View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
Naru
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
A compilation of current loose ends to get discussion started. Feel free to add and sorry if some of these have already been corrected or pointed out for correction, I haven’t been on top of things lately. Also, nothing of this is meant to be taken as direct criticism, please. No drama :P

SHOPS:

Daycare:
- Mention of +4 Levels for Max Bond is missing, as is whether the link to Bond is mandatory or not.
- Mention of Heart Scale’s +10 Level effect is missing.
- Personal opinion: It would be interesting to think of a way to introduce the official item Lucky Egg as a part of the game in some shape or form. Either a boost to DC Levels when held, or a similar use but limited to adventures, are two possibilities among many.
This is on me lmao. It has now been updated accordingly.

In terms of the Lucky Egg... I'm not sure I really agree with it being used in the daycare. I don't know what the level gain could feasibly be, as a solo stay already nets you two levels and a stay with max bond nets you four levels. I could see this working better within an adventure setting, myself, but that's just me.

For other things Mask stated... I think that pretty much covers everything that has been bothering me for a while as well. (However I do like Bond and don't see that much of an issue with it... but perhaps it is a discussion that deserves some merit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Well, Mask seems to have covered more or less all the big stuff, but there's a thing or two I feel merit mentioning here.

1: Maybe it should be made clear somewhere that evolving something that requires happiness or knowing a certain move does not require leveling it up immediately before said evolution. I see it every now and then, people using a Rare Candy on their Eevee or Woobat or what have you to level it up and cause it to evolve. FB's never required this. I've evolved an Eevee into Umbreon and a Yanma into Yanmega both at level 1 (Yanma can learn Ancient Power as an MT move, that's how it was possible, in case anyone's wondering about that one).

2: The Bonding Retreat should mention the fact that MT moves taught via Bond do not need to be natural MT moves. The only reason I ever knew it was allowed was by seeing other members being allowed to do it.

3: I remember this subject cropping up at one point- it should be mentioned somewhere that the Old Spice Incense isn't single-use, so people don't try and buy another one after breeding something. I remember that the sale was denied and the payment refunded rather than letting the person buy more Old Spice Incenses than was necessary, which is great, but I feel like mentioning it somewhere, avoiding the issue altogether, might be preferable.
I heavily agree with these three points that MM has made as well, I think that the rules need to be more clarified to make it easy to understand for everyone. I was fully under the impression you had to use a candy to trigger a happiness evolution (or an "abnormal" evolution) but now I'm curious if that's actually the case.

It was me that bought like three Old Spice Incenses before being told they aren't single use LMAO. I got a refund but I certainly think this needs to be clarified. (Even if you just say "Limit of 1 per customer" or something along those lines).
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote