breedable. But, again, like in the games, all it would be able to produce are Phione. Which can breed to create more of themselves, but, like, it's Phione. This should be the least problematic Mythical to implement. Under old management it was actually made available from Enigma Eggs, just, nobody ever actually managed to hatch one.
  • Zygarde Cube- I don't think this should have all the functionality it does in the games, because it could let you take apart a 50% Zygarde and create five 10% Zygarde. Like... no. Hell, no. I can already imagine the mods' collective screams at the very notion. So I'm thinking it should simply allow for Zygarde to switch between 10% and 50% formes. As for the moves it teaches (Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Core Enforcer), I say do the same as with Relic Song as mentioned above and let the Move Tutor handle that, file them as Advanced Moves.
Okay, so taking this list off the back burner now. Quick rundown on this as discussed by the mods a little bit ago, apologies for the delay on getting it all properly written up.
  • Ultranecrozmium Z - Will be added as a Z-Crystal option whenever given the choice to claim a Z-Crystal
  • Fusion/Forme Items/Zygarde Cube - Will be added to be purchased in the same vein as changing Rotom/Oricorio/Cosplaychu forms. Zygarde's moves will be teachable to Zygarde using the Zygarde Cube once purchased.
  • Primal Reversion - Will be treated as Mega Evolution, with the orbs being added as Mega Stone options whenever given the choice to claim a Mega Stone
  • Forme Moves - Zygarde moves will be teachable to Zygarde only using the Zygarde Cube. Relic Song will be added to Meloetta's move pool as a level 1 move, as this has been the case with other such moves and will likely happen when Meloetta is next made available in-game anyway. This is to avoid the already growing Advanced Move issues we've been seeing and may change in the future.
  • Manaphy and Phione - In regards to receiving a Manaphy egg in your Legend adventure instead of catching Manaphy outright... this is fine, and would be an insta-hatch at the Hatchery as it'd just be a flavor thing anyway. Phione will not be considered a Legendary/Mythical, and will be able to be bred using a Manaphy or Phione. Additionally, Phione will be added back into the hatch list for Enigma Eggs.

Please discuss.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm at the tail end of my break so I'll just say real quick that this all sounds good to me. Will see about going into more detail after work.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:19 PM   #56
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Looked over these. Seems fine to me. Though, one clarification: Does Phione being hatchable mean it's not considered either a Legendary or a Mythical?
Old 10-09-2022, 08:32 PM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Looked over these. Seems fine to me. Though, one clarification: Does Phione being hatchable mean it's not considered either a Legendary or a Mythical?
TO quote Sniz's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Phione will not be considered a Legendary/Mythical, and will be able to be bred using a Manaphy or Phione.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-09-2022, 10:12 PM   #58
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Shit sorry, was still using my YGO brain when I typed that up.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:10 AM   #59
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Ah. Okay now that I'm not half-asleep I did think of something that might need addressing, if it hasn't already: Kubfu.

This is a bit of a weird one since it's an intersection between a couple different problematic Evo methods. I know the way we usually deal with those is to cut down the requirements until it's feasible for FB. In this case, we have a branched evolution with no Level threshold to fall back on, requiring a specific event to be completed in a specific location that isn't generic like "magnetism" or "stand next to a really cold rock".

So... what do? Should we introduce items for evolving Kubfu, or simply make it a Friendship evo that you get to choose the outcome of?
Old 10-10-2022, 08:08 PM   #60
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

We are currently discussing that, I am leaning to friendship Evo that you choose, because why the Ef would we make yet another item ( or two ) to declare its form

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 10-10-2022, 08:18 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I mean, I could whip up a couple of sprites for such items.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:20 AM   #62
Sneaze
Mrow?

*glances at Mod Chat* Yeah we all just kind of collectively agree here that a friendship evo is the best way to handle this. We need to limit the amount of new items being introduced in any capacity until we work through the backlog, and given the way the questline works for Kubfu, this is thematic enough.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:46 AM   #63
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Alright, sweet. I have no further questions.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #64
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Good enough for me, I figured that requiring zone RP in a specific area or having some sort of item needed for evolving Kubfu would be too much hassle. I assume unlocking GMax Urshifu would work the same way as GMax forms for other Pokemon?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 10-30-2022, 12:56 PM   #65
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hello everyone! We are delighted to inform the community that we will be moving forwards with pushing legendaries into Fizzy Bubbles. We will have a full announcement post put up soon, but all discussions in this thread have been taken into account.

Here is a summary of the mechanics:
-All trainers can earn up to one legendary adventure slot at a time. Updaters will earn 2 points per update cataloged in bi-monthlies, and Updatees will earn 1 point per adventure reply. Both must meet the standard word count minimum per post to earn these points. You must earn 30 points total to be able to qualify for a legendary adventure slot. The moderation team will tally everyone's point totals in the bi-monthlies, and post them with them.
-Legendary Adventure slots count towards your maximum of three adventure slots, and you need an open slot in order to claim yours. You must link to the post you hit the qualification when you start the new adventure.
-You may specify a specific legendary/mythical/ultra beast when starting a post (I.e Lugia, Manaphy, or Pheromosa). For lines with evolutions, please state the base form (i.e Cosmog, Kubfu, and Poipole). You can also choose to not state it and leave the encounter up to your updater.
-As of this time you may own one Legendary, Mythical, and UB Pokemon per account. Once you hit your limit, you will no longer accrue legendary slots. This limit is subject to change in the future, as we see the impact these Pokemon have within the game.
-All caught/partnered (however you wish to flavor) will not have access to their in-lore powers and will function as standard Pokemon.
-Forme changes tied to items will require the said item. Mega Stones and Z-Crystals will be available from standard means for these items. Fusion/Forme Items/Zygarde Cube will be available from the Department Store for $1000, and only available to those who have obtained related Pokemon.
-Fusion/Forme Items/Zygarde Cube will function as a swapping item, and will not require the secondary Pokemon in order to access the form. (I.e not needing Reshiram to get Kyurem-White).
-Kubfu will be a friendship evolution.
-Phione is not considered a Legendary or Mythical in Fizzy Bubbles. Can be obtained by breeding a Manaphy or Phione, through Adventures, or through Enigma Eggs.

We will condense this summary for the announcement post, but for now, any last-minute discussions should be brought up. We are aiming to get legends live November 1st, 12:00 AM GMT

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-30-2022, 01:26 PM   #66
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

I'm fine with pretty much all of this, but I think the "in-canon powers" clause should be loosened very slightly. There are a few legendaries/mythicals that can do some very interesting things that don't amount to hitting the "win instantly" button, and getting rid of all of them would kind of defeat the entire point of having one on your team in the first place. That being said, I'm still cool with leaving the rule intact if you think that it should absolutely be that way.

Also there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of handling Meltan and Melmetal. If you can only catch a single Meltan, then how do you evolve it into Melmetal?
Old 10-30-2022, 01:49 PM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'd like to know whether Adventure Points are going to be rewarded retroactively. If so, I'd like to know how far back it'll be counting, and if not, I'd like if that was made clear, since as this stands, it doesn't seem to say one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
Also there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of handling Meltan and Melmetal. If you can only catch a single Meltan, then how do you evolve it into Melmetal?
I think I suggested making the Mystery Box an evolution item. I can even whip up a sprite for it.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #68
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I'm with Blue here, certain powers of Legendary Pokemon aren't very game-breaking and some don't even have a real purpose in battle, so perhaps such powers could be used outside of battle?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 10-30-2022, 02:04 PM   #69
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
I'm fine with pretty much all of this, but I think the "in-canon powers" clause should be loosened very slightly. There are a few legendaries/mythicals that can do some very interesting things that don't amount to hitting the "win instantly" button, and getting rid of all of them would kind of defeat the entire point of having one on your team in the first place. That being said, I'm still cool with leaving the rule intact if you think that it should absolutely be that way.

For now, we will be having this a blanket ban since this is still playtest content even after it is live. Depending on how things go, we will reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I'd like to know whether Adventure Points are going to be rewarded retroactively. If so, I'd like to know how far back it'll be counting, and if not, I'd like if that was made clear, since as this stands, it doesn't seem to say one way or the other.

I think I suggested making the Mystery Box an evolution item. I can even whip up a sprite for it.
Retroactive claims will be for the current and previous bi-month periods. As for Meltan, making the Mystery Box an evo stone is most likely the best way to handle this.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 10-30-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:52 PM   #70
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

The only thing I couldn't really understand regarding these rules is whether we are also supposed to keep a running tally of our points somewhere (since us non-updaters won't be usually posting the Bimonthly thread) or if it's a fully mod-organized task! Other than that, this all sounds pretty exciting!
Old 10-30-2022, 03:05 PM   #71
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalmon View Post
The only thing I couldn't really understand regarding these rules is whether we are also supposed to keep a running tally of our points somewhere (since us non-updaters won't be usually posting the Bimonthly thread) or if it's a fully mod-organized task! Other than that, this all sounds pretty exciting!
You can tally your points on your own whever you want, just make sure to provide links for your claims and post in in bi-monthly. Besides that we'll.primarily work on it ourselves. Depending on how things go, we may look for a SO to run it as a shop.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-30-2022, 04:18 PM   #72
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I uploaded it to Discord already, but just to have everything in one place, I followed through and made a sprite for the Mystery Box:
Old 10-30-2022, 10:04 PM   #73
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

I have no problem with kubfu being a friendship evo though my understanding is that it did have an Evo item; a style scroll provided by Mustard at the end of the tower. Or at least that's my understanding.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:29 PM   #74
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahotsafits View Post
I have no problem with kubfu being a friendship evo though my understanding is that it did have an Evo item; a style scroll provided by Mustard at the end of the tower. Or at least that's my understanding.
There is indeed a scroll involved, but it's not an obtainable item- rather, it's displayed at the top of the tower, accessible to you only after beating Mustard, and bringing any Kubfu up there will allow it to evolve.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:06 AM   #75
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Hello everyone! We are delighted to inform the community that we will be moving forwards with pushing legendaries into Fizzy Bubbles. We will have a full announcement post put up soon, but all discussions in this thread have been taken into account.

Here is a summary of the mechanics:
-All trainers can earn up to one legendary adventure slot at a time. Updaters will earn 2 points per update cataloged in bi-monthlies, and Updatees will earn 1 point per adventure reply. Both must meet the standard word count minimum per post to earn these points. You must earn 30 points total to be able to qualify for a legendary adventure slot. The moderation team will tally everyone's point totals in the bi-monthlies, and post them with them.
-Legendary Adventure slots count towards your maximum of three adventure slots, and you need an open slot in order to claim yours. You must link to the post you hit the qualification when you start the new adventure.
-You may specify a specific legendary/mythical/ultra beast when starting a post (I.e Lugia, Manaphy, or Pheromosa). For lines with evolutions, please state the base form (i.e Cosmog, Kubfu, and Poipole). You can also choose to not state it and leave the encounter up to your updater.
-As of this time you may own one Legendary, Mythical, and UB Pokemon per account. Once you hit your limit, you will no longer accrue legendary slots. This limit is subject to change in the future, as we see the impact these Pokemon have within the game.
-All caught/partnered (however you wish to flavor) will not have access to their in-lore powers and will function as standard Pokemon.
-Forme changes tied to items will require the said item. Mega Stones and Z-Crystals will be available from standard means for these items. Fusion/Forme Items/Zygarde Cube will be available from the Department Store for $1000, and only available to those who have obtained related Pokemon.
-Fusion/Forme Items/Zygarde Cube will function as a swapping item, and will not require the secondary Pokemon in order to access the form. (I.e not needing Reshiram to get Kyurem-White).
-Kubfu will be a friendship evolution.
-Phione is not considered a Legendary or Mythical in Fizzy Bubbles. Can be obtained by breeding a Manaphy or Phione, through Adventures, or through Enigma Eggs.

We will condense this summary for the announcement post, but for now, any last-minute discussions should be brought up. We are aiming to get legends live November 1st, 12:00 AM GMT
It all looks good to me!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development