UPN PASBL: EK vs Alto

EK (C) vs Alto (A)
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Switch=OK
48hr DQ
Equiall 1
Greenhouse: A large metal and glass construct, typically in the shape of a dome. The Greenhouse envelops a large, indoors forest, with all manners of foliage imaginable. Most notably, numerous trees are interspersed throughout the surroundings. The ground underfoot is made simply of soil, and is easily manipulated. Sunlight coming from outside will be amplified by the glass, making moves such as Synthesis more efficient and allowing Solar Beam a quicker charge time. Grass Pokemon will feel much more comfortable in these surroundings than any other Pokemon. This arena is considered to be indoors.

Ok, let's do this. Squads in please, EK first!
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Brining Raisers Badge

Level 1:
Stannis Baratheon: Male Magby

-----

Angus Young: Male Snubbull
Biography: Angus is known for his extensive guitar solos as well as AC/DC's pyrotechnics. However he is quite memorising on the guitar.
Signature: For Those About to Rock
Angus can now use Flying!Twister and Psychic Wave having enough offtype to use each twice per battle. He no longer can use Overheat, Sunny day, rain dance, thunder or fire blast.

-----

Jorah Mormont: Male Alolan Geodude
Biography: Jorah is a knight sworn to Queen Dany, he has been afflicted with the scarring disease of greyscale causing him to become a stone man.
Signature: Find the Cure
Jorah is now only 2x weak to Ground typed moves but takes 2x damage from steel and ice typed moves.

-----

Mellisandre: Female Salandit
Biography: Melisandre is a fire priestess from Ashai, she is well known for her beauty and is incredibly powerful. She serves as an advisor for Stannis Baratheon prior to his untimely demise at the hands of Brienne of Tarth.
Signature: Type Chart Change:
Melisandre is now takes Neutral Damage from Ground moves , she now takes super effective damage from bug and no longer resists poison moves (still immune to status), ice and fire.
Hidden Power: Grass

-----

Qyburn: Male Grimer
Signature: MOVE OCEAN EXPANSION!
Qyburn can now use sucker punch and water gun having enough energy for 2 uses of each. Grimer has lost the usage of sludge wave, body slam, fire punch, fire blast, confide, haze, shadow punch and taunt..
Hidden Power: Ground

-----

Ilyn Payne: Male Cacnea
Biography: Ser Ilyn Payne is the executioner for the Kings of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. He is known for being incredibly silent mainly due to having his tongue cut out by the Mad King Aerys. However due to his loyalty to the crown Ilyn continued to serve. However during the battle of the Blackwater he stayed back to eliminate the Queen should the city be taken. Missing out on the action disappointing him. Following the battle Ilyn started to become obsessed with the wildfire that he went down to the pyromancers guild. However he fell one day while holding a jar of wildfire. Ilyn became engulfed in flames the fire enveloped his body as he evolved the flames merged with his system making him even more fearsome for his enemies to face.
Item: Charcoal
Signature: The King’s Justice [Grass/Fire]
Ser Ilyn Payne is now a Grass/Fire type, with all associated weaknesses and resistances. He retains familiarity with the Dark type as a Cacturn. He gains access to Wil O Wisp, heat wave and Flamethrower. Ilyn never learned Payback, spiky shield, rest, sleep talk, snore, block, belch, giga impact, revenge, disable or seed bomb.
Hidden Power: Ice

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

bump for alto

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Kalypsō, Female Kecleon, Level 1
Named after the fabled nymph, it should come as no surprise that Kalypsō is very good with her tongue. Some say there are none better; she likes to agree.
Hidden Power: Poison
Special Training: Does that look like a cherry stem to you?
Kalypsō can use Earthquake and Power Whip, but is no longer able to use Solarbeam or Blizzard. She has standard off-type for each.

