UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: Code Geass

Everyone loves Geass. At Otakon, there was a panel on it and every other place I went to had someone mention how they were dying to see the ending. Unless the dub is so off-the-wall awful, I doubt there will be low sales in that series.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #27
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Everyone loves Geass. At Otakon, there was a panel on it and every other place I went to had someone mention how they were dying to see the ending. Unless the dub is so off-the-wall awful, I doubt there will be low sales in that series.
That makes me a bit glad I didn't say what series beat out Geass for the number one slot - you probably wouldn't have been happy. ^^;
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #28
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I dont really care what show gets #1 or #100. I'm merely stating that a lot of people at Otakon loves CG and his fear of it being a Eva clone (which it isn't even close to from what I heard) is totally unfounded.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #29
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Code Geass is moving more toward Gundam SEED Destiny than it is toward Eva - most of the big name anime studios nowadays have had a trickling influence effect from their most popular shows on newer ones, id est everything since FLCL done by Gainax has an FLCL flavour to it.

Frankly, GSD is worse than Eva but I doubt Sunrise would screw with the show when 00's on the horizon.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #30
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

When do the two episodes air again? Screenshots are starting to appear (leaked?) and they're hillarious!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #31

28th.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Oh wow. What a bitter slap in the face for the Geass fans - these two episodes basically confirmed Sunrise has absolutely no long term goals for the show and is flying off of the seat of its pants. 'tis quite the mess it is.

Whatever, at least my expectations weren't as high as the more ardent fans.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Links to direct download, s'il te plaît? Don't want to download BitTorrent on this new computer until I install Norton.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Well, looks like I made a post in the wrong thread again, so I'll just edit this to fit with the topic. Boy, that CC ass sure is somethin'.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #35
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

No direct downloads right now, needed to get the episodes through torrent. Doubtful that the RAW will get a direct download, so one will have to wait for hardsubs, which should come out by tomorrow. Most likely YOUR-MOM.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you want to be on the lookout for them for me, I'd really appreciate it, but otherwise, don't bother yourself too much. I'll probably try to find it on Youtube between tonight and Monday -- hopefully it'll get up there and I'll see it before Youtube catches on and takes it down.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #37
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'll keep watch, but I'm doing homeworks today (and finishing up the visual novel topic - I lost half of the data last night! =_=) so if something does appear I might be late in reporting it.

Getting the torrents was an arse, though. I thought the more the merrier when it came to leeching and seeding? The various providers have stopped some folks from getting any pieces.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're on top of it too early and suffering the pain of not being one of the lucky winners who gets SuperSeeded to. When torrents are less than 2 hours old (good ballpark estimate), the few seeders will superseed (i.e. dedicate all of their bandwidth to) just a few lucky individuals. Like, we're talking five people, man. Very very few. Those five people, the original seeder HOPES, will then stay around long enough to seed to the entire network until his UL/DL ratio is at least 1.0; when that doesn't happen, the entire process is slowed down. Superseeding is very smart for ensuring that the original seeder ...

a) can ensure that his torrent has multiple people with 100% of the file, rather than having a hundred people who collectively have the file five times over but each individually only has pieces of the file. (#1 is better than #2)

b) can sign off quicker (it takes him 30 minutes to superseed five people; it takes him hours to superseed 100 people; and it would take him way, way too long to seed all 10,000 leeches together, esp. since so many of them are assholes who turn off uploading)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #39
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

YOUR-MOM's hardsubs for 24+25 have come out.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I saw that while trying to find this. I went to Tosho looking for it first and thought it wouldn't hurt to try Geass. And there they were. Now to see if Azureus is friendly or not ...

(AND IF YOU REPORT THAT LINK TO HIRAMEKI, I'MMA HAFTO KILL J00. ;P Seriously, dude, at least hold off until BBB and I get it downloaded. ~_~)
Old 07-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #41
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Successfully downloaded the last two episodes of Season 1. Probably will watch half tonight and the other half tomorrow, we'll see. Wishing you all the very best of enjoyment -- and hoping for myself that it will be as good as episodes 21, 22, and 23 were. (Please! No more shitty Geass! Only good Geass from now on ... please? )

Doppel, this took me around an hour and a half to download, and it's 300 MB. I cringe to think that that means it would take me 15 hours plus to download your visual novel if it had even half the support this torrent has ... and I cringe further when I realize that my torrent only has 8 seeds. @_@ Oh well.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #42
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I found episode twenty four to be quite good, really. Episode twenty five, on the other hand, is a whole different matter. According to some rumours, Sunrise took the long break to re-animate it...I do not believe I have to say anymore than that.

Dopple anticipates a "DO NOT WANT" here in the future.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #43
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Learned something interesting today.

Britannia's calender is ATB, different from our calendar AD which starts from the birth of Jesus Christ (1 AD). Their calendar starts from 43 AD, the date of the first failed Roman invasion of Britain.

Meaning, their calendar is forty two years behind ours: thus, Geass' 2010 is our 2052, and our 2007 is Geass 1964.

Lelouch was born in 2041 our time.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-11-2008, 01:37 AM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

New details are out on the upcoming series, including confirmation of character survivals/deaths and new characters:

http://geass.jp/world_03_ex.html?pid=chara_02.html
Quote:
ãƒ*ãƒ*・ランペルー㠂¸

アッシュフォーム‰å*¦åœ’«˜ç*‰ƒ¨ã«€šã *優しい¢å·®ã—ã®å ‘å¹´ã€‚
ルルーシュの弟〠兄弟の仲はžå¸¸ã« 良い。
Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation by Talon87
Lolo Lamperouge

A boy with gentle looks attending Ashford Academy.
Lelouch's little brother. The relationship between the brothers is extremely good.
Interesting. A, they've invented a sibling for Lulu we've never heard of until now. You could argue it's because he's not that close to Lelouch except for B, they've made it so (and I quote) "the relationship is extremely good between the two brothers." Umm ... Now, you could say he has been overseas and stuff, except C, he has the assumed surname Lamperouge (the same name Lelouch and Nunnally adopted, a name which the King of Britannia is supposed to be in the dark about), and D he's managed to find Lelouch and attend Ashford. So even if he has been overseas, it begs the question of how he could find Lelouch's whereabouts and just drop his former existence for that of an in-hiding Lamperouge. It seems more likely that he's been in Japan this entire time and Sunrise is just expecting is to swallow that.

Still, don't get me wrong -- I'm excited about this character. He looks really [strike:1qzbu378]gay[/strike:1qzbu378] soft and Azumanga Daioh Osaka-ish, but something tells me he's either going to occupy a Nunnally-esque role in this series or he's going to become involved in a contract with another C.C. or V.V.-esque character. It'll be interesting to follow.

http://geass.jp/world_03_ex.html?pid=chara_04.html
I knew C.C. wasn't dead. :P And check out her sexy new outfit!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #45
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

93% chance "Lolo Lamperouge" is actually a cross-dressing Nunally.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #46
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Some information about the nature of the second season! Unfortunately, this information makes me very angry. :x

1. C.C. broke her contract with Lelouch to save both of their lives, in the process stripping Lelouch of his Geass and removing the memories of the Geass from anyone who ever had contact with it. Lelouch likewise no longer remembers he is Zero.
2. For saving Cornelia, Suzaku was promoted to number seven of the "Knights of the Round", Charles di Britannia's personal guard. He occupies Marianne vi Britannia's former slot.
3. Toudou, the Shiseiken, Tamaki and Ougi have all been captured. Zero is considered dead.
4. Lelouch now uses white whenever he plays Chess.
5. Kallen has a part-time job as a bunny-girl waitress for a Britannian noble.
6. Zero's revolution was crushed.
7. C.C. will apparently track down Lelouch and form another contract, giving him a far more powerful Geass (don't know why).
8. Nunally has disappeared, and "Rollo/Lolo" is in her place.

It should be fairly self-evident why these spoilers upset me. Suffice to say, I'll be watching Geass II but I'm already holding a prejudice against it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #47
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The only things that upset me about it are:

a) how deus ex machina-ey it is to suggest that C.C. can just, on a whim, absolve the contract and EVERYONE forgets that Lelouch is Zero. Forgetting about the details of the Geass, sure, but suggesting that they forget about the Geass's usage's consequences (such as Zero, or Euphemia, etc.) ... wtf.

b) What about Suzaku and V.V.? One can only assume that they formed a contract, and that Suzaku's memories of the contract would intrinsically relate to his knowledge of "Lelouch the Geass-user who is now Zero." So ... if he were to forget all about Lelouch's Geass ... anyway.

c) How do they explain Euphemia's insanity + death, then?

d) If C.C. wants to absolve the contract, fine; BUT THERE OUGHT TO BE PENALTIES! It's a bit dumb to say, "We're entering a contract. You can't back out, but I can. And if I do, nothing bad happens." Um ... that's not a "contract," then. That's a completely one-sided relationship.

I guess that's a lot of complaints. o.o

Anyway, in the end, this news confirms something we already suspected around the "2/3 of the way done"-point for Season 1: Sunrise is playing by ear (so to speak), creating the show as they go along and doesn't have the slightest CLUE where they want to take it.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:18 AM   #48
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Pretty much. It irks me to no end that "Geass II" is basically a reset of Geass I, with a few minor differences. Not to mention Lelouch has to climb a mountain now if he wants to take over Japan, which he apparently does in a record amount of time since he's supposed to take on the world in this season. And he does this without Larkshata and Diethard (who are on the run), Toudou, the Shiseiken, and the rather skilled grunts Ougi and Tamaki. He's still got Kallen, but she no longer has Guren Nishiki to aid her. I think C.C. has the ability to bestow different types of Geass onto people, and now that Lelouch is "free" she's going to give him the most powerful one she can.

On the subject of V.V., he seems to have disappeared. Most seem to think he didn't contract with Suzaku, he just told Suzaku the truth of the Geass. Euphie's death is apparently going to be ruled out as a bout of sudden madness.

Also, photos.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #49
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Karen looks so ugly in Row 5 Column 2 of that picture grid you submitted. :x Dammit I hate it when animation quality fluctuates between scenes so badly that even the basic character design is muddled!

Funny thing is, I've already seen the video you gnabbed these pictures from, so I guess I should have picked up on some (though not all) of the things you had mentioned. For example, watching this video hardly suggests that Lulu's got amnesia about his days as Zero, but it certainly does suggest something I had overlooked -- he's switched from playing Black to playing White. What does this mean? Is it really an important symbol; or are the fans just reading too deeply into a 50-50 arbitrarily-made decision by Sunrise?

I remember watching this video and thinking it was odd that they should Marianne in a way that seemed to strongly suggest she was still alive (and in her own body, no less). I mean, the whole "C.C. + Marianne" thing I was beginning to buy by the end of S1, but now that we're seeing more and more of her in her own body, I can't help but begin to wonder if Sunrise intends to pull some crazy resurrection move.

I forgot to mention (and it's something you hadn't touched on above), but a lot of the new pictures of Suzaku show him looking like a real arrogant asshole. Like pre-insanity Jeremiah on Arrogance Steroids. It's upsetting, really, since I was never very satisfied with how Sunrise attempted to maintain his character as a sympathizable antagonist but I was still holding out hope for a good development or two. Instead, it looks like we'll be jumping into Season 2 with Suzaku's evolution into "the bad guy" fully complete, i.e. Sunrise couldn't fucking find a way to do it properly (something they'd struggled with for the 25 episodes prior) so they just said "Fuck it" and advanced his character to that stage with all the interlude material cut out.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #50
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

More info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewType
Li Xingke (CV:Hikaru Midorikawa)
(Chinese guy seen at the end of Geass I)
Bio: As smart as Lelouch but as strong as Suzaku.

Anya (CV:Yuuko Gotou)
Night of Rounds No. 6

Gino (CV:Souitirou Hoshi)
Night of Rounds No.3

Lolo (CV:Takahiro Mizushima) (Romeo&Juliet Romeo)

Knightmare Frame Mordred (Anya's)
Knightmare Frame Tristain (Gino's)

Lancelot apparently upgraded to "Guren-Lancelot".
Notes:

1. The Chinese fellow looks exactly like Lelouch, sans short hair.
2. New Lancelot looks unmistakably like Gurren-Lagann, except in Knightmare Frame form. Hence my nick-name for it.
3. Lolo is male, and appears to be an illegitimate child of Marianne vi Britannia.
4. I guess Nunnally was killed by V.V.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime