UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Celebi The Arcane Realm's Recorded History

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
- No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
- When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
- If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
- I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

New Thread 21/08/2007
New Thread 30/12/2012

Last edited by enchantress; 04-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Current Arcane Realm Staff

Koala Devourer (UPN/Bulbagarden Mod)
enchantress (UPN/Serebii/Bulbagarden Mod)

Subject to change.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
From atop the hill, Cyrus could see a towering forest of oaks and maples before his very eyes. The canopy looked verdant in the brilliant summer light, but he knew better: one quick look at the forest floor told Cyrus all he needed to know.

"Come on, Celes. There's bound to be some Pokémon inside that forest."
"CHIKA!"

Cyrus's Chikorita bounded over the grass, joining Cyrus atop the hill. Passers-by might have thought they made quite the pair -- her lovely broad leaf blowing in the wind, the color of her skin matching Cyrus's cotton tee. His hair, too, was blowing in the wind -- blonde and brown tufts of hair blowing every which way. Some might have thought it a little queer that Cyrus let his Chikorita walk along side him, but Cyrus wouldn't -- couldn't -- have it any other way. He felt it was ... too cruel to have Chikorita stay inside her PokéBall on such a gorgeous day as this.

"Grass Pokémon belong to days like these, don't they, Celes?"
"CHIKA!"
And with the afternoon sun warming their backs, Cyrus and Celes bounded off across the grass ... towards the Forest of Adventure ... not knowing what adventures lay in wait ...

Since I won't be updating my sig forseeably soon, I will create a tiny link to my registration post at the bottom of every reply, as in this post.
Cyrus's registration post

EDITED FOR CORRECTIONS - last edited 4:41 PM GMT (or 5:41 PM British Summer Time)
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Talon: Venturing through the forest with Celes by your side, the morning sun filtering through the canopy of leaves above sends streaks of sunlight dancing across the forest floor. The sounds of nature surround you as you travel deeper into the woods, while a gentle breeze causes the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. Celes romps playfully, chasing a cluster of leaves flitting about, but soon stops short when she hears a faint cry coming from nearby. Listening intently, she hears the cry again before taking off into the brush to see what is wrong. Left with no choice but to race after her, you find yourself emerging into a clearing where a rather distressed Oddish is clearly being harassed by a nasty looking Mankey. Oddish has some claw marks on its cheek, and is clearly no match for its assailant. Hearing movement from behind it, the Mankey looks around, seeing both you and Celes watching. It glares savagely at you, clearly warning you off, before turning its attention back to the terrified Oddish...
Old 05-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Talon: Venturing through the forest with Celes by your side, the morning sun filtering through the canopy of leaves above sends streaks of sunlight dancing across the forest floor. The sounds of nature surround you as you travel deeper into the woods, while a gentle breeze causes the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. Celes romps playfully, chasing a cluster of leaves flitting about, but soon stops short when she hears a faint cry coming from nearby. Listening intently, she hears the cry again before taking off into the brush to see what is wrong. Left with no choice but to race after her, you find yourself emerging into a clearing where a rather distressed Oddish is clearly being harassed by a nasty looking Mankey. Oddish has some claw marks on its cheek, and is clearly no match for its assailant. Hearing movement from behind it, the Mankey looks around, seeing both you and Celes watching. It glares savagely at you, clearly warning you off, before turning its attention back to the terrified Oddish...
Brushing burrs off of his jeans, Cyrus absent-mindedly reached for his PokéBall before he remembered that Celes was already out. His gut instinct told him to pacify the situation, but his mind caught up quickly, and Cyrus cursed to himself, realizing that he lacked the means to put the Mankey to sleep or to heal the Oddish's pain. Unable to bear seeing a Pokémon in peril, his frustration turning into defiant anger, Cyrus launched his attack at the savage Mankey.

"Celes! Use Growl attack, now! Follow it up with a Tackle!"
"CHIKA!"

Old 05-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.
"I'm so excited to explore the ocean on a boat Saturn," Aria walked towards the small beat-up looking boat, ready to get in with his partner Pokemon, Treecko. "Tree-cko..." Saturn mumbled, a little wary of the seas. Aria turned to his Dratini watch which read, "4:54". The watch was special to him, it was a gift from his mom on his 6th birthday before she passed away. Sure it was old, had scratches all over it, and beeped unceasingly at times, but none of that mattered because it was a gift from the woman who taught him so many things about life and Pokemon.

"Let's hurry Saturn, before the night falls on us!" he kidded as his Treecko was already having a hard time on the boat. "Saturn, i'm going to need you to dip your tail into the water and use it as a propeller, alright?" Aria questioned his Pokemon waiting for a reply. "TREE-KO!" Saturn agreed enthusiastically as they headed deeper into the ocean...

registration
Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Talon: Unable to turn your back on the distressed Oddish and go your own way, you immediately instruct Celes to step in and help.

Eager to aide a fellow Pokémon, Celes releases a battle cry before growling viciously at Mankey. Turning around slowly, the pig-nosed primate glares at Celes in a way that will have any trainer wondering if they've made the right decision in pitting an inexperienced teammate against such a bully of a Pokémon.

Mankey's evil stare does little to deter Celes however, and she charges forward, prepared to send this impudent ape flying. Mankey is no fool though, and just before Celes makes contact with a tackle that could have sent her opponent reeling for a six, Mankey leaps into the air performing a somersault, swiping Celes while in midair, and scratching her across the back.

Crying out with a combination of surprise and pain, Celes turns around, facing Mankey who has landed on the forest floor only inches from her. Mankey's expression is smug, while Celes glares back in defiance. She may have been outsmarted this time, but she won't be falling for that trick again...

Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Coordinator: First and foremost, you cannot control your environment in any way. From discovering a boat on your own, to deciding the weather. Your updator will do that for you, so here we go...

Arriving on the shore of a beautiful stretch of beach, you look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom.

Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on the vast sandy beach which stretches for at least six miles along the coast. Walking along slowly, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere on the beach when you kick something in the sand. Looking down you see it's a bottle with a piece of paper inside. Curious, you pick it up, removing the paper and unfolding it to see some kind of map which appears to give the location of a sunken shipwreck roughly ten miles offshore. The word
TREASURE marked in big red letters stands out plain as day, but before you have the opportunity to take a closer look a loud screech from above is the only warning you have before a Wingull swoops down and rips the paper out of your hands. Flying several metres up the beach, it lands on the sand before starting to tear the paper to shreds with its rather sharp beak. Better do something quickly if you want that map back...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.
Rudo stared at the structure that faced him; a tomb, filled with the treasures and relics of long-deceased kings, they said – the very cause of his adventure. His mind had conjured prospects of priceless caches, stunning jewellery and breathtaking antiquities – all attainable through sheer cunning and lightning dexterity. It was a dream worth living, and worth attempting.

His precious charms and curiosities jingled in the empty breeze, in particular a silver bell that hung with a fine chain from his left chest pocket. It tapped the miniscule sphere alongside it, a Pokeball enclosing his Gligar, Alonso. Rudo tugged at the maroon sleeve of his outfit and adjusted his buckled linens, a frilled yet discoloured cuff quivering in unison with his grubby fingers. Rudo frowned at his reaction, it was unlike him.

With one wide stride, he made for the tomb’s entrance, the resolute stomps provoking a tinkling in his metal-embellished attire. His uncertainties were soon to be ascertained.

..:.:....:.:..
The Theif The Operator The Sentinel

The Jewel
Old 06-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

Talon: Unable to turn your back on the distressed Oddish and go your own way, you immediately instruct Celes to step in and help.

Eager to aide a fellow Pokémon, Celes releases a battle cry before growling viciously at Mankey. Turning around slowly, the pig-nosed primate glares at Celes in a way that will have any trainer wondering if they've made the right decision in pitting an inexperienced teammate against such a bully of a Pokémon.

Mankey's evil stare does little to deter Celes however, and she charges forward, prepared to send this impudent ape flying. Mankey is no fool though, and just before Celes makes contact with a tackle that could have sent her opponent reeling for a six, Mankey leaps into the air performing a somersault, swiping Celes while in midair, and scratching her across the back.

Crying out with a combination of surprise and pain, Celes turns around, facing Mankey who has landed on the forest floor only inches from her. Mankey's expression is smug, while Celes glares back in defiance. She may have been outsmarted this time, but she won't be falling for that trick again...
"Alright," Cyrus thought, "We need to make Mankey come to us. That was our mistake: we rushed in too soon and played into his hand." But how to defeat this cheeky little monkey? This forest was Mankey's home; as such, he knew it far better than either Cyrus or Celes did. Cyrus thought about distracting the Mankey somehow; but he didn't want to put his Chikorita into unnecessary harm. After all, the entire point of this operation had been to try and avert danger, to try and help out Oddish ... Oddish ... ODDISH!

"That's it!" Cyrus shouted.
"Chika?" Celes stole a quick glance towards her trainer, totally puzzled.
"Celes! Change of plans! We're not going to chase after Mankey ..."
"Chika?"
"... instead, we're going to get in between him and Oddish!"

Before anybody had time to react to Cyrus's words, he was halfway across the clearing, planting himself firmly in between Oddish and the others. "If Mankey wants to get to Oddish, he has to get past us, right?" Cyrus winked at Celes.
"CHIKA!" Celes's voice rang defiantly, a hint of confidence returned to her eyes.

"At first, I thought we didn't have any territorial advantages to work off. But then I realize, we're in a clearing! Which means Mankey lacks access to his greatest resource: trees! Without any treelimbs hanging overhead to grab onto, he can't swing past us to get to Oddish. Which means so long as we stand in between him and Oddish, we reduce his options and force him to make the next move. Right?" Cyrus winked again.
"CHIKA!"

Cyrus turned his eyes from Celes to the frenzied Mankey. "You hear that? We're not going to let you pick on Oddish! It's three against one, Mankey! And we've figured out your strategy! Since we're in a clearing, you have no means of swinging overhead to get past us to Oddish. And ... the same strength of that flip you just showed us is also its greatest weakness." Cyrus couldn't tell if Mankey was buying it. He'd come this far, though. Better press on! "The weakness of a flip is this: once you're in the air, you can't change directions. With no limbs to grab on to, you fly through the air on one set path! Which means ..."
"CHIKA!"
"... we'll give you a choice. Leave Oddish alone, or prepare to experience the full force of one of Celes's Tackle attacks!"

Cyrus talked big, but sweat was beading down the sides of his face. His clenched fists were trembling from a mixture of adrenaline and testosterone coursing through his veins. How would Mankey react? Would this bluff work? Cyrus knew it was risky. Mankey is a fighting-type Pokemon. It could easily kick Cyrus's butt if things turned sour. And he could tell that Mankey was less than amused by the long chat Cyrus had just had with Celes. Would Cyrus and Celes be able to catch Mankey offguard if he decided to go for another aerial assault? Would Mankey turn tail and leave? Or had Cyrus overlooked a crucial detail? And would he and Celes be eating knuckle sandwich in just two seconds?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Coordinator: First and foremost, you cannot control your environment in any way. From discovering a boat on your own, to deciding the weather. Your updator will do that for you, so here we go...

Arriving on the shore of a beautiful stretch of beach, you look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom.

Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on the vast sandy beach which stretches for at least six miles along the coast. Walking along slowly, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere on the beach when you kick something in the sand. Looking down you see it's a bottle with a piece of paper inside. Curious, you pick it up, removing the paper and unfolding it to see some kind of map which appears to give the location of a sunken shipwreck roughly ten miles offshore. The word
TREASURE marked in big red letters stands out plain as day, but before you have the opportunity to take a closer look a loud screech from above is the only warning you have before a Wingull swoops down and rips the paper out of your hands. Flying several metres up the beach, it lands on the sand before starting to tear the paper to shreds with its rather sharp beak. Better do something quickly if you want that map back...
"Saturn go!" Aria shouted as he released Treecko out of its Poke Ball. "Saturn I want you to get that map from Wingull and return it back to me ASAP. Saturn hastly ran towards the Wingull ready to attack, but only inches away from Wingull he tripped on the slippery sand and landed on its face. "Tree-ckooo..." he moaned due to the hard hit he had just received. Saturn was unable to move and therefore Aria returned him back to his Poke Ball. "If Saturn can't do this then I have no choice but to retrieve back that map myself." Aria launched himself towards the Wingull in hopes of catching it and yanking the map out of its mouth.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

"...Mediville, eh?" mused the novice trainer. No one would have expected that this young man would make an appearance at the edge of the bustling village with the intention of starting his journey there. He looked quite the odd sight -- messy jet-black hair, black and silver glasses, laboratory coat, jeans, black shirt with a Duskull's skull design on the front and rather rugged sports shoes. He wouldn't look out of place in a professor's laboratory, or amongst a super nerd congregation, trading cards and surfing the Internet.

But here he was, nonetheless. Waiting to see if his aptitude for knowledge and tactics would take him to places he'd never seen before, except on encyclopedias and image hosting sites. Next to his head, the signature Pokémon of his shirt floated silently, as if in thought like his trainer.

"Come on, Grim," Shadow beckoned gently to his Duskull partner as he started walking down a dirt road leading to the village. "Let's get started..."

Shadow's Registration Post

Edited to include regispost, and correct some English.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 06-05-2007, 12:57 AM   #12
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

The harsh mid-day sun pierced my eyes, as creme colored sand brushed against my bloodshot aqua colored eyes. It has been years, since I have last trekked across this arid wasteland, but now curiosity and insanity both tug the chains of my longing to once again feel the searing heat, and push my toes against the loose sands. On my left shoulder a yellow colored avian was glaring at my face with it's sullen dinner plate shaped eyes,

"Why in the name of your species primitive deities are we scotching our noggins in this treeless hellhole?!" Vatsima the Noctowl cried. Though I have grown to tolerate his high pitched whiny toned vocals over the last two years we've been together, there has been times where I wish I could snap his wings into twigs, and leave him as a offering to the wild beasts in return for safe passage in the wilds of the world,

"Exploration my dear friend. We're here to find anything of use and wonder to gaze our eyes upon." but Vatsima did not seem impressed, not accepting of this claim. Before he could reply the desert winds began to intensify in their malice. The cries of sandshrews and trapinches echoed in the area as the sound of cacnea's bracing their stubby bodies for the next rampage the elements have planned for the wastes.

Without any hesitation, we both began to trek across the deserts in search for the odd, and the valuable.

(Here is my registration post to show proof that I do have a noctowl, and his moves in the event we do battle: viewtopic.php?p=188338#p188338)
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Talon: Noticing you move to block off its direct path to Oddish, Mankey ignores Celes for the time being and glares threateningly at you, its eyes narrowing further and further with each word escaping your lips. Its clear as day after you finish speaking that Mankey has not called your bluff, and this fact more than anything is what has the sweat beading on the side of your face finally begin to trickle down your neck. Mankey simply stares at you for several seconds and you can almost see its mind ticking over as it studies you with an expression not unlike that of a tiger mulling over which piece of its prey it wants to tear apart first. Slowly and deliberately, never taking its eyes off yours, Mankey reaches out and whacks Celes in the head, a sadistic grin spreading across its face as Celes looks up at it, momentarily dumbfounded.

Realising the trouble you're both in, and that she should probably have moved away from the crazy monkey sooner, the expression on Celes' face turns from one of bewilderment to one of determination. Fortunately Mankey doesn't consider her a threat, its gaze still fixed on you with its smug grin becoming wider by the second, when Celes suddenly leaps toward it, ramming it in the gut with a full force tackle attack. Mankey's expression soon changes from smug to shocked, its eyes practically bulging out of its head as it reels backward before coming to a humiliating and painful stop as it skids to a halt on its butt.

Watching Celes' first battle begin to unfold, you hear small whimpering coming from behind you. Oddish is not only in pain from the scratches on its tiny round body, but is now shivering violently, terrified beyond belief as Mankey rises to its feet, its gaze now fixed firmly on the little Chikorita who has stepped in to help defend it against its brutal attacker...

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Walking along the main street of the quaint little farming village of Mediville, you're pleasantly surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops are a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you're familiar with, so you take your time to see the sights it has to offer. You're soon distracted though, when you hear a loud male voice coming from one of the nearby shops.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing! Drop that and get out of here!"

Before hearing a female voice reply, "Don't worry old man, I've got what I came for. Let's go Zero!"

Within moments you see a woman dressed in skin tight black pants and shirt which has an unfamiliar red logo on the front, racing out of an antique shop about 10 metres ahead of you. She's carrying a sack over her shoulder while racing past you with a little Pichu hot on her heals who is wearing a black cape and robbers mask whilst brandishing a little penknife around like a sword.

You blink, almost positive you're hallucinating, before it dawns on you that something is most definitely not right here. Pichu gives you an evil grin, and prepares to slash you with its little "sword" if you don't get out of its way...

Desert of Illusion

SulcataIxlude: As soon as your registration post is corrected, I'll write you an update ^-^

Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

Ollie: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:

[center:1331e]Within these walls great treasures lie
But watch your step or you will die,
Many trials await the one true soul
Where others fail he'll reach his goal,
Only the worthy will pass the tests
While those who aren't will forever rest,
But even he will need a guide
From one who in the darkness hides,
A thief himself but with cunning and wit
Who has survived perils of the darkest pits,
So lift all veils from your eyes
To see him in his natural guise.
[/center:1331e]

Mulling over the words, you're soon distracted from your thoughts by the sound of scuttling from behind. Turning around, you see nothing before noticing an urn in the corner of the room that you hadn't previously paid any attention to. Taking a closer look, you notice a small movement in the tiny area of shadow cast behind the urn. Whatever it is, it apparently doesn't want to be seen...

Coordinator: Not entirely confident with Saturn's ability to aide you in this situation, you decide to go after Wingull yourself, racing up the beach and launching yourself at the little water bird before it can shred the map any further. Wingull releases a surprised, "CAW!" before taking flight with part of the map in its beak and flying away into the distance.

With a mouthful of sand for your efforts, you quickly grab what is left of the map, scanning it to see how much has been damaged, when you hear amused chuckling coming from nearby. Turning your head, you notice an elderly gentleman watching you who appears to be highly amused by your antics.

"Bold little devils they are," he says with a hint of laughter still in his voice. "They'll steal a meal right out from under you if you're not paying attention."

Walking down the sand, the man reaches out his hand to help you up.

"The name's Abe," he says, with a friendly smile. "I sure hope that Wingull there hasn't destroy anything important...".
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #14
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: Walking along the main street of the quaint little farming village of Mediville, you're pleasantly surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops are a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you're familiar with, so you take your time to see the sights it has to offer. You're soon distracted though, when you hear a loud male voice coming from one of the nearby shops.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing! Drop that and get out of here!"

Before hearing a female voice reply, "Don't worry old man, I've got what I came for. Let's go Zero!"

Within moments you see a woman dressed in skin tight black pants and shirt which has an unfamiliar red logo on the front, racing out of an antique shop about 10 metres ahead of you. She's carrying a sack over her shoulder while racing past you with a little Pichu hot on her heals who is wearing a black cape and robbers mask whilst brandishing a little penknife around like a sword.

You blink, almost positive you're hallucinating, before it dawns on you that something is most definitely not right here. Pichu gives you an evil grin, and prepares to slash you with its little "sword" if you don't get out of its way...

Shadow tensed as his brain started to buzz like a Beedrill swarm. Black clothes, mask and a huge sack; it didn't take a genius to wager that the woman that had passed him by was a thief. Knowing his physical limits, Shadow realised at once that giving chase to the female rogue would be futile. Then again, he couldn't stop and do nothing.

His mind focused once more on the Pichu and the penknife. If he was to have an inkling of a chance of stopping that thief, it laid on her Pichu. Shadow assumed that the Pichu belonged to the woman considering the similar outfit and presence of a nickname. If the woman had any shred of decency, she would come back for her Pokemon at once.

Of course, he had no idea what to do after that, but the least he could do was stall for time. And there wasn't any left to think with.

"Grim, stop that runt!" he ordered. "Leer to stop it in its tracks, then Night Shade to blast that penknife away! You're ethereal, so it won't hurt you!"

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 06-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #15
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Ollie: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:

[center:e7fd3]Within these walls great treasures lie
But watch your step or you will die,
Many trials await the one true soul
Where others fail he'll reach his goal,
Only the worthy will pass the tests
While those who aren't will forever rest,
But even he will need a guide
Who has survived perils of the darkest pits,
[/center:e7fd3]

Mulling over the words, you're soon distracted from your thoughts by the sound of scuttling from behind. Turning around, you see nothing before noticing an urn in the corner of the room that you hadn't previously paid any attention to. Taking a closer look, you notice a small movement in the tiny area of shadow cast behind the urn. Whatever it is, it apparently doesn't want to be seen...
[center:e7fd3]Many thanks on a wonderful update, I was very pleased with this one ^^.[/center:e7fd3]

Thumb beneath his chin, his ringed fingers lingered by his lip, lightly tapping every so often while wide eyes surveyed the enclosing tomb. A corridor proceeded before him, and it was with broad steps that Rudo followed.
The sound of his jingling march reverberated off stone walls as if frantic to escape; darkness enveloped the distance and the daylight behind him shrunk hopelessly amid the encasing walls. Though the thought of forsaking treasure for the sanctuary of daylight never even entered Rudo’s mind, and he continued on without hesitation, nonchalantly brushing the walls at his flanks to guide him.

A flickering glow ahead of him caused his heart to jolt, and his gaze focused upon the light as though anxious for relief from the darkness. Lowering his arms, Rudo proceeded into a torch-lit room, four tight-knit walls encasing naught but the glow of fire. Although, there were carvings that graced the walls, depicting ancient tales of a long-dead civilization, the basis upon which his search for treasure was placed – “ well-informed ” he mused with a satisfied smile.

He glanced about him, and reclined his head as an inscription piqued his fancy. Nearing it so his nose almost touched the sandstone and using his decorated finger to trace the lines, he read the peculiar poem, and turned to completely the opposite direction as he finished - a frown upon his brow. Odd.

Rudo peeped as a scuttling took his attention, and he cocked his head at the recognition of an urn that also occupied the room. It cast a shadow which concealed something, something inconceivable. Something incredibly or unbearably horrid, perhaps.

Cowardice was not the word to describe Rudo’s perception of a sudden addition to the room, not by a long shot, so he thought. He considered it more…tactical to scurry to the opposite side of the room and reluctantly glance to see what it was behind the urn. Which of course he did.

His viewpoint was useless, however, and up sparked another plan. He took in a breath, ready to usher the presence from the shadow by frightening it, when he recalled the poem.

With his breath still suspended, Rudo considered the idea of approaching the urn, and lines appeared on his forehead. That was not an agreeable idea at all. He swayed slightly, and let the air free from his lungs as quietly as possible. Then he whispered to the Pokeball beside his miniature silver bell, tapping it with his grubby forefinger,

“If you could allow me the pleasure of your company, Alonso, I’d be very grateful.”

In a white flash that was more conspicuous than he would have first hoped, Alonso sprang free from the ball and clasped Rudo’s left shoulder, his left claw hanging loose at his side. Around Alonso’s neck wound a crimson scarf made from silk, which he promptly adjusted so both ends tailed him. They watched each-other for a moment.

“Suits you.” Rudo mumbled approvingly, and unwillingly returned his attention to the urn, and the presence behind it.

“Now go over there, and move that urn.” Alonso turned to Rudo with cynicism, “what?” Rudo queried. Apparently brushing the suspicion aside, Alonso made to head for the urn, though Rudo spoke out,

“Just don’t….break anything…”

And with that, he turned to seize the torch and shed light upon the shadow.

The Jewel
Old 06-09-2007, 05:09 AM   #16
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Shadowshocker: Thinking quickly, you realise the only way to put a possible stop to the escaping duo is to halt the Pichu bandit in its tracks. Instructing Grim to take action you watch while he carries out your orders with surprising swiftness, immediately placing himself between yourself and the tiny Zorro wannabe in order to grab its attention.

Pichu's evil grin broadens when it sees you're attempting to halt its escape, the expression in its tiny eyes clearly signifying it is thrilled to have found an unexpected challenge in its path. Striking a battle pose that only Pichu can possibly find threatening, it brandishes its little sword again before attempting to leap forward and attack...

Unfortunately for Pichu, it is now caught up in Grim's leering gaze, completely powerless to move a muscle let alone carry through with its ninja style attack. Enraged, Pichu releases an earsplitting war cry, yelling "Piiiiiiiiiiiii-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!", which draws the attention of its female partner in crime who turns her head while still running to see what all the commotion is about.

"You're on your own Zero!", she yells. "Meet me at the rendezvous point when you're done with these two!" And with that, she continues to flee, disappearing into an alleyway before you can blink.

Shocked that she can leave her little accomplice to fend for itself, you return your attention to the battle to witness Grim release a thunderbolt of energy from his eyes, his Night Shade sending the penknife flying from Pichu's grasp which only appears to enrage the tiny rodent even further. Finally managing to escape Grim's prisoning leer, Pichu's cheeks spark with unrestrained energy before it releases a burst of electrical energy, its Thundershock striking Grim in the chest.

Concerned for Grim, but seeing the attack hasn't done him a great deal of harm, you watch while Pichu turns and dives for its makeshift sword, retrieving it from the street and turning toward you once more with a look of vengeance in its eyes...

Ollie: Thank you very much, I rather enjoyed reading your reply ^-^

Deciding to go with the more... tactical... approach to the discovery of an unknown presence in this rather small chamber, you immediately put as much distance between yourself and your mystery guest as possible. A clever choice considering you really have no idea at all what you're dealing with. Unfortunately from your vantage point you're unable to make out any detail in the shadow cast by the urn, and since your invisible companion appears to be unwilling to show itself, this leaves you with only one option.

Releasing Alonzo from the confines of his Pokéball, you're grateful for his company, complimenting him on his stunning attire to butter him up for his upcoming task. He doesn't look at all convinced by your motives as you instruct him to move the urn in the corner of the room as it is rather obvious that your limbs are more accommodated to moving items such as this than his own. He nonetheless obeys your instructions, turning his attention to the urn and making his way across the room.

While Alonzo approaches the urn, you both hear a small sound, as though something is attempting to move further back into the shadows. Alonzo stops for a moment, turning his head toward you, his eyes showing a sudden understanding of your motives, before turning back to the urn and hopping a few steps closer. By this time you're holding the torch closer to the centre of the room, hoping to cast some light on the situation, when out of the blue something leaps from the darkness and tackles Alonzo to the ground.

The attack is so sudden that Alonzo has no time to react appropriately, and all you can see is a flurry of purple limbs as both Alonzo and his attacker roll around in a tumbling heap, Alonzo attempting to rid himself of his assailant while the other appears unwilling to let go. Loud screeching fills the chamber, some coming from Alonzo and the other from his attacker, the confines of the walls causing the screeching to reverberate around the room and multiplying the horrific noise tenfold. After what seems an eternity, the two finally break apart and you're able to see that the one who has caused so much ruckus is none other than a very agitated Rattata. It stands territorially, breathing heavily and baring its fangs, hissing threateningly at both of you. Initial inspection shows this little rodent has seen tough times, a scar on its right cheek and limp left hind leg indicating it's certainly a fighter to have managed to survive whatever trials it has faced within the walls of this ancient tomb. Though it is small, its plain as day that looks can be deceiving and you are under no illusions regarding this little one. This is its home and you are an intruder so it will stop at nothing to ensure you leave. Rattata continues to hiss at you, its body language a clear indication of upcoming trouble if you don't turn around and leave right away...
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: Thinking quickly, you realise the only way to put a possible stop to the escaping duo is to halt the Pichu bandit in its tracks. Instructing Grim to take action you watch while he carries out your orders with surprising swiftness, immediately placing himself between yourself and the tiny Zorro wannabe in order to grab its attention.

Pichu's evil grin broadens when it sees you're attempting to halt its escape, the expression in its tiny eyes clearly signifying it is thrilled to have found an unexpected challenge in its path. Striking a battle pose that only Pichu can possibly find threatening, it brandishes its little sword again before attempting to leap forward and attack...

Unfortunately for Pichu, it is now caught up in Grim's leering gaze, completely powerless to move a muscle let alone carry through with its ninja style attack. Enraged, Pichu releases an earsplitting war cry, yelling "Piiiiiiiiiiiii-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!", which draws the attention of its female partner in crime who turns her head while still running to see what all the commotion is about.

"You're on your own Zero!", she yells. "Meet me at the rendezvous point when you're done with these two!" And with that, she continues to flee, disappearing into an alleyway before you can blink.

Shocked that she can leave her little accomplice to fend for itself, you return your attention to the battle to witness Grim release a thunderbolt of energy from his eyes, his Night Shade sending the penknife flying from Pichu's grasp which only appears to enrage the tiny rodent even further. Finally managing to escape Grim's prisoning leer, Pichu's cheeks spark with unrestrained energy before it releases a burst of electrical energy, its Thundershock striking Grim in the chest.

Concerned for Grim, but seeing the attack hasn't done him a great deal of harm, you watch while Pichu turns and dives for its makeshift sword, retrieving it from the street and turning toward you once more with a look of vengeance in its eyes...
Sooper-dooper props to enchantress for the swift and surprising update. Now...

Shadow gritted his teeth. He hadn't expected the female thief to leave her Pokemon in the apparent lurch, nor did he expect the Pichu to be so feisty. Then again, he realised, the mystery woman and her Pokémon were likely to have chalked up quite a bit of experience -- more than could be said of him, at any rate.

Cursing inwardly, the novice trainer took a quick look around. Why wasn't there anyone else getting involved, helping him? He felt sure the owner of the voice must have alerted someone to aid in the chase. Swallowing hard, Shadow was feeling less confident with each passing second, yet still trying to maintain his cool. With his limited resources, there weren't a ton of immediate options he could go for. If he wanted to seal the Pichu's escape as soon as possible while avoiding wearing out Grim too much, he had to go for the unorthodox.

"Grim, Night Shade once more; this time aim for the penknife and try to shatter it! Then Leer again to hold the Pichu in place!" As he shouted, Shadow quickly emptied the contents of his backpack, stuffing them into his pockets and attaching the Heavy Ball to his belt alongside Grim's own PokéBall. With his Backpack wide open, Shadow prepared himself to smother the Pichu with his haversack and lock it in with the zipper once Grim had the electric rodent immobilised. With the baby thief captured, he could at least hand it in to the authorities for further action to be taken. But would it work?...

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #18
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Ollie: Thank you very much, I rather enjoyed reading your reply ^-^

Deciding to go with the more... tactical... approach to the discovery of an unknown presence in this rather small chamber, you immediately put as much distance between yourself and your mystery guest as possible. A clever choice considering you really have no idea at all what you're dealing with. Unfortunately from your vantage point you're unable to make out any detail in the shadow cast by the urn, and since your invisible companion appears to be unwilling to show itself, this leaves you with only one option.

Releasing Alonzo from the confines of his Pokéball, you're grateful for his company, complimenting him on his stunning attire to butter him up for his upcoming task. He doesn't look at all convinced by your motives as you instruct him to move the urn in the corner of the room as it is rather obvious that your limbs are more accommodated to moving items such as this than his own. He nonetheless obeys your instructions, turning his attention to the urn and making his way across the room.

While Alonzo approaches the urn, you both hear a small sound, as though something is attempting to move further back into the shadows. Alonzo stops for a moment, turning his head toward you, his eyes showing a sudden understanding of your motives, before turning back to the urn and hopping a few steps closer. By this time you're holding the torch closer to the centre of the room, hoping to cast some light on the situation, when out of the blue something leaps from the darkness and tackles Alonzo to the ground.

The attack is so sudden that Alonzo has no time to react appropriately, and all you can see is a flurry of purple limbs as both Alonzo and his attacker roll around in a tumbling heap, Alonzo attempting to rid himself of his assailant while the other appears unwilling to let go. Loud screeching fills the chamber, some coming from Alonzo and the other from his attacker, the confines of the walls causing the screeching to reverberate around the room and multiplying the horrific noise tenfold. After what seems an eternity, the two finally break apart and you're able to see that the one who has caused so much ruckus is none other than a very agitated Rattata. It stands territorially, breathing heavily and baring its fangs, hissing threateningly at both of you. Initial inspection shows this little rodent has seen tough times, a scar on its right cheek and limp left hind leg indicating it's certainly a fighter to have managed to survive whatever trials it has faced within the walls of this ancient tomb. Though it is small, its plain as day that looks can be deceiving and you are under no illusions regarding this little one. This is its home and you are an intruder so it will stop at nothing to ensure you leave. Rattata continues to hiss at you, its body language a clear indication of upcoming trouble if you don't turn around and leave right away...
[center:efd38]Thank you.[/center:efd38]

Anxious for the safety of his frilled cuff, Rudo pushed it aside so as to avoid singing from the torch’s flame, and carefully detached the torch from its place upon the sandstone wall. He scratched the tuft of hair upon his chin, and examined the torch for any further clue as to how to progress within the tomb. None arose.

Dismayed, he cleared his throat and turned back around, jutting the torch out in front of him in order to vanquish the shadow. Alonso hopped forward on awkward feet as his wings skimmed the floor, narrow eyes surveying what lay ahead, as though seemingly aware of what he approached. A slight scuttle echoed from behind the urn, and immediately Alonso glanced back, scowling at Rudo, who had pushed his ringed right hand onto his mouth to suppress a yelp. Which he swiftly removed. He urged Alonso to continue, and took a step as quietly as his trinket-embossed body would allow.

As concern tugged once again at his nature, he raised a finger ready to reiterate his command not to damage the urn, but before his lips could part he was startled to the extent of throwing his arms back in shock. Alonso failed to hold his already unstable footing as a beast matching his size pelted from the shadows, and brought Alonso to the cold floor without the slightest hindrance. Instinct would have prompted Alonso to latch onto the beast at once, but under Rudo’s influence his immediate reaction was to rid himself of the assailant and counter accordingly. Only that feat was less feasible than first expected.

Rudo, meanwhile, was circling the furor in an apprehensive stride, throwing the light from the torch this way and that as he danced away from the writhing creatures. The shadow of the urn was cast in all directions as he circled it for protection, only to back away with concern for its own wellbeing.

Screeches tore through the hollow air and reverberated from the stone walls in an ear-piercing bombardment, occasionally joined by Rudo’s startled yelps. Though as the aggressive wrestle showed signs of submission, Rudo’s attention turned to any means of underhanded trickery that could possibly shed hope on their situation, and his thoughts returned to all that greeted his eyes – the inscriptions upon the walls.

However, Rudo’s intentions were cut short as the creature finally parted from Alonso and stood before them both as Alonso hobbled to Rudo’s side. Bearing fangs that gleamed in the fiery light, it released a spiteful hiss of deterrence, provoking an offended flinch from Rudo. Alonso glanced at him warningly, and Rudo turned from both him to the malevolent, scarred and battle-worn rodent before them, and frowned, reclining his head.

“Well I’m not leaving.” He stated, as though that were obvious. With that, Alonso let out a hiss of disapproval, joining that of the Rattata’s, and Rudo sidled away from them both, intending to draw some kind of indicator from the poem he’d noticed. Alonso, meanwhile, made to scale the wall, as more customary for those of his kin to engage in battle.

“Just Poison Sting that thing a bit, try and get it less…animated…” His voice trailed off as he scrutinized the poem for some kind of clue, as well as survey the remainder of the inscriptions before him, for another riddle, another instruction…anything that helped him progress.

‘But even he will need a guide
Who has survived perils of the darkest pits’

“Oh surely that’s not the rat…” Rudo mumbled to himself deeply, glancing back at the Pokemon briefly. A thief, was he? He and Alonso should get along fine, theoretically. Unless they were rivals competing for a great treasure. Then, Rudo was certain the rat would protect his prize. Rudo glimpsed the urn, and then shook his head…if it was supposed to guide them, according to the riddle, why was it attacking? Although…it couldn’t hurt to investigate.

Slyly as he could, Rudo made for the urn, the only object other than the torch which graced the otherwise hollow box of a room. Maybe it contained something of interest…and if not, it would at least make up for an empty-handed exit.

The Jewel
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #19
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Coordinator: Not entirely confident with Saturn's ability to aide you in this situation, you decide to go after Wingull yourself, racing up the beach and launching yourself at the little water bird before it can shred the map any further. Wingull releases a surprised, "CAW!" before taking flight with part of the map in its beak and flying away into the distance.

With a mouthful of sand for your efforts, you quickly grab what is left of the map, scanning it to see how much has been damaged, when you hear amused chuckling coming from nearby. Turning your head, you notice an elderly gentleman watching you who appears to be highly amused by your antics.

"Bold little devils they are," he says with a hint of laughter still in his voice. "They'll steal a meal right out from under you if you're not paying attention."

Walking down the sand, the man reaches out his hand to help you up.

"The name's Abe," he says, with a friendly smile. "I sure hope that Wingull there hasn't destroy anything important...".
"Oh, hi i'm Aria from Snowpoint City, it's a pleasure to meet you sir," he introduced himself politely while reaching out for the elderly man's hand. "Thanks, I think everything is fine now, that Wingull hasn't had its breakfast I think." Aria brushed the sand and dirt off his face, hoping for a good first impression. He looked up, scanning the sky for any trace of that Wingull - or the map. "Oh Treecko, it's not our fault the Wingull stole half our map." Aria said in clear dissapointment. The two continued on forgetting about the elderly man they had just met.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #20
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Shadowshocker: While you prepare your pack to at least try to restrain your masked opponent before it can harm anyone or possibly even escape, Grim is quick to follow up your instructions, sending another Night Shade Pichu's way. Pichu is ready this time though, it's Thundershock meeting Grim's black thunderbolt of energy in midair causing a mild explosion of dark energy crackling with electricity. Both Pokémon are thrown backward a couple of feet, but Pichu is not prepared to lose its little sword, holding onto it tightly so as not to lose it.

