UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Togepi Shop Proposal - Castform's Forecast Shop

Castform's Forecast Shop

Rules
1. Here at Castform's Forecast Shop, we offer capsules that have a chance to contain various items or trinkets!
2. Post in the thread to purchase a capsule, or more than one! Make sure to link to the Pokebank to show how much money you're spending!
3. Wait until the attendant comes along to crack open your capsule for you! Afterwards, you can post to claim your reward.
4. That's all! It's that easy and fun!

Note: Castform's Forecast Shop is not responsible for excessive purchases or addiction. Please play responsibly.

Sunny Capsule - 200 Pokedollars ☼
20% chance to contain a trinket, 30% chance to contain a minor item, 50% or a major item! Less than 1% chance of a mystery prize!
☔︎ Rainy Capsule - 150 Pokedollars ☔︎
20% chance to contain a trinket, 50% chance to contain a minor item, and 30% chance to contain a major item!
Chilly Capsule - 100 Pokedollars ⛇
30% chance to contain a trinket, 20% chance to contain a simple item, 50% chance to contain a minor item!
♦︎ Dusty Capsule - 50 Pokedollars ♦︎
75% chance to contain a trinket, 25% chance to contain a simple item!
Cloudy Capsule - 50 Pokedollars ☁
Contains any set of seals! Any seal that you already have 1 of can be refunded for half of the original cost.

Due to Fizzytopian Regulations, Castform's Forecast Shop is required to show all participants all possibilities for their capsules. The tiers of items are as follows:

Spoiler: show
Trinkets:
Nothing of real value. Quirky items, i.e. "Bag of Marbles" or "Box of Crayons" or "Staryu Keychain".

Simple Items
- x3 of Cheri Berry, Chesto Berry, Pecha Berry, Rawst Berry, Aspear Berry, Leppa Berry, Oran Berry, or Persim Berry. (Status and Health Berries.)
- x2 of Liechi Berry, Ganlon Berry, Salac Berry, Petaya Berry, Apicot Berry, Kee Berry, or Maranga Berry. (Stat Altering Berries.)
- x5 Pokeball
- x1 set of Line, Smoke, or Party-Popper Seals

Minor Items
- x1 of Occa Berry, Passho Berry, Wacan Berry, Rindo Berry, Yache Berry, Chople Berry, Kebia Berry, Shuca Berry, Coba Berry, Payapa Berry, Tanga Berry, Charti Berry, Kasib Berry, Haban Berry, Colbur Berry, Babiri Berry, Chilan Berry, or Roseli Berry. (Type Effectiveness Berries.)
- x1 Type-Boosting Gem
- x2 Special Balls (Dive, Dusk, heal, Nest, Net, Quick, Repeat, Timer) or x1 Luxury Ball
- x1 Set of Electric, Flame, Foam, or Flower Seals


Major Items
- x1 Type Held Item ((Black Belt, Black
Glasses, Charcoal, Dragon Fang, Hard Stone,
Magnet, Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Never-Melt
Ice, Poison Barb, Sharp Beak, Silk Scarf, Silver
Powder, Soft Sand, Spell Tag, Twisted Spoon, Stainless Gear)
- x1 Random TM
- x1 Incense
- x1 set of Star, Heart, Musical, or Alphabet Seals

Mystery Items
One item rolled randomly from your Memakyu in the Shrine of the Third Eye thread. If you do not have a Memakyu, it will contain 10 Rare Candies.


Welcome to a weird idea I had one day! Mods have already looked this over and balanced out economy and stuff, so no worries there. Who's a fan? This is mostly made to do two things: 1. Fill the emotional void left by the loss of our dearest gacha simulator, the Egg House, and 2. Let us sink our hard earned Pokedollars into something moderately useless.

Also, seals become a thing again because HECK YEAH SEALS
__________________
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,250
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Personally not a fan of the 'Trinkets' option being a thing.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Trinkets are just another word for "Nothing", just with fun flavor text so that it doesn't feel like a loss.
__________________
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,521
The trinkets do seem useless, but then, who's to say what's really useless in FB? My character once managed to save himself from a flock of hungry Golbat with a handful of expired event Pokéblocks.

But yeah, I like this idea.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 560
I really like this idea, trinkets included.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,485
Proposal: Get rid of the Cloudy Ball and replace all trinkets with seals.

Or keep the Cloudy Ball, make it all "uncommon/rare" seals, and replace all Trinkets with all seals.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Yaaay a gatchapon! I'm 100% for it.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,609
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Trinkets btw, can be sold for $10 at The Department Store. There's your use for it if you're looking for one.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #9
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
That doesn't really make them useful though, as it only gives back a miniscule reimbursement for your initial investment. The cool thing about the old egg house in comparison is that even if you rolled a dud, you never made a loss at all (since it was always a free roll).

Now, I'm not saying there's no place for a bit of risk to be involved. That might even be what makes it exciting. But trinkets should always be advertised for what it is: Trash. Cute and flavorful trash.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 06-06-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #10
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 899
im game
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #11
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Hi I am in definite support of this, trinkets and all. (Heck, the whole reason I joined the S.S. Tidal Cruise was just so I could get my hands on all the Corsola memorabilia. *hugs her Shiny Corsola keychain* <3)

But yeah, this looks like a great way to still have some Gatchapon fun, as well as a more reliable method to earn items than through RP. (Although I may just be forced to make a Memakyu now... Man.)
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #12
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
-Erases all of the memakyu items but my Love Balls- ALL ABOARD DA GACHA TRAINNN.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #13
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,609
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
That doesn't really make them useful though, as it only gives back a miniscule reimbursement for your initial investment. The cool thing about the old egg house in comparison is that even if you rolled a dud, you never made a loss at all (since it was always a free roll).

Now, I'm not saying there's no place for a bit of risk to be involved. That might even be what makes it exciting. But trinkets should always be advertised for what it is: Trash. Cute and flavorful trash.
Oh that's exactly what the trinkets are supposed to be I thought; an element of risk when purchasing a capsule. The 'junk' you technically obtain can at least be sold then for a small reimbursement. But that is definitely all it is I think.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #14
Snorby
Snackin'
 
Snorby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,719
I love this, and honestly like the trinkets as much as anything else. This sort of thing shouldn't really be guaranteeing an item anyway imo, and the trinkets are a cute way to make that suck less.
__________________

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #15
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,250
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Ok, trinkets can stay but at least knock the 'Absolute fail' chance down a bit please. One in five is pretty damn high for what is essentially the 'haha fuck you' result imo.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Can I make a proposal and add 3x Rare Candies to the Major Item list? 10 Rare Candies is a huge benefit for anyonr without an Emakiss if they get super lucky on that 1% role. Maybe even 1 Rare Candy. Other than that I honestly think everything is fine. Some people would like the trinkets and I do think of a way to sell them back for a small amount of cash would also be good.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #17
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The trinkets do seem useless, but then, who's to say what's really useless in FB? My character once managed to save himself from a flock of hungry Golbat with a handful of expired event Pokéblocks.
Hum, oddly familiar that! :P
Neat little idea, trinkets included. A bag of marbles is so much more fun that an Oran Berry.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #18
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Now, I'm not saying there's no place for a bit of risk to be involved. That might even be what makes it exciting. But trinkets should always be advertised for what it is: Trash. Cute and flavorful trash.
Yup. Trinkets are mostly important because sometimes, gachapon machines give you garbage and Castform's Forecast Shop isn't meant to be a 100% chance of cool things. There's risk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Can I make a proposal and add 3x Rare Candies to the Major Item list? 10 Rare Candies is a huge benefit for anyonr without an Emakiss if they get super lucky on that 1% role. Maybe even 1 Rare Candy. Other than that I honestly think everything is fine. Some people would like the trinkets and I do think of a way to sell them back for a small amount of cash would also be good.
Totes fair. I'll add x3 Rare Candies to the Major Item List.

Just a thought for the crowd: because the Emakiss thing was just sort of something I came up with on a whim, who would be okay with me changing that to be any FB Custom Item? (So anything from this list or any version of it that gets updated)
__________________
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #19
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Just a thought for the crowd: because the Emakiss thing was just sort of something I came up with on a whim, who would be okay with me changing that to be any FB Custom Item? (So anything from this list or any version of it that gets updated)
I approve of this. Also prevents abuse by limiting one's Emakiss to a single item.
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #20
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,533
I recall some sort of proposal to turn in trinkets for items or something.
__________________


気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #21
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Oh man, great idea Tyoyo! I simply adore gachapon. Here's a thought: why not make some of the trinkets seasonal/part of a series to increase desirability among prospective collectors? Intrinsic value of collectibles might drive people to exchange real items for others' so-called "garbage".
__________________

ABYSSAL MADNESS
Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
SPPf | BGf
| PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 4L / 0D
0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
Referee Grade: D
=Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
Pokemon Sun Trainer Name - コウライ | Pokemon Moon Trainer Name - ひょうりん
★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #22
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Okay, since this is a good idea and would hate for it to die. IS everyone fine on this? Toy, are you fine with what has been discussed? Mods, are you fine with Toy SOing (or someone of his choosing)?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,521
I'll say once more- I like this shop. I like the idea behind it, and I even like the idea of failure being represented in the form of getting seemingly useless trinkets, because I just know I'll be able to find unconventional uses for some of them in zones somehow.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #24
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,658
I know I've been quiet so far but all in all, I love it <3
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #25
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Alright so, changelog for the shop. If everyone is cool with this, then mods just gotta say it's good to go. I'll gladly SO for it, but I won't be taking FC for it. Feels weird to me to take rewards for something of my own design.

- x3 Rare Candies added to the major item list
- Mystery Prize is a random item rolled from the FB custom item list
- Trinkets can be traded in at the Pokebank for 10 Pokedollars
- Seasonal trinkets will be a thing
__________________
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.