Male Anorith, Level 1

Male Mankey, Level 1

Female Cubone, Level 1

Michael, Male Zangoose, Level 1
Naturally a competitive spirit, Michael long dreamed of becoming an Olympic gold medalist. Inspired by the "Flying Fish" Michael Phelps, he decided that to be the best, he would become a world-class swimmer, one unlike any 'mon seen before. Unfortunately for him, his species isn't exactly "world-class" in this field; hitting a wall in his training, he sucked up his pride and practically begged Slash's Beartic for some help. The polar bear agreed, and thus, a legend was born.
Hidden Power: Grass
Special Training: They Call Me Michael Phelps
Michael is now an adept swimmer, with capabilities equivalent to those of a Beartic, and is able to stay underwater for an extended period of time, also much like a Beartic. He is considered familiar with battling underwater. In his intense training to earn a gold medal, he has neglected to learn the moves Fire Blast and Thunder.

Female Slowpoke, Level 1

Kalypsō.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Angus Young!

Play Rough then back away as you fire off a dazzling gleam

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Fake Out to interrupt his first move, then capitalize on his surprise with a Dizzy Punch to the noggin.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Round 1: Much STAB many wow

It's sweltering inside the greenhouse, although the referee is the only one who really notices. Well, when one battler's got hopelessly high ambitions of being the Fire GL and the other's the latest in the line of lackeys to occupy the position of sun-based Grass GT, there's some heat tolerance there. As the ref wipes the sweat from his brow, he gives the signal, and the battlers unleash the contents of their balls into the overgrown arena: Angus the Snubbull for EK, and Kalypso the Kekleon for Alto.

Snubbull (Fairy): Snubbull are proud Pokémon and more susceptible to moves that induce anger. However, they are also resistant to fear-inducing effects. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves, and they have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team. Snubbull's biting attacks are 1.1x more powerful.
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.

Kecleon (Normal): Kecleon can disguise themselves like a chameleon quickly and without using energy, at the cost of a move. However, their stripe remains visible, so they can still be tracked, although it is much harder. Attacks based upon trickery are slightly more effective when used by Kecleon. Their tongue can be used to attack with physical moves quickly from a reasonable distance.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

And so the Snubbull wastes no time in initiating affairs, dashing forwards with the intent of Playing Rough with his foe! Alas, the Kekmeister has other plans, and charges ahead to meet him, only to whip out his tongue for the Fake Out, with the slight blow being enough to knock the Snubbull off kilter and stop the assault in its tracks! After the slightly dirty assault failed, Angus decides for a ranged option, backing up to put some distance between himself and his foe. But Kalypso wants to keep him close, thank you very fucking much, and dashes in with a Dizzy Punch, aiming for its face, only for her to stumble in the blinding glare of the Dazzling Gleam, the potentially disorienting blow barely shaving the Fairy's left side instead of clonking it right in its ugly mug as the trainer intended!

Summary
Both are barely into their first thirds and are good for two.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #8
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Dizzy Punch into Metronome.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 04-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #10
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 2: Mistakes were made.

And so the battlers duke it out once more, this time with the Kecleon taking the first move as it closes the distance and delivers a Dizzy Punch to the Snubbull's head, confusing the poor bastard. He's off chasing mountain goats and whatever else lives in his imagination, not focusing on the battle. The confused behaviour elicits a sigh of contempt from the trainer, who's angered that his intended tactic didn't work as planned. Kalypso's now stood their waggling her fingers like a Metronome. This could be trouble. This could very well be... Oh holy mother of shitlords what the fuck have you unleashed alto you've fucking doomed us all. A glowing orb of light appears above the Kecleon, the Normal type fuelling it further with energies unknown to mere mortals. The orb grows, before suddenly shooting upwards, exploding in the sky like a great firework! ...And raining living hell across the battlefield. Shards of energy go everywhere, tearing into the arena and the poor bewildered Snubbull, the sheer pain causing him to snap out of the confusion and realise what the fuck is going on. The Judgement of the gods has been delivered, and it has devastated the arena: The once lush plant life is gone, replaced with a scorched plateau with craters scattered randomly. The Pokemon and trainers stare dumbfounded at the catastrophe that has just befallen the battlefield. Suddenly there's a crackling noise, as Angus recalls his orders and launches a Zap Cannon at his foe, the chameleon diving to the side to evade a full blow, but seems to have issues getting up: There was a serious partial hit there and her right side appears paralyzed.

Summary
Angus got seriously whacked this round, landing close to his second third, while Kalpyso progresses through her first third. Both are good for two, Angus more so after his sort-of breather. Kalypso is paralyzed in her right side, Angus is no longer confused and sits at below half on his Electric. His Fighting is untouched.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 04-21-2017 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Derped and forgot the arena.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #11
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Dynamic Punch while their paralysed then dazzling gleam as you back away

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #12
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Bring up a Protect to block out the Dynamic Punch. On the off chance you can't Protect, use a nice Iron Tail (using your tongue if that's allowed) instead, cutting through the Dazzling Gleam if possible. Finish the round with Hidden Power.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Alto, that's a conditional three to me. Failed moves still count as moves. Either confirm a three or change your orders please.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #14
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

We just won't use that side for a bit, Kalypsō. Screech to interrupt Dynamic Punch. End the round with a Hidden Power.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #15
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 3: Welcome to the Apocalypse.

And so the battle in this desecrated greenhouse continues, the local plant life in tatters as Alto hits an early climax with Metronome. But still the battlers are going at it, with the Snubbull dashing across the ruined battlefield to clock his foe with a Dynamic Punch! The Kekkers isn't quite dead in the water though, mustering up the energy to unleash a vicious Screech at his foe that causes the Snubbull to trip over his feet and stumble into the Kecleon, the Normal type reeling from the slight blow! Backing up and scowling at his foe, the Fairy unleashes a blast of devastating light that blinds the Kecleon, the Dazzling Gleam playing with her eyesight a bit as he summons some orbs of her Hidden Power, before sending them clattering into the Snubbull's body, the glare throwing her aim slightly but still causing some serious pain to the butt-ugly Fairy.

Summary
Kalypso holds a slight advantage as both battlers plummet into their second thirds of health. Both need a breather, Angus' Fighting is at about half while Kalypso's Poison is a bit above that marker. The paralysis is no longer a thing.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:28 PM   #16
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Facade.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #17
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

dynamic punch

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #18
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 4: Boring breather round is boring.

The battle continues, with the Kecleon abusing the fucking stupid move that is Facade and slamming his foe with a powerful tackle that sends the fairy reeling in the ruined greenhouse! Round's not over yet though, as the Snubbull stands once more, charging the devastating strike before slamming a right hook into the Kecleon's jawline, the Dynamic Punch launching the Kekleon a meter away, before the Normal type stands, looking rather befuddled. And so it remains for the rest of the round.

Summary
Both are refreshed, and are roughly tied on health as they progress through the second third. Angus is shit out of Fighting and Kalypso is confused.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #19
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

qc sub then follow up with a play rough

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #20
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Let him hit you out of your confusion, then send an Earthquake ripping through the arena to damage both him and his sub after his Play Rough.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 5: Wasting Space.

Taking advantage of his foe being confused as all fuck, the Snubbull sets up a quick Substitute, diverting his health into this temporary barrier, before diving in to Play Rough with the bamboozled chameleon! The Kecleon reels, before realising that she's been alleviated of the confusion that afflicted her, and slams the floor, her signature allowing her to trigger an Earthquake causing the already desecrated arena to crumble and groan under the stress as the substitute is disintegrated, revealing Angus not too far away, who also appears to have suffered the destabilising hit...

Summary
Kalypso is slightly ahead of her foe on health as the pair straddle the start of the final third between them. Sub and confusion are both kaput, Kalypso's on half Ground and is refreshed, whereas Angus is good for two.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #22
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Facade into Hidden Power .

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #23
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Counter the Facade, then double-edge

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 04-28-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #24
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 6: Pulling no punches.

And so the battle rages onwards, the Kecleon beginning the festivities this round with a Facade, the status-fueled attack slamming towards her foe, but Angus takes the hit like a champ, before Countering the assault with an equally powerful strike! The Kecleon goes flying, before rising from the destroyed greenhouse and fires off a burst of Hidden Power, the toxic-powered orbs slamming into the Fairy, who just about weathers the hit, before slamming into his foe with a Double Edge that sends Kalypso flying, but also harms himself, with the recoil pushing him over the boundary as his foe collapses upon impact with the floor, both battlers being rendered unconscious by the hit.

Angus Young and Kalypso are unable to battle!

So, the usual protocols. EK sends out, Alto sends out and orders, then EK to order. Whenever you're ready.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Qyburn

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL