UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance

Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

"Why was this signature approved?" Thread - Sig Court - Mark III

Welcome to The "Why was this signature approved?" Thread, A.K.A. "Sig Court". If you've seen a signature that you believe may be overpowered, rule-breaking, or otherwise merits attention for the wrong reasons, report it here. But first, if this is your first time here, let's go over some important things to keep in mind...

Reporting a Sig:

To report a signature, you must post the signature in full- Pokemon, bio, the whole shebang. The approving post is no longer necessary, however. Ideally, the reporter should explain to the best of their ability what's wrong with the signature. The reporter must notify the sig's owner by politely VM'ing them a link to the post reporting their signature. The owner of the signature then has one week to post a rebuttal, with exceptions being made for those who have posted in Trainer Absences with a specific return date. This rebuttal must be a single post explaining why the signature should continue to exist. If the owner does not post in one week without a TA, they consequently forfeit the right to a rebuttal and the process moves forward as though they had. Afterward a rebuttal has been posted, the sig reviewers will discuss the arguments put forth and come to a conclusion. They will post their conclusion and an explanation to coincide, usually within a week of the rebuttal being posted. If they decide the signature should remain approved, it may not be brought up again in this thread. If the signature should be retroactively rejected and the owner wishes, they may work with a signature reviewer via PM to revise the signature and make it passable. This new version of the signature will be posted in this thread once it has been finalized.

The Strike System:

Obviously, this entire process must be conducted civilly and without spam in the thread. To make sure all hitches in this process are avoided, we're implementing a strike system, which will correlate bad behavior in this thread with a loss of signature privileges. Regardless of who you are or your standing in the league, you are subject to this system if you break the rules of Sig Court. Below the progression of the strike system is detailed:

1st Offense- Warning
2nd Offense- Automatic Rejection of all signatures for one month.
3rd Offense- Automatic Rejection of all signatures for three months.
4th Offense- Automatic Rejection of all signatures for six months. All signatures currently held by the offender are retroactively rejected.
5th Offense- Automatic Rejection of all signatures for one year. All signatures currently held by the offender are retroactively rejected.
6th Offense- Automatic Rejection of all signatures permanently. All signatures currently held by the offender are retroactively rejected.

So, assuming don't want to wind up losing the privilege of signatures altogether, you'd do well to the following:

"Sig Court" Rules:
1. Obviously, follow the guidelines for reporting and rebuttal as listed above.
2. Don't post anything unless you're reporting a signature in the post or providing rebuttal for your own signature, unless you're a Signature Reviewer. To be frank, extra opinions only serve to muddy the waters here, and we want rulings to be as clear-cut and lacking in bias as possible.
3. Be civil with the person who you're reporting, the person you've reported, and the Signature Reviewer at all times. Attempts to start or perpetuate confrontation will be swiftly punished.
4. While you're absolutely encouraged to politely remind us if we take longer than a week to look at a Signature that a rebuttal has been posted for or the time for rebuttal has passed on, badgering us more than once/before the one week mark/when you aren't either the owner or the reporter of the signature is heavily frowned upon. We're human beings with lives and jobs outside of the ASB; this can't always be our first priority.
5. Don't flood the thread with slews of reports all at once. While you're absolutely encouraged to report anything you think is out of line, if something you reported is currently being looked at, please wait to post another until a verdict has been reached.
6. Of course, don't target a specific person or group of people. This does not mean if you see a bunch of sigs from one person that are broken you can't post them, but if we feel you're targeting someone we'll take action on a case-by-case basis.

No one has received a strike yet, but the first time someone does a spoiler with a list of people and their strikes will replace this line of text.

Well, have you got all that? Excellent. Come back when you have a signature to report!

