UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest

Old 04-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Ritual One: Sypher First True Steps

Ritual One: Sypher First True Steps

Roughly three kilometers outside of Viridian Village, a small grove of evergreen trees interlaced with the occasional oak or birch. A stream bisects the area as it finds it's was down from the mountains to the west. A deep sage colored moss grows along the exposed stone that acts as shore,
assuring a solid footing to those who might approach.

Thunk! Thunk!

The sound of an axe echoed rithmically through the grove as a young fellow swung away at a grand oak. This tree inparticular rose around three meters before the trunk diverged before continuing up anotherfive. The split lacked the typical rounding, instead taking a semi-circularity at the base of each half.
Indeed years prior a monsterous thunderstorm left it with this battle scar. But dispite how ever much the oak had endured, age had finally set in.

"You know I would have loved to see all the things you've witnessed," Sypher said taking a break. "We'll get your returned to the earth in no time at all. And until then you will provide a fantastic home to some Pokemon just like you once did. Hey, Thyme! How goes the berry collecting?" Turning around Sypher saw his partner Thyme the Chikorita stumble out behind a shrub carrying a basket three-quaters filled with small woodland fruits.

"Chika!" the little green Pokemon yelled as she darted over toward Sypher, spilling most of the basket's contents as she moved.

"Careful, Thyme. We're gonna trade those for tonights dinner." he said.

The gleeful grind present on Thyme's changed briefly to that of shock then to a wobbling frown and water began to gather under her eyes. "Chikuh!!" she began to cry as Sypher reached out patting her leaf to comfort her.

"Hey everythings okay... it was just an honest mistake. And look most of the berries are right here near us. So lets pick up what spilled out, then we'll take a break."

After recovering their losses, the duo meandered over to the stream to eat lunch and rest. Thyme found a spot the seemed perfect. A small opening in the tree line allowed the sunlight to pore in on a shallow stretch of the stream. A large flat top rock rose just next to the waterline. Sypher placed the axe and basket down next to the rock and took a seat on top. Removing his pack then his gloves, he reached inside retrieving a packet of Cornn Berry Pokefood for Thyme and a couple of sandwiches for himself.

As the duo ate Sypher's mind slipped back to his time at home, specfically to the week of his seventeenth birthday. This was the back when Thyme was still an egg. Here he lived in a village far to the north of Kanto in a Celtic Tribe. His father was the village forgemaster partnered whose Sceptile choped the wood for the forge. Sypher's mother worked with her Meganium to as a medicine woman while he wass trained to be an ritualist (or arcanist by outsider terms).

A lite breeze blew down the stream dislodging the seeds of a dandilion flower. Thyme excited by the floating white fluff began chasing puff after puff. Sypher smiled remembering that Thyme was still quite young. Leaning back, he returned to his memories. Sypher could almost feel the crisp winter air the morning after heavy snowfall that left snow up to the knees of the villagers. He remembered the smell of Oran Berry pancakes and Bluk berry syrup and the tune Sceptile played on it Grass Whistle as it looked out to the deep snow. Then the sound of a sharp rapping on the door as the Village Elder's messanger came bearing news of a vision involving him.

"Chika! Chicka!"

Sypher snapped back to reality as a paniced cry from Thyme rang out.
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

His reminiscence broken by a Thyme's frightful cries, Sypher was jolted back into reality. Hopping to his feet, he took a prepared stance, intensely wary of his surroundings as he swiftly located the panicking Chikorita. Back in the direction of the colossal oak, Thyme was slowly shrinking away from what appeared to be an elderly lady. With one final cry, the Chikorita could face no more of the woman's menacing approach, and she turned tail, fleeing to hide behind her trainer's feet. Unfortunately, this drew the woman's attention to Sypher, and given his experiences with his own elders, he knew the look on her face all to well.

"YOU THERE!" she shrieked. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO MY FOREST!?" Having locked onto her target, she took off down the hill towards the stream at a breakneck pace for her age. Her viridian scarf flapped in the wind, entangling with some of her grey hairs that had escaped her sloppily thrown together bun. The closer she got, the angrier her face become. Her nose was so scrunched it practically met her down-turned mouth. Sypher could hardly make out her eyes due to her fierce, bushy eyebrows being so furrowed that they practically blocked off her eyesight. Nevertheless, the woman managed to make a beeline straight for the relaxing trainer, allowing him to notice the dirt caked onto her overalls and undershirt, revealing years of hard, messy work. Once she was at the edge of the stream, she stopped, and for a couple moments, she stood perfectly still, glaring daggers into Sypher's icy eyes. Naturally, she was the one to break the silence.

"No one...and I mean...NO. ONE. Takes an axe to my trees and gets away with it," she threatened, grasping something in her right hand. With a swift click, she released a small bipedal bear cub in front of her. The crescent headed Pokemon raised its hands above its head, growling its fiercest at Sypher and Thyme. Despite its inherent adorableness, it was trying it's best to appear as intimidating as its trainer, who clearly was too riled up for anything but enacting her idea of swift justice.

"Bartholomew! Scratch! Scratch! PUNISH THEM!"
Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Sypher feinted terror, humoring the little cub as it rushed at him. "You're true menacing, you crescented brute! "Hey Thyme, can you come over here and save me. Use your Grass Whistle to knock him out." He then skirted around the Teddiursa, and slowly approached it trainer. He notice the all to clear signs of a lifetime of hard work on the aged woman, and with her stern, angered face he knew he had crossed some line.

"Mam, I feel there has been some sort of misunderstanding. I never intended to do any harm to this forest... your forest. And to be truthful, I hadn't any clue that this WAS your forest. I thought it was merely the wild." he explained, trying to calm her. He pointed to the problem oak. "If you'll notice that tree is dying and could fall at any point. One bad storm and it will fall. That happens and there is no telling who could get hurt. That's why I was taking an axe to it. So that it would fall in a controlled manner, straight towards that clearing." He motioned to where Thyme had been gathering berries. "If you could call off your Teddiursa, I'm sure we could come to a much more peaceful solution." he said with a smile, hoping his appeals had made some sort of impact.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest