Thread: NeoKnight Gym
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #6
Meetan
Soul Badge

With a league of gyms in the works, Fizzytopia's new year was certainly proving to be exciting. So far, Alice only had plans to visit one: a modern castle built by the father of an acquaintance whom she'd fought alongside a few times, Xander. It was off the beaten track, so the lazy idol couldn't see herself training there often, but her troublemaking mind was already wondering how much of an annoyance she could be if she just brought Too Many Magnets and let them stick to all the walls...

She'd been at home when the messages began coming in, her Starly AJ all aflutter as he came to alert the woman of what was going on. Alice was hardly in any state to be saving the world: blonde hair unbrushed, in pyjamas with no socks, failing to nap through the mayhem of a base of Pokemon playing war. But she went to check it out anyway, listening to the frantic summoning that had been left on the machine. An Aggron, too? Alice had to run a quick search to remind herself of the typical stats, and there was only one Pokemon she could think of who might perfectly suit this raid...

“Nani~” Her voice rang through the home, footsteps flighty as she rushed to her room to get changed, throwing on whatever was closest and practical while she waited for her Machoke to arrive. Soon the fighting type was at the threshold, as normal looking as most of her species except for the laurel of flowers hanging round her neck. “That new gym leader, the steel one, one of those research staff shot us a message. Apparently his Aggron has dynamaxed at the power spot and gone rogue. Do you want to come with me?”
“Mach...?” Nani questioned, looking startled at the suggestion. “Machoke...”
“I know you're not very comfortable with the idea of battling, but as match ups go, you're perfect and you're stronger than you think you are. Besides, it's not like you've never battled at all.” Alice pointed out, pulling a brush through her hair and fixing balm over her lips. Damn the winter. “Otherwise, I can take Jasper, but I'm not sure how good he'll be on this one. I really think we can do this, and it's not like we'll be on our own.” She continued, checking her bag had all that was needed inside before putting it over her jacket, “Come on, Nani. I think we've got this, you just need to have some faith in yourself.”

The Machoke looked uncertain, but it wasn't long before Axel had them warped in to the area, returned to his Love Ball with sincere thanks while Alice and her chosen partner rushed through the treeline and into the castle grounds. She was a lot more tired than her companion, whose muscles took a lot more to tire than panicked flailing of limbs, and by the time they had come upon the red beam, Alice was almost thankful to be swallowed to her doom rather than needing to ascend or descend any stairways or find the courage to jump into some abyss.

“Oh, Arceus on a bloody bike.” Alice spat, peering up at the enormous Aggron, surrounded by swirling red clouds and whatever that cursed storm was scientifically called. Nani balked at her, caught between her trainer's usual stropping and how tiny she felt opposite the beast before them. “This is an actual nightmare. You ready, Nani?”

“Machoke...”

Well, as ready as she was ever going to be...

----

((As tempting as it is to bring Jasper back into the ring, we're going to go with Nani the Machoke! Let's go, girl!))

Machoke
Spoiler: show
Nickname: Nani
Level: 50
Obtained: The Adoption Centre
Love Ball
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Guts -
Bond: 4
Contest Stats: 10
Moves: Low Kick, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Focus Energy, Karate Chop, Foresight, Low Sweep, Seismic Toss, Revenge, Vital Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Dual Chop, Submission, Bulk Up, Cross Chop, Scary Face, Dynamic Punch, Work Up, Mud Slap, Rock Smash, Power-Up Punch, Vacuum Wave, Fissure
Bio: A former assistant at the Adoption Centre, owned by its previous manager Tate, Nani is a hard worker and knowledgeable about people and Pokemon alike. She had a dramatic send off full of love and now helps take care of Alice, her fellow Pokemon and their home. While she is a capable and intelligent combatant, Nani prefers appealing herself through contests or simply keeping busy in less violent ways. She often carries Alice around like Blaze does, which is a lot less awkward that she's increased in size as a Machoke.

Last edited by Meetan; 01-15-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Writing up a role play intro orz