Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Location: the chamber i built where all the robots scream at you
Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
I cannot escape Eliteknight. I have made peace with my fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax presents: The Disgusting Level 1 Squad

Polyp the Male Corsola
Hidden Power: Fire
Bio: Polyp was bred by a marine biologist who carried out experiments on kelp, seaweed, and other aquatic plant life. Needing a specialized assistant, the biologist bred Polyp so that his physical makeup was closer to leafier sea plants as opposed to coral. Due to his kelpiness, Polyp was able to comb the sea floor for samples with ease. Much science was accomplished as a result. So. Much. Science.
Signature Training: The Anemone Within
Polyp is now a Water/Grass type, with associated changes in weakness and resistance save for a retained weakness to Ground and a neutrality to Steel. Polyp has learned how to use Horn Leech, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and Energy Ball. Polyp retains familiarity with the Rock type, but loses all of his Rock-type moves save for Rock Tomb and Stone Edge. Polyp has also forgotten how to use Blizzard, Explosion, Self-Destruct, Light Screen, and Reflect.

Blasto the Female Remoraid
Hidden Power: Rock
Bio: Blasto has so much love to give. Whenever she meets someone new, she plants a big ol' kiss right on their mug. But Blasto knows she has more love to offer to the world, so she's made her kisses a bit more potent.
Signature Training: Fish Lips
Blasto has learned how to use Draining Kiss, and has the standard amount of Fairy offtype energy with which to use it.

Trilby the Female Anorith
Hidden Power: --
Bio: Living close to the ocean all her life, Trilby always appreciated her species' Water-type familiarity. She's really let her love for water influence the way she battles; not to an extent where she would give up her Rock or Bug characteristics, but certainly to an extent where she feels less threatened by Water energy. Trilby also collects antique mason jars.
Signature Training: Aqueous
Trilby now receives neutral damage from Water-type attacks, at the cost of Electric-type attacks now doing super-effective damage.

Larry Jr. the Male Onix
Hidden Power: Psychic
Bio: Larry Jr. prefers to coil around his prey to bind them, but is always upset when they wriggle away before he can chow down. He's tapped into his latent psychic energies in order to combat this.
Signature Training: Dreadsnake
Larry Jr. can use the sleep-inducing version of Hypnosis, and has the off-type to do so up to twice per battle, using solid instead of good energy to perform the maneuver.

Denata the Female Pinsir
Hidden Power: Psychic
Bio: As sharp as Denata's teeth are, she prefers not to have to deal with chewing through tough skin in order to get the gooier parts of her food. Thus, she's developed a nutcracker-like ability to crush opponents with her pincers.
Signature Training: Walnut Buster
Using the pincers atop her head, Denata can perform Crush Claw and Crush Grip, with each costing an extra light amount of energy. With this amount of crushing specialization, however, Denata cannot use Vice Grip.

Plasmus the Male Grimer
Hidden Power: --
Bio: Otto von Furth was a simple, disgruntled miner before a cave-in trapped him in a cave system full of radium, causing untold changes to his physical being. Rushed to the hospital upon rescue, he was intercepted by a team of government scientists who experimented on his radioactive body, turning him into the mass of unstable protoplasm known only as Plasmus. He's also allergic to peanut butter.
Signature Training: Radium Poisoning (PO)
Using considerable energy, Plasmus issues a stream of radioactive gunk at a foe, doing no damage but causing the target to become irradiated. Irradiation causes the target to lose moderate energy per turn. This lost energy does not contribute to exhaustion. Irradiation can be healed/resisted by the same means that poisoning can, but does no damage and cannot stack with regular or toxic poisoning. Plasmus can use Radium Poisoning twice per match, but has lost his Grass offtype.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
It seems Fate has decided not to agree to your peace.

-Terrance the Cubone, level 1, male, HP Grass

-A Turnip the Skarmory, level 1, male, HP
Signature Training: I AM THE TURNIP!
A Turnip is now familiar with the Grass type, and as such gains the moves Leaf Blade and Leaf Tornado, however it loses access to Spikes, Icy Wind, Stealth Rock, and Substitute as a result.

-Dreadnought the Druddigon, level 2 (Uplevel), male, HP

-Riki the Dedenne, level 1, male, HP Steel
Signature Training: Riki use Arts!
Riki can now use three of his namesake’s Arts, namely Burninate, Freezinate and Bedtime. For each attack, Riki fires a beam of Fire, Ice or Psychic energy, dealing solid damage of their respective type for equivalent energy use with a 20% chance to inflict burns, localised freezing, or sleep, with Fire energy and the burn chance happening for Burninate, the Ice and freeze for Freezinate, and the Psychic and sleep chance happening for Bedtime. Riki has sufficient offtype for two uses of each per match. Riki can no longer use Electroweb.

-Mikoto the Misdreavus, level 1, female, HP undefined.

-Cynthia the Spiritomb, level 1, female, HP Rock
Signature Move: Creeping Dread (Ghost)
Using good energy, Cynthia sends out tendrils of Ghost energy into the ground, which surface around the foe and ensnare them, dealing no damage but paralysing them with the power of the tendrils and causing a sensation of pure dread to come over the foe, which lowers their Special Attack by 10%, following standard debuff rules. The paralysis is nonelectrical and follows standard paralysis rules. This move can only be used twice per battle, and using it twice against the same opponent will mean that the second use loses the SpAtk debuff. Cynthia loses access to Spite and Memento.

And it'll be A Turnip to start.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Great.

Blasto, do your best, start in the pool. Rain Dance, then duck underneath the water's surface and launch Water Gun.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Sky Drop him out of the pool, dumping him as far away from it as possible. Follow with a diving Leaf Blade.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #6
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1: Now that UPN will let me post!

Two trainers walk into the well used arena. They quickly send out their first pokemon.

Blasto the Remoraid and A Turnip the Skarmory.

Quote:
Remoraid (Water): Remoraid are fish Pokémon and almost helpless on land. They fight more enthusiastically when submerged and in a sizeable body of water. They are capable of latching on to allied Mantine and firing ranged moves in flight with perfect accuracy due to their symbiotic nature. They have excellent accuracy and their attacks have a greater chance of hitting. They can see in the dark.

[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.

-----

Skarmory (Steel/Flying): Skarmory are used to living in harsh environments so piercing or scratching attacks do less damage than normal against them. Their wings also provide slight resistance against physical attacks when tucked at their side. The undersides of their wings are sharp, granting them a 1.2x boost if used to attack.

[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pokémon. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.

[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.
Blasto appears in the pool while Turnip appears flying in the sky above the battlefield. The Skarmory looks down upon the small fish and decides to prevent his foe from using the pool to his advantage. Blasto begins by sending energy into the sky causing dark clouds to start rolling in over the stadium. As he sends this energy into the sky A Turnip dives down towards his foe clasping him in his claws he nabs Blasto before he can drop below the surface of the water causing the great steel bird to smile as his foe is now trapped. He flies away from the Pool before dropping him some 10 feet away from it onto the ground below.

Blasto lands on the ground with a small thud, flopping around he takes advantage of his foes close proximity and sends a water gun at him clipping the skarmory's wing dealing some damage to the bird but nothing like a direct hit would have. A Turnip decides it is time to punish his foe using his odd grass familiarity to coat his wing in grass energy flying down he uses the blade to strike Blasto dealing a very large amount of super effective damage to the remoraid. The clouds cover the arena and rain begins to fall.

Summary:
Blasto took a hard hit dropping through most of the 1st. A Turnip holds a massive lead. His grass has plenty left over.

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Go back and up as you drop an Air Slash into Air Cutter on it, putting yourself between it and the pool so the attacks are knocking it away. Should it propel itself into the water, Sky Drop it back out of the pool again instead of the Air Cutter.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Land!Waterfall to jet-tackle past your opponent back into the pool, ducking underwater deep enough that A Turnip would have to submerge completely in order to grab you. If A Turnip does follow you that deep into the water, trap him in a Whirlpool.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2: Returning to water

A Turnip looks upon Blasto the remoraid trapped on the land. He gathers in flying typed energy sending an air slash down upon Blasto whom uses a Land!Waterfall in order to dodge the attack and get closer to the water however he doesnt get into the pool stopping a very small distance short of the pool. A Turnip sends down an air cutter causing the Remoriad some pain as the rain falls from the sky.

Summary:
Blasto has entered the 2nd third. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #10
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Splash into the pool and immediately Dive to the absolute bottom, following up with that Whirlpool maneuver that almost happened last time if A Turnip follows you underwater.

Confirmed for possible three.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fire down an Air Slash, remaining high and evasive.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3: Splish Splash

Blasto begins to flop about splashing about inching closer to the pool. A Turnip sends down a slash of air pushing Blasto closer to the pool as he splashes his way into the pool. Upon entry Blasto swiftly dives down towards he bottom of the pool and the two pokemon look at each other from afar.

Summary:
The rain continues to pour down. Blasto took some damage. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Air Slash him twice. Stay high and circling, the last thing you need is to get dragged into that pool.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #14
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Stay as low as you can in the pool when you're not attacking to mitigate damage. Pop up twice, once for a Smack Down at A Turnip's right wing, then again with a Fire Blast (replace that with Flamethrower if A Turnip's flight ceiling isn't significantly lowered by Smack Down).
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4: Wack a Fish

A Turnip stays high in the air gathering in energy he sends down an air slash at the pool the air breaks the surface as Blasto is resurfacing the attack strikes him. Blasto then sends a rock of at A Turnip striking him bringing him down towards the water A Turnip manages to stay up and watches his foe as he circles the water only a little above the pool. Blasto pops back up to the top gathering in fire energy as he does so A Turnip sends another air slash upon him striking full on as Blasto fires off a fire blast colliding with the skarmory dealing a very large chunk of damage to the bird. As the rain clouds exit the sky

Summary:
A Turnip is now into the second third. Blast approaches the final third. Blasto would appreciate a breather

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #16
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Staying near the pool's bottom, launch a non-riding Waterfall up at A Turnip.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

He's low down, just back up so he doesn't have a clear shot and take a breather.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #18
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5:

Blasto dives down deep

A Turnip fly's cautiously

Blasto sends a waterfall up from the bottom

A Turnip fly's off to the side avoiding it

No one gets hurt.

Both ready to go

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Staying back from the pool, launch an Air Slash if they poke out of the pool, which they should probably need to do to hit you. Repeat if they poke it out again. Regardless, keep back and circling so they're forced to look out of the water to find you.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #20
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Double Team, to your fullest extent possible, whilst in the pool. Pop up for a Flamethrower.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #21
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 6: Abusing orders

Staying below the surface of the water blasto begins to vibrate before splitting off into several copies of himself now there are 4 remoraids below the water. A Turnip continues to circle above the battlefield looking down on the 4 remoraids below tracking them as they approach the surface, as they do he fires down an air slash upon one of them as they fire off flamethrowers although slightly weaker than normal the air slash destroys one of the clones while the flamethrower hits home dealing a super effective hit and leaving a nasty burn on A Turnips chest.

Summary:
A Turnip dropped below the midpoint. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fax?
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Yeah no he's not coming back is he.

Going for a DQ.
Leaf Tornado, Leaf Tornado, Air Slash.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #24
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

DQ Round

Deciding his foe will not return Ironthunder decides to disqualify his foe Blasto sitting on top of the water is suddently struck by a lead tornado from A Turnip then another and finally an air slash puts the fish down for the count

Blasto is unable to battle!

Iron earns 1KO and 2TP
Fairfax gets 1TP
EK Earns 2SP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL