Jellicent UPN PASBL: Kots V KawaiiConcept

Kingothestone (C) v kawaiiconcept (A)
3v3
Singles
Equiall 1
48 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Switch= OK
Lawn: [Indooors/Outdoors] One of the most basic battling arenas. A large, well kept lawn area, situated outside. Rocks can be easily summoned from underground for use in attacks like Stealth Rock, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily.

Ok so Kots will post his first 6 pokemon
Kawaii will post their 6 and their starting mon
Kots will choose his first mon and order
Kawaii will order
I will ref

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

*cracks off excessive amounts of rust* Alright, here we go. Thanks for taking this, EK. Kawaii, best of luck. As I mentioned, I'm bringing some things I like playing with but haven't had a chance to use in a while. Plus my 2 new Gen VII mons. Here we go.

Bringing the Sculptor's Token just because.

Quote:
Sculptor's Token (10 SP): The Sculptor's Token symbolises one's skill in navigating and manipulating the beautiful surroundings of a winter wonderland. It can be attached to Ice type pok閙on only and greatly enhances their species characteristics. The wearer becomes very sure footed and will maintain full mobility and stability regardless of the condition of the arena floor. Ice type moves which have a secondary effect such as freezing or stat drops are twice as likely to have the effect triggered when used by the wearer, these effects also being slightly more potent. The token also provides fortitude and good cheer, rendering its wearer more resistant to moves which negatively affect its mental state such as Supersonic and Swagger. This token may be purchased during the Christmas 2013 event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
----------------------------------

Apollo - Level 1 Male Kricketot
Hidden Power - Water

--

Artemis - Level 1 Female Alolan Vulpix
Hidden Power - Ice

---

Aion - Level 1 Male Alolan Sandshrew
Hidden Power - Ice

---

Khione - Level 4 Female Vanilite
Khione, while in mythic legend is the daughter of Boreas, is in this instance the daughter of the lead mascot of the defunct competitive Pokemon guild Creamery Command. The guild mascots included a large group of Vanilluxe, Vanillish and Vanillite, all with their own histories that have caused them to adopt a special "flavor", or recoloring. Khione, however, was deemed to be too frail to be a mascot, and thus was given to me to train. We have worked hard over the past 3 years since Creamery Command first opened, and she is now one of my most trusted partners. Despite Creamery Command closing, we remain close.
Signature Attack - Ice Cream Sundae (Ice)
Using ice energy, Khione creates a ball of hard ice cream and sends it flying at her opponent. The ball can vary in size depending on charge time, topping out at the size of a softball (12 inch circumference). The attack does good damage while using good energy. Additionally, the attack has a 20% chance of causing a 'brain freeze', which will cause the afflicted Pokemon to be unable to attack for approximately 2-3 seconds. If the ball of ice cream manages to get into the mouth of the target, the chance of brain freeze is doubled to 40%. This attack can be used twice per battle. Khione never learned to use Frost Breath.
Hidden Power - Ground
Attached Item - Sculptor's Token

---

Adephagia - Level 1 Female Gulpin
Adephagia is a sweet little Gulpin girl who has an unhealthy obsession with all things Robin Williams. She's so obsessed, in fact, that she actually had me "make" Flubber and she ate enough of it that she gained the strange, semi-translucent green bubbly coloring. She also experimented with utilizing her type energies to mimic Flubber in different ways.
Signature Attack - In Honor of Robin Williams (Normal or Poison)
Adephagia crates a grouping of balls of normal energy before shooting them forward at high speed. The balls solidify in the air, not unlike Sludge Bomb, but without the explosive properties. The balls will deal a total of significant damage. The energy balls also have the property to bounce off solid surfaces, so if an opponent is near a wall of some sort and some of the balls miss their mark, there's a possibility that some or all of the balls will bounce off the wall and strike the target from behind. This attack requires significant energy to use, and can be infused with poison energy at the cost of a light amount of extra energy, which won't deal any extra damage. There is no limit on how many times this attack can be used in a match. Additionally, all of her poison attacks now match her coloring, being flubber-green as opposed to the standard purple. This does nothing to effect the damage output or effects of the attacks, and is simply a cosmetic change. Unfortunately for Adephagia, her constant hours spent watching Robin Williams movies have resulted in her being significantly more susceptible to sleep and confusion inducing attacks, and her own sleep and confusion inducing attacks also have a 10% possibility of putting her to sleep or confusing her. She also never learned how to use rollout, as she was too busy sitting down and not moving.
Hidden Power - Water

---

Hermes - Level 1 Male Roggenrola
Hermes has found himself to be at a great disadvantage on multiple occasions throughout his life. His lack of speed combined with his problems navigating steeper terrains have been problematic. One thing that he does love, however, is the Harry Potter series. He even forced me to name some of the cats at the animal shelter after Harry Potter characters under threat of Rock Blast. His favorite part was the entire concept of the Room of Requirement - you know, that room that becomes whatever you need it to be whenever you need it to be? Well, he loved the concept so much that he decided to work with Amphitryon to master his control of rooms. That's right, he had a requirement. So he can make some rooms.
Signature Training - Rooms of Requirement
Hermes has learned both Magic Room and Trick room, with just enough energy to use each attack once per match if he doesn't use any other Psychic moves. He is also limited to one use of each Room move per match. He never learned Power Gem or Magnitude.
Hidden Power - Fire

------------------------

I brought a mix of things with and without signature moves/techniques, so that you can get a feel for things to look out for. Since this is a 3v3, you should have an opportunity to go up against Pokemon without sigs as well as those with, especially since I have to level a couple of things.

Let's see your squad.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

okay um
posidon- lv.1 male sqirtle
elasia- lv.1 female fenekin
spiritus- level.1 male litwik
molton- lv.1 male fletchling
serene- lv.1 female ralts
peeram- lv.1 female mareep
I think I'll start out with Posidon.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
笥因 furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

That's a lot of fire types. I wonder what the reason for that could be.

Adephagia, lock and load.

Start things off with a quick sludge bomb valley. If it results in poisoning, strike with a venoshock. Elsewise give them a repeat Sludge bomb to worry about.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:32 AM   #5
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

alright then
posidon use rain dance then water pulse!

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 12-27-2016, 02:25 AM   #6
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1: Get off My Lawn

Two trainers walk into the lovely lawn arena, one walking quite quickly with a nice spring in his step. The other slowly moving covered in rust but prepared to shake it off as this match commences.

The two trainers exchange pleasantries before revealing their first two pokemon.

From Kots we have Adephagia the Gulpin a poison type meaning i already like it

Quote:
Gulpin (Poison): Gulpin are stretchy and elastic, allowing them to easily change shape and size. They can inflate to raise their defense. They can swallow almost anything and can do so as a move, while their Stockpiled energy grows at a quicker rate than normal.

[Poison]: Poison-type Pok閙on are immune to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pok閙on and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 10% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper抯 tail, a Nidoking抯 horn.
From Kawaiiconcept we have a Squirtle named Posidon which imo is the best gen 1 starter.

Quote:
Squirtle (Water): Squirtle are the most agile of their family on land and decent swimmers, but are not as fast as other Pok閙on. They are vulnerable if knocked on their backs and have a hard time getting up, though attacks that strike their back suffer from a slight drop in power. As starter Pok閙on, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

[Water]: Water-type Pok閙on are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pok閙on. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pok閙on, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.
The two pokemon appear with flashes of light on the lawn. Both looking ready to engage in a swift battle. Ade takes the first move gathering toxins within her mouth molding them into the form of a ball she lets loose a barrage of sludge bombs down upon Poseidon whom gets struck by the poisonous sludge and makes a noise which clearly signals he has felt the pain of the attack as it pushes him back slightly. However the squirtle is not poisoned from the attack, he sends up energy into the sky causing some rain clouds to come over the arena slowly and it is clear the sky is going to open soon!

Ade seeing her foe lacks and sign of poisoning repeats her previous preparation for an attack gathering sludge she sends it down upon Poseidon exploding everywhere as the squirtle frantically tries to avoid the attacks however he is not so lucky this time feeling sick to his stomach from the attack, a clear sign of poisoning! Poseidon then gathers some water energy and fires a pulse of water straight at Ade, colliding with the Gulpin dealing some damage to her but not causing any confusion to occur. Ade smiles and looks at Poseidon whom cringes from the poisons as the sky begins to let the rain fall down around them.

Summary:
Poseidon had a nasty first round taking a large chunk of damage. Ade took some damage. Both are good for two.

Kawaii, im going to let you know that it is a good practice to press your advantage going 2nd since you are able to counter your foes movements or abuse their orders against them. Plus it is a great time for using some super effective offtype!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #7
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

(my turn now right?)
alright
posidon come back for now
go serene!
use confusion then psychic

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Use the time they take to switch to prepare another sludge bomb, firing it off when they start confusion. Follow up with a venoshock should poisoning be evident, or another sludge bomb if not.

----

Yes, it's repetetive, but honestly it works. Switching out of Posidon isn't a bad move here, but bringing in a fairy type, even if it does have psychic spam to utilize, isn't the best play when facing a poison type.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2: Switching, a poor choice or hidden genius?

Instead of allowing Poseidon to continue to fight Ade, Kawaii recalls her pokemon and sends out Serene a Ralt, interesting choice but we will see what happens!

Quote:
Ralts (Psychic/Fairy): Ralts's empathic abilities make them very in touch with their opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pok閙on are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pok閙on. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pok閙on are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pok閙on. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pok閙on within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.

[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pok閙on is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Serene appears with a flash of light where Poseidon once stood. Ade provides the new arrival with a gift of sludge bombs raining down upon her. Serene is caught in the crossfire of these bombs exploding around her dealing super effective damage to her however she escapes all poisonous effects from the attacks! Serene looks at the poison pokemon gathering energy she sends a blue beam of energy at her foe dealing super effective damage to the Guplin but the low chance of confusion associated with the move doesnt take effect.

Ade, gathers more toxins sending another sludge bomb barrage down upon the poor fairy pokemon the bombs explode dealing more super effective damage and this time poisoning the fairy pokemon! Serene gathers psychic energy of her own sending it in a blast at Ade pushing the Gulpin back with a super effective hit! Serene cringes from her toxins

Summary:
Ade took some strong hits dropping into the 2nd third. Serene had a nasty first round dropping through into her 2nd third. Both are good for two.

Kots to order

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #10
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Adephagia, come on back.

Aion, lock and load. Strike quickly with a metal claw then transition immediately into a gyro ball. If you see a fire punch coming, swap out the latter for protect
Old 12-31-2016, 01:39 AM   #11
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

alright
Serene use will 'o wisp
then use heal pulse on yourself.

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 01-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3:

Recalling Ade for now Kots sends out his second pokemon my personal favourite Alolan form looks wise an Alolan Sandshrew named Aion!

Quote:
Sandshrew [Alola] (Ice/Steel): Alolan Sandshrew have adapted to a frigid, mountainous climate. In this state, it can no longer curl into a ball like wild-type Sandshrew due to the rigidity of its icy shell. However, its shell grants it a 10% boost to its Defense. Its claws have now adapted to navigating icy climates, which means that it is quite surefooted and can walk easily even on slippery or uneven surfaces. These developed claws also boost its claw based attacks by 10%. Sandshrew can see in the dark.

[Ice]: Ice-type Pok閙on are highly resistant to cold and fight more enthusuastically in cold environments. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as enthusiastically. If their STAB attacks have a secondary effect, they are slightly more likely to have their effects triggered. Their Ice type moves are significantly colder than those used by any other Pok閙on, giving them a much greater ability to numb and slow the foe. In addition, any areas frozen by an Ice type will become sore even after the ice has been knocked loose, creating a painful area like Crush Claw does. Their chilled bodies allow them to create ice more readily than other Pok閙on, significantly speeding up their Ice type attacks. Ice-types are generally sure footed and difficult to knock over, moving with ease across slippery surfaces and through strong winds and storms.

[Steel]: Steel-type Pok閙on generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pok閙on. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pok閙on prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
Aion appears with a flash of light on the battlefield, the small Ice pokemon looks at his foe and prepares for an attack. Serene seeing her appearing decides to welcome them with a nice fire typed gift gathering energy she sends wil-o-wisps of flames at Aion as he arrives the flames strike the ice typed pokemon dealing a large chunk of super effective damage however Aion doesn't feel any burns occurring on his body. Aion quickly decides to retaliate with a steel typed claw move, rushing forwards coating his claws with metal he strikes his foe dealing super effective steel typed damage to the Ralts whom backs up a little following the attack.

Aion using the momentum from his previous attack to begin spinning colliding into Ralts again like a gyro ball. Dealing more super effective damage to the Ralts whom is once again pushed back. Serene decides that instead of attacking her foe again she backs up more and uses energy to increase her health sending a pulse at herself healing her for the only time she is allowed for the match.

Summary:
Serene took some hard hits dropping into the final third. Aion remains in the first. Both are good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:30 AM   #13
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

dang it
Serene return
go elasia!
start off easy with ember
then use flame charge

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 01-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #14
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Earthquake. Twice.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4:

Recalling Serene, Kawaiiconcept sends out her third and final pokemon Elasia the Fennekin

Quote:
Fennekin (Fire): Fennekin are rather skilled in manipulating flames, able to redirect their Fire attacks slightly to move around obstacles or pursue moving targets for additional light energy. They are familiar with the Psychic type. As starter Pok閙on, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time. Fire-type Pok閙on are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short. Their Fire type moves will be hotter than normal, allowing them to inflict more potent burns with a greater frequency, and their Fire type moves will naturally have a somewhat wider spread without a loss in power.
Elasia appears with a flash on the battlefield, Aion sees his new foe appearing on the field and gathers ground energy and sends it into the ground so that Elasia feels the effects of an earthquake. Elasia cries out in pain from the earthquake. Aion smiles from the attack seeing his foe. Elasia gathers fire energy sending an ember upon Aion dealing a very large amount of damage to Aion whom cries out in pain from the attack due to the massive weakness to flames.

Aion looks at Elasia hurting from the attack and sends more energy into the ground causing the ground to shake considerably causing Elasia to cry out in pain from the ground typed attack. Elasia responds to her masters orders gathering flames around her she rushes forwards and collides with Aion dealing a very large super effective blow to the Sandshrew. Aion cries out in pain but stands up tall following the round.

Summary:
Both pokemon took beatings this round, Aion is just above the midpoint Elasia isnt too far behind. Both good for two. Aion is out of Ground energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #16
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Ok time to make this bad boy move a bit quicker, if you're up for it, Kawaii.

Aion, back to the ball.

Hermes, lock and load.

Begin with a stealth rock to put a stop to this infernal switching. Follow up with a rock slide
Old 01-03-2017, 12:27 AM   #17
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

oh I'm up for it
Elasia use solar beam then grass knot!
(TMs are usable right?)

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 01-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #18
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5: Hypocrisy!

Kots tired of backing himself into a corner with his squad with several common weaknesses, decides to put an end to this infernal switching by switching out Aion for Hermes the Roggenrola.

Quote:
Roggenrola (Rock): Despite resembling an eye, the artifice on Roggenrola's face is actually an ear, making them effectively blind. However, this ear is extremely sensitive to vibrations both in the earth and the air, allowing them to detect their foe despite any visual obstructions. They are inorganic.

[Rock]: Rock-type Pok閙on generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are also resistant to XX attacks. This defensive ability extends to their moves, making defensive attacks like Protect and Harden cost less energy. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pok閙on when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena.
Hermes appears with a flash of light in front of the Fennekin, whom is charging up solar energy into a beam of light. Elasia sends the beam at Hermes striking him for a large amount of damage! Hermes decides to stop all the switching that has occured and summons forth stones from below which smack Elasia for some super effective damage before disappearing below the ground awaiting the next pokemon's entrance from Kawaii's side. . Hermes then summons forth a rock slide sending it down upon her dealing a massive amount of super effective rock damage! Pushing the Fennekin back as she uses the grass around her to create a knot of grass which wraps around Hermes pulling him off his feet and to the ground.

Summary:
Hermes is face down on the ground and is at the end of the first third. Elasia has fallen into the final third. Both good for two. Elasia is out of grass energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #19
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

dang
Come on Elasia let's see this through
use ember then fire spin!

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 01-04-2017, 01:55 AM   #20
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Ok so a couple of things I want to point out.

1: Despite what the reffing says, stealth rock doesn't actually stop switching. It just causes damage to Pokemon switching in, just like in the games.

2: When ordering attacks, pay attention to damage levels. Not sure if you've found it yet, but the site that we use, found here has an entire page dedicated to descriptions of all the attacks along with their power levels. Things like Ember, for example, only deal Moderate damage (not a lot) while Flamethrower deals Significant damage (more than twice Moderate). Note that those values are, of course, not set in stone by any means and are left a fair bit up to ref's discretion depending on exhaustion, boosts, dodging ability and the like. Be sure to take a look at power levels before you order moves.

If you'd like, I'll let you change your orders up if any of the above changes what you want to do. Just make them in a new post, or post saying you're okay leaving them as they are.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #21
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

no I knew all of that
I just don't want to be switching in and out all the time
I'll replace Ember with flame charge

For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
Old 01-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #22
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Very well.

Hermes, a pair of earthquakes as quick as you can, if you don't mind.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #23
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 6: Earthshaker

Elasia looks at her foe whom is still face first on the ground trying to get up. Coating herself in a flames she charges forwards colliding with Hermes pushing him upwards making him stand back up fully again while dealing some damage to the Rock typed pokemon. Hermes looks upon his foe, the Fennekin having caused him a fairly large amount of pain over the past round, he sends energy into the ground causing an earthquake which causes a large chunk of damage to Elasia. Elasia cries out in pain from the attack as the damage devastates her system.

Elasia then decides to trap her foe in a fire spin creating a massive spiral of fire around Hermes which deals damage as he remains trapped inside. However Hermes once again sends energy into the ground causing Elasia to cry out in pain for the last time. The spire spin remains as the round ends.

Elasia is unable to battle!

Summary:
Hermes took some damage dropping into the second third. He is out of ground and good for two

Kawaii please send out either Poseidon or Serene with orders

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 01-06-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:25 AM   #24
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

alright
GO SERENE
use magical leaf
and
psychic!