UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #76
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

In spite of a healthy dose of skepticism towards the Clefairy, the group decides to give her the benefit of the doubt and let her go, as long as she returns the ball. She seems rather relieved by your collective decision, and willingly relinquishes the ball, passing it over to Chromium.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing!" she insists, "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, really!"

With the ball returned, the Clefairy skips off into the darkness of the cave, clearly eager to cause no further trouble. Your primary goal has been achieved, but you still need to return the ball to its rightful owner and you'll have to get out of the cave to do that. But with the entrance blocked and the remainder of the cave unknown to the group, it is not exactly a simple or straightforward task. You could wander around the cave in hopes of finding another exit, but who knows how deep this cave goes, and you don't exactly have infinite time to stumble upon an egress. You could also try to find a guide, but the only potential one you've come across so far has just gamboled into the shadows.

Before you have much time to consider your options, however, you hear a commotion coming from the caves ahead. The sounds of flapping and screeching from the other branch from before have followed you here, but this time, a scream accompanies them. It appears a Pokémon is in trouble! Will you come to their rescue?
Clefairy seemed very relieved by the fact that the misunderstanding was cleared up, as well as very apologetic for said misunderstanding. "Hey, it's cool," grinned Cotton. "We cleared it up, everyone's fine."

"Well, that was a nice little moment there," Chromium remarked as Clefairy skipped away. "Just one minor issue now- just how the hell do you suggest we get out of here?"

Cotton rolled his eyes. "Same way we got in here, duh," he responded.

"Oh, what, that tunnel that's not only caved in now, but also occupied by a completely unresponsive Zen Mode Darmanitan?" retorted the Smeargle.

"No- with you using Dig, of course," the Swirlix responded, as though this was the most obvious thing ever. "You dug us a way in here, you can dig us a way out." Chromium opened her mouth to retort, but was so disarmed by Cotton's argument consisting primarily of such strong faith in her abilities that she closed it again seconds later, unable to come up with a retort.

At that moment, however, the way back no longer seemed like the way to go- in the caves ahead, a commotion could be heard. Flapping, screeching, and now with a scream in the midst- something was wrong, there was a Pokémon in trouble! "Come on!" Cotton exclaimed, taking off in the direction of the noise. Chromium rolled her eyes, but she too had heard the scream, and so she followed. Tinnitus flopped along with them. In fact, he flopped faster than a Rattled Magikarp after taking a Pin Missile, soon overtaking Cotton, the mute Tympole taking the lead. Vibrating his cheeks, Tinnitus sent out some Supersonic sound waves into the cave ahead- that flapping and screeching, they were almost certainly dealing with something in the Zubat, Woobat, or Noibat families, and no matter which one they were about to confront, one thing held true of them all- communication via Supersonic. With this Supersonic, Tinnitus had essentially demanded to know what was going on, and as he led the way, he braced himself for the answer, be it via more Supersonic waves, or by way of an attack.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #77
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~
 
Whimsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Literally everywhere
Posts: 1,860
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Incognito Isle


Dancing Desert - A windy desert exists behind the volcano's rain shadow between the western and northern docks, running from the beach up to the base of the mountain. This desert gets its name from the shifting dunes that appear to dance in the winds and shift around the complicated, weathered rock formations that dot the area. Rock- and Ground-types favor this part of the island, enjoying the bright sun and dry climate, as well as the various crannies carved into the rock faces by the wind. Please use papaywhip.

For most people, a cruise is a nice, peaceful get away from their loud, stressful day-to-day life. Those people haven’t been on the same cruise ship as Michael and his team. The boisterous bunch had basically taken over their cruise ship with their various antics. Luckily Michael had booked this one to be a private ship for himself and his squad only, otherwise he’d have a lot of complaints on his hands. He had to admit - It was pretty nice to be away from it all, out on the open sea with nothing but his friends and partners to care about.
Speaking of his friends, most of them had spent the last few hours arguing over where they’d go and who they’d send to the idyllic Incognito Isle. It was quite a loud debate, and many pieces of furniture had been thrown around, and yet they still hadn’t come to an agreement. The only ones not involved in that conflict were wrapped up in one of their own…
-------------------------------------------------------------
“So, let me get this straight,” Saizo started, pinching the bridge of his nose, “We are stuck in the middle of a desert!”
It might have sounded like an obvious statement, but considering the circumstances of their arrival you could forgive Saizo for being a little redundant. One minute he was creeping his way through the ship trying to work on improving his stealth, the next… well he wasn’t quite sure what happened next, but it involved a runaway lifeboat and ended with them being stranded here in the middle of a desert. He had been skeptical of Spencer’s uncanny ability to accidentally cause everything he touched to fall apart but now… now he wasn’t quite sure what to believe.
“Do you have any idea of the gravity of this situation? Nobody knows we’re out here!” Saizo asked the Mudkip, infuriated. Spencer looked away ashamedly. He hadn’t meant to break the control panel of the lifeboat. He thought he could control it but having no hands made moving the levers difficult and… now they were trapped here possibly forever.
“I’m sorry…” Spencer whimpered. Saizo sighed.
“Look. Moping isn’t going to get us anywhere. Let’s just try to find some semblance of life.” He explained bluntly, before taking off. Spencer followed behind him slowly, lest he anger the Cubone further by accident…
__________________


Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty



Last edited by Whimsy; 07-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #78
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post

♨ Bubbling Beach ♨

134


Opting to hoist Pouli over the rock and have her hunt down the scuttling, cowardly bug, Niho enlists the help of the Pansear to get her over the wet rocks.

"Sure, let's give it a shot!"

Everyone getting into position, Niho and Pansear get up behind Pouli's posterior. With all their effort and weight behind them, they manage to shove her up the side of the slippery rocks. She claws and flails a bit, but she makes it to the top, sliding down the other side.

"I can't let you go alone!" Pansear declares once Pouli makes it to the other side.

With her simian deftness, she bounds up the rocks and over without too much problem, making it to the other side. Once you're both freed from the trap, you quickly note the trail the Wimpod left behind in the sand. It seems in its panic it didn't even bother to cover its tracks, meaning Pouli's expert tracking skills aren't even needed!

Trailing the line in the sand takes you to another complex of hot springs, this one quite a bit taller than the others. Three tiers of springs are arranged in a staggered fashion, creating a hidden alcove in the middle. The tracks lead right into the alcove. Through it, you can see glints of light and some movement. It seems the Wimpod is inside, likely along with the Golisopod. You recognize the items inside to be of some value.

"I'm sure all of that is stolen," Panpour theorizes, "I'm definitely not the only one to have been stolen from by these criminals. What do you think we should do? Try to get some of them back? Confront Golisopod?"

"Good luck!" Niho yelled after them. So much for stealing their boss' heart... at least the hot springs were nice.

~*~

Pouli pants slightly by the time they arrive at the hideout; she's not used to so much running. This wasn't exactly the relaxing day on the beach they had planned, and she's managed to lose both of her young wards now. She's kind of a terrible babysitter, but perhaps an alright vigilante? She's never done this before, so she doesn't have a frame of reference, but she knows she's mad, and ready to end this nonsense.

"Both!" She howls, forcefully, stamping one of her front paws. Before her companion has a chance to reply, she's begun marching into the den, Will-o-Wisps flaring. "Come out, you no good thieves! I have a bone to pick with you!"

The fires produce a great deal of smog, and it becomes evident after a moment that she intends to smoke them out with the noxious gas if she has to, the typically docile hound at her final straw and no longer willing to compromise with these lying, deceitful menaces. "You're going to give back everything you stole, or I'm going to do it for you, you hear me?! I am so sick of this!"
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #79
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Jerichi:
The trio made their way from the beach to the Carbink cave the Sableye had detailed in his description, with questions and doubts toiling within the pair of Kecleons. The Sableye seemed suspicious, but it was difficult to get a read on the situation. Perhaps it would be wise to see what the Carbink had to say first. Still, the prospect of receiving an Ice Stone and a Nevermelt Ice as a reward for retrieving the Sableye's belongings seemed quite enticing regardless.

The cave itself was exactly where the Imp-like Pokemon said it would be. While certainly no adult human could fit through its entrance, it was just the right size for the Pokemon trio. The inside was dark, as one might imagine a cave to be, and the floor was soft and mushy from the permafrost. Crystals glistened throughout the cave from the light outside, creating somewhat of a path inward, their sparkling leading as far in as the eye could see.

As the Pokemon proceeded forward into the cave, looking for answers, Ai tripped over something on the ground - landing face to face with something odd. Upon closer inspection, it was the the bones of a human skeleton, partially embedded in the side of the cave, a tattered, purple handkerchief-like cloth hanging around its neck like a scarf. Suddenly, a voice rang out.

"Please don't scream! You'll everyone up!" A child-like voice quietly whispered, and echoed. With a glimmer and the popping of the Earth breaking, the Carbink pulled itself out of the ground and hopped over to where the Vulpix stood. "I know it's kind of scary, but we leave it alone out of respect for the dead, and because we don't want to upset any spirits that might be watching!" The Carbink paused and looked at you. "I don't think I've ever seen you guys around here before, and we don't get many visitors in our little cave..."
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #80
Naruxami
Is Zook
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 339
Ironthunder: last update here [x]

TheKnightsFury: The Lairon's prize had been exactly what you were hoping for, finally an item that would allow you to reach your full potential and grow stronger. It was ideal, Spartacus could hardly contain his excitement --- much to the dismay of Boudicca. She was frustrated that they had not gone with her choice, frustrated that the fruits of all their labours had only gotten them a hunk of metal. She huffed angrily, letting his distaste ring out clearly and loudly. Spartacus became increasingly frustrated at this point... did she not realise how precious what they had found was? Why was she acting so petty about the whole ordeal? Spartacus was finding it extremely difficult to maintain his anger, lashing out at his teammate for behaving the way she was.

Upon explaining what they had actually found, Boudicca was extremely apologetic. Apologising for not fully understanding what they had actually found, she said she was sorry for her behaviour and the trio took a few brief moments to clear their heads. Perhaps it was worth looking around the crater for a little bit longer? Who knew what they would actually come across, besides, the more rewards they were able to bring back to their trainer the better, right? Spartacus began to lead the trio again, ready to set out on another trek in search of some fantastic object or treasure... but he was cut short by something. As he was rising up, his eyes were immediately drawn to something shiny in the distance --- it was golden, spherical, and a shining light in the otherwise dim cave.

Upon making their way towards it, they noticed a group of Shinx playing with the object --- it was similar to a ball after all. They batted it around, playing a game of makeshift soccer as they laughed and giggled at one another. They seemingly had not noticed your trio arrive yet, continuing with their game.

It's possibly that what they're playing with might be something of value, what do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #81
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jerichi:
The trio made their way from the beach to the Carbink cave the Sableye had detailed in his description, with questions and doubts toiling within the pair of Kecleons. The Sableye seemed suspicious, but it was difficult to get a read on the situation. Perhaps it would be wise to see what the Carbink had to say first. Still, the prospect of receiving an Ice Stone and a Nevermelt Ice as a reward for retrieving the Sableye's belongings seemed quite enticing regardless.

The cave itself was exactly where the Imp-like Pokemon said it would be. While certainly no adult human could fit through its entrance, it was just the right size for the Pokemon trio. The inside was dark, as one might imagine a cave to be, and the floor was soft and mushy from the permafrost. Crystals glistened throughout the cave from the light outside, creating somewhat of a path inward, their sparkling leading as far in as the eye could see.

As the Pokemon proceeded forward into the cave, looking for answers, Ai tripped over something on the ground - landing face to face with something odd. Upon closer inspection, it was the the bones of a human skeleton, partially embedded in the side of the cave, a tattered, purple handkerchief-like cloth hanging around its neck like a scarf. Suddenly, a voice rang out.

"Please don't scream! You'll everyone up!" A child-like voice quietly whispered, and echoed. With a glimmer and the popping of the Earth breaking, the Carbink pulled itself out of the ground and hopped over to where the Vulpix stood. "I know it's kind of scary, but we leave it alone out of respect for the dead, and because we don't want to upset any spirits that might be watching!" The Carbink paused and looked at you. "I don't think I've ever seen you guys around here before, and we don't get many visitors in our little cave..."
At the sight of the half-buried human skeleton, the two Kecleon both jumped back and instinctively triggered their skin pigment to blend into the background, though Ai's blue stripe blended much better with the crystaline cave than Koi's bright red one. Violette, however, likely ignorant of what she saw, reacted with childish curiosity. Only when the Carbink appeared from seemingly nowhere did she react, bouncing back with an arched back at the sudden appearance of the bejeweled fairy. Her instincts, thankfully, served her well, as her natural desire to keep a low profile kept her from reacting loudly to wake the rest of the cave. With the appearance of a friendly face and the explanation, the two Kecleon reveal themselves and try to explain.

"Ah, yes, well, sorry about the intrusion. We promise we won't disturb any, er, remains," Ai started, trying to keep her voice low, "We're looking for something a friend of ours lost."

"I wouldn't exactly call him a friend," Koi quipped.

"Well, yes, more of an acquaintance. But regardless, we agreed to help him look for some gems. He thinks he may of lost them, or they may have been stolen. Do you know anything about them or know where they might be?"

Under his breath, Koi leaned into Ai and complained, "Do you think this is going to work? If that guy stole from them, I'm sure they won't be too happy to see him send a clean up team to steal back their bounty."

Ai shoved him aside.


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:01 AM   #82
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: to the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
The merry crew of Menma, Kotori and Sol made their way through the gorge. The Chikorita seemed to be asserting himself as the dominant member of the the team, his two companions happy enough to follow his lead. A strong wind drove down through the gorge, Kotori was enjoying the challenge however, this environment suited her well. The landscape was rather barren, the high cliffs sported the odd tree clinging to the near vertical walls. There were small patches of grass scattered around but most of it looked rather tough and unpleasant. The team continues to venture up the gorge, steadily making their way up the slope. Suddenly something catches Kotori's eye and she quickly moves to avoid the projectile that rains down from above.

CRACK!

The projectile slams into a nearby boulder, splitting it in half and sending up a cloud of dust and debris. Your team stand at the ready as the dust clears, revealing a small blue dragon pulling himself out of the remains of the boulder. "Awk sorry about that guys, didn't see you there when I jumped, could have really flattened you aye." The Bagon gave itself a once over, checking for any signs of injury. "Eh looks like that wasn't enough, I swear I'm never going to fly. What are you lot doing around here anyways? Any chance you could lend me a hand, I have to get back up the top so I can jump again. It only takes a second to jump but the climb back up takes hours for me, if I can get a few jumps in quick succession I bet I could master flight!" The Bagon was eager to get back up the side of the gorge so it could attempt to fly once more, but you you be willing to help it participate in such reckless behaviour?
The trio walked through the gorge as they gawked and stared at everything and anything due to how different this environment was compared to literally anything the three had seen before in their entire (and shortlived) lives. Their walk was going pretty swimmingly as everyone had calmed down and no odd noises were being made until Kotori manages to spot something falling from the sky with great speed and promptly moves out of the way with the grace of a nightingale singing a love song.

"Sol-chaaaaaan, Menma-chaaaaan, this place is dangerous... we should head back... or maybe it's safer further in.." Kotori was, understandably shaken, given the fact she was almost crushed the the skull of a Bagon.

"Awk sorry about that guys, didn't see you there when I jumped, could have really flattened you aye." The Bagon seemed to be quite sorry for the fact that it could've caused massive damage, as it should be.

"It's fine, nobody got hurt as it was." Sol was quick to accept the apology, possibly overly quick but he didn't seem to care too much as nobody sustained any damage apart from Kotori getting one hell of a fright.

"Eh looks like that wasn't enough, I swear I'm never going to fly. What are you lot doing around here anyways? Any chance you could lend me a hand, I have to get back up the top so I can jump again. It only takes a second to jump but the climb back up takes hours for me, if I can get a few jumps in quick succession I bet I could master flight!" The Bagon spoke in a manner which made him seem overly keen to start flying, despite lacking wings.

The three looked to themselves before looking back to the Bagon and giving a friendly smile, Menma speaking up soon afterwards.

"Sure thing! But you should honestly be more careful, you might end up dying from hitting your head too often." Menma smiled her usual air-headed smile, confirming for the Bagon that they did intend to help.
__________________
PASBL
TL4/B Ref
WF Updater
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #83
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 288
Kawaiiconcept:

The group of Passimian are quick to strike an offensive pose at Cerno’s threats, whose bravery bordering on foolishness likely hasn’t allowed him to do simple math: the team is outnumbered 4 to 3, and fighting in the enemy’s preferred terrain. Fortunately, both younger teammates seem to be more level-headed in their approach, Spiritus adopting a pacifist role and Tengu an expectant one, but neither looking to openly engage their assailants.

“Foolish Whimsicott,” replies the largest Passimian, its expression shifting ever-so-slightly from one of unfeeling professionalism to mild annoyance, conveyed only by a slight frown, “do as I say and your questions will be answered. Fight us and your questions die with you.”

The four apes surround the party and force them to move along, like three criminals captured by the authorities. Cerno is visibly about to burst and start a battle he can’t win, but neither the Litwick nor the Seedot seem inclined to follow him in the endeavour, so for now, they follow the Passimian’s instructions.
The whole while of trekking through the forest is uneventful, the guards not seemingly interested in causing trouble as long as the party behaves. Indeed, it seems they are mostly professionals following orders to the letter and not just a bunch of troublemakers.

At long last, the path opens up in a very large circular clearing, devoid of trees and covered in lush green grass. At the very center of the area are two thrones made of wood, and upon each sits a large Pokémon: to the right an Oranguru, and to the left a Shiftry. In front of each of them is a small box made of wrapped leaves.

“Oho… so you are our trespassers,” spoke the Oranguru with a low-pitched, lazy tone. “Or should I say, our captives?”

“We knoew you came in search of treasures,” continued the Shiftry in an amused voice,” and you’re not the first. However, this is our territory. But we are benevolent! We will give you the compensation you want…

“… if you entertain us,” concluded the Oranguru with a yawn.

As if on cue, the Passimian who escorted you took a step forward and made an encompassing gesture towards the clearing.

“This is our lords’ arena. Here you will do battle, and if your performance is pleasing, you will be rewarded.”

Suddenly, the party hears rustling nearby – or rather, all around them. One after another, dozens more Passimian appear from behind the foliage, completely surrounding the clearing, and all of them have their eyes locked on the three prisoners, who are now surrounded.

“We believe the little ones should be rewarded, so they may grow strong one day,” said the Shiftry, the amusement in his voice growing by the minute. “But only the strongest one is worthy of compensation!”

“And that is precisely the challenge we have chosen to entertain us: the Litwick and Seedot will fight against each other, and the last one standing will earn a prize,” the Oranguru clarified. “The Whimsicott will be the referee. That is our will.”

All eyes rest on the gang of three, to whom the rules of the game have been laid out. What now?


-----

Kyuu-Tales:

Getting a makeshift team of three to think as one is often a complicated task; diverging personalities and goals often pull members in opposite directions, especially when it comes to conflict – and this one is shaping up to be a demanding one. After all, the Kingler is not only considerably bigger than any of them, it also stands at a level of power no element of the trio can hope to match individually, none of them having yet reached evolution. And still, despite all of these setbacks, the team stands very much united in their decision. Even Seiza, the most level-headed of the group, seems to have reluctantly agreed to the majority vote, and as such, the team prepares to engage the Water-Type.
The defiance in the group’s eyes visibly surprises the boisterous Kingler, who perhaps had expected them to stand down or try to talk their way around the issue. And as such, confronted with such resolve, the only thing it could do… was burst out in laughter.

“Bwahahaha! You… you seriously want to go through with this?” asked the giant crab, incredulous. “Oh man, that… that is rich! You know, this reminds me of a story! So here’s the thing, there was this tropical island with a famous treasure hidden away, and a group of adventurers set out to find it! But get this, they suddenly run into the giant guarding the gate, and…”

Suddenly, the Kingler swings its mighty pincer in a sweeping side motion, and clobbers Baian so hard the seahorse is sent flying and tumbling across the sand, the brunt of the impact so strong that the Skrelp struggles to even maintain consciousness, let alone stand back up.

“… the End.”

Snapping its pincers, Kingler stares down the two other members of the team with a wide grin, taunting them into doing something foolish. Perhaps at their current level this is a challenge they cannot overcome… Should they turn to another area and return here in the future, or will they join forces to topple the gargantuan bully?
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #84
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,250
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Ironthunder: Flying on a Skarmory was never a fun time for anyone involved, Pokemon and human alike. A young Petilil sat atop the metallic bird's back, much rather wishing that they had taken a ferry. She made her distaste known, causing the Skarmory to explain that the flight was to save time, if they wanted to hunt treasure it would be much easier to do so with more time under their belt. As they disembarked, they realised that they would probably have to take the ferry home anyways, especially if they found something particularily heavy that they would have to carry back.

Actually, where was their third companion? It had been a while since they had seen her. She made her presence known almost instantly, as she spooked the small Petilil right off her feet, causing her to shout in anger. The Skarmory chuckled to herself before extending a wing and suggesting they begin their hunt for treasure. With her two companions in tow, the hunt was on, but little did they know they wouldn't actually have to look for long.

An odd looking Rattata ran alongside them, looking particularly worried about something. He kept glancing around and checking behind him before approaching the trio, he put a coy smile upon his face and began speaking. "Heeeey ladies~" He began, looking the trio over. "I have a little something here I was wondering if you could watch for me?" He asked, producing a golden leaf. He placed it down in front of them.

"Just for a little while, I promise!" He glanced around sheepishly again. "I just have some... things I need to attend to." He gave another coy smile, looking at the three Pokemon again.

Should they help the Rattata even though he seems a little shifty? What harm could come of it? What do they do?
Antics aside, the troublesome trio moved into the woods, on the lookout for anything peculiar or interesting. It didn't take long: An extremely suspicious Rattata ran over to them, clearly paranoid and suspicious of his being followed. He offered them a golden leaf to watch over while he did... things. Caeda was immediately suspicious, and Hope clearly didn't buy the story either. Looking among themselves, they decided to try and figure out what was going on with the mysterious and suspicious Rattata.

"All right,", said Caeda as she took the leaf. "We'll watch it for you." Meanwhile, Hope faded away and took to the shadows: Her intentions were to stalk the Rattata as he did his 'business' and to see what sort of scumbag he really was.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 07-02-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #85
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post

Deoxys:

As the group continue to peruse the graveyard Jinbe and Momonga find a Nevermeltice and a Leftovers amongst the supplies. Elsewhere Sucy finds herself eyeing a skull embedded in the ice. She tilts to the left to meet its eye sockets with her own. Then as she tilts back up right she finds that they are still lined up with her's. She begins to hover around in front of the ice, but try as she might she cannot break eye contact. Then the skull begins to speak, its words mirrored in the wind, it tone growing angrier by the word.

Iiiiiiii warned you toooo leaveee,..... yet... you continue to trample on these gravessss....

Crrrrrrkkkk!! Cccrrrkkkkk!!

The ice on the graves begin to crumble as the voice pauses.

Aaaassszzz a ghost yourselvvvvvfff.... one would think you'ddd have more respect for the DDDEEEAAADDDD!!!!

The ice falls away as the bones of the deceased humans and Pokémon form a hand the tightly grips down on Sucy. The remaining seventeen tombs crumble as their bones sound join to the hand creating a monstrous form. Momonga and Jinbe can only look in horror as what can only be described as macabre skeleton of a mermaid prepares to slam the Misdreavus into the icy ground beneath it.

"Hey, hey! Look what I found!" Jinbe said, lifting up a block of spiky ice. "This could come in handy!" He stated, resting it on his head like a crown. "I bet I look like some sort of ice king! Ha. I think I'll take this..."

Momonga frowned. Or, he would have, if he had had a mouth. He lifted a half-eaten apple into the air. "I found someone's leftover lunch... who knows how old this even is?" He said disappointedly. "I guess it probably is pretty rude of us to be rummaging through the belongings of the dead..." He sighed as he put the apple back where he found it.

"Aw come on, don't be that way Momo. No one is using this stuff anyway... unless these actually belong to another Ghost Pokemon..." Sucy replied. "I told you not to call me that!" The Duskull responded harshly, which was probably the most emotion he had shown in quite a while. Sucy snickered. "But it's adorable, just like you~" She giggled. The Duskull blushed - or he would have, if he had blood - and didn't respond, panicking and turning away.

"Iiiiiiii warned you toooo leaveee,..... yet... you continue to trample on these gravessss...."

Crrrrrrkkkk!! Cccrrrkkkkk!!

The ice on the graves begin to crumble as the voice pauses.

"Aaaassszzz a ghost yourselvvvvvfff.... one would think you'ddd have more respect for the DDDEEEAAADDDD!!!!"

"Ahh! What the hell!" Sucy yelped as the giant mixture of bones and decaying flesh gripped around her being, leaving her helpless.

"Sucy!" Momon and Jinbe cried out, turning toward the giant pile of bones that began to rise into the air with her in its grasp. The large hand began to fall back to the ground, preparing to smash Sucy with it. Leaving no time to waste, Jinbe immediately blasted the arm with a salty Brine. Sucy's eyes glowed as she clenched her teeth, the shadow underneath of her splitting off and circling around to the backside of the giant mermaid-shaped skeleton, intending to hit the monster with a Shadow Sneak. The Duskull panicked, unsure of what to do; He had never been in battle before, but he took a deep breath - or he would have, if he had had lungs - and used his first ever Night Shade on the enemy, hoping that, if it had eyes, he would be able to make it see some sort of mirage that would break its concentration.

"Let go of me, you jerk!" Sucy yelled.

Last edited by deoxys; 07-01-2017 at 11:57 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #86
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 122
Morningstar:

The Fairy Gem crumbled as Éclair wiped up a Fairy Wind, the specks of the gem dispersing to empower it. The sparkling gust wrapped around the trio and began to control their descent. However, despite it reducing their speed they were still falling at a disheartening rate. Éclair pulled Monte and Mille close and shut her eyes. Seconds passed as they continued to fall. Down. Down. Down. Then they hit, but instead of stopping they bounced up. Then another bounce, and then a third. Éclair opened her eye's to see that they were nestled in what seemed like a large white balloon.

"Humm? What the...? If those darn Espurrs are doing that again so help me I'll..." went the balloon which then proceeded to turn and dump Éclair and the gang out onto the floor beside it.

The ground was littered with scraps of berries and other plant and food items. As Éclair recovered from the previous ordeal, Monte was quick to greet the being behind her. She turned her gaze meeting that of an older looking Snorlax.

"So, did those Espurrs lead yah off the cliff or did you somehow do it by yer self?" it questioned slightly frustrated.

How does your group respond to the Snorlax? Maybe they could find something worth while in the mess of food if they are willing to rifle through the Snorlax's mess.


Deoxys:

Sucy partitioned her shadow in two swiftly sending the freed shade around behind. Her ears were met with a slight crunch as a small spray of bones flew from the back of the monster.

GWWAAAHAHA .... Yooollllll neeeeeddd tooo trrryyyy haaaardddderr than thatttt.....

The Skelemere deftly blocks the brine with its left arm. The salty water is dyed green as it sloughs rot and decay from it. The arm goes limp for a second, hitting the ground before it is drug to the side as the monster slitters towards Jinbe and Momonga. In unison the left arm bulldozes a wake of pebbles and dirt towards the duo peppering them while the right slams forwards damaging Sucy like she was in a rocky tomb. Momonga easily avoids the peppering and summons forth a small shade no larger than himself as the Skelemere lumbers closer.

HMMM Iiiillllll givvvveee you points for TRYING little oneeee......... Now let me show you whattt you COULD haveeee one dayyyy SUMMONED


The Skelemere is barely affected by the Night Shade, and inturn summons its own. As wave of shadows rises form beneath it patterned with red eyes, jagged mouths and swirls of purple. This washes over the duo, hitting them for equal damage and unnerving them both.

The Skelemere took few hits but shows no signs of releasing Sucy. It has a small crater on its back and its left arm looks noticeably slimmer than the right. Sucy took some damage from being slammed into the ground, while Jinbe was hit by the
Current Standing:
Skelemere: Unknown
Sucy: ~87%
Jinbe: ~85%
Momonga: ~85%
__________________

Last edited by Brave Saix; 07-02-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:26 AM   #87
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Deoxys:

Sucy partitioned her shadow in two swiftly sending the freed shade around behind. Her ears were met with a slight crunch as a small spray of bones flew from the back of the monster.

GWWAAAHAHA .... Yooollllll neeeeeddd tooo trrryyyy haaaardddderr than thatttt.....

The Skelemere deftly blocks the brine with its left arm. The salty water is dyed green as it sloughs rot and decay from it. The arm goes limp for a second, hitting the ground before it is drug to the side as the monster slitters towards Jinbe and Momonga. In unison the left arm bulldozes a wake of pebbles and dirt towards the duo peppering them while the right slams forwards damaging Sucy like she was in a rocky tomb. Momonga easily avoids the peppering and summons forth a small shade no larger than himself as the Skelemere lumbers closer.

HMMM Iiiillllll givvvveee you points for TRYING little oneeee......... Now let me show you whattt you COULD haveeee one dayyyy SUMMONED


The Skelemere is barely affected by the Night Shade, and inturn summons its own. As wave of shadows rises form beneath it patterned with red eyes, jagged mouths and swirls of purple. This washes over the duo, hitting them for equal damage and unnerving them both.

The Skelemere took few hits but shows no signs of releasing Sucy. It has a small crater on its back and its left arm looks noticeably slimmer than the right. Sucy took some damage from being slammed into the ground, while Jinbe was hit by the
Current Standing:
Skelemere: Unknown
Sucy: ~87%
Jinbe: ~85%
Momonga: ~85%

Momon recoiled from the bulldoze - except, he managed to avoid it, thanks to his ability to Levitate. "Oh, right..." he thought. Unfortunately, his attempt to attack the monster ended in failure. The Night Shade did next to nothing, while the giant monster managed to return the favor at least tenfold. Duskull wasn't entirely surprised, though, as the young Ghost-type had zero battle experience. He felt fairly useless, but that didn't stop him from wanting to do something. And then he remembered: "The mast!"

The Duskull zipped through the air and over to the ground a few yards away to where they had caught the Spheal. The old ship mast they had used to catch the seal Pokemon was still there. Duskull grabbed an edge - it was heavy, but he managed to drag it back to the fight despite the fact.

"My Brine... I think it did something! The arm has thinned out!" The Spheal thought aloud. "That means... I should be able to..." The Spheal inhaled a large portion of air and puffed himself outward. Momonga flew back into the fight with the ship's mast in tow, and spun around the skeleton giant, draping the cloth over its upper arms and encircling the creature until he ran out of cloth to hold.

"Now, Jinbe!"

The Spheal unleashed a mighty Brine once more at the enemy, this time aiming directly at the cloth mast that had been wrapped around it, soaking the giant with salty water. As the Spheal deflated, the water slowly shifted from a Brine to a Powder Snow, aiming the snowy air it bellowed out directly at the monster's soaked bindings in hopes of freezing it solid, his newly found 'crown' amplifying the Powder Snow's strength.

Sucy struggled in the grip of the giant creature, unable to do much. Her eyes glowed once more as she struggled in its grasp, unmoving. She could usually shift through solid objects, but the creature's grasp must have inferred that it was indeed a Ghost-type, at least, that's what Sucy thought. She stopped struggling and relaxed herself, knowing that she was not going to escape that way. "If that's how you want to play, then so be it," she said calmly. Her eyes glowed once more, and the shadow beneath them split off as she controlled it - this time shooting outward and making a U-turn directly for the front of the monster. "How about a Shadow Sneak to the face, asshole?" Sucy shouted.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:09 AM   #88
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 122
As the Duskull flew to retrieve the tattered mast sail, Sucy readied another bout of her Shadow Sneak. This time she flung it towards the face of the Skelemere. The low angle of the impact jarred the beast upwards, destroying most of its jaw and the lower rim of an eye socket. As it settled back down from the impact the voice in the wind spoke to Sucy.

"GGWWWAHA!! With such daaaastardly.... moves one migggghhht thinnnnk you'rreee a Daaaarrrrk-type...."

Then it raised the arm holding Sucy before swinging it at Jinbe as it loosed it's frustration. The impact of the fist sent Jinbe rolling backwards a few yard and crunched the hand around Sucy subjecting her to another round of Rock tomb like damage.

Momonga finally returned with the sail, latching it onto some jagged bones created by the first Shadow Sneak before circling the Skelemere. The cloth bound tightly around it as Jinbe recovered enough to launch another Brine soaking the sail. He then proceeded to switch to an empowered Snow Powder that froze the sail solid, overcoming the salt content that would likely prevent freezing otherwise.

The ice covered much of the Skelemere's upper torso but left it enough mobility to reach up and rip most of the ice loose. This however ripped more bones from the left arm and some from the torso.

"TTTHHHAATzzz ITTTT!!!!!" The wind spoke as it Ominously shifted towards to blow from the beast towards Jinbe. Off to the side Momonga was able to easily avoid the purple gusts, while Sucy took a glancing blow and Jinbe a full hit.

Current Standings:
Skelemere: Left arm heavily damaged. Torso moderately damaged. Right shoulder: Covered in ice.
Sucy: ~60%
Jinbe: ~65%
Momonga: ~85%
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 AM   #89
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
As the Duskull flew to retrieve the tattered mast sail, Sucy readied another bout of her Shadow Sneak. This time she flung it towards the face of the Skelemere. The low angle of the impact jarred the beast upwards, destroying most of its jaw and the lower rim of an eye socket. As it settled back down from the impact the voice in the wind spoke to Sucy.

"GGWWWAHA!! With such daaaastardly.... moves one migggghhht thinnnnk you'rreee a Daaaarrrrk-type...."

Then it raised the arm holding Sucy before swinging it at Jinbe as it loosed it's frustration. The impact of the fist sent Jinbe rolling backwards a few yard and crunched the hand around Sucy subjecting her to another round of Rock tomb like damage.

Momonga finally returned with the sail, latching it onto some jagged bones created by the first Shadow Sneak before circling the Skelemere. The cloth bound tightly around it as Jinbe recovered enough to launch another Brine soaking the sail. He then proceeded to switch to an empowered Snow Powder that froze the sail solid, overcoming the salt content that would likely prevent freezing otherwise.

The ice covered much of the Skelemere's upper torso but left it enough mobility to reach up and rip most of the ice loose. This however ripped more bones from the left arm and some from the torso.

"TTTHHHAATzzz ITTTT!!!!!" The wind spoke as it Ominously shifted towards to blow from the beast towards Jinbe. Off to the side Momonga was able to easily avoid the purple gusts, while Sucy took a glancing blow and Jinbe a full hit.

Current Standings:
Skelemere: Left arm heavily damaged. Torso moderately damaged. Right shoulder: Covered in ice.
Sucy: ~60%
Jinbe: ~65%
Momonga: ~85%
"You know, you're one tough cookie! And hell... I really respect that!" The Misdreavus said loud enough for the monster to hear, switching to her serious mode. Her eye caught the iced covered joint of the upper shoulder as Skelemere flailed about with her in its grasp. "But you are really starting to piss me off."

Sucy's eyes glowed once more as she prepared another Shadow Sneak, this time letting the shadows slowly pool off of the monster's own and slowly collect, converging bit by bit into a steadily growing shadow.

Jinbe collected his thoughts and took a moment to breathe as he figured out what the Misdreavus was trying to do. With another large gasp of air, the Spheal let loose another Brine directly at the left arm, making sure to trace his attack up the length of the arm and all the way to the shoulder. Even if he wasn't able to fully destroy it - and he was pretty sure he would - it would be damaged enough that there was no way it could continue to be a combat threat. Attacking any further with it would surely destroy the arm - either way, he knew it wasn't surviving much longer.

Momonga wasn't really sure of himself. He felt useless once more as he sat and watched Jinbe attack - even Sucy, who was in the grasp of the monster, unable to move, was able to fight. Suddenly, he had an idea. "Maybe I actually could have some effect on this thing if I'm more strategic about it. It obviously does nothing if I try to attack it like normal, but..." The Duskull zoomed up directly next to the side of Skelemere's head. "I might be little, yeah - but that doesn't mean I can't try anyway!" The Duskull lifted his arms outward and focused on the monster in hopes that the attack would manifest inside of its head. "What's that saying? 'It's what's inside that counts', right? Well this is your brain on Night Shade!"

Sucy looked at her shadow. "Perfect," she remarked in an exhausted voice. The shade had grown to its largest size yet, but Suzy was beginning to feel a bit weak from the onslaught of attacks as well as her focus on getting this attack just right. "Now then, time's up, let's do this!" The large Shadow Sneak shot towards Skelemere - if this worked out as the Misdreavus had planned it, it would slide up the skeleton beast's side and sever the arm right at the shoulder joint that Jinbe had managed to freeze earlier - and Sucy would finally be freed from its grasp.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #90
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Maskerade- The tense relationship between Munchlax and Staryu continued as both reacted differently to the request of the Gastrodons. While the strange Staryu seemed delighted at the prospect, its jewel-like heart began to flash with what one would consider joy. Munchlax on the other hand saw little to no benefit in undertaking such a task. There was no food on offer, sure there was the off chance that the reward could be something edible but it seemed unlikely. The task would surely be beneath him, deliver food to others? He was raised by the Champion Gottfried, being a delivery boy for a pair of lazy slugs was far from what he expected to be doing on this trip. Despite his discontent, he had been sent with a task and he needed to fulfill it, so he inquired as to what the Gastrodon expected them to do.

"Well you see we may have made a couple of enemies", replies the blue Gastrodon. "We may have sold some damaged goods to a pair of shady looking Lombre and they didn't take to kindly to it", adds the pink Gastrodon. Pieces were starting to come together, the Gastrodon had made enemies and they weren't able to get passed them, obviously at the mercy of the Grass typed Lombres. "They know we have this big delivery to make so they have been hanging out at the entrance to the hot springs for us, we can't get through!" Both Gastrodon slump down, obviously upset about their mistake. "Here", pleads the blue Gastrodon as it places a large parcel on the counter, "take this to the hot springs and we will reward you for your help. Hopefully the Lombre will look the other way and you will be able to deliver the package to the family of Quagsire who are expecting it." Both Gastrodon smile happily at you, hoping you can help them with their situation.


Chiko- It is Menma who agrees to offer the Bagon aid, much to the little dragons pleasure. It tottered around the ground, still somewhat dizzy from the brutal impact. Eventually it spots what it is looking for, a pile of boulders, most of which are slightly bigger than itself. "Great now we just need to set up. You, Swablu, what is your name again?" The Bagon points Kotori, who quickly replies with her name, blushing a little after being singled out. "You're going to have to carry me up but considering how heavy I am compared to you and the strong winds coming down the gorge, I think you're going to struggle. Best bet is you take me up portions at a time, drop me on a ledge, catch your breath than we go again, got it?"

Kotori had a role, but what about Sol and Menma? They couldn't really help fly the Bagon to the top of the gorge, were they just to be spectators? Luckily the Bagon soon expresses his plans for them. "You two will be responsible for the ground work. I need you to move boulders into position so I have something to crash through when I come down. On top of that I need you to direct me before I jump and while I am falling, between the height and the wind it is often hard for me to hit my mark." The Bagon seems pleased to have a team to help him with his training, as if he thinks that jumping from the gorge would eventually help him learn to fly.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #91
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kawaiiconcept:

The group of Passimian are quick to strike an offensive pose at Cerno’s threats, whose bravery bordering on foolishness likely hasn’t allowed him to do simple math: the team is outnumbered 4 to 3, and fighting in the enemy’s preferred terrain. Fortunately, both younger teammates seem to be more level-headed in their approach, Spiritus adopting a pacifist role and Tengu an expectant one, but neither looking to openly engage their assailants.

“Foolish Whimsicott,” replies the largest Passimian, its expression shifting ever-so-slightly from one of unfeeling professionalism to mild annoyance, conveyed only by a slight frown, “do as I say and your questions will be answered. Fight us and your questions die with you.”

The four apes surround the party and force them to move along, like three criminals captured by the authorities. Cerno is visibly about to burst and start a battle he can’t win, but neither the Litwick nor the Seedot seem inclined to follow him in the endeavour, so for now, they follow the Passimian’s instructions.
The whole while of trekking through the forest is uneventful, the guards not seemingly interested in causing trouble as long as the party behaves. Indeed, it seems they are mostly professionals following orders to the letter and not just a bunch of troublemakers.

At long last, the path opens up in a very large circular clearing, devoid of trees and covered in lush green grass. At the very center of the area are two thrones made of wood, and upon each sits a large Pokémon: to the right an Oranguru, and to the left a Shiftry. In front of each of them is a small box made of wrapped leaves.

“Oho… so you are our trespassers,” spoke the Oranguru with a low-pitched, lazy tone. “Or should I say, our captives?”

“We knoew you came in search of treasures,” continued the Shiftry in an amused voice,” and you’re not the first. However, this is our territory. But we are benevolent! We will give you the compensation you want…

“… if you entertain us,” concluded the Oranguru with a yawn.

As if on cue, the Passimian who escorted you took a step forward and made an encompassing gesture towards the clearing.

“This is our lords’ arena. Here you will do battle, and if your performance is pleasing, you will be rewarded.”

Suddenly, the party hears rustling nearby – or rather, all around them. One after another, dozens more Passimian appear from behind the foliage, completely surrounding the clearing, and all of them have their eyes locked on the three prisoners, who are now surrounded.

“We believe the little ones should be rewarded, so they may grow strong one day,” said the Shiftry, the amusement in his voice growing by the minute. “But only the strongest one is worthy of compensation!”

“And that is precisely the challenge we have chosen to entertain us: the Litwick and Seedot will fight against each other, and the last one standing will earn a prize,” the Oranguru clarified. “The Whimsicott will be the referee. That is our will.”

All eyes rest on the gang of three, to whom the rules of the game have been laid out. What now?


Spiritus looked prepared at the suggestion. He was all for a good fight at long as his companions didn't get hurt. The litwick was supposing that this was the case and it was all in good fun. He trotted forward and bowed to his opponent.
Meanwhile Tengu was mentally preparing himself for the battle. He would try not to hurt his friend too badly. The Seedot was worried that the darkness of fighting would overtake him, that the darkness of his missing soul would blind him and cause him to hurt his friend. The grass type knew that Cerno would try to keep an eye on things, but what if he hurt his Whimsicott friend too? Tengu shook his whole body to clear his thoughts and walked forward and bowed back to his opponent,as much as a seedot could be said to bow, he hopped all would go well.
Cerno hovered between his two friends, he would do his best to make sure the fight was fair. There seemed to be a distinct type disadvantage, but the fight could go in any possible direction. The whimsicott clapped loudly "Alright everyone! Fight fair and tap out if you need it. On my mark." he raised a hand "And fight!"
Spiritus went first, he let out a blanket of SMOG to prevent the Seedot from getting any hits. Then he conjoured up a circle of FIRE that SPUN around his opponent inflicting pain.
Meanwhile Tengu seemed to be BIDEing his time to attack.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #92
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Morningstar:

The Fairy Gem crumbled as Éclair wiped up a Fairy Wind, the specks of the gem dispersing to empower it. The sparkling gust wrapped around the trio and began to control their descent. However, despite it reducing their speed they were still falling at a disheartening rate. Éclair pulled Monte and Mille close and shut her eyes. Seconds passed as they continued to fall. Down. Down. Down. Then they hit, but instead of stopping they bounced up. Then another bounce, and then a third. Éclair opened her eye's to see that they were nestled in what seemed like a large white balloon.

"Humm? What the...? If those darn Espurrs are doing that again so help me I'll..." went the balloon which then proceeded to turn and dump Éclair and the gang out onto the floor beside it.

The ground was littered with scraps of berries and other plant and food items. As Éclair recovered from the previous ordeal, Monte was quick to greet the being behind her. She turned her gaze meeting that of an older looking Snorlax.

"So, did those Espurrs lead yah off the cliff or did you somehow do it by yer self?" it questioned slightly frustrated.

How does your group respond to the Snorlax? Maybe they could find something worth while in the mess of food if they are willing to rifle through the Snorlax's mess.

Athena’s Pokemon took a moment to collect themselves after their strange landing. Eclair was relieved they were safe, but furious they had gotten into the situation in the first place. How did she not realize they were being led straight into a trap? If she saw those twin Espurr again, she would definitely teach them a lesson with an Iron Head right in their stupid faces. The Snorlax’s question distracted her from her fuming, but set her off.

“None of your business!” She snapped. Monte and Mille looked surprised at her outburst. “Sorry…and sorry about landing on you, sir.” She looked down at her hands, pink dust still glittered from the shattered Fairy Gem. Athena would’ve liked that…She thought with a sigh.

“Let’s do that again!” Monte shouted as he tried to climb onto the Snorlax once more. Eclair let him. The fact that he was as lively as ever meant that her Fairy attack didn’t hurt the Fighting and Dark type. His legs wiggled wildly as he tried to climb up the Snorlax’s foot and on to its stomach to use it as a trampoline once more.

“If you don’t mind, could you tell us how to get back to Starlight Summit? We’re supposed to be treasure hunting here.” The Mawile asked, hoping that the Snorlax wasn’t too offended by the rude awakening. Mille’s nose twitched, noticing the large pile of berries and food by the Snorlax. While the Snorlax was distracted with Eclair’s question, she entered the pile. The Stufful passed by the common berries, most of which half eaten already. She was hoping to find something a bit more interesting.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #93
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kyuu-Tales:

Getting a makeshift team of three to think as one is often a complicated task; diverging personalities and goals often pull members in opposite directions, especially when it comes to conflict – and this one is shaping up to be a demanding one. After all, the Kingler is not only considerably bigger than any of them, it also stands at a level of power no element of the trio can hope to match individually, none of them having yet reached evolution. And still, despite all of these setbacks, the team stands very much united in their decision. Even Seiza, the most level-headed of the group, seems to have reluctantly agreed to the majority vote, and as such, the team prepares to engage the Water-Type.
The defiance in the group’s eyes visibly surprises the boisterous Kingler, who perhaps had expected them to stand down or try to talk their way around the issue. And as such, confronted with such resolve, the only thing it could do… was burst out in laughter.

“Bwahahaha! You… you seriously want to go through with this?” asked the giant crab, incredulous. “Oh man, that… that is rich! You know, this reminds me of a story! So here’s the thing, there was this tropical island with a famous treasure hidden away, and a group of adventurers set out to find it! But get this, they suddenly run into the giant guarding the gate, and…”

Suddenly, the Kingler swings its mighty pincer in a sweeping side motion, and clobbers Baian so hard the seahorse is sent flying and tumbling across the sand, the brunt of the impact so strong that the Skrelp struggles to even maintain consciousness, let alone stand back up.

“… the End.”

Snapping its pincers, Kingler stares down the two other members of the team with a wide grin, taunting them into doing something foolish. Perhaps at their current level this is a challenge they cannot overcome… Should they turn to another area and return here in the future, or will they join forces to topple the gargantuan bully?
Seiza vibrated erratically, nervously shifting his front pane between his companions. "Aiolia, please let us retreat while we still can," the Psychic type broadcast to its closer ally. "Baian is hurt, and mistress Seiko would be most upset if we returned empty-handed."

"We mustn't give up," Aiolia growled.

"Okay, you got us big guy," came Baian's disgruntled, raspy voice from a way's off yonder. He struggled to right himself amid the sand dunes before continuing. "We're... no match for you. We'll be on our way."

Aiolia's ears perked and tail fell at the leader's words. "Huh?" Seiza seized the opportunity to shove the cub away from the crimson-clawed goliath. The discus was thankfully met with little resistance as they neared the Mock Kelp Pokemon's still-prone form.

Baian's brow creased as his companions settled beside him. "Let that self-satisfied oaf have his way," he began, indicating
the none-too-distant crags of ice further north with a flick of his fin. "We can salvage this hunt yet."

"Are you alright to continue?" Seiza bobbed nervously.

Baian nodded, wriggling his tail fin. "I've lived through worse. Come on, we'll accomplish nothing sitting around like this."
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #94
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Yuki:

Kanna listens to the Chansey's request, and contemplates on the possibility. While she herself wasn't one for fashion, she knew her friend Minchi would be more than happy to get a new accessory or two. Looking towards Kief, Kanna saw that the Zigzagoon was trying to steal from the hardworking Meowths. Giving him a stern glare, the Zigzagoon slowly slinked back towards Kanna and Yufi before agreeing with the Furret. With all that done with, the Chansey gave a happy smile and asked the group to follow her.

"The docks are just this way, so please follow me!" the Chansey chimed at her fellow friends and travelers, who simply nodded and followed the blob down the the docks.

The docks themselves were bustling with activity, various market stalls selling berries or freshly caught lesser fish for Pokemon to buy or barter. A few wandering merchants tried to haggle the group, but a stern glare from the Chansey was more than enough to chase them away to the more darker recesses of the market.

Soon enough the group reaches the textile ship, only to see a panicked Lopunny looking around. The Pokemon seemed to be a bit frantic, and perked up a bit when the group arrived.

"Oh Chansey! I'm sorry but I have terrible news! Some Caterpie managed to get into the cargo hold and are now eating the textiles. I've sent some of the crew to go find help but they haven't come back yet. Do you think you could assist?" the rabbit asked the joyous Pokemon, who shrugged her head in response.

"Sorry Lopunny, I don't think I can help out here. I only know Strength for offensive moves, and that's to lift these boxes to the shop. Oh, I know. These three said they'd help me deliver the materials since I was running late today. Would you guys mind helping out with this bug infestation?" Chansey asked Kanna, Yufi, and Kana.

What do the trio do?
Following the blob down to the docks, the scent of fresh fruit and seafood grew stronger, surrounding them in an aggressively pungent aroma. Merchants once again menaced the group, but a sharp glare from their guide shooed them off. (Kief also again seemed interested in "procuring" some of the wares, but Kanna kept a stern eye on him as well.)

Upon reaching the textile ship, they found in front a rather frantic Lopunny flailing about in a panic.

"Oh Chansey! I'm sorry but I have terrible news! Some Caterpie managed to get into the cargo hold and are now eating the textiles. I've sent some of the crew to go find help but they haven't come back yet. Do you think you could assist?"

The pink Pokémon shook her head.

"Sorry Lopunny, I don't think I can help out here. I only know STRENGTH for offensive moves, and that's to lift these boxes to the shop. Oh, I know. These three said they'd help me deliver the materials since I was running late today. Would you guys mind helping out with this bug infestation?"

As Chansey turned hopefully to her charges, Kanna blushed and balked a bit, still not one for violent methods (or dealing with creepy crawly things for that matter).

"Er, I'm not really good at battling..."

She mumbled meekly as she hung her head, poking her paws together in apology for feeling so useless in this situation. Kief brightened as an idea occurred to him however, and he nudged the Furret to remind her of a special skill she did possess.

"Eh? I couldn't use that... W- what if it doesn't work...?"

Yufi yipped encouragingly beside, patting her with a positive paw as well. Kanna smiled weakly at the support.

"Well... I suppose I could give it a try... I might need your guys' help to convince them though..."

Taking a deep breath, she declared:

"If all three of us put our CHARMs together, and ask them very nicely... I... may be able to get them to FOLLOW ME off the ship."

Her two comrades nodded readily in agreement to the plan, both prepared to lend their nervous leader a HELPING HAND if necessary to boost her spirit, acting as backup should she lose courage at any point (and activate their best BABY-DOLL EYES at the right moment for maximum magnetic effect).
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #95
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

TheKnightsFury: The Lairon's prize had been exactly what you were hoping for, finally an item that would allow you to reach your full potential and grow stronger. It was ideal, Spartacus could hardly contain his excitement --- much to the dismay of Boudicca. She was frustrated that they had not gone with her choice, frustrated that the fruits of all their labours had only gotten them a hunk of metal. She huffed angrily, letting his distaste ring out clearly and loudly. Spartacus became increasingly frustrated at this point... did she not realise how precious what they had found was? Why was she acting so petty about the whole ordeal? Spartacus was finding it extremely difficult to maintain his anger, lashing out at his teammate for behaving the way she was.

Upon explaining what they had actually found, Boudicca was extremely apologetic. Apologising for not fully understanding what they had actually found, she said she was sorry for her behaviour and the trio took a few brief moments to clear their heads. Perhaps it was worth looking around the crater for a little bit longer? Who knew what they would actually come across, besides, the more rewards they were able to bring back to their trainer the better, right? Spartacus began to lead the trio again, ready to set out on another trek in search of some fantastic object or treasure... but he was cut short by something. As he was rising up, his eyes were immediately drawn to something shiny in the distance --- it was golden, spherical, and a shining light in the otherwise dim cave.

Upon making their way towards it, they noticed a group of Shinx playing with the object --- it was similar to a ball after all. They batted it around, playing a game of makeshift soccer as they laughed and giggled at one another. They seemingly had not noticed your trio arrive yet, continuing with their game.

It's possibly that what they're playing with might be something of value, what do you do?
The group began to search once more, albeit more silently as all of them were a little more withdrawn following their fight. It didn't take long for Spartacus to spot something in the distance, a bright shining object, likely something of value that Jayson would appreciate having. The group made their way towards the object, entering a dim cave to find a group of Shinx playing with the item. They seemed to be enjoying themselves, it would be rude for them to just interject and take the item.

"What do you think we do girls?" Spartacus asks for Boudicca's and Khutulun's opinion, wary that a good leader should be looking for the opinions of others. The Mudbray had no idea how to approach the situation, the Sentret on the other hand seemed to have an idea.

"What if we offer to play with them?" Khutulun suggests that instead of taking the item, they could play with the Shinx. "If we propose some sort of game we could say the winner gets the item, I'm sure we could beat them and have a little fun at the same time."

"That's is a great idea Khutulun", complements Spartacus, "I watched this game called Soccer before with Jayson, he didn't seem to like it but it looked like fun to me. Let's see if the Shinx would like to play shall we?" Spartacus lands and continues on foot, leading the other two Pokemon towards the Shinx. "Hello there, that is a special looking ball you have there, perhaps you would be interested in playing a game for it?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #96
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Connor:

Cain, as a name chosen by Sweeney, is perhaps a flawed mirror of Gligar’s true personality – the farthest thing from a fratricidal creature, he comes across mostly as playful and maybe a little childish. His friend Julia, small for now but harnessing monstrous destructive potential in her young cells, happily plays along with the winged scorpion in an environment that perfectly suits both of them – unlike their other, ironically more down-to-earth companion, the Solosis named Sophie whose liquid constitution was most definitely not made for this kind of weather.

As the trio progresses, Cain and Julia considerably farther ahead in their race without a finish line, the sun shines mercilessly on the sand, creating a burning golden sea that most Pokémon would be unable to tolerate. The beach was now far behind them, and the mountain ahead was days away on foot – a testament to the desert’s length and the reason so few lifeforms could be seen roaming it. Continued exposure to this kind of environment will surely pose a threat to any ill-adapted creature, a concern that doesn’t affect either Cain or Julia, but that Sophie cannot simply ignore. If only for that, the sooner the trio finds worthwhile loot, the better.

Suddenly, the ground begins to rumble. Not an uncommon occurrence in the aptly named Dancing Desert, but this tremor feels somehow different. More prolonged, and in clear crescendo… In a split second, the sand beneath Cain and Julia’s feet starts to swirl, faster and faster, quickly evolving into a full-blown whirlpool that sucks both Pokémon into the center – not even Cain could pick up wind fast enough to take flight and escape the predicament, and as a result, both the Gligar and Larvitar become buried neck-deep once the phenomenon subsides. Sophie, meanwhile, is unaffected as a Levitator, but she too is powerless to stop the raging sands with her underdeveloped Psychic powers.

“How rude!”

A strange, high-pitched voice is suddenly heard. Then, something emerges from the depths of the desert, digging its way out and revealing itself right next to the half-buried Cain and Julia: a frowning male Hippopotas!

“No respect whatsoever! Do you have any idea how long it took me to even out the terrain? It was perfectly horizontal, at last! A glorious, flawlessly-levelled golden field! One month! I finished yesterday, not a grain of sand out of place, finished well before the next storm messes everything up again – but that’s not due for another week! Seven days of perfection, that was my reward – but you two destroyed all of my work!”

The Hippopotas goes on a tangent as long as its breath allows, visibly angry at the disturbance caused by the playful duo. This one is clearly obsessed – but this region, the “Dancing Desert”, might just be the worst place in the world to nurture such a quirk. Ever-changing, sandstorms kicking up every now and then, it seems like a virtually impossible task to keep the golden mantle unblemished for any amount of time.

“Why are you even here, tainting my beautiful canvas with your uneven, asymmetrical footsteps? The beach is the other way around! There is nothing out here for you, just sand and heat and a whole lot of nothing else! So, here’s the question: are you ready to make it up to me?”
As the rather irate Hippopotas surfaces, Cain looks bewildered, the Gligar staring straight at the belligerent Ground type with his tongue still protruding from his mouth. As he makes to retort in some fashion, Julia and Sophie immediately move to stop him. Sophie looses a sharp blast of Psywave, the Psychic type managing to strike Cain in the back. This leaves him stumbling forwards, his balance completely shot, and a quick jab from Julia's horn sends him fully tumbling into the sand face first, quickly shutting off whatever remark he was about to shoot back - no question one which would only worsen the situation. Julia, not particularly suited to handling such matters, turns immediately to Sophie, indicating for the Solosis to begin peace proceedings while she kept Cain occupied. Sophie rolls her eyes at this, but hovers forwards through the air all the same. No matter how this little foray turned out, she had been ready from the beginning to essentially be babysitting for the troublesome duo - they had only been selected for the excursion on account of their suitability to the environment.

"We're dreadfully sorry for the inconvenience caused. We were hoping to find items of some sort - we were led to believe they would be plentiful enough in this area. However, we hadn't intended on disturbing you. Whatever we can do to amend the situation, we'll be willing to assist."

At this, Cain sits bolt upright, the Gligar looking to bite back once more - but a second quick jab from Julia's horn puts a stop to that.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:45 AM   #97
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
While the battered Eevee sat there quivering, the forest grew eerily quiet. The noise Lynxa had heard before ceased and the breeze blowing through the clearing died down. It was almost as if the group of Pokemon were frozen in time. “Well that can’t be good,” Thorn scoffed, trying to make light of the situation. “Now we’ve just got to wait for whatever’s lurking in the forest to come out and say hi, right? What’s the worst that can happen?”

Right on cue, the trees on either side of them suddenly lit up, a small ember that quickly grew into a full blaze. As the clearing began to fill with smoke and ash, Lynxa rolled her eyes. “Well, that could happen.” Buru nervously bit her lip, trying her best to protect the shaking Eevee. “We’re surrounded,” she whispered, pointing out the obvious.

Thorn sighed, recognizing that this situation wasn’t something he could laugh off anymore. “Between a rock and a hard place, huh? I guess I’ll just have to make this ‘hard place’ our line of defense!” The Cacturne prepared himself to lay down another layer of Spikes to trap whoever might ambush them. He then planned to Grow a bit in order to power himself up and then hit whoever comes out of the shadows with a Leech Seed. If they went after the younger Pokemon, he would protect them with a Spiky Shield instead.

Lynxa knew that she wasn’t quite as experienced in battle as her newfound partners, but she put up a brave front regardless. She wasn’t planning on backing down here, and she didn’t want to be a hindrance either. “Why don’t you come out and show yourselves, ya damn cowards!” she Taunted. The Sneasel watched as Thorn prepared for the incoming attack, hoping to possibly Leer at whatever came out and catch it off guard.

Buru was the most nervous of the three, trying to act brave in front of the Eevee to reassure it, but she was struggling. She then thought back to her training with Gary, as he often told her that her mind was her greatest weapon. This seemed to put her at ease a little bit, and the Smeargle began to Calm her Mind in preparation. She then decided that she would put up a Reflective barrier to protect the group and Teleport out of the way if she were targeted.
With little desire to be collectively caught with their pants down, the ragtag trio bolsters their line of defenses. Thorn lays down another mass of sharp, spiky balls on the forest floor around his team as Buru slips into a more peaceful state in hopes of fortifying herself and focusing on the task at hand. Despite the raging inferno burning hotter and hotter around them, the team seems cool and collected, prepared to face their attackers as best they can be.

Well, except for Lynxa, who decides to start goading the pack into attacking her. One of the dumber predators decides to burst out into the clearing from the woods in outrage, flames foaming at the mouth, only to yelp in pain as it steps directly on a layer of spikes. The now-revealed canine's devil-tipped tail thrashes about as the beast tries to yank the offending objects out of its sensitive paws, completely distracted from the prey in front of him. For a moment, it seems as if the crafty weasel's strategy was a total success, as she stares the wounded dog down fiercely.

Unfortunately for Lynxa, not all of the Houndoom were nearly as dumb or rash as the first.

A massive torrent of flames rips from the shadows through the clearing directly towards the Sneasel. Quick to react, Thorn darts in front of Lynxa and forms a luminous, spiky barrier of grass energy in front of him in hopes of keeping the flames at bay, as Buru conjures up a golden forcefield around her team; not that it is particularly effective at mitigating the flames battering Cacturne's shield, but a little extra insurance never hurt.

After a few moments the first blast of fire dies down, only for a second to replace it soon after, further battering Thorn's protection. The grass type grits his teeth in exertion as he struggles to force the second attack away from himself and his companion, barely managing to divert it. The snarls from before grow louder, as flaming tree branches begin to start falling into the clearing. The fire was spreading, and fast. Buru, ever the caring one, glances back at the injured Eevee from before. The wounded fox seemed to be attempting to crawl through one of the only remaining escape routes left, but didn't look to be getting anywhere fast. At this rate, it would likely end up burning alive trying to escape. What will your team do?
__________________


PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.

Last edited by Altocharizard55; 07-08-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #98
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: to the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Chiko- It is Menma who agrees to offer the Bagon aid, much to the little dragons pleasure. It tottered around the ground, still somewhat dizzy from the brutal impact. Eventually it spots what it is looking for, a pile of boulders, most of which are slightly bigger than itself. "Great now we just need to set up. You, Swablu, what is your name again?" The Bagon points Kotori, who quickly replies with her name, blushing a little after being singled out. "You're going to have to carry me up but considering how heavy I am compared to you and the strong winds coming down the gorge, I think you're going to struggle. Best bet is you take me up portions at a time, drop me on a ledge, catch your breath than we go again, got it?"

Kotori had a role, but what about Sol and Menma? They couldn't really help fly the Bagon to the top of the gorge, were they just to be spectators? Luckily the Bagon soon expresses his plans for them. "You two will be responsible for the ground work. I need you to move boulders into position so I have something to crash through when I come down. On top of that I need you to direct me before I jump and while I am falling, between the height and the wind it is often hard for me to hit my mark." The Bagon seems pleased to have a team to help him with his training, as if he thinks that jumping from the gorge would eventually help him learn to fly.
After Menma accepted the request for the group, possibly rushing forwards a bit, the Bagon got to work with giving out orders and what they would need from everyone. The Bagon started by singling out Kotori, asking for her name and then asking if Kotori could carry it all the way back up to the top - also giving advice about how to best do so given their weight difference and the affect that the wind would have on her ability to get back to the top of the gorge - which was admittedly a fair flight. Shortly after giving orders to Kotori, the Bagon turned to Menma and Sol to give them their orders, which were to arrange boulders for the Bagon to crash into and help guide the Bagon down to the boulders and against the winds - which seemed to be capable of extremely high winds.

After the Bagon finished with its talking, everybody got to work, Kotori starting off by lifting up the Bagon with a tough task ahead of her. Kotori flew up against the winds, landing every now and then to regain her strength as well as waiting for moments where the wind was slightly weaker and allowed better movement. Meanwhile down at the base of the gorge, Menma and Sol were busying helping each other with pushing boulders into position while playing rock-paper-scissors every now and again. The boulders soon became plentiful with a wide variety of ones with different heights and shapes for the Bagon to crash into - timed correctly with the Bagon and Kotori reaching the top.

"We're ready down here whenever you are!" Sol shouted out, making it known that he was chosen as the one to direct the Bagon.
__________________
PASBL
TL4/B Ref
WF Updater
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:45 AM   #99
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 288
Kawaiiconcept:

As it turns out, the decision to fight a comrade comes surprisingly easily both to Spiritus and Tengu. It is certainly an unusual sight to see – two Pokemon belonging to the same Trainer having no wualms about hurting one another, especially on behalf of strangers, but then again, the coercion here is undeniable. Tengu seems the most realist of the two, as well as the most level-headed, whereas Spiritus seems to regard the whole thing more like a game than an actual fight.

Spiritus begins by letting loose a cloud of venomous smog, obstructing the field of view, before summoning a spiral of flames to surround his Grass-Type friend, who opts not to mount an offensive of his own right now, allowing the embers to burn him away. Clearly amused at the sight of two companions fighting solely for their entertainment, the Oranguru and Shiftry watch the conflict with great interest and finally decide to up the ante.

“The promise of reward is stronger than your sense of friendship, I see,” says the Psychic-Type Lord. “Let us make things even more interesting, in that case.”

“The Seedot will be my Champion, and the Litwick will be yours,” Shiftry proposes to Oranguru, who nods with visible joy. “Listen closely you two! The one to knock out his foe will be the only one to earn his Lord’s reward!”

“So you better work hard for it, you hear? Put your soul into it,” concludes Oranguru.

Cerno, the judge in this contest and protector of the younger two, keeps watching the battle in silent apprehension. Will the two combatants do as they’re told?

-----

Meetan:

The trio make their way along the Rainforest, their goal as clear as possible given the circumstances: bring back anything valuable for her Trainer. The harder question would be, what would a luxury-loving woman want from a wild biome like the rainforest to begin with?

Samantha takes the lead, and her stubbornness to take in as many of the natural scents of this place as possible yields an unexpected result: for some reason, the deeper the group heads into the lush woods, the less intense the scents become! It makes absolutely no sense, and in an odd twist of logic, Samantha finds herself tracking the lack of smell with progressively greater curiosity, hastening her pace as she goes and forcing Mie Jr and Vulpix to hurry along as well. The deeper in they go, Pixie notices, the drier the towering trees become, as does the grass beneath their feet… what’s going on here?

It isn’t until they reach a small clearing that the issue becomes somewhat more apparent. Standing motionless in the very center, a bird seems to be roosting, completely motionless. But as Alice’s team draws nearer, it suddenly leaps up and turns around with a very serious expression on its face – it’s a Farfetch’d!

“Halt!” he whispers, pointing his stalk at Samantha. “Not another step! This place isn’t safe.”

Not oblivious to the trio’s puzzled look, the stern duck goes on to explain, keeping his voice down as if afraid to wake something up.

“This forest is dying, as you’re no doubt already noticed. Something is draining the rainforest of its water and nutrients, robbing every plant of its vigor, of its very life! This cannot be allowed to continue. The cause for this lies beyond this clearing, and you caught me meditating before I tackle this great challenge.”

The Farfetch’d talks funny, Pixie notices, but his heart seems to be in the right place. It is clear he doesn’t know exactly what the problem is, but his sense of honor forces him to act. Whatever it is that is killing the forest, it must be either huge or in great numbers, to be able to cause such widespread drought. Will the group get themselves involved or, at the obvious lack of beautiful treasures to take from this half-dead forest, seek adventure elsewhere?


-----

Kyuu-Tales:

Again, the group’s decisions are initially at odds with one another. Aiolia, in accordance to his fiery temper, wishes to put up a fight against the much larger, elementally superior enemy despite the insurmountable odds. Seiza would much rather retreat with no apparent concern for honour when there was yet a mission to fulfill. Finally, Baian begrudgingly seemed to accept that the team was no match for Kingler, but his own decision of pulling back seems to come with much more held-back resentment than the Bronzor.

The team shifts their attention from the blocked-off beach to the mountains up North, where hopefully resistance will be less of an issue. Still unsure about their collective decision, the three turn back around and prepare to leave, when Kingler suddenly yells, commanding their attention one final time.

“Oy!!” he shouts, as he digs something out of the sand with his claw, gaze firmly locked specifically on the bravest of the group. “I’ll remember your faces! Make sure to come back when you’re real fighters, y’hear?!”

With that, he tosses a fuming-hot object at Aiolia’s feet, which the group quickly identifies as a Heat Rock, before grinning and skittering sideways back into the ocean, ever-watchful eyes remaining just barely above the water’s surface all the while.

It could be postulated that the seemingly-brutish Kingler is not only issuing an open challenge for a rematch in the future, he is also aiding the party to progress on the next step of their exploration – the warmth radiated by the Heat Rock no doubt a welcome boon in the upcoming trek across the Frozen Fjords. It takes the group a considerable while of walking – and floating and hopping, to each their locomotion! – before icy ridge is within range. And so begins the climb up misty mountains cold…

Indeed the Rock proves valuable, a welcome source of heat for those who mind the cold – which might not be the case with Seiza, but undoubtedly Aiolia and Baian. As the group begins their ascent across the makeshift path along the mountainside, they notice the inclination becomes steeper, the road trickier, the gales stronger and the air colder. Barren dusty floor turns to a white carpet of delicate snow, and after a while of braving the inhospitable territory, a choice is presented to the party, who are by now starting to really feel the effects of the drop in temperature: to their left the path stretches upwards, jagged frozen rock on one side and a long way down into the ocean on the other with ever-stronger winds in between; to their right, a large indentation on the mountain like a piercing wound, a dark cave stretching into parts unknown.

There are two things every explorer knows: that the less travelled the path, the greater the risks and potential rewards, and to that effect it might be worth enduring the rest of the climb; and that the weary adventurer cannot last long against elements he is ill-prepared to face, and to that extent perhaps the shelter provided by the cave’s dark recesses might be preferable…


-----

Connor:

The Hippopotas listens with a frown as Sophie tries her best at the diplomatic route – an art lost on either Cain or Julia. When she concludes, the Ground-Type seems at least inclined to answer, rather than go back to his obsessive cleaning .

“Yes, there is much to amend. You’ve made a mess of my flawless golden tapestry, after all! And do you know why it’s flawless?” he inquires in a high-pitched voice, irritation still ostensibly present in his tone. “It’s precisely because there are no items lying around, no mismatched trinkets, no stones out of place. I’ve taken precautions to that effect, and struck a deal with a… helper of sorts. That’s where you’ll come in.”

Hippopotas looks around shiftily, then lowers his voice as if not wanting to be heard by anyone else.

“I made a deal with a local Crustle. He is a hoarder, you see? Not quite right in the head, obviously,” he goes on rather presumptuously. “But he does keep the sand clean for me. He avidly collects anything that is washed up by the sandstorms, but here lies the problem: his collection is starting to become an eyesore. A vile blot of ink wound on the otherwise flawless canvas I’ve painted! He’s amassed too much, keeps it all in a disorganized heap of junk and I cannot tolerate it anymore. Furthermore, he refuses to part with any of it, saying it was part of our deal! Have you seen the nerve of that Bug?”

He clears his throat, flattens a small irregular mound of sand formed by the wind and continues.

“To make it up to me, you will have to do something about that Crustle’s insulting stack of garbage. Those are my terms for forgiveness!”

He finally points north with his snout, where indeed a heap of something does seem to form in the distance, standing out like a sore thumb in the otherwise golden perfection of Hippopotas’s carefully maintained dunes. The Ground-Type digs his way back underground without another word, presumably to continue his self-imposed duties, and you’re left with nowhere else to go but the Crustle’s assumed location.

After a while of traversing the scorching-hot desert, you finally draw close enough to get a better view of the situation: a massive pile of sand rises upwards like a small pyramid, with several rock edges protruding from the sandy cloak. It is obvious what’s happened: someone collected a whole lot of assorted stuf indeed, but actually seems to have made some effort at keeping things tidy by clumsily burying the stash; maybe the Crustle isn’t so careless as the Hippopotas portrayed him to be – just… less meticulous all in all?

Nearby, you hear the rustling of claw against stone; looking over, you spot a red bug chipping away at its rocky shell, either polishing it or sharpening his claws, minding his own business with his back turned to you, oblivious to your presence.
You remember your orders were to get rid of Crustle’s “eyesore” of a collection… what now?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-08-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #100
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Chiko- Your team quickly jumps into action as they carry out their assigned roles. Kotori battles against the forceful winds as she lifts the surprisingly bulky Bagon up the side of the Ravine. She takes plenty of breaks as she ascends, dropping the Bagon onto a ledge while she catches her breath. They continue to climb higher and higher, leaving Sol and Menma on the ground to prepare for the Bagon's dive. The Chikorita and Mimikyu work together to gather boulders from the surrounding landscape, their combined strength makes the job a little easier. Before long the gather up a nice landing pad of boulders, only one large round boulder was left. Menma things little of it and rolls it over with the others, it was a little larger but she figured that would just make it a better target. With the rocky landing pad all set up, Sol and Menma are ready for the Bagon to jump.

By the time Sol and Menma complete their task, Kotori has finally made it to the top of the ravine and waits anxiously for the Bagon to jump. The dragon makes his way to the edge of the ravine and looks down below, just making out the small dots that are Sol and Menma. "Alright I'm going to jump", cries the Bagon as he prepares for his descent. Kotori approaches the edge as well, intent on following the Bagon on the way down. In an instant the Bagon leaps gracefully into the area, before ungracefully plummeting towards the ground. It adjusts itself so that it approaches head first, the hard shell on its head would absorb the impact. Sol and Menma guide the Bagon as it descends, correcting its course before moving back to avoid being hit by any of the shattered stone. The Bagon crashes into the pile of boulders, shattering a couple of them and sending up a shower of stone and dust. The Bagon quickly pulls itself out of the rubble, "Excellent, let's go again!"

Your Pokemon recreate the process a few more times, Kotori seems to get better at lifting the Bagon each time, her flying skills becoming stronger. Eventually only one boulder stands whole but the Bagon insists on trying until every one of them is smashed. He lines up for his final jump and leaps into the air, aiming for the large round boulder that Menma had added to the pile. But as the Bagon crashes into the boulder it doesn't crack, instead it groans and four arm stretch out. Turns out that the boulder was actually a Graveler, who had been sleeping quite deeply until the Bagon crashed head first into it. The Bagon didn't handle the harder impact well, he was now laying on his back, seemingly unconscious. The Graveler seems to be quite angry, it begins to grab the scraps of rock around it and starts throwing them at your Pokemon! You would need to find some way to subdue or calm the angry Rock type.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.