UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 06-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Delibird UPN PASBL: Gym Trainer Challenge! Extroph vs Ironthunder!

Quote:
Extroph (GT) vs Ironthunder
4 vs 4
Singles
Equilevel 3
Slapstick
One Week DQ
Switch = OK
Arena: Tower of Adversity (Indoors, Night)
*Within a remote location looms a vast and terribly tall tower. It's impressive surface is quite something to behold. However, within the tower stirs an incoming event. A boy in a light jacket and carrying some sort of badge on him, makes his way up the seemingly endless flights. But it looks like he's reached his limit...*

*Panting* Whew, how much higher IS this?! *Out of steam, he crawls his way onto the end of the flight and rests.* That's it, i'm going to need a ride...*He reaches into his bag and pulls out a pokeball. It reveals a Skarmory who looks ready for anything.*

Yo! Did somebody call for a ride?

Heya, Axis! Yeah, I did. *He points upwards, where the spiral doesn't seem to have an end at first glance.* I could use a lift, its a LONG way up...

Gotcha, say no more. I'll getcha there, watch out! *He swoops around and grabs the fellow in his talons.*

I don't think I have to say, but...Please don't drop me!

No promises, kiddo. Ha! *His friend gives a worried moan as he starts flying upwards.*

*A while later, they reach a place where the stairs end temporarily. The pokemon carrying the Trainer looks pretty winded.*

I think...this is it...

You're right, I think we're here! You can make a landing at the floor over there. Huh? Hey, are you ok!?

Never...better...Uhhh, not...Gah! *He gives out and starts to drop! He manages to make a crash landing, he and the boy tumble into a vast hallway.* Whoa! Yeargh...Oof!

Yaaah...Ow! *grunts* Ugh, ouch...! Not one of your best landings...

You try flying up 100+ flights with a kid in your grip, you wouldn't last the 50th...

You know what? You're likely right...*He flops facefirst, taking a while to recover.*...But hey, we made it anyway. What a taxing trip, no wonder this place is called the Tower of Adversity! The battling site should be just up ahead.

*The two walk along until they enter a large open space.*

*Impressed whistle* So this is that Gym Trainer's arena, eh?

Yep, he told me about it some time ago...*He starts to recollects some words spoken to him:*

Quote:
Originally Posted by About the Arena

To reach the heights of Sky Garden, challengers may choose to climb the tower as one of the routes. The tower reaches the highest clouds, its marble-colored walls easily recognizable from miles away. Its base is the size of any large building, though it's purely made of smooth marble with concrete support. The entrance to the tower only opens during the highest peak of the night.

The battle takes place within tower, after the challenger has climbed 250 or so flights of stairs. They will find their ascent abruptly interrupted by a small hallway that leads into the arena. The hallway is separated from the arena, as well as the hallway on the opposite side where the Gym Trainer is found waiting for the challenger. Whenever a battle is occurring, a transparent magical barrier prevents Pokemon from entering the hallways. The barrier disappears temporarily when Pokemon are being sent back or when moves like U-Turn are used.

The arena is square, with its sides measuring fifteen feet all around, but is separated from the walls surrounding it as well as the hallways by twenty-five feet all around. The arena is made of concrete, thus prohibiting arena-dependent Rock type moves from working. The arena therefore acts as an "island" surrounded by a very, very deep pit. The walls surrounding the place of battle are smooth and reaches far above the arena as much as the pits reach far below, providing room for flight for even the largest of Flying types. However, the place of battle around the arena is veiled in total darkness, with only the actual arena being dimly lit by four torches on its corners.

The warm air within the tower gets trapped in the place of battle, thus making it very warm. Electric and Ice type Pokemon will feel uncomfortable battling here, and Ice and Electric type moves will require slightly more energy to pull off. A magical power teleports Pokemon who fall off the sides of the arena back on the surface, but the process requires time. This means that if a Pokemon falls while charging an attack, the attack is then interrupted. The same magical power that does this also prevents Flash and Gravity from working. Thermals are present in this arena, as hot air from the depths of the pit travels upward.
So this is a big wide open space, totally perfect for Flying type pokemon! It seems that certain types would actually do worse so high up. And...is that heat rising out of the abyss!? So that means it'll be warm enough for Electric attacks to be hindered. It's also dimly lit so it might be troublesome seeing from too far away. And you can forget about using the arena for certain attacks, it's solid concrete!

I can't wait for them to battle it out here! Who IS here again?

Wha? The Guardian of the Tower Extroph, of course! They may have only recently become a Gym Trainer, but you can bet there won't be much letup from them! Opposing them is none other than the tough-as-nails Ironthunder, who hopes to shoot the opposition down and aim for the top! Speaking of the top, the Head Honcho upstairs, KamenAeons, awaits anyone who can prevail here. Does the challenger have what it takes? Only one way to find out!

Gym matchups are a big deal, I think i'm gonna stick around and help ya with your Reffing part. Hah, I but you're feeling pretty nervous, huh?!

Oh yeah, you bet...But i'll do my best to make things exciting! Knowing Extroph, they're not too far. Let's stand by and see what sort of pokemon they have in store!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-14-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

The Gym Trainer makes his way toward the end of the hall. His footsteps are slow and rhythmic. As he reaches his destination, his body is dimly lit by the torch hung nearby on the wall. A confident smile decorates his face.

"Welcome to the Tower of Adversity, Ironthunder. I have no doubt that you will prove to be a worthy challenger. However, are you determined enough to defeat me and challenge your first Gym Leader? We shall find out. Let's begin!"

Good luck and have fun, Ironthunder! Thank you to Trot Away for being our referee.

The following Pokemon shall accompany me for this battle:

Grayson – Level 3 Male Gligar
Hidden Power: Fire

Mikhael – Level 3 Male Sigilyph
Hidden Power: --

Thatcher – Level 3 Female Skarmory
Hidden Power: Water

Raptor - Level 3 Male Archen
Special Attack: Primordial Storm (RO/FL)
Using major Flying energy, Raptor flaps his wings, sending sharp razor winds that swirl around the opponent. The winds would buffet the opponent greatly, leaving small wounds that become exploitable like Crush Claw spots in slapsticks. In realistic, the move will leave small lacerations all over the target. The move deals major Flying type damage. Raptor also has the ability to add small rock fragments in the attack, making the move deal major Rock type damage for major Rock type energy instead. To signal whether the move is Flying or Rock, the move would be ordered as either 'Primordial Storm - Rock' or 'Primordial Storm - Flying'. Because of the move's similarity to Stone Edge and Twister, Raptor loses access to both moves, or else he would confuse the moves often.
Hidden Power: Ghost

Lobo - Level 3 Male Drifblim
Hidden Power: Ground

And finally...

: It is none other than I, Vito...!

Vito - Level 4 Male Honchkrow (Uplevel)
Hidden Power: Ground
Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
gl Ex, thanks for reffing trot. Bringing my Charcoal.

-Kitsune the Braixen, level 2, female, HP Ice- Charcoal attached.
-Ivan the Rufflet, level 2, male, HP Electric
-Dr Quack the Psyduck, level 2, male HP Fire
-Zoro the Zubat, level 2, male, HP Ground
-Minerva the Noibat, level 2, female, HP Ground
-Colm the Pawniard, level 2, male, HP Electric

And it looks like we're rumbling with... Zoro.

Let's take to the skies.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

: I will handle this one.

"Alright, Vito. Let's see what you can do. Mean Look, followed by a mighty Snarl!"

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Toxic, start circling higher.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #6
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 1: Creatures of the Night!

As the two get themselves ready, tensions are high...

And so is the altitude...

Hehe, that too! Anyway, it looks like our Challenger is going for his Ace Pokemon, out of the pokeball for Ironthunder comes Zoro the Zubat! Zubat are well known for being very capable (And very, very annoying in ones travels!) despite being totally blind. Extroph refuses to be blindsided, but his own Ace suddenly cuts in and takes flight. It looks like the fearsome Honchkrow Vito is taking charge and aims to strike fear into anyone who opposes his master! It's hard to see in this darkness, I know I have a Night Vision item in here somewhere...*He starts searching his backpack*

Two favorites against each other, eh? Sounds like a real hoot! I'd better get up there, too. I am NOT missing this! Now let's see here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis's Keen Eye

Zubat (Poison/Flying): Zubat are completely blind as they have no eyes. However, they use sonar to detect things, which means that they cannot be fooled by visual illusions (such as Double Team). Zubat have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound based status attacks, but are immune to confusion from Supersonic. They fight more enthusiastically at night.

[Poison]: Poison-type Pokémon are immune to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pokémon and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 10% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper’s tail, a Nidoking’s horn.

[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.

Honchkrow (Dark/Flying): Honchkrow are symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night, so they may make opponents feel uneasy. Honchkrow have influence over Murkrow. If a Honchkrow is fighting a Murkrow, the Murkrow will be more reluctant to damage it. Honchkrow are quiet fliers and can easily evade detection, though they are slower and less agile than Murkrow. However, they are also outstandingly confident, and this will only empower them further, granting them a boost similar to Work Up whenever they KO an opposing Pokemon.

[Dark]: Dark-types can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically at night and are more effective at hiding in dark environments than other Pokémon, though light does not adversely affect them. Their Dark type attacks will also become much more intimidating during the night, giving them a small additional chance to flinch. They are immune to the damaging effects of Psychic-type energy but may still be lifted and manipulated by telekinesis. They are slightly better at tricking opponents than other Pokémon, allowing them to plant more potent curses and to use moves like Feint Attack to greater effect.

[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.
Ah, the two shoot sharply up into the air as soon as the battle starts, it looks like they both feel quite at home in this darkness and wide space! But Vito skips the sightseeing and has a sinister glint in his eye. He gives Zoro a very dark and foreboding Look. Just seeing him come off so Mean sends chills down my spine...*Shudder*

He doesn't scare me! But...ugh, that still creeps me out. That Zubat is lucky enough to not have the eyes to see the glares he's gettin!

Lucky him...But Vito's act isn't only for instilling fear, some mysterious force looms about and keeps Zoro from getting away at all! I guess Vito wants this to be a flight to the finish, no escape for the Zubat! Zoro pays it no mind and gets an earshot of his Trainer's voice. On command he starts flapping circles around Vito, who keeps a watchful eye on him always. The Bat balks for a moment and starts to flap in sheer excitement. All of a sudden he swoops at the Big Boss and sinks his fangs into left wing! Vito is clearly peeved and flicks him away in nothing flat, but notices that he's already been bitten... Zoro rights himself and starts flapping higher, satisfied that his Toxic bite will start working soon enough. Yeah, some bad poison sure is rising...

But the Vengeful Vito refuses to let him go so easily. He radiates with his Dark power and belts out a haunting caw at Zoro! It's actually more like a startling Snarl, and startle Zoro it does when he's hammered with the harsh and horrifying noise! He himself screeches in fright and drops down to flap about more wildly. Yikes, it looks like he's been scared pretty good, I guess that keen hearing has turned against him. Vito, of course, pleasures over his opponent being so frantic as they both are fairly up in midair!

Now that's an opening! Let's see if I can't make out how those two are doing...

Vito didn't take any damage, He can still give it all he's got! He got inflicted with some bad poison, it's gonna kick in next turn...

Zoro got hurt somewhat, bet he didn't spend much energy and is still good to go! He's been shaken up a bit from that attack, he looks kinda nervous...And Mean Look stops him from switching out!

Either way, time to see what Ironthunder has planned!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-16-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Lead with a Mean Look of our own, then fire off a Sludge Bomb. Keep moving throughout, try to keep distance between them and you.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #8
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Fly higher yourself as you Nasty Plot. Then, get close and chill them with an Icy Wind!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #9
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 2: Revenge is...

Zoro's Trainer insists that the Zubat needs to get it together and stop any escape plans the opponent might have. Easier said than done though because Zoro is still rattled from the last attack. Pretty hesitant about how Vito could react, he can't follow through with his order! Vito leaves him to his own devices and and silently swoops higher up, keeping to himself. He lies deeps in thought, I bet he's Plotting something! Moments later he opens his eyes and has got a sinister smirk. Whatever he just thought up of must be pretty Nasty, this thought process makes him feel alot stronger in his Special capabilities! He looks down on the Challenger, with nothing but bad things on the brain...

But don't count Zoro out just yet, it looks like he's pulling himself together now. Through his hesitation he brings himself to use his sonar to locate the opposition quickly and flap up to Vito's level. But he's still keeping his distance just in case...I think Vito is verbally challenging Zoro to take his best shot, and Zoro replies defiantly! It looks like the Zubat is about to hold his end of that bargain as he builds up something from inside him. He pauses and ends up horking up a shockingly large amount of gross purple Sludge at Vito! The Honchkrow tries to elude the incoming slop with grace, yet a big portion of it ends up Bombarding his wing! He exclaims with a mix of pain and disgust before quickly shaking the excess off. Zoro can almost feel Vito's vengeful vibes from here as the Honchkrow gets set to make him suffer his wrath! The Zubat starts flapping around elusively as Vito is whipping up a Wind while radiating an oddly cold aura. This work turns unto an Icy cold gust of freezing air!

But this rising heat makes Vito work harder to pull off that Ice attack. He pretty much has to if he wants to keep its potency!

You're right, but it's still dangerous to Zoro who's trying his hardest to escape! He only manages to elude a little, the rest of it chills him to the bone! He bites his opponent's extra-strong bit of cold revenge and is made to drop as a result. The thermals keep him from getting chilled out further though as he tries keep himself aloft and distant. Vito stops loosing the cold wind and seems to be egging him on a few feet higher up, but the Honchkrow is quickly cut short from a foul feeling inside him. That toxin must be getting to work now...

And those two are just plain working each other. Leave it to me, i'll check what's going on...

Zoro took a rough hit there and is trailing behind. He didn't use much energy though, and is still as ready as ever! He's not nervous anymore, so that's good.

Vito took less damage and has a fair lead. He spent more energy but can still go all out too! His Ice energy is still over half I think. His Special Attack is really strong now!

Extroph looks deep in thought, what are they planning now!?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #10
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Trap him inside a Flying Twister, follow up with another Snarl!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Ok, change of pace.

Fly to dodge the twister, then Venoshock.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #12
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 3: A change of pace!

The Gym Trainer's eyes quickly open as he quickly calls out to to his Ace, and Vito is happy to heed as he starts flapping pretty quickly. The air around them both starts to stir and turn rough which makes Zoro kinda antsy. Vito makes one particularly hard flap and unleashes a wicked Twister of wind! But Zoro isn't going to just stand around and take it, he quickly makes awesome evasive maneuvers out of harms way! He just narrowly escapes being pulled in by the incoming Twister and and Fly around it. Vito is surprised about this...and even more so when he's suddenly met with a facefull of Zubat when Zoro comes around! Ka-pow! Vito staggers sideways while Zoro swoops back a bit. I think The Boss admits it WAS pretty impressive what he just pulled.

But Vito doesn't let the flattery go far, he's very determined to put his opponent in his place no matter what! His Dark power shows up again and he belts out another frightening and Snarling caw! The mean-meaning shockwaves are just as potent against the Crafty Bat thanks to that super-sensitive hearing; It hits Zoro like a brick and really knocks him down a peg! He screeches in sheer shock, that WAS pretty frightening! It's enough to make him shudder and cringe again, I don't think he has attacking in mind right now...

Zoro isn't as shaken up this time around, but he's not happy that he missed his chance. I think Vito's wingbeat is slowing a bit and looks worked. The harsh poison also works against him, making him twitch uncomfortably!

I bet the Challenger is doing all that they can to keep busy, we'll find out if it works soon enough!

Vito got fairly hurt, but still keeps somewhat of a lead! His energy use is getting to him and oughta take it easy...

Zoro took similar damage and nearly reached his second stretch! Again, his round was lighter than expected so he can give it all he's got!

That was a neat tactic while it lasted. Let's see what Ironthunder thinks up of next!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-21-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fire off a Venoshock as you ascend, then rain a Venom Drench upon him.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #14
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Get up close and tank the Venoshock. Sucker Punch it out of Venom Drench!

: Consider it done.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #15
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 4: Taking it like a Big Boss!

It looks like Zoro is on the move again, looks to me that he's had enough of being a Scaredy-Bat and is plenty bent on making Vito pay! Vito, i'd imagine, is not going to let this Trifling-Toxin-Tosser get the best of him. The Honchkrow watches carefully and gets closer to take whatever Zoro wants to dish out...Zoro wants to try a tactic that many Poison types take a fancy to and well up a little. He's really building up a very special portion of poison...when he does let it out, he lets it out with extreme prejudice on top of him! Vito stands his (Lack of) ground and takes the poison slop full on, it totally shocks-- no, Venoshocks his system! Even though there's nary a sound from him, he knows that the poison already in him makes the attack hurt even more inside. I bet his need for payback is growing, too...

Zoro snickers for landing a hard hit, but also boasts that he's about to knock him down a peg even more. To spread his Venom further, he taps into a toxin that's even more peculiar than what he used so far! Vito has another devious glint in his eye, he's concealing some power as he waits for Zoro to make his move...Just when the Zubat is about to Drench his opponent in poison, Vito swoops in at a scary pace and slugs him good with a swift Punch of a darkened wing!

POW! Looks like he just got Suckered into thinking he had the upper-hand, and got denied with a low blow!

Zoro yells in surprise and gags from being sent into an aerial tumble upwards. The Boss isn't going to let him cut down his strength so easily. Zoro rights himself and detects the Boss a few feet below. Vito doesn't celebrate as much, though. The hit he took, topped with that nasty poison that works at his body is starting to bother him more!

Hah! You don't see many battles like this. Then again it's tough to even "see" about 12 feet up in near darkness...But i'm as sharp as I look, so i'll manage. Anyways...

Zoro took a hard hit that knocked him into his second stretch now. His round was unwillingly light (He's been getting alot of these lately...), he's still good to go.

Vito was also hit hard, he still leads a little but practically at his second stretch! He can go all out again. His Special Attack Boost got weaker, but it's still stronger than normal.

Extroph is on the attack, let's find out what happens!
Old 06-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #16
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Snarl again. If it scares him, Twister! If not, then Dark Pulse!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Supersonic, then Venom Drench.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #18
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 5: Confounding Contaniments...

Vito looks totes confident about showing up Zoro, even if said Zubat is proving to put up quite a fight. But the Honchkrow wants to make sure he gets the record straight one way or another. He becomes energized with his Dark power right before yelling at Zoro with his menacing caw! That distinct Snarl soon enough hits Zoro's body (But more importantly, his ears.) and causes him to squeak in shock again! It's startling, but it looks like he's getting used Vito's cries a little better and refuses to fall apart. Nope, he is not going to give in and cower this time! Instead he decides to make a little noise of his own, using his expert echolocation skills to belt out peculiar soundwaves! It's no way as intimidating as Vito's caw, but it is emitted at an irritating Supersonic frequency.

Arrrgh! I can hear it from here, it's so annoying it's enough to scramble your brain!

I think you might be right, because Vito is exposed to this noise too. He beginning to look not all completely there. It's safe to say that he's been totally confused by Zoro's attack!

Vito groans and cringes and can't even look straight. He's trying his best to come to and make Zoro type pay for that...But it looks like Zoro's debt will have to wait because Vito's mind is murkier than this darkness right now; he can't follow through with what he wanted to do! This turn of events makes the sneaky Poison type snicker and try to spread his Venom even more. He's starting to flap faster and build up something in his mouth. That something ends up being an odd poisonous liquid that is quickly spat at Vito. Yuck! The Honchkrow is practically Drenched in the gunk and causes him to groan in disgust and discomfort. It seems to react badly with his present poison Status and weaken him in several areas!

Yikes, it looks like Zoro kept his promise about knocking Vito down a peg. With the Gym Trainer's pokemon's riddled with several woes (Including the poison that hurts him at this very moment...), things have gotten pretty tough pretty fast! Hey, Axis. How are they holding up now?

Looks like Vito was hurt a bit from his toxins, he's now into his second stretch. He ended up not using so much energy and can bring it! But the thing is he's fairly confused and might not listen. Not to mention his Attack and Speed dropped some! Special Attack weakens back to normal.

Zoro was fairly nailed to nearly bring him to halfway. He spent alot more energy, but can still give it to his opponent!

You can bet Ironthunder would want to take advantage of this, let's see just how they will do that.

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-20-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

While he's befuddled, let's Roost for health. Sludge Bomb if it alleviates its confusion, otherwise Nasty Plot.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #20
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Calm Mind to get rid of that confusion, then Psychic.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #21
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 6: No rest for the wicked!

The way is all clear for Zoro. At least, that's what he thinks...With Vito out of commission for now it may as well be that way! The Zubat is starting to flap his way back down to the ground and leave his opponent to linger. He'd rather find the ceiling, but i'm not even sure if there IS one up there! When he reaches the floor, he starts to settle down and Roost like most Flying Pokemon. It actually looks pretty relaxing as he's starting to regain a good chunk of his health back! Meanwhile, Vito is still befuddled and is trying to gather what's going on. He holds still and Calmly starts to quiet all thoughts in his head. It doesn't take long for him to successfully clear his Mind of any sort of dizziness! Now that his head is clear, so is his goal. He looks around briefly before noticing that Zoro is not up there, but...down there!

Zoro, feeling much better, lifts off and checks to locate Vito quickly. He notices that the Honckrow isn't erratic anymore, that means he can only conclude that the Dark Bird isn't confused anymore! That means he's got to attack, building up alot of Poison power to make sure Vito can't catch up. He can't hold it in anymore and hurls out a surprisingly big clump of poisonous Sludge up at Vito! The Honchkrow's reflexes are a tad mired so he can't get away in time. But he still manages to flap a little, managing to elude the sludge a little just it manages to burst against him! This Bombs him good and leaves him pretty upset, just about enough to exact his revenge! He's radiating with Psychic energy, remarking that this kind of power is no trouble for him but is the exact opposite for pokemon that handle poison...He elicits a daunting One-Liner and unleashes a powerful nearly unseeable force down to earth! Zoro flaps eratically out of panic and gets out of the way of some of the incoming attack, but the rest of it nails him HARD and slams him to the floor! Partial dodging or not, that looked like it hurt!

His Trainer wondering if he's ok, Zoro takes a while to twitch and flap back up. Whatever he recovered was pretty much lost, but he bluffs that he's still good to pester his adversary further! Vito looks at him from several feet above with big disdain. He tries to pretend that he's not being troubled by the escalating toxins, just barely keeps a straight face when they do act up and hurt him even more!

Huh. Would you look at that? They playing field is even! But of course that's not lastin' long with these two around!

Zoro took a rough hit, but there's actually just a little change for the worst for him since the last round. The two are almost neck and neck! Despite his high energy use, he can still give it all he can. He's got similar overall energy to his opponent.

Vito got hurt just as hard, it brings him down a bit past halfway now! He can still give it his all, but has just about reached half of his overall energy. What he's got left of Psychic could back another Calm Mind, I guess.

Extroph is going to do something. I can't wait!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-20-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #22
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Twister of the Flying variety, then create some distance as you Dark Pulse.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 06-21-2016, 03:49 AM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Flying!Fly to dodge the Twister and strike. Remain evasive.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #24
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 7: Escape the storm, embrace darkness...

Vito doesn't waste time with any one-liners this time and starts to flap with rhythm. Oh, I actually recognize that wingbeat, he's about to whip up quite a wind to attack Zoro with! Soon enough the winds swirl about in a way that another wicked Twister is formed and sent to menace the Zubat! But Zoro knows how to get around this one, he starts to Fly up with great ease as an evasive maneuver. He manages to zip and swoop around the wild winds and come at Vito quickly! Vito isn't surprised, he figures by now that his opponent has proven to be pretty slippery...But Zoro comes up and slams into him, knocking him off balance for a moment!

Vito quickly rights himself as Zoro flops and gets to his level. That was a tricky maneuver, and you can bet he's not going to let Zoro get away with that! It looks like this time he's letting his Dark energy really flourish this time around, backing up a tad to get a better shot. It's not long before he lets it loose in an awful Pulse of power at an already fleeing Zubat! Zoro is being as elusive as he can, but even he can't get away completely and gets another taste of Vito's power!

Zoro gets shocked and briefly and sent off course, but quickly comes to and gets flying again, meeting Vito several feet away. This is sure looking close...The Gym Trainer's Ace swears to Zoro that he hasn't won yet, but then those toxins take a sizable bite out of his strength! The Challenger's ace quickly rebuffs him with a sly quip of his own, noting that he's not looking so hot.

And he's right, that poison is getting worse and worse. It's a real pain, too bad he doesn't have armor like mine!

Zip it! He might hear you...You're better off just telling us how they're both holding up.

Vito took a good bit of damage, he's falling behind now and almost hits his last stretch! He used alot of energy and is wearing himself down, he might wanna take it easy...He's got less than half of his overall energy now.

Zoro had it a little less worse, looking a little better off than his opponent! He had a lighter round too and can still keep going. He's got somewhat more energy to work with.

What's Ironthunder planning next? This is so exciting!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #25
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Let's run with a Sludge Bomb into him, followed by a Venoshock.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles