UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #26
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 585
Cortoza Updates - Set Twenty-Three

Ex-Admiral Insane: Having decided to trust the woman’s Kirlia over your own most-likely-faulty memory, you tell her to lead the way. And ask her her name.

“Oh, uh, I’m Sam,” she says, turning to follow her Kirlia. “And that’s Abby.” Abby twirls to face you and curtsies before spinning around to continue guiding the three of you. “Yeah, I…always figured it was a Psychic-type thing.” She shrugged. “At least, that’s how it’s been in my experience.”

The three of you pass trees as you follow Abby, looking around for some trail or path that leads upwards. Nothing shows up, though, so you continue on. And on. And on. It reaches the point where Sam asks Abby, “Are we getting any closer?”

Abby slows to a stop and turns around, frowning. She holds out one hand and ‘walks’ the other one towards it, but the one ‘walking’ stalls somewhere in the middle and doesn’t reach the stationary hand, even as she indicates that the ‘walking’ hand is still moving.

Sam makes a frustrated noise. “Any idea how we can get there?”

While Sam and Abby discuss the situation, you take a moment to glance around. It’s been pretty monotonous so far and this place looks the same to you. Same old trees. Same old path. At least, it all seems the same to you, but as you look around, your surroundings…flicker and change into another, very similar pattern. Almost as though you were in a game and the game glitched for a moment.

You glance at Rags to see if he noticed and he clearly has, but Sam and Abby seem to have been distracted by their discussion.

What will you do about this?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)


~!~

Missingno. Master: You send Meowth to explain the situation to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind before giving Kyle his next set of orders. Kyle takes aim at Pele and ends up missing a red-horned Larvesta that managed to sneak up on him. The Bug-type Bites down hard on Kyle’s leg and he yells in pain, the ball of Flame going wide and Bursting over the cluster of Bugs. Most of them shake it off as several of the red-winged Volcarona attempt to throw some kind of Powder in the air, but it quickly burns up in the leftover heat of Kyle’s attack.

Some of the gold-winged Volcarona flap their wings, whipping up a Silvery Wind that buffets Kyle, though it doesn’t stop him from forming a long strand of Fire. He whips the strand out over the red and gold Bug-types, Lashing at the pink one in particular, and the pink Volcarona shakes its head as Pele narrows her eyes. She retaliates with a loud Buzzing noise, the sound of a large Bug flying, and it slams into Kyle, who only ducks his head and weathers it. A gold-horned Larvesta takes advantage of Kyle’s distraction and Leeches some Life from him, though it doesn’t seem to do much damage to Kyle.

Pele then summons some kind of Ancient Power and lifts several rocks in the air, preparing to toss them at Kyle, but Kyle Lashes out with his whip again and she flinches, throwing the rocks in his direction to try to stop him from attacking again. Kyle manages to dodge about half of them, but one lands dangerously close to you, sending your heart racing.

Kyle is breathing heavily when you finally manage to turn back to him, looking a bit battered from trying to hold his own all by himself. Pele watches him wistfully, eyes still burning, and says, “I haven’t seen a Pokémon fight so hard against so many in…many, many years.” She looks directly at you. “He does your heart justice.”

---

Meowth:

Meowth runs back to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind and explains the situation as you know it to them. The trio’s eyes widen upon learning that you weren’t chosen by Pele, but they exchange looks when they hear how you pleaded with Pele to spare the village. The moment they hear Pele outright refused your plea and you decided to fight her for the village, Ieni turns to Blitzwind and barks, “Go!”

Blitzwind hesitates. “But—“

Ieni shakes his head. “There’s no time. You have to warn everyone else and, without me, you can leave the trails.”

Blitzwind hesitates a moment longer and then dips his head. “You will be remembered,” he says and bolts down the mountain.

Sunfire moans and drops her head. “We’re all gonna die. We just haven’t been burned yet.” She glances over at the lava pit. “Do you think it’ll hurt?”

Ieni presses his lips together, and looks over at Meowth. “I was told a story once by some of the priestesses they call crazy. They said our sacrifices and festivals gave Pele power and she used to use that power to protect us from the volcano.” He glanced over at the lava pit as it inched its way upward. “These days, they say the sacrifices were a pointless waste of life and the festivals take too much from us, so it’s better that we stopped doing them. But, now…” He looked over at the battle going on between Kyle and Pele. “Now, I wonder.” He paused and exhaled. “Pele is a fire spirit, a goddess of fire, and fire needs something to burn. She would never admit that she was losing power…but the last time I heard she fought someone herself was when the demons from the sea held her people hostage until she could hold the volcano back no longer and it exploded, burying most of the invaders and almost all of her people in ash and fire. It was said that she was so furious and so weakened that she was forced to slay the remaining invaders herself, but that she moved like lightning and danced like fire. Afterwards, she threw her remaining power into the eruption and slept for years, trying to forget.” He turned to Meowth. “If she won’t stop the eruption, then I think she can’t. And with a big earthquake on the way…” He exhaled again. “Either she loses her hold now or later, but we probably won’t be around to know.”

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,775
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Ex-Admiral Insane: Having decided to trust the woman’s Kirlia over your own most-likely-faulty memory, you tell her to lead the way. And ask her her name.

“Oh, uh, I’m Sam,” she says, turning to follow her Kirlia. “And that’s Abby.” Abby twirls to face you and curtsies before spinning around to continue guiding the three of you. “Yeah, I…always figured it was a Psychic-type thing.” She shrugged. “At least, that’s how it’s been in my experience.”

The three of you pass trees as you follow Abby, looking around for some trail or path that leads upwards. Nothing shows up, though, so you continue on. And on. And on. It reaches the point where Sam asks Abby, “Are we getting any closer?”

Abby slows to a stop and turns around, frowning. She holds out one hand and ‘walks’ the other one towards it, but the one ‘walking’ stalls somewhere in the middle and doesn’t reach the stationary hand, even as she indicates that the ‘walking’ hand is still moving.

Sam makes a frustrated noise. “Any idea how we can get there?”

While Sam and Abby discuss the situation, you take a moment to glance around. It’s been pretty monotonous so far and this place looks the same to you. Same old trees. Same old path. At least, it all seems the same to you, but as you look around, your surroundings…flicker and change into another, very similar pattern. Almost as though you were in a game and the game glitched for a moment.

You glance at Rags to see if he noticed and he clearly has, but Sam and Abby seem to have been distracted by their discussion.

What will you do about this?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)
The woman had introduced herself to him as Sam’. “Lucas,” he reciprocates. The party continued their path amongst the trees, passing boulder and shrub one after one another with what appeared to be a lack of variety in scenery. The group had moved minutes, hours maybe even, but appeared to be getting no close to the peak. At least, not as far as they could make out from their current position. Their endless journey was eventually met with a question from the woman Sam, who asked her Kirlia how far they were managing to get. The Kirlia halted for a moment to lend her psychic energies to the environment, exploring the paths up ahead once more. She revisited Sam’s question with a motion. Holding up one arm to represent the path and peak of the mountain, the Kirlia let her other arm make walking motions up the length until it reached the middle where it stayed in place despite the walking motions. Sam didn’t have to translate this. Lucas understood. He gazed around at the scenery, hoping perhaps to find some sort of landmark or clue as to where they were or how to proceed. Everything around them seemed the same a bit; the same trees, the same sky, the same boulders and ground. He scanned the horizon once more when his vision momentarily faltered. Or so he initially thought.

The environment flickered. It was only briefly, but it was there, and then it remedied itself back in the same pattern.

“Gall?”

“Yeah,” he answered, “I saw it too.” Looking back at Abby and Sam, he found the two were still discussing their procession up the path so far, having not noticed the same glitch as they had. Lucas decided to make use of this time for a cigarette break. He distanced himself from the group for a while as he tried to contemplate what was going on.

“Gall?”

“Yeah, we’re not in Kansas anymore I don’t think. Question is then, where are we and how did this happen?” He took a drag from his cigarette. “I get the idea it’s no accident we’re being held off. There’s a reason we’re not advancing, don’t ya think?” he blew with a puff of smoke.

“Gall-ade?” Rags wasn’t too sure himself.

“Well someone or something must be responsible for this. And my best guess is that that glimmer we saw earlier might have something to do with it.” He took his last puff and trampled the butt under his soles. “Sam,” he called out to the woman. “Rags and I think we were right about the other path leading up to the peak. We’re going to go in that direction. You do whatever you want.” It was only a partial lie. Lucas didn’t know for certain whether that path was correct. Hell, for all he knew that path would have the exact same problem as this one, halting them midway their trek. But Lucas was interested in finding out whatever he could, and figuring out whether the strange phenomena affected only this path or both might be a step forward in the right direction either way, even if it’d mean he’d have to take two steps back first.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future


Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:22 AM   #28
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Missingno. Master: You send Meowth to explain the situation to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind before giving Kyle his next set of orders. Kyle takes aim at Pele and ends up missing a red-horned Larvesta that managed to sneak up on him. The Bug-type Bites down hard on Kyle’s leg and he yells in pain, the ball of Flame going wide and Bursting over the cluster of Bugs. Most of them shake it off as several of the red-winged Volcarona attempt to throw some kind of Powder in the air, but it quickly burns up in the leftover heat of Kyle’s attack.

Some of the gold-winged Volcarona flap their wings, whipping up a Silvery Wind that buffets Kyle, though it doesn’t stop him from forming a long strand of Fire. He whips the strand out over the red and gold Bug-types, Lashing at the pink one in particular, and the pink Volcarona shakes its head as Pele narrows her eyes. She retaliates with a loud Buzzing noise, the sound of a large Bug flying, and it slams into Kyle, who only ducks his head and weathers it. A gold-horned Larvesta takes advantage of Kyle’s distraction and Leeches some Life from him, though it doesn’t seem to do much damage to Kyle.

Pele then summons some kind of Ancient Power and lifts several rocks in the air, preparing to toss them at Kyle, but Kyle Lashes out with his whip again and she flinches, throwing the rocks in his direction to try to stop him from attacking again. Kyle manages to dodge about half of them, but one lands dangerously close to you, sending your heart racing.

Kyle is breathing heavily when you finally manage to turn back to him, looking a bit battered from trying to hold his own all by himself. Pele watches him wistfully, eyes still burning, and says, “I haven’t seen a Pokémon fight so hard against so many in…many, many years.” She looks directly at you. “He does your heart justice.”

---

Meowth:

Meowth runs back to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind and explains the situation as you know it to them. The trio’s eyes widen upon learning that you weren’t chosen by Pele, but they exchange looks when they hear how you pleaded with Pele to spare the village. The moment they hear Pele outright refused your plea and you decided to fight her for the village, Ieni turns to Blitzwind and barks, “Go!”

Blitzwind hesitates. “But—“

Ieni shakes his head. “There’s no time. You have to warn everyone else and, without me, you can leave the trails.”

Blitzwind hesitates a moment longer and then dips his head. “You will be remembered,” he says and bolts down the mountain.

Sunfire moans and drops her head. “We’re all gonna die. We just haven’t been burned yet.” She glances over at the lava pit. “Do you think it’ll hurt?”

Ieni presses his lips together, and looks over at Meowth. “I was told a story once by some of the priestesses they call crazy. They said our sacrifices and festivals gave Pele power and she used to use that power to protect us from the volcano.” He glanced over at the lava pit as it inched its way upward. “These days, they say the sacrifices were a pointless waste of life and the festivals take too much from us, so it’s better that we stopped doing them. But, now…” He looked over at the battle going on between Kyle and Pele. “Now, I wonder.” He paused and exhaled. “Pele is a fire spirit, a goddess of fire, and fire needs something to burn. She would never admit that she was losing power…but the last time I heard she fought someone herself was when the demons from the sea held her people hostage until she could hold the volcano back no longer and it exploded, burying most of the invaders and almost all of her people in ash and fire. It was said that she was so furious and so weakened that she was forced to slay the remaining invaders herself, but that she moved like lightning and danced like fire. Afterwards, she threw her remaining power into the eruption and slept for years, trying to forget.” He turned to Meowth. “If she won’t stop the eruption, then I think she can’t. And with a big earthquake on the way…” He exhaled again. “Either she loses her hold now or later, but we probably won’t be around to know.”

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor)
Meowth's explanation seemed to rectify Ieni's lack of context about the situation, but did nothing to inspire hope of any sort. Ieni's first and immediate response was to tell Blitzwind to go and wrn the villagers. Without him. And Sunfire moaned that they were all going to die, which elicited a fearful whimper from Meowth.

Ieni then went on to tell Meowth what the priestesses told him. The priestesses that were called crazy by the other villagers, but right now, Meowth wasn't inclined to think them crazy at all. Thus far, the crazier and more ominous things that were said of Pele seemed to turn out to be true. According to Ieni, it was the sacrifices and the festivals that gave Pele the power- not to cause volcanic eruptions or earthquakes, but to protect the village from them. Pele, he said, was a fire spirit. And fire needed something to burn. But the last time Pele ever fought someone herself was when she lost control of the volcano, and in her anger, slew whatever intruders the volcano didn't render extra-crispy. It was Ieni's opinion that if Pele wasn't going to stop the eruption... it wasn't that she refused. It was that she was powerless to do so.

"So dat means dis battle ain't gonna accomplish squat..." Meowth murmured to himself. "All dey's doin' is makin' her even weaker- KEITH! KEITH!" he shouted.

~~~

As Pele complimented both Kyle and Keith, they were rather surprised. All they'd ever heard from Heatran while fighting it were the same tired death threats again and again... Pele was seeming less and less like that as the battle went on.

"Well, Kyle here is a special kind of tough," Keith said to Pele. "He and I have been through a lot together... I thank you for your kind words. But if this battle will achieve what I hope it to, then we both know, failure is not an option! Kyle, use-"

"KEITH! KEITH!"

"Meowth?" said Keith, turning his head, confused. "What the-"

"Stop! Call off da battle!" Meowth exclaimed. "It's doin' more harm den good!"

"What do you-" began Keith.

"We had it backwards from da start!" interrupted Meowth. "Ieni's sayin- Pele's a fire spirit, a fire goddess, and fire needs sometin' ta burn! It ain't dat she won't stop all dis from happenin'- it's dat she can't! It's da festivals and whatnot dat gives her power- she ain't just demandin' dem fer an ego boost, she needs dem like we need food and water!"

Keith's eyes widened. "...So battling her isn't going to stop a thing?" he said.

"Except maybe our lives a lot sooner den dey would'a stopped," said Meowth weakly.

"Oh, geez," groaned Keith. "Is there any hope at all?" he asked desperately. "Ask Ieni if he's got any ideas- even if it's just some crazy hunch! Because right now, we got nothing, and if we're really staring down death right now, I'll take a crazy hunch over nothing!"

Meowth nodded. He turned back to Ieni, relaying Keith's question. Something. Anything that might work, that might give Pele the power she needs to spare the villagers. Even if it's just some crazy hunch, it still beats admitting defeat.

"Mor?" Kyle called to Keith.

Keith shook his head. "There may not be a point to this battle after all, Kyle," Keith replied. "We both may have read the situation wrong. No more attacking. But if the Larvesta and Volcarona don't back down, shield yourself with Protect, and try and tell them we don't intend to continue fighting."

"Heat mor," nodded Kyle. He wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but he trusted Keith completely. If he was telling him to stand down, for sure he had a damn good reason.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-20-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #29
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 585
Cortoza Updates - Set Twenty-Four

Ex-Admiral Insane: You take a moment to figure out what exactly you want to do about the flicker in the world and you decide that, for whatever reason, you’re being stopped from heading up. You take a leap and tell Sam and Abby that you’re planning on heading the other way on the assumption that it might at least lead you somewhere further.

Sam glances over when you call out to her, looking frustrated, and she nods. “Yeah. I dunno what’s going on, but it doesn’t look like we’re gonna get any further going this way.” She sighs. “We’ll follow you the other way.”

As you turn to lead the way back, you blink and…it’s abruptly cold. And bright. And there’s…snow? Moving snow. A bunch of vulpine heads turn your way as the Alolan Vulpixes notice you, but you blink again and you’re back on the path with Rags, Sam, and Abby. Last time, you were by yourself when it happened and you saw the man under the full moon; this time, it seems like no one else saw the snow and Alolan Vulpixes. Rags has noticed that something’s happened, but he doesn’t seem to know what.

Still, you lead the way back, retracing your steps, and it feels like it takes you almost no time at all to walk back to the cave. You continue past it and towards the path to the left, dark probably-rock walls rising up on either side until the only light comes from the full moon above and Abby’s Flash floating along with you.

As you walk, you begin to hear a low…something—maybe murmuring?—but it quickly resolves into some rhythmic chanting coming from somewhere ahead of you. Sam and Abby don’t notice as they close the distance, walking almost on your heels as they huddle closer together. You can see the end of this corridor, shadows flickering across the rock wall as though in firelight, and you pause to take a look around before walking out into the open.

The corridor opens up into a bowl-shaped area with a crowd of people standing at the base of what you recognize as the altar. The torches are lit and the fires flicker as the chanting continues. At the top, the man with the feathered headdress spreads his arms wide under the full moon, saying something that you can’t make out.

Sam peers around the corner and her brow furrows. “What is this?” She studies the scene for a few moments and frowns. “I don’t see any way to climb the mountain, but there’s gotta be something here. Why else would the path lead here?”

Why indeed. What will you do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)


~!~

Missingno. Master: With Meowth bringing you the bad news, you tell Kyle to stand down and ask Meowth to ask Ieni for any ideas on how to stop it. The Larvesta and Volcarona regroup as you do so, but don’t move to attack.

Pele turns her burning gaze to Ieni with a rueful sigh. “I hadn’t expected anyone to still remember the old tales, though I doubt there’s anything he’ll remember that’ll help. They’ve forgotten so much…” She mostly sounds like she’s talking to herself, but she isn’t exactly being quiet.

Sounding desperate and stressed, Ieni yells back that none of the stories he remembers hearing from the priestesses said anything about how to give Pele a quick burst of power. He glances around a bit frantically and says that maybe healing Pele’s Pokémon form might help? It’s connected to her, so it could maybe give her energy?

Sunfire nudges him and whispers something, but you’re too far away to hear what she says. Ieni stares wide-eyed at her, then at the rising lava and Pele, before shaking his head, responding vehemently to whatever she’d said.

Barely a moment later, a rumbling rolls through the air and the ground begins to move. Ieni and Sunfire stumble as they try to keep their footing, but the earth jerks and they fall. Same goes for you and Meowth as the ground jumps, knocking the two of you down. Kyle has to fall to all fours to keep steady, but he glances over at the lava pit in worry. The lava roils and bubbles, but mostly remains in the crater, though it slowly creeps ever closer to the lip. Pele closes her eyes and frowns, brow furrowed as she…does something.

The earth’s shaking and shivering goes on for a bit longer and slowly settles back down. Pele exhales and opens her eyes. “A precursor to the larger earthquake.” She looks out towards the sea and grimaces. “I won’t be able to hold that one, but there is…something I may be able to do.”

She turns to you. “That necklace my priestess gave you. Give it to the boy. He listened to my priestesses, though he may not have believed them. He knows what he is charged to do.”

Ieni stares wide-eyed at Pele as he takes the necklace you give him before dropping to one knee and bowing. He says he doesn’t think that he would do much to help, but if she says he must, then he will.

Pele scoffs and tosses her head. “It is too late for sacrifices, child. I need someone to remember what happened here, to remember why the festivals and sacrifices were needed. When I lose the volcano, there will be…more than enough to keep me going until the people return, but it will all repeat itself unless the people remember. That is what I need you to do.”

Ieni nods, relieved, and says that he and her other chosen priestesses can do that. They’ll make sure that all who return remember.

“Good.” Pele nods decisively and turns back to study you. “Traveler. I know not who brought you here—though I have my suspicions—but I believe you were meant to be here. To…witness the end of an era, as it were.” She grimaces before her expression smoothes out. “The dance of the world continued despite your arrival with nary a misstep and that is all the evidence I need. A gift.” She nods at you and motes of red-gold light gather into a ball at around chest height. You stick your hand out and the light settles into your hand, coalescing into one of the red-orange-gold pendants that Keahilani and the older priestess were wearing. “Wear it and recall your Pokémon. There is not much time.”

Seems like there’s something special about the pendants, but it doesn’t sound like you’ll have an opportunity to ask. Doesn’t seem like you’ll have a chance to check on the rest of the villagers either, from the way Pele’s talking. Will you take her at her word?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Missingno. Master: With Meowth bringing you the bad news, you tell Kyle to stand down and ask Meowth to ask Ieni for any ideas on how to stop it. The Larvesta and Volcarona regroup as you do so, but don’t move to attack.

Pele turns her burning gaze to Ieni with a rueful sigh. “I hadn’t expected anyone to still remember the old tales, though I doubt there’s anything he’ll remember that’ll help. They’ve forgotten so much…” She mostly sounds like she’s talking to herself, but she isn’t exactly being quiet.

Sounding desperate and stressed, Ieni yells back that none of the stories he remembers hearing from the priestesses said anything about how to give Pele a quick burst of power. He glances around a bit frantically and says that maybe healing Pele’s Pokémon form might help? It’s connected to her, so it could maybe give her energy?

Sunfire nudges him and whispers something, but you’re too far away to hear what she says. Ieni stares wide-eyed at her, then at the rising lava and Pele, before shaking his head, responding vehemently to whatever she’d said.

Barely a moment later, a rumbling rolls through the air and the ground begins to move. Ieni and Sunfire stumble as they try to keep their footing, but the earth jerks and they fall. Same goes for you and Meowth as the ground jumps, knocking the two of you down. Kyle has to fall to all fours to keep steady, but he glances over at the lava pit in worry. The lava roils and bubbles, but mostly remains in the crater, though it slowly creeps ever closer to the lip. Pele closes her eyes and frowns, brow furrowed as she…does something.

The earth’s shaking and shivering goes on for a bit longer and slowly settles back down. Pele exhales and opens her eyes. “A precursor to the larger earthquake.” She looks out towards the sea and grimaces. “I won’t be able to hold that one, but there is…something I may be able to do.”

She turns to you. “That necklace my priestess gave you. Give it to the boy. He listened to my priestesses, though he may not have believed them. He knows what he is charged to do.”

Ieni stares wide-eyed at Pele as he takes the necklace you give him before dropping to one knee and bowing. He says he doesn’t think that he would do much to help, but if she says he must, then he will.

Pele scoffs and tosses her head. “It is too late for sacrifices, child. I need someone to remember what happened here, to remember why the festivals and sacrifices were needed. When I lose the volcano, there will be…more than enough to keep me going until the people return, but it will all repeat itself unless the people remember. That is what I need you to do.”

Ieni nods, relieved, and says that he and her other chosen priestesses can do that. They’ll make sure that all who return remember.

“Good.” Pele nods decisively and turns back to study you. “Traveler. I know not who brought you here—though I have my suspicions—but I believe you were meant to be here. To…witness the end of an era, as it were.” She grimaces before her expression smoothes out. “The dance of the world continued despite your arrival with nary a misstep and that is all the evidence I need. A gift.” She nods at you and motes of red-gold light gather into a ball at around chest height. You stick your hand out and the light settles into your hand, coalescing into one of the red-orange-gold pendants that Keahilani and the older priestess were wearing. “Wear it and recall your Pokémon. There is not much time.”

Seems like there’s something special about the pendants, but it doesn’t sound like you’ll have an opportunity to ask. Doesn’t seem like you’ll have a chance to check on the rest of the villagers either, from the way Pele’s talking. Will you take her at her word?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor)
As Kyle ceased his attacking, things looked promising- the Larvesta and Volcarona, while they did regroup, made no effort to attack Kyle. It seemed as though their fighting was purely in defense of Pele.

Not that things were going that well in any other aspect of this situation, of course. Ieni had basically nothing... he did suggest that possibly healing Pele's physical form might power her up.

"Healing Pele's Pokémon body!" Meowth said to Keith. "Dat's Ieni's idea- dat might actually work! Please tell me ya brought Rubeus wit youse!"

Keith gave a nod, but before he could even reach for the Ground Ball on his belt, there was a loud rumble, and a sudden movement of the ground. Everyone present struggled to keep their balance, with varying degrees of success. And it seemed to only be through Pele's efforts that the shaking was brought to a stop.

...except, according to her, this was but a precursor to the main attraction. She could hold this little quake back, but the big one... nothing doing. That said, she did have an idea in mind, something she could do. She told Keith to give the necklace- which had in fact been from a priestess, as Keith had guessed- to Ieni. Even if Ieni didn't believe the priestesses, he did listen to them, and therefore, would know what to do. That said, however, Ieni seemed to think that what he was to do was sacrifice himself. Pele scoffed, stating that it was too late even for sacrifices to do the trick. What she needed was someone to remember. Someone to ensure history didn't repeat itself. Relieved, Ieni gladly agreed to this. Keith gave Ieni a small smile, though a somewhat sad one- he really had hoped he could've done something to help. Save the village.

But now was not the time to dwell on this- Pele was now addressing Keith. She reiterated that she didn't know who brought him to this time. She had her suspicions, though, and she believed he was meant to be here, to witness the end of an era. It seemed as though his presence here altered nothing in the grand scheme of things, which was kind of disheartening to Keith, though he couldn't deny- he had rather enjoyed his time spent in this time period. She then gave him a gift- or rather, created one for him. A red-orange-gold pendant, just like what Keahilani and the priestess were wearing. Keith was instructed to wear it, and to withdraw his Pokémon, as time was short.

Keith nodded, putting on the pendant. He could have sent out Rubeus at this point, but... that plan was a desperation move more than anything, and moreover, if that really would've worked, he was pretty sure Pele would have said something to that effect, rather than seeming to try and brace them for the worst. Pele... the more Keith saw how she acted, the more he realized just how vastly different she truly was from that Heatran in Mt. Aduro. She used her powers, not to harm or kill, but to protect. Volcano deities came in al sorts of flavors, didn't they?

"Kyle, come back now," Keith said, holding out the Level Ball and withdrawing his Heatmor. Then, he plucked a seldom-used Poké Ball off his belt and turned to face the feline on his shoulder. "Meowth-" he began.

Meowth nodded. "If anyting's gonna qualify as an emergency, dis'd be it," he stated.

Keith nodded back. "Glad you understand," he replied, pointing the ball at the Normal-type. "Meowth, return." And just like that, Meowth was back in his ball. And so, if there was truly anything to these pendants, and he had the feeling that there was indeed something to them, then both he and Ieni, he knew, were to be alright. Already he knew there must be something to them, for the one he brought to the top of the mountain, that did enable him and Ieni to bypass that strange barrier... who knew what else it was capable of? So he was confident that they were all going to-

Sunfire. Keith turned around to look at the Ponyta. She didn't have a pendant of her own, nor a Poké Ball of any kind to be safely withdrawn into. Was she gonna be OK? Would she survive this? He had to find out- he'd taken as much a liking to Sunfire as he had to Ieni and the rest of the villagers. He approached the Ponyta, then turned back to Pele. "Is there a way I can protect her as well?" he asked, gesturing to Sunfire as he spoke. If it was as simple as sitting on Sunfire's back, that's what he'd do. After all, the pendant's previously revealed special power- enabling passage through that barrier- seemed to extend to those the wearer was in physical contact with. Would it be the same for this? And if not, Keith had a backup plan- as he was encouraged to withdraw his Pokémon for their safety, it only made sense that plan B would entail taking out a Poké Ball and encouraging Sunfire to take refuge within.


OOC: Poké Ball, if indeed it gets used, is #2 of 5.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #31
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
134: Deciding that the only way to retrieve your Houndour or check on her is to follow her in, you take a deep breath, brace your hands on the wall as best you can, and shove your head through the rock. It…pretty much feels like you just shoved your head into jello. Or chowder. At least it isn’t wet or sticky. It doesn’t feel like you’ve reached the other side yet, either, so you lean a little further aaaand your hands sink into the rock as you feel yourself start to fall. You stumble forward and manage to catch yourself, blinking as you take in your new surroundings.

It’s dark. Like it’s a new moon night or the middle of a forest or a park with no streetlights. It…looks like you’re in some kind of clearing? You can tell it’s circular, though you’re not sure if it’s walls or tree trunks or what defining the edges. You’re also having trouble figuring out if those darker patches are just deeper shadows or pathways out of this area.

Something nudges up against your leg and you jerk back, heart racing. Had Pahalo and Kauka followed you through? Or was it something else, something from this shadowy dark place? You risk a glance down and faintly make out a pair of eyes looking up at you with something else behind it.

…it turns out to be Pouli. Relieved to have recovered your Pokémon, you try to feel your way back to the wall you’d entered from, only to find solid rock. Hmm, maybe it was only a small area that let you through? You feel along the wall, but it’s all solid rock. You call to Pahalo and Kauka and they respond, sounding muffled but fine.

Well, that’s a problem. Looks like that wall’s a one way door. What will you do?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby, Mandibuzz)
Well... that's concerning. Like, super concerning. Finding Pouli alive and well is great and all, but being stuck on the inside of a magical rock, with ostensibly no way out, immediately sends Tate into a state of panic. Beginning to hyperventilate, Tate loses all sense of reason for a few moments. They were totally going to die in here, weren't they?!

Pouli was much more calm than her trainer. She stood near Tate until the initial shock wore off, and Tate regained some faculty. Looking down into the darkness at Pouli, Tate heaved a harsh and tense sigh.

"Pouli, can you give us some light?" Tate requested, hopefully. "Maybe... you could summon a will-o-the-wisp?"

Pouli barked in the affirmative. While the Houndour worked on -- hopefully -- procuring them some light, Tate considered the next most imminent issue: Pahalo and Kauka were on the other side of the stone. They were alone, and while Pahalo could probably take care of things and fend off any would-be assailants, Tate still didn't like the idea of leaving them alone. They could follow their trainer through the stone, perhaps, but then... they'd be stuck here too. And if Tate didn't find them a way out, they'd die here as well. Did Tate want to risk dooming the two birds? The answer was no.

"Pahalo," Tate yelled, so that the sound could carry through the rock. "If Pouli and I don't return by nightfall... I want you and Kauka to return to the base. Okay?!"

Somewhere on the other side of the stone, Pahalo hissed in what Tate could only assume was agreement. Sighing again, Tate ran one hand through light brown hair. Here's hoping for the best...
__________________
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #32
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,817
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

~!~

Gemini Spark: The vandal’s eyes narrow at your taunt, but he gets himself under control quickly. He then frowns and sighs, shaking his head a bit disappointedly, though he makes sure not to take his eyes off you or your Pokémon. “Mom did say that people like you didn’t know how to negotiate. It’s a shame; I heard things like this are all the rage right now.” He opens his fist to show you some kind of opalescent sphere. There’s a dark bit running right through the middle of it, something kind of rectangular? It’s hard to tell what exactly he’s showing you, with the rain and all, but he tucks the sphere back into his pocket before you finish identifying whatever it is anyway.

“Not like I’d be short on it, but, hey.” He shrugs, just this side of mocking. “Double of nothing is nothing, right?” He leans to one side and taps his foot on the ground again, before nodding decisively. “That being said, you wanna fight, let’s fight. Houndoom, Thunder Fang.”

Lightning wreathes the Houndoom’s Fangs as it darts towards Rengar, closing its jaws on air with a boom like Thunder. Rengar just barely dodges the attack, catching only sparks which flicker momentarily over his fur. That actually gets him out of range as the ground near you shudders. Vi turns, alarmed, as you stumble back and she moves to get you out of the way. Not quickly enough, it turns out, as the Earth erupts with enough Power to throw both you and Vi in opposite directions. You, at least, hit solid ground, even if solid ground means the cliff wall. Vi, on the other hand, ends up dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. Thankfully, she rolls back to more solid ground and leaps to her feet, looking somewhat ruffled and a bit muddy but fine.

Well, that was rude. How do you respond?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)
“Mom did say that people like you didn’t know how to negotiate," the vandal said towards Hyrem's snarky comments. "It’s a shame; I heard things like this are all the rage right now.” He opened his hand to reveal something, but all Hyrem could make out in the rain was that it was a small spherical object with something running through it, not of any real significance to him at the time. “Not like I’d be short on it, but, hey. Double of nothing is nothing, right?” he taunted back before assuming a stance ready for a Pokemon battle. “That being said, you wanna fight, let’s fight. Houndoom, Thunder Fang.”

Once the order was given, Houndoom charged towards Rengar with teeth crackling with Electric energy, but Rengar was able to dodge away and only receive a partial hit from the residual electricity. The real danger came from the next attack as the Earth shook under Hyrem's feet, and Vi looked to grab her trainer and save him from the attack, but the Power of the attack came too quickly, sending both Hyrem and Vi flying, the human right up against the wall and Vi being thrown precariously close to the cliff, though she recovered before it got worse. Still, that cliff was definitely something to keep in mind as they battled, and Hyrem's gaze was on the Magcargo, that Pokemon was likely the source of the attack.

"Ugh, so that's how they're gonna play this," Hyrem muttered to himself as he picked himself up and dusted off his pants. "Time to synch up and battle then." Looking to his Pokemon, he gave his orders, "Rengar, go Disable that Magcargo's latest attack, keep it from doing that for a while! Then Fling your item at the Houndoom and try to throw it off! Vi, feel free to Bulk Up to make yourself a bigger threat before Bulldozing your way through that Magcargo!"

A smirk then became visible on Rengar's face; those attacks were certainly ones he himself thought of doing, but he wouldn't simply follow this trainer's orders blindly, instead doing so just to play along in an effort to put this other human in his place after attacking them with such a pathetic underhandedness. Not that he was averse to such petty tactics; in fact, it was because he had employed such tactics himself from time to time that allowed him to see it coming so easily, and his beating this Houndoom would prove that he was the better at dirty battling.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.