UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2017, 10:46 PM   #1
Naruxami
You're looking at the man
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 280
Probopass Mount Henka: The Evolution Zone

Pokemon evolution is a very interesting and unique process which has been observed since the creatures were first discovered so many millennia ago. However, some Pokemon have very odd methods of evolution --- needing some sort of special area or object in order to receive their desired form. Lucky for the seekers of said evolutions, a vast mountain has recently been discovered in the far corners of Fizzytopolis --- a spectacle to behold as it's many intricate spires and areas are so distinct from one another. Trainers and simple tourists alike flock to observe the awe inspiring Mount Henka.

Mount Henka
The Evolution Zone
Chilled Caverns - A chilling air bellows through these large and spacious caverns as one approaches. As it's most certainly cold, slippery and treacherous within these caves, trainers are advised to please bring a jacket if they intend on exploring the depths. Apparently, waiting in the centre is a fantastic stone that is said to bestow a new chilling power to a certain fox Pokemon. The constant downpour of frost is also said to change the form of a crab. (Please reply in paleturquoise)
level up --->
level up --->

Moss Trails - A rocky and somewhat steep trail for those that wish to get higher into the caverns and spirals. Although perfect for a nice hike, thick patches of moss line the walls everywhere your eyes dart. Rumour has it that at the end of the path a large boulder covered in thick patches of moss is able to entangle and entrance a certain fox Pokemon. (Please reply in Olive)
level up --->

Static Spire - Did your hair suddenly stand on edge? Charged currents of electricity seem to flow through every crevice in this high tower within the mountain. Some chalk it up to leftover potential energy from the storms that bellow overhead in the rainy months. However, rumours do persist of a large charged stone that charges up certain Pokemon. (Please reply in yellow)
level up --->
level up --->
level up --->

Henka Pond - Near the entrance to the mountain rests a small pond that is teaming with all sorts of small fish. Fishermen flock to the area in the hopes of reeling up their next meal, but the fish also seem to have an alluring power to certain sea dwelling Pokemon. The weather around Henka is often chaotic, leading to frequent rainfalls that attract sticky Pokemon. (Please reply in royalblue)
Capture a Remoraid --->
level +50 --->
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
Marion Ette
The Light and the Shadow
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jirachi's Casino
Posts: 2,000
The purpose of this thread will be to discuss the proposal provided by Naruxami for an Evolution Minizone. Ideas, suggestions and feedback are appreciated, as always!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
The text for Mantyke's evolution makes it sound like you have to physically capture a Remoraid, as in with a Pokeball. Is that supposed to be like that? Because if so I'm not entirely comfortable with forcing people to permanently capture a Remoraid just to evolve their Mantykes.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #4
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,119
Seeing as mantyke straight-up requires a remoraid to be in the party to evolve in the main games, and not everyone has one of the pistolfishes, this makes sense as a move. Though there could be a workaround for folks who already have one?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,348
Maybe the Mantyke evolution requirement could be a little flexible depending on what the player wants.

1: If the player has a Remoraid, they could simply complete a battle in that area with their Mantyke while establishing they have their Remoraid on hand. Mantyke wins the battle, levels up, evolves into Mantine.

2: If the player doesn't have a Remoraid but wouldn't mind catching one, they find a Remoraid in the area, battle it with Mantyke, catch it, and Mantyke evolves.

3: If the player doesn't have a Remoraid and doesn't want one, they find a Remoraid in the area, battle it with Mantyke, Mantyke wins, levels up, and evolves into Mantine.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Well I want to point out how that the previous evolution zone was deader than dead since it was pretty niche ("go there, evolve, you're done.", no other use for anyone else who doesn't have the Pokémon that needs those special evolutions)

My suggestion fix, if we do want to live it up a bit more, make it more useful, etc is to make it also a zone which, if you're not there for those particular evolutions, give you a guaranteed evolution item. That way it still stays with the theme of Evolution Zone, and more people would go to it

Of course, I realized that it could make things a little bit too OP. Plus the "niche" part could be a good thing, as it gives more free time to updators to, well, update other zones which can give the way evolution item too. So I dunno ^^;
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,348
That's an interesting idea, really- make it so we can get evolution items from the Evolution Zone. Never thought of that, but it does make sense.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #8
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,285
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
My suggestion fix, if we do want to live it up a bit more, make it more useful, etc is to make it also a zone which, if you're not there for those particular evolutions, give you a guaranteed evolution item. That way it still stays with the theme of Evolution Zone, and more people would go to it

Of course, I realized that it could make things a little bit too OP.
Does it really? I mean, we're making evolution items zone-only anyway, from the looks of it. Why not have a zone dedicated to procuring these items so we can evolve our precious Pokemon? One of the big reasons I personally have put certain Pokemon on a much lower priority than others is because there was no guarantee that I could obtain the item necessary to evolve them unless I already had it in my inventory for whatever reason. I could go on 20 adventures and get some really cool stuff out of it, but maybe I fail to get that coveted Moon Stone for my Nidorina I want to evolve. I don't know if that's true for other people, and I'm almost certainly speaking hypothetically given what I believe what would happen in the new FB, but having a zone available where I know I can get these much needed items would get rid of that worry about getting lucky and finding the perfect adventure suited around evolving my Pokemon.

That said, we could also add a few areas to the Evolution Zone that assist Pokemon that need sunlight/moonlight to evolve. Maybe something like...Fullmoon Cliff/Daybreak Savannah?
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #9
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 321
Send a message via AIM to Patches
I'm honestly all for all of these ideas and really like the idea of this being a place where you can also acquire the items you need as well. I also think MM's idea with the Remoraid is pretty solid because no one will be forced to capture it if they don't want to while still coming at least close enough to how you would evolve Mantyke.

The only concern I would have about a zone like this is whether or not we would have enough ZU's for it. Since it's going to be a zone with a very important purpose there is a good chance that a lot of FB will end up in it all at once.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #10
Naruxami
You're looking at the man
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 280
I really like everyone's suggestions so far, especially the evolution item idea. I can certainly edit the zone to make it as though you don't actually have to capture the Remoraid, as that seems like a primary concern.

I meant to ask in the proposal but: Should there be dedicated areas for Castform to change forms? It wasn't included initially because I wasn't sure how absolutely important it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
I'm honestly all for all of these ideas and really like the idea of this being a place where you can also acquire the items you need as well. I also think MM's idea with the Remoraid is pretty solid because no one will be forced to capture it if they don't want to while still coming at least close enough to how you would evolve Mantyke.

The only concern I would have about a zone like this is whether or not we would have enough ZU's for it. Since it's going to be a zone with a very important purpose there is a good chance that a lot of FB will end up in it all at once.
It being my zone proposal, I'd be more than willing to ZU. Of course if the changes stated in this thread are made, we'd certainly need a lot. Judging by the ZA/ZU interest thread however, there seems to be a lot of interest in updating. As such I don't think this is a huge issue.

However, I think maybe a rule should be set in place that if you're not going for an evolution, but rather the stone/item; a wait period should be in place. Almost like every two weeks (from when your zone outing ended) you can go back and get another item. This way no one gets overwhelmed.

I rather like Gemini's idea as well, I'll be sure to type up similar areas for Lycanroc/others.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574

Spoiler: show

Isaac's Team
Spoiler: show

Cheeky's Team
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #11
Naruxami
You're looking at the man
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 280
Alright, I think I have everything sorted out for the proposal at this time. Once again, criticism is indeed very welcome~

Pokemon evolution is a very interesting and unique process which has been observed since the creatures were first discovered so many millennia ago. However, some Pokemon have very odd methods of evolution --- needing some sort of special area or object in order to receive their desired form. Lucky for the seekers of said evolutions, a vast mountain has recently been discovered in the far corners of Fizzytopolis --- a spectacle to behold as it's many intricate spires and areas are so distinct from one another. Trainers and simple tourists alike flock to observe the awe inspiring Mount Henka.

Mount Henka
The Evolution Zone
Chilled Caverns - A chilling air bellows through these large and spacious caverns as one approaches. As it's most certainly cold, slippery and treacherous within these caves, trainers are advised to please bring a jacket if they intend on exploring the depths. Apparently, waiting in the centre is a fantastic stone that is said to bestow a new chilling power to a certain fox Pokemon. The constant downpour of frost is also said to change the form of a crab. (Please reply in paleturquoise)

Spoiler: show


Moss Trails - A rocky and somewhat steep trail for those that wish to get higher into the caverns and spirals. Although perfect for a nice hike, thick patches of moss line the walls everywhere your eyes dart. Rumour has it that at the end of the path a large boulder covered in thick patches of moss is able to entangle and entrance a certain fox Pokemon. (Please reply in Olive)

Spoiler: show

Static Spire - Did your hair suddenly stand on edge? Charged currents of electricity seem to flow through every crevice in this high tower within the mountain. Some chalk it up to leftover potential energy from the storms that bellow overhead in the rainy months. However, rumours do persist of a large charged stone that charges up certain Pokemon. (Please reply in yellow)

Spoiler: show



Henka Pond - Near the entrance to the mountain rests a small pond that is teaming with all sorts of small fish. Fishermen flock to the area in the hopes of reeling up their next meal, but the fish also seem to have an alluring power to certain sea dwelling Pokemon. The weather around Henka is often chaotic, leading to frequent rainfalls that attract sticky Pokemon. (Please reply in royalblue)

Spoiler: show


Dayspring Crossing - Within the outer reaches of Mount Henka rests a small clearing where the sunlight seems to glow especially bright. Pokemon seem to gather here in order to sunbathe or simply rest their tired feet in the sun. Pokemon who prefer the daylight seem drawn to this location. (Please reply in orange)

Spoiler: show









Luminescent Cliffs - High up near the summit of Mount Henka rests the Luminescent Cliffs, named because the locals seemed to believe that it took you until nightfall to reach to top. These cliffs are best observed in moonlight, where they almost seem to glow in the faint cool light. Some Pokemon who are night dwellers seem very drawn to this area. (please reply in darkorchid)

Spoiler: show








Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 PM   #12
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,119
Can we please not make time-based evolutions be restricted to a zone? Pretty please? With a cheri berry on top?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Aaaaaaaand I'm late for answering stuff again ^^;

>GS
Now that you talk about it, it doesn't seem that much OP as I thought it would be XP (I only imagined that those against my idea would have that as an argument.)

>Patches
That is sorta my concern if we add the Evolution items into the mix. If we don't, the zone will be a "niche" one but it would be easy to maintain. If we do, we have better access to evolution items (without having to go through a thousand adventures to finally find what we want) but it'll sure make the zone a lot more busy.


>Castform
I always imagined Castform changing... well, form, of the current weather in whatever zone they are, and not "go somewhere to have its form changed permanently, and stays that way no matter the adventures' actual weather". Not to mention this zone will be for evolutions, not forms ^^; So I say it has no business here.


>Proposal
Looks good, Naruxami :3 However, since it seems to be decided that evolution items can also be found in those zones, it feels like it doesn't explicitly says that you can get some there. Not helping is the fact that when looking at the spoilers of each zone section, it shows just Pokémon, including some that uses items. Perhaps, in those spoiled sections, we should add the evolution items we can find in each, to make things clearer? Here's my suggestion of what it could break down:

Chilled Caverns: Ice Stone
Moss Trails: Leaf Stone, Sachet
Static Spire: Thunder Stone, Electirizer
Henka Pond: Water Stone, Deep Sea Scale, Deep Sea Tooth, King's Rock, Prism Scale
Dayspring Crossing: Sun Stone, Shiny Stone, Dawn Stone, Oval Stone
Luminescent Cliffs: Moon Stone, Dusk Stone, Reaper Cloth, Razor Claw, Razor Fang

There's items that doesn't fit in comfortably in those zones though, most being human-made or just doesn't fit well with the typing of the zones:
  • Fire Stone
  • Dubious Disc
  • Magmarizer
  • Metal Coat
  • Protector
  • Up-Grade
  • Whipped Dream
My suggestion to fix that is to add two zone sections:
- A mountain/fire themed one (could Mount Henka be a volcano?) to cover for the Fire Stone, Magmarizer, Metal Coat and Protector (it could also cover for future location-specific evolution of those types, if it ever comes).
- A city-based one to cover the Dubious Disc, Up-Grade and Whipped Dream.


>MedMana
What's your argument about not making the time-based evolutions restricted by a zone? Is it because in the past we didn't really care about the time anyways so we could just evolve them anytime when it reaches whatever it needs to evolve on top of that? If that's the case, I think your point is fair. If everyone agrees of that AND my above proposition/fix though, I would prefer to keep those zones so others can pick up the appropriate evolution items.
Tiny edit: Anyways if the person who went to those "time-based" sections to get a particular evolution item and happens to have that Pokémon already (ex.: goes to Dayspring Crossing to pick up an Oval Stone and already has a Happiny), chances are the trainer will evolve his/her Pokémon right there and then in the zone the moment they get the item, which just happens that it's always day/night XP
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #14
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,137
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Right now I think the evolution zone does its job perfectly well. It gives a nice organizational benefit to evolutions in which it would be detrimental to limit them to certain zones.

I'm not signing off on time based evolutions (limiting them to here is actually pretty dumb, because there's no reason why they couldn't happen in any zone) or evo stones though. Especially a guaranteed one, given the average length of evo zone adventures. I'd much rather put that into Jeri's proposal than this one.
__________________


Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #15
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Although it makes sense of having access to the evolution items here, it would make sense to put them in Jeri's shiny-new "Shop of All Trades" zone, too. I wouldn't mind either way, as long as evolution items are slightly more accessible than it used to be.
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I'm not signing off on time based evolutions (limiting them to here is actually pretty dumb, because there's no reason why they couldn't happen in any zone) or evo stones though. Especially a guaranteed one, given the average length of evo zone adventures. I'd much rather put that into Jeri's proposal than this one.
Basically, the bolded line here, but I feel the other points Emi made are on point too.

I'm going to throw out the following question: What does the Evolution zone offer that other existing zones cannot? The way I see it, most if not all of these 'mon could and would be evolvable in already existing zones (goodness knows we have enough variety). With the advent of Memakyu, it's not incredibly hard for updators to take note of and work means for evolution into the natural environments in their zones; it isn't like any of these means are particularly out of place.
__________________


PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #17
Naruxami
You're looking at the man
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Basically, the bolded line here, but I feel the other points Emi made are on point too.

I'm going to throw out the following question: What does the Evolution zone offer that other existing zones cannot? The way I see it, most if not all of these 'mon could and would be evolvable in already existing zones (goodness knows we have enough variety). With the advent of Memakyu, it's not incredibly hard for updators to take note of and work means for evolution into the natural environments in their zones; it isn't like any of these means are particularly out of place.
I mean, I never actually considered it. The zone was just a zone that existed in the old FB and I assumed it would be viable again considering certain Pokemon needed specific places to evolve. If the mods/updaters were willing, this idea could obviously be put into other zones for evolutionary paths. However, I'm not exactly sure how/where they should take place.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574

Spoiler: show

Isaac's Team
Spoiler: show

Cheeky's Team
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #18
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,137
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Basically its a place you can evolve Pokemon so they don't have to hard-line updators in certain zones to having to tailor their quest to evolve a certain Pokemon.
__________________


Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #19
Naruxami
You're looking at the man
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Basically its a place you can evolve Pokemon so they don't have to hard-line updators in certain zones to having to tailor their quest to evolve a certain Pokemon.
True. Well for now let's redo the proposal from the beginning. With the initial four zones, and removing the time based areas.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574

Spoiler: show

Isaac's Team
Spoiler: show

Cheeky's Team
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,348
Definitely in favor of removing the time of day-specific areas. Also wondering if we need a designated rainy area for Sliggoo to evolve in- rain can happen pretty much anywhere. That said, if we do implement the need for Sliggoo to actually evolve in rain, and not just count rain we make happen in free RP settings, then maybe a constantly rainy area wouldn't be a bad idea, if only so we don't have to force updators to add random rainstorms to their updates if they know an updatee of theirs' is looking to evolve a Sliggoo. My opinion, make the rainy area an option, but not the only way to evolve a Sliggoo, and that's if we require actual, non-free-RP rain for Sliggoo evolutions. Other than that, everything looks good to me. Also standing by my previous idea about the whole Remoraid aspect of evolving Mantyke- make it flexible so Mantyke owners can have their own Remoraid induce the evolution, catch a Remoraid to induce the evolution, or simply defeat a wild one to induce the evolution, depending on what they want to do.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #21
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 468
As far as weather-based evolutions go (Sliggoo -> Goodra), I don't see why someone can't just mention that they are looking to evolve their pokemon in a normal zone and the ZA/ZU can accommodate them accordingly, as long as the zone in which they are adventuring permits it. Or why the trainer couldn't just use the move Rain Dance in battle, for that matter.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #22
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Also standing by my previous idea about the whole Remoraid aspect of evolving Mantyke- make it flexible so Mantyke owners can have their own Remoraid induce the evolution, catch a Remoraid to induce the evolution, or simply defeat a wild one to induce the evolution, depending on what they want to do.
I disagree with being able to catch the Remoraid, personally. It would be the only possible capture in the zone. Every other evolution adventure only rewards you with the evolution (and the Pokedollars for RPing, I suppose), so having one that also allows a capture in addition seems really out of place. The other options (bring your own Remoraid or fight a wild one to evolve your Mantyke) seem to be plenty.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I'm with the former of Sandaa. With regards to the just using Rain Dance, I'm 99% sure that doesn't actually work ingame for evolving it, so I'd be iffy on that.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #24
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,348
In the games, Rain Dance doesn't work for evolving Sliggoo. In the anime, it does work. So there is precedent for either way.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:51 AM   #25
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,014
The way I see it: You can evolve a Pokemon once you have necessary evolution conditions. Most of them (items/moves/levels/etc) you can obtain, and then are free to evolve the Pokemon whenever/wherever you want, be it during an adventure or in your Base, or even in the TO thread.

The evolution zones gives you the necessary conditions in the cases where you can't obtain them in your regular playing of FBs. In this case, that's more or less all special location based. I feel like time and weather based should be allowed to happen in zone adventures where the right condition appears (rain for Sligoo to evolve, for instance). The conditions aren't some special thing that requires a specific rain only found in certain places or anything like that. If you aren't allowed to say that it is nighttime at your base to evolve your Eevee, then I'm not opposed to having the option to do so here, as long as the option exists in regular zones as well. I can see some use for a place you can go for the express purpose of quickly evolving your Pokemon if you don't see a way to do so in your zone adventure/don't want to try and shoehorn it in. There's no reason for it to exist in the Evolution Zone if you can just do so in your base/free RPs, though.

I would like to purpose something in regards to the two Pokemon that evolve by having certain things in your party (Mantyke and Pancham). Mantyke is already listed, but Pancham also requires a Pokemon in you party to evolve (in this case, a Dark type). There's discussion of being able to bring your own Remoraid if you own one. In this case, I feel that if you already have all of the 'conditions' to evolve a Pokemon, the Evolution Zone isn't really necessary. So I'd say: Allow people to evolve Mantyke and Pancham like any other Pokemon they have all of the necessary evolution conditions for. If they have another Dark type/a Remoraid, they can just evolve them in Free RP/other zones/etc as they see fit. For the people that don't have those Pokemon, they can come here to meet the 'evolution conditions' without having to obtain the certain Pokemon. It gives people the option to use this zone so they don't have to obtain a Pokemon they don't want, but doesn't force them to come here to evolve them if they already have everything they need.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.