UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #101
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- The tense relationship between Munchlax and Staryu continued as both reacted differently to the request of the Gastrodons. While the strange Staryu seemed delighted at the prospect, its jewel-like heart began to flash with what one would consider joy. Munchlax on the other hand saw little to no benefit in undertaking such a task. There was no food on offer, sure there was the off chance that the reward could be something edible but it seemed unlikely. The task would surely be beneath him, deliver food to others? He was raised by the Champion Gottfried, being a delivery boy for a pair of lazy slugs was far from what he expected to be doing on this trip. Despite his discontent, he had been sent with a task and he needed to fulfill it, so he inquired as to what the Gastrodon expected them to do.

"Well you see we may have made a couple of enemies", replies the blue Gastrodon. "We may have sold some damaged goods to a pair of shady looking Lombre and they didn't take to kindly to it", adds the pink Gastrodon. Pieces were starting to come together, the Gastrodon had made enemies and they weren't able to get passed them, obviously at the mercy of the Grass typed Lombres. "They know we have this big delivery to make so they have been hanging out at the entrance to the hot springs for us, we can't get through!" Both Gastrodon slump down, obviously upset about their mistake. "Here", pleads the blue Gastrodon as it places a large parcel on the counter, "take this to the hot springs and we will reward you for your help. Hopefully the Lombre will look the other way and you will be able to deliver the package to the family of Quagsire who are expecting it." Both Gastrodon smile happily at you, hoping you can help them with their situation.

The situation was quickly becoming apparent, even for the slower-witted Munchlax. All in all, just how honest were these two slugs? "Damaged goods" was an awfully vague description, after all - who was to say this parcel wasn't just as "damaged"? They could be walking straight into trouble if they.....

Before he knew it, he was picking up the parcel. This was starting to become a really bad habit, he thought - clearly, Staryu was exerting its Psychic influence again, goading him into doing its bidding. And despite being aware of the fact, Munchlax simply could not bring himself to disobeying; whether that was because the psychic grip was too powerful, or a small part of him actually yearned for adventure, he couldn't tell - but it was always easier to place the blame on the starfish.

Before long, the makeshift duo were walking away from the stand and towards the nearby hot springs. Staryu took the lead, obviously more interested in the ordeal than the Munchlax trudging behind, parcel in hand. Why did the starfish care so much about this whole deal anyway?... The Normal-Type's stomach was rumbling - it had been well over an hour since he'd last eaten, after all - and the last thing he wanted was a run-in with belligerent Lombre.

If worse came to worst, perhaps Staryu would be as quick with its mind bogging mumbo-jumbo as it had proven to be when forcing Munchlax to do its bidding. As far as Munchlax was concerned, he just wanted to drop the package at its destination and be home in time for pre-dinner dinner.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #102
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Jeri:

Upon hearing the mention of the "lost" gems, the Carbink immediately changed its demeanor to reflect one of suspicion. Its previously friendly and welcoming attitude seemed to dissipate in the blink of an eye.

"So. You're his friends, huh?" The Carbink posited accusingly. Koi reminded the Carbink that he "wouldn't exactly call him a friend," but the rock Pokemon's suspicion did not lessen.

"Oh yes. We know all about him. You see, your 'friend' ate one of our friends. Or, rather, he certainly tried to. Snuck in here one day out of the blue while we were sleeping, yanked one of our friends here out of the ground, and must have figured he was at an all you can eat buffet. Took a chunk out of him! Now, thankfully, that Carbink is okay and recovering underground, but the thing is..." The Carbink scanned your group with suspicious eyes. "...This isn't the first time he's done this."

The fairy-rock-type bounced back a step and leaned to the side, seeming to scan the area suspiciously and making sure this wasn't all some sort of ruse, or a distaction. "That Sableye has done this before! He's snuck into our cave in the dead of the night, plucked one of us out of the ground, and taken a bite right out of us before disappearing into the shadows! Well no more! No way. If he wants his gems back, he's going to have to come here and face us, own up to it, and apologize. How would he like it if someone just walked into his home while he was sleeping and just... took a bite out of him!? Just because we can regenerate doesn't mean it's okay! So... we're teaching him a lesson."

The trio could see behind the Carbink. Several feet behind him, sitting in a crudely dug out hole, was a light-colored bag tied at the top. The Carbink saw they took notice of the fact, turning to it briefly before turning its attention back to the group. "Yes... That's it there. Well, I'm not giving it to you, or back to him, unless he comes here himself - what a coward, sending some... lackeys."

It looked like there were several options on the table. You could probably brute force your way to the bag, but that most likely wouldn't ultimately address the problem at hand. You could try to negotiate... or, you could go back to the Sableye empty-handed and explain the situation, possibly risking the loss of the rewards he had promised... but maybe there was a way to tie it all together so that in the end, everyone was happy?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #103
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Some really weeby place with Nico
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Chiko- Your team quickly jumps into action as they carry out their assigned roles. Kotori battles against the forceful winds as she lifts the surprisingly bulky Bagon up the side of the Ravine. She takes plenty of breaks as she ascends, dropping the Bagon onto a ledge while she catches her breath. They continue to climb higher and higher, leaving Sol and Menma on the ground to prepare for the Bagon's dive. The Chikorita and Mimikyu work together to gather boulders from the surrounding landscape, their combined strength makes the job a little easier. Before long the gather up a nice landing pad of boulders, only one large round boulder was left. Menma things little of it and rolls it over with the others, it was a little larger but she figured that would just make it a better target. With the rocky landing pad all set up, Sol and Menma are ready for the Bagon to jump.

By the time Sol and Menma complete their task, Kotori has finally made it to the top of the ravine and waits anxiously for the Bagon to jump. The dragon makes his way to the edge of the ravine and looks down below, just making out the small dots that are Sol and Menma. "Alright I'm going to jump", cries the Bagon as he prepares for his descent. Kotori approaches the edge as well, intent on following the Bagon on the way down. In an instant the Bagon leaps gracefully into the area, before ungracefully plummeting towards the ground. It adjusts itself so that it approaches head first, the hard shell on its head would absorb the impact. Sol and Menma guide the Bagon as it descends, correcting its course before moving back to avoid being hit by any of the shattered stone. The Bagon crashes into the pile of boulders, shattering a couple of them and sending up a shower of stone and dust. The Bagon quickly pulls itself out of the rubble, "Excellent, let's go again!"

Your Pokemon recreate the process a few more times, Kotori seems to get better at lifting the Bagon each time, her flying skills becoming stronger. Eventually only one boulder stands whole but the Bagon insists on trying until every one of them is smashed. He lines up for his final jump and leaps into the air, aiming for the large round boulder that Menma had added to the pile. But as the Bagon crashes into the boulder it doesn't crack, instead it groans and four arm stretch out. Turns out that the boulder was actually a Graveler, who had been sleeping quite deeply until the Bagon crashed head first into it. The Bagon didn't handle the harder impact well, he was now laying on his back, seemingly unconscious. The Graveler seems to be quite angry, it begins to grab the scraps of rock around it and starts throwing them at your Pokemon! You would need to find some way to subdue or calm the angry Rock type.
As Kotori dropped the Bagon on the top of the gorge, she couldn't help but sigh a sigh of relief as her body was allowed to take a massive rest compared to when she was carrying the Dragon type. Sol had finished his part of collecting boulders whilst Menma seemed to want to add one more boulder to the bunch, the Chikorita couldn't help but feel that the Mimikyu had mistaken the odd-looking boulder with something else but he couldn't quite place his finger - well, his front toe - on what it was. None of that mattered now though, as the Bagon decided to jump at a moment's notice - at least, it felt that way to the heavily thinking Chikorita - meaning that Sol and Menma had to do their damnedest in order to make sure the Bagon didn't miss its mark. It was rather successful the first time around, the rocks breaking and the Bagon not taking too much damage - or any - from his rock hard head.

They repeated the process several times, Kotori seemed to be getting better at her job while Sol and Menma couldn't help but feel like proper navigators guiding a Dragon into peril - or rocks - both, really. The last time came around and everything seemed to be going good until... The rock didn't break and the Bagon was left unconscious on the ground after a sickening impact. The Graveler sprang awake from its slumber, looking around with eyes full of anger before pelting the trio of Menma, Sol and Kotori with rocks. The three did their best to avoid them, managing to do so in a way that was better than expected before Menma was asked by Sol to use that move - The Chikorita seeming to think that this might have a chance of scaring off the Graveler. Menma soon charged grass energy into her tail - slowly turning it into a seemingly wooden hammer - before slamming it into the Rock/Ground type Pokemon.

"S-sorry Mr. Graveler, but I can't let you hurt us, especially not Kotori" she yelled, as the attack connected.
__________________
PASBL
TL4/B Ref
WF Updater
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 07-10-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #104
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,930
Maskerade- Things start to line up as Munchlax realizes that he is being psychically manipulated by his Staryu companion. Even though he was apprehensive about assisting the Gastrodon, he couldn't help but feel compelled to accept the parcel and the task that went with it. So the Munchlax was left to trudge through the sand with the parcel while the Staryu shot ahead. They made their way along the shoreline, making their way towards the hot springs. It isn't long before you see them in the distance, but it is long enough for Munchlax's stomach to rumble, he would need to eat soon. The smell of eggs in the air only worsens the Normal types hunger pains, the Staryu didn't seem to care at all though.

The pair of Pokemon make their way up to the fenced off entrance to the hot springs. The gate was open but it wasn't long before two Pokemon stepped in to fill the space, the pair of Lombre looked over the two foreign Pokemon. Their arms were crossed over their chests, they facial expressions darken as they see the parcel in the Munchlax's hands.

"You workin for dem Gastrodon's ese?" Questions one of the Lombre. "Man you have some real cojones coming up in here", adds the other. "You know what those culeros did man? They painted rocks blue and sold them to us sayin they was Water Stones!" The Lombre seemed quite angry, at least now you knew what the Gastrodon had done. "We told them they ain't gettin in here till they give us what we paids for, but then you two think you can slink past us? Nah unless you got our Water Stones in that parcel you ain't getting inside without a fight or a challenge!"


Chiko- With the Bagon's final jump resulting in the dragon being knocked unconscious after mistakenly waking a sleeping Graveler, your team has to think quick in order to prevent being knocked around by the rampaging rock type. Kotori especially was at the mercy of the Graveler's assaults, if any of the rocks hit her they would surely deal a mighty hit. Sol knew it was up to him to work out a plan, he thought they had no answer to the much stronger Pokemon. That was until he recalled the powerful trick Menma had up her sleeve, well up her disguise. He signalled for her to go for it, hoping the tasty of a nasty super effective attack would be enough to send the Graveler on its way.

Although a little apprehensive, the Mimikyu does as instructed, quickly gathering grass energy around its fake wooden tail. It rushes the furious Graveler and with a deft swing sends it rolling backwards, the power of the super effective Wood Hammer unquestionable. The Graveler groans as it picks itself up, its top arms rub it eyes as it calms down and assess the situation. "Oh ah sorry guys, I'm not myself when I first wake up, you know how it is." The Graveler seemed rather apologetic, it seems it was just surprised. "I hope I didn't hurt any of you, anyways I better be off." With that the Graveler pulls in its arms and rolls off, heading down the gorge.

Your Pokemon are thankful that they didn't have to engage the Graveler in combat, but now their concerns stretched to the Bagon. They quickly made their way through the rubble to stand around the unconscious Bagon. Moments later the Bagon sits up, groaning in pain. It spits and Dragon Fang comes out, "ouch that came lose on that last landing, what the heck did I hit?" Suddenly the Bagon begins to glow, the shell atop its head quickly spreads out to encase most of its body, leaving only its four legs and eyes uncovered. "Oh wow, guess I evolved into a Shelgon!" The newly evolved Shelgon's voice was quite different, likely due to its mouth being muffled by the shell. "I guess I am one step closer to evolving, but I think I might need a break before I start training again. Thank you all for helping me get stronger, I think you might have gotten a little stronger yourselves. You can keep the Dragon Fang, I won't have need of it now that I have evolved, best of luck for the rest of your travels." The Shelgon wishes you all goodbye before heading off to rest, leaving your company of three to their own devices.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #105
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Things start to line up as Munchlax realizes that he is being psychically manipulated by his Staryu companion. Even though he was apprehensive about assisting the Gastrodon, he couldn't help but feel compelled to accept the parcel and the task that went with it. So the Munchlax was left to trudge through the sand with the parcel while the Staryu shot ahead. They made their way along the shoreline, making their way towards the hot springs. It isn't long before you see them in the distance, but it is long enough for Munchlax's stomach to rumble, he would need to eat soon. The smell of eggs in the air only worsens the Normal types hunger pains, the Staryu didn't seem to care at all though.

The pair of Pokemon make their way up to the fenced off entrance to the hot springs. The gate was open but it wasn't long before two Pokemon stepped in to fill the space, the pair of Lombre looked over the two foreign Pokemon. Their arms were crossed over their chests, they facial expressions darken as they see the parcel in the Munchlax's hands.

"You workin for dem Gastrodon's ese?" Questions one of the Lombre. "Man you have some real cojones coming up in here", adds the other. "You know what those culeros did man? They painted rocks blue and sold them to us sayin they was Water Stones!" The Lombre seemed quite angry, at least now you knew what the Gastrodon had done. "We told them they ain't gettin in here till they give us what we paids for, but then you two think you can slink past us? Nah unless you got our Water Stones in that parcel you ain't getting inside without a fight or a challenge!"
Munchlax rolled his eyes so hard, it was a wonder how they didn't get stuck in the back of his head. This was precisely what he wanted to avoid - being caught and interrogated by the two Lombre. And he couldn't even accuse them of being in the wrong; as he'd suspected, teh Gastrodon were the shady and crooked ones. There was no reasoning their way out of the situation, because the two funny-talking Grass-Types were completely entitled to their foul humour.

If it was up to the bear, he'd just give them the parcel and be done with it; obviously, with the supposedly righteous Staryu right there, it wasn't going to happen. And on second thought, what if the Gastrodon were looking to swindle these new patrons as well? If the Lombre took this package and it also turned out to be fraudulent, they'd be in serious trouble. What to do?...

Just then, Staryu boldly - foolishly? - approached the two Pokémon blocking the path. Its gem glimmered in an irregular pattern, and although it emitted no sound, Munchlax could tell it was communicating with the duo. It hadn't crossed his mind up until that point, but if the parcel contained genuine Water Stones, shouldn't something have happened to Staryu during the journey to the hot springs? It could be that it had to be exposed to the stone itself, but it did make him all the more suspicious as to the authenticity of what he was carrying. But the again - who even said they were Stones to begin with? It could well be nothing but speculation on the art of the Lombre - neither Gastrodon had actually revealed the contents of the parcel, now that he thought about it. Ugh, his head hurt. Clearly he wasn't used to overthinking things.

After a while of "conversing", Staryu returned to Munchlax and mentally conveyed a message to him: it had told the Lombre that they would take whatever challenge they wanted to issue, and they would deliver the package to its rightful owner. The ballsy little starfish...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #106
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 261
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kyuu-Tales:

Again, the group’s decisions are initially at odds with one another. Aiolia, in accordance to his fiery temper, wishes to put up a fight against the much larger, elementally superior enemy despite the insurmountable odds. Seiza would much rather retreat with no apparent concern for honour when there was yet a mission to fulfill. Finally, Baian begrudgingly seemed to accept that the team was no match for Kingler, but his own decision of pulling back seems to come with much more held-back resentment than the Bronzor.

The team shifts their attention from the blocked-off beach to the mountains up North, where hopefully resistance will be less of an issue. Still unsure about their collective decision, the three turn back around and prepare to leave, when Kingler suddenly yells, commanding their attention one final time.

“Oy!!” he shouts, as he digs something out of the sand with his claw, gaze firmly locked specifically on the bravest of the group. “I’ll remember your faces! Make sure to come back when you’re real fighters, y’hear?!”

With that, he tosses a fuming-hot object at Aiolia’s feet, which the group quickly identifies as a Heat Rock, before grinning and skittering sideways back into the ocean, ever-watchful eyes remaining just barely above the water’s surface all the while.

It could be postulated that the seemingly-brutish Kingler is not only issuing an open challenge for a rematch in the future, he is also aiding the party to progress on the next step of their exploration – the warmth radiated by the Heat Rock no doubt a welcome boon in the upcoming trek across the Frozen Fjords. It takes the group a considerable while of walking – and floating and hopping, to each their locomotion! – before icy ridge is within range. And so begins the climb up misty mountains cold…

Indeed the Rock proves valuable, a welcome source of heat for those who mind the cold – which might not be the case with Seiza, but undoubtedly Aiolia and Baian. As the group begins their ascent across the makeshift path along the mountainside, they notice the inclination becomes steeper, the road trickier, the gales stronger and the air colder. Barren dusty floor turns to a white carpet of delicate snow, and after a while of braving the inhospitable territory, a choice is presented to the party, who are by now starting to really feel the effects of the drop in temperature: to their left the path stretches upwards, jagged frozen rock on one side and a long way down into the ocean on the other with ever-stronger winds in between; to their right, a large indentation on the mountain like a piercing wound, a dark cave stretching into parts unknown.

There are two things every explorer knows: that the less travelled the path, the greater the risks and potential rewards, and to that effect it might be worth enduring the rest of the climb; and that the weary adventurer cannot last long against elements he is ill-prepared to face, and to that extent perhaps the shelter provided by the cave’s dark recesses might be preferable…
((Switching to azure for Frozen Fjords.))

Baian struggled to speak against the gale-force winds. "Now t-t-this--this is not something I'm cut out for!" he exclaimed, mostly to himself. Honestly, he'd prefer another beating at the mitts of that bully Kingler than endure more climbing. Why didn't he ultimately look in the direction he pointed? Because he was caught up in the moment? Because he thought diffidence would leave a lasting impression on the clawed cretin? Blast it all!

His companions turned at their leader's plaints notwithstanding, worry etched in their expressions. They could carry on, if only for a time, yet orders were orders: Seiko had made them promise to make a prompt retreat to shore should anything happen to Baian.

Seiza hovered closer to the troupe's leader to shield him from being buffeted around further by the snow and ice. "Are you capable of continuing?"

"Of-f-f course!" the Mock Kelp Pokemon's voice crept forth a chatter as he nearly tripped over his own fins. "We need to preserve for S-s-eiko's sake!"

Aiolia shivered with a look of anticipation plastered on his face. He leapt in place, restless; it seemed even the chill in the air couldn't dampen his fiery resolve. "Of course. She's counting on us to pull through!"

"Nonsense," Seiza interrupted. "You two cannot possibly carry on, not in this condition!"

"That's where you come in," Baian gazed at his inorganic cohort, a twinkle in his eye. "Aiolia, escort me to the cave over there. We'll take shelter there while Seiza, you scout out the other path. Let us know immediately if you find anything worthwhile."
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #107
Sandaa
Thunder Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
With little desire to be collectively caught with their pants down, the ragtag trio bolsters their line of defenses. Thorn lays down another mass of sharp, spiky balls on the forest floor around his team as Buru slips into a more peaceful state in hopes of fortifying herself and focusing on the task at hand. Despite the raging inferno burning hotter and hotter around them, the team seems cool and collected, prepared to face their attackers as best they can be.

Well, except for Lynxa, who decides to start goading the pack into attacking her. One of the dumber predators decides to burst out into the clearing from the woods in outrage, flames foaming at the mouth, only to yelp in pain as it steps directly on a layer of spikes. The now-revealed canine's devil-tipped tail thrashes about as the beast tries to yank the offending objects out of its sensitive paws, completely distracted from the prey in front of him. For a moment, it seems as if the crafty weasel's strategy was a total success, as she stares the wounded dog down fiercely.

Unfortunately for Lynxa, not all of the Houndoom were nearly as dumb or rash as the first.

A massive torrent of flames rips from the shadows through the clearing directly towards the Sneasel. Quick to react, Thorn darts in front of Lynxa and forms a luminous, spiky barrier of grass energy in front of him in hopes of keeping the flames at bay, as Buru conjures up a golden forcefield around her team; not that it is particularly effective at mitigating the flames battering Cacturne's shield, but a little extra insurance never hurt.

After a few moments the first blast of fire dies down, only for a second to replace it soon after, further battering Thorn's protection. The grass type grits his teeth in exertion as he struggles to force the second attack away from himself and his companion, barely managing to divert it. The snarls from before grow louder, as flaming tree branches begin to start falling into the clearing. The fire was spreading, and fast. Buru, ever the caring one, glances back at the injured Eevee from before. The wounded fox seemed to be attempting to crawl through one of the only remaining escape routes left, but didn't look to be getting anywhere fast. At this rate, it would likely end up burning alive trying to escape. What will your team do?
As the forest fire raged on, the flames grew bigger and hotter by the minute. The battered Eevee made an attempt to crawl to one of the few remaining escape routes, but it wasn’t getting far any time soon. While Thorn and Buru buffed themselves up for battle, Lynxa goaded on the hidden attackers in order to lure them into Thorn’s trap. Lucky for them, one of the Houndoom that leapt through the brush did in fact land on the Spikes, instantly immobilizing itself by getting caltrops stuck in its paws.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Houndoom were smarter than their ally, and they remained hidden only to show their location when breathing fire on the group. Thorn did his best to protect the others with his Spiky Shield, but it would only hold up for so long. Despite being a cactus, a plant that can live in arid, scorching climates, the flames were starting to get to Thorn a bit. Wincing, he called out to Lynxa and Buru, “We gotta get out of here! Take that Eevee and let’s go! I’ll cover you guys.”

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Lynxa answered, eager to get away from all of this fire. She quickly ran over to the Eevee and picked it up. “Hold on there, you’re not going to make it on your own. Just leave this to us!” She nodded to Buru who ran up next to them. This was no time to be timid, so she helped shoulder some of the weight of the Eevee as the two looked to make their escape.

Watching the other two take the Eevee and leave out of his peripheral, Thorn turned his attention to the flame-ridden battlefield. Once Lynxa and Buru were clear, he would follow after them, only to leave a parting gift of Thorns on the enemies in hiding. Likewise, if any of them would breathe their fire, he would try to counter with a Water Pulse and if any of the attackers were to launch a sneak attack, he would do his best to get Revenge.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #108
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Kyuu-Tales:

Although there is strength in numbers, knowing one’s troops is also a vital part of success. Not every soldier is suited for the same task, or equally prepared for every terrain, and Seiza seems thankfully aware of that fact: although it is largely indifferent to the punishing cold of the mountain, the same can’t be said about Aiolia and especially Baian. This is where the group splits up – the Bronzor opting to continue alone up the mountain path, while the Litleo and Skrelp take shelter in the dark cave.

----

Although its Steel body renders it almost immune to the drop in temperature, and the treacherous path is made easier by the fact that it floats, Seiza cannot shield itself from the roaring winds and often veers off-path, which is extremely dangerous even for a Levitator of its kind, who isn’t a flier per se and can only remain aloft a few feet from the floor. As such, the climb proves challenging, and the further up it goes, the wilder and more violent the blizzard rages; swirling snow obscures the sight, and on more than one occasion it seems as if the freezing gales will blow Seiza away from the mountain path and spiralling into the chasm below. It perseveres, however, thankful that his companions were not forced to endure this trial. It did, however, worry about their well-being in that ominous cavern…

As well you should, suddenly rings a voice in its head. Your friends have run into great peril.

A form suddenly materializes in front of Seiza, dancing elegantly into view – a Frosslass whose movements are as beautiful as they are hypnotic. Her voice sounds like a sweet melody, even if it speaks no words.

They seek to steal the heart of this mountain. As certain as the Starlight Road follows the sun’s path, tragedy will befall you all if you continue past this point... Forsake the mountain peak and return to your friends at once, lest they be devoured by the mountain’s entrails!

-----

Contrasting with the raging winds outside, the cavern’s absolute silence is ominous, though there is no denying it’s nice to finally step away from the cold. Aiolia and Baian take a moment’s rest to rebuild strength, but the eerie nature of the place makes them restless and soon, the duo is on the move, unable to stay in the same place for long; besides, Seiza is out there risking its life in solo exploration, so the pair feels they might as well try to contribute in their own way – who knows if this cave doesn’t hold its own share of secrets? As the Litelo and Skrelp make their way deeper into the tunnel, treading lightly due to the poor visibility (if ony they had a way to light up their path!), their thoughts again go to their Bronzor companion and how it was faring out there in the blistering cold.

Your concerns are justified, a voice sings in their heads simultaneously. Your friend has run into great peril.

A lone blue flame lights up in mid-air a few feet away from the group, swaying like a candle in the dark of the cave, before swirling around in a vortex and taking the shape of a gorgeous Frosslass.

It seeks to steal the soul of this mountain. As certain as the Radiant Rainforest thrives on the western drizzle, tragedy will befall you all if you continue past this point... Forsake the cave’s depths and return to your friend at once, lest it be blown away by the snowstorm!
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-11-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #109
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Patches:

To say that the trio form a team is lofty praise, perhaps undeserved at this point. Perhaps when the journey comes to its conclusion Mio, Momo and Kei can be called a unit, but right now, they are three parts of a dysfunctional mechanism, their clashing personalities making for a difficult trek down the gorge’s makeshift path. Mio, the most eager of the three, is clearly more at ease in the tricky terrain with her prodigious reflexes; Kei’s movement is hesitant, careful, apprehensive; Momo is pretty much just dragging himelf along at a snail’s pace.

The road itself is perilous, carved into the rock by the roaring winds; it makes for a tortuous, uneven path, where one false step can lead to a seemingly never-ending fall; to make matters worse, the gales that give this location its name are indeed powerful, and any unexpected increase in their force can push one off the ledge; neither Pokémon making their way down is particularly heavy, and as such, any of them could fall victim to the deadly winds.

By all means, the afternoon sun overhead should be scorching. And it is indeed, but only intermittently, because from time to time the trio is shielded by moving shadows up above, so arbitrarily and repeatedly that Mio looks up, finding it odd. And fortunately she does!

A flock of large birds circle the group from up above, before diving down one at a time to meet the trio. Fearsome-looking predators, Kei is the first to identify them – a quintet of Mandibuzz, wielding the bones of their fallen foes and devoured prey, stare at the Pikachu, Eevee and Charmander with ominous intent; at last, one of them speaks up, an ear-splitting cry that does little to conceal the group’s intentions.

“Intruders! What business do you have in the Ancient’s territory?!”

The five break out in screeches, war cries intended to scare Patches’ Pokémon away, under threat of a fate worse than death if they neither comply nor answer quickly…
Kei is currently frozen stiff with fear, at least it would be considered stiff if his legs weren’t trembling uncontrollably. Momo is more annoyed than afraid, he is laying down, using his paws to pull his ears down in an attempt to drown out some of the noise. ’So noisy… Why did Patches have to make me go on this annoying mission…’ He thinks to himself. Mio is also annoyed but in a different way than Momo, she’s not one to be easily intimidated. “Excuse me? What business do we have here!? We are here in search of treasure to bring back to our trainer. I don’t know who this Ancient is nor do I ca-” That is when Kei, who is still shaking covers Mio’s mouth with one of his hands. “L-listen… W-w-we don’t want any t-trouble or anything… I-it’s okay w-we will l-leave…” That is when Mio shoves Kei’s hand off of her mouth. “No, Kei. We absolutely will not be leaving. Listen, Kei is right. We don’t want any trouble, but we were sent on a special mission and I’m not going to let my trainer down just because of you guys.”

Finally, Momo has decided to join in on this conversation after all. His ears are uncovered and he is now standing while looking the Mandibuzz’s up and down. Examining each of them thoroughly while clearly thinking something over. Mio notices this and is actually a bit hopeful that Momo might actually be taking this seriously, maybe he will be helpful for once. After a little bit, he finally chooses one of the Mandibuzz’s and begins to approach it without hesitation while putting on a Charming smile. “I think that your back would probably be the most comfortable out of all of the others here. You seem to have the thickest feathers and I imagine they are quite soft.” He hopes that he has managed to Captivate this particular bird. “I was just, you know… Wondering if maybe you could carry me on your back for a little while? It’s just that I’ve been walking all day and my feet really hurt.” At this point he has Fake Tears in his eyes as he lifts one of his paws and flips it over to show it to the Mandibuzz. “My paw pads are going to start swelling if I have to go on like this.”

Mio is just standing there with her mouth hanging open. She can’t believe she thought for a second that Momo might actually be helpful. But this, this is on a whole other level. She doesn’t even know how to react right now, for once she is speechless. Kei is also shocked to the point where he has forgotten he was supposed to be afraid and he is now just standing there waiting to see how this plays out.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #110
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Patches:

Cowardly, stubborn, cunning. A trio of personalities so vastly different, it's a miracle none of the three was kicked down the gorge by the other two already. And yet, they are now forced to face adversity together, and their reactions could not be farther apart.

Defiant, Mio stands up to the Mandibuzz quintet with annoyance (how dare they protect their own territory from plundering intruders, after all?) whereas Kei is much more keen on making ammends, treasure be damned. As for Momo, he has something else in mind - a small demonstration of his overabundant charm.

There are, truth be told, merits to the Eevee's approach. The targeted Mandibuzz would be hard-pressed to resist the appealing display put on by the male fox, even if their species could hardly be more different - but perhaps Momo has neglected to realize something: there is no way to get some alone time with the bird, because they are surrounded by five. And while the goaded vulture is already on her way to offer a helping wind, the remaining four caw loudly in anger at the obvious trickery on display, further angering the flock.

"Coniving little critter!"
"The nerve of that puny Eevee!"
"He's playing us for fools!"

The cries of outrage are simultaneous and diverse; one of the Mandibuzz wing-slaps the enamoured one, snapping her back to reality, before dropping down to the group's level and staring them dead in the eye.

"You openly admit to wanting to steal from the Ancient! You try and seduce the Ancient's guards! You belittle the Ancient himself! We will not let these crimes go unpunished... No, better yet, we will let the one you want to steal from dictate your fate!"

In a fell swoop, three of the Mandibuzz dive down on the group, grip them with their talons and lift them off the ground effortlessly, then fly over the Gorge in circles. Attacking the guards crosses the trio's mind, but that would just result in being dropped into the abyss, so all they can do is endure it for now.

Eventually, the Mandibuzz take a nosedive into the depths of the chasm, maintaining their firm grip on their "prey"; the group descends at alarming speed for what feels like an hour, until at long last, they reach the very bottom of the Gorge, a desolate place so far into the depths of the earth that sunlight barely reaches it. They drop the party unceremoniously from a height that won't cripple them but they will definitely feel the hit when they touch the ground.

"He will judge you as he sees fit. If I were you, I'd just hope he isn't hungry."

With that, the quintet of aerial guardians flies upwards until they disappear from sight, leaving you all alone at the bottom of the pit.
Taking a look around, the party realizes they are in a circular clearing, barren of life and covered in clay-colored dust. Insurmountable walls of stone surround them, and there seems to be nothing of interest in the perimeter save for a very large hole on the rock just up ahead.

And from that very hole, a deafening Roar, mighty and filled with authority suddenly emanates and echoes throughout the clearing. Whatever lies beyond it is most definitely aware of your presence...

What will you do?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:18 AM   #111
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,502
Sorry for the delay! 🙇

★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With Tinnitus taking the lead with his Supersonic calls and his empassioned flopping, the group forges ahead into the darkness. The cave walls narrow again, and the sound begins to concentrate, Tinnitus' calls being largely lost among the clamor. However, it soon becomes obvious what the source of the noise is - a flock of Woobat appear out of the dark and flap about above your heads, continuing their screeching. They do not block your path, however, most of them in fact flying past you in the direction from which you came. You continue to advance in spite of the interruption, coming upon another chamber similar to the one from before, but this one much smaller and also infested with Woobat. It seems someone has disturbed the bats' slumber, and that someone is the Clefairy from before! In her panic, it seems Clefairy ran into the Woobat's lair, and now the bats are swarming her. The fairy is crunched up in a Defense Curl as the bats swoop down and graze her repeatedly.

It seems that the little pink fairy has gotten herself in a world of trouble, not to mention that the swarm of angry bats is largely preventing your ability to progress (assuming the direction you're going in is the right one). It may be wise to deal with them in some way, perhaps either calming them down or scaring them off, if not Clefairy's sake but for your own. How will the group handle the furious fliers, and will they drag Clefairy out as well?



♨ Bubbling Beach ♨


134


Pouli makes an aggressive showing, stomping about and howling before heading directly into the isopod's den, wisps of ethereal fire surrounding her. Showing a great deal of frustration in spite of her typically sanguine demenaor, she directs the smoggy smoke from the flames into the den, along with some choice words, hoping to draw out the underhanded bugs.

It doesn't take much provocation and smoke for Golisopod and Wimpod to come out from their hiding place, though they clearly look quite unhappy that they were forced from their hole. Golisopod glares at the two of you with some clear anger, obviously not too keen on being so rudely bothered by an impetuous pup.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" the Golisopod snuffs, holding up a large, armored claw threateningly.

"We're here to put an end to your nasty ways!" Pansear declares, raising her fists in a fighting stance.

Golisopod scoffs, "You two? You seem weak. And Fire-types at that. I dare you to defy me."

Pansear takes that challenge to heart, charging at the bug with her hand ablaze to deliver a Fire Punch, but the monkey is batted back with a Razor Shell, Golisopod swiftly clawing at the monkey to send her reeling back. She collapses into the sand, clearly done pretty well in by the hard, super-effective attack. She struggle to her feet, not out yet, but wary of the bug. Golisopod turns to you, looking ready for a repeat performance... how will you respond?

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #112
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Sorry for the delay! ��

★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With Tinnitus taking the lead with his Supersonic calls and his empassioned flopping, the group forges ahead into the darkness. The cave walls narrow again, and the sound begins to concentrate, Tinnitus' calls being largely lost among the clamor. However, it soon becomes obvious what the source of the noise is - a flock of Woobat appear out of the dark and flap about above your heads, continuing their screeching. They do not block your path, however, most of them in fact flying past you in the direction from which you came. You continue to advance in spite of the interruption, coming upon another chamber similar to the one from before, but this one much smaller and also infested with Woobat. It seems someone has disturbed the bats' slumber, and that someone is the Clefairy from before! In her panic, it seems Clefairy ran into the Woobat's lair, and now the bats are swarming her. The fairy is crunched up in a Defense Curl as the bats swoop down and graze her repeatedly.

It seems that the little pink fairy has gotten herself in a world of trouble, not to mention that the swarm of angry bats is largely preventing your ability to progress (assuming the direction you're going in is the right one). It may be wise to deal with them in some way, perhaps either calming them down or scaring them off, if not Clefairy's sake but for your own. How will the group handle the furious fliers, and will they drag Clefairy out as well?

Cotton and Chromium were a tiny bit surprised at the fact that the silent Water-type had taken the lead, and seemed to be trying to take charge of the situation. It was often easy to overlook Tinnitus's presence. But right now, the Tympole was hard to overlook as he flopped forward with purpose and determination, sending his Supersonic waves ahead of him to demand an explanation.

However, this inaudible announcement went completely unheeded. A flock of Woobat quickly proved to be the source of the screeching. "Whoa!" Cotton exclaimed, but the Woobat did not seem concerned with them. They flew right over their heads and towards the source of the commotion.

Said commotion being an even larger flock of Woobat in a smaller chamber up ahead. And what was more-

"...I'll be damned," Chromium murmured. "Isn't that the Clefairy from before?"

"That's her, alright," nodded Cotton. "We gotta help her- do you feel frustrated or something all of a sudden?" he asked, for indeed, a sudden, inexplicable sense of frustration washed over him.

Chromium said nothing, merely pointing at the third member of their party, and upon seeing the look on the Tympole's face, this inexplicable frustration suddenly got a lot more explicable- Tinnitus was giving off those inaudible sound waves that served to convey his current mood. And currently, the Tympole was pissed. Currently, he was cursing this quietness he was born with, his inability to speak, to make himself heard. He cursed the fact that his paltry Supersonic failed to command the attention of even a single one of these Woobat, that they simply flew above the trio, paying them no mind.

"Hey, whoa, Tinny, calm down, huh?" said Cotton. "They're just a bit preoccupied, is all, yeah? No need to take it personal. I'm sure you got what it takes to grab their attention."

Tinnitus turned, giving Cotton a grateful smile. The Tympole knew Cotton was right, and yet not right at the same time. Oh, he had it in him, true enough... just not like this.

Turning back to face the unruly Woobat, Tinnitus let off more vibrations. From these, the Swirlix and Smeargle picked up great determination. And just as they identified just what it was they felt from this, they started to see what that determination was driving Tinnitus to do, for the Tympole's body began to glow brightly. The tail did not get any larger- in fact, if anything, it got a bit smaller- but that was the only thing that shrunk. Tinnitus grew taller. The bumps on the sides of his head got larger, and an even larger one grew out of his forehead. His body widened a little bit, but mainly grew taller, allowing for two smaller bumps to sprout around where one might expect to see arms of some sort. And at the bottom, he finally grew a pair of feet, signaling the end of his Magikarpesque flopping. And with these changes complete, the glowing died down, and this time, the Supersonic that the let out was much stronger, much more noticeable. Tinnitus would be very surprised if this one did not stop at least some of the Woobat and get them to notice them. Of course, the Palpitoad still didn't wish to pick a fight if it was avoidable, but this time, if they still didn't respond to the Supersonic, then maybe, he figured, they'd be more responsive to a Bubble Beam.

"Yo- Chrome," whispered Cotton. "If we gotta attack, maybe try going for Dragon Rage? That way, if you end up hitting Clefairy you don't hurt her- Fairy is immune to Dragon."

"I know basic type matchups, thank you," Chromium whispered back irritably, though still intending to follow the Swirlix's advice. Cotton himself was planning to use Psychic to pull the Clefairy to safety, provided he got a good opportunity to do so.



Code:
What? Tympole is evolving!



...

...

...!



Congratulations! Your Tympole evolved into Palpitoad!
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #113
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jeri:

Upon hearing the mention of the "lost" gems, the Carbink immediately changed its demeanor to reflect one of suspicion. Its previously friendly and welcoming attitude seemed to dissipate in the blink of an eye.

"So. You're his friends, huh?" The Carbink posited accusingly. Koi reminded the Carbink that he "wouldn't exactly call him a friend," but the rock Pokemon's suspicion did not lessen.

"Oh yes. We know all about him. You see, your 'friend' ate one of our friends. Or, rather, he certainly tried to. Snuck in here one day out of the blue while we were sleeping, yanked one of our friends here out of the ground, and must have figured he was at an all you can eat buffet. Took a chunk out of him! Now, thankfully, that Carbink is okay and recovering underground, but the thing is..." The Carbink scanned your group with suspicious eyes. "...This isn't the first time he's done this."

The fairy-rock-type bounced back a step and leaned to the side, seeming to scan the area suspiciously and making sure this wasn't all some sort of ruse, or a distaction. "That Sableye has done this before! He's snuck into our cave in the dead of the night, plucked one of us out of the ground, and taken a bite right out of us before disappearing into the shadows! Well no more! No way. If he wants his gems back, he's going to have to come here and face us, own up to it, and apologize. How would he like it if someone just walked into his home while he was sleeping and just... took a bite out of him!? Just because we can regenerate doesn't mean it's okay! So... we're teaching him a lesson."

The trio could see behind the Carbink. Several feet behind him, sitting in a crudely dug out hole, was a light-colored bag tied at the top. The Carbink saw they took notice of the fact, turning to it briefly before turning its attention back to the group. "Yes... That's it there. Well, I'm not giving it to you, or back to him, unless he comes here himself - what a coward, sending some... lackeys."

It looked like there were several options on the table. You could probably brute force your way to the bag, but that most likely wouldn't ultimately address the problem at hand. You could try to negotiate... or, you could go back to the Sableye empty-handed and explain the situation, possibly risking the loss of the rewards he had promised... but maybe there was a way to tie it all together so that in the end, everyone was happy?
Koi's temper flaired at the suggestion that he was Sableye's lackey. The Kecleon had always prided himself on a level of independence and autonomy not afforded to most Pokémon. Knowing her brother would react poorly to the insinuation, Ai jumped in, trying to stave off anything negative that Koi might say to worsen the already complicated situation.

"I'm sure we can come to a solution that gives everyone what they're looking for," Ai suggested, subtly putting an arm up to keep Koi from literally and figuratively lashing out at the Carbink, "but our er- the Sableye we have offered to help might want to see proof that we located his stash. It might motivate him to come with us to deliver an apology in person. Perhaps you could give us something from it to demonstrate that we located it and that it's still in good shape? Just one piece, perhaps?"

"And to set the record straight," Koi added, in spite of his sister's efforts, "the Sableye isn't our friend and we're not his lackeys," he hissed, putting particular emphasis on the last word.

Violette, not particularly interested by the situation, found herself drawn to the rather morbid scene that had so startled the two Kecleon before. She curiously pawed at the skeletal remains, quite interested in the cloth that appeared draped around its decayed form. Grasping it with her mouth, she gave it a tug to see if she could free it. Ai, too distracted with negotiations, fails to notice Violette's flippant disturbance of the dead.


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #114
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Patches:

Cowardly, stubborn, cunning. A trio of personalities so vastly different, it's a miracle none of the three was kicked down the gorge by the other two already. And yet, they are now forced to face adversity together, and their reactions could not be farther apart.

Defiant, Mio stands up to the Mandibuzz quintet with annoyance (how dare they protect their own territory from plundering intruders, after all?) whereas Kei is much more keen on making ammends, treasure be damned. As for Momo, he has something else in mind - a small demonstration of his overabundant charm.

There are, truth be told, merits to the Eevee's approach. The targeted Mandibuzz would be hard-pressed to resist the appealing display put on by the male fox, even if their species could hardly be more different - but perhaps Momo has neglected to realize something: there is no way to get some alone time with the bird, because they are surrounded by five. And while the goaded vulture is already on her way to offer a helping wind, the remaining four caw loudly in anger at the obvious trickery on display, further angering the flock.

"Coniving little critter!"
"The nerve of that puny Eevee!"
"He's playing us for fools!"

The cries of outrage are simultaneous and diverse; one of the Mandibuzz wing-slaps the enamoured one, snapping her back to reality, before dropping down to the group's level and staring them dead in the eye.

"You openly admit to wanting to steal from the Ancient! You try and seduce the Ancient's guards! You belittle the Ancient himself! We will not let these crimes go unpunished... No, better yet, we will let the one you want to steal from dictate your fate!"

In a fell swoop, three of the Mandibuzz dive down on the group, grip them with their talons and lift them off the ground effortlessly, then fly over the Gorge in circles. Attacking the guards crosses the trio's mind, but that would just result in being dropped into the abyss, so all they can do is endure it for now.

Eventually, the Mandibuzz take a nosedive into the depths of the chasm, maintaining their firm grip on their "prey"; the group descends at alarming speed for what feels like an hour, until at long last, they reach the very bottom of the Gorge, a desolate place so far into the depths of the earth that sunlight barely reaches it. They drop the party unceremoniously from a height that won't cripple them but they will definitely feel the hit when they touch the ground.

"He will judge you as he sees fit. If I were you, I'd just hope he isn't hungry."

With that, the quintet of aerial guardians flies upwards until they disappear from sight, leaving you all alone at the bottom of the pit.
Taking a look around, the party realizes they are in a circular clearing, barren of life and covered in clay-colored dust. Insurmountable walls of stone surround them, and there seems to be nothing of interest in the perimeter save for a very large hole on the rock just up ahead.

And from that very hole, a deafening Roar, mighty and filled with authority suddenly emanates and echoes throughout the clearing. Whatever lies beyond it is most definitely aware of your presence...

What will you do?
“He will judge you as he sees fit. If I were you, I’d just hope he isn’t hungry.” Momo is momentarily pancaked on the ground after the impact but once he realizes the birds are getting ready to leave he quickly scrambles to his feet. “Don’t leave! Wait for me! I didn’t mind being held in your talons! I mean sure, I was getting poked a bit, but…” He stops talking once he realizes they are completely gone. Mio, who is brushing the dirt off of her stomach shakes her fist in the air toward them. “The nerve of those birds!! They’re lucky they were gone before I managed standing back up because I would have electrocuted every single one of them!”

Kei is sitting up on the ground feeling very defeated when suddenly a deafening Roar fills the entire area. All three of them turn their heads at the same time and notice the large hole that the sound came from. “Um… I think we should probably leave… Maybe we can go that way.” Kei points in the opposite direction farthest from the hole. “Go that way and then what, Kei? In case you haven’t noticed, we can’t exactly climb over the walls that are currently surrounding us. But even if we could, I’d still be talking to this ‘Ancient’ and giving them a piece of my mind!” With that, Mio begins to stomp toward the hole and notices that Momo is already almost there. “What are you doing Momo!? We need to stick together!” She is forced to yell in order to make sure he hears her. “I’m going to show the Ancient my cute paw pads and then ask them to carry me in order to protect them from swelling. What else would I be doing?”

After hearing that, Mio charges at full speed to catch up to Momo. “If you so much as think about seducing whoever is in there into holding you I will not hesitate to give your paw pads a reason to be swollen.” Mio is annoyed, she feels like she would have been better off coming out here alone at this rate. Momo rolls his eyes and doesn’t say anything one way or the other. The two of them continue to walk toward the hole and at this point Kei is also following them at a small distance from behind since he didn’t want to be left out here alone. “Once we get in there, I’m going to tell him that we were sent here by our trainer to hunt for treasure and that their bird servants are very rude. I would appreciate it if you stay quiet and let me handle this.” After she says that to Momo, they walk in silence until they all finally enter that very large hole.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #115
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,217
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Whimsy:

The calamitous events of their arrival behind them, the Cubone and Mudkip attempt to piece together their situation. The lifeboat they arrived on wasn’t going anywhere, except maybe deeper into a sand drift, leaving them stuck, on foot, in a desert. Furious, the Cubone begins walking off, with the bashful Mudkip following shortly behind, as they begin on their long trek towards… something. At least they hoped there was something out there.

Hours passed before they caught sight of something interesting: A small red bundle beneath a tree. As they got closer, they could see that it was a Darumaka, and a crying one at that. Upon seeing the pair of Pokemon, the spherical Fire type seemingly sprouts arms and legs and runs for them, beseeching the aid of the disastrous duo. "O travellers of this desolate land, please help me! I travelled far to reach the oasis here, and to obtain a souvenir of its mystical power to return home with and to show my friends and family, but whenever I go near to the place, this dastardly bully drives me away! Could I ask the pair of you to retrieve the souvenir for me? You look like strong Pokemon, he might not attack you.”

Clearly this individual is desperate, that he would request such a feat from the master of disaster and his shadowy companion. But, if this oasis is as mystical as he says, then maybe some part of it could be useful to the Pokemon, and an oasis might be a useful landmark to let them find their way out of this desert… What will they do?
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #116
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Bubbling Beach - On the coast between the southern and western dock is a sunny beach with pristine white sands and crashing waves - ideal for a summery vacation! But, this beach has more than just sun and fun; it's the ideal relaxation spot. Just beyond the dunes are a number of volcanic hot springs that overlook the sparkling seas. Despite their rather opposed nature, both Water and Fire Pokémon gather here to take full advantage of the mineral-rich (and slightly salty) springs. Some hotter Pokémon even enjoy the pools of bubbling magma interspersed with the watery ones! Please use deepskyblue.

'How odd, the stars are calling to me more often than before.' A young staryu stood balancing precariously on the front railings of the ship headed towards the now famous Incognito Isle, staring out ahead as if charting a travel path even from this distance. Assuming that it was telling the truth, that was most likely the case- whatever otherworldly force had commanded it to come to this place was probably giving it more information to work with even now.

A mawile walked up behind the starshape pokemon and cleared her throat. 'I understand that you're excited about... whatever you called this trip for, but I need you to keep from rushing on ahead. Chroma put me in charge of keeping you two on track, and I can't help but worry that Elen will do something stupid and troublesome.'

The staryu jumped down onto the deck proper and faced its chaperone. 'Oh lighten up, Louise! The inkay means no harm to anyone.'

'Mia, you're probably right, but... malamar have a really bad reputation and I can't but be afraid that that side of his lineage will come up at any time...'

Mia might not have been able to show outward emotion or conviction, it voice could certainly could portray them nicely. 'If something like that does happen, I will be there to provide assistance. Most likely.'

The mawile sighed in resignation. 'Okay, thanks, I guess. At least we didn't get saddled with the idiot pumpkin...'

A few minutes later, the staryu, mawile, and inkay were dropped off at the coast of the isle. 'Well, we mustn't keep the stars waiting! Let us set off!' Mia promptly started rolling down the beach, kicking up sand the whole way.

'Em rof tiaw, yeh!' the inkay cried out in his usual backwards speech before taking off after his fellow sea creature, leaving Louise to dash to keep up to them. This sand simply wasn't running friendly...

(OOC: Nicknames- Miapladicus= Staryu, Louise= Mawile, Elenchos= Inkay)
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #117
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Patches:

Undeterred by the ominous roar, the trio proceeds into the cave - then again,
it's not like they had a choice. Mio seems to be, as usual, the more motivated of the group, and takes the lead with her mind made up, unlike her two...
less-than-reliable companions.

The large opening on the wall gives way to a tunnel that stretches deep into the bowels of the earth. As the group progresses, they notice the wide corridor is surprisingly well-lit... but the method is a terrifying sight: trapped in cages sculpted into the rock itself, several weak, malnourished Volbeat are forced to continuously emit light; however, some of these cages do not contain Volbeat anymore, but rather slumbering Litwick with a faint flame... is that what the Bug-Types turn into when they die in captivity?...

The tunnel goes on, eventually begin to bend downwards and widening even more as you keep walking, eventually ending in an opening even larger than the one you came in from; however, you don't wind up back outside, but rather find yourselves in a huge circular chamber deep within the mountain's entrails. And lying on the ground at the very center is the one the Mandibuzz called "Ancient", staring straight at you with amusement and malice in its eyes.

"Welcome to my humble quarters," it growls ominously. "Make yourselves at home."

Slowly, the colossal beast rises, deciding it'd had enough rest. Such is its massive height that its head almost scrapes the chamber's ceiling; its body is covered in rock-like scales, and the most frightening aspect of the titan is its gigantic jaw. The Tyrantrum's roar is deafening, echoing across the chamber,
but the group can't shake off the feeling that it was a mere chuckle. And if so, how terrifying would its actual Roar be?...

"Treasure hunters, I assume," it speaks in a grave, raspy tone charged with patronizing sarcasm. "Off to please your precious human Trainer, no doubt. Tell me, adventurers: which of you is that human's favourite? Dare I say... the strongest?"

The beast smirks as it concludes, leaving the trio with an unexpected question; what could its purpose be? If the party is indeed invading its territory, why does it seem more inclined to talk than to devour the thieves?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #118
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 116
Morningstar:

As Mille milled through the debris she stumbled upon a pile of untouched items. Digging through it as best her paws would let her, she notices it contains mostly Pecha Berries. However, hidden towards the bottom is a Whipped Dream and a pair of Pink Apricorns. Meanwhile, the Snorlax grabs Monte as he climbs over his shoulder and gently places him on the ground. "I'm glad you're having fun, but there is something I need to see to."

The Snorlax rights himself and turns towards to look at the sun. "That time already? Best be getting out of their line of sight." He walks to some nearby trees and gathers an arm full of berries before beckoning to Éclair. "You'll probably want to be coming with me. Not safe out here. There's a cave nearby where we can talk more about getting you three up to the summit. He lumbers over the cliff face pulling back some vines that concealed a cave.

"Oh, and your friend over there. The Stufful. She's found the pile of food I don't eat." He says, ever so slightly cringing. "Its all to sweet for my tastes. Tell you what, join me for some lunch and a round of cards and I'll let you take what you want from it."

--------------------------

Deoxys:

As the trio of attack impact the creature it begins to falter. First the Brine takes all but a single bone away from the upper right arm. The Shadow Sneak shatters the ice frozen to the left arm leaving it in similar condition. Knowing that neither arm could support its weight alone, the Skelemere braces itself with both releasing Sucy as it does. Noticeable cracks begin to form on the supporting bones. Finally, Momonga floats up to its head and charges a Night Shade inside of it. The attack doesn't quite work as intended, instead it mixes with the ghostly energy contained in the beast.

As they mingle a glow begins to escape from the holes in the Skelemere's face, growing brighter and brighter until the energy sucks in upon itself and explodes. The burst resembles the firing of a gun. The release of energy obliterates what remains of the face, while the force kicks the beast up and backwards. As the beast snaps back into position, the bones supporting its arms begin to bend under the pressure. The cracks grow larger and shards of bone begin to fly off. Then CRACK. The bones shatter and the beast falls onto its stomach.

The wind stops and silence falls as Sucy rejoins Jinbe and Momonga, each somewhat worse for wear. As they pause to catch their breath, the beast twitches like a worm on hot asphalt dying from dehydration. Just as the ordeal seemed in the past the wind returned more erratic than ever.

"No no no no NOOOO !! THE CAptAIn will KiLL Us if wE LOse the TREasure!"
"Hush you fool, we have to focus on evacuating the ship. Alright, next life boat's going down."
"MEN! LEAVE THAT BE! NOT ANOTHER BOAT LEAVES UNTIL YOU GO FETCH THE CHEST!"
"SEe i tolD YOu. noW EverONE's iN DAnger NOW."
"Shove it, the bloody bastard care more about getting paid than anything else!"

The voices grow muffled as they are slowly drowned out by a menagerie of wails that grate on Jinbe's ears. The noise reaches a crescendo that seems to breath new life into the body of the beast. Is flops around turning from side to side before slithering off into the front half of the ship. Without the presence of the main body the arms of the beast quickly fall apart as the residual ghostly energy passes into the air seeking the nearest host, settling on Momonga.

As the streams of tattered purple energy flows into his body Momonga is overwhelmed and crashes to the ground landing on a small scrap of the sail. Slowly his body is dyed a red hue. But still some energy remains. Using Momonga as a conduit it enters the sail transforming it in to a Reaper Cloth.

Momonga gains 3 (three) levels.
Sucy gains 2 (two) levels.
Jinbe gains 1 (one) level.


The battle has been won, or has it? With the beast making its retreat and an unexpected transformation for Momonga, what will you Pokémon do?
__________________

Last edited by Brave Saix; 07-13-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #119
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,930
Maskerade- Once again Munchlax's wishes are pushed aside by the Staryu's abrupt attitude, the starfish quickly accepts the challenge laid out by the two Latino Lombre. This could go either way, they could blitz through the challenge and deliver the parcel to its rightful owner or the Lombre could dominate them and take the parcel for themselves, it was a rather precarious situation.

"Alright ese, here's how this is going to go down. Three challenges holmes, best two of three is the winner. You win you go through with the parcel, you lose we get the parcel and run on back to those slugs, got it? First challenge is a race, two legs, one land and one water." The Lombre look around, looking for a few landmarks to set the race around. "Right, you see that umbrella in the sand way over there? Two of us start here, race around that before heading straight down to the water where the other two will be waiting. Once your partner gets to you, you can start to swim, out and around that buoy and back. First one back to shore wins. No rules other than what was just laid out, you think you can take us amigo?" The Lombre begin to laugh as they stretch their limbs, preparing themselves for the race. You would have to decide who would compete in which leg of the race and whether or not you were going to focus solely on the race or play a little dirty as well. Staryu spins rapidly, it seems rather eager to get the race started.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #120
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Vivacious Village - A happy hamlet built by native Pokémon, consisting mostly of clay and thatch huts, lying just north of the southern dock. These huts dot the southern foothills of the mountain peak in the middle of the island. Normal-typed Pokémon favor dwelling in the hills, while Pokémon living in center of the village closer to the dock tend are a bit rougher. The village square doubles as a sort of an arena for local Fighting Pokémon to engage in sparring matches or training. Please use sandybrown.
Sothe found himself recovering from a sudden daze. What the hell was that even about? Just a mere moment ago he was exploring the Isle’s rich forest along with Presea, or at least he was trying to. They were supposed to be looking for a lost… something - an errand for a pair of Bellossom - and then he ended up eating a spider web, of all things, for some unknown reason in the process. There seemed to be more to it in addition to that, but the details were growing hazy, floating right above the surface of his mind, just barely out of reach, before dissipating entirely. Soon enough, what would have been of that plane of reality ceased to exist, and the Sceptile was forced to acknowledge the here and now. His memories came flooding back. Memories that mattered.

He was strolling through a Pokemon Village, and beside him slithered Chris, his longtime companion. Though the Seviper was infamous for her short temper and toxic personality, she had learned to more than merely tolerate the Sceptile’s sass, and he in turn kept sticking around, even after pushing his luck a tad too far time and time again, like some masochistic degenerate. So used they had gotten to the other, that they wouldn’t really know what it would be like to be apart for long. Perhaps this kind of codependence is, in a way, what love really is like, or at least, it could be considered as one of its more honest manifestations. The pair may constantly bicker, and even fight on occasion, but at their core, they cared.

It was because this dynamic was so stable and expected between them, that now Sothe seemed legitimately concerned for Chris in her current state. Things had changed since the incident, and he felt her demeanor to now be… distant, overall, or at least towards him, in particular. No longer did his verbal quips seem to reach her in a noteworthy manner, and no longer did she threaten bloody death in return. It’s almost like a certain fire had fizzled out in her heart. Chris may be mean, petty and vindictive, but at least there used to be passion in her malevolence.

“Hey.” He finally dared break the silence.

“What?” Her reply came off as flat.

“Oh, you snappy now, I like that! But really, I gotta say, you’re gonna tear something if you keep your coils so tight all the time. Relaxing for a moment is allowed, y’know. Ever heard of what a massage is like?”

“What if I don’t want to relax, Sothe? It’s a dangerous world out here, you never know what the hands of destiny have in store for you. And why do you care so much anyways? You’ve been pestering me about that all day. Want me to lower my guard so you can betray me too? Is that it?”

“Of course! You’ve seen right through me! That is clearly my true and most devious intent. I dream of dramatic betrayal every second I breathe.” He grinned sarcastically, priming himself to backstep and dodge an incoming tail swipe in an instant. It disappointed him that she never did.

“Look,” he continued, “It’s been awhile since then already. You deserve a break. You need it, actually. If not for your sake, can you at least do it for pops? It hurts him to see you like this. You don’t really take a moment to enjoy yourself, lately. So, how about we just have a nice, fun adventure, for once? We go out there, pick up a prize or two, and come back smiling. Maybe we can even-”

“Fine! Fine! I have to try to have fun, or whatever. I get it!” She rolled her eyes and sighed, before letting out what seemed like a chuckle after a brief pause. Perhaps she remembered a distant, amusing memory. “I take it you have it planned out then? Where to, Captain Funtimes?”

“Well, I know for a fact that an arena is held at the village square, so if we make in time, we can maybe spectate an entertaining fight before heading out to the beach and bask in the sun’s glory. We then get something to eat and gather supplies for a hike to the mountain’s peak. Or maybe the whole plan gets scrapped as we subject ourselves to fate’s penmanship.”

“Doesn’t it always turn out that way?”

“The unpredictability of life is what makes it so fun, I’d say.”

“Fair enough. I’m craving some violence now. To the square, you said?”

“I’ll lead the way!”
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #121
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Morningstar:

As Mille milled through the debris she stumbled upon a pile of untouched items. Digging through it as best her paws would let her, she notices it contains mostly Pecha Berries. However, hidden towards the bottom is a Whipped Dream and a pair of Pink Apricorns. Meanwhile, the Snorlax grabs Monte as he climbs over his shoulder and gently places him on the ground. "I'm glad you're having fun, but there is something I need to see to."

The Snorlax rights himself and turns towards to look at the sun. "That time already? Best be getting out of their line of sight." He walks to some nearby trees and gathers an arm full of berries before beckoning to Éclair. "You'll probably want to be coming with me. Not safe out here. There's a cave nearby where we can talk more about getting you three up to the summit. He lumbers over the cliff face pulling back some vines that concealed a cave.

"Oh, and your friend over there. The Stufful. She's found the pile of food I don't eat." He says, ever so slightly cringing. "Its all to sweet for my tastes. Tell you what, join me for some lunch and a round of cards and I'll let you take what you want from it."



A glob of something stuck itself to Mille's nose. She licked it off and frowned. It was far too sweet for her taste, but she imagined a Fairy-type like Eclair would like it. Next to the sweet was two Pink Apricorns which she quickly separated from the rest of the pile. She raised her head and looked towards her companions. Monte giggled as the Snorlax removed him from his perch on his shoulder and placed him gently on the ground. The Snorlax looked towards the sun, strangely concerned for the time of day.

The large Normal-type grabs an armful of berries and invites the three into his cave. Their morning had been filled with entirely too much danger for Eclair's taste. This Snorlax seemed a bit more trustworthy than the wordless Espurr. She wasn't even sure if Snorlax had the energy to trick unsuspecting Pokemon.

Monte followed after Snorlax, running around and in-between his legs, narrowly escaping being stepped on. Eclair waited at the entrance of the cave for Mille, who was making her way out of the pile of food.

"Find anything?" The Mawile asked.

"Yeah. Athena will like it." Mille nodded, expression unchanging. She thought of how her trainer would squeal at delight at the pink items they would bring home.

"Well let's hope we can beat him at cards then..." Eclair said, did any of them even know how to play cards? How did a Snorlax get cards out here anyway?

"I got this." Mille remarked as she walked past Eclair into the cave. Eclair was glad, it seemed like the rest of their adventure to the Isle would be productive.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #122
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Once again Munchlax's wishes are pushed aside by the Staryu's abrupt attitude, the starfish quickly accepts the challenge laid out by the two Latino Lombre. This could go either way, they could blitz through the challenge and deliver the parcel to its rightful owner or the Lombre could dominate them and take the parcel for themselves, it was a rather precarious situation.

"Alright ese, here's how this is going to go down. Three challenges holmes, best two of three is the winner. You win you go through with the parcel, you lose we get the parcel and run on back to those slugs, got it? First challenge is a race, two legs, one land and one water." The Lombre look around, looking for a few landmarks to set the race around. "Right, you see that umbrella in the sand way over there? Two of us start here, race around that before heading straight down to the water where the other two will be waiting. Once your partner gets to you, you can start to swim, out and around that buoy and back. First one back to shore wins. No rules other than what was just laid out, you think you can take us amigo?" The Lombre begin to laugh as they stretch their limbs, preparing themselves for the race. You would have to decide who would compete in which leg of the race and whether or not you were going to focus solely on the race or play a little dirty as well. Staryu spins rapidly, it seems rather eager to get the race started.
Things were going from bad to worse, at least from Munchlax’s perspective. At the very least, the Lombre duo didn’t outright rough them up like a pair of thugs, but the idea of having to race was only a fraction less painful than an actual beat-up…

The silly Staryu seemed to relish the thought, but to the hungry bear, it was nothing more than a chore, not to mention an unconquerable challenge. Short of maybe a Goldeen on land, Munchlax knew he wasn’t ever going to outspeed anyone, so what was even the point? Still, he was out of choices – he swam about as well as a rusty nail, so that meant the water stage of the race would be left up to Staryu; which meant slugging along the sand fell on him and his stubby legs. What a drag…

The two Pokémon got into position, Munchlax shaking his head all along. There was no way he could win this, not unless Lombre suddenly forgot how to put one leg in front of the other, or kept tripping on random piles of sand. Tripping… Munchlax smiled to himself, suddenly struck by a naughty little idea to tilt the scales in his favour. As the two Pokémon began running, Munchlax materialized a sizable Soft-Boiled egg in his hand and tossed it sneakily right at Lombre’s feet, hoping he’d trip up and fall. That way, if everything went according to plan, maybe - just maybe - he could put enough distance between him and the Grass-Type to salvage this leg of the race…
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-16-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #123
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 585



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Love is a strange thing. It comes in all sorts of flavors, and has all sorts of ideals. Romantic love, motherly love, brotherly love, love of country, love of money, love of self. Sometimes, when two people love each other, it isn't healthy. Sometimes, when two people love each other, it isn't even. (Some world say the later is more often than not the case.) Some say love is eternal, and other claim it is fleeting. The cynical among us might even tell you it doesn't exist at all.

The sun beats down on the city square, making the morning muggy and altogether unpleasant to endure, save for a few hardy Grass-types and -- of course -- the Fire-types milling about. The Ice-types seem to be particularly suffering, and the pair pass a snow-white, curly-furred Vulpix and a Glaceon commiserating in their misery under the shade an Aguav tree. In the center of the square, a, well... square has been set up, roped off and surrounded by curious Pokémon. As Chris and Sothe venture close, it looks for a moment to be a traditional boxing ring, until the Hawlucha inside slams her Machop opponent into the turn buckle with extreme force. A Combusken -- wearing a mask -- and a Meinfoo stand just on the other side of the ropes on either side of the ring; while the Machop struggles to catch her breath, the Hawlucha tags in the Combusken, who delivers a drop kick to the Machop's head. Why, it's a tag-team wrestling match!

It goes on for a while in this manner. For a while, it looks like the Combusken-Hawlucha pair have the advantage; then the Machop tags out to her partner, and the tables turn. A real high-flyer, the largely grounded Combusken can't seem to get a hit in edgewise once the speedier Meinfoo puts some distance between them. Unable to manage a tag-out, Combusken falls to a sunset flip after a grueling four minutes in the ring. The crowd goes wild as the Sentret referee raises the arms of the victors -- Machop and Meinfoo -- high. Combusken crawls, panting, to the edge of the ring, where her partner waits. The Hawlucha extends a sympathetic wing, but Combusken jerks away and then shoves her off, wobbling to her feet. The Hawlucha goes through the ropes, bouncing off the rubber mats which surrond the ring and landing on the stone of the city square. The entire crowd goes silent as they hear the Combusken yell.

"I'm tired of you holding me back!"

Flat on her back on the cobblestone, the Hawlucha stares up at her tag team partner, dumbfounded. Slowly, she eases herself up into a sitting position, body aching from the collision with a non-padded surface.

"But Fuega-" the Hawlucha pleads. She's cut off by the Cumbusken -- Fuega -- making an obscene gesture with her arm.

"Shut up, Voladora!" Fuega barks. "It's your fault we lost! Because you won't let me evolve!"

"But-... but then we wouldn't be in the same weight class-" Voladora protests, weakly. She climbs to her feet. No one else -- not the crowd, not the referee, not their opponents -- dares speak.

"Who cares?" Fuega snipes. Her tone is cruel. "I don't want to be your partner anymore! All you've ever done is hold me back!"

With a clawed hand, Fuega reaches to her wrist, around which a heavy brace is wrapped. She rips it off, the fabric tearing, and from it drops a small stone -- an Everstone. Fuega picks it up from the mat, and throws it at Voladora, striking her in the face. Voladora flinches, but doesn't give ground.

"Take your stupid rock back," Fuega sneers, as her body begins to glow with white-hot light. Her very being warping and shifting in front of dozens of other Pokémon, she begins to evolve, and in a matter a moments, its over; Fuega stands there, in the ring, a Blaziken.

"Stay out of my way, Voladora," Fuega warns, as she mounts the ropes. "Or get burned."

Voladora watches as Fuega leaps from the ropes, landing on her feet on the opposite side of the ring, and struts off. There are tears in her eyes as she picks up the Everstone from the ground at her feet. The hush of the crowd is uncomfortable as the hardened fighting type begins to cry silently, tears spilling over her feathered cheeks, leaving tracts of matted plumage in their wake. Without saying a word, she turns, and marches towards the tent set up for contenders, fist closed tightly around the stone.



Last edited by 134; 07-18-2017 at 06:36 AM.
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #124
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Love is a strange thing. It comes in all sorts of flavors, and has all sorts of ideals. Romantic love, motherly love, brotherly love, love of country, love of money, love of self. Sometimes, when two people love each other, it isn't healthy. Sometimes, when two people love each other, it isn't even. (Some world say the later is more often than not the case.) Some say love is eternal, and other claim it is fleeting. The cynical among us might even tell you it doesn't exist at all.

The sun beats down on the city square, making the morning muggy and altogether unpleasant to endure, save for a few hardy Grass-types and -- of course -- the Fire-types milling about. The Ice-types seem to be particularly suffering, and the pair pass a snow-white, curly-furred Vulpix and a Glaceon commiserating in their misery under the shade an Aguav tree. In the center of the square, a, well... square has been set up, roped off and surrounded by curious Pokémon. As Chris and Sothe venture close, it looks for a moment to be a traditional boxing ring, until the Hawlucha inside slams her Machop opponent into the turn buckle with extreme force. A Combusken -- wearing a mask -- and a Meinfoo stand just on the other side of the ropes on either side of the ring; while the Machop struggles to catch her breath, the Hawlucha tags in the Combusken, who delivers a drop kick to the Machop's head. Why, it's a tag-team wrestling match!

It goes on for a while in this manner. For a while, it looks like the Combusken-Hawlucha pair have the advantage; then the Machop tags out to her partner, and the tables turn. A real high-flyer, the largely grounded Combusken can't seem to get a hit in edgewise once the speedier Meinfoo puts some distance between them. Unable to manage a tag-out, Combusken falls to a sunset flip after a grueling four minutes in the ring. The crowd goes wild as the Sentret referee raises the arms of the victors -- Machop and Meinfoo -- high. Combusken crawls, panting, to the edge of the ring, where her partner waits. The Hawlucha extends a sympathetic wing, but Combusken jerks away and then shoves her off, wobbling to her feet. The Hawlucha goes through the ropes, bouncing off the rubber mats which surrond the ring and landing on the stone of the city square. The entire crowd goes silent as they hear the Combusken yell.

"I'm tired of you holding me back!"

Flat on her back on the cobblestone, the Hawlucha stares up at her tag team partner, dumbfounded. Slowly, she eases herself up into a sitting position, body aching from the collision with a non-padded surface.

"But Fuega-" the Hawlucha pleads. She's cut off by the Cumbusken -- Fuega -- making an obscene gesture with her arm.

"Shut up, Voladora!" Fuega barks. "It's your fault we lost! Because you won't let me evolve!"

"But-... but then we wouldn't be in the same weight class-" Voladora protests, weakly. She climbs to her feet. No one else -- not the crowd, not the referee, not their opponents -- dares speak.

"Who cares?" Fuega snipes. Her tone is cruel. "I don't want to be your partner anymore! All you've ever done is hold me back!"

With a clawed hand, Fuega reaches to her wrist, around which a heavy brace is wrapped. She rips it off, the fabric tearing, and from it drops a small stone -- an Everstone. Fuega picks it up from the mat, and throws it at Voladora, striking her in the face. Voladora flinches, but doesn't give ground.

"Take your stupid rock back," Fuega sneers, as her body begins to glow with white-hot light. Her very being warping and shifting in front of dozens of other Pokémon, she begins to evolve, and in a matter a moments, its over; Fuega stands there, in the ring, a Blaziken.

"Stay out of my way, Voladora," Fuega warns, as she mounts the ropes. "Or get burned."

Voladora watches as Fuega leaps from the ropes, landing on her feet on the opposite side of the ring, and struts off. There are tears in her eyes as she picks up the Everstone from the ground at her feet. The hush of the crowd is uncomfortable as the hardened fighting type begins to cry silently, tears spilling over her feathered cheeks, leaving tracts of matted plumage in their wake. Without saying a word, she turns, and marches towards the tent set up for contenders, fist closed tightly around the stone.


Chris looked a tad intrigued by the style of battle she had just witnessed, unlike anything she could have possibly anticipated. Being an expert combatant herself, she couldn't help but feel that some, if not most of it was... suboptimal. Very flashy and interestingly choreographed, and yet, not at all like how a normal battle would take place. Where was the fire spitting? The claws and fangs tearing into flesh? Why did they just lay there flat on the mat while the other performed such an impractical aerial stunt? None of it made any sense, and yet, it could not be denied that the onlookers where certainly entertained. What was the whole appeal of it all about?

Sothe, in contrast, seemed particularly fascinated by it all. The action; the eternal struggle between champ and underdog or between bitter rivals; the shift in momentum form one instant to another... the drama, in and out of the ring as dreams where shattered and alliances broken! He got what it was all about. Unlike Chris, this wasn't the first time he had been exposed to such a show. He had seen broadcasts on tv, numerous times in complete clandestine cover. He had become a closet fan, through and through, though he would never dare admit it openly, lest he found his reputation sullied in the process.

"That was quite a thing." Chris finally muttered in contemplation. "The heck was it all about though?"

"Oho! that, m'dear, is lucha libre, and a pretty decent match this was, I must say. How did ya like it?" Sothe answered, trying hard to mask the eager anticipation in his eyes as he awaited her response.

"I'm not sure... seems like fake mock combat to me."

"... F-fake?! Really?! I-I mean, ugh-" He instantly regretted that response; he should've know she would've had such a response, yet, a part of him was expecting otherwise. Chris in turn cackled audibly, finding amusement in for once putting her partner at a loss for words. She knew right then and there she had found a sensitive subject, and it was great!

"Ok, for starters," the Scpetile continued, trying to save face, "lucha libre is an ancient form of ritual combat, started ages ago by Hawlucha as a form of proving one's own worth to the rest of society and as a celebration in honor of ancient heroes and all that is glorious in the art of combat. Soon enough, other Pokemon saw the appeal of it and joined in the tradition themselves."

Chris grinned as she gave him a skeptical glare. "... It's all fake, Sothe. I'm not sorry."

"LUCHA LIBRE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

"Admit it, you just came up with that bull crap of a story right now."

"Oh! Oh! Ok! Well, how do you feel about asking that Hawlucha yourself then? Maybe have her teach you a thing or two. Y'know, this might just what you need to friggin' find some new purpose and joy in life. Who knows?"

"Bah... fine then! We'll see how it is."
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #125
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 585



Vivacious Village


Balmund:
Sothe and Chris -- at odds over the validity of the combat sport -- decide to take the issue to the contender herself. As they walk past the ring, the next round begins, a rather well-stacked Lopunny announcing the stipulations.

"This next match is scheduled for one fall," she calls, in a sultry voice. "And is a triple threat! From right here in Vivacious Village, Puńos Poderosos!"

As she spoke, a Hitmonchan in bright trunks mounted the ropes and somersaulted into the ring. He began walking around boisterously as she continued.

"From the Withering Woods -- Piernas Mortales!" Her words ushered in a Hitmonlee in a skull-patterned mask, who mounted the turn buckle and slid his thumb across his throat in a threatening gesture.

"And from the Dancing Desert... Salvaje al Revés!" The crowd exploded; a fan favorite. Chris and Sothe got a good look at the Hitmontop that weaved its way to the ring as they passed by; it glittered a fantastic pink and bounced off the top rope, hitting the mat on his head. He spun like a top, skirting around the Lopunny in a cheeky, flirtatious manner that made her giggle. A handspring later, and he was on his feet, arms raised high. The Lopunny vacated, replaced by the Sentret tasked with reffing the match, and then the bell rung. After that, the fight was on between the three, but the pair of bickering Pokémon wouldn't get to see it, as they'd reached the contender's tent.

Unguarded, no one stopped Chris and Sothe from entering. Inside, there were a few Pokémon; two Politoed -- one blue, and one green -- were applying athletic tape to one another. An altogether intidimating looking Nidoqueen was doing squats in one corner. A Pikachu halfway through changing into her gear shrieked at the sight of an unfamiliar face and threw a boot directly at Sothe's head before jerking a temporary curtain closed.

The Hawlucha they sought, meanwile, was slumped at a table, rolling the Everstone around across the surface with one clawed digit. Chin in the heel of the other hand, she looked miserable, and not at all as a fighter should look. When Chris and Sothe approach, she turns her gaze up, and frowns.

"Sorry," she grunts, unenthusiastic and gruff. "No autographs."


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.