UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 12-31-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ludicolo UPN PASB: Chiko (GT) V Dirkac (C)

Chiko/HeroicRein (GT) vs. Dirkac
4v4
Singles
Equiall 4
Slapstick
72HR DQ
Switch = KO
Arena: The Badlands Wetlands
Battles here take place in a rather gloomy looking place, The Badlands Wetlands is pretty much as the name suggests with that being a wetlands where you're bound to have a bad time as getting around a wetlands by foot is somewhat more difficult for Pokemon who aren't Grass or Water typed. This becomes worse every five rounds as the mud of the wetlands becomes thicker and makes movement extremely sluggish compared to usual. The arena is rather flat although there is a 8mx10m pool in the middle of the arena which allows for some water movement and ability to abuse the water. However, to even get near the pool Pokemon are forced to wade through a thorny grove to just get there. This thorny grove, however, is easy for Grass types and Pokemon with hard bodies to get through. The effort of getting through is rewarded though due to the water here being pure and the pureness of said water allows Pokemon to, using a move, drink from it and restore any status issues and have a Water Sport effect for 3 rounds (this can be done once per Pokemon). The ground below the wetlands has several rocks scattered throughout which allows for moves requiring rocks to be pulled off with greater ease. The temperature here is rather cold and as a result Bug types will be very uncomfortable in this arena. Rainfall here is harsh and permanent, no weather can cancel it out unless used by an expert at weather such as Castform. Magic Room and Terrain moves will always fail no matter what if used. There's a canopy above the wetlands which is rather low and as such limits Flying and Levitation. Moves that affect or use the terrain will cost slightly less energy for Grass type Pokemon to use while costing any non-Grasses slightly more. The vegetation in this land is unable to catch fire due to the extreme moisture levels in the air.

squads up

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Welcome to these wetlands of mine, Dirkac. Please mind the mud, wouldn't want yet another unfortunate vic- I mean, challenger to get stuck down there. Down where? N-nowhere, anyway, enough chit-chat and more squading.

(Ty for picking this up EK and gl Dirkac, I wonder if your squad has enough tricks to deal with my Grasses.)

Bringing Reaper's Token

Maraqua - Level 5 Female Tangrowth (Uplevel)
Hidden Power - Rock
Bio: "Wired but alive at the break of the day as the last few survivors fall away, fall away"
Maraqua is a rather strange Tangela and that isn't referencing the fact that her name is one of the areas in Neopets, no, it's more the fact that she rocks a bit too much which sounds unbelievable but it's true. In fact, Maraqua has started to use her ability to rock around the battlefield in such a way that her opponents become wary whenever she touches down and smiles her eerie unseen smile that we don't even know exists.
Signature Attack: Stone Lashing (RK)
At the cost of Heavy Rock energy, Maraqua whips a rock energy covered vine at her opponent to deal Heavy Rock damage. The vine itself has a maximum length of ten feet and has a 20% chance to confuse the opponent. Maraqua is no longer able to use Wring Out and won't learn Rock Slide as a Tangrowth.

Misfortune -Level 4 Male Trevenant
Token Attached: Reaper's Token
Hidden Power - Fire
Bio: "It's a long dark road, leads to me where I'm going"
Misfortune befalls those who are not expecting it. Misfortune is the unexpected, as for whether it is good or bad depends on the individual's point of view. Misfortune strikes not once nor twice but as many times as it will so desire at the time. Misfortune is also a Ghost/Grass with big ideas and ways of making his opponent scream and beg for mercy.
Signature Attack: Gentle Hum (Ghost)
Using Heavy energy, Misfortune starts humming which sends Ghost energy billowing throughout the arena. Any Pokemon which hear this will find it difficult to move due to being locked up by physical paralysis, this paralysis will affect Electric types as well. Misfortune can use this twice per battle and has forgotten how to use Forest's Curse and Curse as these moves are viewed as not giving the opponent enough misfortune.

Vert - Level 4 Female Sceptile
Hidden Power: Ice
Bio: "My, don't underestimate a gaming otaku, will you?"
Vert is very much a gaming otaku as she spends the majority of her days doing nothing but playing games, however, when it comes to be her turn to battle she truly shines using methods taught to her by the CPU of Leanbox; Vert, or Lady Green Heart. As one with a Green Heart, this Vert knows that she has to burn her love into her opponents in any way possible and luckily she's found a way.
Signature Attack: Literally Inferno (GR)
Vert expends major energy to create a huge, intense flurry of leaves that she launches at her foe. Due to the great size and intensity of the flurry of leaves, it travels very slowly and will burn on contact, dealing heavy damage. Even if the foe is not hit directly by the attack, the intense heat from the friction created by the leaves can still cause lighter burns with a grazing hit. Vert has forgotten how to use Leaf Storm as she prefers being slower over being weaker.

Kaori - Level 4 Female Abomasnow
Hidden Power - Fighting
Bio: "Cold cold change, bringing in the winter, freezing up the water, closing up the mind"
Being an Abomasnow is a somewhat unfortunate fate, sure, you might be able to hit Flying types for STAB SE whilst also being weak to them but that isn't enough to save this amazing species from their extremely horrific 3x weakness to Fire. Sure, you might say that they get some tricks but at the end of the day Fire is a massive pain in their side. Kaori is one of the lucky Abomasnow's who has been with me and then removed and then brought back because there was something special about her. Something extremely cool which makes her stand out from the rest. That being her tendency to go above and beyond what the usual member of her evolutionary line can do, that being that she can exert a special aura. What kind of aura? Well, you'll soon find out.
Signature Trait: Chilling of the Outer
Kaori exerts an especially cold aura which reduces Fire type moves to a 2x weakness instead of a 3x weakness, as well as chilling all within a 5m radius of her. As a drawback for this amazing power, this coldness somehow causes Electric moves to hit her right where it hurts, as they become neutral affecting to her.

Poncho - Level 4 Male Lombre
Bio: "I'm a twisting fool, just twisting, yeah twisting, twisting by the pool"
Poncho is very much a good who is just seen dancing about all day long while the others are busy at training, he cares little for training and will only join in if the training is to the beat of a song, any song. Poncho seems to care little but realistically he is a lone wolf when it comes to training as he tries his hardest everyday to perfect a technique which will catch all by surprise. Will it catch them by surprise is the real question, I suppose.
Signature Technique: Dance of the Lone Wolf (Water)
At the cost of Heavy energy, Poncho will start a very slow and odd dance which sends a shock wave of Water energy throughout the arena. Now, this energy causes no damage but makes the affected Pokemon feel sad and alone which effectively makes them drop their guard and take 10% more damage from moves for the next 3 rounds. Dance of the Lone Wolf is usable twice per match but never against the same Pokemon.

Satan Spawn - Level 4 Female Cradily
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 01-01-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #3
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter

Yeah, I highly doubt that rven had I a good enough Squad I'd be able to win, but eh
"Fun"

Arca, Male Level 5 Walrein

Cobalt, Genderless Level 4 Minior

Mamoru, Male Level 4 Araquanid

Sylvia, Female Level 4 Trevenant
HP: Rock

Rosedew, Female Level 4 Roserade
HP: Fire

Mello, Male Level 4 Breloom
HP: Rock
Signature Attack: Gunspore (Typeless)
For Decent Energy, Mello can imbue its powder and spore based Moves with explosive powders, dealing Moderate Typeless Damage on top of the original effect, but the original status effect has a 10% reduction in its potency.
Any Move modified by Gunspore is to be used as "Explosive *insert Move here*".
Once per Match, Mello may also choose to use High Energy to release all its Gunspores at the same time, dealing Heavy Typeless Damage. As this uses up all his Gunspore reserves, Mello will be unable to modify its powder and spore Moves after using Gunspore.

Cobalt.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Kaori

Start with a Frost Breath as you strafe to the right, following with an Ice Beam. Replace either with Block should they wish to switch out.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #5
dirkac

Power Gem as you drift up, then use the increased altitude to Gyro Ball through the Ice Beam.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1: What the fuck Chiko this shit is broken

Two trainers attempt to walk into the Badlands Wetlands... 3 eternities later they arrive due to them not being grass type or water typed. They look at each other and around at the crack surrounding them. Suddenly a massive dark shape moves through the arena. Their referee arrives atop his Venusaur, he looks at the battlers and signals for them to reveal their pokemon and to select their first champion.

Dirkac opts to choose Cobalt, a rock/flying pokemon Minior the new discount Aerodactyl!

Quote:
Minior (Rock/Flying): Minior will enter the battle with a shell of rocky material. This shell grants it an 20% higher defense and a resistance against status attacks, but also restricts its mobility somewhat and slows it down. Once it reaches half health, it will shed the shell, revealing its neon core. Without its shell, it becomes quite agile and fast, losing it's defensive bonuses but being granted a 10% boost to both offensive stats in return.

[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are also resistant to XX attacks. This defensive ability extends to their moves, making defensive attacks like Protect and Harden cost less energy. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena.

[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.
Chiko matches with an interesting choice of Kaori the Abomasnow a grass type how unexpected :P

Quote:
Abomasnow (Grass/Ice): Abomasnow are able to disguise themselves well in blizzards and snowy areas. Their Hail attack is far more effective than normal, starting faster and dealing mild damage to any non Ice-types on the field for each round it is in effect. Like a Tyranitar uses sand, Abomasnow can generate a hailstorm from its own body and can thus use the technique indoors. Their Blizzard attack takes slightly less energy than normal. In its Mega Forme, Abomasnow is larger and bulkier than normal in exchange for being slightly slower. Abomasnow's attacks are all somewhat more powerful and it is slightly more resistant to both physical and special blows, but its bulky, heavy form does not allow for a significant range of movement. Against any Pokémon that would reasonably be afraid of Mega Abomasnow, a Mega Abomasnow's fear-inducing attacks are more effective.

[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation and are adept at concealing themselves in such places. They enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while very bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Their healing moves cost slightly less energy and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects. Any attack used by Grass-types manipulating the environment is slightly more potent, and their Grass-type attacks which utilise plant foliage (such as Razor Leaf) are more efficient in natural environments.

[Ice]: Ice-type Pokémon are highly resistant to cold and fight more enthusuastically in cold environments. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as enthusiastically. If their STAB attacks have a secondary effect, they are slightly more likely to have their effects triggered. Their Ice type moves are significantly colder than those used by any other Pokémon, giving them a much greater ability to numb and slow the foe. In addition, any areas frozen by an Ice type will become sore even after the ice has been knocked loose, creating a painful area like Crush Claw does. Their chilled bodies allow them to create ice more readily than other Pokémon, significantly speeding up their Ice type attacks. Ice-types are generally sure footed and difficult to knock over, moving with ease across slippery surfaces and through strong winds and storms.
The two pokemon face each other within the marsh section of the Cracklands they look around and become acquainted with the enviroment. Koari makes the first move inhaling she gathers cold air before unleashing an icy frost breath upon Cobalt while she drifts to the right closer to the thorns. Cobalt trying to rise up is caught in the breath he shudders from the coldness of the attack and the environment however he isn't hurt too badly, he retaliates by gathering rock energy and firing it upon Koari whom is gathering energy for her next attack. She is struck by the rocks crying out in pain from the rocks colliding with her body dealing super effective damage. She backs away slightly.

Koari realising her foe is a genuine threat continues to gather ice typed energy firing it off in a beam at Cobalt her joy is turned to ash in her mouth as Cobalt coats himself in steel energy and plows through some of her ice beam before colliding with herself. However it is clear that Cobalt didnt block even half of the attack and is hurting badly aswell.

It appears as if Koari is at the end of the first already. Cobalt sits happily in the first. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #7
dirkac

Since you're close, Acrobatics, using some of the force expended to push away from the obamanible yetiman

then, stone edge, drifting slightly up
Old 01-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #8
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Blizzard, Ice Beam, Blizzard

Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2:

The rain comes pouring down upon the Cracklands Wetlands, the gym trainer looks at his foe knowing the flying pokemon will be an issue if it is allowed to live he makes his choice and decides to go all in.

Cobalt looks upon Kaori, knowing he has super effective stab upon his foe by using both of his types he decides to make an assault on the Snow creature. He uses some energy to fly in an acrobatic fashion towards Kaori whom unleashes a blizzard upon the Minior dealing super effective damage prior to the rock pokemon colliding with the Abomasnow pushing him back closer to the thorns where he could easily go and hide.

Cobalt once again takes aim upon Kaori gathering rocks from the arena bringing them up in the air and sends them flying upon Kaori dealing more super effective damage to the Abomasnow causing him to recoil in pain however the Abomasnow knows that she has her opening now. Gathers ice energy he sends an ice beam at Cobalt dealing a large chunk of damage to Cobalt causing his shell to fall off following the attack. Cobalt looks a lot more mobile now without his hard shell.

Kaori however isnt done with Cobalt for the round gathering a very large amount of ice energy he sends another blizzard through the air dealing more super effective damage to Cobalt but not putting the Minior down yet.

Cobalt took a shit ton of damage dropping into the final third, on the road to critical. Kaori is at the final third. Both good for two, although Kaori will have some exhaustion from the high energy round.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:18 AM   #10
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Frost Breath x2, replacing either for Block if he decides to switch
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 AM   #11
dirkac

QC Sub, then Stone Edge, using your nimbleness to try and get close.

Last edited by dirkac; 01-06-2017 at 07:34 AM.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3:

The two pokemon look at each other both beat up considerably over the past few rounds. Neither willing to throw in the towel. But now is the time of reckoning.

Kaori panting from her high energy round takes in some deep breaths and channels cold ice energy into the air he breathes in. However the fresher Cobalt quickly uses energy to drop some of his health and create a substitute hopefully to be able to survive the round in order to lay some hurt down upon Kaori.

Kaori lets loose the breath she has inhaled the cold air striking Cobalt's sub destroying it causing the real cobalt to reappear in Kaori's sight getting fairly close he unleashes a stone edge upon the Abomasnow dealing a very large chunk of super effective damage to her causing her to cry out in pain as she unleashes another frost breath cooling off Cobalt causing him to crash to the ground unconcious.

Cobalt is unable to battle

Kaori is outside of critical and needs a break

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #13
dirkac

... shit
Come back Cobalt.

Mamoru.

Lunge. X-Scissor.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #14
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Safeguard then try and get some chip damage with Ice Shard.

Good work, Kaori.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4: I like this pace

Recalling Cobalt Dirk sends out his second pokemon Mamoru the Araquanid.

Quote:
Araquanid (Water/Bug): Araquanid are adept both on land and in water, being able to propel themselves with their bubble when submerged. Their Water type attacks are amplified by the watery bubble surrounding their body, dealing an additional 20% damage. In addition, this barrier will significantly reduce the power of incoming Fire moves.

[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.

[Bug]: Bug-types can see in the dark, and they have largely enhanced sight, granting them a small boost to the accuracy of their moves. Most live in warm climates, though they hate fire and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks have an extra 10% chance of inflicting statuses and the resulting statuses are slightly more potent than usual. Bug types are in general more nimble than other Pokémon, though not necessarily faster, and will quickly out manoeuvre opponents when using unconventional movement.
Mamoru appears with a flash in front of Kaori. He quickly lunges forwards at Kaori whom simply summons forth a safeguard to push him back causing his attack to be ruined completely. Mamoru looking at his foe quite unhappy he gathers bug energy and approaches Kaori whom sends some shards of ice at Mamoru dealing minute damage before being struck down by the x-scissor.

Kaori is unable to battle

Summary:
Mamoru took tiny damage. Good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #16
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Satan Spawn

Barrier into Stone Edge
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
dirkac

Infestation, Lunge
Old 01-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #18
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5: Satan!!!

Recalling his fallen Abomasnow Chiko sends out his 2nd pokemon Satan Spawn the Cradily!

Satan Spawn appears with a flash in front of Mamoru, landing on the ground feeling quite prepared for the match. Satan Spawn quickly errects a barrier to shield himself from incoming attacks. Mamoru then sends an infestation towards his foe colliding with the Barrier causing it to dissipate. Mamoru looks unhappy with his foe. Satan Spawn then gathers rocks and sends them flying in the air at Mamoru whom is lunging forwards the stones collide with the bug dealing a large chunk of super effective damage as Mamoru collides with the Barrier destroying it.

Summary:
Satan Spawn went unharmed. Mamoru has dropped towards the end of the 1st. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:26 AM   #19
dirkac

Lunge infestation
Old 01-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #20
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Solid Sub as you move closer towards the pool, Stone Edge
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 01-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #21
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 6: Into the thorns

Mamoru looks upon the Spawn of Satan and begins to advance upon the grass pokemon whom hops into the nearby thorns as he cuts away some of his health. Mamoru lunges into the thorns colliding with the newly created substitute as the real Spawn of Snorby whom appears as he hops towards the pool which remains nearby through the thorns. Mamoru struggles to get his soft body through the thorns. He manages to get out of the thorns only to be quickly welcomed by Satan Spawn sending a barrage of stones upon Mamoru the stone edge dealing super effective damage to the Bug pokemon whom backs up slightly before sending an infestation upon Satan Spawn dealing some small super effective damage to him but leaves him with some nasty bugs.

Summary:
Satan spawn took some damage remaining healthily in the first. Mamoru took a dive into the 2nd. Satan is good for two. Mamoru is aswell, but wouldnt mind a breather

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #22
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Trap them in a Rock Tomb. Stone Edge should they escape, however, if they don't escape set up a Curse
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 03-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #23
dirkac

i thought i ordered alredy

QC Sub, followed by a Leech Life
Old 03-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #24
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 6:

The rain pours down upon the two pokemon deep within the ring of thorns. The pond off to the edge. Satan Spawn looks upon his foe summoning forth rocks from below making a tomb of rocks around Mamoru causing him to become trapped. He quickly cuts some health creating a substitute to shield himself. Mamoru cannot leech life from rocks so he opts to not attack. While Satan Spawn sits outside using a NonGhost!Curse to increase his defence and attack stats.

Summary:
Mamoru took some damage; Satan Spawn regained some health. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #25
dirkac

Stockpile twice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles