UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #126
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Sothe and Chris -- at odds over the validity of the combat sport -- decide to take the issue to the contender herself. As they walk past the ring, the next round begins, a rather well-stacked Lopunny announcing the stipulations.

"This next match is scheduled for one fall," she calls, in a sultry voice. "And is a triple threat! From right here in Vivacious Village, Puńos Poderosos!"

As she spoke, a Hitmonchan in bright trunks mounted the ropes and somersaulted into the ring. He began walking around boisterously as she continued.

"From the Withering Woods -- Piernas Mortales!" Her words ushered in a Hitmonlee in a skull-patterned mask, who mounted the turn buckle and slid his thumb across his throat in a threatening gesture.

"And from the Dancing Desert... Salvaje al Revés!" The crowd exploded; a fan favorite. Chris and Sothe got a good look at the Hitmontop that weaved its way to the ring as they passed by; it glittered a fantastic pink and bounced off the top rope, hitting the mat on his head. He spun like a top, skirting around the Lopunny in a cheeky, flirtatious manner that made her giggle. A handspring later, and he was on his feet, arms raised high. The Lopunny vacated, replaced by the Sentret tasked with reffing the match, and then the bell rung. After that, the fight was on between the three, but the pair of bickering Pokémon wouldn't get to see it, as they'd reached the contender's tent.

Unguarded, no one stopped Chris and Sothe from entering. Inside, there were a few Pokémon; two Politoed -- one blue, and one green -- were applying athletic tape to one another. An altogether intidimating looking Nidoqueen was doing squats in one corner. A Pikachu halfway through changing into her gear shrieked at the sight of an unfamiliar face and threw a boot directly at Sothe's head before jerking a temporary curtain closed.

The Hawlucha they sought, meanwile, was slumped at a table, rolling the Everstone around across the surface with one clawed digit. Chin in the heel of the other hand, she looked miserable, and not at all as a fighter should look. When Chris and Sothe approach, she turns her gaze up, and frowns.

"Sorry," she grunts, unenthusiastic and gruff. "No autographs."


Voladora's response was... pretty much as expected of someone who had undergone a recent and painful breakup. Who would ever have time for an annoying pair of fans after being essentially backstabbed for the sake of personal gain? Too soon. It was still too soon, and the Hawlucha was clearly still in too much pain for this nonsense. This wasn't enough to dissuade Sothe, however.

"An autograph?! Heavens, no! After what we -and many of your faithful fans- just witnessed, how could we possibly bother the gracious Voladora with something so mundane and insignificant. Rather, what we've come for is to offer nothing short of a propossal. For justice."

Chris herself was unsure at what he was going on about, but decided to play along. After all, he always had a roundabout way to get what he wanted.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-18-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #127
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
The Hawlucha flinched as she was called by name. Had they really let their given names slip in the heat of the argument? They had. Fuega had been en la máscara too. Oh jeez... Voladora sighed, but shrugged it off. These two seemed harmless, if not over-enthusiastic... well, the Sceptile, anyway. The Seviper seemed disinterested at best, but this was the way things often went. Couples came to shows all the time, one suffering boredom for the sake of the other. How long had Fuega been suffering for her? Voladora felt miserable at the thought, but this was no way for la Aniquiladora Alada to behave; moping behind the scenes like some nestling.

Pulling herself off of the table, Voladora stood, looking between Chris and Sothe skeptically. A couple of fans with a hair-brained scheme? A lot could go wrong. She felt a desperate need to make things right, however, which overshadowed her common sense. Around the three Pokémon, the other contenders had grown quiet, some beginning to eavesdrop at the conversation going on. News of the blow-up had already began spreading, and it was worth discussing; Voladora and Fuega had been favored for tag-team champions since being signed onto the company. A low murmur spread through the tent, as Voladora narrowed her eyes.

"You want to tell me who you two are?" She asked asked, slowly. "And what you plan to do with Fueg-... la Gallina en Guerra?"


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #128
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
The Hawlucha flinched as she was called by name. Had they really let their given names slip in the heat of the argument? They had. Fuega had been en la máscara too. Oh jeez... Voladora sighed, but shrugged it off. These two seemed harmless, if not over-enthusiastic... well, the Sceptile, anyway. The Seviper seemed disinterested at best, but this was the way things often went. Couples came to shows all the time, one suffering boredom for the sake of the other. How long had Fuega been suffering for her? Voladora felt miserable at the thought, but this was no way for la Aniquiladora Alada to behave; moping behind the scenes like some nestling.

Pulling herself off of the table, Voladora stood, looking between Chris and Sothe skeptically. A couple of fans with a hair-brained scheme? A lot could go wrong. She felt a desperate need to make things right, however, which overshadowed her common sense. Around the three Pokémon, the other contenders had grown quiet, some beginning to eavesdrop at the conversation going on. News of the blow-up had already began spreading, and it was worth discussing; Voladora and Fuega had been favored for tag-team champions since being signed onto the company. A low murmur spread through the tent, as Voladora narrowed her eyes.

"You want to tell me who you two are?" She asked asked, slowly. "And what you plan to do with Fueg-... la Gallina en Guerra?"


"What indeed?" Soth pondered out loud, teasingly. Truth to be told, he was still working on his plan on the fly so as to not only make Chris understand the joys of wrestling in person, but to feel them as well. He could've tried to push her into registering the traditional and classic way, true, but they only had two days remaining of their stay, at most, and no real time to work their way into the big leagues. Yet, if they could get Voladora herself invested, perhaps they could get enough of a push to try a real, high stakes match right off the bat.

It would be a story worth remembering: 'Rookie recieves tutoring from fallen-from-grace wrestler, then beats her teacher's ex-ally and friend at grand event, live.' All is made right, and both Hawlucha and Sceptile get the vindication they deserve.

"Let me go straight to the point. Firstly, I'm Sothe, and my partner here is Orchrist. She is the toughest Seviper you will ever meet, and I mean that. She could make a grown Salamence humble faster than you could count to three. The problem is that she lacks experience and faith in the way of Lucha. BUT! What if... what if she had aid from the legendary Aniquiladora Alada, she who was blamed with holding back Gallina en Guerra off her full potential... if she could beat your once loyal friend in your name, wouldn't that prove that you were in the right? That you weren't holding Gallina back after all?"
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:17 AM   #129
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Voladora looked at Chris skeptically. It was true the Seviper was intimidating -- massive, with surly features that put even Voladora at unease -- but Fuega was a real wild card now. She had always been a tough cookie, and her power had no doubt grown exponentially now that she had evolved. Could this stranger really pull off the fight of a lifetime, with no experience, in the ring?

Voladora wasn't certain.

"She does know this isn't... a typical battle, right?" Voladora asked. "That there are rules?"

She didn't need to wait for an answer. The gleam in Sothe's eyes said enough. She couldn't help but smile, albeit weakly; the fervor of the fans was why she still did this, despite the injuries, and the long hours, and all the great many tribulations that came with a life of sacrificing her body for the entertainment of others. Sure, the trill of the fight was great, but it was the fans cheering her name -- rallying her in the darkest of times -- that really made her heart soar.

"...fine. I guess I have nothing else to lose. I already lost F-...Gallina," Voladora acquiesces. Extending a wing to Chris, she offers a clawed hand to shake, without really considering that Chris has no arms of her own. "Orchrist, was it? Your boyfriend already knows my name, so I guess it's fine to call me Voladora. It's not like I'm a luchadora enmascarada, anyway. The first thing we're going to have to do is get you a little training. There's a ring set up on the outskirts of the village that we've been using for practice, I bet it's empty right now, if you want me to take you there."


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #130
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Voladora looked at Chris skeptically. It was true the Seviper was intimidating -- massive, with surly features that put even Voladora at unease -- but Fuega was a real wild card now. She had always been a tough cookie, and her power had no doubt grown exponentially now that she had evolved. Could this stranger really pull off the fight of a lifetime, with no experience, in the ring?

Voladora wasn't certain.

"She does know this isn't... a typical battle, right?" Voladora asked. "That there are rules?"

She didn't need to wait for an answer. The gleam in Sothe's eyes said enough. She couldn't help but smile, albeit weakly; the fervor of the fans was why she still did this, despite the injuries, and the long hours, and all the great many tribulations that came with a life of sacrificing her body for the entertainment of others. Sure, the trill of the fight was great, but it was the fans cheering her name -- rallying her in the darkest of times -- that really made her heart soar.

"...fine. I guess I have nothing else to lose. I already lost F-...Gallina," Voladora acquiesces. Extending a wing to Chris, she offers a clawed hand to shake, without really considering that Chris has no arms of her own. "Orchrist, was it? Your boyfriend already knows my name, so I guess it's fine to call me Voladora. It's not like I'm a luchadora enmascarada, anyway. The first thing we're going to have to do is get you a little training. There's a ring set up on the outskirts of the village that we've been using for practice, I bet it's empty right now, if you want me to take you there."


The outer sides of Chris' lips curl up as she extends her tail (poisoned edge out, of course) to meet Voladora's claw. She found herself entertained the way things were developing, and she figured now that Sothe got her this far down the rabbit hole, she might as well go all in. Learning the rules and nuances of a new style of combat might just be just the kind of fresh experience she needed, and while she still believed it was mostly theatrics with no substance, she was willing to give it a try to sate her curiosity. In truth, she couldn't even imagine Sothe having any sort of success on his gambit. Sometimes it was hard to tell if he was a true crackejack at these sort of things or just a lucky charlatan.

"The pleasure is mine." She greeted. "I look forward to your teachings. Please do take care of me... I know I can be a handful. Mufufu~" Chris couldn't have sounded more ominous if she tried.

"This is turning to be rather exciting already, isn't?" Sothe followed up. "By all means, let's practice. You won't be disappointed!"
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #131
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
"Come on, then," Voladora sighed, picking up the Everstone up off then table and leading the pair out of the tent, and back out into the square, just in time to hear the bell ring as Salvaje al Revés triumphed over Piernas Mortales by way of submission. The crowd was in an absolutely frenzy, and it took Voladora some effort to guide Chris and Sothe through the madness.

"So, um-... you don't seem like a fan," she gathered, speaking loudly to be heard over the din, as they weaved their away away from the commotion. "So let me explain the basics of lucha libre."

Once free of the chaos, when they were walking the calm dirt roads towards the outer edge of the village, Voladora cleared her throat, and turned around, walking backwards with a grace and proficiency of someone who was used to backing into corners and dodging all sorts of dangerous things coming her way. She began gesturing with her hands as she talked.

"So, it's not a battle," was her first piece of advice, relayed firmly. "You're not supposed to use things like Poison Fang, or Thunderbolt. That's not in the spirit of the match. It's a battle of bodies, of raw physical prowess. You can, however, spice things up. For example, Gallina has this amazing flaming elbow drop, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen-"

Voladora falters, and her expression grows wistful, but she shakes it away, swallowing the lump in her throat. She waves one wing through the air, as if to dispell the cloud of sadness.

"Your body is your only weapon... usually. There's stuff like no-DQ matches... but you don't need to worry about that right now. We'll keep it basic. You can do most things to your opponent, but some stuff is off limits; the big ones are the eyes and the genitals. No eye gouging or ball stomping, get me? I'll let your boy here take you up to speed on the minutia after we get you prepped, but those are the big ones to remember. I know a real fan when I see one."

Still walking backwards, she pauses in her speaking, offering her closed fist for Sothe to bump with his own. There's a grin on her face.

"No foreign objects, no low blows, um-... yeah! So, there's four primary ways for you to win... or, rather, for your opponent to lose. The big ones are by pin fall or submission; I'll explain those when we get to the ring. There's also by ring-out; if you or your opponent are outside of the ring for a full ten count, that's a loss. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. The other big match killer is going to be by DQ -- er, disqualification. If you break any rules, you get disqualified, which is a loss. Be on your best behavior... or at least don't let the ref see you cheat."

Finally turning around to watch where she was going, Voladora seemed surprised to have come upon another, smaller group of Pokémon, similar to that in the square. Quieter and more sparse, they were spaced around a similar yet shoddier ring to that of the one that had departed. There was a thunderous thud as a Tsareena pile-drove a Kirlia into the mat.

"Oh-... I guess they're still practicing," Voladora groaned, dismally. Glancing at Chris and Sothe, she grimaced. "Hold on."

Sprinting up to the ringside, she grabbed the bottom rope, and called out loudly, in an incredibly apologetic tone.

"Hey, Sweetness!"

The Tsareena looked up from the Kirlia, who was trying -- and failing -- to work her way out of a cover.

"Yeah, Ani?" Sweetness -- presumably part of a ring name -- asked, sounding bored as a luchador in gym shorts and a mask, acting as a makeshift referee, called the three count.

"I need the ring for a bit," Voladora explained.

"Yeah, okay," The Tsareena agreed, as she let the Kirlia up. "Non of these plebians can hold up to Seńorita Sweetness anyway."

"Terrible, terrible ring name," Voladora teased, in a display of behind-the-scenes playfulness.

"They said I needed to play up the language," Sweetness pouted. "I don't know the language! I'm from Melemele! I wanted to be 'O 'Ono."

"Yeah, the promoter is from like... Kalos? He wants to sell the 'exotic' factor, it's stupid," Voladora agreed, as Sweetness cleared out of the ring, helping her dazed opponent out with one arm slung over the shoulder. "Be gentle with the jobbers, would you? They have dreams too."

Turning back towards Orchrist and Sothe, Voladora motioned for them to join her at ringside. "You guys ready?!" She enthused. "I'll get you in the ring, Orchrist, and start showing you some stuff!"


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #132
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
"Come on, then," Voladora sighed, picking up the Everstone up off then table and leading the pair out of the tent, and back out into the square, just in time to hear the bell ring as Salvaje al Revés triumphed over Piernas Mortales by way of submission. The crowd was in an absolutely frenzy, and it took Voladora some effort to guide Chris and Sothe through the madness.

"So, um-... you don't seem like a fan," she gathered, speaking loudly to be heard over the din, as they weaved their away away from the commotion. "So let me explain the basics of lucha libre."

Once free of the chaos, when they were walking the calm dirt roads towards the outer edge of the village, Voladora cleared her throat, and turned around, walking backwards with a grace and proficiency of someone who was used to backing into corners and dodging all sorts of dangerous things coming her way. She began gesturing with her hands as she talked.

"So, it's not a battle," was her first piece of advice, relayed firmly. "You're not supposed to use things like Poison Fang, or Thunderbolt. That's not in the spirit of the match. It's a battle of bodies, of raw physical prowess. You can, however, spice things up. For example, Gallina has this amazing flaming elbow drop, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen-"

Voladora falters, and her expression grows wistful, but she shakes it away, swallowing the lump in her throat. She waves one wing through the air, as if to dispell the cloud of sadness.

"Your body is your only weapon... usually. There's stuff like no-DQ matches... but you don't need to worry about that right now. We'll keep it basic. You can do most things to your opponent, but some stuff is off limits; the big ones are the eyes and the genitals. No eye gouging or ball stomping, get me? I'll let your boy here take you up to speed on the minutia after we get you prepped, but those are the big ones to remember. I know a real fan when I see one."

Still walking backwards, she pauses in her speaking, offering her closed fist for Sothe to bump with his own. There's a grin on her face.

"No foreign objects, no low blows, um-... yeah! So, there's four primary ways for you to win... or, rather, for your opponent to lose. The big ones are by pin fall or submission; I'll explain those when we get to the ring. There's also by ring-out; if you or your opponent are outside of the ring for a full ten count, that's a loss. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. The other big match killer is going to be by DQ -- er, disqualification. If you break any rules, you get disqualified, which is a loss. Be on your best behavior... or at least don't let the ref see you cheat."

Finally turning around to watch where she was going, Voladora seemed surprised to have come upon another, smaller group of Pokémon, similar to that in the square. Quieter and more sparse, they were spaced around a similar yet shoddier ring to that of the one that had departed. There was a thunderous thud as a Tsareena pile-drove a Kirlia into the mat.

"Oh-... I guess they're still practicing," Voladora groaned, dismally. Glancing at Chris and Sothe, she grimaced. "Hold on."

Sprinting up to the ringside, she grabbed the bottom rope, and called out loudly, in an incredibly apologetic tone.

"Hey, Sweetness!"

The Tsareena looked up from the Kirlia, who was trying -- and failing -- to work her way out of a cover.

"Yeah, Ani?" Sweetness -- presumably part of a ring name -- asked, sounding bored as a luchador in gym shorts and a mask, acting as a makeshift referee, called the three count.

"I need the ring for a bit," Voladora explained.

"Yeah, okay," The Tsareena agreed, as she let the Kirlia up. "Non of these plebians can hold up to Seńorita Sweetness anyway."

"Terrible, terrible ring name," Voladora teased, in a display of behind-the-scenes playfulness.

"They said I needed to play up the language," Sweetness pouted. "I don't know the language! I'm from Melemele! I wanted to be 'O 'Ono."

"Yeah, the promoter is from like... Kalos? He wants to sell the 'exotic' factor, it's stupid," Voladora agreed, as Sweetness cleared out of the ring, helping her dazed opponent out with one arm slung over the shoulder. "Be gentle with the jobbers, would you? They have dreams too."

Turning back towards Orchrist and Sothe, Voladora motioned for them to join her at ringside. "You guys ready?!" She enthused. "I'll get you in the ring, Orchrist, and start showing you some stuff!"


Sothe couldn't help feeling a slight ego boost in response to Voladora's acknowledgement. He did consider himself a bit of a savant on the subject, even though he never willingly brought it up in conversation under any other circumstance. As a fan, he was living the dream, and having his mate get in the ring to do some wrasslin' against other lovely ladies was the icing on the cake. His twisted decadence knew no bounds. He plays it cool and matches fistbumps with the professional luchadora, casually, though internally he was screeching like a fangirl.

Once reached the training grounds, the trio is treated to the sight of another group going through their own drills. Chris in particular found herself impressed by the scrawny Kirlia being slammed headfirst by Seńorita Sweetness - such fragile creatures, while strong of mind and will, simply weren't meant to match raw muscle against more athletically developed fighters. It took a special kind of someone to step into the ring under such a severe handicap. Perhaps someone too brave, or too stubborn, but special nonetheless.

The idea of handicapping oneself in order to exalt the virtue of physical prowess seemed to be one of the central themes of lucha. With restricted use of her fangs, blade, and her most impressive repertoire of special techniques, she was feeling like someone was figuratively tying her arm behind her back (if she could ever conceive what having an arm is like, to begin with). Yet, this didn't really affect her confidence much. Despite the limitations, her body itself was a literal tube of pure muscle, honed and tempered to its absolute limits. If a means of submission was all it took to win a match, then victory was all but assured. What sort of challenger could even hope to escape her grasp without being crushed to dust first? Or at least such was her line of thought. Sothe would later have to remind her that the sport had a bit more complexity than just 'crushing the opponent while handicapped', though at the moment the Seviper had enough of everyone's tiresome ramblings. The best way to learn, essentially, was through hands-on experience despite her lack of hands!

Thus, when incited to get into the ring, Chris wasted not a second to spring herself forward and slide right under the lowermost rope, coiling herself back to proper form at the center of the ring. She looked around carefully at her sparse audience. She was hoping for a chance to showoff to a larger crowd, but this would have to do just fine.

"Well then, I'm ready to be shown the ropes. Don't hold back Ani, I'm a tough nut to crack. Try me."
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-20-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #133
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Voladora made a leap for the top rope, and using the momentum, launched herself into the rung, where she rolled a couple of times before coming to a stop on her feet.

"You're eager!" She praised. "I like that. But let me run you through pin falls and submissions real quick, yeah? Pin falls are pretty simmple, you just have to keep your opponent's shoulders on the mat for a three count. Sometimes, in specialty matches, it's longer, but... you don't need to worry about that. You don't have shoulders, of course, but most things have shoulder blades..."

She paused, and approached Orchrist; placing a hand on her trunk, a certain ways down from her head, she began groping, as if looking for something under the thick muscle.

"You can't really feel them, unless something goes very wrong, but what's left of your scapula are going to be about here. The refs know it, and Gallina is going to know it, so you need to know it too, because you're going to want to keep that off the mat. The good news for you is, most smart contenders aren't going to try and pin a serpent. It's too hard to get you folk on your back and even harder to keep you there for a full three."

Clearing her throat, beginning to go hoarse from all the talking she's been doing, Voladora takes a moment to breathe, before continuing.

"What most contenders are going to do -- what Gallina will likely do -- is try to get the submission on you. You don't have limbs to torque or a rigid spine to compromise so you're going to have to watch out for thing like choke holds. Likewise, you're not really equiped to do a lot of arm bars or anything, but I bet you can do a mean sleeper hold!"

Voladora laughed, before moving on to her last bit of information.

"With the submissions, your goal is to get them to tap out. Do you know what a tap out is? It's this..." -- she struck her own chest repeatedly, as if tapping out -- "...you know, like they're asking for mercy? The only think you really need to watch out for is the ropes. If you or the opponent are touching the ropes during a submission or a cover -- that's when you're holding them down during a three count -- then it's null and you have to let them up. That's because a match can only end if both contenders are fully inside the ring. Your opponent will try to go for the ropes to break a submission so watch out for that."

Glancing at Sothe, as if to seek his approval, she asks, "That's everything, yeah? I'm so used to this, I kind of forget what isn't common knowledge."

The luchador who had been acting as a ref in Sweetness' match -- a Timburr -- was slumped over one of the turn buckles, waiting for the action to begin.

"We ready?" He complained. Voladora nodded.

"Yeah, I guess," Voladora agreed. She looked at Orchrist. "Come at me, I want to see what you've got, okay? And don't be afraid to hurt me, I'm a tough birdie!"

"Ding," the Timburr said, miming a bell as they didn't have one on hand. He gravitated towards the fighters in the ring. Voladora took a defensive stance, knees bent and wings up, as she began to slowly circle the Seviper.

Let the match begin !


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #134
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Voladora made a leap for the top rope, and using the momentum, launched herself into the rung, where she rolled a couple of times before coming to a stop on her feet.

"You're eager!" She praised. "I like that. But let me run you through pin falls and submissions real quick, yeah? Pin falls are pretty simmple, you just have to keep your opponent's shoulders on the mat for a three count. Sometimes, in specialty matches, it's longer, but... you don't need to worry about that. You don't have shoulders, of course, but most things have shoulder blades..."

She paused, and approached Orchrist; placing a hand on her trunk, a certain ways down from her head, she began groping, as if looking for something under the thick muscle.

"You can't really feel them, unless something goes very wrong, but what's left of your scapula are going to be about here. The refs know it, and Gallina is going to know it, so you need to know it too, because you're going to want to keep that off the mat. The good news for you is, most smart contenders aren't going to try and pin a serpent. It's too hard to get you folk on your back and even harder to keep you there for a full three."

Clearing her throat, beginning to go hoarse from all the talking she's been doing, Voladora takes a moment to breathe, before continuing.

"What most contenders are going to do -- what Gallina will likely do -- is try to get the submission on you. You don't have limbs to torque or a rigid spine to compromise so you're going to have to watch out for thing like choke holds. Likewise, you're not really equiped to do a lot of arm bars or anything, but I bet you can do a mean sleeper hold!"

Voladora laughed, before moving on to her last bit of information.

"With the submissions, your goal is to get them to tap out. Do you know what a tap out is? It's this..." -- she struck her own chest repeatedly, as if tapping out -- "...you know, like they're asking for mercy? The only think you really need to watch out for is the ropes. If you or the opponent are touching the ropes during a submission or a cover -- that's when you're holding them down during a three count -- then it's null and you have to let them up. That's because a match can only end if both contenders are fully inside the ring. Your opponent will try to go for the ropes to break a submission so watch out for that."

Glancing at Sothe, as if to seek his approval, she asks, "That's everything, yeah? I'm so used to this, I kind of forget what isn't common knowledge."

The luchador who had been acting as a ref in Sweetness' match -- a Timburr -- was slumped over one of the turn buckles, waiting for the action to begin.

"We ready?" He complained. Voladora nodded.

"Yeah, I guess," Voladora agreed. She looked at Orchrist. "Come at me, I want to see what you've got, okay? And don't be afraid to hurt me, I'm a tough birdie!"

"Ding," the Timburr said, miming a bell as they didn't have one on hand. He gravitated towards the fighters in the ring. Voladora took a defensive stance, knees bent and wings up, as she began to slowly circle the Seviper.

Let the match begin !


Having gone over the details for victory (or failure) conditions, it was time for the sparring match to officially start, and soon enough, both combatants found themselves circling each other at the center of the ring. Voladora seemed to take a defensive position, waiting for the Seviper to take the first move. Chris in turn studied her movements closely, trying to determine the most efficient line of attack. She waited until they circled into close enough proximity... and lashed out. Though limbless, her body itself was basically a single thick, powerful and flexible appendage. Like a whip, it could be used in a number of creative ways, and this time around she intended to latch on to her opponent, before whipping her off towards the ropes and catch her on the return with a clothesline, using the full weight of her body. If successful, it could be the perfect time to show the Hawlucha jut how mean her choke hold really was.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-20-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #135
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

The trio make their way along the Rainforest, their goal as clear as possible given the circumstances: bring back anything valuable for her Trainer. The harder question would be, what would a luxury-loving woman want from a wild biome like the rainforest to begin with?

Samantha takes the lead, and her stubbornness to take in as many of the natural scents of this place as possible yields an unexpected result: for some reason, the deeper the group heads into the lush woods, the less intense the scents become! It makes absolutely no sense, and in an odd twist of logic, Samantha finds herself tracking the lack of smell with progressively greater curiosity, hastening her pace as she goes and forcing Mime Jr and Vulpix to hurry along as well. The deeper in they go, Pixie notices, the drier the towering trees become, as does the grass beneath their feet… what’s going on here?

It isn’t until they reach a small clearing that the issue becomes somewhat more apparent. Standing motionless in the very center, a bird seems to be roosting, completely motionless. But as Alice’s team draws nearer, it suddenly leaps up and turns around with a very serious expression on its face – it’s a Farfetch’d!

“Halt!” he whispers, pointing his stalk at Samantha. “Not another step! This place isn’t safe.”

Not oblivious to the trio’s puzzled look, the stern duck goes on to explain, keeping his voice down as if afraid to wake something up.

“This forest is dying, as you’re no doubt already noticed. Something is draining the rainforest of its water and nutrients, robbing every plant of its vigor, of its very life! This cannot be allowed to continue. The cause for this lies beyond this clearing, and you caught me meditating before I tackle this great challenge.”

The Farfetch’d talks funny, Pixie notices, but his heart seems to be in the right place. It is clear he doesn’t know exactly what the problem is, but his sense of honor forces him to act. Whatever it is that is killing the forest, it must be either huge or in great numbers, to be able to cause such widespread drought. Will the group get themselves involved or, at the obvious lack of beautiful treasures to take from this half-dead forest, seek adventure elsewhere?
Pixie wasn't oblivious to the lack of scent, either, although it took her a little longer to realise that Samantha was following that strangeness on purpose. Of course, Mimi's nose wasn't as acute as theirs, but the baby seemed unsure about the sights going forward. Rather than beautiful rainforest, the brush seemed to be lacking luster and everything was sadly drooping in defeat. This wasn't what was advertised, right? Was it normal? Had it not rained enough or something?

"I don't like this..." She squeaked, one hand resting on Pixie's cool fur. It was refreshing in the heat. Eyes wandering, Mimi yelped, posing dramatically in imitation of the Farfetch'd now facing them (it was subconscious, and she wasn't even aware of it). Samantha looked peeved, eyes narrowed, snarling; and Pixie was cooler than a cucumber. She was much happier to wait and listen than their seeming-leader, who was offended that she had been ordered to halt.

"If there's nothing here, then we might as well go." Samantha decided in her rough, dismissive voice, already turning to go. Mimi was quivering, peering behind Farfetch'd towards the clearing. She wasn't exactly battle experienced, although Alice seemed to believe that the Pokemon was more than capable.
"Wait, Samantha." Pixie coaxed, and the canine glowered, halting her paws. "If we help, it will be good training and a good story. We have time. And if the whole forest dies, it might spread to the rest of the island. No more holidays."

The latter reasoned seemed to perk the dog's ears more than the rest. Alice probably wouldn't understand a story unless Mimi telepathically conveyed it (their trainer was so weird and a bit dumb, in her opinion), but the experience would show, and Samantha didn't mind a scrap. Plus...
"Fine. But I want stuff out of it." Samantha declared, turning back around to look at the bird. Mimi whimpered.
"You don't have to join in." Pixie soothed, "And you don't need to bully people for payment, Sammy."

Didn't need to, but was definitely going to. They'd better be hailed as heroines of the Isle forevermore once this was over and done with. Bounty for days-- and maybe the little mimic might have some spine after the fact, too.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 PM   #136
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,913
Maskerade- In an instant the race had started and Munchlax found himself already struggling to keep up with the Lombre he was up against. Staryu and the other Lombre were already waiting down at the water, the starfish was spinning around anxiously. Munchlax wasn't built for this, he was far too heavy and found himself sinking into the soft sand, slowing him considerably. Thinking quickly, Munchlax quickly forms a small soft boiled egg and tosses it at the Lombre's feet. His shot is on target and it clips the Lombre's leg, causing him to collapse face first into the sand. Munchlax laughs as he passes the Water and Grass type who is left rubbing sand out of his eyes. With the end of his leg in sight, Munchlax surges through the sand, still surprised that his sneak stunt had worked.

Suddenly sand is sent flicking up in the Munchlax's face as the Lombre speeds ahead, moving considerably faster than it was before. "Thanks for the food hombre, thank egg was delicious!" It seems that the Lombre had devoured the egg and used it for a burst of energy. It stretches out its arm and slaps the hand of its partner, who quickly dives into the water and starts swimming out for the buoy. The Lombre is halfway out to the buoy when Munchlax finally arrives, quickly tagging in Staryu who drops into the water and starts her pursuit. To the Staryu's credit, it was making ground, as the Lombre rounds the buoy the starfish finds itself a few metres behind. It's not long before the Staryu draws level with the Lombre, the two are neck and neck as they come into the final stretch. Suddenly the Lombre assures its victory, a quick surprising strike startles Staryu, causing it to flinch! The Lombre puts in one final surge as it reaches for the finish line, Staryu pulls itself together and tries as hard as it can but it just isn't enough. As the Lombre touches down on the beach, the other gives it a giant high-five. Staryu looks annoyed as it reaches the shore, it pulls up next to Munchlax, its gem flashing angrily.

"Hey homes we told you anything was fair, you played dirty we played dirty, better luck in the next challenge aye?" The Lombre laughed confidently, they were already one up and if they won the next challenge then it was all over. "Alright we have the next challenge set up over here, follow us." Munchlax and Staryu follow the Lombres, the tension between the pair was surely growing. The Lombres come to a stop at a large, low table that has been set up on the beach, a large cooler sits next to it. Munchlax's stomach rumbles, what was in that cooler?! "Hope you like spice ese, this next challenge is an eating challenge! The Lombre open the cooler, immediately filling the air with the scent of savoury spices, causing Munchlax to drool feverishly. The quickly pile up a tower of tomale, this was surely going to be an easy win? "I hope you can handle the heat, these tomale are hotter than a Slugma! My brother here loves them, he has an iron stomach and eats these on a daily basis. Just one verse one this time, mano a mano, who's it going to be?

Munchlax and Staryu gained 1 level from the race
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:00 AM   #137
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Meetan:

((OoC: Is Pixie now Nina?))

Farfetch'd listens on in silence as the group bickers and the self-proclaimed leader of the party makes her demands - outrageous ones, judging by the wild duck's expression, who was clearly in no position to either reward them himself nor could he determine what would be salvageable after all was said and done. Fortunately, all in all, the majority vote seemed to be in favor of helping out, or so Farfetch'd assumed, and he turns his attention back to the woods ahead.

"I... assume I can count on your aid then," he summarizes, more to himself than anything. "I cannot fathom what is causing the forest to wither, but it is a safe assumption that this is the work of a powerful being, or at least a very large and hungry one. We should proceed with caution."

He grabs his stalk like a sword, and prepares to advance, before hesitating briefly. His gentlemanly instincts kicking in - and no doubt having sensed Samantha's... "strong" personality - the wild duck looks over at the Snubbull as if asking her if he can take the lead, or if she wanted to go ahead. Either way, the party heads out of the clearing and back into the woods, under the guidance Farfetch'd and towards the area where the plantlife seems drier.

It looks to be a fairly uneventful track along the half-dead forest, unsettling silence surrounding the group; Farfetch'd remains vigilant, and his heightened senses allow for a fast reaction a mere split-second after the rustling of dry bushes breaks the monotony of the journey.

"On your guard," he whispers.

From behind some nearby yellow foliage, a trio of strange-looking Pokémon float towards the party. Two eerie beams of light escape from the their round, peach-colored bodies, and their eyes are filled with maddening thirst. The three Pumpkaboo keep advancing towards the group, visibly enthralled at the possibility of draining whatever fluids they can find in the dried-up forest.

"All trace of reason is gone from their expressions," Farfetch'd notices. "It is unlikely these three are responsible for draining the entire forest, but they've obviously been affected by this drought to the point of madness. We must defend ourselves!"
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:01 AM   #138
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- In an instant the race had started and Munchlax found himself already struggling to keep up with the Lombre he was up against. Staryu and the other Lombre were already waiting down at the water, the starfish was spinning around anxiously. Munchlax wasn't built for this, he was far too heavy and found himself sinking into the soft sand, slowing him considerably. Thinking quickly, Munchlax quickly forms a small soft boiled egg and tosses it at the Lombre's feet. His shot is on target and it clips the Lombre's leg, causing him to collapse face first into the sand. Munchlax laughs as he passes the Water and Grass type who is left rubbing sand out of his eyes. With the end of his leg in sight, Munchlax surges through the sand, still surprised that his sneak stunt had worked.

Suddenly sand is sent flicking up in the Munchlax's face as the Lombre speeds ahead, moving considerably faster than it was before. "Thanks for the food hombre, thank egg was delicious!" It seems that the Lombre had devoured the egg and used it for a burst of energy. It stretches out its arm and slaps the hand of its partner, who quickly dives into the water and starts swimming out for the buoy. The Lombre is halfway out to the buoy when Munchlax finally arrives, quickly tagging in Staryu who drops into the water and starts her pursuit. To the Staryu's credit, it was making ground, as the Lombre rounds the buoy the starfish finds itself a few metres behind. It's not long before the Staryu draws level with the Lombre, the two are neck and neck as they come into the final stretch. Suddenly the Lombre assures its victory, a quick surprising strike startles Staryu, causing it to flinch! The Lombre puts in one final surge as it reaches for the finish line, Staryu pulls itself together and tries as hard as it can but it just isn't enough. As the Lombre touches down on the beach, the other gives it a giant high-five. Staryu looks annoyed as it reaches the shore, it pulls up next to Munchlax, its gem flashing angrily.

"Hey homes we told you anything was fair, you played dirty we played dirty, better luck in the next challenge aye?" The Lombre laughed confidently, they were already one up and if they won the next challenge then it was all over. "Alright we have the next challenge set up over here, follow us." Munchlax and Staryu follow the Lombres, the tension between the pair was surely growing. The Lombres come to a stop at a large, low table that has been set up on the beach, a large cooler sits next to it. Munchlax's stomach rumbles, what was in that cooler?! "Hope you like spice ese, this next challenge is an eating challenge! The Lombre open the cooler, immediately filling the air with the scent of savoury spices, causing Munchlax to drool feverishly. The quickly pile up a tower of tomale, this was surely going to be an easy win? "I hope you can handle the heat, these tomale are hotter than a Slugma! My brother here loves them, he has an iron stomach and eats these on a daily basis. Just one verse one this time, mano a mano, who's it going to be?

Munchlax and Staryu gained 1 level from the race
As it turned out, Munchlax wasn't the only one who could play dirty. Working in tandem, as if they'd done it several times before, the Lombre duo managed to win the race in the end, and even though Munchlax's distaste towards Staryu was no secret, he knew he couldn't possibly pin the loss on the starfish this time. But despite his usual disinterest, the bear was now finding a dormant competitive spirit slowly welling up within him, especially now that he was beginning to understand the kind of characters they were up against. If only for this reason, Munchlax insisted on taking over the next challenge, whatever it turned out to be - and in the end, it was most fortunate that he did.

As it turned out, the next round proposed by the Lombre was an eating contest, and in that regard, they were bringing a knife to a gunfight; no matter how spicy it was, Munchlax knew his stomach could digest absolutely anything, and with his current level of hunger, the Grass-Types were playing with fire by issuing such a challenge. Boldly stepping forward, salivating at the rich scent of the tamale, Munchlax grinned with overwhelming confidence - unless the Lombre planned on sewing his mouth shut, no amount of trickery would see him lose this round - at this point, he was famished enough to eat not only the tamale, but the Lombre themselves as salad if they tried to pull any more tricks.

Staryu, meanwhile, still visibly upset at having been (questionably) beaten in the race. stood back and watched, knowing it would be anatomically impossible for it to be of any help at the moment - after all, it lacked a mouth to begin with. It did, however, remain vigilant of both Lombre's antics, in case wither of them tried to rig the second leg of the contest which, by all accounts, Munchlax should have no trouble handling. If either Grass-Type tried something funny, the starfish would catch them red-handed.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #139
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

((OoC: Is Pixie now Nina?))

Farfetch'd listens on in silence as the group bickers and the self-proclaimed leader of the party makes her demands - outrageous ones, judging by the wild duck's expression, who was clearly in no position to either reward them himself nor could he determine what would be salvageable after all was said and done. Fortunately, all in all, the majority vote seemed to be in favor of helping out, or so Farfetch'd assumed, and he turns his attention back to the woods ahead.

"I... assume I can count on your aid then," he summarizes, more to himself than anything. "I cannot fathom what is causing the forest to wither, but it is a safe assumption that this is the work of a powerful being, or at least a very large and hungry one. We should proceed with caution."

He grabs his stalk like a sword, and prepares to advance, before hesitating briefly. His gentlemanly instincts kicking in - and no doubt having sensed Samantha's... "strong" personality - the wild duck looks over at the Snubbull as if asking her if he can take the lead, or if she wanted to go ahead. Either way, the party heads out of the clearing and back into the woods, under the guidance Farfetch'd and towards the area where the plantlife seems drier.

It looks to be a fairly uneventful track along the half-dead forest, unsettling silence surrounding the group; Farfetch'd remains vigilant, and his heightened senses allow for a fast reaction a mere split-second after the rustling of dry bushes breaks the monotony of the journey.

"On your guard," he whispers.

From behind some nearby yellow foliage, a trio of strange-looking Pokémon float towards the party. Two eerie beams of light escape from the their round, peach-colored bodies, and their eyes are filled with maddening thirst. The three Pumpkaboo keep advancing towards the group, visibly enthralled at the possibility of draining whatever fluids they can find in the dried-up forest.

"All trace of reason is gone from their expressions," Farfetch'd notices. "It is unlikely these three are responsible for draining the entire forest, but they've obviously been affected by this drought to the point of madness. We must defend ourselves!"
((She is omg I think I failed to make my mind up then failed to announce it RIP I'm sowwy.))

"Yes," That was the standard answer that Nina gave the Farfetch'd checking on them, the three following his lead (Samantha more reluctant than even Mimi, who lacked both as much bravery and her attitude problem). Still, being asked to lead the charge boosted her ego, and so she happily did so, posture seeming to straighten so that the gruff Pokemon looked bigger and bolder than she might have been before.

When the bird speaks its warning and conclusion, Samantha's already raring to go. Her fangs lit up with aggressive flames, the dog bounds into action without a moment to lose-- so much so that Mimi is stunned. These clearly weren't the big beasties draining the forest, but they were clearly aligned with said force and pretty spooky-scary to boot. "Get back if you need to." Nina warned, mostly because the attack she was going to use - her only move, unfortunately - was powder snow. The fox's eyes seemed to glow blue, like jewels, as she stood back on her haunches and whipped up a soft blizzard. Nina's tails fluttered behind her. It might have been weak, but it was not an assault that Nina wanted chilling their new friend in the process.

"Help defend us." Nina urged, and it was obvious who she was addressing only when the Mime exclaimed 'oh!'. Waving her little hands, the Pokemon attempted to use her barrier action to reduce oncoming damage - if only by a sliver - and follow up with confusion. Of course the latter would be weak against ghosts, but anything would help against the oncoming opponents. Mimi could help chip away while the others held their ground.
__________________

Last edited by Meetan; 07-27-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #140
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
It’s about time someone got this adventure to move along, Median Dia. I’ll do my best to keep you updated in a prompt and entertaining manner. Also, I’ll be taking on Sandaa’s adventure from here on out upon personal request. I got some fun things planned out for you both, so look forward to that!

Median Dia:
Dropping off on the pristine coast of Incognito Isle, the group wastes not a single moment to embark on their personal quest, one apparently not born out of personal desire for leisure activity, but rather in answer of a transcendent calling, or at least, such was the case for Miapladicus, who could feel something going on down to its very core. Whatever could it possibly be? Perhaps it might be an omen of some sort, signaling the start of a new era, or calling out the advent of some otherwordly lord, or maybe it’s the work of fate, designating the start of a greater purpose for the young Water-type. Regardless, surely, an answer to such a mysterious question could hardly be found within this frontier of polarizing harmony - a relaxation heaven for just about any kind of tourist although sadly nothing much more appealing than that. No, if one were to look for the stars, one would have instead to climb to the mountain’s very summit before communing with the spirits of the cosmos. The isle’s Bubbling Beach was only the starting point of this grand adventure, and Mia knew this well. How exciting! Louise and Elen would likely have to stay extra focused if they ever wished to keep up with the Staryu’s pace… and on that note, there seemed to be yet someone else also trying to catch up as well.

”Oiiii!” A faint cry is heard in the distance, aimed in the direction of the traveling group. An encore followed soon after. “Ooooooiiiiiiiii!”

Louise is first to turn and take notice, and manages to discern the figure of a small and blue crustacean, trying its best to catch up with the party, despite not being particularly well equipped for the task.

“Please, hold up! I beg of you!” the Clauncher cried, a bit pathetically.

Nothing’s ever straightforward and easy, is it? There’s always some inconveniently timed distraction, yet, it seems like one that can be safely ignored this time around? How will the group respond?



Sandaa:
With the situation turning so dire and so fast, retreat was, perhaps, the most sensible of options. Even for someone at the very pinnacle of his strength, like Thorn, fighting to his fullest would be almost impossible while simultaneously watching over everyone else. For his sake, and theirs, they had to leave, and quickly. This gesture, would also prove to be key towards assuring a safe escape from the vicious assailants, at least, for the more vulnerable members of the group. It was a win-win for everyone, arguably. Surely, with the dead weight off his shoulders, Thorn could better manage on his own?

Both Lynxa and Buru are quick to follow their leader’s instruction, and make way towards the last remaining exit before they were all engulfed in a circle of flame. As far as the injured Eevee was concerned, it was likely the only window of life it had left.

The Houndoom seem suddenly anxious to pursue in response, and reveal themselves in their entirety - all 3 of them- from the shadows. The seemingly youngest one of the lot, the same to have been so easily goaded out of hiding earlier, takes the lead, while the others follow closely behind, spiked grounds be damned. The Cacturne takes aim, and fires a volley of thorns to stop them in their tracks.

The first beast stumbles and rolls forward as he meets the wave, yelping in pain as its body is ravaged by a thousand cuts. The other two manage to dart sideways out of harm’s way. One of them, the most imposing one and bearer of a noticeable scar across its forehead and snout, stops and barks a guttural snarl as its throat alights itself. An instant later, an incandescent stream of flames is spewed forth. Thorn reacts quickly, whips out his forearm and launches a pulse of water as if a cannonball. Both attacks meet, exploding into a thick and searing cloud of steam.

Thorn barely notices something moving out of his periphery, and it is then that a flame-cloaked maw is suddenly thrust out of the cloud of smoke and vapor and into his flank; its igneous fangs sizzling as they pierce skin. This Houndoom, the third one, releases its grip and sidesteps an incoming jab, then another, and dives underneath a third one. Thorn had anticipated this, and meets the beast with a vengeful upward smash. He felt the cracking of bone as his opponent was sent flying, landing with a thud a couple yards or so away. Yet, by the end of it all, none of his opponents seemed ready to give up.

“Enough!” The scarred one commanded as the other two started to regain their footing, muttering curses under their breaths. “You fight well, warrior, but there needn’t be any more bloodshed. You are not our mark. We only seek the Eevee thiefling. Step aside, and we promise no harm will fall your other companions.” Thorn notices the ring of fire had just finished closing off. Escaping would likely require more… effort. “Continue interfering, and we will take you down.”

What now, Thorn?

----------

“Haa… Haa…” The Eevee's panting grows ever more pained with each passing moment as Lynxa and Buru proceed with their escape. An acute yip escapes it every now and then, presumably out of some serious internal injury. “Please… our base is… just ahead. I… have... to get there. I… haa… must. Please, please… please.

Thorn still hadn’t caught up with the group yet, but the Eevee probably couldn’t count with the luxury of delaying a single second longer. Time is of the essence. How do they proceed?

Last edited by Balmund; 07-29-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #141
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Meetan: The Pumpkaboo trio advance undeterred in the face of danger, or perhaps just too hungry to properly evaluate the situation. As a result, they react much too slowly, and before they know it, Samantha is already digging her Fire Fangs into one of the oncoming Ghosts. It screeches in pain, reeling from the damaging hit, its pumpkin-like body scorched and pierced... and yet it does not relent.

A swirl of leaves materializes behind the injured Pumpkaboo before homing in on the Snubbull, each like a blade slashing away at the dog's tiny frame. Fortunately, a few of the Razor Leaves veer off-path thanks to the sudden chilly wind that blows in the opposite direction, courtesy of Nina, whose Powder Snow is also proving quite effective against the living plants.

Suddenly, one of the Pumpkaboo vanishes into thin air, before emerging from Nina's own shadow and striking her from behind with Shadow Sneak, sending the young Vulpix to the ground. It floats ominously above the Ice-Type, eager to drink its cooling energy; it arches its body back, and unleashes a barrage of Bullet Seeds at point-blank range... but they bounce harmlessly off a previously-invisible Barrier hastily conjured by the inexperienced Mimi! Capitalizing on the Pumpkaboo's confusion, the Mime Jr. adds some of her own, tampering as best she can with the ghost's mind with a Confusion of her own, but to little effect...

What does prove extremely effective is Farfetch'd's contribution: biding his time to pick his target, the samurai-like wild duck finally sets his sights on the Pumpkaboo already injured by Fire Fang and Powder Snow, and with blinding-fast speed lunges at it. An Aerial Ace later, one that would've made Kojiro Sasaki proud, and the ghost screeched one final time, before evaporating completely from the field of battle and, quite possibly, the material world altogether.

"We must not relent," insisted Farfetch'd. "We outnumber them! Let us dispatch these minor foes so we can move forward!"
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #142
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

Median Dia:
Dropping off on the pristine coast of Incognito Isle, the group wastes not a single moment to embark on their personal quest, one apparently not born out of personal desire for leisure activity, but rather in answer of a transcendent calling, or at least, such was the case for Miapladicus, who could feel something going on down to its very core. Whatever could it possibly be? Perhaps it might be an omen of some sort, signaling the start of a new era, or calling out the advent of some otherwordly lord, or maybe it’s the work of fate, designating the start of a greater purpose for the young Water-type. Regardless, surely, an answer to such a mysterious question could hardly be found within this frontier of polarizing harmony - a relaxation heaven for just about any kind of tourist although sadly nothing much more appealing than that. No, if one were to look for the stars, one would have instead to climb to the mountain’s very summit before communing with the spirits of the cosmos. The isle’s Bubbling Beach was only the starting point of this grand adventure, and Mia knew this well. How exciting! Louise and Elen would likely have to stay extra focused if they ever wished to keep up with the Staryu’s pace… and on that note, there seemed to be yet someone else also trying to catch up as well.

”Oiiii!” A faint cry is heard in the distance, aimed in the direction of the traveling group. An encore followed soon after. “Ooooooiiiiiiiii!”

Louise is first to turn and take notice, and manages to discern the figure of a small and blue crustacean, trying its best to catch up with the party, despite not being particularly well equipped for the task.

“Please, hold up! I beg of you!” the Clauncher cried, a bit pathetically.

Nothing’s ever straightforward and easy, is it? There’s always some inconveniently timed distraction, yet, it seems like one that can be safely ignored this time around? How will the group respond?
Shk, shk, shk! The sound of sand scrunching beneath Louise's feet drowned out almost everything else as she tried to keep up with the more spry sea creatures, with even the sea itself just barely making itself known. Well, that was the case before a somewhat scratchy voice managed to pierce the monotony. "Hold!" she called to her charges, slowing down to a walk. "And come back to me, please!"

'Pudloh eht s'tahw?' Elen asked as he approached, with Mia surprisingly not being too far behind.

The mawile pointed in the direction of the voice. "We're being hailed by a local."

'Os?'
The inkay clearly wasn't particularly impressed by the blue, off-balanced crustacean in the distance. 'Gnihtemos otno eb ot smees dalP.'

'That can probably wait, Elen,' the staryu in question admitted. 'I doubt Louise would call off a race just to suit her whims!'

"You saw that as a race?" The mawile shook her head briefly, clearing such pointless thoughts from her mind. "You two need to remember that we are visitors in their territory. It would be in our best interest to at least listen to what they has to say- I do not feel like getting hunted down like a criminal for ignoring a chief's child or something stupid like that!"

'In other words, you want to add this little guy to the party?' It was hard to tell exactly what Mia meant by 'party' in this case, and its blank "face" certainly didn't help the others fish out an answer.

"...Probably." Louise turned around and headed in the clauncher's direction, beckoning the others to follow suite. "Let's just see what they have to say for now, and act from there."
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #143
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Jerichi:

"You want me to give you one of his gems!?" The Carbink looked aggravated. "What kind of Carbink do you take me for!?"

Violette tugged at the Reaper Cloth draped around the neck of the skeleton as the Carbink argued with Ai and Koi. She was so enchanted by it that she couldn't help but try to free it from it's former host. However, she didn't take into consideration that while most of the skeleton was buried, the skull was not - and with one intense yank, the cloth came free, draping itself over her back - right along with the skull, which was being held in place by the cloth, and as such fell directly onto Violette's small head like a mask. Instantly, the Vulpix flailed, walking forth and trying to shake the skull off of her, accidently knocking Koi over.

"GYAaAAaH!" The Carbink shrieked. "NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! YOU'VE UPSET THE SPIRIT THAT GUARDS THE CAVE!" The Carbink hopped backward, shocked and frightened. "I'm so sorry, spirit! Please, do us no harm!" Violette stepped forth again, trying to shake the skull from her head to no avail. The Carbink kept hopping back until it bumped into the bag, knocking a few gems from the sack and to the floor of the cave. The Rock-Fairy type picked one up - a purple shaped diamond that must have been a Ghost Gem - and threw it at the group, hitting Koi once more right on the head. "Take this! Just take this and go! Please forgive me, great spirit!"

With a Reaper Cloth and a Ghost Gem now in tow, would the group decide to head back to the Sableye, or perhaps take advantage of the situation somehow?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:31 AM   #144
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Sandaa:
With the situation turning so dire and so fast, retreat was, perhaps, the most sensible of options. Even for someone at the very pinnacle of his strength, like Thorn, fighting to his fullest would be almost impossible while simultaneously watching over everyone else. For his sake, and theirs, they had to leave, and quickly. This gesture, would also prove to be key towards assuring a safe escape from the vicious assailants, at least, for the more vulnerable members of the group. It was a win-win for everyone, arguably. Surely, with the dead weight off his shoulders, Thorn could better manage on his own?

Both Lynxa and Buru are quick to follow their leader’s instruction, and make way towards the last remaining exit before they were all engulfed in a circle of flame. As far as the injured Eevee was concerned, it was likely the only window of life it had left.

The Houndoom seem suddenly anxious to pursue in response, and reveal themselves in their entirety - all 3 of them- from the shadows. The seemingly youngest one of the lot, the same to have been so easily goaded out of hiding earlier, takes the lead, while the others follow closely behind, spiked grounds be damned. The Cacturne takes aim, and fires a volley of thorns to stop them in their tracks.

The first beast stumbles and rolls forward as he meets the wave, yelping in pain as its body is ravaged by a thousand cuts. The other two manage to dart sideways out of harm’s way. One of them, the most imposing one and bearer of a noticeable scar across its forehead and snout, stops and barks a guttural snarl as its throat alights itself. An instant later, an incandescent stream of flames is spewed forth. Thorn reacts quickly, whips out his forearm and launches a pulse of water as if a cannonball. Both attacks meet, exploding into a thick and searing cloud of steam.

Thorn barely notices something moving out of his periphery, and it is then that a flame-cloaked maw is suddenly thrust out of the cloud of smoke and vapor and into his flank; its igneous fangs sizzling as they pierce skin. This Houndoom, the third one, releases its grip and sidesteps an incoming jab, then another, and dives underneath a third one. Thorn had anticipated this, and meets the beast with a vengeful upward smash. He felt the cracking of bone as his opponent was sent flying, landing with a thud a couple yards or so away. Yet, by the end of it all, none of his opponents seemed ready to give up.

“Enough!” The scarred one commanded as the other two started to regain their footing, muttering curses under their breaths. “You fight well, warrior, but there needn’t be any more bloodshed. You are not our mark. We only seek the Eevee thiefling. Step aside, and we promise no harm will fall your other companions.” Thorn notices the ring of fire had just finished closing off. Escaping would likely require more… effort. “Continue interfering, and we will take you down.”

What now, Thorn?

----------

“Haa… Haa…” The Eevee's panting grows ever more pained with each passing moment as Lynxa and Buru proceed with their escape. An acute yip escapes it every now and then, presumably out of some serious internal injury. “Please… our base is… just ahead. I… have... to get there. I… haa… must. Please, please… please.

Thorn still hadn’t caught up with the group yet, but the Eevee probably couldn’t count with the luxury of delaying a single second longer. Time is of the essence. How do they proceed?
Thanks Bal!
Things were getting heated in both a figurative and a literal sense as Thorn, Buru, and Lynxa attempted to flee the burning forest along with a critically injured Eevee and a pack of angry Houndooms on their tail. Recognizing the perils of their current situation, Thorn knew that Buru and Lynxa would stand little chance in any kind of battle versus these hell hounds, especially with a wounded Eevee to protect. With that in mind, he decided to follow them up the rear as the first and last line of defense and attempt hold off their pursuers the best he could.

Running through the burning forest, Thorn could hear the sounds of leaves and twigs crunching underfoot accompanies by snarls and growls. As the first Houndoom attacked, Thorn held it at bay with a blast of stinging Thorns. As the next one spout a blast of flames, he countered with his own Water Pulse to fill the area with thick steam. When the third one pounced in, he got his Revenge with a crushing strike.

With a deafening yell, what seemed to be the leader of their pack called for a stop to the warfare. The Houndoom leader seemed to be quite upset, accusing the wounded Eevee of theft and demanding that the trio turn him over to them. Thorn looked at the Houndooms, then at the ring of fire which had closed off his escape route, before turning back to the Houndooms.

“Bloodshed?” he asked, glaring at them. “It looks to me like you have already caused enough bloodshed to begin with. Or is attack first, talk later the only way you know how to operate? Why don’t you tell us first what it is you accuse this Eevee of? Either way, we simply can’t hand him over to you without some kind of agreement first. I’m not about to have this Eevee’s blood on my conscience. If you want this to be resolved peacefully like you claim, you need to allow us to treat his wounds first.”

Meanwhile, Buru and Lynxa continued their escape through the burning forest with the injured Eevee. Through labored breaths, Eevee pleaded for the pair to help him to his base. Buru and Lynxa picked up their pace as they helped carry him along, Buru giving him a reassuring pat. “Don’t worry, we’ll get you there. Thorn should be able to buy us enough time…” As time was running out, they couldn’t afford to sit around and wait for Thorn to catch up with them. While Lynxa was a relatively new member to the team, Buru had known the Cacturne long enough to know that he was more than capable of handling himself. For now, they would have to settle for rejoining with him at a later time.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:

Last edited by Sandaa; 07-31-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #145
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 257
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kyuu-Tales:

Although there is strength in numbers, knowing one’s troops is also a vital part of success. Not every soldier is suited for the same task, or equally prepared for every terrain, and Seiza seems thankfully aware of that fact: although it is largely indifferent to the punishing cold of the mountain, the same can’t be said about Aiolia and especially Baian. This is where the group splits up – the Bronzor opting to continue alone up the mountain path, while the Litleo and Skrelp take shelter in the dark cave.

----

Although its Steel body renders it almost immune to the drop in temperature, and the treacherous path is made easier by the fact that it floats, Seiza cannot shield itself from the roaring winds and often veers off-path, which is extremely dangerous even for a Levitator of its kind, who isn’t a flier per se and can only remain aloft a few feet from the floor. As such, the climb proves challenging, and the further up it goes, the wilder and more violent the blizzard rages; swirling snow obscures the sight, and on more than one occasion it seems as if the freezing gales will blow Seiza away from the mountain path and spiralling into the chasm below. It perseveres, however, thankful that his companions were not forced to endure this trial. It did, however, worry about their well-being in that ominous cavern…

As well you should, suddenly rings a voice in its head. Your friends have run into great peril.

A form suddenly materializes in front of Seiza, dancing elegantly into view – a Frosslass whose movements are as beautiful as they are hypnotic. Her voice sounds like a sweet melody, even if it speaks no words.

They seek to steal the heart of this mountain. As certain as the Starlight Road follows the sun’s path, tragedy will befall you all if you continue past this point... Forsake the mountain peak and return to your friends at once, lest they be devoured by the mountain’s entrails!

-----

Contrasting with the raging winds outside, the cavern’s absolute silence is ominous, though there is no denying it’s nice to finally step away from the cold. Aiolia and Baian take a moment’s rest to rebuild strength, but the eerie nature of the place makes them restless and soon, the duo is on the move, unable to stay in the same place for long; besides, Seiza is out there risking its life in solo exploration, so the pair feels they might as well try to contribute in their own way – who knows if this cave doesn’t hold its own share of secrets? As the Litelo and Skrelp make their way deeper into the tunnel, treading lightly due to the poor visibility (if ony they had a way to light up their path!), their thoughts again go to their Bronzor companion and how it was faring out there in the blistering cold.

Your concerns are justified, a voice sings in their heads simultaneously. Your friend has run into great peril.

A lone blue flame lights up in mid-air a few feet away from the group, swaying like a candle in the dark of the cave, before swirling around in a vortex and taking the shape of a gorgeous Frosslass.

It seeks to steal the soul of this mountain. As certain as the Radiant Rainforest thrives on the western drizzle, tragedy will befall you all if you continue past this point... Forsake the cave’s depths and return to your friend at once, lest it be blown away by the snowstorm!
Baian's eyes widened. "Seiza's in danger?"

"Darn it all," Aiolia growled, his expression grave. "We never should have parted ways!"

Baian drew Aiolia against the surface of his skin and shot the Froslass a sidelong glance in one sweeping motion. He snorted at the cub's dazed look momentarily before placing his snout at his companion's ear. "Something's fishy here... I can't quite put my fin on it, but if most of the denizens of this island are anything like that Kingler we encountered earlier, I reckon there's something she's not telling us."

"Oh banshee of the tundra," the Mock Kelp Pokemon turned to address the Ice type. "We naturally wish to rendezvous with our friend, but the raging blizzard has left us weary. Where, pray tell, did you happen across our friend?" After all, you can't trust a Ghost as far as you can throw 'em.

Aiolia scurried closer to the levitating ghoul, his lips drawn back in a snarl. "Unless of course you are lying, something neither I nor my comrade shall tolerate!"

Flabbergasted, Baian craned his neck to regard the Little Cub Pokemon. He blinked a few times, then shook his maw. Aiolia....

----

Seiza struggled to adjust its eyelights against the subzero gusts of wind. What a pitiful sight it must be to this newcomer, a specter accustomed to this terrain. Seiza cared little for saving face however, especially with its focus gradually shifting to the telepathic message the foreign presence now relayed---

---'Tragedy'? 'Befall'? ...Danger. DANGER!

My comrades, they are in peril!

"Your words ring true, fair one," Seiza rolled laterally, buffeted by a sudden gale. "I should like... to reunite with my allies, but am doubtful that I will be capable of doing so at present. Might you be so generous as to provide this wayfarer with safe passage to their location?"
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #146
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Deoxys:

As the trio of attack impact the creature it begins to falter. First the Brine takes all but a single bone away from the upper right arm. The Shadow Sneak shatters the ice frozen to the left arm leaving it in similar condition. Knowing that neither arm could support its weight alone, the Skelemere braces itself with both releasing Sucy as it does. Noticeable cracks begin to form on the supporting bones. Finally, Momonga floats up to its head and charges a Night Shade inside of it. The attack doesn't quite work as intended, instead it mixes with the ghostly energy contained in the beast.

As they mingle a glow begins to escape from the holes in the Skelemere's face, growing brighter and brighter until the energy sucks in upon itself and explodes. The burst resembles the firing of a gun. The release of energy obliterates what remains of the face, while the force kicks the beast up and backwards. As the beast snaps back into position, the bones supporting its arms begin to bend under the pressure. The cracks grow larger and shards of bone begin to fly off. Then CRACK. The bones shatter and the beast falls onto its stomach.

The wind stops and silence falls as Sucy rejoins Jinbe and Momonga, each somewhat worse for wear. As they pause to catch their breath, the beast twitches like a worm on hot asphalt dying from dehydration. Just as the ordeal seemed in the past the wind returned more erratic than ever.

"No no no no NOOOO !! THE CAptAIn will KiLL Us if wE LOse the TREasure!"
"Hush you fool, we have to focus on evacuating the ship. Alright, next life boat's going down."
"MEN! LEAVE THAT BE! NOT ANOTHER BOAT LEAVES UNTIL YOU GO FETCH THE CHEST!"
"SEe i tolD YOu. noW EverONE's iN DAnger NOW."
"Shove it, the bloody bastard care more about getting paid than anything else!"

The voices grow muffled as they are slowly drowned out by a menagerie of wails that grate on Jinbe's ears. The noise reaches a crescendo that seems to breath new life into the body of the beast. Is flops around turning from side to side before slithering off into the front half of the ship. Without the presence of the main body the arms of the beast quickly fall apart as the residual ghostly energy passes into the air seeking the nearest host, settling on Momonga.

As the streams of tattered purple energy flows into his body Momonga is overwhelmed and crashes to the ground landing on a small scrap of the sail. Slowly his body is dyed a red hue. But still some energy remains. Using Momonga as a conduit it enters the sail transforming it in to a Reaper Cloth.

Momonga gains 3 (three) levels.
Sucy gains 2 (two) levels.
Jinbe gains 1 (one) level.


The battle has been won, or has it? With the beast making its retreat and an unexpected transformation for Momonga, what will you Pokémon do?
"Is everyone alright?" Sucy asked in a concerned voice. "Momo, are you okay?"

The now Shiny Duskull laid on the newly transformed Reaper Cloth, his red orb dim. "I'm fine... I'm just... I'm just going to rest for a while..." he replied quietly, not having the energy to get angry at Sucy for calling him Momo. He rolled over and wrapped the cloth around him. "I'm cold..."

"Momo, you can't feel the cold," Sucy retorted.

"No, Sucy... I-I'm really c-cold." Sucy looked troubled. Perhaps it would be best to let the Duskull rest for a while - she wasn't sure why h

Jinbe sighed. He was getting tired too. "I still don't quite know what happened, but... " He paused and looked toward the ship, a trail of bones leading into it. "Should we go in there?"

Sucy turned to face the ship as well. "We all heard the voices. Those were angry souls of the departed. Usually when something like this happens it means that a spirit is trapped in this realm either out of anger or because they felt they had things left to accomplish upon death, and in some cases because a more powerful spirit or a demon is keeping them from passing on," she turned to Jinbe. "They were re-experiencing their memories of what occurred just before their death, I'm sure of it. It would only be right of us to help them move on."

Jinbe smacked his tail against the ground. "So I guess you're saying we should finish what it started in order to give it peace?"

Sucy bit her lip and looked toward the sky. "Yeah, something like that, I guess. It would be the right thing to do. I can't put my finger on what it is, but there's something more going on here, that's for sure."

The two looked toward the ship. "Will you be alright here, Momo?" Sucy asked. The Duskull didn't respond - only lifting an arm into the air in acknowledgment. Jinbe shrugged, and the two proceeded into the ship to face what remained of Skelemere head on.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #147
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jerichi:

"You want me to give you one of his gems!?" The Carbink looked aggravated. "What kind of Carbink do you take me for!?"

Violette tugged at the Reaper Cloth draped around the neck of the skeleton as the Carbink argued with Ai and Koi. She was so enchanted by it that she couldn't help but try to free it from it's former host. However, she didn't take into consideration that while most of the skeleton was buried, the skull was not - and with one intense yank, the cloth came free, draping itself over her back - right along with the skull, which was being held in place by the cloth, and as such fell directly onto Violette's small head like a mask. Instantly, the Vulpix flailed, walking forth and trying to shake the skull off of her, accidently knocking Koi over.

"GYAaAAaH!" The Carbink shrieked. "NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! YOU'VE UPSET THE SPIRIT THAT GUARDS THE CAVE!" The Carbink hopped backward, shocked and frightened. "I'm so sorry, spirit! Please, do us no harm!" Violette stepped forth again, trying to shake the skull from her head to no avail. The Carbink kept hopping back until it bumped into the bag, knocking a few gems from the sack and to the floor of the cave. The Rock-Fairy type picked one up - a purple shaped diamond that must have been a Ghost Gem - and threw it at the group, hitting Koi once more right on the head. "Take this! Just take this and go! Please forgive me, great spirit!"

With a Reaper Cloth and a Ghost Gem now in tow, would the group decide to head back to the Sableye, or perhaps take advantage of the situation somehow?
In spite of Ai's attempt at diplomacy, chaos quickly ensued as the unattended Violette managed to free the Reaper Cloth from around the neck of the half interred skeleton she disturbed. The hi-jinks that resulted found Violette, the skull of the skeleton over her head and obscuring her vision, stumbling into an unwitting Koi, who tumbled over with the weight of the young fox collapsing into him. This defiling of the bones of what the Carbink regarded as a watchful though vengeful spirit prompted a great deal of panicked shouting and pleading from the gem fairy. Amidst the shouting and flailing and tottering, Carbink tosses a Ghost Gem, smacking Koi squarely in the head before he can recover.

Clearly indignant, the Carbink shouts at the group to get out of the cave, having done enough damage. Ai, looking sufficiently embarrassed, appears to be perfectly fine with this proposal, and acts as quickly as she can to get everything sorted. Grabbing the bag, she loads it with the Gem and Cloth, plucking the skull off Violette and attempting to place it in its rightful place before ushering the others out of the cave.

"We're so so sorry! We'll be back with the Sableye for an apology from him as well!" Ai shouted back as she pushed Koi and Violette outside.

Once outside, Koi rubbed his head in frustration (and a bit of pain). "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know, but let's just be glad we managed to get out. Let's go talk with the Sableye and see if we can't smooth this over," Ai suggested, "And Violette, dear, next time, let's not mess with things like that."

The Vulpix's eyes dropped as she looked a bit remorseful.


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #148
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,491
Been busy with Japan - sorry MM! ��

★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With the adversity of the situation drawing out Tinnitus' inner strength and prompting an evolution, the trio was now well equipped to deal with the onslaught of bats bothering the poor Clefairy. A plan laid out, they begin to execute, starting with the newly grown Palpitoad calling the attention of the Woobat with a Supersonic. The burst of transsonic noise is enough to addle some of the swarm and distract some others, giving Clefairy a moment of respite. A few, especially those a bit distant, however, are not too affected, and still swoop in to attack. However, Tinnitus responds in kind with a Bubble Beam burst, managing to slow a few with a burst of foam.

Despite the bothersome circumstances inflicted by the Palpitoad, the flock has not let up just yet, as some bats continue to attack in spite of the distractions. As such, at the suggestion of Cotton, Chromium steps in, employing an arcane tactic. Channeling the Rage of Dragons, the Smeargle issues forth a wave of misty flames that quickly engulf the Woobat. The bats don't seem terribly happy with this result, but as predicted, Clefairy doesn't even notice the attack, still curled up. With the Woobat now sufficiently distracted, Cotton has an opportunity to tug Clefairy away with Psychic force. She tumbles towards them, uncurling once away from the bats, looking relieved.

Once the flames subside, it seems the crowd has thinned out, but a few of the Woobat still linger, standing in between the group and their advancing. How will the newly formed quartet deal with the remaining Woobat?
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #149
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Been busy with Japan - sorry MM! ��

★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With the adversity of the situation drawing out Tinnitus' inner strength and prompting an evolution, the trio was now well equipped to deal with the onslaught of bats bothering the poor Clefairy. A plan laid out, they begin to execute, starting with the newly grown Palpitoad calling the attention of the Woobat with a Supersonic. The burst of transsonic noise is enough to addle some of the swarm and distract some others, giving Clefairy a moment of respite. A few, especially those a bit distant, however, are not too affected, and still swoop in to attack. However, Tinnitus responds in kind with a Bubble Beam burst, managing to slow a few with a burst of foam.

Despite the bothersome circumstances inflicted by the Palpitoad, the flock has not let up just yet, as some bats continue to attack in spite of the distractions. As such, at the suggestion of Cotton, Chromium steps in, employing an arcane tactic. Channeling the Rage of Dragons, the Smeargle issues forth a wave of misty flames that quickly engulf the Woobat. The bats don't seem terribly happy with this result, but as predicted, Clefairy doesn't even notice the attack, still curled up. With the Woobat now sufficiently distracted, Cotton has an opportunity to tug Clefairy away with Psychic force. She tumbles towards them, uncurling once away from the bats, looking relieved.

Once the flames subside, it seems the crowd has thinned out, but a few of the Woobat still linger, standing in between the group and their advancing. How will the newly formed quartet deal with the remaining Woobat?
With Tinnitus's rather unexpected evolution complete, the fight was on! The Palpitoad's Supersonic did manage to be more successful than the one he'd used as a Tympole, and the Woobat did take notice. Well, most of them. Some were more affected than others, and a few in the back still took no notice at all. Tinnitus was willing to bet that had he the strength to evolve into Seismitoad then and there, then he'd have been able to unleash a Supersonic that gathered the whole flock's complete and undivided attention. Alas, he hadn't, and it was besides the point anyway- what was more worth focusing on was the unaffected Woobat, who responded quite aggressively. But the Palpitoad responded in kind, and the oncoming Woobat were force-fed a Bubble Beam for their troubles.

Chromium, meanwhile, employed Cotton's suggested tactic, one which she would forever maintain she'd have thought of herself in any case, and blasted the bats with Dragon Rage. She didn't have to be careful to not hit Clefairy, considering the Fairy-type wouldn't feel a thing from the Dragon move. And Cotton was able to pull the Clefairy to safety with Psychic. "You OK?" the Swirlix asked the relieved-looking Clefairy.

"Save the questions, Cotton," snapped Chromium, eyeing the situation warily. "We've still got a fight ahead of us."

"That we do," nodded Cotton. "Alrighty, then. Tinny, that Bubble Beam of yours did pretty good last time- I don't see why it wouldn't work again, yeah? Chrome, I'm gonna hit them all at once, and hit 'em hard. But if it ain't enough, we gotta be ready to fight 'em head-on."

"Obviously," scoffed Chromium, her tone suggesting that none of what Cotton was saying hadn't already occurred to her.

"Right. Obviously," smirked Cotton. "Alright, just keep an eye out. Any of them get too close, I want you to stay alert so you can Mega Punch 'em into next week. And in the meantime..." The Swirlix finished this sentence well enough by floating to the forefront of the group, ready to unleash a Dazzling Gleam at the entire flock of Woobat. Following this, Tinnitus would be ready to unleash a repeat performance of Bubble Beam, while Chromium would unleash her Mega Punch upon any Woobat that got too close to any of them. And if any of them got too close to Cotton, he, too, was ready to force-feed them a point-blank Thunderbolt attack.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:44 AM   #150
mespritchaser
Pokemon Trainer
 
mespritchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Incognito Isle

In one of the many Pokémon Centers throughout Fizzytopia, you come across a pamphlet. The cover prominently features a luxury cruise ship sailing past a volcanic island that dominates the background. The pamphlet describes a decadent two-day, Pokémon-free cruise, perfect for a weary trainer like yourself, with luxuriant amenities and fun diversions. However, it seems to dedicate a even more space to what it calls a "mysterious adventure for your Pokémon!" It reads:

"An isolated little island far off the coast of the Fizzytopia mainland, the Incognito Isle was long unknown to humans. This untouched land became a paradise for Pokémon, sitting on a volcanic hotspot, providing a rich environment for life on its south side, but also battered by harsh weather to the north that draws Pokémon more used to extreme environments. The island is said to be filled with strange and mysterious treasures, but the Fizzytopian government has declared it a nature preserve, not allowing a single human step foot on its shores. They have, however, allowed for trainers to let their Pokémon explore the island and interact with its native population in order to uncover some of the treasures within.

Our ships run from Fizzytopia on a regular basis, making the trip out to the island and stopping at each of the four docks at each cardinal point of the island, before taking the trainers on a two-day tropical cruise. Trainers who wish to let their Pokémon have a little fresh air and freedom can drop off up to three Pokémon at one dock and allow them to venture out and explore until they return. Each Pokémon is given an Adventure Badge, allowing their trainer and Preserve Staff (stationed offshore on a ship that patrols the area) to keep an eye on them and make sure nothing bad becomes of them. Your team will also be given a special Treasure Bag, allowing them to handle and store any treasure they might come across safely to return back to you (and to prevent any surprise evolutions)! The Pokémon who inhabit the island are rather friendly, and if your Pokémon give them a helping hand or accompany them on a little adventure, they might be rewarded with a fun prize or stumble upon something rare!"

Below, you find a list of areas enumerated by the pamphlet for your Pokémon's exploration...


Vivacious Village - A happy hamlet built by native Pokémon, consisting mostly of clay and thatch huts, lying just north of the southern dock. These huts dot the southern foothills of the mountain peak in the middle of the island. Normal-typed Pokémon favor dwelling in the hills, while Pokémon living in center of the village closer to the dock tend are a bit rougher. The village square doubles as a sort of an arena for local Fighting Pokémon to engage in sparring matches or training. Please use sandybrown.


“Everyone’s so jolly and alive! I could thrive here! What a nice place!” Sana says in amusement. She travels with Chachi and Mina by rolling around, frequently stopping to admire the huts and say hi to the natives they pass by as they walk.

“It is, isn’t it?” Mina runs her hands on the thatch huts, and knocks on the clay ones. “They’ve built their houses very well, too. I’d love to learn how they put this all together. The hard houses seem easy enough, since you just carve and lift. But the stems and leaves--”

“Yeah, yeah,” Chachi waves, impatient. “Construction, shmonstruction.” He doesn’t bother much for the huts and the Pokemon they pass by, and is more set on the mountain they are walking towards. “What I really want is to climb up that mountain! See that?” He points to the peak. “What’s up there?”

“We will get there, Chachi,” Mina sighs. “It’s nice to roam around the village for awhile. There’s a lot to see here.”

Chachi groans. “Ugggghhhh. But I want to mountain climb now! You like running up and down hills, don’t you, Mina? What if we stay too long here and someone gets to whatever’s up there and--”

“Whatever is up there won’t be lost,” Mina says, still getting a feel of the houses, and even the ground they were walking on. “And if it does, there’s bound to be more. There’s time to climb. First, we explore the bottom.”

Sana stops rolling and looks at the bickering Piplup and Meditite. “Come on, you guys! Latte says to make the most of our time here. We’re gonna do both, alright?”

Chachi concedes with a sigh. “Fine. We’ll explore the village. But let’s do it fast, because I really want to get some treasure!” He walks ahead of his companions.

Mina chuckles. “I know we’ll get through to him. Race you!” She runs off to catch up to Chachi. “I’m much faster than you!” Sana rolls towards Mina and Chachi. They continue exploring the village at the hills surrounding the mountain.
__________________


Profile x Café Latte x Wishlist x Secret Base (soon!)


Last edited by mespritchaser; 08-05-2017 at 02:01 AM.
mespritchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.