Last edited by Snorby; 07-22-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:21 AM   #2
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Meizi the Carvanha (lvl 1 female)
Hidden Power: Fighting
Like all of her species, Meizi likes to bite things. Only problem is sometimes it is hard to sink your teeth into something when you are limited to the water. Why should she wait for something to enter her domain, why couldn’t she just make them come to her? Then one day she saw a fisherman reeling in his catch and she came up with an excellent, yet devious plan.
Signature Move: Reel ‘Em In (water)
Opening her mouth, Meizi fires an energy construct in the shape of a pair of jaws attached to a chain towards the opponent. It latches onto the opponent before reeling them towards Meizi. Once in range Meizi bites down on the opponent, dealing good water damage. If the opponent weighs the same or less than Meizi, the energy cost is significant. This move will work on pokemon up to 2x Meizi’s weight; however the damage rises to Major if the opponent weighs more than Meizi. Being an energy construct, the chain has no range. Meizi can only use this attack once per opponent. She can no longer use destiny bond, blizzard and fury cutter.

So I am sig courting myself because I realized I had made a tremendous error in the wording and it managed to go unnoticed. The bolded section should read "Energy rises to Major", instead of damage. More than happy to have it changed to that, unless you are willing to let me keep the possibly major damage for significant energy on a STAB move with an amazing effect and a SC boost??? Also thankfully Crys realized that the part in Italics is ment to be "unlimited range", so if you could fix that I would appreciate it muchly, if unlimited is too much, just word it so that the length of the chain will rarely be an issue lol.

Note: I also VM'd myself so that I knew this was posted. I wasn't very happy about it but eventually I managed to have a reasonable conversation with myself and realized it was for the best.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-22-2016 at 06:27 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
Connor
Who Knows?

Simbelmynë: Female Cradily (level 7)
Biography: Simbelmynë has trained herself away from the more destructive natures of battling, instead opting to focus on her species' incredible ability to sustain themselves. Harsh training has allowed her cells to cause influxes of energy to additionally restore themselves, and to create additional energy upon recovery of damaged cells.
Hidden Power: Psychic
Harvester's Token Attached
Special Training: Regenerative Focus
Whenever Simbelmynë regains health, she also regains energy equal to 1/4 the health regained. The reverse is also true, with Simbelmynë regaining an additional 1/4 the energy regained in health whenever she regains energy. These effects cannot cause each other to activate in a chain of any form. Due to the focus being taken away from her more destructive battling techniques, she can no longer use Sludge Bomb, Seed Bomb, or Stone Edge. She also can no longer use Recover, thanks to her cells no longer properly responding to the quick regenerative powers of the move.

So, on the surface this doesn't seem too bad. As it stands with the wording though, this procs on Ingrain. Which would be fine if it had some sort of a cap associated, as most Signatures of this ilk do - generally erring on the side of being roughly 1/3 of the total health/energy. This Signature, just for using Ingrain, manages to recuperate ~Decent Health and Energy a round (Ingrain is a flat Mild, and then Cradily's SC boost knocks this up to Moderate, meaning with the Sig the overall is Decent). That's absurd. A Hyper Beam in three rounds absurd. It either needs to have a cap implemented, or be specified to not work with Ingrain.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:13 AM   #4
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Level 4 Male Scizor
My Scizor has spent years honing its armored exoskeleton to a point where it can deal with fire more easily, having lived in fear of fire its entire life of the burning pain that fire brings.
Special Resistance: Tempered Steel
Scizor now takes neutral damage from Fire at the cost of taking x2 from Psychic typed attacks. This sig comes into effect upon evolution to a Scizor.
Hidden Power: Ground

Im sorry but what? I know this follows the guidelines, but giving a pokemon one 2x weakness, which it can hit super effectively with STAB and no other drawback? Even if Scizor isnt the best ASB pokemon, it is still incredibly solid and has access to mega evolution. This sig is essentially a better version of the Monolith badge. It loses a 3x weakness, and the weakness it gains is far better than a weakness to fire.

Also if you could sort out my Carvanha's sig, that would be great.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-06-2016 at 06:00 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #5
Crys
Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Level 4 Male Scizor
My Scizor has spent years honing its armored exoskeleton to a point where it can deal with fire more easily, having lived in fear of fire its entire life of the burning pain that fire brings.
Scizor now takes neutral damage from Fire at the cost of taking x2 from Psychic typed attacks. This sig comes into effect upon evolution to a Scizor.