Regaining its feet, Pichu smirks at Grim in a "You're not going to get me that easily" kind of fashion. Its smugness is its undoing however, as it has completely forgotten about Grim's Leer attack, in which it is once again trapped.

Seeing your chance, you pounce for the electric mouse, trapping it inside of your backpack while it's temporarily immobile. While you're fumbling with the zipper, hoping to fasten it before Pichu can zap the living daylights out of you, you hear a voice and look up to see a middle aged man racing toward you from the direction of the antique shop Pichu and his accomplice had just robbed.

"Thank you!" the man yells. "Thank you so much! I've been trying to track Zero down ever since he ran away with that awful woman two months ago. I can't believe you've finally caught him so I can bring him home!"

A little confused, you look from your pack to the man wondering what he means by, "Bring him home". Realising you have no clue what he's talking about, the man appears embarrassed.

"I'm sorry," he says, before explaining, "Zero has been very mischievous from the day he was born. Always getting into trouble and wanting to experience action packed adventure that he can't have while cooped up in the shop with me. Two months ago, the woman you saw earlier came into the shop, stealing one of my most valuable antiques. Zero, seeing the chance for a life of full of wild adventure, ran away with her when she fled. Since then, there have been reports of sightings of them both robbing antique stores in different towns all across the country. I've been hoping to see him again, to try and convince him to come home and give me a second chance. I'll even close the shop and travel the countryside with him if he'll allow me the opportunity to prove myself to him, but until just now, when I saw how you trapped him, I never thought I'd have the chance."

At this point, an inquisitive little, "Pi-chu?" is heard from inside your backpack, and while a little hesitant, you open it up so that Zero can hop out. The little electric type zips out of your bag, leaping into the mans arms, inadvertently giving him a slight jolt because he's so excited to hear his rightful owner is willing to give up his shop to adventure with him.

Clearly delighted by Zero's response to his words, the man looks you in the eye.

"I'll never be able to express my gratitude enough, but please take this," he says, reaching into his pocket before dropping a small item into your hand. "It's a Big Pearl that was traded in at my shop earlier today. I have no real use for it, so I'd like you to have it. Perhaps you'll be able to find something to do with it."

Cuddling Pichu who is now looking far less threatening than only a few moments ago, the man thanks you again before turning and walking back to his shop. You can only hope that Zero will lead a normal, if not daring, life from this point on....

Upon replying to your update, you're free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in one of our mainstream zones. Currently, there is only one per board, but being a UPN Home Boarder you will have first priority in the Twilight Realm. Keep in mind that Fizzytopia at Serebii and Cascadia at Bulbagarden are both in need of updatees, but the choice is yours.

Have fun ^-^

Ollie: Unable to hide your distaste in regards to the possibility of the riddle on the wall referring to this rather rabid looking rodent before you, you proceed to mull over your options. While Alonzo scales the wall, Rattata isn't about to stand down now that its been forced out into the open and continues to stand there hissing vehemently at you. While curious as to its ferocity if it is indeed the guide referred to in the riddle, you're more interested in the urn and so decide to investigate.

This simple movement is all it takes for Rattata to attack though, and it lunges for your leg as you step toward the urn. Alonzo is quick to react, leaping from his perch atop the torch holster to protect his trainer at all costs. Leathery wings beating frantically, he manages a rather ungraceful spin which results in his tail swinging in a semi-circular motion and smacking Rattata in the side of the head which immediately halts the little rodent in its tracks. Enraged, Rattata turns on Alonzo, leaping high to try and tackle him, but the knock to the head has it slightly disoriented and it misses its mark.

Alonzo isn't finished yet, moving in to attack with another Poison Sting, his tail hitting Rattata in its side. Releasing a pained screech, Rattata reacts a little faster this time, once again leaping up to Tackle its foe. This time Rattata has luck on its side and manages to cling onto Alonzo while in midair, dragging him back to the ground with it. The two struggle frantically, neither letting go of the other whilst rolling around wildly on the sandstone floor.

While the two are engaged in their little skirmish, you hear the sound of scraping and look to see a door sliding open in the wall. You're surprised, as this room didn't previously appear to have any exits other than the corridor from which you had entered, but as soon as Rattata notices the doorway opening it whips its tail directly into Alonzo's eyes, shocking him into releasing his grip on it.

Rattata then performs a rather strange dance, hopping from one sandstone block to another, but before you have a chance to figure out what it's doing, the opening doorway suddenly reverses direction, closing up again. Before you have an opportunity to react, the door slams with a resounding thud. It is then that you notice another smaller opening in the chamber, just small enough for Rattata to squeeze through. While you're only just beginning to realise there's more to this place than meets the eye, Rattata begins to slip through it...

Upon replying to your update, you're free to either leave the Arcane Realm to travel in one of our mainstream zones or to stay on and attempt your first capture. Currently, you have the option of entering UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, or Bulbagarden's Cascadia. The choice is yours, but wherever you decide to go I'll be sure to be watching your replies as I find them quite entertaining. Good luck ^-^

Coordinator: For reference, the more you give me by way of reply, the more effort I'll put into your updates.

Deciding to continue on your way, you soon spy a Krabby scuttling along the shore. What will you do?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #21
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Ollie: Unable to hide your distaste in regards to the possibility of the riddle on the wall referring to this rather rabid looking rodent before you, you proceed to mull over your options. While Alonzo scales the wall, Rattata isn't about to stand down now that its been forced out into the open and continues to stand there hissing vehemently at you. While curious as to its ferocity if it is indeed the guide referred to in the riddle, you're more interested in the urn and so decide to investigate.

This simple movement is all it takes for Rattata to attack though, and it lunges for your leg as you step toward the urn. Alonzo is quick to react, leaping from his perch atop the torch holster to protect his trainer at all costs. Leathery wings beating frantically, he manages a rather ungraceful spin which results in his tail swinging in a semi-circular motion and smacking Rattata in the side of the head which immediately halts the little rodent in its tracks. Enraged, Rattata turns on Alonzo, leaping high to try and tackle him, but the knock to the head has it slightly disoriented and it misses its mark.

Alonzo isn't finished yet, moving in to attack with another Poison Sting, his tail hitting Rattata in its side. Releasing a pained screech, Rattata reacts a little faster this time, once again leaping up to Tackle its foe. This time Rattata has luck on its side and manages to cling onto Alonzo while in midair, dragging him back to the ground with it. The two struggle frantically, neither letting go of the other whilst rolling around wildly on the sandstone floor.

While the two are engaged in their little skirmish, you hear the sound of scraping and look to see a door sliding open in the wall. You're surprised, as this room didn't previously appear to have any exits other than the corridor from which you had entered, but as soon as Rattata notices the doorway opening it whips its tail directly into Alonzo's eyes, shocking him into releasing his grip on it.

Rattata then performs a rather strange dance, hopping from one sandstone block to another, but before you have a chance to figure out what it's doing, the opening doorway suddenly reverses direction, closing up again. Before you have an opportunity to react, the door slams with a resounding thud. It is then that you notice another smaller opening in the chamber, just small enough for Rattata to squeeze through. While you're only just beginning to realise there's more to this place than meets the eye, Rattata begins to slip through it...

Upon replying to your update, you're free to either leave the Arcane Realm to travel in one of our mainstream zones or to stay on and attempt your first capture. Currently, you have the option of entering UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, or Bulbagarden's Cascadia. The choice is yours, but wherever you decide to go I'll be sure to be watching your replies as I find them quite entertaining. Good luck ^-^
[center:74f1f]Thank you very much, it's been a pleasure. However, I think I'll make an attempt ^^.[/center:74f1f]

His sneaking skill wasn’t what it used to be - Rudo’s intentions were read like a picture book and he froze before the urn as the Rattata turned on him. He frowned at the abysmal failure of his intent and could only reevaluate his plan pitifully as the demonic rodent lunged forward, straight for his breeches.

“Wah! Cursed rat! Away with you already!” Rudo’s temper was eventually aggravated by the Rattata’s persistence and rather upsetting maliciousness, and as he made to shake the rodent free of his vulnerable leg, Alonso’s purple body finally interfered in a graceless scramble of a poison sting. A smug grin danced across Rudo’s face, pearly white teeth shimmering in the flickering light of the torch clasped in his hand.

Alonso just about managed to sustain a hover after his much-needed boost atop the torch holster, though his attack had resulted in his scarf to be thrown slightly askew. The fact that his claws were now very much required to keep his wings mobile irritated Alonso and adjusting the scarf to a suitable position was now a hopeless task. However, his success in dazing the seemingly matchless rat, in all its limitless ferocity, made up for his distress. In fact, it caused his self-confidence to rise significantly.

Ignorant of the niggling feeling that the scarf now looked positively ridiculous, Alonso focused on enhancing his upper hand and regained a few centimeters of air. Apparently still slightly dazed by the blow to the head, the Rattata made an attempt to retaliate by hopping into the air towards him, only to avoid contact by a small breadth and stirring a hiss of triumph from Alonso.

He made a swift counter, once again swinging his bulbous stinger to strike the Rattata from the side, which expelled a chilling screech of pain from the violent creature. Its reaction this time around was far swifter than before, and Alonso’s dangling scarf allowed simple means for the Rattata to topple its mark. The wind was knocked from Alonso’s lungs as he came plummeting to the hard floor, subject to the rat’s violent assault, though this time his instinct took effect and he clung onto the Rattata with all his might, resulting in a second ruthless scuffle where neither would let the other break out.

All the while, Rudo frantically ran his hand across the walls in search for a new inscription to lead him.

“I know that deserting this hellish tomb would be the most desirable of our options, Alonso,” Rudo called back to the purple scorpion, perfectly aware of the melee he was currently engaged in but obliged to explain himself nonetheless, “But wouldn’t you agree that leaving here without a lovely jewel or two to satisfy our efforts would indeed be more…gratifying?” He said, pausing at a historical tale that caught his interest. A hiss from the fight behind him provoked him onwards, “Don’t think I don’t know that you think you’re always the one to deal with the brunt of our more distasteful discoveries,” he continued, now desperately circling his hands across the wall in search of a crack or hinge, “But I must emphasize that my role in our escapades does require a more mental way of exertion,” he gave up and moved on to the other wall beside him.

“And while I do retain concern for your wellbeing, Alonso,” His words were now loudening as panic came creeping, Alonso still struggling to gain the advantage over the fervent rat, “My confidence in you is impossibly large, and in this I find the greatest service that my efforts can provide, is finding a means to continue!” With that his hand slapped the wall in frustration. Then a scraping sound filled the tomb.

Turning with a triumphant expression, Rudo felt his heart flutter at the sight of a door revealing itself from within the wall. However, a split second passed before it began to reverse back into position and Alonso was left shaking his head to regain his composure while the Rattata took off in a flash. The Rattata had hopped from sandstone block to sandstone block without the slightest hesitation, and before Rudo could even step towards his target, the closing door was sealed once again, leaving him wide-eyed and speechless. The rodent then scuttled towards a tiny, second opening in the wall, intending to abandon them both.

He reacted as swiftly as possible,

“Stop that rat from escaping! Use another Poison Sting!” With the appearance of a door suddenly terminated by the rat’s apparent intensive knowledge of the tomb’s workings, Rudo was now certain that the key was the rat itself. His mind was resolute, and his attention was diverted from the useless inscriptions to the trinkets enveloping his clothes. He began to rifle through them all, digging into pockets and pouches in search for a tool to ensure the Rattata would not leave – a Pokeball.

The Jewel
Old 06-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #22
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Coordinator: For reference, the more you give me by way of reply, the more effort I'll put into your updates.

Deciding to continue on your way, you soon spy a Krabby scuttling along the shore. What will you do?
I'm so sorry for the short replies, i've been really busy with exams and all. I'll make this one a good one. ^_^

Estatic at the sight of seeing a Krabby, Aria enthusiastically ran towards it, reaching in his pocket for a pokeball to throw at it. "Darn it, I forgot, I only have a Heavy Ball, and I don't think it's going to catch it, Saturn.." he said with a shrug on his face. Aria stared at the little Krabby scuttling along the shoreline of what seemed to be a beach, "Isn't it just the cutest thing Saturn?!" he maniacally laughed. Saturn stared not at the Krabby, but instead the trainer who thought a Krabby was cute. "Treeee-cko..." it replied with a roll of its eyes. Aria tossed his hair to one side of his face, he couldn't help not to every five minutes, it was a bad habit some would say.

He walked along, following the Krabby to wherever it was going, frustrated about what to do. He knew that he could throw the Heavy Ball at it, but the risks of not catching it would be high, and he didn't want that. He analyzed the situation for about five minutes before he reached his decision. "I'm going to catch it, Saturn." Aria said with a unique sense of proudness. "TREECKO!" Saturn replied with a sharp bold tone in its voice, almost supporting Aria with his decision. "Krabby, you better strap your claws on, cause we're going to catch you!" he shouted with great confidence over his capabilities.

"Saturn, I want you to Pound that Krabby into a Crabby-patty, okay?"

Saturn went in for a full blow at the Krabby's head, and Aria right then, reached the Heavy Ball in his pocket and threw it directly at the Krabby. Patiently, they then waited to see whether the Krabby was going to be caught or not, hoping for the best.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #23
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Ollie: Coming to the conclusion that Rattata is indeed the guide referred to in the riddle judging from its knowledge of the inner workings of the place, you waste no time in reacting to its attempted escape, immediately instructing Alonzo to halt it while you sift through your belongings for a Pokéball.

Alonzo reacts swiftly, his tail swinging toward the opening in the wall, latching onto the fleeing Rattata's belly, the force of the hit effectively hauling the escaping rodent back out into the centre of the chamber. Rattata is looking rather bruised and beaten now, Alonzo's poison sting attacks, combined with the force of them hitting its tiny body, taking a noticeable toll upon the purple rat.

Whatever Rattata's reasons for wanting to escape, it's clearly obvious this little one is going to battle to the death. Hissing hellishly, its beady little eyes almost turning red due to pure rage, it leaps for Alonzo once more, tackling him into the wall...

Coordinator: When you say you're going to analyze a situation for five minutes, I'm going to literally take your word for the fact you mean five minutes...

Overcome with excitement to see none other than a cute little Krabby scuttling along the shore, you don't stop to think about the consequences of racing up to a strange wild Pokémon before acting upon your instincts. Krabby, noticing your mad rush toward it, immediately digs into the sand, hiding from you before you can do any harm to it.

Unaware of the fact Krabby has now disappeared, you inform Saturn of how cute you think it is while his only reaction is a roll of the eyes not only in response to your words, but also because at least he has noticed the Pokémon you're referring to is now making its escape. He stands there however, waiting for you to figure out your next move while watching a little mound of sand moving steadily closer to the water with each passing second.

By the time you finally decide to attack, Krabby is long gone, and Saturn simply looks at you questioningly while you instruct him to attack a non-existent Pokémon. At that moment he notices a Psyduck waddling out of the water though, and figuring there's no need to waste a chance for a battle, he races up to the little duck who is paying no attention at all to him, and leaps into the air, whirling around and pounding Psyduck hard with his tail.

Finally noticing there is no Krabby to throw your Heavy Ball at, you're wondering what on earth has just happened while Psyduck stares at Saturn looking rather confused, and Saturn appears to be hyped up and ready to battle...
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #24
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: While you prepare your pack to at least try to restrain your masked opponent before it can harm anyone or possibly even escape, Grim is quick to follow up your instructions, sending another Night Shade Pichu's way. Pichu is ready this time though, it's Thundershock meeting Grim's black thunderbolt of energy in midair causing a mild explosion of dark energy crackling with electricity. Both Pokémon are thrown backward a couple of feet, but Pichu is not prepared to lose its little sword, holding onto it tightly so as not to lose it.

Regaining its feet, Pichu smirks at Grim in a "You're not going to get me that easily" kind of fashion. Its smugness is its undoing however, as it has completely forgotten about Grim's Leer attack, in which it is once again trapped.

Seeing your chance, you pounce for the electric mouse, trapping it inside of your backpack while it's temporarily immobile. While you're fumbling with the zipper, hoping to fasten it before Pichu can zap the living daylights out of you, you hear a voice and look up to see a middle aged man racing toward you from the direction of the antique shop Pichu and his accomplice had just robbed.

"Thank you!" the man yells. "Thank you so much! I've been trying to track Zero down ever since he ran away with that awful woman two months ago. I can't believe you've finally caught him so I can bring him home!"

A little confused, you look from your pack to the man wondering what he means by, "Bring him home". Realising you have no clue what he's talking about, the man appears embarrassed.

"I'm sorry," he says, before explaining, "Zero has been very mischievous from the day he was born. Always getting into trouble and wanting to experience action packed adventure that he can't have while cooped up in the shop with me. Two months ago, the woman you saw earlier came into the shop, stealing one of my most valuable antiques. Zero, seeing the chance for a life of full of wild adventure, ran away with her when she fled. Since then, there have been reports of sightings of them both robbing antique stores in different towns all across the country. I've been hoping to see him again, to try and convince him to come home and give me a second chance. I'll even close the shop and travel the countryside with him if he'll allow me the opportunity to prove myself to him, but until just now, when I saw how you trapped him, I never thought I'd have the chance."

At this point, an inquisitive little, "Pi-chu?" is heard from inside your backpack, and while a little hesitant, you open it up so that Zero can hop out. The little electric type zips out of your bag, leaping into the mans arms, inadvertently giving him a slight jolt because he's so excited to hear his rightful owner is willing to give up his shop to adventure with him.

Clearly delighted by Zero's response to his words, the man looks you in the eye.

"I'll never be able to express my gratitude enough, but please take this," he says, reaching into his pocket before dropping a small item into your hand. "It's a Big Pearl that was traded in at my shop earlier today. I have no real use for it, so I'd like you to have it. Perhaps you'll be able to find something to do with it."

Cuddling Pichu who is now looking far less threatening than only a few moments ago, the man thanks you again before turning and walking back to his shop. You can only hope that Zero will lead a normal, if not daring, life from this point on....

Upon replying to your update, you're free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in one of our mainstream zones. Currently, there is only one per board, but being a UPN Home Boarder you will have first priority in the Twilight Realm. Keep in mind that Fizzytopia at Serebii and Cascadia at Bulbagarden are both in need of updatees, but the choice is yours.

Have fun ^-^

For a moment, Shadow is visibly surprised. Surprised from the turn of events, and surprised that his risky tactic actually... well, worked. He almost expected to be defribillated until he was crispy brown, or until the Pichu named Zero had blown his backpack apart.

Briefly, Shadow looks around him. No one else seemed to have got involved, and the village appeared to have restored its peaceful aura that had permeated it when he had first arrived. His mind lingers for a moment about the mystery woman. Who was she, and what was with that red symbol on her costume? What was she after? What was going to happen once she realised she longer had an accomplice?

A faint smile of serenity tugs at the edge of Shadow's mouth. He knew he usually wasn't the one to take things that far. If the owner of the antique shop wasn't concerned about her, what would he have to worry about?

"Grim, you alright?" he calls to his Ghost-type companion. "Look, Grim," Shadow whispers, beckoning to the Duskull to come over, pointing down at his hand. "See, buddy? We got this together." For a while the two muse over the glittering trinket, marvelling at its shine and relishing in the moment of their first 'victory', if one could call it that.

"Well, Grim, we'd best be on our way. I think we've had enough excitement in this sector, for now," remarks the young scientist. Pocketing the Big Pearl, he takes the road leading out of Mediville, the faint smile still decking his face as he softly murmurs...

"I think I'm going to like it here in Fizzy Bubbles."

*end transmission*

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Old 06-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Coordinator: When you say you're going to analyze a situation for five minutes, I'm going to literally take your word for the fact you mean five minutes...

Overcome with excitement to see none other than a cute little Krabby scuttling along the shore, you don't stop to think about the consequences of racing up to a strange wild Pokémon before acting upon your instincts. Krabby, noticing your mad rush toward it, immediately digs into the sand, hiding from you before you can do any harm to it.

Unaware of the fact Krabby has now disappeared, you inform Saturn of how cute you think it is while his only reaction is a roll of the eyes not only in response to your words, but also because at least he has noticed the Pokémon you're referring to is now making its escape. He stands there however, waiting for you to figure out your next move while watching a little mound of sand moving steadily closer to the water with each passing second.

By the time you finally decide to attack, Krabby is long gone, and Saturn simply looks at you questioningly while you instruct him to attack a non-existent Pokémon. At that moment he notices a Psyduck waddling out of the water though, and figuring there's no need to waste a chance for a battle, he races up to the little duck who is paying no attention at all to him, and leaps into the air, whirling around and pounding Psyduck hard with his tail.

Finally noticing there is no Krabby to throw your Heavy Ball at, you're wondering what on earth has just happened while Psyduck stares at Saturn looking rather confused, and Saturn appears to be hyped up and ready to battle...
"What the hell." Aria exhaled. He looked at his watch which was also very confused, it read "12:41" and he knew that it wasn't the right time. "Tree-cko..." Saturn whispered. Aria now knew what was going to happen, Treecko was going to attack Psyduck, and continue to act all stubborn. Unfortunetely, that's what pissed Aria off the most, a Pokemon disobeying orders. "Treecko, stay out of this one." he commanded angerly.

Treecko was beginning to get angry at Aria for the disrespect he was getting. "TREE-CKO." he responded with obvious emotion, turning his head away from Aria and crossing his arms. Aria grabbed the Pokedex in his pocket, and pulled it out, ignoring his Pokemon, and gathering all the information he could about the confused looking Psyduck standing before him. "Psyduck, the duck Pokemon, it never remembers using its odd powers, so it always tilts its head in puzzlement." the Pokedex read.

"Odd powers, eh." Aria murmured to himself, thinking of all the battles he knew this Psyduck could win. It most certainly wasn't the prettiest Pokemon Aria had seen, however he saw some unique potential this Psyduck could have in his not yet made team. Aria looked at his hand, and the Heavy Ball firmly grasped in it. At the moment, he couldn't think of anything else but catching the Psyduck, and instantly, he threw it without really thinking about the concenquences that his decision might bring him...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records