UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #26
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
how do i upn

Yeah I'd love my UPC 'mon to make it into the general population, no problems here. Though like Bal, I'd like to update the moves... not that I think there were too many that came in with Gen VII, of course.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #27
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Okay cool! Bal, if you'd want to, post a change log of what moves you're adding and anything else you're doing to modernize to gen 7. Dave has said on discord he'd just add in Liquidation, Smart Strike, and Psychic Fangs to GUilliobyss and Placarmor. If the community is fine with these additions I'd say allow dave to edit them into the move pool then message the mods.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #28
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels
 
Muyotwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,309
As the original voice of dissent on the UPC Pokemon being actually introduced into FB, I feel as though I should point out that a number of FB members would not want UPC mon to start cropping up in general FB universe. I would be quite annoyed if I had a zone encounter or egg hatch "wasted" on something that really isn't a Pokemon, so if they are going to be released more broadly, I would prefer it be in a sort of Fakemon "Opt-in" option. As it is now it's easy to go about your own business in FB without giving much thought to Fakemon unless it's something you're really interested in pursuing, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.
__________________
The Kim Il Sung of ASB.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #29
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 619
I must agree with Muyo. While I have nothing against UPCs, encounters should be on an opt-in, not opt-out, basis.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #30
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,249
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Perhaps have the UPCs limited to being in a certain, specific zone, along with other real Pokemon? Keeping a UPC zone is an easy workaround for muyo's issue, in that if you don't want a UPC you just don't go to the UPC zone, while still allowing for them to be obtainable and to have opportunities for real wild encounters and whatnot. The only issue I can see arising from this is that it does have the potential to be as dead as a duck's doornail if there's not enough interest in people having the UPCmons.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #31
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,171
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
We have a few ideas in the work about that, but the consensus among the mods right now is to agree with Muyo and find solutions that allow for opting in.

Even though I don't get it.
__________________




Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #32
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,485
This might be unnecessary... but I just want to officially add my voice to the list of people who are against UPC mons. It already detracts enough from the immersion for me just knowing that Fakemon exist within the "universe" and that people have them - an idea from Tess-FB that I find completely jumped the shark. Shadow Pokemon and alternate colored Pokemon I can live with, but Fakemon is just a total turn off.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #33
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Patches
I figured I'd add my voice as well. I'm also one of those people who isn't into UPC Pokemon. After I returned I had to do a lot of reading in an attempt to catch up on everything that has changed since I left. That was one thing that I immediately disliked. So much so that I skimmed the idea behind it, barely glanced at two of them, and then proceeded to quickly leave the thread and push it out of my mind because it was ruining my immersion.

I do, however, acknowledge that a lot of work must have gone into each of them. They just aren't my thing. At all. So if they must exist, I would most definitely prefer a way of at least opting out of having to encounter them.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #34
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Re: UPCMon

I legit don't understand how they harm Fizzby considering they are part of Fizzby's worldbuilding and are member made entities. Even if you opt out of wanting to own one, you'll still have to RP with them in Free RP eventually. Whatever, even if you don't want them at least help out those of us who do want them in trying to get them into the open. I still feel the system should be an opt-out instead of an opt-in one, but either one is fine tbh.

ANyways, Shadow Pokemon. I saw this being discussed in discord briefly and don't remember the discussion, so I will present my own ideas on what I did see. Credit to whoever originally brought forward the idea. Basically, I want to introduce three new Pokeballs that are related to them.

Agate Ball- A Pokemon made of old stone and petrified wood. Filled with the purification energies of Agate Forest, Shadow Pokemon in these balls purify at double standard rate. Pokemon in these balls also gain Happiness faster.

Cipher Ball- Corrupted Pokeballs created by Cipher, Pokemon caught in these Pokeballs are corrupted turn into Shadow Pokemon. These cannot be used on currently owned Pokemon.

Snagem Ball- Pokeballs fashioned after Team Snagem, these balls make it so Shadow Pokemon purify at half the normal rate. However, they will be completely tame. This Pokeball increases the catch rate against Shadow Pokemon as well.

Thoughts?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #35
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 619
Lit, I like your ball ideas, but I'd still like a way to turn previous owned Pokémon -- for example, starters -- into Shadows.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #36
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,608
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
>UPCmon
I haven't added my opinion to this yet but I'm siding with what the last few have said in that I'm against the broad release of FakeMon in FB. The idea behind UPCmon was to add a small and fun competition in which members could show their creativity and ideas. It was never, as far as I could tell, meant to be core mechanic that characterised FB. Players got their FakeMon in FB as a reward for their hard work and congratulating them.
The UPCmon were further sterilised to prevent them from becoming widespread (as the majority of FB should be built around the existing Pokémon world) - I am against this however as I feel the member itself should get to choose if they can share their creation with others or not. For that reason I would be in favour of allowing FakeMon to be breedable (with the possibility that it's offspring is sterile like Manaphy/Phione) - that way, the creator will retain the ability to choose who to share their creation with and opt in and out of that decision at will. As for in-zone encounters; I'm fine with that as long as they're not necessarily catchable, but this should be done with an opt-in system along with ZU discretion. Similar to how MM came across a MissingNo; it wasn't actually a Pokémon but the updater granted him an encounter because it suited MM's character, and after that the MissingNo became a Pokémon like any other, although with a unique backstory.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
ANyways, Shadow Pokemon. I saw this being discussed in discord briefly and don't remember the discussion, so I will present my own ideas on what I did see. Credit to whoever originally brought forward the idea. Basically, I want to introduce three new Pokeballs that are related to them.

Agate Ball- A Pokemon made of old stone and petrified wood. Filled with the purification energies of Agate Forest, Shadow Pokemon in these balls purify at double standard rate. Pokemon in these balls also gain Happiness faster.

Cipher Ball- Corrupted Pokeballs created by Cipher, Pokemon caught in these Pokeballs are corrupted turn into Shadow Pokemon. These cannot be used on currently owned Pokemon.

Snagem Ball- Pokeballs fashioned after Team Snagem, these balls make it so Shadow Pokemon purify at half the normal rate. However, they will be completely tame. This Pokeball increases the catch rate against Shadow Pokemon as well.

Thoughts?
Not only do I approve of these ideas, I even have designs for the Cipher Ball and Snagem Ball, from back when we were doing this short-lived discussion on new Poké Balls, prior to Tess and Co. stepping down.


Snagem Ball


Cipher Ball
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #38
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
>UPCmon
I haven't added my opinion to this yet but I'm siding with what the last few have said in that I'm against the broad release of FakeMon in FB. The idea behind UPCmon was to add a small and fun competition in which members could show their creativity and ideas. It was never, as far as I could tell, meant to be core mechanic that characterised FB. Players got their FakeMon in FB as a reward for their hard work and congratulating them.
The UPCmon were further sterilised to prevent them from becoming widespread (as the majority of FB should be built around the existing Pokémon world) - I am against this however as I feel the member itself should get to choose if they can share their creation with others or not. For that reason I would be in favour of allowing FakeMon to be breedable (with the possibility that it's offspring is sterile like Manaphy/Phione) - that way, the creator will retain the ability to choose who to share their creation with and opt in and out of that decision at will. As for in-zone encounters; I'm fine with that as long as they're not necessarily catchable, but this should be done with an opt-in system along with ZU discretion. Similar to how MM came across a MissingNo; it wasn't actually a Pokémon but the updater granted him an encounter because it suited MM's character, and after that the MissingNo became a Pokémon like any other, although with a unique backstory.
Well Kuno actually owns a MissignNo. So w/e. If people want them then they should be free to have them. With old winners there is a reason I asked them in thread if they wanted the community to have them.

Anyways those are cool MM.

Re:Tate. There could be a way but I honestly don't really want that. But it can be a thing.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #39
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,038
I'd say make UPCmons obtainable for people who want them (with the creators permission). If people don't want to catch/hatch/find in zones, then make it something that can only happen if a person expressly wants it.

So either:
1. If a person doesn't own a UPCmon or have one on their wishlist, they cannot catch one in a zone. Unless they own, have on wishlist, and/or state that they are fine encountering UPCmons, updaters treat UPCmons as not existing (IE, they can't show up in the zone at all, catchable or otherwise).
Or
2. Create a special zone where the Pokemon exist and are available for capture. If you enter the zone, you are saying that you are fine with encountering them.

I prefer the first option, because it doesn't require a separate zone with separate updaters that is also for a very niche purpose, but the second one is still an option.

Eggs will depend on how exactly they are obtainable/what kinds of eggs become available, but as far as hatching goes, you can either make it a separate egg, or a special modifier for an egg. Have a UPC only egg containing all available UPCmons, or make it so you can pick up a "Fire Core Egg+" which contains any fire UPCmons in addition to the usual Pokemon. That way, if you don't want to hatch them, you just don't pick up the special egg/add the modifier.

It should be noted that you can do the exact same thing for Shadow Pokemon, if people would also prefer to not run into those.

This doesn't stop people from seeing the Pokemon in free RP areas/tournaments/any special group RP events/etc, but frankly trying to prevent people from using their hard earned Pokemon (especially since the only ones who have them at the moment are the ones who created them) is really shitty. They exist in FB canon, just like the unique moves and items that have been created over the years. To be clear, I'm all for making it so that you don't have to deal with them in zones and hatches if you don't want to, but I am vehemently opposed to people's dislike of "fakemon" negatively impacting their owners' ability to use them.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #40
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
I'd say make UPCmons obtainable for people who want them (with the creators permission). If people don't want to catch/hatch/find in zones, then make it something that can only happen if a person expressly wants it.

So either:
1. If a person doesn't own a UPCmon or have one on their wishlist, they cannot catch one in a zone. Unless they own, have on wishlist, and/or state that they are fine encountering UPCmons, updaters treat UPCmons as not existing (IE, they can't show up in the zone at all, catchable or otherwise).
Or
2. Create a special zone where the Pokemon exist and are available for capture. If you enter the zone, you are saying that you are fine with encountering them.

I prefer the first option, because it doesn't require a separate zone with separate updaters that is also for a very niche purpose, but the second one is still an option.
If we were to consider one of these two options I would personally prefer to stick with them having their own zone. I haven't signed up to do it yet but I may choose to become an updater in the future. If they are available in every zone then I would inevitably have to include them in my writing for someone that wants one. And if having them in every zone is what the community decides then I will, of course, respect that and do it without complaint, however, it will take away some of my own enjoyment in updating. I'm not sure how the others who aren't fans of them would feel but personally I just don't want to have to be the one to come up with a plot that includes UPC Pokemon when I've already openly stated I'm not a fan. The inevitable role play when my character encounters other players who own them I can deal with. But having to actually sit down and come up with a plot for them, I'll do it if I have to, but I won't have as much fun.

The only way to avoid this smoothly would be to have a separate zone for them so that the people who are updating for that zone are all people who actually want to update using those Pokemon. Only other way would be to have some updaters make it clear that they won't be including those Pokemon in their updates but this would get unorganized and hectic pretty fast. I also wouldn't want someone to not want me to be their updater because I won't get them the Pokemon they want. Which is why I'd ultimately just do it even if it takes away from my enjoyment a bit. So yeah, I really think having their own zone is for the best.

Edit: Also, I wanted to add that I feel it is much more simple that way too. This way no one has to clarify anything because if you are in that zone then you obviously want to run into those Pokemon and if you aren't then obviously you don't. If they're everywhere then people have to make it clear they are opting in or opting out and ZU's have to keep track of who it is that wants them and who it is that doesn't. It's so much easier to just have it straight forward by having a specific place where you go and encounter them.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Patches; 05-16-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #41
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
If we were to consider one of these two options I would personally prefer to stick with them having their own zone. I haven't signed up to do it yet but I may choose to become an updater in the future. If they are available in every zone then I would inevitably have to include them in my writing for someone that wants one. And if having them in every zone is what the community decides then I will, of course, respect that and do it without complaint, however, it will take away some of my own enjoyment in updating. I'm not sure how the others who aren't fans of them would feel but personally I just don't want to have to be the one to come up with a plot that includes UPC Pokemon when I've already openly stated I'm not a fan. The inevitable role play when my character encounters other players who own them I can deal with. But having to actually sit down and come up with a plot for them, I'll do it if I have to, but I won't have as much fun.

The only way to avoid this smoothly would be to have a separate zone for them so that the people who are updating for that zone are all people who actually want to update using those Pokemon. Only other way would be to have some updaters make it clear that they won't be including those Pokemon in their updates but this would get unorganized and hectic pretty fast. I also wouldn't want someone to not want me to be their updater because I won't get them the Pokemon they want. Which is why I'd ultimately just do it even if it takes away from my enjoyment a bit. So yeah, I really think having their own zone is for the best.

Edit: Also, I wanted to add that I feel it is much more simple that way too. This way no one has to clarify anything because if you are in that zone then you obviously want to run into those Pokemon and if you aren't then obviously you don't. If they're everywhere then people have to make it clear they are opting in or opting out and ZU's have to keep track of who it is that wants them and who it is that doesn't. It's so much easier to just have it straight forward by having a specific place where you go and encounter them.
The thing is, if a person writes an intro to a zone and has a UPCmon on their wishlist, the updater doesn't have to make it a reward or include them in the adventure.

Don't want to write a plot with a UPCmon as the star/reward? Don't. Write one about the Caterpie they also have on their wishlist instead.

Don't want to include UPCmons at all? Don't. No one is expecting every adventure to contain a UPCmon in some way for those that are open to them appearing. You don't have to have a trainer with a UPCmon as part of your story just because they said they are okay with them being in their adventures. They are just saying that they are giving you the option.

Don't want to have any UPCmons in the adventure at all, even the one(s) that person already owns? Wishlist only contains UPCmons? Either suck it up and do it, don't update them and let another updater do it, or talk to the person who wrote the intro. A simple "I'm not really comfortable writing about UPCmons. Would you be okay adventuring without using your UPCmon/having something else as a reward, or do you want to wait for another updater to pick you up?" would likely solve that issue. You are probably going to run into it at some point, whether UPCmons are only catchable in one zone or not.

I would say, as for who is opting in/out, that an assumption that they are opting out unless otherwise stated (like the fact that their wishlist contains UPCmons) would be simple enough.

Like I said, I don't like having a dedicated zone for it as much, but I'm not opposed to it.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #42
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Personally I'm not a big fan of making UPCmon publically accessible. Breedable, yes, by all means. But wild encounters kinda take away some of the unique magic of them IMO, something the creator made specifically to represent his/her "dream 'mon". *shrug* But what do I know, I've never even entered since I don't have any huge desire for a particular made-up creature, as fun an imaginative project it would be. If they are to be encountered through RPing I think I'd favor the idea of a dedicated Zone, like some kind of nature preserve for extremely rare species. Perhaps it can be a seasonal thing too, like a special event ŕ la the Alolan Egg Hunt for those who wish to participate.
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,520
I think UPCmons should be breedable by default. As for other ways to find and obtain them... First off, it should be limited only to those who wish for their creation to be shared with FB in such a manner, and second, it should be restricted in such a way that FB members who don't want anything to do with UPCmons don't have to deal with them. I have one idea for now- UPC Eggs. However we get Eggs, I think an Egg should be possible that contains only UPC winners that their creators agree to allow to be available to others. And if it's offered to players, it should always have a non-UPC alternative to choose from.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:38 AM   #44
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,182
@Shadow Pokemon Discussion:

First off, I'll throw in my hat for the new Shadow Ball variants, but... no offence, M.M., but those don't seem to match the aesthetic of the group they take their names from. Granted, it's a bit difficult to use Cipher's default color scheme without looking suspiciously like a Timer Ball, but it's possible to use one of the higher-ups' color scheme. Nevermind, I just caught that you were aiming for Nascour's color scheme. Now I feel silly. As for the Snagem Ball, shouldn't the dusty red be more prominent? At this point I feel like I'm trying too hard to be critical, but eh. Hopefully I had some helpfulness?

The Agate Ball seems like it has a few options for it. First off, the village itself is just gorgeous, with the potential for a green/blue/gray color scheme. The Relic Stone we as gamers know it for may also be gray and green, but in somewhat darker shades (ironically). Lastly, and perhaps most unlikely, is the color scheme of the old man that keeps that stone safe. Can't forget about Eagun and his old-timey purples and blues, now can we? Of course, whichever route you decide to take, try to make it look as non-threatening, yet still identifiable, as possible. Not that I think you need the reminder, of course!

~ ~ ~

Now, that wasn't the main reason I came here this evening. Rather, I'm here to discuss the possibility of letting shadow pokemon do the things- that is, Mega Evolve and use Z-Moves. Now, Tess was vehemently against letting them do so by virtue of Mega Evolution being all rainbows and sunshine, and I had written up a draft refuting that point. I decided not to post it at the time for some reason I can't remember, but I figure now's as good a time as ever to dredge it up again.

Quote:
The Me of January (I think)
I didn’t expect to have to bring up my own viewpoint on the functioning of Mega Evolution and Z-Power, yet here we are. Keep in mind that I haven’t actually played a game beyond Diamond, so I may have something wrong even though I feel pretty confident that I know what I’m saying here. Okay, so…

As far as Mega Evolution is concerned, I don’t believe the word ‘bond’ means a whole lot. After all, you could capture a Lv. 10 salamence towards the beginning of Sun or Moon, toss it immediately into the Box to collect dust, pull it out a year later, slap a salamencite onto it, and voila: you now have your own Bloody Crescent for not even a full minute of non-confrontational interaction. Because of this, I feel like ‘bond’ is used here more like our tendency to link everything and its mother here FB- it just cares that both stones and the right species are all together in the same place. And this lack of genuine care has been supported time and time again: the Mega Lucario episodes of the anime show us something quite far from everyone’s favorite aura canine hyped up on the Power of Friendship, the afore-mentioned Mega salamence’s pokedex entry specifically states that is likely to turn on its own trainer regardless of how close they are (not unlike shadow pokemon, to be honest), and poor aerodactyl is under constant pain while in its Mega-evolved state! It isn’t all that surprising, either- we know that the original batch of mega stones were created from the fallout of death energy from when the Ultimate Weapon was fired. Because of all this, I don’t believe that shadow pokemon should be excluded from being able to Mega Evolve- there just doesn’t seem to be any precedence for it.

Z-Moves are in much the same boat as Mega Evolution, in that the emotional connection doesn’t seem to really matter at all. Granted, we don’t know anywhere near as much about it as we do Mega Evolution, but it doesn’t change the fact that Frustration!Breakneck Blitz exists. Again, I don’t believe that shadow pokemon should be outright barred from using this power… though they logically shouldn’t use it due to the chance that they’ll use a different attack and waste your one Z-Move per battle.

Now, if we do all settle down and agree to let this be a thing, there is one last point I need to make. At this juncture, we don't really know what or why Z-Crystals are, so it would be wise of us not to create a Shadowium-Z until GF finally decides to divulge this information. It just seems like the safest thing to do on the matter for the time being.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #45
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,520
For the Cipher Ball, I not only went for Nascour's design, but also that of XD001, so it works on multiple levels, I think. And as for the Snagem Ball... I'm not sure. I do see what you mean about making the rusty red more prominent, but I still kinda feel like it works as the band around the middle of the ball. I fear that if I make the bottom half rusty red instead, it'll look too much like an upside-down Poké Ball or something, I dunno.

Anyway, a few questions regarding what we will or won't be changing about Shadow Pokémon moving forward.

1: Are we keeping the universal "50% chance to disobey" rule? My opinion, perhaps we could replace that with the chance to go into Hyper Mode when using a Shadow move. It could work like in the games- high chance of disobedience when a non-Shadow move is ordered, high crit rate on Shadow moves, has to be cured by wasting an entire turn to call out to the Shadow Pokémon. And if we go with this and implement the Snagem Ball, it could simply minimize the chances of going into Hyper Mode instead of guaranteeing tameness.

2: Any thoughts on purification moves? As it stands there's not much incentive to purify Shadow Pokémon. I know we were discussing this a while back, and were thinking of allowing purified Shadow Pokémon to learn a small selection of moves picked from a pool of what purified Shadow Pokémon in XD got as unique moves. I like this idea, personally, though if I may suggest something... what if we were allowed to replace each Shadow move it knows with a purification move, but only for four Shadow moves? If it has more than four Shadow moves, the rest are replaced with the option of learning any TM or MT- that is to say, ANY TM or MT, regardless of compatibility? Maybe even an Advanced Move? So for example, a purified Shadow Weezing that knows Shadow Rush, Shadow Storm, Shadow Down, Shadow Blitz, Shadow Half, and Shadow Hold could learn Refresh, Helping Hand, Heal Bell, Charm (unique purification moves), and... Ice Beam (incompatible TM)? String Shot (incompatible MT)? Blast Burn (incompatible Advanced Move)?
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #46
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
@Shadow Discussion-

>Balls

I am in favor of all three types of Poke Ball that Lit suggested, and also I do like the designs MM has of the Snagem/Cipher balls. In regards to the Snagem ball, I actually don't think the red needs to be more. It may not be as true to the team's colors, but the current design to me at least captures the gritty feel of the team being metallic looking with the harsher straight lines (ignoring that they are curved somewhat because of it being a ball). Idk I may not be articulating myself well enough. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
1: Are we keeping the universal "50% chance to disobey" rule? My opinion, perhaps we could replace that with the chance to go into Hyper Mode when using a Shadow move. It could work like in the games- high chance of disobedience when a non-Shadow move is ordered, high crit rate on Shadow moves, has to be cured by wasting an entire turn to call out to the Shadow Pokémon. And if we go with this and implement the Snagem Ball, it could simply minimize the chances of going into Hyper Mode instead of guaranteeing tameness.
I really like this idea. I don't really have much to add to it, but I really like it.

In that same vein actually, I brought it up on discord and the mods said they'd discuss it, but I want to bring it up here since we're kind of on the subject of modifying shadow rules. Of the few who currently have or want shadows, what do you think about the rule preventing shadows from learning TMs/CMs?

I'm of the opinion to get rid of it, since we're already not following Colo/XD and keeping shadows from leveling up & such. The only reason I can see that it exists (in my eyes at least) is to try to "balance" shadows. Considering that shadows are already a rare case and also that this is not supposed to be some competitive game or anything, I don't really see a point to it. But that's just me. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
2: Any thoughts on purification moves? As it stands there's not much incentive to purify Shadow Pokémon. I know we were discussing this a while back, and were thinking of allowing purified Shadow Pokémon to learn a small selection of moves picked from a pool of what purified Shadow Pokémon in XD got as unique moves. I like this idea, personally, though if I may suggest something... what if we were allowed to replace each Shadow move it knows with a purification move, but only for four Shadow moves? If it has more than four Shadow moves, the rest are replaced with the option of learning any TM or MT- that is to say, ANY TM or MT, regardless of compatibility? Maybe even an Advanced Move? So for example, a purified Shadow Weezing that knows Shadow Rush, Shadow Storm, Shadow Down, Shadow Blitz, Shadow Half, and Shadow Hold could learn Refresh, Helping Hand, Heal Bell, Charm (unique purification moves), and... Ice Beam (incompatible TM)? String Shot (incompatible MT)? Blast Burn (incompatible Advanced Move)?
I like giving an incentive like this to purify shadows, but does it necessarily have to then get rid of the shadow moves? I might be a minority opinion in this, but I personally see a lot of RP potential in having a purified Pokémon "wake up" from the shadow mindset and then find they have a memento of that time in still knowing how to do the shadow moves. Also outside of the RP opportunities, it's then a way for the (at this point ex-)shadow to have an extra bit of uniqueness.
__________________
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,520
I kinda like that- retaining the Shadow moves. It doesn't follow how the games work, but then again, as you've pointed out, that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, sank, and had a movie made about it.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:10 AM   #48
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,182
The retaining thing is actually something similar to what I wanted to do with a potential shadow of my own- have it 'fill up the purity meter' so that it is effectively a normal pokemon in terms of personality and ideals, but decide against actually opening the door in favor of keeping the Shadow Moves. So, I guess I'm in favor there.

As for the purification pool, I've got a confession to make: I've only used two of them, and even then mightyena's Heal Bell was more of a panic button than anything actually significant. Granted, I have done an ex-shadow mawile whose Sing was a major character sign elsewhere, but... As a whole, I haven't been too fond of the selection. That being said, if we do decide let Shadow Burn, Freeze, and Shock be available to all shadows, then the trio's signature Purification Moves (Extrasensory, Metal Sound, Haze, and Will'o'Wisp) should be added to the pool as well. Similarly, Featherdance and Psycho Boost's fates should hinge on whether or not Shadow Blast is allowed. I won't repeat my opinion on that one, though.

As for the Hyper Mode shenaniganry... I'm on board with that. It would've been the best aspect of the shadow project in Colosseum if it weren't for the fact the only move that benefitted from the increased crit rate was a crappy one with recoil damage, and its replacement in XD... was just plain annoying to deal with. If we decide to go through with this, then the New!FB formula would have the best of both worlds- I, for one, have no problem with that!
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #49
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,608
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So one of the next things we’re going to look into are Fakemon and the annual Ultimate Pokémon Competition. There was some debate on how these were going to continue in the future as well as the various aspects associated with them. Below I have outlined the old rules I found from 2014 and the changes we’re proposing for the UPC. Please, even if you have no comment or criticism, provide your opinion on the matter so we can more accurately judge where the community stands on this.

Old Rules
01) Only registered members may enter this competition.
02) If you have won this competition before you may not enter this year's competition.
03) You may submit a previous entry, or you can create something entirely new.
04) You may create a pre-evolution OR an evolution of a current Pokémon if you believe it to be viable.
05) You must submit both normal and shiny pictures of your Ideal Pokémon, and its evolutions if it has any, with its statistics.
06) Sprites are a preferable addition, but not necessary.
07) You must submit a FULL moveset including Gender Ratio (percentage of male to female), Classification, Type, Height, Weight, Evolution Chain if it has one, Ability based on those available in the games, Flavour Text, Egg Group, and a full set of Level Up, Egg, Move Tutor Moves, HMs and TMs. Base Statistics will be a nice addition, but not necessary.
08) When thinking of what you'll need to add, believe you are creating something new for the next generation of Pokémon and make it as detailed as possible. The more you add, the better your entry will be.
09) You may NOT make the Pokémon too powerful. If we believe you're adding too many overpowered moves your entry will be disqualified when they are put to the public vote.
10) Please be original. No Digimon, Neopet, or other animé copies will be accepted. This is supposed to be your Ideal Pokémon, so be creative.

Proposal, Changes
1) Exclusivity: The winner of the Ultimate Pokémon Competition may be the only one to own the Pokémon in question for one full year (until the next UPC winner has been elected). After this year, the owner may freely breed the UPC Pokémon and hand-out the offspring to whomever they want. The offspring themselves cannot breed. In this way, the owner still retains the decision on the exclusivity of the UPC Pokémon.
2) Zone Encounters: UPC Pokémon winners may be encountered in zones and may be captured. An encounter (and capture) in a zone requires the approval of three people: the zone updater, the adventurer and the original creator of the UPC Pokémon. In this way, only those who freely want to be able to encounter UPC Pokémon will have that option. UPC Pokémon caught this way cannot breed. (See poll-question #3 below)
3) New Gen Movesets: the mods will do their best to have the UPC occurring after the release of a new generation/game allow for old winners to update their Pokémon’s movesets. New movesets will require mod approval first though.
4) New stats: In a similar vein, some generations might add new mechanics to Pokémon such as when Hidden Abilities were introduced. Just like with movesets, creators will be given an opportunity during the next UPC to write out the status of this mechanic for their Pokémon. Note: Not all new mechanics such as Mega Evolutions or Fairy-typing will be made as available changes to old UPC winners.
5) Pinaclsaur: Pinaclsaur will not be made an official UPC Pokémon. Freely giving out official statuses to Pokémon people like will diminish the value of the UPC.
6) Rule 4 will be scrapped: No (pre-)evolutions of existing Pokémon may be made. This was never much of a problem in past iterations of UPC but it may become a problem in the future with the increasing complexity and unpredictability of GameFreak’s pseudo-designs such as Mega Evolutions, Alola Forms and (pre-)evolutions of already existing Pokémon.
7) Alternative forms: Similarly, no alternative form of a different Pokémon may be entered (such as Alola-form) as those will be kept for a potentially, different competition. You may also not provide an alternative form of your own UPC Pokémon alongside the original UPC entry and split-evolutions will be forbidden for the time being.
8) Rule 9 will stay intact: Please also provide a short description/comparison of your Pokémon to other Pokémon so everyone knows its strengths.
9) Voting will always be done in private and no polls will be publicized in order to avoid “strategic voting”. You are meant to vote for the UPC Pokémon you like the best, not the winner you hate the least.

Poll/Questions
1) Are the changes, as presented, acceptable?
2) Do you want to make any other changes or additions to the old rules?
3) How do you want to handle zone captures/encounters of UPC Pokémon? There are currently three options (though you can come up with others if you have a great idea):
A) They can be encountered in the existing zones we have.
B) We create a zone where UPC Pokémon can be caught.
C) We have both.

Please provide a full response
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #50
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 624
I am just going to say that I am vehemently against UPC appearing in any zones. For starters, I don't think they are the slightest bit necessary to FB, but that aside, since they already exist, they should belong solely to the individuals who thought them up and won them in the past contests. I have absolutely zero intentions of them ever showing up in the CG, obtainable or not. Additionally, I feel that they should 100% be unbreedable.

While I'm going to try and respect people's wishes to have fakemon in their own personal stories, I would like in turn that those people respect the wishes of others like myself to have a Pokemon roleplay experience with as few deviations to the canon Pokemon universe as possible.

My final point is that I think there are things we should be looking into instead of fakemon right now, such as, making better/more opportunities for people to level up their Pokemon.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.