Savvy vs Fairfax
4v4
Singles
Equiall 2
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Town Square arena
Quote:
Town Square: Battles here take place amidst an expansive, albeit abandoned, Town Square. The cobbled flooring provides more than ample footing for any battling in the arena, but will prevent attack such as Earthquake and Stealth Rock. The exits to the Town Square are blocked off stop the battling from spilling out into the outer areas of the Town. Scenic furniture from local cafes litter the arena, and in the center of the Square is a sizable fountain, large enough for most aquatic Pokemon to reside in with somewhat restricted movement. As always, within reason, if one of the battlers mentions positioning of an object, the battler is is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement. This arena is outdoors only.
As our two combatants take their places on each side of the square, a light blue portal with a golden ring floating around it appears. A few seconds later, a young man with shoulder length dark brown hair, glasses, and wearing a regulation ref uniform steps out of it before the portal vanishes. "Hello and welcome to what may be an exciting match. To my right, we have Savvy and to my left, we have Fairfax. Even though you both know who I am and what I'm doing, my name is Goose and I will be your ref. So let's get this started."

If either of you have any questions, comments, conserns, or notice any mistakes, feel free to let me know and I will answer and/or fix them ASAP.

Let's see what Savvy is has brought to the fray.

Last edited by Goose; 09-07-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Could you add the Arena description to the stats up there?

Mixtape: Level 3 Male Seismitoad (Uplevel)
Biography: As a Tympole, Mixtape got beat up a lot. So now that he's big and strong, he never wants to get beat up again. So much so that he would rather retreat than lose. He developed this battle cry technique to aid in that retreating process.
Signature: Special Attack: Skip Track [Water]
Using Significant Water energy, Mixtape lets out a scream laced with Water Energy. The auditory attack deals Decent Water damage. Mixtape then uses the remaining energy to retreat into his Pokeball, much like U-Turn or Volt Switch.
Hidden Power: Flying

Samson: Level 2 Male Sawk
Biography: Pending
Signature
Pending
Hidden Power: Pending

Hisako: Level 2 Female Kadabra
Biography: Hisako has always had a very defensive tendency during battle. Through intensive practicing of Cubic Light Screens and Cubic Reflects, Hisako has managed to develop a more permanent solution. She has now learned to utilize these defensive techniques in her own unique way.
Signature: Special Training: Armor
Hisako is now engulfed in a psychic aura in the shape of armor that permanently raises both her Defense and Special Defense by 10%. However, she can not use Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, or Zap Cannon.

Kuvira: Level 2 Female Cubone
Biography: Kuvira. Poor, poor Kuvira. Her story, like that of many Cubone, starts off sad. She was alone in the world with naught but her mother's skull to protect her. She wandered the land, looking for companions that she'd never find, doing what she could to survive. This solitary lifestyle led her to be quite timid. She became of other Pokemon and trainers as they had never offered help and, in fact, were sometimes harmful. Thus, when the stampede of charging Tauros came, she ran. Fast. And, unfortunately, in her rush to get away, ran right off a cliff. Lucky for her, some trainers happened upon her small, broken body soon enough to get her to a nearby Center for treatment. Kuvira had to go through multiple reconstructive surgeries, and her skull (the one on the outside) had to be soldered back together. Now recovered, I adopted the poor broken Pokemon onto my team. Through training, we discovered that her surgeries had actually strengthened her defensively. This helped her build her confidence over time and begin to get over her natural timidness.
Signature: Type Change: Six Million Dollar Pokemon [Ground/Steel]
Due to the reconstruction of her skull, Kuvira is now a Ground/Steel type. She has all the normal weaknesses and resistances of that typing except she is resistant to Poison instead of immune and is neutral to Bug and Fairy instead of resistant. The Steel Type Species Characteristics only apply to her Skull and Bone, as they were the only parts soldered back together. She has also learned Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch to accompany her new typing.

Blitzen: Level 2 Male Stantler
Biography: Pending
Signature
Pending

Oren: Level 2 Male Phantump
Biography: Before joining my team, Oren was assigned to guard a secret passageway in a dark, mysterious forest. To aid in his prowess as a guard, he trained in fighting type techniques to catch any would-be trespassers off guard.
Signature: Special Training: Whomping Willow
Oren is now familiar with the Fighting type and has two Hyper Beams of Fighting Energy with which to utilize his techniques. As part of his training, Oren learned Seismic Toss, Brick Break, and Storm Throw. However, he can no longer use Ingrain or Wood Hammer due to his focus on the Fighting type.
Hidden Power: Dark

---

I decided to bring some Pokemon that I don't always use, so let's see how this goes! Good luck Fax, I've been looking forward to this match for a while now.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
Quote:

Wickerman the Male Beedrill
Hidden Power: Ground
Bio: Wickerman takes glee in stinging his opponents as many times as he can get away with. He's annoyed when those he stings try to take revenge against him, though. So he decided to develop a special type of sting to make that a little harder.
Signature Move: Muscle Toxin
Using solid Bug energy, Wickerman quickly and lightly stings his opponent via his abdominal stinger. The sting itself is so light that it is imperceptible and does no damage, but it releases a toxin into the opponent that momentarily weakens their muscles, reducing their offensive stats by one stage and making them somewhat sluggish for a round or so. Wickerman can use Muscle Toxin twice per battle.

Lapsang the Male Combusken
Hidden Power: --
Bio: Lapsang is named after his favorite type of tea: lapsang souchong, an intensely smoked black tea from China. The taste has been compared to that of bacon, whiskey, and actual fire. Lapsang loves his tea, as a result, he spent his training fashioning a move inspired by his beverage of choice.
Signature Attack: 立山小種 (GR)
Using considerable Grass energy, Lapsang creates a handful of leaf-shaped energy constructs infused with smoke, and shoots them at an opponent for decent damage. The leaves are boiling hot, and have a 30% chance of causing a burn at the point of contact. Lapsang has the Grass energy to use this move twice.

Rooibos the Male Snubbull
Bio: Rooibos used to belong to a rich family, renowned for their breeding of contest Pokemon. Unfortunately, Rooibos' favorite pastime of rolling around in the mud did not go over well with his owners. Luckily, now that Rooibos is training for battle, he has more time to get muddy.
Signature Training: Mud Dog
Rooibos likes mud. Rooibos learns Mud Bomb and Muddy Water.

Oolong the Genderless Staryu
Hidden Power: Poison
Bio: Oolong used to think it was an actual star. Then one day somebody told it that stars were giant balls of super-hot gasses expanding out in space. Oolong was disappointed for a while, until it realized that all it had to do was redefine its parameters for success.
Signature Training: Burning Bright (FI)
Using considerable Fire energy, Oolong briefly increases its body temperature by several orders of magnitude. This temperature increase lasts for about three seconds. The intense heat given off by Oolong is refractive to the point where incoming Electric-type attacks will only do 1.5x damage instead of 2.0x. The increased temperature would also realistically have some sort of short-range effect on the environment, boiling surrounding water or scorching adjacent grass. Oolong requires heavy concentration to use Burning Bright; any other movement or attack ordered while Oolong is at high temperatures will cost more energy and almost certainly tire out Oolong at an increased rate. Oolong has the Fire energy to use Burning Bright twice per battle.

Nephew the Male Mankey
Bio: --
Signature Training: --

History of Japan the Male Uplevel Farfetch’d
Hidden Power: Fighting
Bio: A rich hipster named Kūkai is bored with modern Buddhism and visits China, learns a better version which is more ♫♪ spiritual ♪♫, comes back, reinvents the alphabet, and causes art and literature to be ♫♪ great ♪♫ for a long time. And the royal palace turned into such a dreamworld of art that they really didn't give a shit about running the country. So if you live outside the palace, how are you supposed to protect your shit from criminals? ♫♪ Hire a samurai. ♪♫ Everyone started hiring samurai. (note: Rich important people hired samurai. Poor people who could not afford to hire samurai did not hire samurai.)
Signature Attack: Hire A Samurai (ST)
Using heavy Steel energy, History of Japan creates an energy construct shaped like a suit of samurai armor directly in front of him, about 1.5 times as large as he is. The construct deals significant damage if it strikes an opponent. The construct can also absorb incoming attacks, reducing their damage to History of Japan by 75%. The construct does not travel very far or very fast before dissipating, reducing its effectiveness as a ranged attack. History of Japan has the energy to Hire a Samurai twice per battle.
Equiall 2 didn't give me as many toys as I'd have liked, but no matter. This is gonna be fun.

Goose, here's the arena descrip if you don't wanna be bothered to find it:
Quote:
Town Square: Battles here take place amidst an expansive, albeit abandoned, Town Square. The cobbled flooring provides more than ample footing for any battling within the arena, but will prevent attacks such as Earthquake or Stealth Rock. The exits to the Town Square have been blocked off to stop the battling from spilling out into the outer areas of Town. Scenic furniture from local cafes litter the arena, and in the center of the Square there is a sizable fountain, large enough for most aquatic Pokemon to reside in with somewhat restricted movement. As always, within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of an object, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement. This arena is outdoors only.
Oolong, released floating several feet above the top of the fountain like the star on a Christmas tree.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Hmm... Hisako, this sounds like a job for you. Fire up your armor and prepare for battle.

Start off by creating a Cubic Reflect to double up on your Defenses. Follow that with a Psychic Wave.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Bubble Beam. Levitate away from the fountain towards Hisako, maintaining your flight ceiling as you fire a Signal Beam.

Last edited by Fairfax; 09-06-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
Goose
Cascade Badge

(Thank you for supplying the description, Fairfax, it has been edited into the opening post and just in case you use the Combuskin, could I possibly get a rough translation of the name of his sig)

Round 1: Y U NO BREAK

Out combatants each throw a ball, witch open simultaneously to reveal out first match up. From Savvy, we have everyone's favorite occult mon, Kadabra. From Fairfax, we have the starfish mon, Staryu.

Noticing Oolong floating a ways above the fountain, Hisako figures she should go defensive, and creates a Cubic area of Reflective screens around herself. Oolong, knowing that she cannot hit her physically, goes a special route and fires off a Bubblely Beam, which pass trough the screens. Slightly agitated that some bubbles got through to her, Hisako fires off a Wave of Psychic energy. During this, Oolong levitates towards Hisako but is knocked back when the wave hits her, however this leaves her in close enough range to fire off a Signal Beam.

Summary

Hisako is a ways into her first third of health. She is good for two.

Oolong took a little damage this round. She is good for two.

Fairfax Phase
Old 09-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cubic Light Screen, firing another Bubblebeam from on high.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #8
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Staryu actually can hit me physically. Cubic Reflect and Cubic Light Screen just buff their respective stats. In case you don't know.

Use Psychic to slam Staryu into the ground. If that works, get in close and give it a double Thunder Punch before it can get away. If not, use Psyshock.

Possible three confirmed.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 2: Even More Screens

Oolong figures she should mimic her opponent, as she creates a Cubic area around herself. Unlike Hisako's screens, Oolong's Screens appear to be made of the Light around her. Hisako sees this and goes for a Psychic. Despite the screens weakening it, Oolong finds herself grounded. Oolong, now a little agitated that she is on the ground, begins to blow another Bubblely Beam, which passes through the reflect and covers Hisako with soap again. Despite now slipping around, Hisako goes in for her retaliation, as she covers a fist in a Thundering energy and Punches Oolong, thankfully she finds herself unparalyzed. Oolong just sets there as Hisako delivers another Thunder Punch, which, again, leaves Oolong unparalyzed.

Summary

Oolong took quite a bit of damage and has plunged into her second third of health. She has about half of her Psychic energy. She is good for two, but appears to be panting lightly.

Hisako took a little damage, and as a small lead over Oolong. Her Electric energy is gone. She would like a break.

Savvy Phase

Last edited by Goose; 09-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #10
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Wait how is Staryu still in its first third of health?
Old 09-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #11
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Yeah, there's no way I took two Thunder Punches and didn't plunge into the second. Light screen wouldn't have done jack squat there.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
Goose
Cascade Badge

Sorry for some reason I though that the Light Screen would of helped Fixed it
Old 09-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Sorry for continued botherance, but how are you reffing Staryu's Psychic familiarity in terms of energy? Surely Cubic Light Screen wouldn't take off that much of a chunk.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #14
Goose
Cascade Badge

Honestly, I forgot about that seeing as this is my only second time reffing a member of the Starmie line. Fixed it, I will try to remember this for next time
Old 09-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #15
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Oh it's my turn. Use Psycho Cut, either melee or ranged, whichever is appropriate.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #16
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Another Signal Beam, then fly in close for a full Thunder Wave.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #17
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 3: I can't think of a title

Hisako takes a moment to judge the distance between her and Oolong. Noticing that they are close enough to each other that their screen cubes are overlapping, Hisako's arm glows with an energy that could be compared to that of a Psycho. Opting to go physical, Hisako Cuts her adversary, sending her flying back a little bit. Oolong takes this as an insult, and begins to charge up a multi-colored ball of energy. With out warning, this ball bursts forwards as a multi-colored Beam that could, in theory, Signal the end for her opponent. Glad that her opponent had not been ordered anything else, Oolong takes a moment and floats in close and does something very unusual for a starfish. Now that she is close, Oolong begins to send Thunderous Waves as Hisako, wrapping around her body, paralyzing her.

Summary

Hisako has fell into her second third of health. She is refreshed but is paralyzed.

Oolong took a little damage. Her Bug energy is gone. She would like a break.

Fairfax Phase
Old 09-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #18
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Switch out to Rooibos.

Work Up an appetite for some tasty Kadabra before Crunching down on your foe.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #19
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Teleport out of the way of that Crunch, then get close again for an Iron Tail.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #20
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 4: Sorry for the small delay

Deciding that Oolong has had enough for now, Fairfax recalls her and a different ball opens up, revealing a small, pink puppy - like mon we all now as Snubbull.

Rooibos sizes up his opponent and begins to Work Up his appetite. He then rushes in, a very distinct OM NOM NOM can be heard as he does so. Hisako sees him doing this and, knowing that she doesn't want to be on the receiving end of what Rooibos is preparing, she taps into her mystical powers and Teleports back some ways. Rooibos, knowing that his opponent is now to far away, abandons his plan and stops trying to crunch her. Hisako chuckles slightly at this and begins her own rush, however her Tail seems to be glowing with a energy with the color of Iron which she then slams into Rooibos.

Summary
Rooibos had a tough first round, as he took a quite a bit of damage. He has about half his dark energy left. He is good for two.

Hisako took no damage, and she has about half her Steel energy left. She is good for two.

Savvy Phase
Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #21
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Nice one, Hisako! Use Psychic to throw him into the fountain, then gloop him in some Toxic sludge.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #22
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Shadow Ball after getting out of the fountain, then Heal Bell after the sludge. End with the Crunch you were already salivating over.

Confirmed for first three.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #23
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 5: Care for a Swim?

Glad for her success last time, Hisako takes a slightly different strategy this time. Using some of her Psychic powers, she lifts Rooibos from the ground and dunks him rather hard into the fountain. Rooibos makes it to his feet only to find that his mouth is just above the surface of the water. Knowing that he needs to get out as soon as he can, Rooibos climbs out and begins to form a large dark purple Ball made from the Shadows around him. He then throws this at his opponent, thankfully for Hisako, she doesn't feel any drops in her stats. Like last time, Hisako chuckles again and prepares a purple glob of Toxic goop which hits Rooibos. As the goop connects, he cannot feel the toxins seep into his blood stream. Now with basically a time limit, Rooibos begins to think he needs something. Suddenly, the sound of a ringing Bell goes throughout the arena, and Rooibos feels as though he has been Healed from the poison. Now going to get him some tasty Kadabra, Rooibos coats his fangs in a dark energy before Crunching down on her.

Summary

Hisako had a rough round this time and is now in her final third of health. She is in her second third of energy and has about half her Poison left. She is good for two.

Rooibos took a little damage this time. His Ghost is at about half while he is out of Dark. He would like a break.

Fairfax Phase
Old 09-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #24
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Play Rough while you're still in melee range.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #25
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Switch to Kuvira.

Start off with a Bone Rush, then follow that with Meteor Mash.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL