UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum

Old 09-29-2016, 01:29 AM   #26
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I know I'm personally pretty slow with most matches, but if you put something on my plate that genuinely means something I'll usually have it cranked out quickly and consistently as long as all manner of hell doesn't break loose in good old meatspace.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:36 AM   #27
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Oh I'm so sorry if being put on a constantly changing cycle of narcotics for pain doesn't fit in your mind as the criteria that ended that quote. You vanished during the same timeframe without even so much as a TA, so do politely fuck off unless you're planning on contributing to the conversation instead of continuing the ongoing idea that every discussion thread can and should be treated as though it's a TO.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #28
Stealthy

Except this is always the case with you. I get that your life is chaotic, but excuses or not you aren't reliable. Same goes for Dave and Cele. When the chief complaint on Tourneys and Legend matches is speed, then cutting out slow or unreliable refs is the common sense place to start. Apparently it's being bandied about that Connor will be making quarterly assessments of speed changes. That takes care of the near-nonexistent threat of people being wrongly graded. Worst case just double up on giving matches to our + refs. Hell, that may be best case.

The idea that you need to earn the right to ref the fun stuff is nothing new. I don't see why we shouldn't add timeliness as a requirement to earn these matches.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #29
Connor
Who Knows?

I will be doing quarterly assessments regarding speed grades. It is very unlikely that things will happen to prevent me from doing so.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #30
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Honestly, I don't like the idea of an S rank. We have enough grades as is, plus it just sounds like it's going to just end up the way A used to be: pretty much just LOs/those blessed by them. And probably contain about 4 people, which honestly means about 2.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:48 PM   #31
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

>"We have enough grades as is"

>The entire point of adding it is that we don't have enough grades given there are two distinctly different tiers of referee in C

um

care to elaborate? xp

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #32
Connor
Who Knows?

Well I mean, to be bluntly rude about it, A and S grade would mean a lot more if the people who managed to get to that stage kept refereeing.

But they don't. If I'm to be viciously honest the way a lot of things are done nowadays the actual S and A grades would look a lot different than you all seem to imagine them.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #33
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Well, for one, having 13 people in one grade isn't really that bad. Plus if there's separate tiers in C grade then honestly the biggest thing to blame was making +/- about speed instead of representing what plusses or minuses on real grades are about. Otherwise a few would be D+ and a few B-, the quality within C would be better sorted, and you'd be completely golden. But if you're really worried about it, why not just actually use the pretty much entirely untapped D? We have, what, 1 person in D tier? Maybe make it a real group? As it is now, we may as well not have D. And sure, if we lose D, then C-S is a fine range, but then it's a lot of work for essentially the same thing.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #34
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Just because there is no one in D grade now, doesn't mean there wont be in the future. The entire point of S grade is to add an extra development step from C to B, it literally means nothing to the current A and B grade.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #35
Stealthy

If you're focusing on S as the big change in the system then you're doing it wrong, just as if you saw 7 as the big change in TLs. The point was adding a TL 3.5, and the point of this is adding a C and a half
Old 10-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #36
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
You guys ungraded me :c

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #37
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

It's almost like you stopped reffing or something.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:08 AM   #38
Connor
Who Knows?

For reference, since it was asked about, my current plan is to go ahead and incorporate the S grade during Evaluations I plan to enact some time during Christmas/New Years.

What are people's currents thoughts on this having allowed the dust to settle? Do we have any new oppositions, thoughts, viewpoints? I am interested to hear how people think of it this far on, since I know people tend to shift opinion having had time to simmer on things.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum