UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Arcanine UPN PASBL: fishyfool vs Lemon-Lime

Urggh! What in the world have I just walked into? It feels like just being in here is sapping away at my energy! Here's hoping I have enough energy to stay out this match while these two go at it!

Welcome to the Shadow World!
> to the Shadow World!
> the Shadow
> Shadow

Um, hang on.... I can't quite see.... ah, yes! There *squints* in the near distant future it seems to fishyfool meandering towards me. And somewhere near him is our good friend Lemon-Lime who appears at this moment to be in more of a parallel universe than anything else... Perhaps I shall make my way in their general direction to speed things up (what is it with me and turning up in the wrong place?)

We fight with these conditions:
4 vs 4
Single Battle
72 Hr DQ
Realistic w/o Death
Return=KO
Equievo=2

And more for me than anyone else...:
Shadow World (Advanced Indoor Custom Arena): The entire arena is an infinite plane. No beginning, no end. It is entirely flat, going on forever in each direction. The battle between the pokémon is like any other one, but as they inflict damage to each other, the trainer takes damage as well. Also, as the pokémon use energy, energy is taken away from the trainers as well. The Arena favors Dark pokémon. Every move done in this arena requires 1.3 times more energy, unless it is a Dark Type Move, or any move done by a Dark Type Pokémon. When a pokémon is KO'ed, it's trainer feels the pokémons pain as well. If at anytime, the pain is too much for the trainer, they may stop the match, forfeiting it. Also, in this arena, the Hidden Squad rule is ALWAYS in effect. As the match continues, the drain becomes heavier and heavier on the trainers, after twenty rounds, trainers can only order one or two move combos after that point. Anything can happen in this arena too, it is totally up to the ref, things like, beam attacks can just dematerialize and disappear into nothing, or pokés can grow many times their normal size, anything at all can happen, the more creative, the better. The use of this map must follow the trainer gets hurt rules, because that makes it more fun, that's the reason to fight here. I mean, if your Eevee just takes a hyper beam, you are definitely going to feel that! That makes this Arena into a fight, and a mini-RP at the same time.

Ok, so it shall be until the first trainer falls! First, as per the guidelines, PM your squad of 6 and we shall get underway! I assume you know it anyway, but I'll post the order:

- Lemon-Lime PMs me his/her squad.
- fishyfool PMs his/her squad, and sends out a Pokémon
- Lemon-Lime sends out a Pokémon and attacks
- fishyfool attacks
- I go refs the battle, and then battle order switches
- fishyfool orders an attack
- Lemon-Lime orders an attack
- etc.

OK, go forth, be merry and happy battling!
(hmmmm, why don't I see my own shadow here?)

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Re: UPN PASBL: fishyfool vs Lemon-Lime

Quote:
Lemon-Lime
My squadz.

Bouquet: Level 2 Female Roselia
Pyro: Level 2 Male Magby
Tesla: Level 2 Male Elekid
Kakashi: Level 2 Male Shroomish
Magi: Level 2 Male Lickitung
Doc: Level 2 Male Croagunk
And.... wait for it.....

Quote:
fishyfool
Iceberg: Level 2 Snover[Male]
Iceberg's story is a cruel and arduous one. Having escaped narrowly from a natural forest fire, Iceberg found itself lost in alien lands. Naturally it treated everythng as hostile and attacked with no warning. I found him close to death in a small ravine, and took it home with me, where I toiled day and night to bring it back to full health. Iceberg has stayed with me ever since that day, and has grown to tolerate some heat.

Special Training: Heat Treatment.
The fire and the lack of cold air has taken its toll physically on Iceberg, though it never killed him. Due to this in part, Fire attacks do only three times the damage, rather than four times. This has also resulted in Iceberg ironically taking 50% more damage from ice attacks.

Diarrhoea, level 2 Stunky (Male)

Diarrhoea obtained his name from the fact that when people were near him, they usually shat themselves hastily. Being a trusty team member, he found himself at a major flaw in the fact that he usually ends up making pain to his allies as well as himself at times, and so sought to control these points, and eventually succeeded in creating a move that works with the natural biology of Stunky in knowledge.

Signature move: Liquid Flatulence(special attack)

What with the fact that under realistic terms, skunks normally spray liquid. Diarrhoea took this to note and developed this sig move for the situation. By condensing the gas he makes, Diarrhoea can turn his internally stored toxins into a aqueous solution, which in short means he farts foul liquid. This liquid has a few effects, and at the most basic level will deter the foe from attacking and lowering their offensive ability. With a prolonged spray, the victim has a 30% chance of being poisoned, and if they are, a 25% chance of the poison being bad. Thirdly, this liquid may also, should it enter the systems of a pokemon, be it blood or digestive, if the victim is organic and not poisonous of nature, then the pokemon will proceed to lose control of their stomach and promptly throw up, resulting in a move being lost by them as they eject these things. Liquid Flatulence can be used three times a battle, and takes the energy of a Sludge Bomb to use, and due to the nature, Diarrhoea loses the ability to use Poison Gas, Toxic, Smog and Memento.

Raverz: Level 2 Feebas[Male]

What is there to say about Raverz? He's a deity cursed to become a fish? Unlikely. This little Feebas, understandably rare, has led the life of most fish, finding itself on my hook. Unlike most fish, instead of selling them to the nearest chippy, I decided to keep Raverz to see if it has any hidden potential.

No signature move.

Echidna: Level 2 Tangela[Female]
Echidna has been a part of my life ever since she was dug up as a suspected weed. Since then, she has grown to be a rather hyperactive pokemon, made stronger by her clever use of water for her own benefit.

Special Training: Aquasynthesis.
Sunshine makes Echidna rather faint in high concentrations, so Echidna took to dancing in the rain. As a result, she moves faster in the rain than in the harsh sunlight, which strives to hurt her for the same damage as regular poisoning every turn.

Pocha, level 2 Drowzee (M)

Pocha was born to a rather disturbed family, and cursed with a name normally associated with penguins and mascots. In his growth, he has been practically tormented by his owner's children, who routinely had to be sent to sleep by him every night, and eventually he snapped and was thrown out. In the urban wild, Pocha was naturally taken in by your average feral street gang, and hastily rose among the ranks, until a chance encounter with one Crawdaunt sent him out of his power and resulted in him drifting down a river, where he eventually banked where I was training, and naturally I took him in, seeking a psychic type. Upon his arrival, he fell ill with some virus, but got over it and learned a move in the meantime.

Special training: Migraine!!!

Due in part to the virus, Pocha can use Psycho Boost once during battle, and as soon as he does, his ability to use psychic attacks is blocked for the rest of the battle. Furthermore, he must use it in the first three turns of his entry or not at all, and he is left mentally drained and unable to use energy moves for a turn afterwards.

Shuttle: Level 2 Shedinja [Neutral]
It is said that if a pokemon were to lose their heart, the empty shell left behind would continue to exist as a 'Nobody'...or would were it following Kingdom hearts ruling. Shuttle, naturally, is a follower of this, and as such has perfected the art of faking emotion.
fishy sends out and away we go!!

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Raves
...try a little harder.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves

I'll lead with...Echidna!

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Equilevel 4 is bad. Don't do bad, m'kay?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo
Equilevel 4 is bad. Don't do bad, m'kay?
OMG Oops! Totally my bad - fixed now. Pls forgive....

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

(I forgot to level my Pokes up, so I'll be sending out accordingly, m'kay?)

Pyro (Lv. 2 Magby), let's roast this overgrown vine.

Flamethrower it before it can do anything, then a quick Confuse Ray.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
Raves
...try a little harder.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Flamethrower'll hurt, so counter with a bout of Wall forme Reflect, then bean him with a sludge bomb to hopefully sponge up much of the ray and to make Lemon feel rather sickly.

And on that note, Shuttle is a SHEDINJA.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Gah! I can't get anything perfect - oh well.... we'll get there! *feels preety stupid* Apologies, and now on with the show!

And what a match up we have here today! fishy sends out his beloved Echidna, a female Tangela, to do battle with Lemon's Pyro, species: Magby, male.

As soon as the two begin to face-off the trainers issue their commands and I feel a shock wave as Pyro begins to move. He runs as fast as he can towards the Tangela and suddenly stops, surprised. The Tangela is way much bigger than usual! At 2.5 times the normal size or more! He then remembers he's suppose to be attacking and lets out an almighty Flamethrower. Echidna sees this all happening and forms the required Reflect just in time. However, the strength of the Flamethrower was a little too much and she took some minor damage in the process. *fishy looks singed* The Magby tries again with a Confuse Ray, the Tangela not being quite fast enough or far enough away to properly dodge, gets hit and starts moving in a erratic way. However, Echidna still seems to be thinking one thing - KILL THAT THING and with that she releases the Sludge Bomb. It flies any which way with there being no real pattern to how it falls. While Pyro watches with glee at the sight he's created, he fails to notice how one of the bombs is heading his way and BAM! Sludge everywhere! *Lemon feels sick*

Pyro has used less energy than the Tangela and has taken some damage. He still has heaps left in him. Echidna used a little more energy due to that Reflect than the Magby, and has also taken some damage. I'd say that they are basically equal in terms of health lost. Anyway, she still has heaps left in her as well.

The battle rages on with both trainers looking worse for air and I having to dodge to bomb as well - luckily it wasn't well-aimed. We'll see just how long these trainers last in here, not to mention me as well.

fishy then Lemon

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
Raves
...try a little harder.

Echidna, YOU'RE HUGE SO YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS.

Give him a HUGE POWER WHIP, then proceed to rush him with a HUGE ANCIENTPOWER.

/caps.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

*barfu*

YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS

Fire Punch to stop its whipping, then meet its Ancientpower w/ some Iron Tail magic.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #11
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Still slightly scared of the massively huge Tangela, the Magby tries to whack it with a Fire Punch. Even thought the attack was a bit timid, it was easy to hit such a huge target and, wait..... no...... there are vines on fire! This stops any attempt of the Power Whip as Echidna spends the time moving vines as fast as possible to put the flames out. Crisis averted, but both Echidna and fishy look worse for wear... The overgrown weed begins to charge her entire HUGE body with Rock energy for a massive Ancient Power. Pyro waits for the right moment, and in the process notices that the movement of the Tangela is a heap slower than usual. Anyway, he seems to hit the Ancient Power head on with his Iron Tail and a massive explosion is heard in perhaps 5 different places (who knew there were invisible walls that could rebounded the sound?) As the smoke clears, we can now see no less than 6 Magby's on the field! They seem to be surrounding the monstrous Tangela by having each of the magyby occupy a vertex of a hexagon.

Okay, um what the? Your guess is as good as mine, I can't tell at all which one is the real one from all the shadow ones. There seem to be some invisible walls somewhere nearby and I think I just heard a cry from over yonder... *points wildly* Yeah, um, it was over there....

Tangela is HUGE, however, she and fishy are looking fairly worse for wear, having taken some decent damage from the FirePunch and aftermath, plus some extra recoil damage from the explosion of the two attacks. I can't quite see through the mass of vines whether she is starting to breathe a little more heavily, but I can say thats he looks like she has a lot left in her - her energy is slowly depleting as well, but there will be quite a few rounds to go...

Magby is now one of 6 clones on the field. On the health side of things, he is faring better than his opponent, but has used more energy this round, so this puts them about equal in terms of energy. He still has a long way to go...

Lemon then fishy

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

Smog up the area around her quickly, then try for a Fire Blast.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #13
Raves
...try a little harder.

Smog won't explode on you, so ignore it and flash before Fire Blast comes in, then konk the Magby army out with a generous dose of sleep powder.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #14
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Echidna is beginning to move like she could be in slow-mo... and the Smog *cough cough* covers everything.

Caliban: I can't see a thing in this!
Raigi: so what?

The Tangela tries a Flash on for size and finds that it lights the entire arena. The Magby were still close, and even through the thick, now purple coloured, Smog it seems they are all feeling the pain of the bright light. Way off in the distance, some weird-looking walls can be seen and three shadows hid behind them fast enough to be unidentifiable. Six Pyro's let off a Fire Blast and an almighty CRACK is heard for miles

and miles

and miles

Fire and Smog light up everything, they collide, and the gas rapidly expands with the heat that I get blown away. Both fishy and Lemon have been blow from where they were standing and are feeling the pain and are burning in places - i can't seem to find any hair on my arms and legs. Luckily for Echidna, the blast blew away the 5 clones of the Pyro, but unfortunately since the arena is now lit up, she is back to her normal size. She runs an her single opponent and rustles like crazy. Pollen filled with Sleep Powder is born and settles all over Pyro, one whiff, and he's.... wait for it.... ZZZZZZZ.

Loban: now why am i feeling.... slee.... ZZZZZ

Echidna is definitely the worst in terms of health, and her breathing is audible. a few more attacks like that and she will go down. Energy-wise, she didn't use much this round, so is doing well.
Pyro took a heap of explosion damage from his own attack, but is still better than the Tangela. For energy, he looks tired - not enough to make him go down on one knee, though. Still a lot left in him.
fishy and Lemon are breathing heavily as well, the battle taking its toll.

fishy then Lemon

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
Raves
...try a little harder.

Wait a damn minute...I thought Smog wasn't flammable, according to a few accounts scattered across the PASBL and words by Muyo a few times about these things.

That aside, proceed to swords dance into an almighty frustration from all those fire moves on his sleeping ass.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

Snore to stop the Swords Dance, then Sleep Talk to stop his Frustration.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #17
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Unless I was mistaken, the rules for that attack are:

Smog (PO) -- The user exhales a thick cloud of vision-reducing smoke at the opponent, which not only is possibly poisonous if inhaled, but also rather explosive if ignited.

However, you could also put it down to the arena as well... Anyway we begin this round with ZZZZZZZZZ OMG it's soooo loud that my ears are hurting... oh no, hang on! That's a Snore from the Magby and mighty damn loud. The Tangela tried her best to use a Swords Dance but the rhythm was off, possibly due to only the volume of the Snore, but most likely due to the sound waves washing over her, creating a certain dizzyness to her spins... This only further angers Echidna. And she starts running towards that DAMN FIRE-TYPE to vent his Frustration. In the process, Pyro tries a Sleep Talk, but to no avail, just some mumbling was heard. Tangela, still running at the Magby realises that the ground just seemed to open up, and she fell through. Hurtling dowards for what seems like an eternity, the Tangela reappears just above the sleeping thing and hits it with an almighty Frustration-filled attack.

Caliban: um.... if you don't mind me coming over and watching as well.... I think i need to make it clear that you just stole that from Portal

NO, I didn't

Caliban: Yes you did, no stop arguing an ref!

Oh, ok... so um... where was i? Ah yes, there has been an explosion, and it looks like there is a very tired and still sleeping Magby and a Tangela near it.

Echidna used a fair amount of energy this round, and only took minor damage from the sound waves. Her breathing is very audible now, and she looks a little droopy around her vines. Health is good in the sense that it is now probably a fraction better than the Magby's.
Pyro is still asleep, and took a heap of damage this round from the ultimate-angry attack. His health is just below that of his opponents, and as far as i can tell he still has some energy left.

Lemon looks terrible. That attack having made hi double over in pain. fishy is feeling like the air is being sucked of him and is losing energy fast...

Lemon then fishy

P.S. Sorry about the late post

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #18
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

*flails about in agony* Sleep Talk, then if you're awake, Sesimic Toss. If not, Sleep Talk.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
Raves
...try a little harder.

Still sleeping? Lazy baby...

Ancientpower him while he snoozes, then should he wake up, stun spore to make sure he stays sessile. If he's still asleep, then just giga drain him.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #20
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Pyro begins this round by using a Sleep Talk, and it turns out to be a Fire Spin! As the Tangela comes in to attack with the Ancientpower, she gets slammed by the fire attack instead. Cursing, she gets stuck inside the attack. However, perhaps due to something shifting somewhere in the Shadow Zone, the Fire seems to dissipate. Using the opportunity she sees before her, she tries to start pulling the energy out of the Magby with a Giga Drain at which point Pyro wakes up. He has taken a beating, but still wants to fight! And stops for a second to remember what Lemon-Lime told him....

Caliban: Pssst! It was Seismic Toss....

Aha! And the Magby runs at the fairly immobile Echidna, picks her up, spins her around and throws her at the ground nearby. Impressive for a baby!

Echidna has taken more damage this round and is now standing in a rather awkward fashion, probably trying not to fall over... Her energy is slowly depleting as she didn't get much back from the interrupted Giga Drain. Pyro definitely looks rested, but has taken a beating and is probably worse off on Health. Energy-wise, he just chucked out a Fire Spin while sleeping, so is definitely lower than the Tangela. Not long to go now with either of them. The next round may be their last, especially due to how hard the Magby is now breathing....

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #21
Raves
...try a little harder.

O RITE.

Echidna, feel free to fire a shock wave at Pyro, then deliver some hidden power luv.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

Confuse Ray,Psychic.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #23
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

sorry about the delay guys

This round begins with Pyro having a go at the Tangela with a Confuse Ray. Due to her inability to react fast enough now, the attack hits home, and poor Echidna is confused. In her delirium, she fires of a Shock Wave, and low and behold, it still whacks the Magby for a good hit. After the smoke caused from the attack, Pyro can be seen straining to stand. His eyes take on a rather pink colour, and then he falls to ground with that look in his eyes.

Pyro is unable to battle!

Echidna decides the second attack isn't worth it, but is still teetering a bit. Her energy and health are so low, I can't quite tell if she'll make it or not. A creek is heard somewhere in the depths of the Shadow Realm

Lemon-Lime sends out and attacks, the fishyfool

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #24
Lemon~Lime
Pokemon Trainer

The Doc will see you now, Ms. (?) Echidna.

End it quickly. x2 Poison Jab.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
Raves
...try a little harder.

Confusion as he comes in, then muster your last vestiges of energy in a doomsday leaf storm. Go out with a bang!

Unruly Premonition.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL