UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #51
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
SO, looking over Sniz's post again, I am fine with Starter and Fossil Eggs being a thing again. We do need to have a discussion on Breeding and Eggs soon, (Flying and Bug Eggs need split for example), and I think reintroducing those eggs would be a cool thing to do.

Besides that, I hope we can get this wrapped up soon. I have a feeling a lot of people are waiting to start updating again until these changes go live.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:21 AM   #52
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
If we're reintroducing Starter and Fossil eggs, are they going to become egg-slot trade-in options too? Probably be like 3 slots bc vastly more limited pool.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #53
Lil'twick
Insanity

That'll be discussed in the egg discussion

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-10-2021, 05:13 PM   #54
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

poking this thread with a stick so we can continue discussion and hopefully get changes implemented soon

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:23 PM   #55
Sneaze
Mrow?

So I decided instead of typing up something huge and unreadable, I would instead make a quick sheet to display my point. That can be found here.

Note that I have moved a couple things as per noting that Leo made a couple oops moments in his creation of the list.

My big issue with Leo's list is that it still doesn't feel like you are actually progressing and gaining options as you move along. This sheet displays what option is available to you as you move along the ladder (ignoring the 251-300 rungs because they are drastically different). I've added a couple spots here to flesh out the areas that I feel still need help appropriately with the list Leo has provided, but that still leaves nothing new for options in the 201-250 steps, which is just... not shippable.

If we could get suggestions for the three locations I have marked ??? I feel this would be a much better ladder.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:35 PM   #56
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Coming in as a member, not as a moderator, and hoping this post will help get gears rolling to finish things up here.

When I first started to climb the ladder I was extremely disappointed that the more rare custom held items / pokeballs such as the Wereball and the likes weren't an option on the ladder to earn one. Forcing me to wait until an event rolled around where I could obtain them like Halloween or so. I'd like to see the option to earn a Custom Held Item (Unless this would already fall under "Held Item" for rung 95 and I am just misreading that) Another thing, Even though we still have the option to earn Z-Crystals and Mega Stones from places like the watt shop, Would we still be able to earn them from here?
Old 06-20-2021, 12:55 PM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Coming in as a member, not as a moderator, and hoping this post will help get gears rolling to finish things up here.

When I first started to climb the ladder I was extremely disappointed that the more rare custom held items / pokeballs such as the Wereball and the likes weren't an option on the ladder to earn one. Forcing me to wait until an event rolled around where I could obtain them like Halloween or so. I'd like to see the option to earn a Custom Held Item (Unless this would already fall under "Held Item" for rung 95 and I am just misreading that) Another thing, Even though we still have the option to earn Z-Crystals and Mega Stones from places like the watt shop, Would we still be able to earn them from here?
SO a few clarifications. The Held Item is any Held Item available from the games. The ability to earn Custom Held Item will be tied with the 200 and 250 FC tier, which is any custom item. Lastly, Z-Crystals and Mega Stones are part of the 295 FC tier, which is excluded from the spread sheet.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-21-2021, 12:48 AM   #58
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Coolios

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 06-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #59
Connor
Flashbacker

So I am not entirely sure how the new ladder lines up with the old, but would any changes be considered retroactive?

Honestly I am removed enough from FB that I'm not sure I have reasonable suggestions beyond maybe Z/Mega Stones for the existing undecided spots.

Also I'm a donkey - explain to me how the new spreadsheet ladder wors. Do you just not get anything during the large gaps in 151-200 and 201-50 or am I being dense?
Old 06-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #60
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
So I am not entirely sure how the new ladder lines up with the old, but would any changes be considered retroactive?

Honestly I am removed enough from FB that I'm not sure I have reasonable suggestions beyond maybe Z/Mega Stones for the existing undecided spots.

Also I'm a donkey - explain to me how the new spreadsheet ladder wors. Do you just not get anything during the large gaps in 151-200 and 201-50 or am I being dense?
Changes won't be retroactive (why I know a few people including myself are holding off on claiming FC)

So the gaps basically mean nothing new is being added as a reward there. You'll still get the rewards of anything that is left to that box. (i.e 135 adds in the choice of a type/zone egg). Being honest the spreadsheet is confusing.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #61
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Very confusing at first, but it does get a point across

Old 06-23-2021, 07:02 PM   #62
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I was also confused by the spreedsheet format which is why I was hesitant to post lol. ^^; Sniz may think in spreadsheets but I don't. OTL

I'm still of the opinion we should be focusing foremost on enticing people to start Updating in the first place (especially given the current shortage), but in terms of other possible prizes: aside from Mega Stones/Z-Crystals, perhaps a Fizzytopian Essence? (Although again I feel like this kind of thing should be accessible only to Updators.) I was also considering maybe allowing a choice of teaching an extra existing Move that's not currently a TM (minus Legendary-exclusives).
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #63
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
We might want to separate getting a FB Item that already exists from making a new one, looking back the language is really confusing if you don't already know. Z-Crystals and Mega Stones are obviously a good shout, but maybe Wishing Pieces as well might be a pretty good idea. I would also probably still recommend the idea of increasing the base level candy / gummi rewards maybe every 100 steps to give a further sense of progression.

Outside of that I'm not really sure though. We have a lot of other stuff covered.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:51 PM   #64
Lil'twick
Insanity

So, the ladder is honestly really good but for the sake of just filling out the three ???s would people be opposed to Contest Scarves, Cherish Balls, and then like Nuggets for the three ???s

Just my own suggestions since we want to get everything live the start of July.

EDIT: As for upping the Candy/Gummi amounts that should be a thing. Honestly, we should discuss the 250 to 300 tier as well... 10 Mysterious Gummis is a shit prize now.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-28-2021, 11:14 AM   #65
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No objections to Contest Scarves, Cherish Balls, and Nuggets, personally.

Also, once the spreadsheet format was explained to me, I personally didn't have much trouble getting the idea? Or is that just me?
Old 06-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #66
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Reiterating that the gummi-candy balance in early stages is off. Just scrap Yummi Gummis entirely, do 1/2/3 mysterious as a mirror to candies and forget about yummi gummis.

Recommending one of the ???s be a Heart Scale, and maybe add in Spray/Umbra again to fill another gap, and maybe for 240 put in Egg (their choice of Enigma/Type/Zone/Fossil/Starter/Baby). if they've done 200+ updates, they're entitled to the good shit.

Also, after 250, does it reset or just continue going with all options available?
Old 06-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #67
Lil'twick
Insanity

Here's the 250-300 tier

265 FC = 20 Rare Candies
280 FC = 10 Mysterious Gummis
295 FC = 1 Z-Crystal /or/ 1 Mega Stone /or/ 1 Wishing Piece
300 FC = Custom Item / Move - You propose an item or move to collect for yourself. Mods must approve of the effects. Be reasonable but do something cool!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-28-2021, 03:54 PM   #68
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Ok, can that be added to the doc then?
Old 06-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #69
Lil'twick
Insanity

I'll ask Sniz to do it. Sniz excluded it specifically so all tiers before it could be discussed.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-28-2021, 10:35 PM   #70
Sneaze
Mrow?

Okay so here's the updated ladder in full:

Spoiler: show
-\/- 250 Pokedollars Each Step
1 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
3 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
5 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
10 FC = $500 Pokedollars
15 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
20 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
25 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis
30 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice
35 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Enigma Egg
40 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
45 FC = $750 Pokedollars
50 FC = 10 Rare Candies /or/ Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin
51 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
53 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
55 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
60 FC = $500 Pokedollars
65 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
70 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
75 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, or Fossilized Bird
80 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice
85 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Enigma Egg
90 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
95 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of your choice
100 FC = 10 Rare Candies /or/ Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin
101 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
103 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
105 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
110 FC = $500 Pokedollars
115 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
120 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
125 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, or Fossilized Bird
130 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of your choice
135 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg
140 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
145 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of your choice
150 FC = 10 Rare Candies /or/ Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin
151 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
153 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
155 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
160 FC = $500 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Fossil Egg /or/ 1 Starter Egg /or/ 1 Baby Egg
165 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
170 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
175 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, or Fossilized Bird
180 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of your choice
185 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg
190 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
195 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of your choice
200 FC = 10 Rare Candies /or/ Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 1 Custom Item of your choice
201 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
203 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
205 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
210 FC = $500 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Fossil Egg /or/ 1 Starter Egg /or/ 1 Baby Egg
215 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball /or/ 1 Heart Scale
220 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, Safari Ball, Bug Ball, Dark Ball, Dragon Ball, Thunder Ball, Fairy Ball, Fighting Ball, Fire Ball, Fizzy Ball, Flying Ball, Ghost Ball, Leaf Ball, Ground Ball, Snow Ball, Normal Ball, Poison Ball, Psychic Ball, Rock Ball, or Steel Ball
225 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, or Fossilized Bird
230 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of your choice
235 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg
240 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 Pokeball of your choice
245 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of your choice
250 FC = 10 Rare Candies /or/ Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 1 Custom Item of your choice
-\/- 750 Pokedollars Each Step
260 FC = 10 Mysterious Gummis
270 FC = 20 Rare Candies
280 FC = 1 Nugget
290 FC = 1 TM/TR or Extra Move to be taught to a Pokemon of your choice
295 FC = 1 Z-Crystal /or/ 1 Mega Stone /or/ 1 Wishing Piece
300 FC = New Custom Item / Move - You propose an item or move. If it is a custom move, also an item to learn it. Mods must approve of the effects. Be reasonable but do something cool!

And Bi-Monthlies will change to the following:

3 Updates: 3 Rare Candies or 2 Mysterious Gummis or 1 Enigma Egg or 1 Silver Umbra Coin
5 Updates: 5 Rare Candies or 1 TM/TR or 1 Ability Capsule or 1 Type Egg or 1 Zone Egg
10 Updates: 1 Heart Scale or 1 Shiny Spray or 1 Starter Egg or 1 Fossil Egg or 1 Baby Egg

Note there are a couple of shuffles around but this should be good. Get your last thoughts in while you can.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:41 PM   #71
Lil'twick
Insanity

This is pretty much great. As a reminder we will also be implementing double FC gain for Shop and Zone Role Play updates, and making Candy Store Monthly Update 10 FC

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-30-2021, 06:42 PM   #72
Sneaze
Mrow?

Alright, no discussion in almost 48 hours means these changes are going through at rollover. A full announcement detailing all of the changes will go up later, but at rollover you can consider the ladder, bi-monthlies, and FC gain as discussed to go through.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:23 AM   #73
Sneaze
Mrow?

Hey everyone! We need opinions on how much FC the Free RP Reward Review will be worth, keeping in mind that it will require reading through most likely multiple posts, sometimes of the particularly large variety!

Old 10-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #74
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I'll throw out a baseline, 2 per case.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #75
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

My Arceus, for putting up with my Tauros shit, at least 10.

No, but really, if what I've posted so far is any indicator of the sort of thing to look forward to... somewhere in the area of 2 to 4 per case? I would think maybe more for stuff that entails some particularly heavy reading, like I strongly suspect I will eventually be able to try and claim for after certain storylines have reached some manner of conclusion- I'm sure this is going to very much need to be a case-by-case sort of deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development