Im sorry but what? I know this follows the guidelines, but giving a pokemon one 2x weakness, which it can hit super effectively with STAB and no other drawback? Even if Scizor isnt the best ASB pokemon, it is still incredibly solid and has access to mega evolution. This sig is essentially a better version of the Monolith badge. It loses a 3x weakness, and the weakness it gains is far better than a weakness to fire.
Looks like I'll be the first rebuttal of this thread. Absolutely stellar. Also dear god did I fuck up that biography's grammar.

The signature is, as you say, quite strong, even on a rather meh Pokemon as Scizor. However, it is not broken: It is perfectly acceptable, thus its approval. Perhaps on something like Forretress, maybe, but certainly not on a Scizor.

I would first like to touch on your point of Scizor having access to mega evolution. While Scizor does indeed have mega evolution, such a statement I feel is unfair when looking at the sig, especially since I do not in fact own, nor plan to own a Scizorite. Even so, while the perks granted by Scizor's mega evolution are fairly respectable, they do not have any relevance to what the sig aims to accomplish at all. The sig aims to reduce fire damage (a common offtype) in exchange for a newfound weakness for another common offtype, Psychic. It does not aim to stealthily bust Scizor's claw moves or make it unbelievably mobile in combination with the benefits a Scizorite provides. The two are entirely unrelated in this regard, and do not piggyback on each other.

For your second point, you call my sig essentially a better version of the historic Monolith badge, when this simply is not the case. The Monolith badge reduces a x4 (or, as is the case in pasbl, x3) weakness to x2 for no drawback what so ever. My sig, while it does reduce my x3 weakness to fire to that of neutral, does not do so freely. In order to achieve this, a crucial resistance to that of the Psychic typing is not only completely done away with, but turned into a weakness instead. I would also like to point out that a Pokemon reducing its weakness with the Monolith badge still has the option of devoting its sig to something else, or perhaps adding even more tools to punish those seeking to smack its weakness, while my Scizor does not have such luxuries. The sig takes up its only sig slot in order to only partially accomplish what the Monolith badge is capable of allowing.

Next I suppose are your points of Psychic being a "better weakness" than Fire, and that I hit the type I am now weak to for SE. Psychic is just as valid a weakness as that of Fire, with both being incredibly common offtypes. You seem to be implying that a weakness to Psychic means fuck all. Psychic is in fact much more common of a typing than that of fire, so if anything it's a worse weakness to have. As for the point of "oh well you still hit Psychic types super effectively", that does not magically invalidate the weakness. You would not regularly send out a Psychic type into Scizor period, and if you were caught or in fact did, you were in for a bad time with possibly no counter play unless you had some miracle fire offtype or were simply an incredibly skilled trainer. However, due to the weakness this Scizor has to Psychic, it now gives any Psychics fighting it an actually realistic chance to win against it, because while Scizor still can hit them for Super Effective damage, they can now too. It goes from an unfair roflstomp in Scizor's favor to a game of skill. In addition, I would like to point out that while the weakness to fire is indeed reduced to neutral, the matchup verse fire types is still quite a damn pickle. Both of Scizor's primary attacks, being Steel and Bug, are resisted by fire, and I have no offtype to even hit Fire for SE.

You'll have to forgive my possibly meh opening arguments, as I don't actually debate damn near at all, but I feel that I have made an honest attempt to get across the point of why my Scizor sig is in fact, not broken as TKF suggests, especially near the end. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure how to format a rebuttal. In any case, should the sig approvers decide TKF is in the right, I am willing to work to modify the signature to make it "approvable" once more, and edit that god awful bio. Should I be in the right, fair try TKF, and much love to you.

Last edited by Crys; 10-11-2016 at 01:11 AM. Reason: In the third/fourth paragraph I used "fire" over psychic in the line "due to the weakness this scizor has to [psychic]".Fixed
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Biography: Simbelmynë has trained herself away from the more destructive natures of battling, instead opting to focus on her species' incredible ability to sustain themselves. Harsh training has allowed her cells to cause influxes of energy to additionally restore themselves, and to create additional energy upon recovery of damaged cells.
Whenever Simbelmynë regains health, she also regains energy equal to 1/4 the health regained. The reverse is also true, with Simbelmynë regaining an additional 1/4 the energy regained in health whenever she regains energy. These effects cannot cause each other to activate in a chain of any form. Due to the focus being taken away from her more destructive battling techniques, she can no longer use Sludge Bomb, Seed Bomb, or Stone Edge. She also can no longer use Recover, thanks to her cells no longer properly responding to the quick regenerative powers of the move.

So, on the surface this doesn't seem too bad. As it stands with the wording though, this procs on Ingrain. Which would be fine if it had some sort of a cap associated, as most Signatures of this ilk do - generally erring on the side of being roughly 1/3 of the total health/energy. This Signature, just for using Ingrain, manages to recuperate ~Decent Health and Energy a round (Ingrain is a flat Mild, and then Cradily's SC boost knocks this up to Moderate, meaning with the Sig the overall is Decent). That's absurd. A Hyper Beam in three rounds absurd. It either needs to have a cap implemented, or be specified to not work with Ingrain.
Right, I suppose I should respond to this. The short version is simply that this sig was always meant to proc on Ingrain. It's... kinda Cradily's bread and butter and honestly the only consistent thing this could even work with. Long version, well... Cradily gets the standard drains, Ingrain, and some rarely used moves in Synthesis and Rest. Oh and of course there's Pain Split but the entire purpose of this sig really prevents that from ever being usable since the entire point is stall. At the end of the day this sig is just a way to make the stall meta even slightly viable, and even then it only does so if a solid two rounds of setup are allowed with basically no punishment and additional moves are given to Cradily through outside sources. Any opponent worth their salt isn't going to allow that setup without dishing out some serious hurt as punishment, and with this sig I essentially have removed Cradily's ability to properly fight back. Looking down the movelist after the removals in the sig, Cradily gets all of four moves that deal more than good damage and are realistically usable while Ingrained. Those being Energy Ball, Hyper Beam, and offtype Earthquake and Earth Power. As for the idea of the caps... those are typically applied to sigs, badges, or whathaveyou that more oft than not give an extra mild or so health/energy per turn. And that's exactly what it applies to, the extra given. If you want that tacked onto this sig I have no real issue, but it's going to take thirty rounds of Ingrain boost to hit the health cap.

Long story short, Snorby and I had a pretty decent length discussion on the matter prior to my even submission of the sig, and while we and anyone else with eyes can tell it's definitely somewhere near the line, at the end of the day it boils down to an extra minor of health and energy per round unless using one of the not so frequently used moves or coupled with another sig.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 AM   #7
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Going to preface this post with an important announcement.

PLEASE, from this post forward, include the name of the person who holds the sig you're reporting. I was able to recognize Sneaze's Cradily's name and Crys did his rebuttal before I had to ask, but it makes it exceedingly difficult to hold people accountable for getting their rebuttal in in a timely fashion, as I don't know if the person in question is on TA or not.

With that out of the way, onto the sigs themselves.

>TKF's Carvahna

Retroactively changed to Major Energy from Major Damage for the obvious reasons stated. Additionally, retroactively changing "Being an energy construct, the chain has no range." to "Being an energy construct, the chain has no maximum length, but it may not weave around obstacles or obstructions and long-distance targets (especially airborne ones) will have more time to react to the attack."

>Sneaze's Cradily

So, we can all agree this signature definitely toes the line. Ingrain on its own is really, really good, but it's also true that to drop ingrain would be to largely cripple Cradily's niche and to drop everything this sig is triggered by but ingrain would limit Cradily hilariously. Additionally, a traditional cap is tricky to do because of how ingrain works- when the cap is reached, Cradily is just stuck in the ground for no benefit and is forced to waste a move. And, as Sneaze pointed out, a cap is usually only used to limit extra gains, which are minor enough they wouldnt really alter the sig much if capped.

This in mind, the sig is still probably a bit over the line, I think. Realistically, Cradily is piggybacking off its SC to make Ingrain and to a lesser extent Sunny Day incredibly strong, and piggybacking off one's SC is generally frowned upon. Additionally, the damaging attack outlook isn't quite as bleak as Sneaze suggests: Sludge Wave, Bullet Seed, Rock Slide, Solar Beam, and Hidden Power are all still available. Additionally, Cradily retains key attacks like Confuse Ray, Substitute, and Rock Tomb that provide it ample opportunities to disable the opponent long enough to set up.

Because of this, I'm going to ask for the following alterations to be made:

A cap should be placed onto the sig so that additional gains in health/energy due to the sig will not exceed Light in a single round. This allows all attacks to retain their base usefulness, but prevents the excessive recovery from multi-move combos that have been causing issues. Additionally, Cradily must also drop one of the three aforementioned moves that provide it easy set up opportunities (Confuse Ray, Substitute, or Rock Tomb). By reducing its means to set up, we stop Cradily from easily creating openings with which it can set up one, two, or at times even three moves to get the ball rolling on its recovery. With these changes, I think Cradily will be much more balanced than it is right now.

>Crys's Scizor

While it's true that the possibility of a Mega you don't have the stone for that also doesn't buff the sig itself in any way should not be considered, and it's also true this sig is a far cry from the monolith badge, Sneaze and I have decided it does need just a wee bit more drawback- Psychic is weirdly and counter-intuitively distributed, making this sig stronger than one might think at a glance. Drop a good resist like Ice or Dragon and you can keep it, though.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Snorby; 10-13-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Level 4 Male Scizor
My Scizor has spent years honing its armored exoskeleton to a point where it can deal with fire much more easily than others of its species might. Constant exposure to heat and fire resulted in this change. However, due to the exposure to heat near exclusively, his resistance to the cold has faded.
Scizor now takes neutral damage from Fire at the cost of taking x2 from Psychic typed attacks. In addition, he no longer resists Ice typed attacks.

Crys's new Scizor sig is Approved.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Whenever Simbelmynë regains health, she also regains energy equal to 1/4 the health regained. The reverse is also true, with Simbelmynë regaining an additional 1/4 the energy regained in health whenever she regains energy. These effects cannot cause each other to activate in a chain of any form, and a maximum of light health and light energy may regained through this effect in any single round. Due to the focus being taken away from her more destructive battling techniques, she can no longer use Sludge Bomb, Seed Bomb, or Stone Edge. She also can no longer use Recover or Substitute, thanks to her cells no longer properly being able to replicate easily on command.

Sneaze's new Cradily sig is Approved.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
Sneaze
#SWAG

Alright everybody we've got something that has gone from pet peeve of mine to an actual genuine issue.

As such, we're RETROJECTING all sigs we see with the wording "standard offtype of 1.2 HBs", which seems to be cropping up a lot lately. The simple reason being that "standard offtype" can within all technicality change from 'mon to 'mon and even based on the ref's own system. I strongly encourage you to bring these to our attention in this thread of your own merit so we don't have to have the community as a whole ratting on eachother and throwing toxicity around. I've already made an example of one person and really would like to not have to do so further, as this is not a specific issue with the people themselves so much as something that we let slip and don't want to allow to get any worse.

I will be keeping a record here of all the sigs that are brought forward with this wording so that we can keep track of who needs to come to us via PM for quick resubmission with proper wording.

Spoiler: show
TKF's Speki the Oranguru (lvl 6 male)
Hidden Power: Rock
Speki has always loved his fan, not only because it gave him a sense of power but because it was pretty handy on a hot day. He used it to cool himself down so much that he eventually became quite skilled at using it for wind based moves.
Signature Training: I'm your biggest fan
Speki has learnt how to use Twister and Heat Wave, with the standard 1.2HB's worth of offtype energy for each new offtype. However he never learnt how to use Nasty Plot, Thunder, Brutal Swing, Focus Blast and Charge Beam.

EK's Qyburn: Male Grimer
Species Characteristics: Grimer (Poison): Grimer are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Grimer can see in the dark. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most Pokémon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 80% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.
[Poison]: Poison-type Pokémon are immune to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pokémon and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 10% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper’s tail, a Nidoking’s horn.
Biography: Qyburn has spent his life wondering why does he have a move ocean no containing sucker punch and water gun. His ocean has expanded with the tide, but decreased in another area.
Signature: MOVE OCEAN EXPANSION!
Qyburn can now use sucker punch and water gun having 2 Ice beams of energy for each. Grimer has lost the usage of sludge wave, body slam, fire punch, fire blast, confide, haze, shadow punch and taunt.

EK's Izzy Stradlin: Male Torterra
Species Characteristics: Torterra (Grass/Ground): Due to the tree growing out of them, Torterra are impossible to knock completely on their back. They are also able to blend into their surroundings on certain terrain, making them difficult to spot in forest areas. They are slow and ungainly. They are experts at manipulating natural surroundings and attacks like Earthquake and Frenzy Plant will take a little less energy to use. Attacks on their shell do slightly less damage. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.
[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation and are adept at concealing themselves in such places. They enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while very bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Their healing moves cost slightly less energy and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects. Any attack used by Grass-types manipulating the environment is slightly more potent, and their Grass-type attacks which utilise plant foliage (such as Razor Leaf) are more efficient in natural environments.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks, and will take neutral damage from Electric when wet. Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. This allows them to use Ground attacks on any surface, with the exception of Dig. They can also cause the ground to shake more vigorously when using Earthquake and Bulldoze.
Biography: Izzy is the rhythm Guitarist of Guns N Roses responsible for many of their greatest hits. His skills supplemented Slash’s guitar immensely. As a Pokémon he is plagued by massive weaknesses which limit his ability to gain the upper hand early on. As such he has evolved a more rock solid shell.
Signature: One in a Million [grass/Rock]
Izzy is now a Grass/Rock Type with all associated weaknesses and resistances while no longer resisting XX moves and takes super effective damage from flying and dragon moves. He has learned Ancient Power and Head Smash. He also retains familliariity with the ground type (2HB). He has forgotten how to use Rock slide, Amnesia, Iron head, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, Outrage, sand tomb, and bulldoze.

EK's Aeron Greyjoy: Male Cloyster
Species Characteristics: Cloyster (Water/Steel): Cloyster lack legs, so their movement on land consists of hopping a few feet at a time. While swimming, Cloyster open and close their shell to move through the water. They fight more enthusiastically when submerged and in a sizeable body of water. A Cloyster's shell is hard, reducing the damage from all attacks. The most vulnerable spot of a Cloyster is its face, where it will take a little more damage than usual. They can see in the dark. Their Icicle Spear, Spike Cannon and Rock Blast attacks are slightly more powerful than usual, creating a greater number of projectiles and firing them with greater precision and accuracy.
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.
[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pokémon. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
Biography: Aeron is a priest of the drowned god. He has an iron will in order to follow his god commands. He has altered his make up in order to be capable of serving his master. He has shed his icy heritage in order to become truly made of iron.
Signature: The Drowned God Has Rebirthed You [Water/Steel]
Aeron is now Water/Steel with all the associated weaknesses and resistances. However he remains weak to grass and takes Neutral damage from fairy, dragon, xx and poison (and the status) moves. He has learned Flash Cannon, metal sound and can now use spike cannon as a steel typed attack. His steel moves cannot cut through energy based attacks. As a Cloyster he retains ice familiarity (2HB). He has lost the usage of Blizzard, Water Pulse, double team, surf, icicle crash and bubblebeam
Hidden Power: Flying

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 02-14-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #11
Sneaze
#SWAG

Spoiler: show
Qyburn: Male Grimer
Species Characteristics: Grimer (Poison): Grimer are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Grimer can see in the dark. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most Pokémon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 80% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.
[Poison]: Poison-type Pokémon are immune to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pokémon and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 10% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper’s tail, a Nidoking’s horn.
Biography: Qyburn has spent his life wondering why does he have a move ocean no containing sucker punch and water gun. His ocean has expanded with the tide, but decreased in another area.
Signature: MOVE OCEAN EXPANSION!
Qyburn can now use sucker punch and water gun having enough energy for 2 uses of each. Grimer has lost the usage of sludge wave, body slam, fire punch, fire blast, confide, haze, shadow punch and taunt.

