UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum

Old 12-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
Connor
Who Knows?

Slurpuff Referee Evaluations: Return of the Ungraded

Welcome one and all to Referee Evaluations 2016 which are totally happening again how cool is that. Reminder: these are not new grades and this is not a drill, we are doing Evaluations again.

To those unfamiliar, Referee Evaluations are when everyone gives feedback basically telling us if you've had any refs you think are doing a better or worse job than their current grade indicates, so that we can make an accurate call and bump them up or down respectively.

Due to the nature of these, there will be a two week window for you to get your thoughts in to get these on the road, and then the LOs will discuss the grades in the secret back room before posting up new grades (hopefully) towards the end of January. Send your PMs to me or Miror

We would prefer that everyone give their thoughts on every ref they can think of. Failing to do so will not exactly improve your standing in the League, so if you're aspiring to a position like Gym Leader or future LO, make sure you get your thoughts in. Every contribution helps, especially since not every member has reffed for every other member, so each individual will have unique feedback.

An important note is that referees who are deemed inactive will be removed from the Referee List and will have their grade stripped from them. If I have accidentally removed your grade and you have refereed something within the past 6 months - and I mean reasonably, not one or two rounds which were months apart - then I will rectify the mistake and add you back to the referee list. Otherwise you will have to go through the procedure as a normal returning referee would. .

As a reminder, the grades are defined thusly:

S grade referee: All but infallible on what happens during a round, with a nearly flawless understanding of the rules. May referee any match, including a Grand Melee (with LO permission). May ref up to 20 matches in total.

A grade referee: Almost always correct on what happens during a round, with an excellent understanding of the rules. May referee any match excepting a Grand Melee. May referee up to 18 matches in total.

B grade referee: Regularly correct on what happens during a round, with a strong understanding of the rules. May referee any match excepting special event matches, such as Grand Melees, Legend Challenges and Elite Four matches. May referee up to 15 matches in total.

C grade referee: Usually correct on what happens during a round, with a clear understanding of the rules. May referee any match, excepting special event or realistic matches, but require permission for Gym matches. May referee up to 13 matches in total.

D grade referee: Often correct on what happens during a round, with a fairly solid understanding of the rules, but is in need of experience before achieving the higher Grades. Can referee standard matches, and Exhibition matches with permission, but may not referee Gym matches, realistic matches, or special event matches. May referee matches in progress with permission so long as the first round is yet to be posted or the last referee provides notes. May referee up to 10 matches in total.

Ungraded: May referee standard slapstick matches only, with permission from both battlers, but may not referee battles already in progress. May referee up to 8 matches in total.

---

+: Can purchase legend matches and six-packs of squad slots for 5 SP less, Ref Cap increased by three battles. Defined as someone who rarely loses the 48 hour bonus.

±: Can purchase six-packs of squad slots for 5 SP less. Defined as someone who tends to keep within the weekly bonuses.

-: No discount, Ref Cap decreased by three battles. Defined as someone who rarely referees within the boundaries of any bonuses.

Since these are the first evaluations using the new system, I will require you to obviously submit a letter and symbol recommendation. General guideline is that A and B become the new S and A respectively, while existing C should be split to create a new B and C grade. Since this is also using a new system, I am going to allow for members to write in a recommended grade for ungraded returning referees.

Please remember to suggest letter and +/- separately. The former is quality, the latter is speed (and don't use the plusminus symbol that is only there as a placeholder really).

For reference, the following are those considered actively refereeing within the League. As warning, some of you are only tenuously on here having picked up matches very recently, and your activity will end up being monitored with view to future Evaluations.

Spoiler: show
A+
Connor

A
Miror

A-
DaveTheFishGuy
Sneaze
Jerichi

B+
Mew The Gato

B
MMS/Snorby
Apollo77

B-
KamenAeons
Celebii151

C+
TheKnightsFury/austoman
Trot Away
Midgeorge
Eliteknight

C
Beautiful Savage
Ironthunder
HeroicRein/SilverChiko
TalkSick
Fairfax

C-
Biggggg5
Crys
RealMrGame10

D+

D

D-
Machamp-X

Ungraded
Altocharizard
Emilia
ShuckTsubo
Kaylafox
LilTwick
Kingothestone
Goose
Coolz7

I will stress again, if you feel you have been left out of this list wrongly, or your current grade is listed incorrectly, please PM myself or Miror and we will update it accordingly. This includes those of you who have received grades more recently and may not have been added to the referee list in the referee subforum.

Happy voting!

Last edited by Connor; 01-19-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

well as always my return is impeccable

good luck to all

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:59 AM   #3
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
>tfw im still listed as an active ref

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 AM   #4
Miror
Marsh Badge

I'd rather evaluate the spelling of your thread title
Old 12-20-2016, 01:03 AM   #5
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
jesus christ that's bad

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

Don't know what you're talking about mates.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Miror
Marsh Badge

I mean you fixed the title but forgot the random 0 in the actual post :c

(Yes I know I can fix it myself but harassing you is more fun ;c)
Old 12-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Connor
Who Knows?

God all I do is try my best and this is how you treat me Miror. Disgraceful.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
Snorby
Snackin'

I mean, you aren't LO. Why should would you get treated with respect as if you were one?

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #10
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
I mean, you aren't LO. Why should would you get treated with respect as if you were one?
It's funny because he wasn't treated with respect when he was an LO.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:55 PM   #11
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Treating Connor with respect is one of the seals that would unleash the apocalypse on Earth. We're making a sacrifice for the good of the many.

Hoping to ref again when I get a bit more set in my jerb. That would make me amusingly ungraded when it comes to that, yes?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:13 AM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?

For the time being that would make you ungraded, yes, given that to my memory you officially lost your grade during the last evaluations.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #13
Connor
Who Knows?

After appropriate deliberation, we have managed to come to an acceptable decision regarding the changes in refereeing grades. The new and updated Referee List is as follows!

Spoiler: show
S+
Connor

S
Miror

S-
DaveTheFishGuy
Sneaze
Jerichi

A+
Mew The Gato

A
MMS/Snorby
Kingothestone

A-
Apollo77
KamenAeons

B+
TheKnightsFury/austoman

B
Midgeorge
HeroicRein/SilverChiko
Crys

B-
Celebii151
Emilia
Altocharizard

C+
Trot Away
Eliteknight
TalkSick

C
Ironthunder
Kaylafox

C-
Biggggg5
Beautiful Savage
Fairfax
RealMrGame10

D+
Goose

D
ShuckTsubo
Coolz7
Lil'twick

D-
Machamp-X

Since there were quite a number of changes due to the implementation of a new grade, I'm not going to provide a summary of the changes, as they were either extensive or limited. To my knowledge all of the previously ungraded referees who had refereed in the past 6 months have been awarded a grade - if we have made a mistake, please bring it to my attention and this can be rectified immediately!

That's all folks. Happy Refereeing!

Last edited by Connor; 01-19-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum