UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #551
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,360
Missingo. Master- After examining the shard, you realise there wasn't much more you could learn from it at this point in time. Despite the prospect of more broken fragments up ahead, you decide to remain barefoot, why exactly is a mystery to everyone.....

George scouts ahead, occasionally flicking a shard out of your path, rescuing your bare feet from a nasty laceration. The sound only intensifies as you get closer, no wonder all of those Pokemon were so eager to get out. Eventually the tunnel opens up into a large cavern. Andromeda's light is no longer needed as the cavern appears to be illuminated. Looking up to the ceiling you notice a number of holes have been punched through the mountainside and into the cavern. George points out another interesting discovery, the cavern floor is covered in the shards similar to those that were found in the tunnel. You get the feeling that something is approaching as the sound seems to be closing in. A rainbow streaks through the cavern towards you, causing you to flinch out of sheer surprise. George and Andromeda are likewise stunned as the rainbow quickly surrounds the three of you. Trapped in a multicoloured cyclone, your Pokemon are unsure of what to do. Where these Pokemon? Did they mean you any harm or where they just curious? Either way they had you surrounded and they also seemed to be the source of the annoying noise, their swift movements creating the high pitched whistle that has driven the Pokemon from their home.




Biggggg5- Unsure of whether the Pansage are thieves or workers, you settle your Grubbin, much to her displeasure. The best course of action was to wait and watch, if the Pansage were workers then maybe their boss or owner was nearby. It isn't long before every last Occa berry is plucked from the tree, but before the Grass typed simians can head off, a Herdier bursts onto the scene, barking rapidly in an attempt to intimidate the monkeys. Following the Herdier closely is a young man, likely in his late teens. Sporting a plaid shirt, a pair of denim jeans and some well worn boots, he was clearly one of the workers.

"You thieving monkeys!" The boy shouts at the top of his lungs, "get them Lady, we can't let them steal anymore of these berries!"

The Herdier lets out a roaring bark, causing almost half of the Pansages to drop their loot and run. Around seven remain, having enough guts to stand their ground against the normal type. Tex is about ready to burst, the Grubbin looks eager to get in on the action. The Herdier was outnumbered and the boy would likely appreciate and reward your assistance. As the situation unfolds, you notice something rustling in the now barren berry tree. A much larger Pokemon jumps down from the tree now and quickly issues orders to its troops. The sight of the Simisage seems to cause the boy to hesitate. While he was comfortable with his chances of scaring off the Pansage, he likely isn't equipped to handle a battle with the evolved Simisage.



Myahoo- Informed that you would require a Pokemon with Waterfall to reach the next level, you produce two Pokeballs. With one you release a Pokemon into the water, a Finneon by the name of Stream. With the other Pokeball you recall Wildfire, the Cyndaquil likely wouldn't enjoy what was going to happen next. Marina stares at you sceptically and with good reason.

"Ummm so that's your Pokemon that knows Waterfall?", the trial captain can barely control herself, but eventually swallows her laughter in an attempt to avoid being rude. "I'm sure he will get the job done, I'm just hoping you don't mind getting soaked in the process....." Marina mounts her Gyarados once more, leaving you to jump into the water with Stream. You wrap your hands around his small body, doing your best not to obstruct his fins. Marina takes the lead and you lay out flat to let Stream pull you along. The ride starts off pretty pleasant as you travel across the still water, but as you approach the rapids you begin to realise why Marina was concerned.

You watch as Marina's Gyarados effortlessly travels up the rapids, barely changing pace. Stream on the other hand is having a really hard time, even as he kicks into a Waterfall to try and propel himself forward. It feel like you're moving a metre a minute and you're not even at the waterfall yet! Stream eventually reaches the waterfall's base, where Marina waits patiently.

"You go first, I'll do my best to catch you if you fall but I can't make any promises." Stream seems determined but he has already used so much energy, was the little Finneon still capable of getting you to the top?
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-10-2018 at 04:42 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #552
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingo. Master- After examining the shard, you realise there wasn't much more you could learn from it at this point in time. Despite the prospect of more broken fragments up ahead, you decide to remain barefoot, why exactly is a mystery to everyone.....

George scouts ahead, occasionally flicking a shard out of your path, rescuing your bare feet from a nasty laceration. The sound only intensifies as you get closer, no wonder all of those Pokemon were so eager to get out. Eventually the tunnel opens up into a large cavern. Andromeda's light is no longer needed as the cavern appears to be illuminated. Looking up to the ceiling you notice a number of holes have been punched through the mountainside and into the cavern. George points out another interesting discovery, the cavern floor is covered in the shards similar to those that were found in the tunnel. You get the feeling that something is approaching as the sound seems to be closing in. A rainbow streaks through the cavern towards you, causing you to flinch out of sheer surprise. George and Andromeda are likewise stunned as the rainbow quickly surrounds the three of you. Trapped in a multicoloured cyclone, your Pokemon are unsure of what to do. Where these Pokemon? Did they mean you any harm or where they just curious? Either way they had you surrounded and they also seemed to be the source of the annoying noise, their swift movements creating the high pitched whistle that has driven the Pokemon from their home.
The group continued onwards. George kept an eye out for anything in the path that might prove harmful to his Trainer's feet. The Inkay didn't understand why Terri didn't just put on her sandals, but this wasn't the first time she'd shown reluctance to don any sort of footwear. Even if she never explained exactly why, George was inclined to respect this about her, and so he would flick any other shards he found out of Terri's way.

As they progressed, the sound grew worse. George and Andromeda were in agreement- were they wild Pokémon and this noise was happening in their own natural habitats, they'd have hauled ass by this point as well. It was so annoying! Terri heard the noise as well, obviously, and whether it was annoying to her was not obvious. One would think it annoyed her, and maybe it did, but one wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her face. The young Trainer was simply looking ahead, head tilted, only discernible expression on her face that of curiosity. Not that this was anything unusual for Terri, of course- she was hard to read in general.

And then, the tunnel opened up into a large cavern. "I believe my illumination is no longer necessary," Andromeda stated, the Starmie letting the Flash go out. Terri nodded in agreement- there were a number of holes punched into the cavern letting in natural light from the outside. The question Terri had was, was this normal for this cavern, or did whatever was making this noise do this?

"Look at the floor," George piped up. Terri did just that, and saw what her Inkay was talking about. Shards. Just like the ones they found in the tunnel, except the cavern's floor was covered in them.

"Wow..." murmured Terri, taking another look at the shard in her hand. "What were these?"

Before Terri could get any sort of answer, she and her Starmie and Inkay flinched involuntarily as they found themselves being rushed by... a rainbow? The rainbow started to spin all around them, trapping them in the strangest cyclone any of them had ever been trapped in. George and Andromeda were at a loss here. They didn't even know if these were Pokémon, much less their intentions. All they could tell was that whatever was responsible for trapping them in this rainbow, they were the source of the high-pitched noise.

Terri said nothing at first, seeming at first to admire the multicolored cyclone she was trapped in. But she too was curious. The high-pitched whistling, this was clearly the source, and whether said whistling was due to hostility or distress, or even some sort of misguided attempt at friendly communication, she wanted to get to the bottom of the matter and find out what was going on here. "Excuse me," she called to the rainbow cyclone, or at least whatever was causing it. "Hello. My name is Terri. This is George, and this is Andromeda," she added, introducing her Pokémon. Andromeda uncertainly flickered her gem in greeting, while George slowly waved, unsure who or what exactly he was waving at. "The thing is," said Terri, "whatever you're trying to say with this sound you're making, all it's doing is driving away the Pokémon who live in here. Whatever it is you want to say, could you please find a different way to say it? Because if you're trying to say you need help or something, then I'd like to try and help, but first I need to find out why you're doing this."
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #553
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,360
Missingno. Master- Surrounded by a multicoloured cyclone, you do your best to reason with the strange Pokemon. You attempt to communicate with them, however there seems to be no initial change in their behaviour. George is beginning to look frustrated and is about to lash out, but then the cyclone begins to slow. The volume of the sound decreases as the Pokemon come to a stop, giving you your first clear look at the strange invaders. There must be at least fifty of them, in a multitude of neon colours. They are a bit smaller than a basketball, their large eyes seemed to stare straight through your soul. There was no anger in their expressions, they simply appeared playful and curious, as if they possessed too much energy. A few of them begin to float in closer, inspecting yourself and your Pokemon. Andromeda remains relaxed, however George seems a little unsure of the curious Pokemon.

You had found the source of the noise, but how were you going to clear out so many foreign Pokemon? Sure they were calmer now, but you sensed that it wouldn't be long before they would start zipping around again. What these Pokemon were was also still a mystery, perhaps your Pokedex contained some information that would be valuable to your mission, it was meant to contain information on every recorded Pokemon after all.

Something begins to roll slowly towards you. The strange object was about the same size and shape as the Pokemon surrounding you but it seemed to be encased in the strange ceramic you found in the tunnel. There were small cracks in the clay and the object was rocking back and forth like whatever was inside wanted to break free, similar to an egg.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #554
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Surrounded by a multicoloured cyclone, you do your best to reason with the strange Pokemon. You attempt to communicate with them, however there seems to be no initial change in their behaviour. George is beginning to look frustrated and is about to lash out, but then the cyclone begins to slow. The volume of the sound decreases as the Pokemon come to a stop, giving you your first clear look at the strange invaders. There must be at least fifty of them, in a multitude of neon colours. They are a bit smaller than a basketball, their large eyes seemed to stare straight through your soul. There was no anger in their expressions, they simply appeared playful and curious, as if they possessed too much energy. A few of them begin to float in closer, inspecting yourself and your Pokemon. Andromeda remains relaxed, however George seems a little unsure of the curious Pokemon.

You had found the source of the noise, but how were you going to clear out so many foreign Pokemon? Sure they were calmer now, but you sensed that it wouldn't be long before they would start zipping around again. What these Pokemon were was also still a mystery, perhaps your Pokedex contained some information that would be valuable to your mission, it was meant to contain information on every recorded Pokemon after all.

Something begins to roll slowly towards you. The strange object was about the same size and shape as the Pokemon surrounding you but it seemed to be encased in the strange ceramic you found in the tunnel. There were small cracks in the clay and the object was rocking back and forth like whatever was inside wanted to break free, similar to an egg.
At first, Terri's words seemed to fall on deaf ears, as the swirling cyclone of color didn't seem to change its behavior at all. And then, however, they started to slow. Yes, they- the cyclone was made up of numerous colorful creatures, spherical in stature, with large eyes that stared at Terri just as curiously as she looked back at them. No anger, no hostility, just curiosity.

"...What are they?" George asked, the Inkay sounding rather wary of these newcomers.

"I've heard of these," murmured Terri, producing her Pokédex. "They're Minior!"

"Minior- Core Form- the Meteor Pokémon. A Rock and Flying-type," droned the device. "Minior lives in the atmosphere, eating dust and other particles. The composition of what it eats in the atmosphere determines the color of its core."

In stark contrast to George's unease, Terri smiled in a friendly way as some of the Minior drew closer to inspect her and her Pokémon. And then, Terri saw something rolling her way. In terms of size and shape, it looked like the other Minior, except it seemed to be encased in a shell- a shell made of the same sort of ceramic they found back in the tunnel, Terri realized. Her Pokédex spoke up once more, providing an answer to her unspoken question;

"Minior- Meteor Form- the Meteor Pokémon. A Rock and Flying-type. The outer shell of Minior is uncommonly durable, but the shock of hitting the ground will shatter the shell."

Terri looked around again, seeing the multiple holes punched in the cavern, and starting to piece everything together. The noises that woke her up last night- that was the Minior falling to the ground, falling right through the cave, punching big holes as they went. And with all this excess, pent-up energy, they were making all that high-pitched whistling, which is what drove off all the local wild Pokémon. And that wasn't their intention at all- they were merely curious. Curious about the world on which they landed. And very likely, they wanted to see the world beyond here, Terri realized. Something that she, of all people, could understand. Moreover, it was imperative that something be done fast, lest the speeding up and whistling resumed, and Terri felt like that wasn't too far off from happening.

"Andromeda," she said to the Starmie. "Use Spotlight and lead the way back out. Alright," she added, now addressing the Minior. "I'm guessing you all want to know more about this world, right? Well, there's much more to it than just this one cave," smiled Terri. "Follow us, we'll lead the way outside." Before she would accompany Andromeda, however, Terri intended to see what she could do for the Meteor Form Minior that was rolling her way. It seemed to want out of its shell, and if Terri could help with that, she certainly intended to. She produced a Luxury Ball, enlarged it, and tossed it up. "Observe, engage!" she stated as the Medicham appeared in a flash of light. He glanced around at the multitude of Minior, but said nothing. As long as they weren't gonna fight him, he had no intention of starting anything with them.

And then, Observe... well, observed the Meteor Form Minior. "You seek my help with this one?" he asked Terri.

Terri nodded. "We'll be leaving the cave so as to lead these Minior out," said Terri. "I'd like you to help me carry this one, and if possible, help it break free from its shell without harming it."

"Indeed," nodded the Medicham, eyeing the shell-clad Minior curiously. Carrying it wouldn't be a problem, he imagined, whether physically or psychically, and the idea of breaking open its shell without doing the occupant harm... it intrigued him. And so they would make ready to leave, with Andromeda leading the way, and hopefully her Spotlight attack would clue in the Minior that following her was the way to go. Once outside, Terri reasoned, the Minior could have all the wide open space they desired to release their pent-up energy without worrying about driving wild Pokémon out of caves. And if any of them simply wanted to return to space, then leading them outside would be the ideal solution as well.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:31 PM   #555
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Unsure of whether the Pansage are thieves or workers, you settle your Grubbin, much to her displeasure. The best course of action was to wait and watch, if the Pansage were workers then maybe their boss or owner was nearby. It isn't long before every last Occa berry is plucked from the tree, but before the Grass typed simians can head off, a Herdier bursts onto the scene, barking rapidly in an attempt to intimidate the monkeys. Following the Herdier closely is a young man, likely in his late teens. Sporting a plaid shirt, a pair of denim jeans and some well-worn boots, he was clearly one of the workers.

"You thieving monkeys!" The boy shouts at the top of his lungs, "get them Lady, we can't let them steal anymore of these berries!"

The Herdier lets out a roaring bark, causing almost half of the Pansages to drop their loot and run. Around seven remain, having enough guts to stand their ground against the normal type. Tex is about ready to burst, the Grubbin looks eager to get in on the action. The Herdier was outnumbered and the boy would likely appreciate and reward your assistance. As the situation unfolds, you notice something rustling in the now barren berry tree. A bunch larger Pokemon jumps down from the tree now and quickly issues orders to its troops. The sight of the Simisage seems to cause the boy to hesitate. While he was comfortable with his chances of scaring off the Pansage, he likely isn't equipped to handle a battle with the evolved Simisage.
Eyeing down the monkey pokemon Big and Tex watch quietly as the tree is soon completely free of the Occa Berries. Soon after though a Herdier comes out into the clearing barking and doing its best to intimidate the monkeys along with her Trainer shouting to confirm Big's fear that the monkeys were in fact thieves stealing the berries. "Alright Tex, let's go help now that we know for sure." Tex already was rushing in the best she could on her short bug legs once he got the first syllable out. "And you're already going." Big let's out a small sigh but also can't help but smile a bit at the eagerness of the young bug pokemon. But his face soon turns serious as he analyzes the situation. He calls out to the boy. "Hey Kid! We can take the Simisage if you can finish scaring off the rest of the small ones!" He shouts before locking eyes on the larger monkey. Tex has the type advantage and if I remember right wild pan and simisages don't have many moves that will be super harmful to her but this one will definitely have the size advantage, not to mention the advantages of having evolved as well. Let's start by getting its attention. It's no Minccino but nobody likes mud in their eyes. "Alright Tex, let's take this thief! Start us off with Mud Slap to try and get its eyes. Then follow up with Bug Bite!" The bug pokemon that was charging up her electrical power looks back and then sighs with another eye roll before dispelling the electricity and digging her prongs into the ground to stir up dirt to fuel the attack. Her battle plan was apparently different than Big's but if she could do anything she could follow orders.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #556
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 265
Hey there, apologies for the delay, work has gotten crazy busy! Thanks for sticking with me c:

Raves: The world seemed to move in slow motion. You dove foward, arms outstretched to save the Buneary from becoming a pancake. The small Normal type was falling quickly, only gaining speed as it got closer and closer to the ground.

The group of young trainers at the neighboring campsite all turned to watch, alerted by the distressed squeaking of Buneary. Some of them gasped and held their breath. Though they were too far away to do anything, one of the boys called out "CATCH IT!"

Totsuka was on the same page. She plunged a claw into her trainers bag and grabbed the first Pokeball she could find. By now you had hit the ground, a cloud of dust bust underneath you and blinded you temporarily. You felt something soft brush against your fingertips. Had you missed?

There was a flash of light and the familiar sound of a ball rattling around. The dust cleared and you rubbed as much of it as you could out of your eyes. A green ball rolled wildly on the ground. The movement slowed, it shook once, twice, then there was a satisfying click.

"Zangoose!!" Totsuka cried out in joy.
"YEAH!" The group of teens cheered.
You gathered yourself and the Friend Ball. The Buneary inside was obviously tired out from all the running and falling and had stopped trying to break out. You sat down to catch your breath and take a look at your Pokemon. All three looked relieved that the Buneary was ok, particularly Golestandt. After a moment, you were approached by the girl with the Pignite again.
"Hey uh...my friends said I shoudl say sorry...That was pretty cool of you to save that Buneary." She looked embarassed to be apologizing, looking off to the side rather than at you. She held out a hand to shake in a truce.


You (Totsuka?) caught a Lv. 15 female Buneary!
--------------
King Ghidorah: With the goal to scale the forest's trees in mind, you return Kingler. He deserved a break after dealing with Jonah and Clarence. You were about to follow up with Throh, but he was determined to continue helping. You explian to Jonah that your Pokemon still feels guilty for stepping on the binoculars, and the Fighting type bows its head in apology.
"Aw gee," Jonah frowns at your Throh. "Thanks Throh. I probably should have been more careful with them... I didn't secure them to my bag." The kid looks sheepish.

You call out your Murkrow, who Jonah is thrilled to see. He happily hands over the blurry picture to show her. Once she agrees to help, you pull something else from your bag. Murkrow seems to react to it immediately, drawn to the purple, glittering stone. You touch the Dusk Stone to her, and she begins to glow. Your Murkrow's silhouette morphs and grows in size, and soon her new form was revealed. She fluffs out her new white plumage proudly and crows. Jonah claps in excitement.
"I've never seen evolution like that before!! You're so cool!" His eyes are practically sparkling with amazement. Throh is equally impressed by his newly evolved teammate. With preparations made, you ask Jonah where you should start.

"Um..." Jonah furrows his brow and chews on his lip, deep in thought. "I think my sister said...these guys have nests in really high trees...near rocks?" He looked up at Honchkrow. "So can you fly up really high and look for something like that?"
Honchkrow opened her wings and lifted herself into the air. After a moment, she disappeared above the dense tree line. You and Jonah craned your necks to watch what might happen. A minute passed, then five, and you were beginning to wonder what was going on up there. The forest was rather silent besides the rustling of the leaves. What will you do?
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 09-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #557
King Ghidorah
Boulder Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
King Ghidorah: With the goal to scale the forest's trees in mind, you return Kingler. He deserved a break after dealing with Jonah and Clarence. You were about to follow up with Throh, but he was determined to continue helping. You explian to Jonah that your Pokemon still feels guilty for stepping on the binoculars, and the Fighting type bows its head in apology.
"Aw gee," Jonah frowns at your Throh. "Thanks Throh. I probably should have been more careful with them... I didn't secure them to my bag." The kid looks sheepish.

You call out your Murkrow, who Jonah is thrilled to see. He happily hands over the blurry picture to show her. Once she agrees to help, you pull something else from your bag. Murkrow seems to react to it immediately, drawn to the purple, glittering stone. You touch the Dusk Stone to her, and she begins to glow. Your Murkrow's silhouette morphs and grows in size, and soon her new form was revealed. She fluffs out her new white plumage proudly and crows. Jonah claps in excitement.
"I've never seen evolution like that before!! You're so cool!" His eyes are practically sparkling with amazement. Throh is equally impressed by his newly evolved teammate. With preparations made, you ask Jonah where you should start.

"Um..." Jonah furrows his brow and chews on his lip, deep in thought. "I think my sister said...these guys have nests in really high trees...near rocks?" He looked up at Honchkrow. "So can you fly up really high and look for something like that?"
Honchkrow opened her wings and lifted herself into the air. After a moment, she disappeared above the dense tree line. You and Jonah craned your necks to watch what might happen. A minute passed, then five, and you were beginning to wonder what was going on up there. The forest was rather silent besides the rustling of the leaves. What will you do?
A few moments went by. Then a few more. Then a few more still.

“Uh...she should’ve been back by now,” Hugo said to no one in particular, his voice tinged with concern. “Right? I mean it couldn’t take that long. Do you think something could have happened?” he asked, turning to Throh.

The Judo Pokemon was a bit surprised to be put on the spot, as if he would have any more answers than anyone else here. He shrugged his muscle-packed shoulders as if to say “Who me? How the hell would I know?”

“I mean there’s nothing to be afraid of. She did just evolve after all. She’s tough. She can handle herself.”

Hugo, Jonah, and Throh stared awkwardly at each other. Hugo cleared his throat. Throh uncomfortably shifted a bit on his feet.

The forest was silent.

”HOOOOOOOONCHKROOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!” Hugo wailed, echoing through the trees. The sudden explosion of noise startled Throh who instinctively went into a defensive fighting stance and almost knocked poor Jonah on his face.

“Alright! I think we’ve waited long enough!” Hugo announced. Throh and Jonah had to be a little offput by the forced cheeriness/complete desperation in Hugo’s voice, but what trainer wouldn’t be concerned? Hugo loved all his Pokemon, but he had a softspot for Murkow-now-Honchkrow who would happily flap and chirp about when they would spend time together which was pretty atypical for the Murkrow line notorious for their dourness. But Hugo’s Honchkrow was different and he didn’t want to think about something happening to her. He took off running through the forest, stopping after about 50 yards to turn back to Throh and Jonah.

“Are you guys coming or WHAT?!
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:33 AM   #558
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,360
Missingno. Master- Once the Pokemon finally slowed down, it didn't take you long to identify them. A quick scan with your Pokedex was all the confirmation you needed, these were indeed Minior. They were in their Core Form, well most of them were at least. Their shells had shattered as they crashed through the cavern, the one still in its shell must not have taken a strong enough hit to release it. The cavern's new occupants couldn't remain here, they'd unknowingly invaded the home of many Pokemon, which now found themselves homeless and distressed. Andromeda is about to set up a Spotlight when your Pokedex lights up again, sharing a key piece of information.

"If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It’s possible that it may survive if it’s put into a Poké Ball quickly enough." Did that mean these Minior would die if they weren't captured? There were certainly too many for you to catch them all yourself, certainly there was another option?

Andromeda's gem lights up as she sets up her Spotlight, drawing the attention of all the Core Minior. Observe picks up the Minior still in its Meteor Form and assesses its shell for weaknesses, hoping to free it without causing too much pain. You're about to start leading the Minior out when you hear a new sound, this one is more familiar and the pitch is a lot lower. You pinpoint the noise within seconds, it was the distinct noise of a helicopter! Everything seems to happen in an instant as a large tube drops down through one of the holes in the ceiling. The vacuum switches on and begins to draw the Minior in, along with the shattered shells covering the floor of the cavern. The Minior begin to disappear as they are gradually sucked up by the vacuum. While the cavern was now cleared, where the Minior safe?

A pair of ropes drop into the cavern and Observe quickly guides you to take cover behind a nearby boulder. Andromeda dims her light and George floats close by, trying to sneak a peak as two rather large men slide down into the cavern.

"Fan out and search for any we missed", orders one of the men.

"I know, I got the same orders that you did, no need to boss me around." The men quickly spread out and begin searching the cavern, looking for any stray Minior the vacuum failed to suck up. The Meteorite Form Minior in Observe's arms shakes anxiously, it seems to know that the men are looking for it.



Biggggg5- It seemed Tex had already decided to help the boy and his Herdier out, but you could at least be a bit tactical about how you were going to help him. You shout out to the boy, informing him to take care of the remaining Pansage while you and Tex handle the Simisage. The Grubbin quickly lets her presence be known to the Simisage. Digging her sharp prongs into the ground, she flicks up dirt which slaps into the Simisage's face as it turns to face her. The Simisage scratches at its eyes. While the attack didn't hurt it was more than enough to irritate its eyes, reducing its vision and accuracy. If Tex wanted the Simisage's attention, she certainly had it now!

"Thanks for the assist!" The boy shouts you a thank you as he looks to send the rest of the Pansage on their way. "Lady, Take one Down then rip into it with an Ice Fang, let them know what they are up against." The Herdier barks as she charges towards the nearest Pansage, knocking it onto its back with tremendous force before sinking her ice coated teeth into its shoulder. You turn your attention back to the Simisage, which seems to be cooking up a retaliation plan. It rushes forward with startling speed, something Tex can't hope to match. It jumps through the air with acrobatic flair, striking Tex with a powerful super effective hit. Although the Grubbin is clearly hurt, she pushes through the pain and latches onto the Simisage before it can retreat, sinking her teeth into it with a strong super effective blow of her own. The Simisage scratches at her to try and get rid of her, but the Grubbin is far too resilient. You watch as the boy's Herdier releases the Pansage in had pinned, the monkey quickly flees, as does another that doesn't want to risk the same treatment. A couple of the remaining Pansage begin striking her with Vine Whips, but just like Tex, the Herdier seems determined to fight through the pain.
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-10-2018 at 05:15 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #559
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Once the Pokemon finally slowed down, it didn't take you long to identify them. A quick scan with your Pokedex was all the confirmation you needed, these were indeed Minior. They were in their Core Form, well most of them were at least. Their shells had shattered as they crashed through the cavern, the one still in its shell must not have taken a strong enough hit to release it. The cavern's new occupants couldn't remain here, they'd unknowingly invaded the home of many Pokemon, which now found themselves homeless and distressed. Andromeda is about to set up a Spotlight when your Pokedex lights up again, sharing a key piece of information.

"If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It’s possible that it may survive if it’s put into a Poké Ball quickly enough." Did that mean these Minior would die if they weren't captured? There were certainly too many for you to catch them all yourself, certainly there was another option?

Andromeda's gem lights up as she sets up her Spotlight, drawing the attention of all the Core Minior. Observe picks up the Minior still in its Meteor Form and assesses its shell for weaknesses, hoping to free it without causing too much pain. You're about to start leading the Minior out when you hear a new sound, this one is more familiar and the pitch is a lot lower. You pinpoint the noise within seconds, it was the distinct noise of a helicopter! Everything seems to happen in an instant as a large tube drops down through one of the holes in the ceiling. The vacuum switches on and begins to draw the Minior in, along with the shattered shells covering the floor of the cavern. The Minior begin to disappear as they are gradually sucked up by the vacuum. While the cavern was now cleared, where the Minior safe?

A pair of ropes drop into the cavern and Observe quickly guides you to take cover behind a nearby boulder. Andromeda dims her light and George floats close by, trying to sneak a peak as two rather large men slide down into the cavern.

"Fan out and search for any we missed", orders one of the men.

"I know, I got the same orders that you did, no need to boss me around." The men quickly spread out and begin searching the cavern, looking for any stray Minior the vacuum failed to suck up. The Meteorite Form Minior in Observe's arms shakes anxiously, it seems to know that the men are looking for it.
Andromeda was getting ready to fire up her Spotlight, when Terri's Pokédex lit up once more, the speakers conveying more information, this information of a rather more crucial nature.

"If the core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough."

Terri frowned, her eyes widening at this piece of information. "Die off?" she murmured.

"Troubling," remarked Observe. "But what can we do? Surely you don't have enough Poké Balls to catch every last one of these Minior?"

"I doubt it very much," Terri shook her head. "There must be another way... right now, the plan remains the same," she stated as the Minior were drawn towards the Spotlight. "Once we get the Minior outside, they can fly back up towards space. They come from there, they should be safe there."

"Sound reasoning," conceded the Medicham. "Lead on, then."

But before Terri could do just that, a strange noise met their ears. Not long after Terri realized it was a helicopter, a large tube was fed into the cavern through one of the holes the Minior made. It very quickly proved to be a humongous vacuum that sucked up all the Minior, as well as the shattered shards of shell what littered the cave floor.

"Someone else trying to save the Minior?" speculated George.

"Maybe," suggested Andromeda. "Or they could have more sinister motives. I've had the supreme misfortune to cross paths with Team Rocket , that's how my previous Trainer found me in the first place. There are organizations that deal in rare and powerful Pokémon."

The Medicham, meanwhile, eyed a pair of ropes being lowered into the cavern. "Hide, now!" he advised his Trainer and teammates. As Terri and her Medicham, Starmie, and Inkay took refuge behind a boulder, Observe continued to speak. "We don't know the motives of these people one way or another just yet." As he spoke, a pair of large men lowered themselves into the cave by way of those ropes. That they were searching for any Minior their vacuum had missed couldn't be in question- the question remained why they were after said Minior in the first place.

Terri, meanwhile, had a look of concern on her face as she regarded the Minior within Observe's arms. The Rock and Flying-type was trembling anxiously, almost as though fearful of the newcomers. Terri shared a look with her Psychic-types in which they all realized the same thing- while they were busy speculating the men's motives, here they had someone who might outright know them! And if the trembling was any indicator, it was looking likely that these men were bad news. Either way, Terri intended to find out.

"It's gonna be OK," she whispered to the Meteor Form Minior. "Minior, what can you tell us about those men? Do you know why they're after you and your friends?" It was times like these that Terri's apparent knack for understanding the language of Pokémon would surely come in handy. And while Terri awaited answers, her Pokémon were ready to act should the strange men found them. George planned to cast Hypnosis to hold them off if they were spotted. As a bonus, he figured this might also let him compel them to spill their motives if Minior couldn't say. Andromeda, meanwhile, planned to use this as an opportunity to see if she could extend the effects of her Camouflage move to her teammates, her Trainer, and that one Minior, to hide them all from those men. Observe, eyes closed, sought to Calm his Mind, after which he hoped to use Mind Reader on the men. Not only track their movements, but also to see if he couldn't, well, read their minds. Get a feel for their true motives. And his plan was to alert the others if the men were getting close, and if he was able to figure them out, relay their motives.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.