Izzy Stradlin: Male Torterra
Species Characteristics: Torterra (Grass/Ground): Due to the tree growing out of them, Torterra are impossible to knock completely on their back. They are also able to blend into their surroundings on certain terrain, making them difficult to spot in forest areas. They are slow and ungainly. They are experts at manipulating natural surroundings and attacks like Earthquake and Frenzy Plant will take a little less energy to use. Attacks on their shell do slightly less damage. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.
[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation and are adept at concealing themselves in such places. They enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while very bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Their healing moves cost slightly less energy and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects. Any attack used by Grass-types manipulating the environment is slightly more potent, and their Grass-type attacks which utilise plant foliage (such as Razor Leaf) are more efficient in natural environments.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks, and will take neutral damage from Electric when wet. Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. This allows them to use Ground attacks on any surface, with the exception of Dig. They can also cause the ground to shake more vigorously when using Earthquake and Bulldoze.
Biography: Izzy is the rhythm Guitarist of Guns N Roses responsible for many of their greatest hits. His skills supplemented Slash’s guitar immensely. As a Pokémon he is plagued by massive weaknesses which limit his ability to gain the upper hand early on. As such he has evolved a more rock solid shell.
Signature: One in a Million [grass/Rock]
Izzy is now a Grass/Rock Type with all associated weaknesses and resistances while no longer resisting XX moves and takes super effective damage from flying and dragon moves. He has learned Ancient Power and Head Smash. He also retains familliariity with the ground type. He has forgotten how to use Rock slide, Amnesia, Iron head, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball, Outrage, sand tomb, and bulldoze.

Aeron Greyjoy: Male Cloyster
Species Characteristics: Cloyster (Water/Steel): Cloyster lack legs, so their movement on land consists of hopping a few feet at a time. While swimming, Cloyster open and close their shell to move through the water. They fight more enthusiastically when submerged and in a sizeable body of water. A Cloyster's shell is hard, reducing the damage from all attacks. The most vulnerable spot of a Cloyster is its face, where it will take a little more damage than usual. They can see in the dark. Their Icicle Spear, Spike Cannon and Rock Blast attacks are slightly more powerful than usual, creating a greater number of projectiles and firing them with greater precision and accuracy.
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.
[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pokémon. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
Biography: Aeron is a priest of the drowned god. He has an iron will in order to follow his god commands. He has altered his make up in order to be capable of serving his master. He has shed his icy heritage in order to become truly made of iron.
Signature: The Drowned God Has Rebirthed You [Water/Steel]
Aeron is now Water/Steel with all the associated weaknesses and resistances. However he remains weak to grass and takes Neutral damage from fairy, dragon, xx and poison (and the status) moves. He has learned Flash Cannon, metal sound and can now use spike cannon as a steel typed attack. His steel moves cannot cut through energy based attacks. As a Cloyster he retains ice familiarity. He has lost the usage of Blizzard, Water Pulse, double team, surf, icicle crash and bubblebeam
Hidden Power: Flying

The changes to the above three of Eliteknight's sigs are Approved.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2017, 07:01 PM   #12
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

I believe this is my only problematic sig.

Quote:
Oren: Level 2 Male Phantump
Biography: Before joining my team, Oren was assigned to guard a secret passageway in a dark, mysterious forest. To aid in his prowess as a guard, he trained in fighting type techniques to catch any would-be trespassers off guard.
Signature: Special Training: Whomping Willow
Oren is now familiar with the Fighting type and has two Hyper Beams of Fighting Energy with which to utilize his techniques. As part of his training, Oren learned Seismic Toss, Brick Break, and Storm Throw. However, he can no longer use Ingrain or Wood Hammer due to his focus on the Fighting type.
Hidden Power: Dark
--TL4-->
Would this be better? I basically just took out the part about having two hyper beams of Fighting Energy.

Quote:
Oren: Level 2 Male Phantump
Biography: Before joining my team, Oren was assigned to guard a secret passageway in a dark, mysterious forest. To aid in his prowess as a guard, he trained in fighting type techniques to catch any would-be trespassers off guard.
Signature: Special Training: Whomping Willow
Oren is now familiar with the Fighting type. As part of his training, Oren learned Seismic Toss, Brick Break, and Storm Throw. However, he can no longer use Ingrain or Wood Hammer due to his focus on the Fighting type.
Hidden Power: Dark
--TL4-->
Sneaze: The above change is Approved.

Last edited by Sneaze; 02-15-2017 at 01:20 AM.
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance