UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Shops

Old 09-04-2021, 06:41 AM   #51
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Connor: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Paras!

You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Corphish!

You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Vullaby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Connor: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Bruxish!
Picking each of these up in Poke Balls.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #52
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Slash: Level 10 Female Shadow Grubbin!
Picking her up in a Pokeball
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #53
Connor
Flashbacker

Gacha.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #54
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Connor: You have discovered a Level 10 female Shadow Tentacool!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #55
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...&postcount=255

Gib new Shadow

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #56
Sneaze
Mrow?

Zelphon: You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Foongus!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Two Silver Umbras for the gacha!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:21 PM   #58
Sneaze
Mrow?

Lil'twick: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Nickit!
You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Dunsparce!

Old 09-08-2021, 11:23 PM   #59
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Lil'twick: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Nickit!
You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Dunsparce!
Oh this is actually fantastic. Can't use either for a bit, need to purify. Picking them up in my Pokeballs (6/10 used)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #60
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I'd like to exchange the 3 Silver Umbra I've obtained here to see what creeps on in through the woodwork.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #61
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Two Umbra for the ferryman, now to see what lies beyond this stygian darkness...
Old 09-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #62
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Median: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Morpeko!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Cramorant!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Indeedee!

Ironthunder: You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Lickitung!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Chansey!

Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:43 PM   #63
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Ironthunder: You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Lickitung!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Chansey!

Claiming, putting both in Pokeballs.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #64
Lil'twick
Insanity

And using this Silver Umbra Coin to purify my Lv. 10 Male Shadow Dunsparce. Will be naming him Tsuchi and putting him into a Space Ball on confirmation.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-16-2021, 11:58 AM   #65
Sneaze
Mrow?

Lil'twick: Purification of Shadow Dunsparce confirmed! Dunsparce has opened his heart!

Old 09-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #66
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Median: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Morpeko!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Cramorant!
You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Indeedee!
Picking up the Shadow Morpeko, dubbing him Larkspur, and putting him in a Pokeball (#4/10).
*Larkspur learned Shadow Rush!*
*Larkspur learned Shadow Down!*
*Larkspur learned Shadow Bolt!*

Picking up the Shadow Cramorant, and putting her in a Pokeball (#5/10).
*Cramorant learned Shadow Mist!*
*Cramorant learned Shadow Panic!*
*Cramorant learned Shadow Sky!*

Picking up the Shadow Indeedee, dubbing her Fremda, and putting her in a Pokeball (6/10).
*Fremda learned Shadow Rave!*
*Fremda learned Shadow Hold!*
*Fremda learned Shadow Break!*

Last edited by Median Dia; 09-17-2021 at 01:03 AM.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:53 PM   #67
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Zelphon: You have discovered a Level 10 Male Shadow Patrat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Quote:
Zelphon: You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Foongus!
Picking these two up in 2/11 of my Regular Pokeballs

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #68
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Exchanging 1 Silver Umbra Coin for the opportunity to obtain a new Shadow Pokémon.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:16 PM   #69
Sneaze
Mrow?

Zorchic: You have discovered a Level 10 Genderless Shadow V Unown!

Old 10-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #70
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...the Realm of Shadows?" Keith murmured. "Sunny, Ava, what are we doing here?"

"I mean, I think I see where you're going with this," Visha added. "But I mean, I ain't technic'ly a Shadow Pokémon, it's just Vigil's curse made me look th' part."

"We are aware," nodded Sunny, the Normal Form Ninetales leading the way onward. "But we wouldn't be surprised if some of the same mechanics were in play regardless."

"We have noticed you know a large amount of Shadow moves," Ava added fairly. "Even if you don't have the temperament of one, we're willing to bet there was some manner of comparable corruption at play."

"If this is successful, then at the very least, your default form will not be one that raises universal suspicion," stated Sunny.

All the while, Marvolo was translating all of this for Keith, who nodded thoughtfully, Rose Incense in hand. "It's hard to say, but yeah... it could work," he stated. "Either way... only one way to find out." At this point, they stopped, the pair of Ninetales having found what they deemed a good spot.

This Rose Incense of Keith's, it was far from ordinary. It was created and given to him by none other than the Mythical Celebi itself. Thus, it contained a bit of Celebi's power. Not enough to pull off any kind of time travel shenanigans, nothing insane... but it did serve the same purpose as the Relic Stone in Agate Village in Orre. Put simply, if presented to a Shadow Pokémon ready to open its heart... it would undo the final lock. Keith knew this to be true. It'd already served to purify the Ursaring and Wobbuffet his sister had owned in life, and later on undid the final lock to Stewie's heart. And now? Well... Nobody knew quite what would happen as Keith set down the seemingly ordinary container of incense before Visha.

OOC: Using four Shadow Gummis [1] [1] [1] [1] on Visha the Shadow "Zangoose", boosting her Clarity from 0 to 20, and subsequently purifying her.

*As a result of reaching 10 Bond, Visha learned Gummi Bomb (Poison)!*

*As a result of reaching 10 Bond, Visha learned the MT move Bind!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-09-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:35 PM   #71
Sneaze
Mrow?

Missingno. Master: Purification of Zangoose confirmed! Zangoose opened her heart! Zangoose learned Refresh!

Last edited by Sneaze; 11-01-2021 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:19 PM   #72
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Purification of Zangoose confirmed! Zangoose opened her heart! Zangoose learned Refresh!
At first, nothing happened when Keith set down the Rose Incense. Visha gave a resigned sigh- she knew it. She wasn't a proper Shadow Pokémon, not really, so of course the usual course of action wasn't gonna cut the mustard. She was still nowhere near ready to take the fight to Vigil, so there was still a long way to go before she would be in any position to throw this wretched curse off. She looked up at the others- their efforts were commendable, and she absolutely appreciated them, but all the same, this one didn't seem to have the desired effect...

...or so she thought, until the first green wisp of flowery-scented energy shot out of the incense container. And it wasn't alone for long- more and more shot out, whirling around the cursed Seviper. Visha gave a surprised hiss- this was actually working?!

"Vipaaaa..." Marvolo murmured wonderingly. Sunny and Ava, meanwhile, simply smiled. Visha was now completely shrouded by the wondrous energy, the manifestation of Celebi's power. It wasn't doing its usual fare, it wasn't unlocking the heart, per se. Rather, it was hacking away at that awful curse. Not even the power of the Mythical Celebi could overthrow the curse of a Ninetales, let alone a curse born from the act of ripping a Ninetales's tail clean off, but there was one aspect of the curse it could tackle, at the very least, and so that's just what it did. And finally, in one great burst, the energy dissipated, and while Visha still looked like a Zangoose, she now looked like a perfectly normal !

"...well, I'll be damned," murmured Visha, looking down at herself. It still wasn't perfect, of course. She still looked like that which she loathed and despised on principle. But at least now she didn't look like a Shadow Zangoose anymore. At least now, if she had to look like a Zangoose, she didn't look like the sort of Zangoose one might mistrust on sight alone. That was part of the curse- not only to be shunned by her fellow Seviper, but to not even be accepted by actual Zangoose. Which she wouldn't mind, honestly, if only for the prospect of getting a rare opportunity for a Seviper- to get to kill a Zangoose without them suspecting a thing until it was far too late.

It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. Between this and learning Transform, it felt like she was making real progress. And Visha could only give a small smile to those who had helped in making this progress possible- those who were hoping to help her make even more progress. Those, she realized once more, who were willing to fight Vigil by her side when the time came. With no words coming to her, Visha went over and hugged her friends. And as they all hugged her back, it was clear in that moment that the lack of words had not stopped the point from coming across.

OOC: In addition to confirming Visha's purification, feeding her the Galaxy Gummi and Fireball Gummi, boosting her Bond from 10 to 20.

*As a result of reaching 20 Bond, Visha learned Guardian Terrain!*

*As a result of reaching 20 Bond, Visha learned Sizzly Slide!*

Quote:
There's a Pokémon that may open the door to its heart!

.....!

! ! !
! ! !
!!! !!! !!!!!!!

Visha opened the door to her heart!

*Visha regained the move Refresh!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-09-2021 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:09 PM   #73
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

As far as I'm concerned, it's still Halloween in this corner of the world...

So I'm tossing this Silver Umbra Coin up in the air, and seeing how it lands.

Perhaps Hecate will look kindly on me...
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:22 PM   #74
Sneaze
Mrow?

Marion Ette: Wandering through the Realm of Shadows after paying your fare, you stumble across a lake of putrid water and purple sand. Glancing out over the water, you're surprised to see a bit of the nearby sand begin to shift, approaching your feet with a bit of fervor. Stopping your gaze to look down, the sand seems to have a small shovel embedded in it, and after a moment pokes itself up to reveal two small eyes and a mouth! Staring at you with some amount of interest, the Sandygast plays hard to get for a bit, melting into the sand to vanish, before reappearing behind you every now and again, the only telltale sign of its location in this darkened land being the small shovel, moving around with speed as the Shadow Pokemon does its best to avoid your gaze. After some time, it tires itself out, slowly slinking away back towards the lake now that it has had its fun with you. Surprising as it is that any Shadow Pokemon would even stick around that long, you should make haste to make it yours at this time, before it slips away into the sand and out of your grasp forever!

You have discovered a Level 10 Female Shadow Sandygast!

Old 11-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #75
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Zorchic: You have discovered a Level 10 Genderless Shadow V Unown!
RP is spoilered for length:
Spoiler: show
Contrary to popular belief, most Shadow Pokémon are not inherently evil. Consciously malicious Shadow Pokémon are the exception, not the rule. Rather, most Shadow Pokémon are like emotionless, thoughtless machines, reduced by the shadowy aura to the instincts that drive them. It might even be accurate to say that they are antisocial, undecipherable by most. Yet, some Trainer-owned Shadow Pokémon may blindly obey the orders given to them, as if they have no mind of their own to object.

These thoughts were running through Jake Celeste’s mind as he stood on the banks of the mysterious river Virga, theorizing about the behaviors of Pokémon affected by the Shadow phenomenon. Silver Umbra in his left hand, the Trainer examined the valuable coin with which he would soon be paying the legendary ferryman. In Jake’s right hand was a Pokéball containing his Luxio, whom he would be sending out once he arrived at his destination.

A cloud uncovered the full moon, casting a white light that reflected off the surface of the coin in the Aura Guardian’s hand. As the gleam of the Silver Umbra illuminated a thin ray along the path of the river, a wooden rowboat came into sight from downstream, traveling upstream, manned by a hooded figure whose face was obscured.

With the barely audible swishes of water from the boat’s oars, the ferryman arrived, coming to a stop in front of Jake. Recognizing the design of the Trainer’s Silver Umbra, they held out their hand.

“Realm of Shadows, please,” Jake spoke calmly, placing the Silver Umbra gently into the boatman’s hand. The mysterious figure took the coin without a word, put it away in the folds of their dark cloak, and beckoned for Jake to get into the boat. Once the young Aura Guardian had settled himself aboard the slim vessel, the ferryman pushed off from the bank, rowing up the Virga River with steady strokes of the oars.

The ride aboard the boat was a quiet one, almost eerily so, but nevertheless, the boat eventually came to a stop next to a forest of strange, ethereal trees. Taking this to be his stop, Jake climbed out of the boat and onto the bank, turning back and watching as the hooded figure rowed away and out of sight.

The Skewed Forest certainly deserved its name. In addition to the physically skewed trees, “skewed” could also mean warped or distorted in a more unpleasant way, fitting for an area of the Realm of Shadows. As he entered the forest, the Trainer tossed the Pokéball he was holding into the air, with a call of “Luxio, use Flash!”

“Luuuxio!” The feline Electric-type Pokémon, who was slightly larger than the average size of her species and wore a Magnet around her neck, appeared with a determined cry. She got to work as the yellow parts of her body shone with a bright light that illuminated a fair amount of the surroundings, before turning to her Trainer in curiosity.

“Ah, yes, that’s right.” Jake cleared his throat. “You see, Luxio, we're in the Realm of Shadows, brought here by a mysterious boatman who only accepts a Silver Umbra, a rare coin. This place, the Skewed Forest, lies on the outside of the realm. Expect to encounter Shadow Pokémon; it was time I checked them out for myself. Let’s proceed.” He gestured forward, the two of them continuing to walk quietly.

As the Trainer and Pokémon made their way deeper into the forest, they could hear the sinister cries of the Shadow Pokémon that lurked about, but Luxio’s Intimidate Ability was fortunately enough to scare all the Pokémon from bothering her and her Trainer. The two traveled through the forest unhindered.

Partway through, Jake turned and grinned at the Electric-type Pokémon. “Good job so far, Luxio,” he complimented. “Remember to keep Flashing the way for us, alright? Be prepared for other Pokémon, since they may not be as cowardly as the ones here.”

“Lux, Lux,” the Spark Pokémon nodded, as she and Jake continued.

After many more minutes of walking, the brush of the Skewed Forest seemed to suddenly increase in density, nearly twofold. Noticing this, the young Aura Guardian stopped in his tracks, lowering his head and concentrating on the woods in front of him as a blue glow surrounded him. Curious, Luxio stopped beside her Trainer, shining her Flash move all the while.

Jake looked up, his aura glow fading. “We’re good,” he stated calmly. “Let’s proceed, shall we?”

The lynx-like Pokémon beside Jake nodded wordlessly, as the two of them treaded forward, pushing aside the leaves.

The last of the gnarled branches were separated by the Trainer’s gloved hands, revealing a marvelous but ominous sight: a singular tree, enormous beyond belief, stood in the clearing, stretching its wood-barked arms and roots in all directions. Various markings were carved all over the tree’s bark, and beneath one of the largest roots lay a wooden shrine.

Jake and Luxio stared in awe at the sight before them. The Twisty Shrine rose as high as the eye could see, and possibly even higher. To try and read every single one of the writings scrawled on the bark was as pointless as trying to count the words in an ancient text; there were simply too many. It was fortunate, then, that the Aura Guardian did not attempt to do so.

What he did sense after a few moments, however, was a breeze that blew through the clearing. It was soft and could barely be felt at first, but it took mere moments to swell as a tainted energy infused itself into the wind. Jake shivered perceptively as he felt his aura senses pick up on the darkness, while Luxio took on a defensive stance, moving in front of him. As the two looked on, the Shadow wind swirled up and around the giant tree, reaching and circling a text only barely visible high up on the trunk. Squinting, the Trainer saw that these letters were that of Unown, carved into the more ancient bark on the tree, though which letters, he could not point out.

Suddenly, a loud crackle broke the suspense. The strange breeze flashed with sinister lightning, shaking the air as it dove into the writing, the shade of the energy darkening by the second as it was absorbed into the bark. The atmosphere around the text fizzed violently, prompting Jake to shield himself with a barrier of his aura, only for the crackling to stop and the fizzing to subside, sinking into an eerie silence like before it had come. For a few tense seconds, nothing happened, as Jake and Luxio watched, not daring to move.

The phenomenon did not cease its operation. A crimson red glow appeared out of the bark, tracing one of the Unown carvings. The energy swirled in the outlines with increasing speed, hissing unnaturally all the while…until suddenly, the glow subsided, releasing fragments of Shadow energy. And as the two onlookers soon saw, an Unown, with purple and red tones in place of the usual black and white, floated down from where it was once a mere engraving in the trunk.

Emotionless and unwavering from its position, Levitating in the air between the tree trunk and Jake’s Luxio, the Unown V stared at the Trainer and Pokémon through its singular Shadowfied eye. The Electric-type stared back at the Symbol Pokémon, casting her Intimidating aura onto it and tensing up instinctively. But regardless of anything, without warning, the Unown generated blades of Shadow substance in front of itself and sent them in a concentrated Blast toward the Electric-type.

“I got this!” Jake shouted, as Luxio yelped and rolled out of the way of the Shadow move, only for the attack to burst harmlessly against the aura barrier Jake had put up earlier anyway. “Luxio, get ready to fight back!”

“Lux!” the Spark Pokémon grunted, getting to her feet again after dodging.

The Aura Guardian let his aura dome disintegrate. As the Shadow Unown V appeared to be charging up another attack, he called out for an attack of his own. “Now! Use Signal Beam!”

With a multicolored glow, Luxio formed a beam of Bug energy in her mouth, firing it toward the Shadowy lightning that the Psychic-type had just released at her. The two moves collided in a clashing explosion, and Jake followed up his order with another one. “Make that a Thunderbolt, Luxio!” he directed.

Upon hearing the command, Luxio’s body lit up with electricity. “Luxiooo!” she cried out, sending out a ray of lightning just as the Shadow Unown V retaliated with another Shadow Bolt, the two moves meeting in a shower of sparks. The Shadow Symbol Pokémon’s attack steadily pushed the Thunderbolt back, however, consuming the clean electricity and blasting the Spark Pokémon back into the nearest bush. The Electric-type climbed out with a pained look on her face, having taken a noticeable amount of damage from a move that resembled a lightning strike.

“Watch out!” the Trainer warned Luxio as she confronted the Unown. “That Shadow Bolt is no Electric move.”

Nodding, Luxio eyed the Psychic-type suspiciously. She crouched, preparing an Electric-type move and waiting for a chance to strike. As soon as the first signs of an attack showed themselves in the Shadow Unown, she leaped forward, swiping at her opponent with Spark using one of her paws. The Unown evaded the attack by floating upward, but was pinned to the ground by a second Spark after the Flashing feline made an even higher jump. Ignoring the feeling of the Shadow aura that was enveloping the Unown V, Luxio held it firmly underneath her paws, even as more of the aura emanated from its entire body.

What was concerning, however, was that this release of Shadow energy was accompanied by the Shadow Unown V seeming to warble unintelligible nonsense. Although she could not understand it, it was not long before Luxio felt a sense of increasing Panic well up inside her as she held onto the Shadow Pokémon, the feeling eventually reaching a level so intense that she gave a yelp and drew her paws back abruptly. With the Unown becoming airborne again, its attack only grew stronger, and as more of the darkened energy seeped out from it and around Luxio, the Spark Pokémon writhed around frantically.

“Luxio!” Jake called urgently. “Quick, use Psychic Fangs and try to disperse the Shadow Panic!”

Upon hearing her Trainer’s command, Luxio grew two long fangs of Psychic energy from her mouth, as a fog of that same Psychic energy spilled out of her mouth. She swung the fangs around, biting at any of the Shadowy aura she could reach. The attack proved to not be effective enough, however, and soon Luxio was forced to stop her attack and clutch her head with her paws, but even that did not stop the confusion from taking hold. The Shadow Panic attack faded, but in its place was a dull red glow that was now present over the Electric-type’s eyes.

The young Aura Guardian gritted his teeth upon seeing his Pokémon’s situation. “Remember, Luxio,” he instructed. “Focus. Make sure you can still feel yourself. Give that Shadow Unown a Swift reprimand!”

Fortunately, the Spark Pokémon was able to break past her confusion for long enough to fire golden stars from the tip of her tail and send them flying at the Unown. After executing the move, she stumbled backward, but Swift’s property of “never missing” its target ensured that the attack would hit anyway.

That is, if the Psychic-type let the attack hit. Which the Shadow Pokémon was not content to do, shooting out orbs of Hidden Power to strike and disintegrate the stars. Although a few of the Swift stars made their mark nonetheless, the Symbol Pokémon continued its barrage of Hidden Power, most of the projectiles hitting and exploding against the still-confused Luxio. Luxio tumbled backward, battling her volatile status condition.

By this time, the lynx-like Pokémon was panting, having sustained a heavy amount of damage from the attacks she had taken from the Shadow Unown V. The confusion still hovered over her, clouding her concentration and balance, and the Flash she was emitting the whole time had dimmed. The Shadow Unown V itself remained Levitating, but it had also taken a noticeable amount of damage.

Jake took the lull in the battle as an opportunity to scan the Unown’s aura. The fact that it had just used a non-Shadow move did not slip by him. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the living letter V, trying to pry around the Shadowy aura that had murkified its emotions—only to realize that the Shadowy aura seemed to block access to the Symbol Pokémon’s own aura, with no way to get rid of the hollowing obstruction other than purification. This Unown was a mere shell of its true personality, reduced down to its instincts with no emotion to accompany it.

We have to purify the Unown. Open the door to its heart. Find out what lies beneath that callous exterior, thought the Aura Guardian. We have to take it with us, out of this Realm of Shadows. He opened his eyes, now knowing the way forward. “Luxio, we have to be the light in the darkness!” the Trainer cried out, his voice backed with a sudden determination. “Use Thunder!”

Light in the darkness, light in the darkness... Those words echoed in the Spark Pokémon’s disoriented mind, over and over again...until their meaning was made clear to her at once. The confusion shattered as a blue glow surrounded Luxio’s entire body, brighter than any Flash. As the Trainer and the Shadow Pokémon watched, the Electric-type Pokémon morphed and changed, growing a larger mane, stronger legs, among changes in color patterns. This transformation only took a few seconds, a relatively simple one, and when all was said and done, the Pokémon taking a battle stance between Jake and the Shadow Unown V was now a (slightly-larger-than-average) .

“Luuux...RAAAAYY!”

As soon as her evolution was completed, the lion-like Pokémon stomped the ground with her front paws, sending an Electric Terrain rippling throughout the area and illuminating the clearing before Jake or the Unown could react. Next, she followed up the Electric Terrain with the Thunder her Trainer had commanded; with a roar aimed toward the sky, she called forth a bolt of lightning that streaked downward faster than the blink of an eye. The Thunder hit the Psychic-type dead-on, the terrain-boosted move leaving the Shadow Unown slightly smoking, but still floating. Despite the incredibly powerful attack, the stubborn Shadow Pokémon seemed to refuse to cease battling when other Pokémon would have been knocked out cold.

Regardless, Jake knew what he had to do now. The Trainer was itching to take out his Pokédex and find out exactly what Pokémon his former Luxio had become—he knew she was now a Luxray, thanks to his aura-reading abilities and background knowledge of Pokémon native to the Sinnoh region, but it was plain satisfying to see information about the species presented on the Pokédex screen—but first, this Shadow Unown V needed to be taken care of. Thus, he nodded at the Electric-type to keep an eye on the Symbol Pokémon, before taking his backpack off his back, opening one of its pockets, and withdrawing an empty Level Ball, subsequently closing the pocket.

Holding firmly onto the Level Ball with his right hand and fingering the red V-shaped mark on its front, the young Aura Guardian stood up, leaving his backpack lying beside him. Jake brought the arm with the hand holding the Level Ball back, in preparation for throwing the catching device. Then, he stepped forward and brought his arm forward with a flick of his wrist as he sent the Ball flying toward the Unown V. “Level Ball, go!”

The Level Ball sailed through the air and bounced off the Shadow Unown V before it could swat it away, opening and sucking it inside before falling to the ground. One shake, two shakes, three shakes…

Gotcha! Shadow Unown was caught! The Ball came to a stop with the Shadow Unown inside, spouting out the small stars that signaled a successful catch.

Jake smiled and walked over to the Level Ball holding his newest Pokémon. Picking it up and raising it triumphantly into the air, he exclaimed, “I just caught...a Shadow Unown!”

“Luuux!” the newly-evolved Luxray celebrated, giving a small roar.

With that, the Trainer lowered the Level Ball and looked at it in his hand. “A Shadow Unown V like you,” he murmured, his voice growing soft, “deserves a nickname to set you apart from the rest. Something that reflects your place in the alphabet, yet also represents your impure state. Hmm...I think ‘Vindicta’ would fit just fine,” Jake decided. “Rest assured, Vindicta, you’ll be safe with me—Jake Celeste—and the rest of us at the Campus of the Tech and Psychic.”

Jake put the Level Ball in his pocket with the Pokéballs containing his other Pokémon, and turned to the only other Pokémon of his that was out of her Pokéball. “Luxray,” he addressed the Electric-type. “One Shadow Pokémon is enough for today, don’t you think? Ready to get out of here?”

“Lux,” agreed the Gleam Eyes Pokémon, the category name Jake would later find her to have. She turned so that her back was to the young Aura Guardian, looked over her shoulder, and nodded her head.

“You want me to climb onto your back?” Jake asked, pointing to himself.

The lion-like Pokémon, who was around the height of her Trainer, nodded again.

Jake nodded in response. “Alright, Luxray,” he replied, first bending down and picking up his backpack off the ground and securing it on his shoulders. Leaning on the large feline, he draped his legs over her back and carefully settled himself, grabbing onto Luxray’s shoulders with both hands. “Thanks for the ride. Let’s go!”

With a short grunt, the Gleam Eyes Pokémon pushed off the ground with her back legs, leaving the Twisty Shrine behind her and emitting the Flash move as she carried Jake soundlessly through the Skewed Forest. In contrast to the long walk that led them to the Twisty Shrine, the ride back seemed to take almost no time at all, and before they knew it, they had arrived at the banks of the Virga River.

Climbing off the slightly-larger-than-average Luxray, the Trainer looked up and down the river, searching for signs of the hooded boatman in the light of the setting moon. Almost as if on cue, the boat and the one who manned it could be seen upstream, making their way down toward the aura user.

As the rowboat came to a stop next to the riverbank, Jake took a Pokéball out of his pocket and nodded at Luxray. “Thank you for your help, Luxray,” he stated. He could see the Electric-type Pokémon nod approvingly as he held up the Pokéball, and with a zap of the recall beam, Luxray was brought back to rest. The scanning of the new species Jake had registered in his Pokédex could wait, for the ferryman was beckoning him onto the boat.

The Aura Guardian climbed carefully into the old wooden boat. Once he was secured, he nodded at the hooded figure, who steadily moved the oars of the boat to travel downstream, back to where Jake had originally waited for the ferryman, Silver Umbra Coin in his hand. When they had arrived at their destination, Jake nodded at the boatman, thanking them for their services, before making his way out of the boat. As soon as he had exited, the mysterious figure rowed away from the riverbank, disappearing from sight.

No longer in the Realm where Shadows lurked, the Trainer breathed a sigh of relief as he stepped onto the bank, heading for home. However difficult it may prove to be, Jake was determined to give Vindicta the light of day, no matter how long it took. Not only for the sake of the Unown itself, but also for the sake of finding out more about the Shadow phenomenon firsthand, about whether the young Aura Guardian’s theories about Shadow Pokémon were actually correct. Besides, where did this Shadow Unown really come from, anyway?

Picking up my level 10 genderless Shadow Unown V, nicknaming it Vindicta, and putting it in a Level Ball! Declaring its Ability to be Levitate, its Hidden Power type to be Psychic, and its Shadow moves to be the following:

Vindicta learned Shadow Blast!
Vindicta learned Shadow Bolt!
Vindicta learned Shadow Panic!

Quote:
What? Luxio is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Luxio evolved into Luxray!

Luxray learned Electric Terrain!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Shops