UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,830
Misdreavus The Not-So-Idle Idolings of Chi(eri) Koh

The day was still quite young yet Chieri knew that she wanted to leave Viridian as quickly as possible so that she could spread her joy and smiles all over the place. She also knew how hard that would be, considering how dangerous the disasters of Kanjohto were. As she thought over all of this in her head, Omina gave her a little playful bump as if to say "Well c'mon, our adventure awaits us." Chieri knew that Omina was worried about her and proceeded to turn her little frown upside-down before walking towards the Veriscident Path as she made her way further east, after all, Viridian was otherwise isolated. Looking forward was Chieri's goal in all of this, as well as becoming the best trainer-idol that the world has ever seen. She stopped at the start of the rickety old bridge before swinging back and forth a few times to rev herself up for what would await her. She was ready, she was steady and she was making her way to stardom... At least, she hoped she was.
__________________

Last edited by Chiko; 01-30-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 926

You stand at the Viridian side of the rickety bridge connecting eastern and western Kanto, considering the journey that lies ahead of you. The bridge was hastily put up to re-complete the path, but as a result, it wasn't the safest route. There was even an official-looking warning tacked to a board next to the western terminus of the shoddy structure.

Quote:
WARNING: DANGER AHEAD
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Tacked up next to it was a significantly less ominous notification. It was clear that it had not been hanging for as long, but it too appeared to be somewhat official.

Quote:
ATTENTION TRAINERS
AS THIS ROUTE IS NEWLY RE-OPENED, WE ARE WORKING HARD TO COMPILE INFORMATION ABOUT CONDITIONS AND WILDLIFE IN THE AREA. PLEASE CALL THE FOLLOWING NUMBER ONCE ARRIVING IN CELADON WITH ANY OBSERVATIONS YOU MAKE THAT CAN HELP. WE WILL PROVIDE COMPENSATION.

THANK YOU,
KANTO REGIONAL PARKS DEPARTMENT
(XXX) XXX-XXXX
Before you can put much thought into that, however, you are distracted by a sudden buzz. The buzz gradually builds in intensity until a streak of red flashes through the air, disappearing into the trees nearby. The loud buzz of its wings should make it easy to follow, but the noise is swiftly becoming fainter, so if you want to pursue it, you will have to decide quickly...


(OoC: Sorry for the wait. I don't know why, but I really struggled with this one. Hopefully going forward it won't be so bad on either account!)
__________________
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,830
As Chieri stood at the bridge, she noticed a sign plastered up which seemed to have been freshly put up. She decided to skim over it, realising that it was probably important to an extent and indeed it was as the sign was about surveying the Pokemon in this newly opened up area.

Seeing this sign somehow invigorated Chieri, was it because it was the first thing she saw which could lead to adventure or was she simply feeling the effects of caffeine from earlier? There really was only one way to find out; and said way came along just in time. A red streak of light flashed by Chieri's eyes and headed into the nearby trees, this put only one thing into Chieri's mind and that was to follow it.
__________________
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,664
(Sorry Chiko, I'm a touch rusty when it comes to the updating thing. Hopefully shouldn't take too long for me to get not crap at it)

You decide to follow the red streak of light into the forest. The faint buzzing noise starts to grow fainter, whatever the streak was, it was moving quite fast. You continue to follow, the trees starting to get larger, the undergrowth getting thicker as you went deeper into the forest.

After what feels like an eternity of walking through trees and brush, you enter a small clearing, which even has a very convenient tree stump that could be used as a stool if one wanted. In fact, if you wanted to, you could take a quick rest there. Or you could keep following the buzzing noise if you would like. The buzzing noise... that appears to have multiplied when you weren't paying attention. Crap.

It sounds like there are at least three buzzing noises now. There was one to the east, one to the west and one to the south east.

What will you do?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 AM   #5
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,830
Chieri ran through the forest, following the noise as best she could as she knew there was a chance it could very well be related to the sign was placed up for. With the thought of possibly uncovering a new Pokemon, Chieri ran as quick as her tiny stature could take her. It didn't take too long until Chieri and Omina arrived at a clearing, a small clearing, but a clearing nonetheless. The idea of potentially resting was slightly tempting but Chieri was much more spurred on by the chance of uncovering something new to herself. Suddenly, there were three noises buzzing now - probably a sign that she zoned out for a tiny bit, oops. With noises from the east, west and south, Chieri thought back to something she remembered when she was younger.

Flashback start

Young Chieri: "So... Ranger Ita, what way do you go when you think you got lost?"

Ranger Ita: "I go east, generally, as that always seems to be a sign of luck... Well, at least for me, I do know stories of those going east and meeting all sorts of misfortune."

Young Chieri: "Then I'll remember to go east... Uh, which way is east?"


Flashback end

Chieri got slightly embarrassed about thinking back to those times as well as extremely lonely but it gave her an answer, at least.

"Heading east must be my only choice, after all, how could I not believe what Ita tells me to? Everything she's said in the past has been right... But again that was then."

Slightly flustered from her thoughts, Chieri ran off east to hopefully follow the right path.
__________________
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,664
Weedle

With the hope that it's the right path, you decided to go east. Leaving the clearing, the forest once again took over, the foliage looking thicker than before, which was a touch worrisome. But on the positive side, the buzzing you were following started to get louder... a lot louder actually. That must mean that you are getting closer!

SQUAWK! Walking down your path, you hear a pokemon going absolutely off their head. A Pidgeys burst out of nowhere, raising a hell of a racket, very clearly in some kind of distress. It flaps at you a couple of times, lets out another hellish squawk and then flies off.

That was definitely odd, to say the least, but sometimes pokemon fought in the forest. It was just a fact of life. What was not a fact of life was that the buzzing had suddenly gotten a lot louder, as well as a lot more distinct. You see a flash of yellow and black. Oh crap, it appears that the buzzing noise down this path didn't belong to the red flash you saw earlier. Instead it belonged to what appeared to be a swarm of Beedrills.

What will you do?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:38 AM   #7
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,830
As Chieri leaped, pirouetted and moved around energetically in the direction that she had decided upon everything around her seemed to get much more dense, the foliage was definitely back and as thick as ever, however, everything else was also louder; a buzzing could be heard.

"Omina, I think we're getting closer to the buzzing noise from earlier!" Chieri seemed overly excited but Omina, being a Pokemon and all, could tell what was going on and it soon turned out to be exactly what the Misdreavus could sense.

A flock of Pidgey headed past Chieri in a way which seemed like they were extremely frightened of something, this didn't stop Chieri though as she kept going until she saw them. A swarm of Beedrill were heading in the direction of Chieri and her Misdreavus, this was bad, really bad.

"O-Omina... Can you please give them a Growl before creating a tornado out of your Ominous Wind to blow them back. M-maybe having a ghost go against them will scare them off?" Chieri was a bit scared at this point in time but that was understandable, after all, she was staring down a bunch of savage Beedrill.
__________________
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 537
Some people are intrinsically brave, or simply blessed with a complete absence of phobias. Many in your current situation, faced with a swarm of angry giant wasps, would have ran for their lives to seek adventure elsewhere, anywhere with fewer stingers aimed at them. But not you! In the face of danger, an army of Bug Pokemon that dramatically outnumber your own ranks... you choose to strike!

Omina, Hasty to comply, growls at the swarm, trying her best to look intimidating... to no effect whatsoever. Whatever upset the Beedrill left them angry enough that the rumbling of a single tiny ghost was all but unheard, drowned out by the buzzing sounds of a dozen giant insects flying toward you!

Suddenly, a faint breeze blew across the forest, a chilly wind that grew progressively in intensity, until it became a full-blown gale - charged with an energy so foul, the Beedrill seemed to stagger and relent in their fury. For a moment, the swarm stops advancing, wary of the ominous intent carried by the wind, before shifting their attention to something behind a nearby bush that starts rustling noticeably during the confusion.

One of the Beedrill hover over to the low foliage, then seems to spot something. It signals for the rest of the swarm to dive, having found what had upset them in the first place and forgetting all about you, mercifully!

When the group of sting-bearing assailants charge at the bush, a creature immediately scurries away from it - a large crimson larva, visibly scared, runs toward you and hides behind your leg, shivering in fear! You can see traces of Honey on the Venipede's body, and piecing two-and-two together, you understand the Bug was very unfortunate in its choice of hive to rummage through in search for food...

It seems the Venipede is already mildly injured; it probably has been running away from the Beedrill for a good while now, exhaustion and injuries taking their toll to the point where the bug is forced to rely on a complete stranger for protection... Now that the swarm has its eyes set on you again, and are making their way over to reach the Venipede hiding behind you, what are you going to do?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 11-02-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.